The Great Elsewhere

The only indication that this worn out building was at any point the home of a practitioner is the faded sign out the front proclaiming it to be "Doc Morris's Clinic". The inside is dingy and rotting - the floorboards make for precarious footing, and the cabinets have long since been raided of anything useful.
Cash Money*

The Great Elsewhere

Post by Cash Money* »

((Martin Ricco continued from Uphill and Against the Wind))

Nobody. They had found absolutely nobody.

As soon as they had left the Sheriff's office, they thought they had heard voices from across the way. The four of them went off in search of the source, but it was no good. The sounds were too intermittent to really follow, and every time they poked their heads into a building to check for signs of life, the buildings were silent. Or had they merely fallen silent?

Martin couldn't imagine that there was anyone who wouldn't want to at least acknowledge the foursome's existence. If they were hiding, wouldn't they come out swinging? Or maybe there were others. He'd thought it once before, and now it was starting to nag: Anybody with the means to pull this off might have brought in an extra train. Maybe even his own people to try to stir things up. That wouldn't even carry the risk that kidnapping a second train full of high schoolers would.

What was he thinking? That hardly made any sense. Of course it didn't make sense. The Sheriff was dropping enough hints on the train about what they were going to be doing, so he would have probably made some sort of smart comment about bewaring of friendly strangers or something. But still, you never know...

The group came to one of the larger streets. Whether they had been here before Martin wasn't sure. He held up a finger and stopped in his tracks, a signal to wait. He listened very carefully for the telltale timbre of a voice. Instead he got the wind. The wind that, because he was straining so hard to hear, was forming itself into ghosts of syllables, not-quite-echoes, attempts to be something that might be what they wanted.

And he got the horizon. Looking down the main street made something hit home about where they were. Previously, he had been looking at the buildings, at places. But looking down a street as straight as 1800s home-grown architecture could manage, he saw a vanishing point. It was something he didn't tend to notice except when looking at paintings. But here, this here was a clinic on how to do perspective the right way. More importantly, though, was that the little bit of horizon he could see past all the buildings was flat. Light brown met light blue at a perfect line. And that line merely underscored how alone they were. Martin had always been somewhere his whole life, but this place? This was somewhere else.

Martin addressed the group. "I don't think we found anybody." He looked at the others. They were starting to get tired, he could tell. Not in any catastrophic way; it was merely frustration and heavy lifting taking their toll. And what a coincidence, they had another building right there to check out and maybe sit down in. It claimed to be "Doc Morris's Clinic," but what it really was was a building that didn't look quite so dessicated as the others. A fair degree more dilapidated, sure, but its shade, for some reason, looked particularly appealing.

"Does anybody wanna take a break?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cash Money. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

(Amanda Clearwater continued from Uphill and Against the Wind)

Well this was annoying! They hadn't found anyone, and they had thought they heard people. They probably had, but people were probably scared. Especially if they weren't safe with a group like she was.

It was hot out too, she hadn't noticed as much when she first had left that post office, but now it seemed hotter. It was getting to be later in the afternoon she supposed. Made sense.

They had found a Doctor's Clinic, which was cool. As soon as people knew about it, they would probably take a look at it. "Yeah, okay Martin." A break sounded good, it might be a good thing to get some rest. She pushed open the door.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

((Roy Benson continued from Uphill and Against the Wind))

Fuck.

Yeah. Fuck. That was a good word.

Roy had been sure he’d heard voices when he’d been standing guard outside the sheriff’s office, and apparently the rest of the group had too. That had been the first thing they’d done after setting off; they’d gone in the direction of the voices. But no matter where they went, no matter how many buildings they stuck their heads into, they couldn’t find anyone. Not a soul. Roy considered the possibility that it had just been the wind playing tricks on them. Or maybe they’d been stupid enough to mistake their echoes for other people. Wow, that’d be pretty embarrassing...

Speaking of wind, it was not helping Roy’s increasingly bad mood in the slightest. It wasn’t nice, cooling wind like back in Alderbrook. No, this desert wind was harsh and felt like it was made of tiny particles of heat rather than wind. To make matters worse, it would occasionally pick up particles of sand, which had managed to get in his eyes twice. And, of course, the sun was still beating down on the group un-relentlessly.

Roy was still rubbing his eyes when the group stopped outside the clinic. He was sweating buckets, and was getting frustrated and angry. Roy knew that he had a temper, and always tried to keep it in check around friends, but he’d been growing irritated at the group for the stupidest reasons. He was angry at Martin, his good friend, because he hadn’t found anyone. He was annoyed at Amanda, for being, in his eyes, useless so far. And he was pissed at Leo because... well, because it was Leo. That one was just Roy’s general feelings.

Martin had been doing something involving standing very still and looking at the horizon for a while. Roy rolled his eyes at this. He’d already assumed they were in a desert; he didn’t need Martin to point that fact out to him.

Dude, just... calm the fuck down, okay? Martin’s your friend, and you’re just tired and angry at this whole “game”. Take a couple breaths, and stay calm.

“I don’t think we found anybody.”

Well, there goes that aim.

Roy used his right hand to lean slightly on his rolling pin. “No, really?” he muttered under his breath, sarcasm painfully obvious. “Did the total lack of people give you that clue?”

Roy sighed and straightened up. They’d found some sort of landmark, at least. A clinic, “Doc Morris’ Clinic” to be precise. Maybe now people could come and find them, instead of the other way around. Roy was just about to follow Amanda inside the clinic, when he looked at Martin, and a realisation and though struck him.

He was frustrated at the moment, and was taking it out on Martin. He was sure that that was likely to happen again in the future. But no matter how many times it did happen, Roy knew that he cared about the other three. Even Leo. He didn’t want to see anything bad happen to them. He would stick with them and protect them until the end, whenever that would be.

Roy stopped where he was, took a look at the welcoming innards of the clinic, then turned back to Martin.

“Hey, uh, Martin! You want me to stick outside again, guard this place or something?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

((Leo Raclaw continued from Uphill and Against the Wind))

"Dear God, yes!" He replied, as he followed Roy to the door. He was being sarcastic, but someone had to do it for Leo. How long had they been chasing phantom geese? Too damn long. Leo had taken off his long sleeved shirt and hat during the search.

Stopping in the middle he looked both ways. This was a doctor's office, essentially. Those had some kind of bed in them, right?

"Dibs on bed" He called out behind himself, as his feet took him down the hall. There could be someone hiding here waiting to kill him, well at this point let them. Leo could already feel the sunburn on his skin.

First room had a cot, score. He was about to sit on it when a sudden wave of guilt came over him. Normally, he ignored this feeling. Apathy was a great thing in the life of a lazy fuck like him, but he was having trouble getting over it. They had walked just as much as he did, and, well, yeah and stuff.

He let a groan echo inwardly, and turned around to walk back to the group.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

Everybody seemed to be okay with the idea. Okay enough, more accurately. Amanda seemed to be doing relatively alright, but Roy was not in the best of moods, and Leo looked like he was just out of it. Martin would be lying if he said he didn't feel a little drained either. Dust was everywhere, sticking to him and just generally making him feel filthier than he'd ever felt after a practice, and the heat was working its way into his every movement, making everything start to feel a lot less effortless.

Amanda opened the door, and they all went inside. Roy asked him if he should guard the place this time. He answered, "No, I'll take it this time. It's good to trade off."

He then took a step inside and observed. The place looked worse on the inside than it did outside. The entire place felt dank, and there was a faint whiff of plant matter. It would have been a nice change of pace from being so hot outside, except for the sneaking suspicion that the place might be growing mold or something. Nothing looked anything like a doctor's office - no table to lie down on, no stethoscope, nothing. Martin figured that there probably wasn't much in the way of medicine back then anyway - give people some snake oil for whatever ailed them and cross your fingers. The entry room was so bare, in fact, that the first thing that caught his attention was the big dent in the floor.

"Hey guys, watch your step. The floorboards are kinda suspect," he called out as he noticed Leo running off and everyone generally scattering. He took another step, and surely enough, the board he tested bent under the weight. He lost his footing, not having expected the wood to be quite so pliable, and fell against the wall, getting another splinter. Right next to the other one, too.

Having recovered, he walked very carefully back to the entrance and slumped against the wall. He looked out onto an afternoon sky and an empty street. There was absolutely nothing to see.

His attention drifted to his hand. He fiddled with the parts of the splinters that stuck out for a few moments before his gaze snapped back to the street. You never know what you might miss, Martin.

He called back to Roy, "So what do you think is even going on here?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cash Money. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Amanda watched as Leo ran off, the clinic was empty. No surprise there she guessed. Well, maybe, everywhere they had looked so far had people, but they hadn't heard anyone this time. Martin agreed to keep watch this time instead of Roy. When the floorboards started bending under him she freaked a little, to be honest. They hadn't done much under her weight, but he was bigger than her.

And what was going on? "Oh I guess not much here, should we go somewhere else to look for people?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

A moment passed before Martin replied, during which Leo decided to run past the pair of them into the building. Once Roy’s favourite classmate had disappeared, Martin spoke up, saying that he was gonna stand guard this time. Roy inadvertently broke into a smile. Thank God. It’ll be good to get into some shade, without being locked up in a cell. His previous feeling of anger was quickly ebbing away. Even if they hadn’t found anyone, at least they were safe for the moment, and right now, that was probably the group’s main priority.

Roy nodded as Martin stepped inside the clinic. “Alright, cool.” He said, as he followed Martin inside. “I’m hoping that means that Leo’ll have to keep watch too?” Roy’s annoyance still hadn’t completely faded, so it felt good to take it out on someone.

The clinic itself was dank and musty, with an odd smell of dirt and undergrowth. In comparison to the Sheriff’s office, the whole place seemed empty, almost ransacked. There was literally nothing in the entry room, save for a dent in the floorboard that Martin seemed oddly fascinated by. Roy paid no interest in it, until he took a step further into the room, and the floorboards creaked ominously underneath him. He froze where he was looking over towards Martin. Amanda seemed unaffected by the whole thing. Roy guessed that his height and weight had something to do with the creaking. For a moment, it looked as if Martin too had been unaffected. Suddenly, however, he took a step forwards, and the floorboard dipped out of view, throwing Martin off balance, sending him falling against the wall. Roy winced as he bore witness to it; the fall looked painful.

“Shit, Martin, you okay?” Roy yelled, from his position next to the front door. To his relief, Martin quickly recovered, started walking back towards the door, although taking obvious care not to step on any other warped floorboards. Roy was about to follow him out of the door, when Amanda asked something to the group at large. Roy shook his head. “No, not yet, Amanda.” He replied. “I think we should stay here for a while longer. Other people might be attracted to buildings like this, and besides, we should probably rest a while.” With that, he walked outside to join Martin.

“So what do you think is going on here?”

The question caught Roy off guard completely. It was an important thing to know, for sure, but he’d pushed it to the back of his mind ever since they’d all left the sheriff’s office. Roy sat against the wall next to Martin, and gazed into open space for a while. Then, he slowly tilted his head back towards Martin.

“Honestly? I... don’t really know.” Normally, this was Roy’s generic answer to things he couldn’t be bothered to answer, which didn’t exactly increase most people’s idea of him as being an intelligent person. Now though, he honestly had no clue what was going on. “I’d have guessed it was some terrorist stunt or something, but... just what exactly has anyone got to prove by kidnapping a bunch of teenagers and forcing them to fucking murder each other?”

Roy was silent for a moment, before he spoke up again. “I know there’s a couple of people from Alderbrook that aren’t exactly friendly... y’know, like Richard and people like him... but I just don’t see anyone trying to kill each other, do you? We’ve all known each other for so long...” Roy fell silent again, his words trailing off. Part of him honestly did believe in the words he’d just said, but the rest of him knew he was just trying to help keep Martin’s spirits up. There was no use being hopelessly optimistic, not now, not in a place like this. Sure, he was certain there was a way out, but he knew that other people might not see it that way.

Roy gazed out at the street, before his attention snapped back to what was going on around him. He removed his rucksack, and started rummaging around inside. Eventually, he found what he’d been searching for; the hard white box that was the first aid kit. Flipping it open, Roy instantly found what he’d been looking for. “Here.” He said, holding the metal tweezers out towards Martin. “They should help with the splinters.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

Hiding a giggle when seeing Martin's foot go though a floorboard, Leo counted his lucky stars they didn't give under his fat ass. All two of them. Maybe less, what was the average amount of lucky stars per person? Probably none, since nobody mattered enough to have their own star. Then again, he had his own constellation.

Then Martin asked about what was going on here, and apparently Leo was the only one here with active brain power.

"It's obvious," He began. "A bunch of retarded Americans, as redundant as that is, somehow got enough money and man power to do this." There was nothing about his companions intelligence in this, but he wanted to stay on their good side.

"So we're stuck here until we're rescued."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

Amanda replied first. Martin didn't have to specify his question, though, because Leo barged in next.

"It's obvious, a bunch of retarded Americans, as redundant as that is, somehow got enough money and man power to do this."

Martin stopped scanning the street for a few precious seconds. "Well, yeah, Leo, but we don't even know what 'this' even is yet."

He saw Roy walking towards the door as he glanced back. He was the next to say something.

"Honestly? I... don't really know. I'd have guessed it was some terrorist stunt or something, but... just what exactly has anyone got to prove by kidnapping a bunch of teenagers and forcing them to fucking murder each other?"

Martin had no idea until he said something about having something to prove. Terrorists always had something to prove, didn't they? They were out to prove that they could screw with peoples' lives any time they wanted. They were out to strike terror into the hearts of ordinary people. But that just usually involved something exploding. Roy continued:

"I know there's a couple of people from Alderbrook that aren't exactly friendly... y'know, like Richard and people like him... but I just don't see anyone trying to kill each other, do you? We've all known each other for so long..."

Suddenly, something clicked.

"Well maybe that's just it. If this guy is a terrorist, he wants to prove a point. He wants to prove that he can take any train he wants and kidnap everybody on board, but if he was just any other terrorist, he'd have blown the train sky-high."

He paused to gather his thoughts. "I think this guy kidnapped us because he wants to see if we actually end up killing each other. This sick bastard read Lord of the Flies and wanted to try it out for himself. He wants to prove that even a tight-knit little Canadian community will rip itself to shreds if given the right tools. That just means we have to prove him wrong."

Roy handed him some tweezers. He reached out for the tweezers without taking his gaze off the street, thanking him. He brought his hand up to his face so he could work on it while not looking away. This was even though he wasn't even looking at the street anymore. He wasn't looking at anything. He just stared off into the space just in front of his hand.

What he was really looking at was the grim mental picture he'd just painted for himself. He was fairly confident in his classmates' ability not to kill each other, but Lord of the Flies kept circling around in his head. As much as he had hated reading that book (oh, but what he would give to be reading it back at his house again), it seemed believable that those kids would off each other like that.

Just don't let anyone kill anyone else, Martin. If that happens we might never get out.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Roy was making some sense, no one would kill each other, if they did they'd be crazy. "Yeah, even Richard wouldn't do that." And then Leo chimed in on his view. "Wait, isn't America on our side?" Of course it was probably some rogue American, but still, they were on the same side, right? She didn't pay the best attention in school, but she was pretty sure that the neighbors to the south were all right. But wait to be rescued? "Aren't we trying to find people to help stop this ourselves?"

Lord of the Flies? She didn't remember much of that book, there was an island right? And then didn't some of them go crazy or something? She didn't really remember, she had mostly skimmed it anyway. Not the time to ask anyway.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

As soon as Roy had passed the tweezers over to Martin, Leo started to speak. Roy prepared himself for the worst. Sure enough, Leo’s statement was as inane as... well, pretty much everything else he said. Roy glared at him when he mentioned “retarded Americans”. They were in a serious situation, and all he could do was make snide remarks as usual? Jesus. Just fucking stop. You don’t have any idea what’s going on, you just want to seem clever and hi-fucking-larious, as always.

Roy wasn’t really listening to Martin when he spoke up, instead looking out into the distance, trying to focus on something that wasn’t Leo or the damn game. He didn’t really think the whole reality of the situation had sunken in quite yet. They were in a desert, for God’s sake, and had been given weapons to kill their friends. Roy kinda wished he wasn’t so cynical. At least then he could convince himself that the whole thing was just a dream.

“I think this guy kidnapped us because he wants to see if we actually end up killing each other.”

Roy brought his attention back to Martin, and what he was currently saying. The more he heard, the more his face twisted into a look of disgust and disdain. After Martin had finished speaking, Roy looked back into the distance for a moment before speaking.

“That’s just fucking sick... Jesus Christ...”

So, the guy’s making us kill each other... just to prove that we can. What the fuck. What. The. Fuck? Roy shook his head, and stood up, using his right hand to steady himself against the doorframe. The worst part about the guy’s plan was the fact that it would actually work. Give a bunch of kids a situation with only one apparent way out, and chances are at least one of them would blindly follow the guy’s orders. Well, at least there were four of them that wouldn’t be sheep. They’d find some way of getting out of the game.

Amanda now spoke up, mostly questioning the rest of the group. When she mentioned the fact that she thought they were going to actively search for people, Roy raised an eyebrow, and glared at Leo again. “Yeah” Roy said, annoyance in every syllable. “I thought that was the plan too. I guess someone didn’t get the memo.”

Roy sighed, looked down at the ground, then back up at the group. “So, anyway! D’you think it’s worth me looking around inside a bit more, see if there’s anything useful? Could be, I dunno, medicine or something left lying around.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

What the hell do you think this is? Sparta? Leo thought at Martin's response. Regardless, they went on about a possible deeper motive. Leo just lean against a wall and watched until Amanda reminded everyone of the plan.

"Oh, that shit." He said, ignoring Roy's jab at him. Whatever memo he was talking about was probably shoved up his ass anyways.

"We're doing that too, of course." Then he started asking Martin what he should do, and Leo let himself sink to the ground. If Roy was willing to do all the work, why stop him?

Exactly. He took another small drink of water and let the world happen around himself.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

Roy and Leo were sniping at each other a lot more now, Roy because something had gotten to him and Leo because that was just what he did. Martin had let it happen until now because he figured everybody pretending to get along would be worse than openly voicing disagreements, but this was too much. He finished tweezing his second splinter - actually, "finished" didn't quite fit, more like "stopped screwing with" - and without taking his eyes off of the small division of space that happened to reside in between him and the street, spoke up.

"Stop it guys. Just... stop talking. Amanda's right. The more people we get with us, the less chance one of them's going to get any ideas."

Wait... that's not how it works! Everybody in Lord of the Flies killed when they were in a group! Is that even applicable here? Never mind.

Roy then mentioned the possibility of there being stuff at the clinic. They were just here for a break, but it wouldn't hurt double checking.

"So... yeah. Let's look around for stuff a bit longer, and then look for people some more before it gets dark. I doubt we even wanna sleep here anyway."

He handed the tweezers back to Roy, unblinking. The possibility that this was going to end well was becoming more remote by the second. There was no way this could have been a joke. Everything was just too well done. Martin was used to being the load bearer, but never like this. There were lives on the line. He wasn't sure if he was up to it.

As he stood up, never quite looking away, something else crept into his field of view, something he hadn't made acquaintance with in some time: his self-doubt.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Amanda hated the fighting between Roy and Leo. Couldn't they just get along for a little bit? No, she guessed they couldn't. At least they were in a group, instead of running off on their own, having who knows what happen to them.

But Martin and Roy wanted to find stuff here, she was fine with that. Something to distract them from bad attitudes, then they could get back to the real goal: Finding people, and saving them. "Sure guys, I'll check in the back."

Now would anything last here?
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Roy ignored Leo’s reply. It had probably been yet another smartass, lazy-as-fuck remark, and Roy had heard enough of those for one day. Nevertheless, he rolled his eyes, just to show Leo what he thought of him.

Martin then decided to speak up. Roy expected it to be something about what the group should do next. To his surprise, however, Martin instead told him and Leo to shut up. Well, shit. Wasn’t expecting that...

For a few seconds Roy just stared at Martin, before running his good hand through his hair. “Yeah... uh, sorry...” he muttered

The next thing Martin said was more along the lines of what Roy had expected; confirmation for Roy to look through the clinic. Martin handed the tweezers back to Roy, who absentmindedly put them in his pocket. Roy knelt down to pick up his rolling pin, as Amanda offered to help search as well. Roy didn’t exactly think that was necessary; it wasn’t a large building, after all. Still, two people would get the job done quicker.

Roy stood up, and walked back into the clinic. It still had that strange, musty odour, and somehow looked even more decrepit than last time. Roy saw a doorway leading off to the west, so he decided to head there first, stepping with much more care than normal, after he’d seen how unstable the floorboards were. One look through the doorframe was all Roy needed to know that nothing worthwhile was going to come out of the clinic. There was nothing inside apart from a row of cabinets on the floor, and a window caked in so much dirt and dust it was a miracle it was letting any light through at all.

Roy carefully strode into the room, and placed the rolling pin on the floor, before beginning to open the cabinets. There were four in all, and each of them were entirely useless. The first two contained a large quantity of dust. The third, to Roy’s disgust, contained what looked like the decomposing body of a rat, which he quickly hid from view by slamming the door shut. The fourth and final cabinet was home to nothing but a large spider web, complete with large spider. Roy slammed that door shut too, this time out of frustration. This whole stop was a waste of fucking time. No people here, nothing to use, not even a fucking bed. Even if we weren’t going to rest here, coulda used the legs as weapons or something.

Picking his rolling pin up, Roy carefully made his way out of the room, and back outside. It was still far too hot and dusty, but at least it didn’t smell so weird. “Yeah, there’s nothing in there we could use at all, unless you wanted a dead rat for whatever reason.” Roy announced. “Not even any beds, as far as I could see, so we couldn’t stay here even if we’d wanted to.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Doctor's Clinic”