The Snakes of Ireland

Private

A large, high-ceilinged building found north of the destroyed housing unit, the mess hall consists of two rooms. The first is a wide open space containing several long bench tables, bolted to the floor. The other is a spacious kitchen, as would be expected for a building that had to cater for a large number of miners. A large window between the two rooms once allowed food to be passed out as soon as it was ready, all the better to quickly sate the hunger of the workers after a long day.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Brigid quickly moved under the table after she returned fire to Bunny. She soon found herself against the wall of the mess hall. She looked back to the entrance. Bunny was probably going to keep peeping back in to open fire. Brigid looked back to the area where the bathrooms were. Chris had to still be in there. She prayed he heard the gunfire and remained hidden.

Before she could do much else, she heard more gunfire. She quickly scooted to the side as more bullets came raining in. Before she could even return fire, she felt something horrifyingly painful. Brigid let out a cry as she realized one bullet hit her shoe. She quickly fell to the ground, her gun slipping from her grip and scattering across the floor.

She could see blood starting to leak out from the hole in her shoe. She might have lost a toe or just gotten hit there in general. Her eyes widened a lot as she realized she was having trouble standing up with one foot bleeding and filled with lead. The gun was now far from her, and all she had was the bec de corbin.

She let out a soft moan as she looked back to the door.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

The salvo of bullets now behind her, Bunny turned her head back round to face forwards, and tried, desperately to hobble away. Any second now, she’d hear the sound of footsteps, coupled with the returning crackle of gunfire as Brigid gave chase.

After several seconds of nothing, Bunny stopped. She turned around. She looked through the open doorway. Brigid wasn’t there. For whatever reason, she was letting her go free.

And now, here was the thing. Bunny could have so very easily just turned back and left. She could have pretended this all never happened, and she and Brigid could have recovered from their wounds far away from each other. Forgive and forget, as some great old dead fogey once said and if she just pffffffft, nah. Like heck she was gonna do that.

The thought didn’t even cross her mind as she strode back into the mess hall, SMG hanging casually by her side. All she’d wanted was a half-hour rest, a little peace and quiet before she went off again. They didn’t even have to talk. Instead, Brigid had threatened her. Shot at her when her back was turned. Wounded her yet a-freaking-gain. She’d done everything in her power to damage Bunny’s pride, and hoo boy, her pride did not like being tarnished.

Plus, c’mon. How boring would it be for this whole thing to end like that?

Bunny blinked as she made her way into the building, eyes adjusting to the cool lighting of the mess hall. She saw Brigid lying on the ground, and her perky, beaming smile found its way to her face the instant she the blood pooling around her foot. Brigid’s gun was nowhere in sight. She stepped forwards, a hum on her lips, until she was looking down at the other girl.

“Awwww, whatcha doing down there, Bridgey? This all get too much for you? Bit off more than you could chew?”

The smile grew savage as Bunny giggled, finger wrapped around the trigger.

“Fucking moron.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Brigid slowly tried to crawl towards the gun, trying to use the bec de corbin to keep herself up. She could feel a lot of pain coming from her foot, which she tried as hard as she could to ignore. Bunny was still out there, and she still posed a threat to her, Chris, and everyone else here. Brigid had to do something to stop her.

As Brigid tried to crawl, she heard Bunny come a lot closer. She turned back and saw the blonde girl standing over her. She gritted her teeth, half prepared for the other girl to just shoot her dead right then and there.

But then Bunny started to talk. She was making a joke about this, talking down to Brigid. This girl was really mad. This was all a joke to her. Much like Jasmine, she was petty, vindictive, and was taking this all as one big fun game. Brigid didn't see the humor here, and she didn't like the idea that people like Bunny could get away with being such villainous bitches.

"No, you're the moron," Brigid said, tightening her grip on the polearm. "You think you can just kill everyone and win this game? Like hell I'm going to let you keep murdering."

Brigid tightened her grip on the bec de corbin as hard as she could, then swung it as quickly and as hard as she could. Because she was lying on the ground, the best she could hope to get was Bunny's knee, but at the very least, she had a chance of bringing the girl down and bashing her head in before she got shot to death.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

”And how are you gonna do that, Bridgey honey? You’ve lost your gun. You’re bleeding out. You tried to fight someone you thought was a murderer which, hmmmm, doesn’t sound very smart to me! And you know what the best part about all this is? I wasn’t even gonna do anything if you’d just let me walk away. You killed yourself, you dense fuck!”

That was what Bunny wanted to say. She had it all planned out and everything, all the facial expressions and gestures that were gonna go with it as well! But she only managed to get the first word out before she realised what Brigid was doing. She had enough time for her eyes to widen, before the bec-de-corbin swung round and smashed into her legs. She let out a gasp of anguish, the force of the hit running through her entire body, and her legs started to collapse from underneath her.

Maybe, just maybe, she had underestimated the polearm in Brigid’s hands. And maybe, just maybe, she should have stayed at a safe distance to win this fight.

Some cosmic being flipped a coin. As Bunny fell, the coin did too. Throughout her life, whenever she’d been asked to guess the results of a coin toss, she’d always chosen tails. She wasn’t exactly sure why. It just felt right, she guessed. There didn’t have to be a reason for everything, after all! She never wavered, never changed her answer, even when she was on a string of bad luck.

The giant cosmic coin landed tails, and Bunny managed, somehow, to keep one foot planted firmly on the ground. She fell to one knee, and even as the pain rippled through her body a second time, she had raised the SMG, pointing it straight at Brigid’s chest. Something had definitely cracked, her other leg was still trickling blood, and her lower half felt like it had been slashed to ribbons. All thoughts of her previous, planned out speech had vanished from her mind. Something entirely new, that reflected her current feelings much more succinctly, was bubbling behind her lips.

“Get fucked!” Bunny spat.

She gripped the gun tight, and pulled the trigger.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Brigid had hoped to get another swing in. She had hoped she could have gotten that heroic second wind that would allow her to finish off Bunny and remove one more threat from the island. She had hoped that she could have protected Chris and anyone else who came by the Mess Hall they knew wasn't playing.

But as Brigid remembered: hope was something you only had if the chances of fortune changing were in your favor. Here, Brigid had the element of surprise for one good swing, and a messed up foot that wouldn't let her swing the heavy bec de corbin again.

Before she could even try to swing again, Bunny unloaded more bullets into Brigid's chest. Brigid cried out as she felt her body get ripped apart. She fell back, landing on her back and slamming her head onto the floor of the Mess Hall.

Brigid didn't have time to really ponder her choices and her actions before her life slowly disappeared from her flesh. She had no time to think about if Chris would be safe now that she was dead. She couldn't even think about her parents or her younger siblings. She couldn't think about the rest of her peers who were still alive on this island and what they'd have to go through before the game ended.

In the time it took for Brigid to die, she could only have one thought. She thought about Jasmine; how easy it was to kill the girl. Maybe that was as much as Brigid could get prove she was capable of protecting others on this island. Maybe she wasn't supposed to kill all the villains on the island. She wasn't St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland. She was just Brigid Aislinn Paxton, a girl who thought she could be a hero, and she only proved she wasn't one.

Maybe she should have just stayed as Brigid. Maybe then she wouldn't be in this mess.
G017 Brigid Paxton:
Deceased
36 Students Remain
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

With one last cry of pain, Brigid fell backwards, and after a moment, Bunny’s legs collapsed from underneath her, knee still throbbing from the impact with the bec-de-corbin, and she fell too, forwards rather than backwards. She threw her hands out to stop her face from smashing into the ground, machinenpistole skittering a few feet away from her. The floor felt cool against her palms, a stark contrast to her face and throat, coated in sweat, her own warm breath bouncing off the floor and back into her.

She had just enough time to notice this contrast before she rolled over, facing the ceiling, one arm lying across her body lazily. There were gaps dotted all over the roof, places where age had taken their toll and sent tiles hurtling down the side of the building to lie buried in the tall grass. Shards of light stabbed through, flooding directly into Bunny’s eyes, far too bright for her exhausted mind and sight to deal with. She closed her eyes. Her breathing slowed down. All things considered, this wouldn’t be a bad place to die.

So, gosh, sure did suck for everyone who hated her that she felt like doing anything but right now!

A low giggle burst from Bunny’s lips. She opened her eyes again. Both of her legs ached, like they’d just been crushed. She could feel how damp her tights were, coated and soaked through with blood. Exhaustion was clinging to her, weighing her down, desperately trying to keep her to the ground.

But man. She felt freaking fantastic. There was the rush again, stomping down on the low pool of bile threatening to rear up in her stomach.

Her laughter grew louder and she raised her right forearm to rest on her forehead, as the sound bounced off of the walls of the mess hall, and she just kept on laughing, oblivious to everything around her.

Eventually, she picked herself up and hobbled over to pick her gun back up again. Sophie's gun, too, went into her bag. Waste not want not, after all! Her eyes glanced over the weird polearm thing she'd been using, considering it for a moment, then decided better against it. Why would she need it when she already had plenty of firepower that didn't require her to get all up in someone's face to use? Besides, her kneecap still hurt like heck. Carrying that thing around was, like, bad juju, or something.

Bunny rolled her shoulders and headed out of the mess hall. She'd picked up another injury, and god, did she need some place to sleep, but hey; she was still alive. Brigid was not. And that, really, was all that mattered when everything was said and done.

((Bunny Barlowe continued in The Use of Common Sense is Secured))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Christopher had just finished doing his business when he heard the gunshots ring out in the adjacent room. His heart jumped in his throat when they did. Chris almost in there like an idiot.

Almost. He managed to stop himself before he showed his face. Instead, he waited, with baited breath, as the loud volleys of bangs echoed through the mess hall, he slid down the wall as the atmosphere grew tense. As much as he wanted to go out there and help Brigid, who was almost certainly tangled up in this mess, he remembered that she had the gun. He didn't have anything of the sort.

The gunshots eventually died down after what felt like too long. Was it long enough? Was it safe to go out there? Was Brigid okay? Did she win?

The echoing laughter, distinctly not Brigid's voice, told him no.

So he waited. He waited for an uncomfortably long time, until he could hear what he thought was the door to the building swinging open, then closing.

He gulped, his hand gripping the club, as he stood up and headed out into the main room of the mess hall.

Whoever had been shooting, they were gone now. There was no one here.

Well... no one alive, anyway.

It didn't take him long to find Brigid's body. He stared down at her, with her lifeless eyes looking back up at him.

He sat down at one of the benches, just looking at what used to be Brigid.

This was his fault, wasn't it? He didn't know what possessed whoever did this to do it, but... maybe he could have stopped this.

"Could I have?" he asked the dead body, "What happened, Brigid?"

No response. Of course not.

He looked down, to the floor. To the blood.

"I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now," he said.

In just three short days, he'd lost both allies he'd found on the first day. One of them... by the other's hands. The other...

Well, he didn't know that yet.

Chris stood up, taking a few steps to the corpse. He'd seen this in movies, TV shows, and games. He knelt, slowly reached his hand to her face, and closed her eyes.

That was supposed to be... respectful, right? At this point... did it matter?

He stood up. His eyes went to the bec de corbin. As a weapon, it was powerful, but large and impractical. He thought his club was fine.

But... he took the bec de corbin anyway. Not to use as a weapon, but...

He looked down at the body.

"You don't mind, do you?" he asked Brigid.

He took the silence as approval.

He headed toward the doors of the mess hall. He didn't want to be here anymore.

At the doors, he took one final look at the body of his only real ally. Then he shook his head and left.

((Christopher Schwartz continued in Pool 2278.))

Return to “The Mess Hall”