Left in a tree

Start - B70

The expressway traverses the entire island, running from end to end and leading everywhere and nowhere. This long and winding road once served as the primary route of transportation across the island. Now, it's become just another part of the fight for survival.
AtomicWaffle†

Left in a tree

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

"Ouch."

Garry awoke with a start as he was violently jerked downward.

"Hey!"
His vision was blurry, but he could feel someone digging into his foot, and dragging him downwards.

Oh, god, what a fucking headache. He thought.

As his vision gradually came back, he realized that it was not a person holding onto his leg, but a tree branch had stuck itself inside his knee brace.  If he could only reach upward...

*Snap!*

"SHIIIIIT!!!"

He fell about six feet to a lower branch, catching on his shirt.
It was then he noticed a small pack beside him, barely hanging on to a nearby branch. He grabbed the pack just in time, as the branch he was on snapped as well.

"Sonofa-"

*crash*

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't so big."

He dragged himself upright beside the tree stump, when he realized exactly where he was. It couldn't be real. His teachers murdered, a exploding collar, and being forced to murder his classmates.

"No..... WHY? WHY ,WHY, WHY, WHY?!!!!"

He shut himself up. If he was in a game where people are killing each other, he should probably lay low, he thought.

But where was his cane? If he could not walk, he would not have a chance.

15 Minutes Later

Garry looked inside his pack. As he was searching through the various items the terrorists had left him, he felt a sharp prick in his hand.

"Well, what do we have here?"

Inside was a Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knife, fairly large, with a evidently sharp blade.

"Oh boy, a knife. This would actually be useful if I wasn't a fucking cripple."

He examined it closely, and proceeded to poke the ground with it.
" *Sigh* Well. What to do now..?"

He started to carve into a tree: Garry Was Here when he heard a shuffling noise coming from above him. As he looked up, he saw a silver glint above him. His cane! It was stuck in one of the higher branches of the tree, dangling precariously.

"Ureaka!" He said to himself. That was a habit he could never break, was talking to himself.

He thought... Why am I talking to myself anyways? It isn't like I have a little tape recorder in my hand all the time, like the guy from The Core. Heheh. He kept recording his thoughts, right until the moment he died, and realized the pointlessness of it. Could that be me I wonder?

He broke out of his philisophical stupor and started to think of ways to get his cane back. He thought about throwing his knife at it, but it was too light and it would be easy to get himself killed that way. So he decided to shake the tree. Sure enough, the cane came down off the tree. As he reached over to grab the cane from the air, he tripped on something heavy.
He winced in pain:

"What the... Aughh!"

He yelled in terror as he saw a body lying on the ground. Covered in a mask, the body had a single bullet wound in it's head.

"Get away! Get away!!!!"

He crawled back with his cane in hand, but when he looked back, he saw a lone root of a tree. There was no body, just a tree root and some bad memories.

"Life sucks Garry, but don't be scared of the past, just... Get up."
As he said that, he pulled himself to his feet, albeit in pain, and limped off in the distance.

As he walked off, he remembered his leg wound appeared to be healing, and the doctors said in a month he would not need the cane anymore.

If I live a month...

He shuddered.

Bad memories...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Please attempt to refrain from double-posting. Thanks.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

<<Start Sylvea Hill: G99>>

A tear dropped into the dirt.

It made many single-celled organisms very happy, but for Sylvea Hill, the proverbial shit had hit the fan. it had hit it big time. She was on Survival of the Fittest. Twelve people were already dead. She'd been crying pretty much all yesterday while she wandered down the road. Dust was inhabiting everything. Normally, she didn't mind the dust all that much, but it was different now. This dust came from a road that ran accross an island where a lot of kids were going to murder eachother. Were murdering eachother. Are murdering eachother.

Oh God, what did I do to deserve this? Sylvea firmly believed in karma, despite being nominally christian. She must have done something... Life couldn't just be a random string of probabilities that went ever onward, with no purpose. No mercy. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO?

Inwardly it was all coming to pieces. She hadn't seen a single person since she arrived. Maybe there aren't that many people... Sylvea shook her head. She knew that her class had been taken... but... that really wasn't that many people. There were names in that announcement that didn't go to Franklyn. Oh God, people are dead, they aren't just names, that's terrible...

There were other school's here. She didn't know how many people would be buried here, but there would be a sizable body count. A very sizable count, and odds were that her mortal remains would be in the mass grave. She hated herself for it, but she new that she couldn't kill someone. She didn't want to know about how the brains oozed out of the skull... after it had been ventilated by a bullet.

Up ahead there was a tree. She couldn't see to well, but it looked like  someone was up in the higher branches. The person was climbing down.

"Uh... HEY! HOW ARE YOU?" What are you supposed to say to someone now, anyway?

"I'M NOT PLAYING!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Endless_Helix. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

As Garry started down the road, he heard a voice:
"Uh....HEY! HOW ARE YOU?"
He stopped, and turned around sharply.

It begins...
"I'M NOT PLAYING!"
Or not...

Strength in a crowd of people as opposed to one, I guess. Although they do say three is a crowd, so what do I get with two people? Conversation?

He looked closer at the girl and saw that she appeared to be crying.
Who wouldn't be upset?
He thought to himself, Is she intelligent? Does she know her way around the wilderness? Does she have some sort of medical knowlage?
Then a thought stuck out in his mind:

Does she have a gun?

That would be very useful to him right now, as he could not walk very fast, and his agility was limited.
Although, she probably would not give up her gun here.
Alive.
He shook his head. He would not murder someone for a gun, a tool of murder itself. At that moment, his mood brightened. He thought at least he could talk to someone besides himself

"Well, i'm glad you aren't playing. Because I am in no mood to be shot at, knifed, or possibly beaten to death with a spoon." He replied to her in a sarcastic tone.

"And to answer your question, life, right now, sucks. In all honesty, I am feeling like total crap. But, there has to be a way out of all this, right? You got to be optimistic, even here."

His appearance had somewhat of a quality of a insane person, sometimes shaking occasionally. Of course, that could be the side effect of being dropped out of a plane, or his painkillers wearing off.
As he straightened his coat, still covered in leaves, he seemed to calm down.

He smirked, "Wow, I talk too much, I'm Garry D. Dodd, what is your name?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Sylvea smiled a little. The guy, Garry, didn't appear psychotic. Neurotic, definately. Psychotic, no. He was favoring one of his legs a little, and he was about a foot taller than her, but somehow, he didn't really come off as intimidating. He came off shocked, nervous, and a little rumpled. Garry kind of reminded Sylvea of a large flustered gerbil, which just discovered that you were tapping against its cage.  

"I'm Sylvea, from Franklyn. I think we were supposed to be camping..." Sylvea was at a loss for things to talk about, which would have surprised the hell out of her friends.  She tried to wipe away the worst of the tears from her vision. The dust didn't actually do much to help matters, but it was pretty evident that she'd been crying anyway.  The bloodshot eyes were a dead give away.

The weather probably would come off as ridiculous. Bringing up the weather just seemed so meaningless.  Schoolwork was so far away that it didn't matter. She knew nothing about him, who his friends were, what he did for fun... Talking about how she felt like her bowels were liquifying was probably going to scare Garry away.  Wait, Garry D. Dodd... was Garry related to Adam Dodd, the last "winner" of this sick place? It had been all over the news when he had shown up after weeks of searching. It seems he wandered to his house after he won. Hmm... That probably wouldn't be a good way to start a conversation ("So, Garry, are you related to the guy that killed twelve people in the last SOTF?")

"So... got any good ideas on how to get off this place? I dunno about you, I really don't want to... y'know... be on this island any more...." That was probably the safest topic to talk to anyone about. There wasn't anyone on the island who would actively hate you more for wanting to save everyone.

Well, I hope there isn't anyone like that...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Endless_Helix. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

"Well, firstly, it's good to see a living person on this island, and yes, I am related to Adam Dodd, before you ask. I'm his cousin. Some sick joke eh?"
He cleared his throat.
"Well, if you want to get off here, the first thing to do would be to get these collars off. Unfortunately, they have a pressure sensor, and are electrical and water proof."
As gestured to his cane, he looked around him, hoping no-one was hiding near them.

"This cane here has a built in tazer, however I think, but i'm not sure, that the terrorists have fucked with the wiring. I haven't looked extensively at it, but I think it is now only able to empty all of the battery power in one final push of the button. Effectively being useless if you want to incapacitate someone."
He then frowned, remembering that you do not need to do that in SOTF.
"Of course, it is probably lethal."

As he said this, a small blonde boy awoke in a small bush on the other side of the road.
Wha... where am I? Lester Treskington thought.
Survival of the fittest hm? I never thought someone like Danya would want someone like me.... All that work just to put me on the island. Of course, I imagine there are other schools here too. I guess i'll have to play to survive.

(At this point, I may add, Lester is the equivalent of one of those white puffy dogs that always barks, and barks, and never really carries out what he plans to do. If he has the ability to actually KILL one, we shall see...)

As he looked up, he saw a tall boy, actually, frightiningly tall, talking to a girl across the road. At a closer glance he saw the boy had a cane.

Rummaging through his pack revealed two sais, and the other standard items he saw when he watched the previous SOTF.

These look intresting... I wonder what they are. They look like knives, but with blunt ends. It'll probably still work. I guess I'm a little lucky, last time someone was armed with a butter knife!

He grabbed the sais, leaving his pack on the ground.

Easy target...

He jumped out of the bushes, with a warcry that would make Tarzan proud.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Garry turned around to see a dirty, flamboyantly dressed boy running at him, with two sais, causing him to question reality for a moment. Upon returning to the fact that there was a boy running at him with two improperly held weapons, he waited calmly until the boy got within a meter and a half of him, then quickly stuck out his cane, hitting Lester in the throat and then tossed the cane into the air as Lester reeled backwards.

(Now is also a good time to mention that, altough Garry's leg-bone was almost completely destroyed, he has made it somewhat of a obsession to improve his strength and reflexes better than before, and was previously a 3rd degree black belt in Jujitsu, and was on his way to get his Tae Kwon Do Black belt the day he was shot. He perservered in every way possible to get better, and the Doctors were amazed at the speed he was healing.)

"Oof!" Lester grunted, proceeding to cough up a small amount of bloody phelgm.
Using the cane, now with the curved end downwards, Garry delivered a powerful baseball-style swing to the side of Lester's knee. The effect of Lester being off balance, combined with the powerful blow to the side of his knee, sent Lester's feet out from under him, landing painfully on his side.
Using the cane as a support behind him, he used his good leg to brutally stomp on the boy.

"Fuck" *Stomp* "You!"

Finally, he knocked the remaining sai (The other one was far behind Lester,) aside.
"Now, you have three choices." He paused to take a breath, then continued:
"Either one: You can continue having the living SHIT beaten out of you, whereas I will probably toss you off a cliff or into a ditch somewhere, Two: You can come with us, and not die, or Three: we can hang you up in that tree for the other psychotics to come get you, plus, we will take your weapons, and possibly clothes, depending on the crazy troubled kids who murder their parents this year!"

"And you aren't crazy and troubled?" Lester dared to say.

Lester didn't have time to react as the titanium cane flew at his face, breaking his nose and causing blood to spill across the ground and Lester's now destroyed face.

"You don't know fuck all about the troubles I've had to deal with!!"
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

It just happened so fast. Some crazy-ass bastard jumped out of the brush pile and attacked Garry. Sylvea had no time to react before her newfound friend had the invader on the ground and was threatening him. Apparently, violence ran in the family. Or at least a very strong survival instinct. The recent revelation into Olliver's family history only scared her a little. If anything, it made him more appealing as an ally. Adam Dodd was supposedly a nice guy, if a little morose and haunted now.

Once the aggressor was on the ground, she noticed that he was rather slight, and more than a little creepy. He had terrible fashion sense. Even her vestigial "Fashion Faux-Pas" instinct was set to a red alert. She really hoped that this encounter didn't end up with someone dead... Sylvea was freaking out about even this ammount of violence. Buck up, princess... no time to be faint of heart now.

She reached into her bag and pulled out her designated armament, a pistol was about all she could call it; she was never really big into guns. She'd figured out how to load it earlier , and cocking it was just like in the movies. With shaking hands she pointed it at the kid on the ground.

"I don't want him with us. He fucking attacked us! Why the hell should we trust him?" Sylvea's voice quivered a little. "He can go on his way. I don't care about that... but, hell, he fucking attacked us... I don't trust him..."

She shifted her grip on the pistol finding that aiming with one arm was useless; her arm kept twitching and screwing up her aim. She grabbed it with both hands and continued.

"I know that this is 'survival of the fittest', and I am quite aware of what that means, but still... He should know better than to attack people if he wants friendly contact."

Sylvea's adrenaline was making her nervous and angry. This fucker on the ground had just threatened her and her friend's continued survival!  Sylvea was inscensed. She had the saftey on, to prevent accidents, but it was invitingly close to her thumb. It was fairly easy to click on and off. She wanted to be ready for when the kid tried something stupid.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Lester Treskington was shocked. He had been nearly beaten to death by a cripple!
As Garry told him his options, he looked behind him to see that, although Garry might be merciful, the girl behind him wouldn't.

"Okay, okay! I'll come with you! Just don't hurt me!" Lester said, in his best "I'm pitiful and beg for mercy"- voice. He was a amazing actor, and apparantly it paid off.

"Alright then," Garry replied, still skeptical. "But, if you do happen to try and attack us, I'll shove both sais, and this knife, straight up your ass, got it?"

What was this guy thinking? He would take me with them, even though I had tried to kill him? Weak.

I hope he actually is serious about this. But would I really kill the bastard if he attacked us? Moreso, will Sylvea put the goddamn gun down!?

Garry turned around. "Sylvea, put the gun down, he is coming with us. If he makes so much as a step too close to you, shoot him. Besides, we might need him."
Garry pondered to himself, why would they need him? I guess, if he could save as many people as he could from this hellhole, or at least find some way of turning this into his favor, then he could.... Wait.. he wouldn't turn on some innocent people, just to get home. Ending their lives... betraying them. He couldn't. He wouldn't. But... He just had to see if he could somehow get off the island, and he couldn't do that without help. This game of last man standing, he thought, would keep happening until Danya and his men are cought and brought to justice.
Big chances of that happening.
Looking back at Lester, he held out his hand. "Cmon, get up, and if you are really going to be sincere, and assist us in this island hell, I'm sorry."
With that, Lester grabbed onto Garry's hand and pulled himself up.
"T-thanks." When he reached down to get one of the sais however, Garry's hand shot towards Lester's throat, locking him in a vice grip.
"Did I forget to mention that you will be traveling unarmed? Because, you are." After he let go of Lester's throat, sais in hand, he beckoned to Sylvea.
"Cmon, lets go!"
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Sylvea glanced at Garry, he seemed to trust the kid who attacked them... Which seems pretty damn stupid... He's only given us evidence of hostile intentions... Granted the kid on the ground seemed to be unarmed, and was at least pretending to be repenetent. But Sylvea  still didn't trust him. There were too many variables left up to chance. He was a dangerous unknown, unlike Garry.

Maybe Garry knew the kid... that would explain why he seemed to trust the fucker. Hell, it could be even be a set up. Garry had some pretty insane fighting skills for a cripple. Odds are that he knew how to use those sais, and Sylvea still didn't know what Garry's original weapon. he could've gotten that knife anywhere...

"Garry, do you know this kid?" Sylvea asked, "Is that why you trust him?  It seems a bit out of place to just throw your lot in with him like this..." And it seems pretty damn stupid. The kid on the ground was making all the "right" noises to be let off the hook. So what? Pigs squealed when you hit them with a cane, as well. It seems like Prince here is a thinker...

Sylvea flicked the saftey off. He hands trembled a little more.  This weapon was armed and dangerous now. The deafening click that heralded the release of the safety meant that Sylvea Hill had just admitted to herself that she was willing to kill someone for her and her firend's continued survival. This frightened her more than she already was. Sweat dripped down her nose, or was it a tear? Who knows...
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

"Sylvea STOP IT! I trust him simply because I have the nerve not to kill him right now! I DO NOT approve of killing people or leaving them to die, and I don't know about you, but I DO NOT want to end up like Adam!"
That last part burst completely out of his control. How could he say that? He didn't mean it, did he?
"You!" He pointed at Lester,"I know you are trying to get me into a position where you can stab me in the back, i'm not stupid. However, i'd rather have a extra target in case someone comes and starts shooting us, trust me, I will use you as a human shield if I have to. Furthermore, I've felt the.." Did he want to say this...
I have killed before, I don't want to do it again. "-Greif... of murder. Only for my own survival, and right now, you are no threat. You are a pathetic asshole who decided to jump out of the brush and stab me with a weapon you don't even know how to use!"

He became increasingly agitated as Lester became increasingly fearful of this boy.

Who the hell does he think he is?

"Who the hell do you think you are? Acting like you are some grandoise leader of some sort, you are just a plain stupid cripple who thinks he can get off this island, and you and I both know that is IMPOSSIBLE. I-"

"Run for your life." Garry unsheathed the knife.

"Oh, come on, I just think that you need a reality check. How do you think you can hurt me with that? I mean, I can run, but you just.... shamble?"
Lester flinched as a sai flew by his head and embedded itself four inches into a tree.
"Oh no, you threw a sai at me, what ever will I do?" Lester said sarcastically.
Lester ripped the sai out of the tree's weak edge and ran down the expressway, with Garry limping after him, determined to keep up his promise of beating Lester Treskington into the ground.

((Continued in Treskington's End))
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Sylvea was more than a little startled, both by her own actions and Garry's apparent bloodlust.

It also left her in an awkward place... She was alone, essentially without anywhere to turn to. She didn't know who was on the island, but apparently it included other schools than hers.  It meant that it would last a while... which increased her chances of survival, just by the low odds of death finding any one student at this point...

There were at least 99 other girls on the island, and probably as many boys. Twelve had died, which left  pretty slim odds of her finding a bullet in her chest.  Not that she had much of one. Basically, she was panicking. The way Garry freaked out was rather terrifying...

Sylvea Hill walked down the express way to destiny...

((Continued in I Do Not Like Thee, Mr. Danya!))

Return to “The Expressway”