Alive Out of Habit

A basic three-room facility which once served the residents of the island. The waiting room is nothing to speak of, with only a few dust-covered chairs, an old lamp, and a stack of ancient magazines sitting on the table. The examination room is even blander, containing nothing except some expired medical supplies and an old examination table. The third room holds two rows of cots and was once used to quarantine sick patients.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Kallie frowned a bit when it became blatantly obvious that Neil and Matt weren't leaving. Neil scribbled something out in the notebook in his hand and forced it toward Keith, insisting that he had "written a song about Danya that they should read". Kallie raised an eyebrow skeptically at the notebook, not bothering to look at the words scrawled sloppily across the page.

Whether they were lyrics or something else, she didn't know, and she didn't really care. Keith seemed to have the same attitude, knocking the notebook to the ground and leaving his shotgun trained on the two students.

Maxie, who had been uncharacteristically silent up until this point in time, suddenly spoke up. Apparently, the conversation going on between their group and the two newcomers hadn't sat well with Maxie. She began ranting on and on about how if she'd walked up in place of the boys, they probably wouldn't have "accepted" her into their group.

Of course, at least in Kallie's mind, Maxie had hit the nail on the head. She'd only been integrated into the group because she'd come up only moments before Keith had, and the mood had changed dramatically when he'd appeared. She just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

She finally concluded her speech, saying that she was leaving the group. Kallie didn't say anything to stop her as she headed out into the dark jungle. The fact was, Kallie wasn't too concerned either way if she stayed or left.

As cold as it sounded, she had meant what she'd said to Matt only moments before. She was only concerned about her friends, and Maxie was right, she wasn't a part of that group. Of course, that didn't mean Kallie wanted the girl to die, but was she willing to put her own life on the line to protect her? Definitely not. That's just the way it was.

Finally, Matt and Neil seemed to get the picture. Except, Matt seemed to have one final bit to say. He might have thought the words he was flinging at her were going to insult her, or make her change her mind, or something. Kallie didn't really know what his intentions were, but all she could do was find his futile attempt to get under her skin somewhat humorous.

"I'm sorry that you don't get it, Matt," Kallie responded with a faint smile, "When you're nothing but a perv with no friends that stalks guys around the school, it must be a hard concept to understand. The thing is, we're just trying to survive, and you know something? If I do die, I'd rather spend my last moments with people I actually care about than with a group of people I don't even know. But, like I said, that's probably a concept that goes right over your head."

Matt turned and headed back into the dark jungle, and Kallie couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved. He'd followed her around the island for nearly two days straight, and she couldn't shake the vibe that he was nothing but a little creep. Why he kept coming around, trying to get them to "accept" him, she didn't know.

In fact, it made her uncomfortable. Why would anyone in their right mind want to be around a group of people that had adamantly refused to take him in? Unless he was planning to kill them all in their sleep or something, it made absolutely no sense to her.

While she had been contemplating Matt's actions, Neil had moved closer to them and leaned down to get his notebook. He looked up at her, then to Keith, and explained to the two of them that they were just alike, and they were all trying to survive. If he was trying to plead his case one final time, it wasn't working.

To have a good "group", you had to have people you trusted... people you could depend on. Random people that you've talked to one time in class all year long? They just wouldn't cut it. If there was one thing the ridiculous "Survival Guide" Danya had written was correct on, it was that groups are prone to weak links.

Those weak links were people who didn't have confidence in their ability to survive with a group. Those weak links were the ones that didn't share some strong bond with the others. They were the ones who inevitably snapped and killed everyone in the group to prolong their own survival.

Not letting people she didn't know into the group? It was Kallie's way of keeping things like that from happening. It was her way of keeping the people she did care about safe. And so far, it seemed to be working like a charm.

That was the thing about friends. She, Keith, and Guy... they were all on the same page. Maybe that was why she felt like she could trust either of the boys with her life.

Alice? Well, she was so dependent on Guy, or so it seemed, that she couldn't possibly turn into a weak link. From what Kallie'd seen of the girl, she was incapable of taking care of herself, let alone attempting to kill the entire group. She reminded Kallie somewhat of a small child. It was a quality that was almost endearing. Maybe that was why she had made an exception for Alice.

Her eyes moved toward Guy and Alice, who were heading back into the hospital. Personally, after the events that had unfolded in the area, Kallie would have rather left and found another location. Unfortunately, now wasn't exactly the best time to be doing any sort of moving.

It was late, very late, and the sun had long since gone down over the horizon. Throughout the time they'd been talking to Neil and Matt, Kallie had been so engaged in the events that were unfolding that she hadn't even realized that it was now pitch-black outside. Kallie sighed quietly, her attention turning to Keith.

"As much as I'd rather not, it's probably better that we stay here for the night. Stumbling around through the jungle in the dark isn't going to get us anything except killed... or, you know, eaten by something. At this point, I don't know which would be worse. We can go look for Darnell... and Izzy and Trey too, I guess... in the morning... alright?"

She smiled faintly, trying to push the sheer fatigue that three days on the island had built up. Right now, more than anything in the world, Kallie wanted to take a nice, hot shower and go to sleep. Unfortunately, given their current situation, neither seemed like much of an option.

She could sleep, sure, if she had enough faith that nothing bad would happen while she was asleep. She could hear her stomach growling quietly, and she was quickly reminded of the fact that she'd eaten next to nothing in three days as well.

This really sucks...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Once again, Alice took her place as the observer to everything around her, watching as people started to leave as quickly as they had arrived. She couldn't find the nerve to speak out as much as the whole matter troubled her. Surely they would be safer as a group, wouldn't they? What would Neil, Maxie, and Matt do now that they took it upon themselves to strike out on their own? What would happen to them now? 'Surely nothing bad', was an ideal that Alice had trouble holding onto, now that she knew a little more of the reality of SOTF. Seeing those corpses on the ground...it gave Alice a wake-up call of sorts. One that felt unpleasant and left her feeling more apprehensive than anything.

And what did the issue of trust have to do with the matter of people leaving the group? Everything it seemed. Kallie, Guy, and Keith seemed to have established something of a social group already even before they were brought to this island. It was clear that they trusted eachother. Maybe in order to trust some people, you have to learn to not trust others? In order to choose your allies, you have to forsake everyone else? It was something of a conundrum to Alice... and something she'd rather not believe in. She barely knew any of Keith, Guy, or Kallie. What if she were the next one to leave the group? Nor did she want to think about any of them dying, nor the thought of them having to kill anyone who happened to attack them, as much as Matt mentioning it struck a chord in Alice's mind.

Alice looked back towards Keith and Kallie as she was pulled into the hospital. Surely they weren't thinking to leaving too, were they?

She immersed herself in these thoughts as she let Guy lead her into the lobby of the hospital. Alice couldn't help but notice a slight trail of blood that seemed to lead further into one of the inner rooms of the facility... she gulped slightly. Having barely watched an hour of television in her life, Alice had not developed the smallest bit of immunity against certain sights. Blood, corpses, seven-foot tall psychopaths, and Guy's shirtless upper torso included.

Speaking of the latter, Alice turned red slightly, remembering the task that she herself on a sudden whim of boldness had offered to do. Turning towards Guy, she mumbled slightly, gripping the disinfectant towellette. "I......This...might s-sting a bit..."

Gingerly, she pulled off the band-aid, and began cleaning the wound very delicately, partially for Guy's sake and also due to her own shyness. Feeling her heart race, Alice tried her best not to look directly at Guy, as much as her job practically required her to look at his shirtless form. That in itself only made the task at hand even more difficult.

What in the world am I doing? She wondered to herself. Alice could feel the blood rushing to her head a bit, as she struggled to concentrate on removing the patches of blood around the wound that Guy had neglected to tend to properly. Of course, Alice knew exactly what she was doing right now, and just that fact was enough to aggravate her nervousness.

She was touching the body of a person of the opposite sex of all things. And for the first time too! >_<;;;;;;

...Oh, this wasn't the time to think about that now! >< Alice was being silly, she knew. And surely Guy was much too cool to think about certain things.... >_ Alice struggled to concentrate on patching up the wound, using both hands now to apply the gauze and the bandage. Once, twice, she nearly missed the center of the gash, much to her agitation. And then it occurred to her that she ought to open her eyes while mending an injury, of all things... >_>

"D-does the bandage feel alright on you?" Alice didn't quite meet his eyes as she applied the gauze and bandage, still quite red-faced, and looking much too embarrassed for eye contact. "I h-hope it's not bothering you...or anything..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As Neil and Matthew both left the area, both retorting at Keith and Kallie with obvious disdain for their rejection from the group, Keith found that there was very little to be said that he hadn't already verbalized. He just plain didn't trust them, and now that he'd found people that he DID trust, he didn't wanna leave them, not at any cost.

Of course, this also presented a bit of a quandry to himself. Since he'd found such a tight group, he wanted to stay with them, but he couldn't forget about his day one allies - mainly Izzy and Trey. The three had gone around together for a while, and until the explosion that'd seperated them, Keith'd fully planned to stay with them, even after he found his friends. They were both good people, and he knew both of them from before - which was to say that he liked their company when he did end up hanging out with them. They were even almost his friends outside, so finding them - that was a priority for him as well as had been finding Kallie, Darnell, and even Guy.

Even Guy...fuckin' hell, that's a joke. God knows I could never let anything serious happen to the little bastard. Dude's like a little brother that I didn't have, even though he'd like the same age or somethin'. I'd protect his scrawny ass as much as I'd protect Darnell or Kal, and that's just how it goes. Gotta wonder what's goin' on with him and that chick though...don't know who she is, but whatever, if she's with Guy, I hope she'll be okay...

Keith's scowl broke as he snickered to himself, unable to suppress it.

..."with Guy"? Jeez, there's a couple words I didn't figure I'd hear myself sayin'. Sure, he's gotten some pussy over the years, but...yeah, Guy just ain't the type to pick up so many chicks, unless they dig the crazy comedian thing...ahh, fuck it. Good for him, if that's how it's goin' down...

While Guy seemed preoccupied with his companion Alice? Was that her name...? Yeah, Alice, I think..., Keith's thoughts then turned back to Kallie, who was standing in front of him looking folornly into the jungle, watching the unwanted students saunter off. After her retort, she seemed to sink back into herself, and Keith wondered if she wasn't almost at her wits end. Kallie was a strong girl, Keith'd always liked that about her, and she never had any cause to not say what was on her mind. That kind of attitude was bound to put you into trouble, especially in such a situation as the one they found themselves in now. He was about to say something, when she suddenly opened her mouth and turned to Keith, words flowing out almost all at once.

She didn't say much, and still looked just utterly exhausted as she suggested they stay in the hospital for the night. At the suggestion, Keith found that he couldn't agree more. The day had been hell, and he'd barely slept any since he'd been with Izzy and Trey. His body'd taken a pounding, and the blood loss was undoubtedly catching up with him a bit. Things were starting to register now with him, and as he blinked some of the haze seemed to stop clouding his mind. Looking again at Kallie, and how utterly defeated she looked, Keith couldn't help but do anything except step over and giver her a big hug.

Keith hadn't really come to the terms with the fact that his feelings for Kallie were more than friendship, and as he'd kind of realized while attending the bar fights several weeks prior, he still didn't necessarily believe that they were there. But they were, he just didn't really want to admit it to himself. Kallie was a gorgeous girl, yeah. That much was definitely true. But Keith was a buddy, one of the guys, and he wasn't sure if he was just feeling the same kind of closeness that he'd felt with any of his close guy friends, or even Guy, for that matter. Did she feel like a sister?

Fuck, I know the answer but just don't wanna own up. Keith, you're a bitch, brother. Go back an' fuckin' hide in Azeroth, why don'tch'ya. You're a football player, a rugby dude. You're not a bad lookin' dude either, y'know? An' hell, if we're all gonna die, may as well give it a shot.

Blinking, Keith shook his head. He couldn't believe what he was hearing in his own mind. At a time like this, and he was thinking about getting some ass from a girl who'd been his friend for ...what seemed like ages? Perhaps he was delerious already. As he released Kallie from the hug, he kept his hand on her arm for a few seconds more, reassuringly giving her a small squeeze as he smiled at her and nodded at her suggestion.

"Yeah, you're right, we should pro'ally bunk here for the night. It's startin' to get t'be that time, an' I don't really wanna get eaten an' shit. Could be some big freakin' monster in the woods, like that Queen bitch from those Alien movies an' stuff, yeah? No thanks."

Smiling for a moment, his expression turned serious and he stopped joking around.

"Nah, it's a good idea. Darnell can take care of himself, I think. He should be able to last another night, I hope. An' for what it's worth, that song-kid mentioned somethin' about seeing Izzy alive, so hopefully we can go find her too. An' Trey, I'm sure he's kickin' about somewhere. But...we can worry about that later, yeah? Right now I'm more concerned 'bout you guys...mainly, you. Kal, you look...like you've been through hell an' back. I know I haven't had the best of times, but how've you been? Have you...have you been alright? Let's go inside, close up shop, and we can unwind. Sounds good, yeah?"

Smiling a bit, Keith again touched her back but this time started to walk, leading her towards the hospital building.

"Ya gotta let me know what's happened...an' who that chick is that Guy's givin' the eyes to. Man's as see-through as a pane o' glass, yeah?"

As he started to lead the obviously tired Kallie towards the hospital, he hoped that they'd picked the right safe haven. Who knew if some psychopath awaited within? Keith didn't know how he'd feel dealing with that, especially if anyone got hurt...especially if it were Kallie....
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Sorry for the delay. Real life decided to dropkick me in the teeth this week.))

While Kallie had expected no objection from Keith in regards to staying at the hospital overnight, what she hadn't expected was for her friend to suddenly come up and hug her. It didn't really register to her what was going on at the moment. Instead, it almost felt like some kind of delayed reaction from when they'd initially run into one another earlier. And so, her only response was to stand there limply.

How well have you thought this through, Kallie? Wanting to find your friends, it's all well and good, but what happens after that? You've got Keith and Guy, the only other person you were looking for was Darnell. What're you gonna do if he turns up dead tomorrow morning? What're you gonna do if he's still alive? You haven't thought about this at all. What happens after you find them? Are you just going to sit around and try to survive? It doesn't work that way. Only one person can win.

Keith finally released her, giving her a reassuring smile before joking about getting eaten by aliens out in the jungle. From what she'd seen over the past few days, the joke might not have been too far off, either. Honestly, she was more concerned about the twisted monsters that used to be her classmates coming after them than the island wildlife, although the deep, dark jungle was probably hiding its fair share of potential hazards too.

He seemed pretty confident when he said that Darnell could handle himself for the night, and that he was sure his other friends were still alive as well. Secretly, Kallie wished she had that much faith in the abilities of her friends, but the fact was, she couldn't push the worry that everyone else was dead out of her mind. Still, it wasn't worth brooding about, she supposed. That was just a river that would have to be crossed when they came to it.

"Did you just tell me I looked bad?" Kallie mused with a light smile, trying to push all the thoughts out of her mind, "'Cause I'm gonna have to take that as an insult."

She grinned slightly, shaking her head somewhat.

"But seriously... I'm fine. I think maybe I've had it better than a lot of other people so far. Haven't really ran into anybody dangerous... it seems like a lot of people aren't playing. But..."

Not playing didn't equal trustworthy. At least, not to Kallie. The fact was, people were still playing, and it seemed like the same few people were killing dozens upon dozens of their classmates every single day.

"I don't know," she shrugged, as though the thought weren't even worth concluding, "When I woke up I found this little cottage and holed myself up in there... ran into that Wittany kid when he barged through the door, and before I knew it, a bunch of other people showed up too. We all started out with this bright idea that we were gonna try to take on the game or something, but... it just didn't pan out, and we wound up splitting up."

She sighed quietly.

"Darnell and Guy were both there, and I just kind of left them both, because... I guess I wasn't comfortable with the fact that I didn't know the others, you know? Wittany followed me out of the cottage, I guess, because when I stopped to rest at the chapel he showed up again. I ran into a couple people there... Adam Dodd was one of them. He's looking for that Izzy girl, but he didn't say why. When the area was declared a dangerzone we all split up and ran."

"I got lost and wound up at a creek, and Wittany popped out of the woodwork again. I didn't stay long... after that, I wound up in a graveyard and ran into Guy again. We left there and wound up here, and... I guess that brings me up to the present. So... nothing bad, really. Just a lot of running around in circles on my end."

As she relayed the story to Keith, the number of times she'd ran into Matt Wittany over the course of the past three days finally registered to her. It was creepy, and there was simply no getting around that. Why did that kid keep following her anyway?

"I think... maybe we should watch out for Wittany," she offered up quietly after a moment, "Something's... something's just kind of off about that guy."

The contemplative look that had formed across her features suddenly vanished and she smiled again as she looked back toward the cottage.

"But as for Guy... I don't even think I know what's going on there," she laughed, "The girl's name is Alice, apparently, and sometime between the first day and today, they must've run into one another, because she wasn't with us back at the cottage. I don't know the circumstances, but that girl's about the last person in the world I pictured Guy falling for. She's barely said two words since I ran into them."

As her feet touched the small porch of the hospital, they made a clicking sound against the old wood. Inside, she could see Alice tending to Guy's wound... only, she wasn't really tending to it, her eyes appeared to be closed. Kallie couldn't help but smirk slightly at the scene. Under different circumstances, she might've cracked on Guy for the whole scenario, but she wasn't sure how Alice might respond.

"I hope we aren't interrupting," Kallie mused with a faint smile as she moved into the interior of the hospital and flopped down in one of the many chairs lining the lobby.

It was nice to just sit down, especially after having been on her feet for essentially all of the past three days. The hospital seemed as safe a haven as any, although the bloody footsteps splattered across the floor in front of one of the closed doors was quite unsettling. In addition, the interior of the building seemed to reek of some sort of ungodly stench. The odor was probably coming from that room, but personally, Kallie thought she was better off not knowing.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

You know, this is actually kind've nice...

Sure, it stung a little bit, but Guy himself seemed to zone out as he felt Alice's hand fumble across his hands in a way that almost seemed like a really hasty massage. He had to give Alice credit where credit was due, her hands where amazingly soft, almost as if the coarsest thing she had ever held was a cotton stuffed animal and the aid of sweat allowed this moment that Alice was reacting very tensely to be a very innocent and pleasant experience for the young Guy Rapide.

Before he knew it though his wound was patched up and he turned to Alice with a small smirk on his face, to be honest this sense of relaxedness was a paradox in itself, especially since his companion was someone as socially awkward as Alice Jones, but Guy was having a good time; completely unaware of the social tension he must've put Alice through.

"Now I just need to figure out a way to get you outta your shirt," he smirked a bit, instinctually he would've gone in and kissed her on the cheek or the forehead, but he found himself being a bit less forward than he normally was...for some reason he figured Alice would be offended and whatnot.

Truthfully your best friends have the best sense of timing ever and just as Guy outright said that very vulgar and questionable comment Kallie Majors seemed to appear and ask if she was interrupting anything. Guy simply shook his head as he answered her quite bluntly.

"Not anymore Kal,"

Biting his tongue, Guy's skill in making assumptions and being far too forward with whatever he was feeling at the moment had probably lead to his rather unsuccessful career with the softer sex...that and being shorter than most of them, but truly Guy approached the 'size doesn't matter' thing with an all too different perspective than the normal guy. He didn't exactly move as much as he turned his head to face Kallie, but he decided that perhaps this wasn't the best time to make a move that most likely would go no where.

"So, why don't you just take a seat and we'll get some z's and shit, try finding Darnell in the mornin'", he paused, "That WAS the plan, right?"
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

When all was said and done, Alice had to admit, she was very much relieved once she had finished securing the bandage on the wound...well, as best a job she could ever do with shaking hands, trying not to stare so much at the half-naked Guy standing in front of her. Face red, and feeling a bit warmer than was comfortable underneath her turtleneck sweater, she stepped back a bit, trying not to look so awkward or embarrassed about the whole thing.

Come on Alice...this is just to make sure his wound doesn't get infected or anything. No need to think wierd thoughts or get all jittery just because you're touching a boy's body for the first time... >__>;;;;

Still feeling a bit nervous about the whole thing, she was startled as Guy looked directly towards her when she was done. Her wide-eyes met his for a moment before looking away shyly, feeling much too uncomfortable to maintain eyecontact for long. Why was he smiling? In any case, Alice tried to smile back without looking at him, though it came out rather awkward as usual. She decided to busy herself by clumsily reorganizing the first aid kid and picking it up-

She froze up at the sidelong comment that Guy made to her with a smirk, and the box fell from her hands with a clatter, spilling it's contents. Very much startled to the point of being completely dumbfounded, she stared at Guy, face turning a very flushed shade of red. For a moment she wondered if her ears were playing tricks on her. Talking about being caught off guard was describing the very least of what Alice felt. It was as though a rug had been pulled out from underneath her feet.

She gulped and stuttered and fumbled on her words.

"I....you....what....my shirt....what? O_O;;;;"

The tense and awkward moment was mercifully broken as, much to Alice's relief, Kallie walked in, asking with a curious look if she was interrupting something. Not knowing how to answer, Alice bit her lip tightly together, still very much taken aback and set adrift with surprise and embarrassment over what Guy had said.

That said, she took the opportunity to distract herself by cleaning up the mess caused by the over-turned first aid kit, placing all of the bandages, gauze, and antisepting back where they belonged...

Standing up shakily, she dropped the kit again and had to repeat the process, all the while blushing even more furiously...

When the first-aid kit was finally reorganized for a third time, she turned away to look for her day pack, and immediately bumped into the building column that had been behind her.

"Ow...Owww.... ><" Alice rubbed her nose where she had walked headfirst into the column, wandering the other way and praying that she didn't do anything to embarrass herself further...

Just when Alice thought she was safe, a fair enough distance away from Guy and Kallie, she managed to walk blindly into a rack of cleaning supplies. There she stepped into a mop bucket, got her foot stuck inside, and promptly fell over, followed by mops and brooms and dustpans all dropping to the floor with a clatter around her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

((Continued from Slouching Towards Bethlehem))

Lilah knew that there was a huge chance that should anything go wrong... it'd happen in a hospital. Wounded people go to hospital, psychopaths pick off wounded people IN said hospital... so this should be a place to start to either recruit or destroy.

Lilah decided the best way to go about things is to team up with a group of people and gain their trust... then have them kill each other off, since she couldn't bring herself to do it herself. After all, why be the wolf among sheep if you can make the sheep into wolves themselves...

Thinking on it, the analogy only made sense in her head, but it didn't matter much to Lilah anyway. Her entire aim is to let everyone die, but save her right to kill for that sadist, Clive. That twisted ex-boyfriend of hers is her mark and hers alone.

But, first thing's first. Let's see if a doctor is in.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Buko

Post by Buko »

So, let's get into the shoes of the young, short, and most of all smooth as fuck, Guy Rapide.

A girl, a girl whom the gods had chosen for him to be interested in. Key word. Interested. He wasn't in love or anything, but the possibility of something being there was enough to make him -considering the realization of his own mortality- to try and do something. To put it simply though, Guy wasn't good with women. His sexual history consisted of favors from friends and drunken nights coupled with large consequences and even then, Guy had spent most of the time constantly talking to Keith, Kallie, or even Darnell for advice...perhaps he should've done that this time.

The truth of the matter was that entertaining himself with Alice was a brilliantly constructed coping method of Guy's own design. This coping method had gradually grown towards something of affection and Alice's own fragility had grown to have this sort of "goddamn she's adorable" effect on Guy. Really, who knew why this was happening? To be honest, Guy wished he did.

The clanging and the nose hitting and then the falling was what did it for Guy. And as he rushed in to help her up (having now slipped on his shirt), he tried his best to have a general concern. Now. Now was the time to say something smooth. Something that could really sweep a woman off her feet and make her really worship the Rapide name.

"Are you alright?"

Ever the wordsmith Rapide...

He gave her his hand to pick her up, he found it odd that he was holding her hand so much. What first was simply a method to make sure she didn't get lost or hit by a car or attacked by a bear or something equally ridiculous had become a strange habit. A constant physical contact that was neither questioned nor objected by either party; including the ever shy Alice.

And that's when Lilah Morgan walked into the hospital and Guy Rapide, kneeled down, girls hand in hand, and pistol in his waistband had his eyes widen and stare at the intruder.

"Get the fuck out.", he stated plainly and suddenly towards the new figure.

Ever the wordsmith Rapide, ever the wordsmith.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Not even two seconds into the door, and already we have some macho man barking out orders as if he's the fucking king of the island. Sure, this wasn't the best place to expect a loving, warm welcome, but seriously, this was just annoying and ridiculous. Lilah took notice of any weapons they had in their possession and carefully thought of ways to handle them should the situation become hostile, but as long as she wasn't holding her weapon to them, nor they to her, there was a chance this could not turn out as ugly as she had feared.

"Well, hello to you too, Guy."

She remembered this boy as quite the smooth talker. Believing himself to be God's gift to women, which would mean that God shops at the Newark Airport Gift Shop. The mere thought of him being around a bunch of girls, and even worse, shouting commands made her just want to hold her gun to him. Still, there's no reason they can't be civil.

"Good to know you're still a take charge kind of guy. But, no, I won't be leaving just because you tell me to."

She moved forward into the hospital and went past the others that were in the room.

"I'm gathering medical supplies, in case I need them. If you have a problem with that, you can kiss my ass."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Alice was never the most graceful person and she knew it. Awkward all around, her clumsiness always seemed to betray her at the moment where it left her the most embarrassed. And embarrassed Alice was, buried in cleaning equipment with her foot stuck in a mop bucket, having fallen on the cleaning rack in front of everyone present.

She looked down a bit, face turning red as Guy went over to help her up. Still a bit dazed, it took her a while for her to realize that Guy was holding her hand... Well it was something that she had somehow gotten used to over the short time they'd been together. And despite everything else, it was a solace in a way. Alice couldn't remember the last time a fellow classmate had been this concerned for her well-being.

Nodding dazedly, she replied, "Y-yes...I'm fine....I just fell, that's all..."

Blinking in surprise as Guy suddenly drew out his gun, she turned towards the girl who had just arrived.

...Personally, if someone had pointed a gun at Alice as she entered a building, she would have turned tail and run off. Or at the very least, frozen up. This girl...whoever she was, had guts.

Or maybe just a deathwish. o.O;

Alice gripped Guy's hand a bit. "Maybe...maybe we should ignore her for now..."
Buko

Post by Buko »

OoC- Got Maka's permission and shit.

Guy, simply didn't pay much attention to the announcement or Lilah's deranged response, Darnell was fine and the larger boy could take care of himself fine enough. Guy's blue eyes only widened as he heard the mentions of the dangerzones and one thousand thoughts hit him like a ton of bricks.

How long till they blow up his collars.

He was sure he could outrun the dangerzone. Keith could do it as well. Kallie? He didn't recall seeing Kallie run ever, but he was sure she was fit enough to get out...Alice couldn't go ten feet without falling on herself, sprinting however many yards in a few seconds to avoid their necks exploding might've been just a bit too much for her

"Guys," he paused, "We run, we run as fast as we can. Straight away. Whatever you do, don't stop running alright?", he paused, "Just please, don't die."

It was one of the few times where Guy's speech was quiet as this was now the first time in which the group was seriously in danger and now it'd be the time to see how far being with friends would last them. If one of them died. How would the others react? How would they respond to anything?

He now held Alice's hand and lifted her up onto his back, somehow, someway she seemed to realize exactly what to do and she wrapped her arms around his neck and he placed his arms just above her thighs and near her backside in order to get a proper grip. Currently though Guy looked extremely ridiculous, with a person that was pretty much his size on his back, it was perhaps an unconventional move, but Guy couldn't tell when his collar would start on the route to exploding.

beep-beep-beep-beep

As soon as that infernal noise reached his ears he sprinted and didn't stop until he was far away from the hospital. He was faster than he ever was. He lept over branches and brush quicker than he ever had. All jumps quickened. All landings precise. All maneuvers perfectly executed. The pinnacle of Parkour. All to escape the certainty of death.

He would later realize, that today was now a Wednesday and 6 AM was when he woke up to go to school and the beeping was simply his cell phone alarm clock going off in his pocket. But in the end, it really didn't matter.

((Guy Rapide and Alice Jones continued in It's On))
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Lilah made note of Alice. She remembered seeing her around, but never really interacted with her. She seemed nice, though. Definitely seemed smarter than most OTHER people in the room.

To prove a point, Lilah moved the right side of her shirt a little bit to reveal her VERY powerful firearm to Guy.

"If you're smart, you'll listen to the little lady. I have no intention of harming you unless you force me to. At which point, you will most surely die."

Lilah Morgan... a girl who seemed so bent on law and order, so latched on to the ideas of justice and truth, that now she makes threats such as these towards people. Sure, there is the fact that they're in a kill or be killed situation, but does that really mean anything? These are people who went to school with her. Who (mostly) don't deserve this.

It was ultimately tragic, and stupid. These kids were chosen at, what seems, random. It could have been any other group of kids, but it ended up being... these kids specifically. Life is a real bitch, and this seemed to be a testament to that fact.

She looked at the girl who was with Guy and thought of giving up her plan of allying with people then turning them against each other. Alice seemed to scared, so harmless, so dazed that she wondered if she could really bring herself to be the cause of death for this young woman. Guy? No problem there, he's an idiot matching Carrot Top. But...

"Your name is Alice, isn't it?"

Then, however, the beeping started.

"SHIT!"

Luckily, Lilah had managed to get enough supplies to last her, and began to motor out like a bat out of hell. This was not a good start.

((Continued in It's On))
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Keith had followed behind Kallie as she spoke, and was about to reply to her comments when the announcement had crackled to life and some inept fool had started stammering on about the latest days' kills. Keith had paused to listen, as such information was always useful, especially at figuring out who lived and who died. Things that he noted were the deaths of some fairly prominent students, as well as the fact that Adam Dodd - who Kallie had said was looking for Izzy, his former travelling companion, had killed a couple of people, again. Of course, what hit Keith the hardest was the news that after he'd run off after the grenade bitch - Ivye Dewley, who'd apparently met her end courtesy of Mr. Dodd, Trey Layton had perished at the hands of someone he'd never heard of before. As he processed this news, he felt livid, and to show his frustration, he punched a wall.

"FUCK! Dirty son of a bitch! How th'fuck did that shit happen!?"

Before he could get any more out, the stammering voice informed them all about the danger zones, and enlightened them of the fact that where they were currently standing was essentially about to explode. Locking eyes with Kallie, and not even hearing Guy as he, moments later, bolted past CARRYING that Alice girl and mumbling something about running, Keith immediately started to panic a little bit.

"Fuck, Kal, we gotta go! An' YESTERDAY!"

Grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the building, Keith pulled her towards the end of the jungle, where he looked back at her, and motioned with his head towards the jungle.

"C'mon!"

Using the butt of his shotgun to brush away some leaves, Keith started to make his way out of the jungle, hoping that Kallie was close behind him.

((Continued somewhere else))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((As implied by the previous post, Kallie is continued elsewhere~!))

Return to “Rundown Hospital”