Ranch Hands

Open

The Ranch is a large fenced in area, of rich land used for farming and animal grazing. A large two story farm house is located inside of the property. Formerly the home of the ranch's owners, the home is in very good condition, but lacks the supplies it once had or any electricity. Other buildings in the area include, a barn, several chicken coops, corn silo and a stable. Also on the outside are: a large vegetable garden, now only containing withered corn plants, an empty horse corral and a large cow pen or pasture surrounded by barbed wire.
Deamon

Ranch Hands

Post by Deamon »

F17 - Martha Stock: Start

Martha had had a dream about being in the Wild West before, it had been weird and involved some of the people she knew from school. On any other day she would have questioned the significance of suddenly remembering a dream she had all but forgotten, but as she lay on what felt like dirt with the sun beating down on her face it started to become clear in her mind. A person called The Sheriff if she remembered correctly had taken control of the...train they had been in and declared they would play a game in a zone, or in the Zone. It was a little hazy but the important details were slowly starting to sieve through her brain.

She sat up maybe a little too quickly and her vision became blurred, when her eyes finally decided to start working she noticed that she definitely wasn't anywhere near a train or anything else for that matter. She slowly looked around taking everything she saw in while trying to calm herself down, what she saw didn't fill her with hope. There was a wooden building with two floors, a barn, a place where chickens were kept, a massive tower and a stable. Martha herself seemed to be located inside a big fenced off area that she recognised from pictures and films as where they kept horses in old films about the Wild West. That was when it hit her.

Oh shit, I'm back in time...Wait no, that can't be right.

She looked around again, it definitely looked like an old western movie, but time travel was impossible so that idea was out the window. The she spotted the backpack lying next to her, its colour blended in with the ground somewhat so she had missed it on her first look around. She reached out and pulled it towards her. Behind the bag something shined in the sun, it was shovel. Martha had no idea what the shovel was for but it must have been put there deliberately, it was too close to her to be coincidence. She left it lying on the floor while she took a look through her bag. The contents weren't promising. There was a basic amount of food that could last a person a few days if they were careful with it, a poorly drawn map and a compass, a flashlight and spare batteries and a first aid kit.

Thinking back to the train Martha started to remember what the person calling themselves The Sheriff had said.

"For reasons best known to myself, ya'll are set to play... let's call it a game."

That didn't sound like an inviting prospect to Martha; it was something about the way he had said it just didn't sound right. She tried to remember more, she was sure he had said something else.

"Those others sittin' 'round you right now? Those are your enemies. Kill 'em, or die."

Martha shuddered, if this was truly meant to be a game it was a sick one, was he actually expecting them to kill their classmates? He had mentioned a weapon, Martha looked around and in her bag, and she couldn't see anything that could be considered a weapon. Her eyes settled on the shovel again.

"You've got to be kidding me." She mumbled.

Her weapon was a spade, of all the things she could possibly have gotten, it was a spade. Still it could have been worse, she hoped. Maybe someone had been given a cowboy hat or something equally stupid. Martha went to scratch an itch that had been annoying her since she had a woken up and her hand brushed something that was on her neck. It felt like leather, she had no idea how she hadn't noticed before but she had been distracted then. She felt all the way around her neck and found that someone had put a collar around her neck. She gave it a little tug and found that it was tightly locked in place; she couldn't remember what The Sheriff had said about the collar exactly but the message seemed to have been don't mess with it.

Picking up the backpack and the shovel Martha stood up and looked around. She knew that she had been told to kill her classmates but that wasn't going to happen, so she needed to find someone else and see if they remembered or had a better idea of what was going on. Deciding on the quickest method of figuring out if anyone was nearby Martha called out.

"Hello...Anyone there!"

Martha hoped someone else was nearby; she didn't like the idea of being left alone with the thought of killing people she knew or dying herself. Neither option seemed inviting.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

((Amelia Lennon continued from The Foolish Fearless))

Amelia was, by now, a little apprehensive. She had called out a couple of times as she’d traversed down the stairs, hoping that one of her friends would pop their heads round a door and ask her if she was alright. But nope, the whole house was completely silent. There was something else that made Amelia slightly wary, that being the house itself. It would be okay to live in, she guessed, but it was way too sparsely furnished for her liking. And it seemed too small for a group of kids the size of her class to live in.

Amelia opened the first right-hand door at the bottom of the stairs. The room was just as empty as the one she’d woken up in. There was a table and chairs, and a few cabinets but nothing else. The curtains were drawn, so Amelia tried flicking the lightswitch on. Nothing happened. Amelia frowned, and flicked it again, and again. Nope. Nothing doing, chief. Amelia sighed, and headed over to the cabinets. She still needed a drink, and she hoped there would be a glass or something in a cupboard. However, the only thing to greet her when she opened the doors was air, as well as a couple of cobwebs.

Jesus, this is where we’re living? I sure hope not, that’d suck. And where the hell is everyone?

Getting more and more agitated, Amelia strode over to one of the windows and threw the curtain aside. Blinding light flooded the room, and Amelia covered her eyes and squinted until she’d gotten used to the light. Looking out of the window, she could see what looked like a corn silo. She’d never actually seen a corn silo outside of pictures. They weren’t exactly common around Alderbrook.

“Alright, seriously. Where the hell am I?” Amelia muttered. Seconds later, another voice joined hers. It was louder, with a hint of nervousness, and it sounded like it was coming from outside. Grinning at the prospect of finally finding someone, Amelia raced out of the room, and through the corridors of the house, quickly finding the front door of the house, and exiting it.

The first thing that struck Amelia was the heat. She wasn’t sure how she hadn’t noticed it before, seeing as she’d been under sheets wearing a cardigan, but she guessed the house was specially protected against heat. Outside though, it felt as if she’d walked into an oven. The next thing that hit her was the light. She still wasn’t quite used to it, and was forced to squint. Finally, she saw the source of the shout earlier. Amelia smiled when she saw Martha. She got along well with her, and occasionally went to watch her play volleyball.

But why is she holding that spade? And why’s she the only person around?

Putting her thoughts at bay for the moment, Amelia waved at Martha and walked over. “Hey, Martha!” she said, voice cheerful. “So. Where exactly are we? And, um... why the hell are you carrying that spade around?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

To say Martha was glad to see someone was an understatement. She would have been fine seeing anyone from the school, but the person she had met was Amelia which genuinely made Martha happy. She got on well with Amelia and if they were meant to play some sort of sick joke of a game she knew she could trust Amelia. Maybe Amelia had a better idea of what exactly was going on.

"So, where exactly are we? And, um... why the hell are you carrying that spade around?"

That wasn't what Martha would have liked to have heard but she could understand why Amelia wouldn't know. Martha assumed they all must have been in the same situation; randomly dropped off somewhere with a weapon and the knowledge that they had to kill to win. Which was still a difficult concept to grasp.

She doesn't know about the weapons?

There were a couple of ways Martha could think of when it came to answering that question. She could tell the truth and explain that it was what she had been given as a weapon and that it was down to luck what weapon you actually got or she could lie and say she found the shovel on the floor somewhere after all this was a kill or be killed game. Martha pushed the thought of lying from her head as soon as it appeared. It didn't matter if it was kill or be killed she couldn't lie to a friend.

"To answer you first question, I have no idea where we are and this spade is the weapon that got randomly assigned to me." As Martha spoke she realised how crazy this would have sounded in any other situation, she was dimly aware in the back of her mind that everyone in her class would have to die at some point, at least that was if they decided to play the Sheriff's crazy game but she didn't dwell on it.

A plan was starting to form in her head. The meeting with Amelia had been down to luck but it was the good kind. She and Amelia knew each other well and trusted each other, if they decided to stick together and work together their chance of survival would increase dramatically and the idea of living sounded good to Martha.

"I'm thinking it would be best for both of us if we stuck together, that way if anything happens we can look out for one another and protect each other. It'd be safer than going our separate ways. What do you think?"

That sounded really lame.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

A few seconds passed while Martha contemplated Amelia’s question. The sun was really getting quite unbearable. Amelia had half a mind to take her cardigan off and tie it around her waist. Before she could do so, however, Martha started speaking, and Amelia didn’t want to interrupt her and seem rude.

The first thing Martha said was not of too much help to Amelia. So if Martha doesn’t know where we are either, what the hell’s going on? Maybe the teachers haven’t told everyone yet... I guess that’d make sense.

Martha was still talking, and if her first answer hadn’t helped Amelia, her second was even less helpful and more confusing. The spade was her weapon? Why the hell would we need weapons anyway? And who would give someone a spade of all things as a weapon?

Amelia was now very apprehensive. She grinned nervously at Martha, to see whether she was joking or not. Martha did not smile back, and instead carried on talking. The grin slowly disappeared from Amelia’s face, instead changing into a look of worried confusion. Wouldn’t the rest of the school be “sticking together” with them? Why did they need to protect each other? Just... what the fuck was going on?

“Look, woah, Martha, just slow down for a mo’, OK? My head’s really fuzzy and messed up and I can’t remember shit.” As she said this, Amelia tapped her head to emphasise her point. “I get the feeling something’s going on that I’m not aware of, so what exactly is that? I'd be totally cool with sticking with you... but why would I need to do so? Why do we need weapons? Do... Do I have a weapon?!”

Slightly startled, Amelia looked around quickly, half expecting a giant-ass sword to fall out of the sky. As she did, she remembered the backpack she was wearing, and quickly removed it from her back. Staring up at her was a crescent shaped metal object, that blended in with the colour of the backpack itself. Amelia grabbed one side of it, and lifted it up. As she did so, however, a sturdy wooden pole came with it, and Amelia realised that she was currently holding a heavy pickaxe by the axe part. She let go, and it dropped to the floor with a heavy thud. She quickly stretched out a hand to stop it from toppling over. Amelia stood there for a second, mouth slightly agape, before speaking directly to Martha.

“Right... Martha, can you please tell me just what the fuck is actually going on?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Martha gave the pick axe a quick look.

Well shit, that could be useful.

When Amelia asked her what was actually going on she snapped out of her thoughts. She had to think about her reply, because she really had no idea beyond what The Sheriff had said and she didn't know how trustworthy he was, but everything he had mentioned so far had happened, the pack, the collar...the weapon. She had nothing else to go on. She could only tell Amelia what she remembered.

"Remember when we were on the train?" It was a rhetorical question so Martha didn't wait for a response. "Well this strange voice came over the PA and it sounded like a stereotypical cowboy, he called himself the Sheriff and said something about us playing a game." It still sounded unreal to Martha even now but unless it was a very lucid dream everything she remembered had happened. "What he said after that was that everyone in our class was our enemy and that we had to kill them or die. So I guess the last person left alive gets to go home, I don't really know." She shook her head and held up the shovel. "And he said we'd each get a pack with supplies and a weapon, I'm assuming that the shovel is my weapon since there was nothing in my pack could be one. It's like how you have the pick-axe. I think everything else in our packs should be identical."

She reached a hand up to scratch her neck and felt the leather of the collar again. Suddenly remembering the importance of the collars she pointed at Amelia’s. "There's a collar around your neck. I don't remember what he said about them exactly but it was along the lines of don't mess with it. They're locked on tight too so you couldn't get them off if you tried." She let her arm fall back to her side. "That's all I know or remember, it's not much to go on but it's all we've got." Martha leant back on the fence and slid to the ground. The floor was hot from the heat but she didn't care, for all she knew it could be the last chance she got to just sit down. One thought however was still whirling around her head.

Kill or Die.

It was a bleak thought, but at the moment Martha didn't need to dwell on it. When the time came she would need to decide whether she was going to play the sick game The Sheriff had arranged, until then she would try to avoid killing, she didn't want to be a murderer. She looked up at Amelia and grinned slightly.

"But hey it's not all bad, I mean look at this lovely weather."
widespreadinman*

Post by widespreadinman* »

(Continued from Walking In a Desert Wonderland......)
The ranch seemed to grow bigger as Trevor approached it. In fact, it seemed too likely that someone would hide here.... But instead of preparing to defend himself, he merely walked inside the ranch's borders, calling out, "Hello? Anyone there?". Anyone worth their salt would probably be against yelling to find people in a game like this. However, Trevor felt that he needed at least a barterer, if not an ally. His eyes shifted around, making sure no one would jump out by surprise. At this rate, I'd probably miss the deaths of a few... but ah well..., he thought to himself.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler widespreadinman.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Martha briefly looked over the pickaxe, before launching straight into what Amelia hoped was her explanation. She started off by reminding Amelia of the train. Of course she remembered the train! Amelia always remembered the modes of travel she took to get to places. Amelia was going to reply, not realising it was a rhetorical question, but Martha kept on talking.

Amelia wasn’t sure what Martha was going to say, and was prepared for a lot of things. She certainly hadn’t been prepared for the answer she was given, however. A cowboy speaking over the train’s PA? That was pretty hard to believe. And yet Martha seemed completely and utterly sincere. And somewhere, deep down, Amelia knew Martha was speaking the truth.

As Martha spoke, the feeling grew and grew, and then, as she mentioned the packs, the whole memory of what had happened on the train came flooding back to Amelia. The train. Talking to Rebecca and Katie. The sudden stop. The voice over the PA. Kill your classmates. The gas. And now, here she was.

She had to kill or be killed. And her friends and classmates were the potential victims and murderers. There was no way out.

As soon as Amelia realised that, everything about her seemed to wilt. Her hands fell limply by her sides, and she looked down at the ground. She remembered that “The Sherriff” had said something about collars at the same time Martha mentioned it. She reached up to her neck, felt the warm, smooth leather around it. It was ominous, despite not visibly doing anything at the moment.

Martha seemed to have finished now. Amelia was fully aware of what was going on, too. She wasn’t sure what to say. What could you say to someone who just reminded you that you were almost certainly soon to die? Amelia felt like breaking down and crying, and laughing at Martha for possibly making a joke at the same time. What the hell could she do?

Don’t let her see you’re scared. Stay strong, keep calm, make sure no-one around you panics. Be yourself until the very end.

Amelia raised her head. She couldn’t stay depressed. She had to keep the hope alive. She could make it through this “game”. She still needed to sort her thoughts out, but that could wait for the moment.

Amelia managed a truly honest laugh at Martha’s comment about the weather. “Eh, the sun’s overrated.” She replied. “I prefer the snow, y’know?”

As Amelia said this, she heard another person’s voice from behind Martha. She looked past her to see who it was. She vaguely recognised the voice, and the face, but couldn’t quite tell who it was at this distance. Seeing an opportunity to “sort her thoughts out” before focusing on everything else, Amelia looked back at Martha.

“There’s... there’s someone behind you. Could you go and deal with him for the moment? I just... want to think by myself for a bit.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Martha turned and looked through a gap in the fence she could make out someone back there. Looking back at Amelia she spoke. "Yeah, I'll go deal with it. Look after my bag for me." Standing up and grabbing the shovel Martha hopped the fence and approached the newcomer. As she got closer she slowed down and took a moment to figure out who it was. Eventually she realised that it was Trevor Altahen. He was a likeable guy, Martha hadn't had too many interactions with him but none of them had left a bad taste in her mouth.

She called out once she got close. "Hey! Trevor. You okay?"

Martha really didn't have anything else to say so she lent on the fence and watched him. She didn't know how he was reacting to the whole situation so she was wary of a bullet in the brain if she did something he didn't like, but that didn't sound like Trevor so she shrugged it off.

It all depends on you right now.

Having to wait and see what someone else was going to do or say gave Martha a strange feeling, normally it wouldn't have been bad but the situation they were in made it slightly tense. But for now she waited to see what Trevor would do, she could think up a plan after that.
widespreadinman*

The response came to his ears. Normally, it would seem really odd that she knew his name. But Trevor recognized who the voice's owner was. It was that of Martha Stock, a female who he only met briefly during school. His mind eased, approaching the person.
"Yeah, I'm fine, Martha." he said calmly. "What about you?" Sure, the name of the game was to kill the students. Yet Trevor wasn't even slightly inclined to jam his knife into her neck. Or anywhere, for that matter. For now, it's just a bit of recuperation and hiding for him...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler widespreadinman.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Amelia was glad to see that Martha was happy to comply with her wishes. She leaped over the fence towards the newcomer, with a brief request for Amelia to look after her bag. Amelia nodded, even though she knew Martha couldn’t see her. She waited until Martha was near the newcomer, then sat down on the ground, and stared upwards into open space.

Amelia was silent for a moment, her thoughts in a huge messed up bundle. Finally she uttered a single word, low and under her breath.

“Fuck...”

Amelia could feel a couple of tears welling up. This wasn’t fair. This was complete bullshit. She was supposed to be back in Alderbrook, back in Canada, not in fucking Texas or wherever this place was! I never should have gone on that stupid trip... what was it even for, anyway? Was it just some stupid front for this whole thing? Jesus Christ...

But I’ve gotta stop feeling sorry for myself. No use sitting here crying ‘n shit. I am getting out of this place alive, and Martha is too, and that new guy, and Rebecca and Katie and every-fucking-one of us.

Amelia rubbed her eyes and stood up. She felt much better after her thoughts, and began to smile. There was always a way. “Gonna get out of here alive if it kills me.” She said, then managed to laugh as she realised how stupid that was. She picked up Martha’s bag, and her pickaxe, which she’d dropped earlier. It was fairly hefty, and Amelia didn’t see the need to carry it around all the time, so she hastily shoved it in Martha’s bag, before jogging towards where Martha and the newcomer were.

With a bag containing a pickaxe in her hand, Amelia didn’t feel like vaulting over the fence was a very good idea. She hooked the bag on her arm, then put both hands on the fence post and attempted to push herself upwards and over. Unfortunately, her foot managed to get caught on one of the horizontally running wooden planks. Amelia tumbled over the fence headfirst, Martha’s bag flying elsewhere. For the second time that morning, Amelia landed painfully on the hard dusty ground with a heavy thud. After a few seconds, Amelia managed to laugh. She propped herself up on her elbows, and looked up at the newcomer. It was Trevor Altahen, a guy who she’d talked to a couple of times, but wasn’t one of her best friends at school. He’d seemed nice, though.

“Hey there, Trev!” Amelia shouted, still giggling slightly. “Hopefully that fall’s the most damage I’ll get today! And, uh, sorry about your bag, Martha. My pickaxe is in there too.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Martha didn't have to think hard about her reply to the question Trevor had asked her.

"I'm doing good."

Not being dead will forever be a good thing.

While she had told Amelia everything she knew, she didn't know how much Trevor knew and needed to try and gauge that before she moved on with the discussion. Martha had no idea if Trevor would try to deceive her or be honest with her, so she would need to be careful how much she told him of what she knew.

"I woke up here and with this shovel-"

Martha was interrupted by Amelia falling over the fence.

"Hopefully that fall's the most damage I'll get today! And, uh, sorry about your bag, Martha. My pickaxe is in there too."

There goes that plan.

Martha couldn't stop smiling as she jumped over the fence after Amelia and went to collect her bag. Amelia had still managed to remain cheery, but then maybe she was trying to hide her fear or had just decided she was making the best of what was happening. Martha had to remember to ask her sometime. It was good as it meant she wouldn't have to hang around with someone who was being pessimistic the whole time. It wouldn't do much for her morale either.

"Got ya, I'll carry it for a while." She said as she slung the bag over her shoulder, the pickaxe was heavier than she realised and it was sitting awkwardly in a way that was digging into her shoulder so she dropped it back to the floor, she didn't need it right now anyway.

"So I guess you've both met, cool. At least we don't have to worry about awkward introductions. Do you know about this game we have to play Trevor? Because I really don't feel like explaining it a second time."

Plus it means I can still check how much you know.

Martha didn't really have any idea how she should try and play this, she had been caught off guard by Amelia's entrance and had lost her train of thought. She was in an awkward situation and beyond just waiting for it to play out she didn't have a plan. She could offer Trevor the chance to join her and Amelia, but she didn't even know if Amelia was going to stick with her. Plus the more people you added to a team the harder it became to keep everything organised and make decisions, but a third person would be good to help settle any disputes. She could as Amelia, but would be hard to do discretely. For now it didn't matter since Trevor didn't seem too likely to attack them, so Martha was fine with letting him answer her question and then working from there.
widespreadinman*

"Well... to be quite honest, I dunno much about it either." Trevor replied. "The only things I know are the rough layout of this area, what's in my bag, and that this knife I woke up with can carve wood. And don't worry, Martha. I don't really want an explanation."
Though he was rather vocal in school, Trevor didn't know how to respond in this kind of situation. He looked to the sky, sighing at it's lack of clouds. All he could do was hope for the best, and try to live long in this game. Other than that, he was stuck. His bartering skills seemed a bit inappropriate at the moment, considering how the other two women have bags like his.
"So... what's the plan on getting through?" he said.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

For a brief moment, Amelia wondered whether laughing had been such a good idea. She was pretty sure it would have been suitable back in Canada, but right here, right now? If people were feeling particularly on edge, she could potentially lose two allies. Thankfully, she saw Martha smiling and walking off to recollect her bag.

Amelia uttered a “Cheers” and jumped to her feet, brushing the dust off of her jeans and top. She doubted she’d be able to carry something as heavy as the pickaxe around for the whole of the “game”, however long it would be. Martha at least played volleyball, so she was stronger, and could hopefully carry the thing.

Martha began to speak, and mentioned Trevor, which caused Amelia to look towards the guy. To be completely honest, she’d briefly forgotten that he was there. She’d been more focused on her fall, and Trevor hadn’t reacted at all to it. However, he was speaking now, and Amelia hoped that he could enlighten her some more about the nature of this... thing.

Or... maybe not. Oh well. There isn’t really too much more to know, is there?

There was silence. Amelia contemplated her, as well as Martha and Trevor’s, situation. They were a three strong group, who knew each other pretty well. She was pretty sure that they all had quite a few connections with other classmates, which meant they could quite easily form a larger group. Their weapons were... well, there were certainly better, but a pickaxe and a knife weren’t too bad, were they? And a spade, while no match for a gun, could certainly do some damage.

All in all? We’re lookin’ pretty damn good.

Trevor spoke up again, this time asking whether there was any sort of plan on how they’d survive. Amelia spoke up almost immediately.

“I think we can all agree that we’re not going along with that Sherriff guy’s plans. I’m not going to... um... kill anybody. At least, not actively search out for people and then kill them. I mean, if someone attacks me, and there’s no other option, then, uh... yeah...”

Wow, way to make a good speech suck...
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"So you mean you'd kill in self-defense?" Martha nodded. "It sounds like a good idea. Don't want to attract unwanted attention and killing people will do that." As she replied however a thought entered her head uninvited.

Someone has to die

Someone had to die so that the winner could...well win. Even if they did all work together and survive to the end it would require a deliberate plan to kill someone. It was an ugly thought but Martha couldn't stop thinking how true it was. She did however know that trying to convince herself or others of the benefits of killing was an even uglier idea. One that Martha would never vocalise.

The weapons they had were alright, although a gun would have been nice. They had three sets of gear as well as three sets of eyes and ears so that was a plus. The only issue was what they were going to do next. Martha had been working on plans this whole time based on them sticking together and while it seemed to be the case with Amelia at least, Trevor was a mystery still, he hadn't said one way or the other if he was going to stick around. She was assuming he was though. Although it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Trevor, me and Amelia are probably going to end up travelling and working together through this game, it'll probably be safer than us working alone and if you want you can join us." Martha shrugged lamely at the end of the offer, she hadn't really thought through what she was going to say so that was all she had.

I mean hey it can't hurt to have more people, it'll make it safer...I need a good plan.
widespreadinman*

Trevor thought about Martha's offer for a second. He only had a knife, and very little to trade. Might as well go along for the safety of it. He gave a nod to the girls. "Yeah, I'll join you." he said. "After all, there's a good chance I'll get shot alone." He pulled out his knife, slinging the bag over his shoulders. "Oh, might wanna keep your weapons handy. Never know if we have to defend along the way..." In all fairness, he didn't anticipate on being attacked. But hey, a small plan's better than no plan, right. He looked at the other two, scratching his head. "So are we headed elsewhere now? Or just holdin' out here?"

Return to “The Ranch”