V8 Cheer Squad

Put your cheerleader concepts here!

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
KamiKaze

V8 Cheer Squad

Post by KamiKaze »

Hey gang!

So I ended up making two different cheerleader concepts, and I've seen a few others floating around. I thought it'd be a cool thing to make a thread specifically for discussing the cheer squad and their concept!

Aside from mentioning your cheer kids, there is some stuff to discuss:
* What type of cheerleading? What we typically see in high school pep rallies and sports sidelines is scholastic, but there's also such a thing as competitive cheerleading. It's mentioned in the lore that traditional sports culture is different at JEHS (no football, but there is basketball, for ex). Do we want a variant of scholastic, or something else entirely?
* On that note, on-campus or off, since lore-wise sports culture is different?
* Positions? Here are the three main roles for the uninitiated.

Have at!

Cheer Squad:
* Ashlee Donovan (flyer)
* Ty Hartley (base)
* Danielle "Dani" Bird (flyer)
* Josiah Flanagan (base)
* Molly Ramirez (spotter)
* Isidore Lastname (spotter)
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Dani would probably be a flyer!
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Josiah Flanagan would be a base! Also I'd prefer scholastic just because it's less involved than the other side and he's not as devoted as outside cheer would require but also because JEM budget cuts present some interesting RP opportunities.

They ain't getting charter buses to away games ; ;
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

If you want to know my preferences: I feel scholastic on-campus is the best way to go. There hasn't been anything established by staff lore-wise about the cheerleading squad as of yet, but it may be easiest for most peoples' concepts now and in the future. After all, we have different levels of engagement thus far, and like Sunny said, it may be fun to play with the budget cuts issue. Plus, cheer is also common at basketball games, so maybe that's where they're doing stuff? O_O
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Molly Ramirez can be a spotter since we're lacking them so far. :D
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I'll put down Isidore [diesel engine truck passes by while I say his last name] as a spotter as well since we're low on those and he def ain't a flyer
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Aracelis is a tumbler and also does cheer at a cheer club outside of school
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

I'm going to do something Aesthetics/stupid here and tentatively commit to this:
Ash Graves used to be in cheer, during Freshman and Sophomore year. She was Base as Base can get, and even back then naturally gravitated towards leadership and admin roles besides being a grunt on the field.
Salem Fox joined the squad his Sophomore year. Was vers (phrasing intended) as a spotter and a flyer.

Salem came and went on a lark but Ash being Ash is still fond of her history with the cheer squad and is particularly likely to try and lend her muscle to handle fundraisers and budget issues. Obviously they would only have particular connections with the current members who have been around since their respective times.
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Rebekah Hayes would be a base or spotter, whichever needed more people. She'd happily take part in any fundraisers or whatever else needed doing, but would definitely not be a leader. She could also be handy source of band-aids, chapstick, or any other minor essentials that people might need.
SHSL Awkwardness#1092 on Discord, hit me up for character discussions.
V8 concepts

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”