Don't Mess With Texas

Sidney's first morning at Colehurst, middle of sophomore year. Believe it or not, open to all!

Things that happen in the past oftentimes affect the way people behave in the future. Your characters, like most people, have a past, and most of them have special memories from another time. Some are good, some are bad, but in some way, they've influenced your character. Within this forum, you'll be able to write out those special events to further develop your character before Second Chances begins!
KamiKaze
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Don't Mess With Texas

Post by KamiKaze »

Okay, first time at a school other than Silver Central.

How well was it going so far? Pretty damn well for the first few seconds. After all, she just walked onto campus, for fuck's sake. First few seconds weren't really the best impression here. But those first few seconds were alright, she guessed.

Gah. If she hadn't had her near-death experience, then she wouldn't have to deal with this. Stupid condition. Stupid, stupid. So here she was, in California. Not Texas, with her direct family. To be brutally honest, she was expecting something slightly different here. When she heard it was a beach town in California, she couldn't help but suspect there were going to be surfer folks speaking in outdated slang like some Ninja Turtle. Well, there was beaches and some surfers, but no outdated slang or any Cali stereotypes. Of course it wouldn't, that's what stereotypes were. But, still.

But Sidney? Oh, Sidney. She wasn't going to let that ruin her stereotype fun.

Sure, she could always make fun of the surfer stereotypes. But let's face it. It was practically close to impossible to hide her accent. It was going to be slipped out that she was from Texas sooner rather than later. So she decided to make the best of her current situation. And that translated to... playing up every single Texan stereotype. Seriously. She managed to find a cowboy hat, which was now promptly resting on her head. She had already planned out clearly false stories about what Texas was like, involving things like oil, steak, deserts, rodeos, and similar. She knew that at some point she had to say typical conservative things, such as bringing the Bible into politics stuff. Already she had managed to smack stickers that showed off her Texan pride on her new binders. And she already made plans to deliberately say things that exaggerated her accent.

The idea was to see how many people fell for the stereotypes and believed her stories. After all, things like Family Guy always created a wonderful stereotype of Texas being America, only more so with rodeos and cowboys. Sure, there was a grain of truth to them, though. Texans were proud of being, well, Texan to begin. And it was a mostly conservative state. Just ask Rick Perry and Dubya.

She had already tried it out a bit with Nina, and even though she was a little skeptical of what "stories" she had to tell, she seriously believed things like them riding horses to school and that they kill rattlesnakes themselves and then eat said snakes. Okay, the rattlesnake one did have a grain of truth, to be honest. She had came across rattlesnake jerky in the store. Emphasis on store. Heck, she even brought some over on her way to California.

Speaking of Nina, she had already run off to class. First period algebra, she believed. And Sidney had... well, goody! That was a good goody. Social Studies.

This was good for two reasons.

One, Social Studies was her favorite class.

Two, it gave her more excuses to be Texan.

Okay, where was the class, though? Sidney looked at the schedule in her hand. Okay, so it was... she looked up and realized that it shouldn't have been too far off. In fact, it was just a few feet to her left! Great. Class was going to start soon, so might as well pop in and say hello.

Sidney walked into the classroom, and plopped herself into an empty seat towards the back. A few classmates had already started piling in, casually chatting with each other and finding their seats. Oh, how they didn't suspect anything! She kind of wanted to butt in to their conversation with her own Texan thoughts, but eh. They were bound to notice that there was a new kid wearing a cowboy hat any second now. If they didn't, there was a chance the teacher would point it out.

Either way. There were bound to be plenty of excuses to make these surfer assholes believe all sorts of things. Sidney drummed her fingers against the wooden desk. Just wait for class to start, for someone to talk to her, or for something she could butt in on. Then she can pull out the Texas card.

She smiled at the thought.

The looks on their faces were going to be priceless.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Craig Hoyle walked into the Social Studies classroom, eager and ready for whatever lesson would come his way.  Next to Art, Social Studies was his favorite class.  Craig loved he opporitunity to study human behavior and mannerisms, and he wasn't too bad at it either.  The large teen looked around the classroom for a seat, when he noticed a girl he didn't recognize wearing a cowboy hat.

Is she new?  Craig thought to himself.  I haven't seen her around before.

Well, couldn't hurt to say hi.

The portly boy carefully navigated his way around the room to the desk next to the mysterious new girl.  Once he reached his destination, he eased himself into the desk and removed his supplies from his backpack.  Despite barely fitting in the desk to begin with, he managed to turn towards the girl in the cowboy hat and extend his hand for a friendly handshake.

"Hi. I don't think that we've met before.  I'm Craig.  Craig Hoyle."
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

As Sidney waited, she couldn't help but notice a rather... portly gentleman attempt to get into the seat next to her. The smile only crawled across her face a bit more. Perfect. Maybe he'll say something. He seemed like the type to believe what she said, based on appearances. Sure, they deceived, but they gave clues. So, big chubby looking guy. Perhaps tell him about all the steak you've supposedly eaten in Texas, then? That'd make him drool and want to eat some more, but it'll work. Maybe he'd actually take a trip to Texas to see if the legends about barbecue were true.

For now, strike up a conversation with him.

"Howdy partnah!" Sidney managed to cheerfully burst out as she reached to take his hand. "I'm Sidney! I come from Lone Star State!"

Sidney had to play the boisterous Texan. Texans were supposed to be loud, obnoxious, conservative, religious, yet kind of badass cowboy assholes. Sidney had only managed to get the first two down throughout her life, the next two she was far from, and the last she could only wish she was. But at least she could pretend to be conservative, religious, and badass. Those things were kind of easy to pretend. She didn't need to actually be those things unless they wanted her to, for example, crush a snake under her foot.

And there were no snakes here, damn it. If there were, there would be plenty of problems beyond how well she can make herself look stereotypical. In fact, that would be low on the list.

Anyways.

"So! How do you folks do stuff around here?"
Aura

Post by Aura »

Craig was caught off guard by the thick Texan accent of the girl that answered him, but managed to maintain his composure. Don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, after all. She seemed like a nice girl, and Craig didn't believe in judging people for superficial reasons.

Well, at least there's no doubting that she's from Texas. He thought to himself. Unless she's pulling a really elaborate charade.

"Well, there's a lot of stuff to do in town." Craig explained, "We have a bowling alley, some really good restaraunts, and one of the best comic book stores you've ever seen!"
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

The tubby boy started going on about how there were plenty of restaurants, bowling alleys, and comic book places. Of course restaurants would be interesting to him obviously. She could tell right from his appearance, fatty. What about the comic book places, though? And the bowling alley? Was he in love with them or something? Or at least one? At least enough to mention it? Whatever. If she wasn't attempting to be stereotypical then honestly, she'd at least ask about the comic book place. Might actually have something interesting. The only ones she would be allowed to be seen in public reading, though, would be the ones about cowboys and football.

"Oh! Are any of the diners barbecue? It's not a proper restaurant without fine grilled beef! How well can Cali folk cook a proper t-steak?"

And then she added:

"And what about football? You know, American football? Got any good teams? You know it's not a proper town without a good team either!"

Well, okay, the football thing did have a bit of truth to it. What could she say? Texans like football. Or at least where she came from. They just weren't as obsessed with it as everyone would like you to believe. Sidney didn't care for it that much herself, though she would turn it on if nothing else was available. But some of the people back home? Yup. Football.

But she had to exaggerate every little thing, of course.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Craig listened patiently as the Texan girl continued to question him. She asked him about barbecue and football. Craig thought for a moment before answering. He had been to a couple barbecue places in town, but not all of them. As for football, he knew that Colehurst had a team, but Highland Beach didn't have any professional teams as far as he knew.

"Well, there's a few barbecue places around town, but the best one that I've been to is Hill Family Barbecue on Third Street. It's a chain that started in a small town in Texas, and they have the best steaks, ribs, and burgers I've ever had!"

Craig stopped himself before he said anything else. If he kept raving about a local restaraunt then she would probably see him as a stereotypical food-obsessed fat kid, which was not the first impression that he wanted to make. He instead diverted his attention to her second question: Football.

"If you're asking about football, well, Colehurst has a football team. I know because I'm on it."
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Right. Just how late am I?

Glen Bole half heartedly jogged down the corridor towards the Social Studies classroom. He wasn’t too concerned with the time of his arrival; after all, this was school. The only thing he’d need from it was PE. Maybe English. Besides, it wasn’t as if they could harm him or anything. If he was five minutes late, he’d get berated, which he’d completely ignore. If he was half an hour late, he’d get detention, and Glen had been in so many they’d completely lost any effect.

Still, Social Studies was an actually OK lesson, as lessons went. Glen found it fairly easy, seeing as his hobby was basically social studies, followed by social tormenting the fuck out of everyone. So, Glen didn’t really mind if he was late or on time (early was out of the question, aside from PE). It was a win-win situation.

Glen reached the classroom, and slammed the door open. To his mild surprise, it seemed as if class hadn’t quite started yet. There were still empty seats, and people were mostly milling around talking to their friends. Perfect. Now, let’s see who’s around. That group of nerds in the corner? Nah, waay too fucking boring. That blonde girl over there? Wait, shit, no, truck-sized boyfriend alert. How about...

Glen’s thoughts were cut off by someone speaking in an obnoxiously loud voice from the back of the classroom. He quickly spun his head round to search for the source of the noise. He found it almost immediately. It was a girl he didn’t recognise; he presumed she was new, seeing as a couple of people seemed to be subtly looking at her and discussing her mannerisms with their friends. She was annoying, loud and obnoxious, so Glen instantly disliked her. And then he noticed the cowboy hat she was wearing.

“Oh, you’re fucking kidding me...” he said, slightly louder than necessary. At least it explained the southern accent. A number of offensive jokes sprung to Glen’s mind, but he wasn’t sure whether he wanted to spend even one minute in the company of this girl. Glen was just about to look for another seat, when he noticed just who was talking to the girl. Chubby, chubby Craig Hoyle. Glen had an endless supply of fat jokes running through his mind, and every time he saw Craig, he thought of a new one. The best part was, despite his size, Craig never seemed to react to Glen’s insults. When Glen had learnt that Craig played football, he had stayed away from him for a week, but the taunts and insults returned once Glen actually saw Craig play football.

Glen had an arrogant smirk on his face as he strode towards the Blob and Annoying-Texan-Girl (Man, he needed to think of a catchier nickname for her soon). ATG had fortunately stopped yelling, and Glen was lucky enough to hear Craig tell her that he was on the football team. Glen snorted derisively and slumped into a nearby chair. “Yeah, Craig’s on the football team.” He said. “He’s an excellent benchwarmer, y’know? Well, was an excellent benchwarmer, until he broke four benches in two weeks.”

Now this should be fun.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Oh look. The fat kid seized upon the mention of barbecue and started going on about burgers and shit. Sidney could only stop herself from bursting out into laughter. How typical! Maybe he was shitting with her like she was shitting with him, and playing it up as well. Maybe. He didn't look the type to do something like that. Maybe it was accidental and he was all "Oh yeah, food! I like that!" without realizing. Which seemed the most likely out of any possibilities, really. But hey! More material for her to work with. Apparently it was a Texan restaurant. Maybe she could work off that? Yup. Sure, try it.

Now about the football. This place that called itself a school had a team. Well, no shit. She had managed to figure it out from quite a few comments from Nina. What did surprise her though, was that this kid was on the team. Him. He sure didn't look like it, though. Of course he didn't look like it, obviously! Perhaps he used his weight against the opposing team? That would explain some shit at least. Or maybe he was a benchwarmer. Either way.

But Sidney was about to get confirmation on how well he played.

Some asshole had just strolled up to them with this punch-worthy look on his face. No, seriously. It was like his face was begging to be punched some day. What did he have to say? Oh yeah, Craig's a benchwarmer who broke the benches on a regular basis with his ass. Okay, she wasn't sure if he was being serious or, again, shitting around. It would be funny if he seriously broke the bench by sitting on it with all its weight. Sure, it would suck, but would it be funny? Yes it would. His fault for letting himself become this overweight.

Okay, address this other guy.

"Hey! We folks over in Texas like big things! He'd be right at home since he's such a big guy! Trust me, I would know."

Okay, to be honest, she had almost slipped up there and said something she would have normally said. But what came out of her mouth wasn't that bad in terms of slipping up. Just be careful. Don't laugh along to anything this asshole says, or add in similar commentary. And it would be cake.

"By the way, who are you?"
Aura

Post by Aura »

Things were going pretty well. Craig was getting along with the new girl, she wasn't judging him, and everything so far had gone off without a hitch. This might even be the start of a great friendship, who knows? They both liked football, and she seemed interested in what he had to say. He felt like nothing could bring him down.

Then someone else entered the conversation.

Glen Bole. Craig recognized the boy's condescending tone immediately. Ever since Craig could remember, Glen has been tormenting him. Mostly about his weight, but other topics occasionally slipped in. Sure, Glen screwed with pretty much everyone, but he seemed to take a particular interest in Craig, probably because he was such a big target. It seemed that Glen was absolutely determined to be Craig's own personal Lex Luthor.

Well, might as well try to make the best of this.

"Oh, hi Glen. I didn't see you there. This is..." He paused, realizing that he completely forgot to ask the girl for her name. He turned his attention to her once again.

"Sorry if this is awkward, but, what's your name?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Glen’s arrogant smirk momentarily disappeared at Sidney’s response. He’d been expecting her to either slowly sidle away from the conversation, or laugh at Glen’s jab, both of which were normal reactions he got from his insults. He had not been expecting her to, in a weird, loud way, defend Craig. Well, sorta defend him. Was she defending him? Whatever, she was more on Craig’s side than Glen’s, and that was all that mattered.

Glen was about to answer Sidney’s question, when Craig piped up, attempting to make some sort of polite conversation, and in turn asking the new girl what her name was. Slowly, Glen’s signature smirk returned to his face. Well, even if this girl decides to be boring and obnoxious, I can always count on Craig to make fun of. Hell, maybe Little Miss Texan’ll slip up somewhere. Shit’s okay.

Glen turned towards Craig, shaking his head. “Hey, Craig, that’s just rude, y’know?” he said, more than slightly condescendingly. “She asked me what my name was, not you. So, uh, kindly shut the fuck up unless you’re spoken to.”

With that, Glen turned back to Sidney. “But, yeah, name’s Glen Bole. And, loathe as I am to agree with Craig, I don’t know your name. That’s pretty rude as well, isn’t it? Think you can tell it to us? And, this time, don’t speak so fucking loudly. Makes you seem even more stupid than you look.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

She'd... thought she had said it?

Seriously, she just said her name was Sidney a few minutes ago. Apparently that slipped under the radar. Maybe in the whole shitpile of Texas, they didn't notice that she had given out her name. Perhaps it wasn't as noticeable as the boisterous girl wearing a cowboy hat yelling about football and barbecue. Sidney wasn't that notable a name. Was it? It did tend to make people think that she was male a few times. Lord knew how many times she was addressed as "Mr. Sidney Rice" or something similar. But notable? It was only notable for being that girl from Scream, for fuck's sake.

And oh look. The hoodie asshole was- oh god.

Did she really just encounter a male, surfer asshole version of herself? It seemed a bit like it. He was being a jerk, certainly. Oh, and by the way? She wasn't stupid. She was just pretending to be a stupid Texan, just to piss people off. It was clear that even in the end, Craig and this asshole- Glen, what a weirdass name- was falling for it. Likely other people as well. Maybe Glen wasn't a male version of her anyhow. He, like her, was an ass. Oh goody, she had a challenger in that area. This was apparently going to turn into an ass-off, the kind of shit that would make the cosmos burst from the sheer power of the jerkassery.

Okay, back to the question at hand. She felt the urge to give her name something completely stupid the second time around, probably something really stereotypical of her to have, but... she couldn't think of any stereotypical Texan names right off the bat. So...

"Name's Rice. Sidney Rice. And I'll have you know, Glen, I'm not an idiot. I'm just Texan. There is a difference. You? You don't seem to have that excuse."

A smirk had come across her face. Once again, she had slipped up and started revealing her true colors. But she didn't care, or even realize it.

Okay, when was class going to start, anyways? The teacher would start it up soon, and there was a chance that they'd step in and stop this whole conversation in its tracks. It depends. On? How bad it would get, of course. Part of her hoped that it wouldn't happen, to be honest.
Aura

Post by Aura »

The girl told the boys that her name was Sidney. Odd, Craig thought. Why does that name sound familiar?

Oh, right, because she said it less than two minutes ago. Stupid, stupid Craig.

After he finished mentally berating himself for his forgetfulness, Craig listened to the girl chew out Glen. He couldn't help but show the slightest grin at this. Craig had been forced to hear all of Glen's insults countless times. From Lardass, to Fatman, to Gutzilla, and to see Glen get knocked down a peg was, quite honestly, sort of enjoyable. Sidney was certainly not afraid to speak her opinion, and Glen was on the wrong end of it.

Wow, remind me to stay on her good side.

Craig now shifted his attention to Glen, curious to see how the boy would react. Whatever today's lesson would be, it probably wouldn't be as interesting as what was going on right now.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

The girl announced herself as “Rice”, and Glen’s left eyebrow flicked upwards. Rice? It was a completely retarded name, but he had to admit, it fitted the girl perfectly. He was just about to announce this fact, when Rice completely ruined his insult by telling him and Craig that Rice was her second name, and that her actual name was Sidney. Wow, way to be a bitch without even meaning to. That takes fucking skills.

Glen was stumped for about half a second, before he remembered something. Glen knew two people named Sidney; one was a younger guy, who was absolutely terrified of Glen; the other was Glen’s cousin, a tank of a guy, who Glen feared and respected. Both were males, and that was enough ammunition for Glen to launch another verbal assault. He was about to launch into said assault, but he realised that, surprise surprise, Sidney was still talking. Oh, fuck, what’s she on about now... Oh, you fucking bitch!

Glen had expected Sidney to just be easy prey, and that after a couple of minutes, she’d have moved places to the other side of the classroom. Her responding to his insults with insults of her own had completely thrown a spanner in the works, and Glen just sat there for a few seconds, unaware he had a dumbfounded expression fixed on his face. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Craig with a sly grin on his fat face, and that was enough to break Glen from his stupor. He could ignore Craig now. This girl, Sidney, she needed to be brought down a peg or five.

Glen quickly brought his thoughts back to the last minute, bringing his insults back to the front of his mind. Glen tried to remove his dumbfounded look, and replace it with his trademark smirk, but he was still a little stunned. “Really?” he said, confidence growing with every word. “There’s a difference? I’ve never seen it like that, and you’re not proving otherwise, Sidney. Speaking of, the fuck’s the deal with that name? Your parents think you were a guy or something? Although, to be fair, looking at you, it’s an understandable mistake.”

Glen’s last few words were ever so slightly very untrue, but hell, who said his insults had to be based on complete fact? Craig had never actually broken any benches-at least, to Glen’s knowledge-but Glen had still made the joke. Besides, Glen hoped it would lower Sidney’s confidence somewhat, which was exactly what the girl needed.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Just look at this face.

Glen had managed to get that punch-worthy look off his face for a few seconds, as if he had been seriously shocked by what she had to say. Was he seriously that shocked by the thought that she just insulted his intelligence? Ha. Silly Glen. Silly silly. She would be surprised if it didn't happen more often than she would expect from someone like him. Hell, everyone was probably thinking it, though. But if she was the first to insult him... yeah.

A quick glance told her that Craig was... well, he was enjoying the performance. At least it was entertaining to onlookers? Oh hey, that Ass Bole just walked up to that fat kid and that Texas girl and started insulting them! Oh crap, he's getting bile back! Sidney knew how people were. They wanted to see this shit. Of course they did. People deep down want to see these kind of... arguments? Sidney wasn't even sure if it was an argument. If anything, it was two assholes insulting the shit out of each other. An argument implied shouting, tables getting flipped, people threatening to beat the crap out of each other, that sort of thing. Here it was just... two people tossing insults back and forth.

Oh Glen! Now he proceeded to insult her state of origin some more. While he was at it, he pretty much called her a man because her parents gave her a gender neutral name and that apparently translates to her looking like a man. Psh. Like that would bug her? To be honest, the implication that her parents' eyesight was either so bad or that they were stupid enough to the point of not figuring out her sex straight from birth did mildly irk her. Mildly. She very quickly decided not to react to that. But even then, it didn't work as an insult. Babies were androgynous to begin with, anyways, and he pretty much derailed the conversation by making a comment about gender performance or whatever the fuck it was called by basically calling her a man. But that part didn't irk her. In fact... she found it somewhat funny! Sidney was a lot of things, but she knew she looked like a girl, even if she didn't act like one. And hell, he was just jealous. Know why? Because Glen was a dumbass name, especially in comparison to Sidney.

"Well hey. At least I'm not named after a Family Guy character. How's that going for you, anyways? Have you been teased a lot for it?"

The look had managed to stay on her face. Well, she had a sneaking suspicion about the difference between Glen Bole and Glenn Quagmire. One was a manwhore. The other? Women would rather run away screaming and wear a chastity belt for the rest of their days than to allow him within five feet of their groin if given the choice, she was guessing. Guess which was which! No prizes for figuring it out!
Aura

Post by Aura »

Craig continued to look on, somewhat bewildered, at the two students next to him, now fully engaged in a war of words.

It's like the Super Bowl, only with insults instead of football.

As the battle raged on, Glen claimed that Sidney's parents didn't know that she was a girl when they named her, while Sidney accused Glen of being named after Quagmire from Family Guy, and Craig wondered if he was even part of the conversation anymore. After all, his companions seemed perfectly capable of holding a stimulating conversation between themselves, albeit a rude one. He began to consider just going over his notes while Sidney and Glen argued. Sure, it would be difficult with the commotion next to him, but at least he would be more prepared for class that way.

Craig grabbed his Social Studies book and began reading through his notes. Besides, it wasn't like he couldn't listen and read at the same time, right?

Return to “Memories From the Past (SC1)”