The Gigantic

Phase 1 (0-12 Hours), Private

The boat shed, despite its name, is simply a large warehouse that was sometimes used for storing of boats undergoing repairs or refurbishment. A big concrete cube located on a small industrial lot, the the boat shed has large metal sliding doors that have been left slightly ajar. There is also a barbed wire fence erected around the whole structure, although this is mostly for show; a closer inspection reveals that there are multiple large holes present in the fence, allowing free (if mildly treacherous) access. Inside the boat shed are two small trawlers that were clearly being worked on. One has a collection of small rotten holes along one side while the other was in the process of being repainted, so many soiled towels have been set down on its deck and around its hull to keep the paint contained. The walls are decorated with a set of four painted sails depicting fantastical nautical scenes: a boat meeting a mermaid, a pirate ship making landfall, a boat being attacked by a kraken, and a man drowning while a large eye watches from the depths.
Aster
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

The Gigantic

Post by Aster »

Clover Dubose pouted.

To be fair, it wasn’t her fault her bag was snagged on the barbed wire fence, a good foot and a half above her head. It was like that when she’d woken up. A lot of things had happened in the last day or so, and her mind was only beginning to process everything that happened. She should’ve been screaming or crying or showing some outward sign of emotions. Instead, she was idly twirling a strand of dirty blonde hair with a finger as she watched the bag gently swing.

She almost had it. Her hand grazed the bottom of the bag on the last jump, and she was sure she could get it again. Taking a deep breath, Clover leapt again, this time clapping both hands around the bag. They connected, and she pulled. After a moment, the bag’s strap snapped, and Clover was sent tumbling onto her behind, the bag knocking the wind out of her. For a fleeting moment, she felt triumphant, standing up and cradling the olive green duffle bag in her arms.

Then something rustled behind her, and when she whirled around and yelped, Clover remembered where she was.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Faye opened her eyes to darkness, and the scream that had felt lodged in her throat ever since her name had been called finally broke free. The sound echoed around her, deafening her, and she frantically scrambled around with her hands and feet, trying to discover why her vision wasn’t working, any exhaustion and grogginess that might have been left over from the knockout gas vanishing in her desperate flailing.

She could feel smooth wood against her palms and against her back, head pressed into a corner with her neck bent at an awkward and painful angle. She couldn’t even roll over without bumping into one of the walls enclosing her from either side.

Maybe she was in a coffin.

Faye let out a terrified whimper, before she slammed her fists against the wall, kicking and punching, throwing the full weight of her body against the wood. She couldn’t breathe. She shoved her hand against her mouth, trying to stop the air from escaping her lungs. She felt dizzy. She felt lightheaded. Her fists stung and she was going to die.

Her foot caught the gap between the doors of the cupboard, jostling the latch, and sending them flying open as she tumbled out with a yelp, onto the hardwood floor of the boat.

Faye looked up at the ceiling until her breathing had slowed to its normal level. Then she started to laugh, tears sparkling in her eyes, and her laughter swiftly turned to sobs, and she shoved her face into the duffel bag next to her, tears staining the fabric marking her as G016.

Time passed, as it was wont to do. The boatshed was quiet, still, peaceful. The muffled sound of Faye’s footsteps as she stepped off of the boat could have been those of a sailor adding another lick of paint to his prized vessel.

The pistol crossbow held in a vice grip told anyone who was watching that wasn’t the case.

Faye wiped her eyes with her sleeve, then her nose with the back of her hand, leaving a glistening trail of snot behind.

“Gross…” she muttered without thinking, smearing the offending material onto the boat, a coat of paint the sailor who owned it probably wouldn’t appreciate.

She stood still for a moment, shaking, knees knocking, listening out for the sound of movement elsewhere in the shed. The device in her hand looked like someone had hit a crossbow with a shrink ray or something. There was one bolt loaded and three more shoved into the pocket of her dungarees. The rest were nestled in her bag. It seemed fairly easy to use. No complicated safety or chamber maintenance or anything like that. Just a trigger. Not that she had any plans of pulling it, of course. She’d never fired a gun at home, nor had any inclination to do so. She didn’t want to wield a dagger or a sword or a crossbow or a bow and arrow or anything that could hurt or maim or kill.

But she felt safer with it in her hands. That was hardly unreasonable, right? To feel safer with a weapon in her hands, when she was trapped alongside people who might shoot her in the head and shove a knife in her guts if she looked at them the wrong way?

God, she hated this. She hated feeling like this. She wanted to go home.

Faye slowly made her way out of the boat shed, each step feeling like an eternity. She felt her heart stop and her body freeze as she heard something nearby, then carried on walking with a hiccupping, sobbing laugh when she realised it was her own heavy footstep.

The first thing she saw when she exited the boat shed was another person, standing and facing the barbed wire fence surrounding the building, and her heart instantly started jackhammering against her chest. She didn’t want to talk to the girl. She didn’t want to be noticed. She didn’t care if it was a friend or someone she thought might try and put a bullet in her brain. She just wanted to leave and find somewhere to cry, and spend the whole day crying until she was all out of tears and could actually think straight.

But once again, her own footsteps betrayed her, and at their sound, along with the gentle breeze rustling her hair and bag, the girl spun around with a shriek of surprise. Faye jumped backwards in response. The two stared at each other for several moments.

“Um… hey…” Faye offered, a half-hearted jerk of her hand standing in for a wave.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Aster

Post by Aster »

Clover's heart rate settled as she recognized who it was. Faye Xandora was nice! They were friends back at school, and she was a sweet girl. She smiled and let out a chuckle. "Hey Faye..." Her eyes went down to the mini crossbow she was holding, and all that warmth evaporated.

Oh yeah, they were supposed to kill each other. Clover's eyes flicked back up to meet Faye's, trying to detect any hints of betrayal behind them. Everyone was her enemy here, and her 'friend' was no exception. It was kill or be killed, and right now, it looked like she was the one that was going to be killed.

Not yet, at least. And maybe Clover could take advantage of that.

She forced an obviously strained smile. "How've you been?" she asked, defaulting to the types of pleasantries they'd exchange back at school. It felt weird now, but she hoped Faye wouldn't mind. Clover not-so-discretely unzipped her pack, and kept her eyes on the other girl, beaming and trying not to draw attention to it.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Faye liked Clover. She liked her a lot. She was sweet and warm and friendly, almost a perfect match for herself, and the two got on like a house on fire. Even now, even with the strain of the Program taking an obvious toll on her, Clover was still doing her best to appear welcoming, all smiles and laughs and pleasant greetings.

This was exactly why Faye had wanted to avoid her.

Faye felt as though she was about to break down again, every time she saw the corners of Clover’s mouth turn up into a charming smile and at every pleasant word. It would have been easier, she thought, if she’d run into someone… someone like Scott, or Ambrose, someone who wouldn’t hesitate to murder if they thought they were doing it in the name of America. They were simple. Their trajectory was laid out in front of them.

For the people she’d laughed with, loved, cared about, the only thing they had to look forwards to was horror. She would only be able to watch as they were cut down around her, or watch the despair in their eyes as the same happened to her, or watch as they were pushed past their breaking point and their own fingers began to tighten round the trigger of a pistol or the handle of a knife.

She couldn’t handle even thinking about that right now. She should have just stayed on the boat. Should have just curled up on one of the bunks and cried herself to sleep. Maybe tomorrow she’d be able to figure things out without wanting to scream.

Still, she attempted to match Clover’s pleasant greetings, a tiny smile forming on her face, even as her lip quivered, and tears threatened to spring up in the corners of her eyes. She was here now. Might as well make the best of it.

“Not, um, great…” Faye offered. She attempted her own tiny laugh. It didn’t feel right, so she quickly turned it into a sniffle instead. The bolts in her pocket jostled, and, without thinking, she moved her hand holding the pistol crossbow to shove them back in.

“Some, like, jerk soldier must have put me in a cupboard before I woke up. I thought I was gonna be trapped in there, but I managed to break out. And then I found my bag and this, like, crossbow thing, and… now I’m here…”

Faye trailed off lamely. Her voice felt fake, like a fraud attempting a tiny, quiet, hollow version of it.

She didn’t pay any attention to Clover opening her bag. Not yet.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Aster

Post by Aster »

“Aww, that’s sad,” Clover offered, the corners of her mouth tugging downwards. At the very least that sentiment was genuine. “They threw my bag on the fence, but I got it down!” She giggled, trying desperately to keep the mood light when two ton weights were dragging them into the depths.

Her smile strained as her hand passed along a blocky plastic container, a cold metallic cylinder, and some sort of small circular object. God, where was her weapon? It’d be much easier if it had been lying next to her, but she had to remind herself that handguns were small enough to fit inside these packs.

There was still a chance she could live.

Aha! Her fingers wrapped around a trigger. Clover’s smile grew wider, and she wanted to thank the country, the General, and even God himself for blessing her with a gun. At the very least, she was on equal footing as Faye.

Clover kept up her chipper mask as her grip tightened. If Faye tried any funny business, she’d get a bullet for her troubles.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Faye didn’t respond to anything Clover said. Her gaze was now firmly fixed on the bag the other girl was rummaging through. Her attention was focused on whatever she was looking for, not on the conversation they were having. So Faye decided she had to focus on it too.

She could feel her heart thudding in her throat, blocking her airwaves, making it difficult to breathe and impossible to swallow. She realised what that horrifying heat rising up inside her was, the stifling warmth causing sweat to break out on her forehead.

Suspicion. Mistrust. Fear of someone she considered a close friend.

She felt her grip on the miniature crossbow tighten. Her hesitant smile had completely vanished by now. She didn’t want to know what the expression on her face looked like. This wasn’t how this was supposed to work, this wasn’t supposed to happen. Clover couldn’t be deciding to play. She wasn’t… She was supposed to be as scared as Faye was. She was supposed to be as scared and innocent and searching desperately for a way out, until she…

Oh God. She had really just wished her friend would get killed. She wanted her friend to die because that was the preferable choice. That was where she was at. That was the situation she was in.

Faye felt blood beneath her fingernails as she dug them into her palm, fist clenched, desperately trying to hold back tears.

“What… What are you looking for, Clove?”

Her hand jerked, ready to flick the crossbow up and point it at Clover at a moment’s notice.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Aster

Post by Aster »

It looked like Clover had found the gun in the knick of time, as Faye’s smile vanished. Her own smile persisted, though, with the satisfaction that she was no longer a guaranteed victim.

She could fight back now.

Faye asked what she was looking for. Clover opened her mouth to say some sort of banal object, maybe a snack or a water bottle, but then she noticed the girl’s hand jerk, finger resting on the trigger. The cheeriness faded, her brow furrowing as the corners of her mouth drew downwards.

“Don’t try anything, Faye,” she hissed, instinctively stepping backwards. Her grip on the handle tightened.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“I’m not… I’m not, Clove, I’m…”

Faye really and truly hadn’t had anything in mind when she’d started speaking to Clover, neither malicious nor benevolent. She’d just wanted to talk, a brief little conversation, just like they’d done at school, just to check that her friend was doing all right, just to check that their abduction hadn’t affected her too horribly. Then she would be on her way again, and with any luck, they’d never run into each other for the rest of their lives. From the moment she’d stepped off of the boat, she hadn’t wanted to fire the pistol crossbow. That fact, that intense disgust of firing at someone she’d considered a friend, or a classmate, or even someone she’d only bumped into in the halls once or twice, still remained.

Faye knew that. But Clover didn’t. And that was the deal-breaker that had led to this moment.

Her eyes flicked down to Clover’s hand in the bag.

She needed to tell her. She needed to tell her she wasn’t going to do anything, that they were both still friends, that she didn’t want to hurt anybody. She could throw the crossbow down, she could put her hands up in defeat, she could just turn and run and never look back, before she… before Clover…

Her eyes flicked up again, and her arm followed suit, and she felt a scream wrench itself from her throat as she pulled the trigger, desperately stumbling backwards. Her brain was disconnected. Her body was pulling its own strings. She tripped over her own feet and fell backwards, landing with a painful thud on her back

She looked up, the horrifying notion that Clover was still standing and preparing to fire back at her rushing through her brain, just in time to see red.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Aster

Post by Aster »

Clover was a little slow on the draw. When she saw Faye’s arm shoot upwards, she immediately retaliated. She pulled out the gun and pointed it at the other girl, but she wasn’t actually sure if she’d pulled the trigger.

The force of the arrow embedding itself into her chest was too overpowering.

The girl doubled over, the impact knocking the wind out of her. She felt the gun slip from her grasp, and her pack fell to the ground. The view of the bolt jutting from her chest dominated her vision, and she watched crimson bloom through her magenta fleece jacket. Her hands clutched her stomach, feeling the fabric dampening as the blood trickled downwards. She looked up, and through her rapidly blurring vision, she saw Faye fall over. Suddenly, Clover’s smile returned, wider than ever. Looks like she’d pulled the trigger after all.

A chuckle bubbled up from her chest, and soon, she was laughing. Clover laughed and laughed, because even though she was dying, she was going to drag her killer down to hell with her. With one last gurgle, Clover stepped forward and tripped over her bag, the concrete rushing up to meet her.

Thankfully, she was dead before she hit the ground.
F23, CLOVER DUBOSE: DECEASED
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Faye watched, frozen to the ground, as the blood dripped from Clover’s stomach, red cutting through purple, splattering to the floor, the crossbow bolt jutting out in such a way that it looked like nothing more than a small black dot, floating in a crimson sea. Faye heard a whimper escape from her throat. All she could see was the ground and the sky and the chain-link fence and the dying girl in front of it, and all she could hear was her own harsh breathing and the pattering of blood. And then laughter.

And the dead girl laughed, laughed as her blood stained the ground red, laughed even as her voice grew hoarse and painful, and laughed as she stumbled and fell forwards.

Faye heard the bolt snap as the girl hit the ground, and a second later she heard her own voice again, a rising scream this time, and she was trying to tear her gaze away from the body, but her neck was locked in place, forcing her to look at it, even as she was pushing herself up and scrambling to her feet, body working independently, trying to get her away from the boat shed.

Look at it.

Look at the girl.

Look at what YOU did.

Her right hand was glued to her crossbow pistol, and her left hand was a block of lead, trying to clumsily scoop up her bag, dropping it once, twice, three times, and she couldn’t tell if she was still screaming over the piercing sound cutting through her head, and it took her a moment to realise that she was running and her braid was coming loose as it whipped in the wind and her heart felt like it was about to burst.

And even as she ran, the image of the body never left her mind.

Look at what you’ve done.

Look at what you’ve ruined.

((Faye Xandora continued in Chill and Rigor))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Boat Shed (Prologue)”