Moose Omelette

An old, decaying, unmarked asphalt road running directly to The Compound and marking the divide between The Flatlands and The Roughlands. The road shows clear signs of complete, decades-long disuse and lack of maintenance, with much of it broken apart and covered up by sand and new vegetation.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy was in the middle of charging Mercy when only a second later, Moose ignited into flames. He stepped back from both of them, the light and heat emitting from Moose stunning him. He glanced between Mercy and Moose.

She actually fucking did it.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!?”

She knew what she was doing. This was on purpose.

“Y-YOU PSYCHO BITCH! I’ll fuckin- MOOSE GAWDDAMNIT!”

They had to put Moose out. Crispy wasn’t gonna let him die like this. He ain’t done shit to deserve it. He reached in his bag, grabbing a water bottle.

“Alan! Get Austin’s- get the fuckin jacket and get over here!”

Crispy tried to pour water on Moose. “Keep rolling man, fuck we’re gonna put you out!”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Alan hadn’t moved or spoken since the conversation had pivoted towards Crispin and Moose. He’d tried to cover for them, but they clearly thought it better to handle Mercy themselves.

It was only when Mercy thrust her arm forward that Alan started to regret the decision. It was a given that Mercy would hurt someone if they couldn’t be delicate, but it was clear now that she was a crazy bitch. Not in the “over-the-hill comedian talks about his wife” sense or as some sort of quirky gimmick. No, she was the sort that sort that sort that got people killed.

Flames erupted from Moose’s core, spreading across his body and Alan found he could do nothing but watch, standing a bit behind Mercy now.

Sink.

“What… what the fuck did you just do?” He breathed, a question directed ahead of him, and spread all about in the chaos that followed.
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

The blood leaking from his midriff colored the floor while he rolled on. His torso was on fire, as was his arms region. His neck was caught in flames, too, but luckily they haven't reached his head, and thus his vision, yet. His midriff hurt and the fire on his boiling skin was irritating his nerves though he could already feel numbness as a result of the fire burning through his nerves.

He had to get off the asphalt and onto the sand. Crispy got a good idea, too with using a jacket, that'll do too. When Moose spotted what Crispy held in his hand, he began panicking.

"Wait, use san-"

An inferno erupted from the spot the water was poured on and the fire got worse. Way worse. Flames spiked up to the skies and Moose vanished behind a wall of fire.
I'm so glad to be back !
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Burning oil and steam exploded out towards Crispin. He didn’t even have time to blurt out ‘what the fuck’ before getting splashed down as the burning fluids caught him in the face and chest.

Crispin turned, flailing, screaming as he face planted into the sand.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

The beam dissipated, and Mercedes stood hunched over, one foot on the asphalt and one on the sand, as Moose ignited, the oil coating his skin lapping up the heat and bursting into flames. She raised an arm to shield her eyes, face still twisted into a furious scowl, breath shuddering and body shaking, watching as Moose frantically tried to put himself out.

If she could have afforded to, she would have turned the energy levels up even higher, tuned the beam up to punch a hole right through his chest. But she was already reeling from the heat, the walking, the fury coursing through her and the blast that had torched the boy in front of her. It would be enough.

She had two more assholes to deal with, after all.

Mercy barely caught Alan’s words, the ringing inside her skull and the combined screaming of Moose and Crispin almost totally blotting it out. Only the last syllable registered, and she turned to glare at him, sweat streaking down her cheeks and soaking her tank top. She raised her hand as she opened her mouth, wisps of smoke coiling from the crater in her palm.

“I-” she began, trying to figure out on her feet how to answer Alan’s question in a way that wasn’t blindingly obvious.

She never got a chance to work it out as the air at her back erupted, a wave of heat crashing into her and sending her stumbling forwards. Her blood boiled. Her head screeched at her. The feeling in her fingers disappeared.

For a moment, everything turned pitch black.

When she opened her eyes, she was lying on her side, hands pressed into the dirt, vision a blur. She could see the vague form of a column of orange and red standing in the middle of the road, reaching up to the sky, radiating blazing heat. Somewhere inside of that pillar was what remained of Moose Humphreys.

Mercedes got to her feet, barely able to stand upright as her head swam and thudded in fury. She needed to leave. She would goddamn crawl if she had to. Moose’s fate was sealed; so too would hers be if she tried to use her Gift again. Even now, the heat was trying to claim her again. She staggered off the road and out into the wilds surrounding them all. It was slow. It was painful.

It was enough.

((Mercedes Guenther continued in Heart of Fire))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

A different figure, not recognizable as Moose, came out running through the flame wall. The skin has been eaten up by flames and turnt to a color close to coal. The skin that had been converted to smoke made it hard for the figure to breathe as it was surrounded by black smoke.

It ran towards the desert, but only managed to take six steps before collapsing to the ground.

S026 - MOOSE HUMPHREYS - DEEP FRIED
I'm so glad to be back !
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Alan’s question saw Mercy’s attention turned on him, and for a moment he was certain that Crispin and Moose had gotten him killed too. What could be said to a crazed murderer that wouldn’t sound like a lie?

He didn’t have long to think on it, as Moose exploded in a pillar of flame, causing Alan to stumble backwards, falling flat on his ass. He could hear the roaring flames, Crispin’s screams, and watched as Mercy started to get back up and stumble off.

Alan made no move to get back up. Instead, he laid down on his back, staring up at the sky, hands balled into fists, trying to steady his breath.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Hands cupped over his face, Crispin rolled to his back, steam wafting off of him as his fire extinguished. On the ground he could only feel the footfalls of Moose getting further away by a few paces, then stopping, no screaming on his end, no screaming on Alan's, just his own muffled voice bouncing back against his hands.

Moose was dead, that bitch fucking killed him. He rolled to his front again, trying to get up, but the pain was too much. He didn't even want to open his eyes, everything hurt from his forehead down. He felt like he got splashed in the eyes, in the mouth, could even feel burns on his tongue, he screamed into the ground. He brought himself to his knees, face still buried in the sand, as he gripped into the dirt.

He turned his head, and through a blur he saw Alan lying down, Mercy just... fucking leaving. "YOU FUCKING BIIIITCH! YOU SICK FUUUCKING BITCH!" He sat up, shrieking, pointing. "GET BACK! GET THE FUCK BACK HERE! LOOK AT WHAT YOU FUCKING-" He fell into the dirt, screaming again. He turned his head to his right, saw what remained of Moose, still smoking, still burning. He gripped a hand full of sand and tossed it in Mercy's direction. "WE DIDN'T EVEN HURT HIM YOU SICK CUNT! Y-YOU FUCKING PSYCHO!" He choked back a sob, he wasn't gonna look weak. He stood up.

He cupped his hands in his mouth.

"THAT'S GON' CHANGE THOUGH! YOU BETTER HOPE YOU FIND LINCOLN BEFORE I DO! NEXT TIME I SEE HIM, I'M GONNA FUCK HIM IN THE ASS AND MAKE YOU WATCH! YOU HEAR ME BITCH?! WE AIN'T DONE HERE! YOU WANNA SEE ME HURTING PEOPLE! I'LL FUCKIN' SHOW YOU HURT, YOU PUNK ASS BITCH!"

His hand brushed against the tender flesh on his face as he stumbled forward. He realized he had only one of his eyes open. Other pair of lids felt sticky... There was fear, and then- "YOU BETTER BE LISTNIN' BITCH!" He fell to his knees again. His face was burning again. Worse, way worse. He fell over to his face, shoulders heaving. He wanted to throw up. He could smell spare ribs. No guesses as to who's. He sat up.

"YOU AIN'T WALKIN OUT HERE a~LIIIIVE! I'LL KILL YOU BITCH! I'LL-fuckin'- I'll... I'll fuckin... do it." He tried to stand up, but his legs were shaking. He just settled for crawling forward. He looked over to Alan.

"Geh-Get up man... Don't tell me that bitch wasted you too... Please man, ain't got nobody else here-" He got up, stumbled forward, and fell on his knees once more. "Alan... Alan!"
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

“I’m fine, Crispy.” Alan muttered, letting Crispin’s barely coherent screaming and threats sit for a moment before responding. He slowly rose to a seated position, attempting to gather his thoughts, only for his gaze to wander towards Crispin’s face.

“Holy fucking shit!” Alan scrambled to his feet, still a bit shaky, and over to the bag he’d dropped nearby when moose erupted. Sifting through its contents, he produced a first aid kit and started towards Crispin.

“Dude, your fucking face… shit.” Alan couldn’t think of anything to say, looking through the kit and trying to figure out what he was supposed to do to treat burns.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“What?”

Normally, Crispy was fine jumpscaring his friends, popping out behind a corner with a mask, or an airsoft gun aimed at the feet full auto, you know, it’s a fun time. What’s not a fun time is when someone recoils and screams after looking at you, after you’d just been in an accident. Probably the worst feeling so next to the pain and Moose being gone was Alan’s reaction.

“Dood…”

It was his face, Crispy felt it, Alan saw it. That bitch Mercy fucked them up…

“Dude… What happened?”

He watched Alan get the first aid kit. His heart sank. This whole day was going to get a lot worse.

“W-what happened to my fucking face?”
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Crispin’s face was fucked up, the skin around his right eye blackened and warped, the eye itself hidden behind what had previously been an eyelid, now seemingly fused shut. Alan could feel his stomach turn and he quickly turned his eyes down toward the first aid kit and the little container within, labeled as “emergency burn gel.”

“Shit it’s… J-Just chill the fuck out, alright? Don’t fucking move. I’ll deal with it.” He spoke quickly, popping open the container and setting the rest of the kit aside for now. On the edges of the skin that had burned black, the flesh that still held natural color was peeling and irritated-looking. And Alan would have to rub this gel shit over all of it. He felt sick again

“Just don’t move. This might sting or hurt or something. Just don’t move.” Alan hissed, repeating hissed, though Crispin hadn’t done much of anything yet. It was also possible, Alan knew, that the dead skin on his friend’s face wouldn’t feel anything at all.

He shuddered, trying to halt the swirl of questions and disgust, to focus on the task at hand. Carefully, he moved to apply the gel.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“How the fuck am I supposed to chill, man… That bitch killed Moose.” Crispy tried to hold still while Alan did his best, but he couldn’t help finding himself shaking and recoiling on contact. He hissed.

“Gah-fffuck! That hurts! I’m sorry man- this fucking-“

High pain tolerance or not, he shouldn’t have been going through this here. This was an ER job. Even though he couldn’t see it, he knew. It hurt, it hurts real bad, and on top of that, it’s… wrong feeling. There’s numbness and a stretched feeling and-

Crispin sucked through his teeth.

“Mercy didn’t even- she didn’t even hesitate. She wanted to do that. She just- she just showed up wanting to kill someone…”
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Alan moved his hands carefully, gently, concerned about worsening the injuries, grimacing as he felt the irritated surface, feeling Crispin flinch and shake. Worse, Crispin was talking to himself about Mercy, about how she reacted to burning Moose alive.

“I… I know.” He muttered in reply, finishing up the application of the gel and then pulling out some bandages and a package labeled as “burn dressing”.

“You gotta lay down or something, man. Shit can fuck with your head.” He tried to keep his voice even and calm, though his body felt tight, nerves taught.

Moose was dead. Jenelle hated them, so did Kaine and Lincoln probably. Austin wanted to kill them, and now Mercy did too. Events continued to slip through Alan’s fingers, accelerating him and Crispin along a path that didn’t lead anywhere good, and certainly didn’t lead to a way out of this shit.

So he needed to tighten his grip.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“No man, I ain’t… I can’t. We can’t just lie down and die man, we’re being hunted.” Crispy rifled through his pockets, the tenderness on his right hand revealing to him he got burned there too, before pulling out a hair band. Shaking fingers began to brush back his hair.

“Austin woke up, tried to curb stomp me. Kennedy’s snatching fingers. Kaine’s throwing chairs. Mercy fucking microwaved Moose. Who’s next? Noah playing Pumped up Kicks? That Dougler looking motherfucker with the electricity? Sick fuck Cyrus?”

Crispy tied his hair back, so Alan would have an easier time bandaging him. He glanced up at Alan, who was either focusing on his work, or trying to avoid eye contact, one of the two.

“We ain’t gonna make it out of this. You know that right? Even if rescue comes, those shit heads are gonna come and fucking lynch our asses! Worst part is, they’ll get away with it too. ‘Oh we were scared for our lives we didn’t have a choice’ and they’ll go on like nothing ever happened. Some of those motherfuckers will enjoy it dude!”
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

“I’m not talking metaphorical here, dipshit. I’m talking about laying down and resting so that you can literally heal the literal wounds on your literal fucking face.” Alan grit his teeth as Crispin put his spin on the cascade of disasters, as if the thing with Mercy was just another bit of random violence like Kaine and Austin, as if Crispin and Moose hadn’t poked a psychotic bear with that one.

If they’d listened to him, Moose would still be alive.

Alan applied the burn dressings to the burned areas on and around Crispin’s eye, before starting to move on to a gauze and bandages, how the packaging indicated he was supposed to. His hands were shaky, though, and made the work agonizingly slow.

“So what are you gonna do? Kill everybody that might be a threat? Come on. We gotta focus on fixing your shit… burying Moose too.” Alan explained, attempting to dodge just how much contempt he held for Crispin’s line of thought. He was walking towards a ridiculous conclusion, one that’d see them both dead sooner rather than later.

Return to “The Old Road (Danger Zone)”