Induction

Open

The Exterior consists of the decaying parking lot outside and directly west of The Compound. The asphalt of the parking lot is marked by wide, deep cracks, with brush having grown up through these cracks. The parking lot and The Compound itself are surrounded by a chain-link fence with barbed wire on top, though much of this fence has rusted and many sections have fallen apart. A small, abandoned checkpoint consisting of a gate and a guard house exists at the entrance to the parking lot, with the gate having been left wide open.

THREAD LIMIT: 1

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

Shiola
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by Shiola »

It was a process, cleaning up Austin’s injuries. Nothing seemed to need stitching, which was good, because August had never stitched together anything that wasn’t fabric and he was a little bit terrified of doing so. At the very least, he knew that he wasn’t likely to get anything infected. Apparently his skin was relatively sterile, owing to the side effects of his Gift.

The thought did occur to him that if he did ever see anything that was especially bad here, he could use his Gift to cauterize it. The way it was done at hospitals wasn’t so different from what August would do. It was something his Mom taught him about, when he’d been particularly down on himself one day. There were lots of things he could do, lots of ways he could find a place in the world.

You just have to get through this.

That was a familiar enough feeling, he supposed.

The sound of footsteps wasn’t the first indication that someone else was approaching. August could feel the other collar and flashlight battery cross into his field, minute changes that were enough to startle him out of the task at hand. After crumpling the bandage wrappers into a ball and setting them in a side pocket of the duffle bag, August turned and stood up just as the door opened.

Though he was wary at first, a gentle smile spread across his face as he quickly recognized the person standing in the doorway. They didn’t know each other well, but he recognized her from classes. A few times he’d caught her glancing at his electric longboard, though it seemed like maybe she was too shy to ask about it.

At the very least, he was glad he remembered her name, and that she wasn’t Crispin.

August waved, trying his best to seem reassuring.

“H-hey Ana. Glad to see you’re uhh, alive.” He glanced towards Austin, and then back to Ana hoping the open first-aid kit was enough indication that he wasn’t the one that savaged him.

“Austin’s uhh, using his Gift to try and find some others. You’re welcome to stay here with us, if you like. I’m hoping if we get enough of us together, we can like - figure this out, somehow.”
SOTF: U
Evan Keane: "I guess my world was always gonna end, somehow."

SOTF Supers:
August Hanlon - "This never felt like much of a Gift."
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Ana was unsure and so was the parasite. It wouldn't settle on her shoulders and instead coiled around her arms, moving up and down them, refusing to be still. August’s gift involved electricity, which unnerved her and clearly unnerved the parasite. Ana wasn't sure how well the parasite conducted electricity or if it even could, but she was happier not knowing. August himself had his hair cut down to a buzz cut and was taller than her. If they were to fight he would have surely won.

August waved at her but she didn't return it immediately. Her hands stayed pinned at her sides while the parasite twisted around her left forearm. After exerting a greater amount of effort than usual Ana managed to get it to flow back up her left arm and sit on the small of her back. It seemed happier with that, like it preferred to be out of August's direct line of sight.

Only then, once the parasite had settled down did Ana weakly return the wave.

"Uh, thanks," She mumbled, taking a short step forward and stopping as she looked around the small guardhouse for a place to sit. In the end, she settled on the corner furthest away from August and Austin. She managed to get a good look at the unconscious boy as she slipped past and winced at the extent of his injuries. He had cuts and heavy bruising on his face, whatever had happened to him had been violent.

Her eyes never truly left August as she set herself down, they merely darted to look down at the floor whenever his focus turned to her. Once she was sat cross-legged on the floor, a small part of the parasite curled around from her back and settled on her thigh. While the parasite itself was featureless, Ana got the feeling it was watching August.

"What happened to him?” She eventually asked, nodding towards Austin.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

“Crispin happened.”

August scratched the back of his head, trying to put the words together. His mind was still lingering on the details, or lack thereof, and still slowly emerging from the Gift-suppressant fog. As best as he could, he tried to give as detailed an explanation as he could. Too many gaps, and he risked giving Ana even more reasons to be suspicious of him.

“I found him in the parking lot like this. Well, worse. When he woke up, he didn’t seem to remember much. Apparently-”

The tiniest mote of anger slipped into August’s tone. He paused for a second, letting it dissipate.

“-apparently, Crispin and Austin got into a fight. Crispin won, and stole his stuff after he passed out. Rations, water, even his jacket. I managed to get him up and out of the sun, and now here we are.”

It was hard to tell if she was satisfied with that answer, or if he even felt satisfied with that explanation, but it would have to do. What mattered was that it wasn’t going to happen again, not if August could help it.

Another wave of dizziness started to creep up on him. With a sigh, he slumped against the wall opposite Ana. Though he’d tried not to stare, he couldn’t help but notice her Gift as it seemed to move of its own accord. It was curiously beautiful, a kind of quicksilver snake at times. The way it acted lent credence to his pet theory about Gifts, though as much as he wanted to he figured now was probably the wrong time to start a philosophical discussion.

At the very least, it looked pretty. He wished it was the right time to tell her that, too.

SOTF Supers:
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Ana silently listened to August tell her Austin's story. It felt strange, like she was somehow intruding upon Austins' privacy by finding out what had happened to him second-hand, especially when he lay only a couple of feet away from her. She frowned at the mention of Crispin. She didn't like Crispin, he was a loud bully, the only thing he seemed to enjoy was making fun of others. Ana tried to avoid him whenever possible because he was so unpleasant to be around. So if there was one person who would beat someone up so badly it was Crispin.

She nodded at the explanation, her eyes flicking up to watch August as he moved and settled himself into a seated position on the wall opposite her. He wasn't looking directly at her, instead, his gaze seemed to be more interested in the parasite. In response, Ana withdrew it from her thigh and sent it off behind her back, out of sight.

As they sat in silence Ana kept her gaze down and absentmindedly pushed a piece of broken glass around on the floor with her index finger. It made a scraping sound as she did so, which served as something to fill the silence. She was unable to complete the task with words as she didn't know what to say or how she'd even say it.

Instead, she merely nodded again, more to herself than anything else. If Crispin had beaten Austin up and taken his belongings that meant he would have decided to do what the animal mask people had said. The goal was to be the last person standing, that was what they had been told, once everyone else was dead you got to go free.

The movement of the glass shard stopped as she glanced up at Austin. Her other fingers ran along one jagged edge of the shard; her eyes flicked over to August. Then she lowered her gaze again and returned to slowly pushing the glass around on the floor by her leg, waiting for Austin to return to consciousness.

The parasite sent a small part of itself to look over her shoulder, but when she noticed the movement and asserted more control it retreated once again.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

August usually didn’t mind silence. Most other people found it awkward, but he craved the absence of noise most times. Gaps in conversations weren’t hard to fill - you just didn’t say anything. He figured a lot of it came from a sort of social expectation. Probably from not wanting to only hear your own thoughts, too. Somewhere he’d read that in other parts of the world, people tended to enjoy silence more - it was Americans that had a habit of wanting to fill every space with conversation, no matter how inane.

Idly, he tested his Gift once again. Control was what he was most worried about, now. Still thinking of the possibility of a confrontation with Crispin, he wanted to make sure he knew how to make a distinction between a spark that would just hurt, and one that might stop his heart. Holding his hands six inches apart, the air between them slowly turned purple, with a quiet hum. For a few moments, he focused on narrowing the channel, forming the purplish air into a tight beam. It held, though not easily. Control was returning to him - but slowly.

He let the purple glow fade, clasping his hands together across his lap. In truth, this wasn’t a comfortable silence for August. There was a lot that he wanted to ask, and a lot that needed to be said about their situation. Someone had to come up with a plan, or at least some action they could take, a way to get out of here without dying. Elements of a plan were coming to mind, at least ideas he could put forward to someone more confident in coming up with something.

It was hard to tell what was going on with Ana, either. He’d never figured himself for someone who was particularly good at reading people, though it didn’t take a psychic to figure out that she was likely still reeling a bit from the situation they were in.

“So, umm…”

August noticed her playing with a piece of glass on the ground. Briefly, a tightness formed in his chest. Once again, he thought of Crispin and the “choice” that had been presented to them. He tried his best to seem friendly, in response. At this point it wasn’t sensible to assume anything either way.

“How, uhh - how are you holding up?”

I sure do miss the silence.

“Sorry. I mean, like, what do you think about all of this? I’m not totally sure what to do next. This is kinda hard to wrap my head around, personally.”

SOTF Supers:
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

((Austin Greene continued from ))

The body on the floor stirred suddenly, curling in on itself with a miserable groan.

"Aaaooooowww, fuuuuck me..."

Shit still hurt like a motherfucker. He'd been a little better prepared for it this time, at least, but it was excruciating even so. Going from no pain to all the pain ever was an immense jump no matter how much you tried to brace for it.

Still, he could feel he'd been tended to in his absence; August must've been busy. He could feel the lingering light sting of antiseptic on his arms and on his cheek. A large, soft pad covered the gashes on his face, and he could see his arms were wrapped with bandages covering a series of smaller cuts and scrapes. He was even pretty sure he'd bound his ankle, if the firm pressure around it was any indication. His wrist, though...

It was... probably beyond anything August could do for him. This was how it was staying; he'd just have to deal. He started pushing himself up with his good arm, trying to sit upright again.

"Heeey, August. I found Noah and Sayu-"

Something in the corner of his eye caught his attention.

"Oh, uh..."

Someone else was here. Her name was Ana, he thought? He mostly knew her because of the cute little silvery thing she had; he wished he'd gotten a cool pet for a Gift. He felt self-conscious again, having yet another person see him like this. With him beat to shit and his clothes messed up and all, he probably looked pathetic. It pretty well matched how he felt, but it would also likely inspire pity. The last thing he wanted was pity.

"Uh... hi?" He sat up, cross-legged, trying to look a little more alert than he felt. "Ana, right?"
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Eventually August spoke to her, asking how she was holding up. It seemed like a misplaced question and Ana suppressed the urge to scoff or make a noise because she knew that would have been rude and unhelpful. There were a lot of answers she could have given, none of them positive. Luckily, August decided to change his question to one that wasn't so difficult to respond to.

Ana looked up at him briefly and gave a small shrug, then opened her mouth to speak.

"I'm not-"

But whatever answer she had been about to give was cut off by Austin's sudden return to consciousness. The unexpected movement and noise coming from the previously still boy made Ana jump and she pressed her body back against the wall, squashing the parasite at first until it spread itself out across her legs. As she sat there, eyes wide and body pinned to the concrete at her back Austin started to speak to August before noticing her presence.

Once he had done so he turned his attention to her and Ana felt a knot forming in her stomach, an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness. She didn't know how Austin was going to react to her presence. Whether or not he allowed her to stay in the guardhouse with him and August, especially as it seemed they were enacting some sort of plan. Ana assumed she didn't fit in with it, because she rarely ever did.

Instead, Austin looked awkward himself and managed to get a question to tumble inelegantly from between his lips.

"Uh, um, yeah," She said, swallowing and nodding, eyes darting between the pair. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the parasite forming a tendril and sending it out to play with the glass shard some more. "August told me what Crispin did to you." She said, her right-hand pinching and releasing the fabric of her jeans repeatedly. "I'm sorry that happened."
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

Austin returned to them, though it seemed like the process of becoming aware of his body wasn't entirely pleasant. August wished he’d been able to do more for the pain itself, but at least this way he wasn’t going to get hurt any worse. Nevertheless, he winced as Austin came to, hoping at least the realization that his wounds were tended to would be a little calming.

Ana was about to reply, but Austin’s arrival cut her off. August could see the gears turning, watching the familiar way that socially awkward people tended to not repeat themselves or keep going on a topic if they’re not able to do it the first time around. He was trying to do that less himself, but it was hard. You had to really feel like you had something important to say, and that people wanted to hear it; that wasn’t easy for a lot of people. Then again, the other extreme wasn’t always better. Crispin came to mind, once again.

At least Ana managed to engage with Austin, too. For someone who seemed as quiet as she did, being forced to engage with other people was no doubt quite stressful; doubly so, in a situation like that. That she was really trying to engage with them was a good sign, at least. Her apparent compassion for Austin’s plight was an even better one.

For a split second, the air around August seemed to glow purple. Faintly, and only for a moment. It accompanied a pit that formed in his stomach, a feeling he couldn’t quite place. With the drugs still wearing off, sudden bursts of emotion occasionally caused Conduit to act out. Especially unexpected ones. Something felt off.

I should find out how that happened.

Later.

“Sorry about that. I’m still not a hundred percent. But uhh, hopefully he, uh - hopefully we don’t see him again…” August trailed off, rubbing his eyes in only a slight exaggeration of his malaise.

The first thing Austin said clicked, re-registering to August as he pushed troubling thoughts from his mind. Noah and Sayuna, he’d found them, and they were alive.

“Hey, you - you found Noah and Sayuna! Are they alright?” The concern was evident in August's tone.

That pit had formed in his stomach again. Noah was definitely going to be having a hard time with all of this, more than many of the others. Melancholy didn’t suit him well, and he knew Noah even had trouble hearing about gun violence, let alone seeing it happen right in front of him. August didn’t really do hugs, mostly because people refused them, but he imagined Noah really needed one. And a friend.

At least he had Sayuna, wherever they were. She was a kind heart, and someone that August had been drawn to since they’d met. Her character was wrote in the things she chose to spend her time and energy on, which was often limited. They’d had extended discussions on volunteer opportunities, and things they could do to help people with challenging Gifts like themselves.

Another reason to be angry at the kidnappers. Another reason to fend off thoughts of what he’d do if he ever got his hands on them. Another reason to find a source of calm, and control.

We’re better than this.

SOTF Supers:
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

He'd figured August would've said something. Not like he'd have much choice, given the condition Austin was in. Like, people were bound to ask, and you couldn't just not have an explanation. He nodded awkwardly at the sympathy she offered; he neither wanted it nor deserved it, but he couldn't just reject it either. That'd probably just make everything even more uncomfortable, and he was plenty uncomfortable on his own.

August brought the conversation back to Noah and Sayuna. Thank fuck. He actually had something to say there, and clearly August was anxious for news on that front.

"Mhm. They're in that shithole," he nodded towards the compound. "Told 'em where we are, so they're on their way out."

He shifted around uncomfortably on the floor, settling for sitting with his knees drawn to his chest.

"I, uh, I didn't really tell them about... well," he gestured at the now-covered claw marks. "They were kinda freaked out and I didn't wanna make it worse. So we might, um, maybe wanna brace for them to take it poorly. Sayuna especially was struggling real bad."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The air around August turned purple, Ana looked away, and the parasite's tendril shot back to rejoin the main body. Eventually, the glow subsided but Ana kept her eyes down and focused on the mess that was spread across the floor, taking in the details of the items. Once the coast appeared clear the parasite emerged, again, and sat a part of itself on her shoulder.

Austin spoke but didn't acknowledge what she had said causing Ana to cringe internally; she lifted her left leg up and brought the knee to her chest, wrapping her arm around it. Then August asked about Noah and Sayuna, leaving her to listen as Austin instead explained how he had found them and passed on his location. Although Ana supposed it was more their location. His and Augusts.

When Austin had mentioned the shithole, she'd turned and craned her neck to take in the large, box-shaped building that loomed over them like a monolith. The hairs on her neck stood on end and she shivered before quickly returning her gaze to the floor, occasionally flicking her eyes up to look at the other two.

She thought about speaking, to ask them if they had a plan, and ran different variations of the question through her mind to that end. But she stayed silent, instead, she opened her bag and withdrew the map, trying to figure out where exactly they were. The parasite, still resting part of its mass on her shoulder, joined in, gently nudging her cheek.

"Could be the Alvord." She whispered in agreement.
Shiola

Post by Shiola »

August sighed, looking up from the floor to the windows of the guardhouse; he could just see the shape of the Compound, looming over the surrounding area. He could only imagine what Austin might’ve seen inside.

Ana continued to withdraw, and August noted her pulling out a map. That was a good idea; something he hadn’t thought of right away. Even if they made it out of here, they’d need to know exactly where here was. Wandering the desert aimlessly could be just as much of a death sentence if they didn’t have a heading. It might’ve been one, even if they did. His mind drifted to thoughts of Mercedes, how she’d fare in those circumstances. It was an uncomfortable thought, and he shifted in place slightly as it crossed his mind.

He could feel the light tingling at the tips of his fingers, his fear playing out in the minute oscillations of the field that surrounded him. His heart pounded in his chest as he tried to think of what he’d say when Noah and Sayuna showed up, and what exactly Austin meant by Sayuna struggling real bad.

Maybe it was the drugs wearing off, or the fact that he’d just had that critical mass of time to think about it, but a certain level of panic was beginning to set in. August couldn’t let it. Someone had to keep their shit together here. He had to. Closing a fist, he dug painted nails into his palm, and took a deep, deliberate breath.

I’ll make time to freak out about this, later.

Some confidence returned to him, or at least the appearance of it.

“That’s a good idea, Ana. I think we’re a bit further south, but I dunno where exactly. I don’t know the plants around here too well.”

If Austin was perceptive enough, he could probably tell in August’s eyes that he had stared at a particular kind of abyss for a little too long.

“We’ll do our best. I don’t expect anyone to-”

Something new resonated within his field, very suddenly. It was familiar - more flashlight batteries and collars. The feeling of them hit him well before the sound of footsteps would.

He stood up, and unclenched his fist.

“Someone’s here.”

SOTF Supers:
Dogs231

Post by Dogs231 »

NOAH DAVIS: CONTINUED FROM "❶"

Noah stepped out of the stark cube of concrete through a metal door. At first, the light blinded him, and he tilted his hat down to shield his face from the sun. As his sight returned, he saw streaks and spots of color in his vision, and even when he rubbed his eyes with his sleeve, they remained.

As the colors cleared, he stared out across the empty parking lot, a forlorn plain of decayed concrete, contrasted by the soft, sandy dunes on the horizon. It was a desert, but it didn't remind him of home. He felt so distant from civilization, in a way he never had before.

He squeezed Sayuna's hand as the sense of isolation crept in. It helped to know that he wasn't alone, that she was still behind him. He took a few steps forward, then paused, and turned to look at her. He forced himself to smile, even though he knew she wouldn't see it.

His eyes lingered a moment on her blindfold. Even with her face partially covered, he could see the strain in her. He understood why she'd made that choice, and he accepted it. For now, he would act as her guide, her sense of sight. He turned to her and worked up the courage to speak.

"Only a little longer, now," he said, in a clear voice, "and we'll be there."

He could tell she was calmer now, but he couldn't let her know the dread that built inside his chest. He turned towards a building in the distance, the guardhouse. Sayuna's hand still in his, he stepped onto the hot, sun-drenched pavement. Each action he took was careful and deliberate to help her keep pace.

With each footfall, the two of them moved closer. The little box, the guardhouse in the distance, grew nearer every second that passed. Tiny black dots turned to murky shapes, then to human silhouettes. As Noah approached the building, he slowed to a stop and listened. There were voices, familiar ones, inside of the shell. He felt some solace, which came from the fact that they would soon be reunited.

"Sayuna," he said, a hint of excitement in his voice, "we're...we're here."

He heard August note their arrival with a sense of alertness. He didn't want them to worry, so he called out in response.

"It's us," he exclaimed, "we're good to enter, right?"
[+] PRESENT
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O18: Alexander "Lex" Latimer - "You've got something to go home to, right? Then it's yours."
Assigned Weapon: Pistol Auto 9mm 1A, Pistol Auto 9mm 1A
Location: He prepared for the end in The Mysterious Circle - United by the Moment.
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SOTF: Cyber
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

A01: Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle - "—maybe I'll die. But, you know, united we stand, united we fall. Something like that, anyway. If I'm going, well, I'm going down swinging."
Designated Weapon: W-7 — Gold Silverware Set
Designated Utility: U-26 — Surveillance System
Location: She met her match and lost the game in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1/1

A18: Daniel Arista - "It ain't right for a man, you know, to die on his knees." [Adopted from Cob]
Designated Weapon: W-27 — Tennis Racket
Designated Utility: U-18 — Non-Fungible Token (NFT)
Location: He played the game like he was told in The Distorted Homeroom (Room 308) - Error.
In-Game History: 1

ONE ROOM DEATH GAME:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE]

Tyler Becerra - "We're all gonna make it."
Location: He's gambling with his life in The Stage - One Room Death Game.
In-Game History: 1
[+] PAST
SOTF-TV V3:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ES03: Cory Cartwright - "We can have power over the situation. We can defeat the game. We only need to figure out how."
Assigned Weapon: Diving Knife
Location: He was out of his depth in Jetties: Central - Armageddon Game. [47/81]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

S015: Noah Davis - "We're alive, and that means we still have a chance to set things right."
Gift: Finger Guns
Location: He tried his best, but came up short in The Flatlands - Pale Rider. [19/43]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

B15: Shūya Nanahara - "Well, now, I'm no hero, that's understood..."
Assigned Weapon: Icepick, the Power of Rock Music!
Location: He refused to play by the rules in In-Between - The Worst Game in History. [10/42].
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
[+] CONCEPTS
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V3

Liam Black is one sick puppy - "No more rain, where's the sunshine when you need it?"
Austin White is always right - "I would very much like to see you prove me wrong."
[+] SOTF-SECOND CHANCES V4

Josh Goodman is living the dream - "For a mad scientist, imagination is the greatest weapon."
[+] SOTF-TV INTERMISSION

Tamarisk Allen is a dead ringer - "We're friends, and friends stay together to the end, right?"
Stryker Williams is the best around - "Now, I'm going to take my first step towards greatness."
Blake Killam is made for this - "This show has been my life, from start to finish."
[+] SOTF-TV V4

Richard de la Cruz is determined to win - "Watch as I do something unimaginable."
Evan Gemstone is ready to die on this hill - "I'll send this whole structure crashing down."
[+] SOTF-U V2

Alex Wituk is vibrating with motion - "I don't know what came over me, but I was on fire with anger!"
[+] SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V2

Kim Song is under watch - "두렵더라도 강해져야 합니다."
[+] SOTF-SUPERS V2

Adam Ka'uhane is forgotten - "Nobody will remember me when I'm gone."
[+] OTHER

Caius Jones is a doomsayer - "The signs are clear; the end is nigh!"
Maxwell Verity is telling the truth - "Life is an equation, and numbers don't lie."
Aiden Chase is speedrunning life - "It's simple, just beat the clock."
[+] EXTRA

SOTF AU V1:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

B001: Jason Dagon - "They say it's hard taking a life; they're wrong. It's the easiest thing in the world."
Assigned Weapon: IWI UZI
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Cicadan

Post by Cicadan »

( Sayuna continues from )

"Yeah."

Sounding like she was trying to smile. Mostly teeth and clenched jaw.

' 海 空宇宙 '

'... Could probably be more talkative. But
I don't know if mumbling things that come to mind would make me come off as

well, deranged.
You know,
outside of the context of doing it with friends for fun,
or on the internet for money.'

She could tell they'd changed locales in a lot of subtle ways. The different bounce in each footstep when concrete became asphalt. The ambient heat draped like a blanket on her allowing her to visualize that, yes, the sun still existed and still was in the sky. For now.

' その向こうに何が見える '

Her free hand, on instinct, tried to make sense of the world with a cane that didn't exist. She waited, keeping her expression as upbeat as she felt was fair incase someone chanced to look at her. Hidden as she was behind Noah's back she couldn't muster up much extra cheer. Maybe a lip corner out of place. The splay of her fingers over Noah's remained terse.
Upcoming:

Second Chances V3 (deconreconfirmed):
Relations Thread!
Olivia Fischer (original handler, Maraoone)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Faith Marshal-Mackenzie (original handler, Frozen Smoke)
Memories: 1 Pregame: 1
Sayuna Lewis (original handler, Cicada)
Princess McQuillan (original handler, Cicada)
Pregame: 1
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

[+] The Present
Image Image

SC3:
???: Jeremy Frasier — "..." — 0%
PREGAME — Past: | Present:
THEME: Jim's Big Ego — Stress

B02: Maxwell Lombardi — “Then I'll beat them again. Simple as that.” — 100%/0%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: SPAS-12 Shotgun, Trident, Colt .357 King Cobra, Meat Cleaver
SCDos — |
SCTres —
THEME: Eminem — The Way I Am
[+] The Past
ImageImageImage Image Image

BRAU2:
B11: Hiroki Sugimura — "Listen, Kayoko, I lov-” — 10%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Shamisen
BRAU2 —

INTL:
O07: Jaxon Chen (Adopted from Tapey!) — "You- started- this-" — 55%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Poison Ivy Gloves, Smoke Bomb, Crutch
INTL —

PV3:
F01: Michelle White — "Because if you can forgive me, then… then maybe I can try to forgive myself. Amen." — 68%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Ghille Suit, Combat Knife w/ Sniper Scope, Speargun
SANDBOX — Past: N/A | Present:
PV3 —
THEME: Tommy Körberg — Anthem

Supers:
S034: Isabella Lugosi — "Stay. Away. Stay- away-" — 32%
Kills: 1 | Equipped with: Phenomena
Supers — Memories: N/A | Game: 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦 𓆦
THEME: John Carpenter — From The Fire

TV2:
SP5: Michael Robinson (Adopted from Polybius!) — "Oh shit." — 77%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Large Fishing Net
SANDBOX: N/A
TV2 — 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TV3:
BC08: Marion Rosales — "Doesn't- matter if it works or not. You get- a chance to try." — 27%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Decorative Mareon Rosalales Nameplate
SANDBOX — Past: | Present: | 𓅓
TV3 — 𓅓
THEME: Dessa — Ride

SS01: Verity Stewart — "Fucking owned-" — 98%
Kills: 6 | Equipped with: Heckler & Koch P11, Harpoon
SANDBOX — Past: | Present:
TV3 —
THEME: Those Poor Bastards — Crooked Man

SC2:
G25: Jasmine King — "I win." — 32%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Colt Single Action Army, Hunga Munga
SCDos —
THEME: QZ Productions — My Mistress' Will
[+] Beyond

PV3 Prologue:
M35: Buddy Underwood — "So... what, we creatin' some kinda Dogtown?" — 62%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Sledgehammer
BEFORE — Past: N/A | Present: N/A
PV3 Prologue — 1 2 3 4 5
THEME — ???
[+] The Future
ImageImage

Waldo Woodrow — The Best Friend — "Yo! Bro! Check out this shark I caught!"
Warion Roux — The Bumblebee — "Homme qui regarde même les signatures en notre année 2022?"
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Something was bothering August. Probably already had been, really, but Austin was only now starting to catch it. And like, fair. Austin had been given hours to come to some sort of terms with their situation, even with as hazy as that timespan was in his head. Everyone else, though, they were waking up fresh to it all. The guy probably needed some time to process the insane shit they'd gone through, but he wasn't getting that as long as he was nannying Austin's injured ass. Maybe he'd leaned on August too much here.

He wanted to offer some sort of comfort in return for what August had done for him. He was dogshit at that sort of emotional stuff, but in this situation you'd have to take what you could get. But August cut him off, and another voice called out in response.

Noah! He and Sayuna had made it!

"Yeah, of course!" He shouted, rising to his feet. "I'll- ngh-"

His left leg wobbled under him again; his ankle still couldn't handle much weight. He struggled with pushing himself up, using the wall for support.

"I-I'll come out to you."

He stepped gingerly towards the doorway, careful to avoid what glass remained on the floor. He leaned against the entrance with his injured left side, giving a wave with his not-busted hand. He looked a fucking wreck right now, but he'd do his best to at least pretend he was keeping it together.

"Thank fuck y'all made it here." He gave a pained impression of a relieved smile. "You're okay, I-"

His smile fell. Something in the distance caught his eye.

"... hope?"

He stared past Noah, off into the desert. Something was moving towards them. A mass of... he couldn't really tell what without his glasses. But whatever it was, it was huge, coming from multiple sides as it moved towards the compound.

"What the..." he muttered, stepping back. "What the fuck..."

He wasn't hallucinating this, right? There was something coming this way.

Was it... bugs?
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU