Uphill and Against the Wind

M01 Start; Open

A small and unassuming building with a modestly sized sign in the shape of a star, the Sherrif's office is in surprisingly good repair. Inside can be found a desk, filing cabinets and a pair of beds, as well as a small holding cell in an annex. The key is probably still somewhere around...
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Uphill and Against the Wind

Post by Pippi »

M01, Roy Benson-Start

To say that Roy Dylan Benson was having a bad day would be quite the understatement. It had started off relatively normally; he’d overslept, and had had trouble getting out of bed, as usual, thanks to his arm. He’d only just got to school in time, just so he could go on some trip he’d pretty much forgotten about. Roy couldn’t actually remember where his class was going for the trip. Not that that actually mattered anymore.

The trip had, for some reason, required everyone getting on a train. Roy had taken a window seat near the back. He was pretty sure one of his friends had sat next to him, but he couldn’t remember who; maybe it had been Warren, or Martin, or maybe Lucy, Patrick or Tito. Again, that didn’t really matter anymore.

As soon as the train had started to move, things had become weirder and shittier. After a short while the train had ground to a halt. Roy had merely dismissed it as a routine stop, despite the fact he couldn’t actually see a train station. Then, a voice had sounded over the PA system, a southern sounding drawl. He’d started talking about some nonsense, that Roy wasn’t interested in in the lightest. Until, that is, the man mentioned the words “kill or be killed”. Then, things had gotten scary.

The guy obviously wasn’t messing around; Roy instantly knew that he, and everyone else, was in deep shit. Some of his classmates had started throwing themselves at doors and windows, to no avail. Roy had still been trying to recover from the news that he’d be “receiving a weapon” and that he had to “kill all of his classmates”, when the gas entered the train. And then, there had been nothing but black.

And now here he was. Stuck inside a fucking jail cell. That just about summed it all up. He had no idea where he was, aside from inside a cell, he had a broken arm, and there was a mysterious and eerie collar fastened around his neck. Roy was currently slumped against one wall of the cell. His bag was lying opposite him, having been thrown there in a fit of anger when he’d first woken up. Roy sighed and spoke for the first time in “The Zone”

“Fuck this shit.”

It wasn’t eloquent, it wasn’t subtle, but it sure as hell conveyed Roy’s mood. Slowly, Roy stood up, using his good arm to steady himself, and walked over to his bag. Why kidnap the fucking cripple, eh? Just get someone to laugh at, is that it? Fuck you, whoever you are.

Roy opened the bag, again with much slower movements than he’d have liked. It was just like back in Alderbrook; simple chores were a true hassle with his broken arm. However, Roy knew he needed to open the bag, seeing as it contained what could possibly be the only thing that kept him alive.

The first thing Roy saw was arrows, and his heart sank. Reaching deeper into the bag, he pulled out all of the arrows, and then finally, the bow itself. It was wooden, and appeared to be fairly well carved. And, of course, completely fucking useless to Roy. He stared at it for a few seconds, before turning and hurling it at the bars of the cell with as much force as his one hand could muster. It clattered against the bars, and landed, looking no worse for wear. At least it’s sturdy. Because that totally makes up for the fact it’s useless.

Roy was still pissed. He lashed out, and kicked the bars of the cell, making a dull metallic clang. It did more damage to Roy than to the bars, but God was it necessary. “You’re just fucking around with me, aren’t you?” Roy muttered, partially to himself, but mostly to that voice he’d heard on the train, wherever he was. “You put a cripple in this “game”, stick him in a fucking jail cell without a key, and then give him a weapon he could use expertly if it wasn’t for this GODDAMN ARM.”

Angry, frustrated and slightly scared, Roy sighed and picked up the arrows lying on the floor, putting them in the pockets of his coat and tracksuit bottoms. With that, he slumped to the floor again. All he could do now, was wait.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

[[M11: Leo Raclaw, Start Game?

Game Loading...]]

Seriously, did some retards get bored? There way much better ways to be a terrorist, or whatever it was they were doing. Maybe they were being stupid, and why the fuck were they on the train anyways? He should've convinced his sister to call him in with AIDS or something.

Groaning, Leo looked at the plunger again. They must be idiots to think that this is a weapon. The American twit on the PA was probably wearing a helmet.

A helmet with a tiny cowboy hat on it. Leo laughed at the image as he tossed the plunger away. This whole thing was stupid. Either a joke, or this was serious and the authorities would be here any moment. Where ever "here" was. Where they actually in America?

He walked slowly into the sheriff's office, the gas was stuck onto his brain. He just needed a place to hang for a bit, a place out of the sun. As he made it through the halls he saw Roy, a jock who broke his arm recently, and a bow.

That's just hilarious. He thought, concealing a grin. Dulling the look on his face Leo asked,

"Troy, right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

(Martin Ricco and Amanda Clearwater continued from Wait we do WHAT?!)

Martin and Amanda had been walking through town for quite a while. The whole scene felt unreal, most likely caused by the town's appearance resembling every movie cliche he could think of. He'd seen spaghetti westerns before, but nothing was quite so odd as walking around in one. He even saw a tumbleweed blow across the street. Since when did that actually ever happen? Tumbleweeds had to have existed for them to make it into the movies, but seeing them bounce across a dirt road was just freaky.

Not to mention there were bullet holes in several of the buildings. He couldn't fathom there being any gunfights happening in town, at least not yet, and so they had to be there because of something that had happened before they had gotten there. He found that they looked a lot different up close, and felt different too. Bullet holes gave movie sets a lived-in feel, like there was some history to the place. They never let you imagine the history, though, because it was rarely important to the story. Now, though, there was no story except the one they were writing, and as a result the history of violence - as spelled out in perverse braille on the walls - hung unsettlingly over the whole affair.

Martin glanced down at the ground to get a good look at the kind of dirt road they were on, but his eyes immediately latched onto his bright blue Italy jersey instead of the light dusty brown everything else around him seemed to be. He never would have thought of it this way before, but wow, that's kind of conspicuous in this landscape. He hoped that didn't come back to bite him.

Finally, he noticed a rather new-looking building. It looked like it was in relatively good repair, and given the lack of windows, it probably merited a closer look than the other buildings. He said, "Amanda, I think we should check in here," breaking the silence that had started to pervade the environment once they had stopped thinking of things to talk about. "If there's anyone in town, they'll probably go for the nicer-looking building." He changed course, angling towards the building as he walked as briskly as ever.

They slowly entered the building, relieved to be out of the heat. They found themselves in an office, with several stacks of paper more or less neatly organized and spaced around the central desk, and not much else. There were a couple of beds off to one side, but those could wait. Martin peeked his head around the corner of the hallway leading away from the office. There, barely illuminated by a tiny window, was someone. He didn't quite recognize them just yet - his eyes weren't quite fully adjusted to the light - but he managed to make out that he looked like he was talking to someone else. He spoke up, not quite sure how to proceed:

"Hi, uh... you in there?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cash Money. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Luckily for Roy, he didn’t have too long to wait. In fact it was only a couple of minutes after he’d slumped against the wall. He heard footsteps, and jumped up expectantly, relief clearly visible on his face. This relief, however, was quickly wiped away, when he saw who the person actually was. Leo Raclaw. A guy with a penchant for distasteful jokes, and laziness. Whenever they were playing team sports back at Alderbrook, Leo would inevitably be on Roy’s team. Suffice to say, he was not Roy’s first pick of people to meet.

Roy’s face had by now turned into a scowl. His bad mood was increased when Leo called him “Troy”. Roy had to restrain himself from lashing out at the bars again. There isn’t even anyone in our year called Troy, you moron!

Roy felt like he had to vent some anger, and what better way to do so than yelling at someone? He took a deep breath to see whether that would cam it down. It didn’t, and so Roy started talking to Leo, his voice fairly level and calm, but with a definite hint of anger that grew with every syllable.

“No, Leo, it is not Troy. My name is Roy, Leo. We’ve been at the same school for the past few years, Leo, so the least you could have done is learnt my fucking name, Leo.”

It was only after he’d finished his speech that Roy remembered that he was still in a jail cell. Calling out the only person he’d seen so far was unlikely to change that fact anytime soon. Roy smacked his good hand against his head, and groaned. Well, I can at least try to get him to help, can’t I?

“Hey, look, Leo?” Roy said, his hand still partially obscuring his face. “Have you, by any chance, seen-“

Roy’s words were cut off by a voice, coming from behind Leo. Roy was kind of surprised to note that he couldn’t actually see the owner of the voice. The building he was in obviously had no lighting, and very few windows. However, Roy did recognise the voice. Marco Ricco, more commonly known as Martin, was a good friend of Roy. The two often played soccer against each other, and Martin was one of the few people who knew of Roy’s passion for writing.

“Hey, Martin! Martin, is that you?” Roy called out, ignoring Leo’s presence. He hoped it was Martin, a friendly face would do him the world of good.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Amanda could hear the what sounded like an argument from inside. Uh-oh. Well, maybe she help sort it out. Martin would, they could both help. Definitely. She heard one of the guy's ask if it was Martin.

"Yep, we're trying to put a group together!" Yeah then they could figure out what to do to stop all this. It was just too horrible to imagine anyone actually going along with it.
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

That grin wouldn't be held back forever. Then Leo realized that Roy was stuck in here. Roy was the kid who got in Leo's face when he didn't bother in gym's team sports idiocy, and he probably would've booked if he could.

Maybe I could jack the keys, and make Roy here one less problem for me to worry about. That went to hell when Martin and Amanda came in. They were nice enough, but not Leo's people. Regardless, he gave a smile and a half-assed wave when Martin greeted him.

"Sounds cool." Leo replied in faux agreement with Amanda, but really he was planning on getting out of here asap. They didn't need to form any group. Was there really anyone dumb enough to work with this "game"? After a short glance at Roy Leo shook his mind's head. This would be something to boast on the internet about for a few weeks. Tops.

Leaning against the wall he considered ways to excuse himself out of there. But for now he'd stay here and see what happened. He had time to relax.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Acidic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

Martin got a reply back almost immediately, one belonging to Roy Benson. He waved back, trying to make sure Roy could see him, but Amanda actually replied first:

"Yep, we're trying to put a group together!"

That was pretty much what he wanted to say, actually. He added, "Yeah, it's just me and Amanda so far." He then heard a voice that wasn't nearly as enthusiastic as the first one. Confused, he started down the hall, only to realize as he approached the figure that it wasn't actually Roy at all. Instead he found that he had been waving at Leo the whole time. Leo... that was his name, right? Martin didn't know him very well, and frankly didn't want to - he seemed like the kind of person who had the exact opposite attitude to Martin's hard working lifestyle. He had patience for a lot of things, but people who wouldn't pull their own weight were not one of them. You couldn't reasonably be expected to pass the ball to someone who'd just kick it out of bounds, could you?

Martin figured he might know where Roy was, or have something useful to say. He asked rather tentatively, "Oh. Hi. I thought I heard Roy in here somewhere." He glanced around the hallway as he asked, trying to get his bearings. "Do you know where he-"

At that point, he found a jail cell off to one side of the hallway. Inside, with a backpack much like his and some bows and arrows, was Roy. He immediately ignored Leo, kneeling down in front of the cell and saying,

"Hey Roy! You don't look too good. You in here by choice, or what?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cash Money. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

To Roy’s surprise, the voice that replied to him was not Martin’s but a female’s. Fortunately for him, it was someone else he knew and got along with; Amanda Clearwater. Probably the only girl that played ice hockey in Alderbrook. And she wanted to put a group together? That was a good idea. Roy wanted to make sure he was part of that group, as soon as he was out of his cell. Hopefully Leo won’t want to tag along as well...

There seemed to be a bit of confusion at Martin’s end, possibly due to the poor lighting. He could hear talking, possibly between Leo and Martin. Roy guessed that no-one really expected anyone to turn up in a jail cell. Yep, still pissed about that, Mr. Sherriff. And about the fucking bow and arrows.

After a short while, Martin came into view, going past Leo to get the cell where he promptly knelt down.

“Hey Roy! You don’t look too good. You in here by choice, or what?”

Roy sighed slightly at this, although he wasn’t too sure why. Maybe it was because Martin seemed a bit too casual, but to be fair, Roy was still finding it hard to comprehend that he was in some sort of... murder game thing. He wondered briefly how long it’d been since he’d actually been on the train... how long it’d been since he’d seen his parents.

Roy shook his head. There were more important things to deal with, for now. Namely, Martin’s questions. “I haven’t actually seen myself recently...” he began. “But if I look as shitty as I feel, then it must be pretty bad. And no, not here by choice. Just woke up here, fan-fucking-tastic. Great joke, huh? Oh, and speaking of jokes...”

Roy walked over to the other side of the cell, and picked up the bow with his right hand. “Have you seen just what weapon I was given?” he said. “I bet they knew I’m good at archery, and I broke my bow-holding-arm, and just gave it to me for laughs.”

Roy looked down at the bow, then, with a sigh, put it into his bag, which he then closed and threw onto his back, with a little difficulty due to his arm. Maybe I could hit someone round the head with it... not that I’m planning to, unless they attack me first...

Roy walked back to where Martin was. “So, uh, you can probably see I’m kinda stuck here, in this cell.” He said. “D’you think you could search around for a key or something, Martin? You too, Amanda? And... Leo, I guess.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Oh Leo was agreeing, that was good. She was afraid he wouldn't because of the arguing she heard when she was coming in, but apparently everything was all right. But then she realized that Roy was stuck inside of the jail cell. He then talked about how useless his bow and arrows were, but he wasn't planning on actually using them was he?

But he asked to be let out. "Uhh, yeah let me look around. I mean there have to be keys somewhere." She remembered seeing some filing cabinets on the way in. "I'll be right back, gonna check a place over here."

She went over and checked the top one, no key. It had to be in here somewhere, it just had to be.
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

Groaning, Leo got off the wall when Roy told them to look for the keys. It was the perfect opportunity to get out of here. Walking past the room Amanda entered, he went in the next one. It didn't take long to find them, as there were two sets of keys on the desk. One was in the fashion of what keys probably looked liked back than (or what people thought they did, and the other one was more modern).

This was his chance to get the hell out with them, and leave Roy in the cell. But why? There was a real chance that this shit could get bad, even as ridiculous as the whole situation was. Plus, Leo didn't need a bunch of Jocks after him. Inwardly groaning he left the room, and turned towards Roy's Cell.

"Found them." He called, giving both sets a slight jiggle. Walking closer he handed the keys to Martin, and gave Roy a grin before saying,

"You gonna behave yerself, partner?" In a half-assed John Wayne impersonation. There, he was useful today. Now he didn't have to do shit for another 24 hours.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

Roy sighed. To be honest, that's what Martin was expecting - his posture and look of resignation already had "sigh" written all over it. His admission of feeling terrible was no surprise either. Martin still wasn't entirely clear-headed, and it frustrated him slightly. He was used to firing on all cylinders. He had to, for his team, for his grades, for his family, and now, for his friends. He'd have to get it together if they were going to thrive out here.

Roy also mentioned that he was locked in. That seemed incredibly obvious in retrospect. There were beds elsewhere, why would he choose a jail cell? He then mentioned he got a bow and some arrows for weapons. What terrible luck! Martin could consider the ramifications of that later, though, as Roy then reminded him that there might be keys nearby. Martin almost got up before Roy was done talking, eager to help out. He set off down the hallway, on the lookout for anything that might have some keys. He'd seen beds earlier, right? Now that he thought about it, prisoners probably slept on those. It seemed kind of odd for them to be out, but they seemed like a perfectly good place to hide some keys. He bent down and started to lift the corner of one mattress when suddenly he heard a jingle behind him. Thank God - those mattresses looked and smelled considerably worse than the average pair of gym socks. Being in a dark musty building certainly didn't help.

He turned around to see that Leo had found them in short order. He stood up as Leo walked over to him and said, "You gonna behave yerself, partner?" Martin was unsure how to respond to that joke. Behaving himself was never really in question. He awkwardly replied, "Um, sure," before adding a much more professional "Thanks." It didn't matter whether you liked someone or not - if they were a team player, you recognized that.

Martin was surprised to get two sets of keys from Leo. One looked like what he was expecting - big, simple-looking iron keys on an even bigger ring. The other looked like a more contemporary keychain. It momentarily snapped him back to what life outside was like, with modern conveniences, modern architecture, and modern doors. He kept those in his left hand for the moment, turning to go back to Roy's cell. He called, "Hey Amanda, Leo got 'em for us," as he kept going.

Martin arrived in front of Roy's cell and started to get to work. He retried keys a few times once he had tried them all once, fiddling with them and trying not to break them with excessive force in the keyhole. After several minutes, he finally got the door open. He swung it out a little, saying, "You're free to go."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Roy was happy to see that, as soon as he mentioned that he was locked in the cell, everyone else immediately set off to look for the key. Even Leo started searching, to Roy’s surprise, although not without a groan as he stood up. He and Amanda went off into another couple of rooms, whilst Martin started searching around the beds. Roy didn’t think the keys would be there, but he didn’t say anything. Who knows what’s gonna happen in this...”murder-fest”?

Roy barely had time to blink before he heard the tell-tale jangle of keys. He turned to look at the source of the noise, and was shocked to find that Leo of all people had found them. He still wasn’t the world’s biggest fan of the guy, but hell, he definitely owed him something for this. Although he definitely wasn’t impressed with the fact that he was making jokes. Time and a place, asshole, and this is definitely not the place.

Despite that, Roy couldn’t help smiling as Martin unlocked the door to his cell. His chances of survival had pretty much doubled now; not only was he no longer in a cell, but he had two allies, with a potential third. After a minute or so, Martin unlocked the door and opened it. Roy walked out, saying “Cheers” as he did, and then turned to face both Martin and Leo, as well as the corridor Amanda was currently in.

“Right then... we’re in some pretty deep shit right now, aren’t we? I’m, uh... still kinda getting over the fact that this whole thing is happening, to be honest.” Roy wasn’t too sure why he was saying all this. He guessed he just wanted to get it all off of his chest. The whole situation was pretty grim, but he was certain that there’d be some way out of all of it.

“Amanda, you said you and Martin were making a group, right? You can count me in as well. Safety in numbers, and all that.” Roy paused for a moment, then gestured towards Leo.

“Uh... I’m guessing he’s welcome to join as well, if he wants?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

She had checked tons of drawers and could not find the stupid key! It had to be somewhere. Keys didn't just disappear, and that Sheriff guy couldn't be that much of an asshole. You couldn't just stick a player in the penalty box from the start, he had to do a foul first, and now wasn't the time to think about hockey.

"Hey Amanda, Leo got 'em for us,"

"All right, be right there!"

When she made it back to the room, Roy was already out. Which was great, she definitely couldn't complain about him not being trapped anymore. Roy was talking, and yeah it was bad, but they had to get through it. Their class couldn't do this. But with another person in their group that was another step to having them stop this.

"Sure you can both be in, I mean then we can look for other people and stop all this, I mean I know people are probably scared, but they'll listen once we talk to them."

They had to stop it, she hated the alternative too much to even consider it. Speaking of, this was the Sheriff's office wasn't it? There could be something in here. "Hey this is the Sheriff's house place isn't it? Do y'think he could be the same guy who took us. I mean he was the Sheriff, right? There could be stuff around here, maybe."
Acidic*

Post by Acidic* »

Rolling his eyes at Martin's reply, Leo took his place at the wall. He didn't get it. Whatever. Like most people this guy wasn't worth Leo's time. As events went on it seemed they actually thought this was going to get bad. Really? Freaking really? Leo thought holding his eyes from doing another 360º in his skull. Still, when he was offered a place in the group he shrugged.

"Sure." It couldn't hurt, and he doubted there would be a computer and internet here. Plus, he could book any time he'd want to. He had a thought, and before he could think it through he blurted,

"So, where do we start?" Were they gonna just wander around aimlessly hoping to find people, or what? Leo didn't know the finer points of humanity, but his best guess would be that people would go to the town, or hide.

Still, he was already useful for the day, so he kept his thoughts to himself.
Cash Money*

Post by Cash Money* »

(Minor GMing approved by other handlers.)

Martin listened as Roy expressed reservations about their situation. Who wouldn't? They had no idea whether what the guy on the train had said was accurate, whether they had any hope of rescue... no idea about anything. They did, however, have two more people in their group. Roy mentioned safety in numbers, and Martin agreed. If anyone thought they would try to pull anything, they certainly wouldn't do it against 4 people. Not that he thought any of his classmates might attack, but you never know. There might have been another train, even. Leo had then joined them with a shrug. From what Martin knew about Leo, he might skip out on them, but he seemed agreeable enough to tagging along that there would be no problems. Martin nodded in assent.

Leo then asked where they would start. Martin didn't think he'd take so much initiative, but he welcomed it. Amanda then said, again, almost exactly what he was thinking about:

"Hey this is the Sheriff's house place isn't it? Do y'think he could be the same guy who took us. I mean he was the Sheriff, right? There could be stuff around here, maybe."

Martin replied, "Yeah. Leo found these keys with the others," jingling the extra set. "Maybe there's something around here they unlock? I think we should check the building for something. Everyone else on board?" People didn't seem to object, so he proceeded to fall into the leadership role to which he was so accustomed. Now that there was a goal to work towards, he would do what was necessary to achieve it. He turned to Leo and said, "Since you're apparently good at finding stuff, would you mind looking with me?"

He then realized that if they were going to find people, they would need someone to look for them, and having peoples' attention focused entirely on the task at hand would not help. He said, "While we're looking, we need someone to stand outside and look for other people. Who's got the best weapon?" They would need to have a weapon on them in case anyone showed up with bad intentions. Not that he expected any of his classmates to come out shooting, but you never know. There might even be people who weren't from Alderbrook out here.

Martin's attention quickly swung over to Roy. He was an athletic guy; he would make an excellent candidate for standing guard if it wasn't for his injury rendering his bow useless. Unless... they could switch weapons! He said, "Hey Roy, do you want to switch weapons? You only need one hand to use a rolling pin, I think."

Return to “Sheriff's Office”