Return of the Bear

Private while death shows up

A large, garish orange speedboat designed to carry tourists around quickly, this is boat serves as one of the most obvious landmarks amidst the inner sprawl, in part due to its coloration and in part due to its larger size. The boat is mostly covered, though there is some seating outside for those unafraid of the spray. The words "RocketBoat" are emblazoned on the side in a flaming script.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

That was the explanation. Seo-Yun was here. Even though he hadn't noticed her initially.

She had a gun too, and man, did she look like shit.

Normally Sergio would have a smartass comment, but he didn't want to have Sylvain laugh at him in purgatory a mere moment after he had his last in the world.

He leaned over and set the gun down. There was no moment where he could have shot her without getting himself ended. It was a shame. He'd heard the announcements. Sergio knew that no one would have blamed him if he had.

Instead he took a few steps towards the girls in what was now a trio.

"Got it," he responded.

He was tempted to ask what she wanted, but Sergio had a feeling she'd tell him anyway.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Well, uh, fuck, credit where credit was due; Sergio had really taken Laura by surprise, there.

There weren’t many things that could do something like that, but hey, turned out, being the sole survivor of a gunfight with a killer when you looked like nothing more than a fuckboy on the surface, yeah, that’d fuckin’ do it. She had to wonder exactly what shit had gone down between the two of them. It was a toss-up between ‘Sylvain tries to kill Sergio, Sergio Uno Reverso’s him and shoots him to fuck’ and ‘Sergio turns Sylvain into Swiss Fucking Cheese because he’s a known killer and fuck having that sorta stain lingering around’. Or maybe it had been a handjob situation, and Sylvain had just been really fucking bad at it. That one was always an option.

She couldn’t think too hard about it, though, cause of, y’know, Psycho Killer, Qu'est-ce que c'est, lining them all up like her own private shooting gallery. Actually, girl was so loaded and spoiled and fucked in the head that she probably did have one of those back home, paid for with daddy’s cash. She was really going big on this whole player thing, huh? She’d probably rehearsed these lines for ages before she’d jumped them, talking about how she’d been taking punches this whole time - which was total bullshit, the whole ‘Bloody Mummy’ look wasn’t one you developed by being the goddamn victim - and how they just needed to follow her orders if they wanted to live.

Which was also complete horsehit, wasn’t it? Seo-gun (it was funny, because she had a gun) had, like, a bazillion kills now, right? In earlier seasons that was just a huge fucking target on your back; nowadays, it was a one way ticket to freedom. She had three people in front of her, no weapons to deal with, and a goddamn murder quota to reach. Yeah, make no fucking bones about it. Laura was hosed. Boned, but not in the fun way. About to kick the bucket, push up daisies, count worms, whatever fun saying you wanted to use.

She was being way too fucking calm about this, given she was about to take a bullet in her goddamn skull (she wondered if it’d rattle around all the empty space in there), but, hey. She’d already admitted to herself that she didn’t give a shit about escaping. This was just the next logical jump.

“Does flipping you off count as trying something?”

She didn’t quite have the balls to try it, without an answer, though.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Okay, so she didn't believe the answer Seo-yun gave in the slightest. But she was the one with the gun so that meant whatever she said went.

Then Sergio returned sans Sylvain, which shone some light on what the other gunshots were and really just served to top off a shitty situation. Sergio had taken the gun from her teammate and shot him, which dope. Very cool. But he didn't stop there, oh no, instead of showing any degree of intelligence and flanking Seo-yun or doing anything besides immediately getting spotted and having to drop the gun...well he did the opposite. So that left the three of them at the mercy of a psycho with a gun.

Yay.

But if Alaska was to double back—and ignore Sergio's betrayal of the group—Seo-yun had said if any of them tried anything they'd all die. And while Laura took that opportunity to make a joke, very funny, much laughter, Alaska saw the opportunity the wording providing. Because, look, she didn't want to get shot and she especially didn't want to die. That meant like a simp on Instagram she was going to take any chance she got.

"Wait, you aren't just going to kill all of us?"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Okay. She was in control again. Everything was fine, now. She didn't even need to acknowledge Laura's inane question. Alaska's question was much more interesting. Was she going to kill all three of them?

Seo-yun was at eight kills. The announcements were missing the last three, but she knew well enough that all of them were dead, she didn't need to hear the extra confirmation. Regardless, she only needed two more kills to be able to leave. Those were originally going to be Alaska and Laura, but Sergio's entrance had complicated matters.

She could just shoot all three of them and be done with it. It wouldn't be hard, she had more than enough ammunition for it. Doing so might even earn her some extra cred when she got out. The first ten kill winner to go above and beyond the call of duty. Except the idea of being at eleven kills left a bad taste in her mouth. She didn't want one of the deaths she caused to have been for nothing.

All this time, she had been doing this just to get out, not killing for the sake of it like some kind of deranged serial killer. She didn't like killing people, even if there might be some satisfaction in wiping the smile off of some smug prick, or making someone who hurt her feel that same pain. Those feelings never lasted, and seeing them writhe and struggle and die always made her feel just a little bit more hollow, afterwards.

And how many more would it take for her to be hollowed out completely?

So, no, she didn't want eleven kills. She was fine with ten, and it was probably better that way. Fewer enemies in here with her while she found Mandy and made her way out, and fewer families and friends hating her guts in the aftermath. It was all very simple laid out like that, which meant-

"No. I don't need to kill all of you," she replied. "I actually just need two more, and then I'm free."

She let her words hang in the air for a moment. Made sure they understood all the implications of what she was saying.

"That wasn't complicated before," she gestured to Sergio with the shotgun, "but now it is. Someone is going to have to pick who lives, out of the three of you. I could make that choice for you, or..."

A bit of bile rose in her throat, the shotgun feeling heavier than ever in her hands. If it was her choice, she'd pick Alaska out of the three of them, but deciding that herself felt wrong somehow. More wrong than just killing anyone who happened to be unlucky enough to cross her path. It was easy when she left it up to fate, or God, or just random chance. That way it felt like it wasn't really her decision, and instead just what she did. Like a tiger on the prowl, looking for its next meal. This was different, this required more active thought, an ethical choice, and she didn't like that, not one bit.

"Maybe I can be nice, and let you decide for yourselves."

The merciful option. Good for her image. Yes, this was the right move. Mandy might have approved, if she were here.

"How about that?"
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

So he might not be about to die.

Okay.

That was good.

The question was how to guarantee it. His gun was a little further away. He couldn't use it now.

"I can head back out if that'd make things easier," he responded.

It wouldn't work, but obviously he didn't want to die.

Sergio turned to really look at the girls since he had sauntered into the situation.

"So, y'all have any straws?"

It was the classic bad decision decider. He didn't want to do that, but there was no ethical way to do this anyway.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Had this bitch been watching a fucking Saw marathon recently, or something?

Chances were pretty much slim-to-nil, not because Seo-yun wasn’t fucked up enough to enjoy that kinda shit, but because Laura doubted Miss Spoiled Royal Princess Bitch would ever sully her perfect name by watching a batch of splattergore B-movies starring Z-list actors. Apparently, once upon a time, they had actually been, like, not Hollywood blockbuster level films, but still a pretty big deal? Big fanbase, video game tie-ins, the whole fuckin’ shebang. But then SOTF rocked up, and the whole shtick of people being kidnapped to participate in deadly games kiiiinda lost its edge. There’d been some recent, desperate grab for attention by setting the most recent film on an SOTF island or something, which, if Laura remembered correctly, had been a total fucking bomb, cue world’s tiniest violin.

Anyway, sidetrack over. The whole premise of Saw was this, like, weird little clown puppet thing kidnapping people and making them go through deadly traps to prove which of ‘em was the most deserving and who wanted to live the most, some shit like that, and gee fuckin’ whizz, did Seo-yun remind her of that right now! Particularly the clown-puppet part, although tee bee aitch, the bitch resembled the entire circus more often than not.

Laura rolled her eyes at Sergio’s suggestions, one sincere, one not - at least, he better have been fucking kidding about the first one, cause if he hadn’t, he could get the fuck outta here with that nonsense. Then again, neither idea was worth a damn, to be fucking blunt (god she wished she had a blunt right not). Like hell she was about to let a shitty little straw decide her fate, rely on Lady Luck to stop jacking off for a second and give her a helping hand.

‘Specially not when the answer was staring them all in the goddamn face.

“Nah, fuck that.” Laura said. Her body twitched, the impulsive urge to wave her hand dismissively in Sergio’s face almost taking over, before she remembered the whole ‘ya move ya dead’ thing. “We’re not doing that, that’s fucking dumb. Besides, there’s only one of us who should be walking outta here alive anyhow.”

Slowly, painfully slowly, Laura stood up from her seat, arms still held out to the side, palms still open.

“And I think it’s pretty obvious who it should be.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

So the situation they found themselves in had just got a hell of a lot more fucked up. Alaska wasn't entirely sure how to react to Seo-yun's suggestion. The girl was clearly being serious when she said it, which made the whole thing crazier. Here they were being held at gunpoint told to decide which of them got to die. Which was fucking wild when you considered it. The producers of Survival of the Fittest must have had all the cameras possible trained on them.

Alaska had no idea how to respond, the thought of rushing Seo-yun entered her head but she quickly dispelled the idea. If she or they did that it would have just led to all of them dying if they failed and she wasn't keen on the idea of dying. So no, it was a bad plan. Sergio's suggestion didn't fill her with hope either. The idea of drawing straws seemed like the fairest way, but they had to have a better option, plus he had shot her teammate anyway.

She was about to say something to him, but before she could Laura spoke up. There was a tense moment as Laura rose to her feet and Alaska was worried that Seo-yun was going to shoot her on the spot but luckily nothing happened. Instead, Laura was allowed to say her piece without interruption.

Seeing how Laura stood up and wasn't filled with lead, Alaska felt comfortable also doing so. As she did so she whispered over to her friend.

"What are you doing?"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Seo-yun tried to raise an eyebrow at Laura's insinuation, only to feel pain shoot through the side of her skull and stop.

She couldn't help but feel like that had been a thinly veiled threat, but she was willing to let it slide this time. Laura didn't sound like she was talking about herself, and it was hardly worth wasting words and effort on a soon-to-be-dead girl. It didn't take a genius to figure out who she was actually talking about, given the options were between her best friend and the random nobody Sergio.

"So, Alaska, then?" she asked, stating the unspoken, obvious conclusion.

"Unless you mean me, of course," she smirked. "In which case, thank you."

On second thought, watching Laura squirm was still worth it, all the way to the end.

"What about the rest of you?" she inquired, sparing a glance at each of their bandannas. "If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't like you could've won together anyway. This was inevitable."
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

"You better not mean you, Laura."

It was probably a dumb thing to be hung up on. Sergio had just done something incredibly self-serving. That's how the show worked. At the same time, he wasn't cool with it if Laura was saying he should get shot by Seo-Yun. He'd go for the gun if that's what was decided on. He knew that much. It might not be honorable or respectable, but this was SOTF, not baseball.

He shrugged at Seo-Yun's question. Why was she asking anyway."

"It's all in how you play the game," he responded, paraphrasing the saying from little league that he didn't really believe anyway.

Sure made him look good though.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Laura rolled her eyes, cause, like, fuck it, it didn’t look like there was any point in hiding shit anymore. Seo-yun was gonna shoot people regardless of what she did, and the spoiled little slut already knew that Laura thought she was a spoiled little slut, so, why bother hiding it anymore? And for someone up to her goddamn neck in literally every fucking performance art under the sun, she had a really garbo sense of drama and tension.

“Well thanks a fucking lot for ruining the surprise, you dumb bitch.”

Now was the perfect time to flip Yeo-yeo off, and so she did, with as much enthusiasm as she could muster, before turning to look at Sergio. She felt, like, not bad for him per se, cause he was just some random boring fuckboy, but he was also a random boring fuckboy who had just kinda stumbled upon the group in the wrong place at the wrong time and now he was gonna get shot to shit. Too bad, so sad. Unlucks, bro.

“Yeah, nah, course I don’t mean myself dude. Like, you’ve seen me, right? Actually, fuck, better yet, you’ve talked to me, haven’t you? I’m fucking insufferable, dude.”

She shrugged at him, a shrug that was intended to convey the feeling of ‘Sorry buddy but it’s you or my literal actual bestie so, uh, fuck you, you’re not winning that race’, but that she didn’t particularly care if it actually came across successfully or not. Like, who would he complain to? The person who didn’t give a shit about him tbh? The person who was getting to walk away from here cause he was kicking the bucket? Or the gamemaster who was holding a motherfucking gun and had morals as loose as she was?

“Hey,” Laura said, and she turned her head once more, glancing at Alaska, giving her a lazy smile. She wondered whether she should, like, fucking say something to her? That emotional, sappy, hurl-enducing bullshit really wasn’t her zone, but she was about to take a fucking bullet in the head or heart, or probably, actually, in her fucking arm, given Cyclops’ whole dumbass bandage situation. It wasn’t a difficult choice in the slightest, and Laura could guarantee that ten times out of ten, it would be just as easy. Alaska had friends. Alaska had a family. Alaska had a future that she dreamed of and gave a shit about and worked towards and that she could actually fucking achieve with how much hard work she put into slutting about on Twitch, girl didn’t even need to sell feet pics to get a captive goddamn audience.

The world would live on without noticing Laura was gone. She didn’t think the same would apply for Alaska.

“Hey, babe, you better fuckin’ make it home, yeah?” Was what she settled for, grinning at Alaska, something in her expression relaxing, turning into something genuine. “Make yourself the best goddamn egirl thot the world has ever seen, or else I’ll, like, fucking haunt your computer.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Alaska didn't know what to say. It was a lot to take in, Laura offering to sacrifice herself to save her instead was the sort of thing that caught you off-guard. Alaska wasn't sure if that was because she had been rethinking their relationship or just because of how Laura acted in general. But the decision and the surety of Laura's speech made it clear her mind was made up. While Alaska had considered trying to talk her friend out of the choice it was clear nothing she said would have made a difference.

When Laura smiled at her she hesitantly managed to smile back, all too aware of the gun that was trained on them. But despite that she also found herself being taken over by genuine emotion. As all the artifice fell away from Laura so too did it fall away from her, flaking off like dust in the wind.

"I...thanks Laura," She began, trying not to become too overwhelmed with emotion. "Thanks for being my best friend through everything, all the stupid shit I've done, all the bad decisions, the show, this."

She sniffed a little.

"You kept me sane."
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Seo-yun almost wanted to gag, but instead opted to roll her eyes, only for another stab of pain to shoot through her skull. Right, she couldn't do that anymore. Yet another thing that Shoshanna had taken away from her. She hoped that bitch was enjoying whatever place in Hell that she had carved out for herself.

She took slow, measured breaths. Her eye flicked over to the camera, then back to the group. If she were an audience member instead of a contestant, she would have thought about how touching this was, and then immediately go about her day and forget about it later. As a contestant that was witnessing it live and unedited, knowing what she knew about Laura? It was vomit inducing.

"That's it, then?" she interjected, leveling the gun at the group, eye fixated on Laura. "If there are any objections, speak now, or, well..."
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

It was getting really mushy and gross in here and not in a way where he had said something that made a chick value him enough to hit the home run. The better one.

Also they had decided that he was one of the people that deserved to die, and fucking Laura, it wasn't selfless if you were also deciding to kill someone else.

He felt more mad at her than he did at Seo-Yun which didn't make any fucking sense.

Seo-Yun had started talking, probably before she was going to shoot him but he was diving for the gun. Was he going to try to kill his second person in ten minutes?

Yes.

He grabbed it and was fumbling for the trigger.

Seo-Yun was going down and then he would tell Laura to go fuck herself.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Someone always had to be the hero.

Everything happened in an instant. Seo-yun was startled when Sergio surged forward. She yanked the trigger in a panic. Thunder roared in her ear, and she felt hot splatter hit her face. She didn't realize who she had actually hit before she dove behind the boat's overhang.

Risking her life on accident again. What was the point of mercy, she asked herself? She should've just shot them all.

With it feeling like the whole world was crashing down on her again, she racked the shotgun and took a hastily aimed shot at Sergio.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Sergio made a move for his gun.

And then the world exploded.

Okay, that was being melodramatic, but, when you got down to it, it may as well have.

As Sergio made his dive and Seo-yun flinched back, Alaska raised her hands out of instinct, and man, in hindsight, really wished she hadn't. Her entire world was knocked off-kilter and she was shoved back onto the seating of the RocketBoat. Alaska had assumed Laura had pushed her back and out of danger, but that theory was quickly and brutally brushed aside as she felt something hot and wet start to spread out across her torso.

Alaska brought her hands up to feel for blood but was met with a sight that nearly made her pass out.

Her fingers were gone.

Not all of them, and not all of all of them. But large parts, entire fingers and big chunks of her hands had been blown off or apart by Seo-yun's reflexive shotgun blast.

Her vision swam and she was nearly sick there and then.

Blood was steadily flowing out of her newly acquired stumps and as Alaska looked down to conduct a hazy sight check out of her chest and stomach as well.

All in all, she was not having a good time.

So really there was only one thing for it.

"Hey...Laura look no hands"

Return to “RocketBoat (Danger Zone)”