FC World A

Open!

Nestled on the edge of the rainforest, cracked into the side of a hill, is the entrance to a large underground area. While outside lighting will make it through the descent into the natural atrium, all bets are off beyond that point as the only way of traversing the darkness is through torchlight. Otherwise, one might have difficulty navigating the vast tunnel system, damp with rainforest water and littered with bones of various ages and sizes, some of which look less animal-like than others. However, navigate these caves successfully, and you may find the light again, in the form of an exit into one of the island’s other areas.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Matthew studied the sword for a number of seconds. There were several things to note about it, even on merely a surface level. The blade was long and rather thin, with a tip that was surprisingly rounded; it reminded him, perhaps, of one of his mother’s knives used for serving butter and cheese, only stretched out much further. The handle of the sword was particularly strange; there was no hand guard, such as he had seen drawn in books, and it seemed much too wide to be able to fit your hand around comfortably.

But on the subject of comfort, he had entirely no desire to pick the weapon up in the slightest. He would have been perfectly happy to leave it on the floor of these caves to rust away. He did not wish for any harm to come to anybody that he encountered, and that was all that a weapon was designed for. He was fortunate, in a number of ways, that Mark was so calm and quiet; he thought of all of his classmates who had enjoyed pretending to be heroes from big American action films when they had been Mark’s age, gunning down armies of bad guys, misquoting one liners. It had always made him feel sick. He had never understood what made the idea of killing someone so enticing as the concept for a game. There was nothing that any human could do to make a dead person alive again, or to rise the person you had just killed from the dead. It was a sin.

He had born witness to the actions of SARS. It took only one bullet to tear a family apart.

They could not risk leaving it here, however. A weapon in the hands of anyone was a dangerous thing; a weapon in the hands of someone with bad intent was lethal. If somebody who did wish to harm others stumbled upon the sword while wandering through the tunnels… Matthew shuddered to think of the chain of events that might transpire, simply through neglecting to pick the weapon up.

“I… ah. Right. That.”

He slowly moved towards it, then stopped to look at Artie, making sure that his intentions were known to her.

“I shall be its caretaker for the moment. So that we both know exactly where it is.”

He knelt down next to the sword, gingerly picking it up with both hands, making certain that neither of them were in range of the blade itself. He understood how it was intended to work, now that he was looking at it closely. What he had initially thought was the handle of the sword was more similar to a metal glove, designed to protect his hand while he held it.

Matthew stood back up, hand now clutching the hilt of the sword. He did not, as he was sure many others would, have any temptation to begin swinging it around, acting as though he was preparing to fend off giant monsters. He made sure, instead, that the blade was firmly pointed towards the ground, away from anything, and more importantly, anyone. He nodded towards Artie, beginning to walk back the way they had come from.

He did not feel as though he wanted to say anything for a little while.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

And it's not like Artie had anything to say either. So they walked on in silence for a while.

Clack.

Clack.

Clack.

It was the only sound that either of them had made for the past... hmmm. Artie hadn't been keeping track of the time. It couldn't have been that long, could it? Ten minutes at most?

They still hadn't found it, but Artie wasn't saying anything. She let Matthew lead them, as he was the only one who would even have a hint of where he'd woken up.

But still...

Clack.

Clack.

Clack.

They still haven't found it, and Artie was worried that they'd already veered way off course. Even though they had a light now, she knew that it was so easy to get lost in a situation like this. For all either of them knew, they were already gone way past where his stuff was. She didn't want to seem like a downer or a quitter, but, it might be better to cut their losses, and spend their energy trying to get out of here.

Just as Artie opened her mouth to say all this, the beam of the flashlight swept over a strikingly not-cave colored pile.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

It had become a source of comfort after a while, the repetitive ‘clack clack clack’ of Artie’s crutches. It was a percussive rhythm, a drumbeat to dispel the fears and the flights of fancy that there was something lurking around every corner. It was a persistent, gentle noise, one that reminded him of the clock they kept in the nave of the church back home. On occasion, during sunset, when the church was bathed in the last rose gold light of the day, he would sit in one of the pews and read, accompanied only by the ticking of the clock ahead of him.

And, most importantly, it reminded him that he had somebody by his side, somebody who he was trusting, somebody which meant that he was not alone in this place.

But even with all of this attempting to soothe his mind and his soul, Matthew was still beginning to grow concerned as he walked slowly onwards, sweeping the beam of the torch in front of him to and fro as he did. They had not caught a glimpse of anything other than these stone walls ever since they had started walking again, and every tunnel and open area was beginning to look the same as the previous one. How many times, now, had he believed he recognised a turn to the left, or a certain rock formation, only for it to have been nothing but a false dawn?

Soon, no doubt, they would find their way to the mouth of this cave system. When they did, they would have to leave it behind. There was no other sensible choice for them to make; they had wasted too much time down here already. Whatever was on the surface, he could not imagine being worse than this. It would be difficult to survive without the supplies he had been issued, but he would have to find a way to make do, God willing.

The clacking of Artie’s crutches abruptly stopped. It took a few more moments for Matthew to realise why, his brain instead preparing to ask her what was wrong and whether she required a break. But there in front of them, lit up by the beam of the torch, was a bag, light brown in colour, and unmistakable for anything else.

Matthew hurried forwards, gently placing the torch on the ground, letting it illuminate the tunnel they were within. There was something else lying on top of the bag, very long and thin, and he felt his heart descend as the upsettingly familiar gleam of metal caught in the torchlight. But this, he realised, was different to the sword he presently carried. He recognised it; or, at least, he recognised the shape of the trident’s head. There was a very small Hindu temple within Lagos that he passed every so often to get to football matches across the city. A mural on the front wall depicted what he presumed were the various heroes and deities that the people who worshipped there believed in, along with various symbols and items of worship. In the center of the mural was this; the three-pronged trident head.

The sword could only ever be a sword. It was a weapon. That was all it was intended for. But this trident was a symbol. It was the same as the cross hanging around his neck. It was a symbol used to provide strength and comfort through difficult times. And although it was not his own religion, Matthew believed it would be able to do the same for him.

He worked as quickly as he could, unbuckling his bag and placing the sword inside; he would be able to check the other contents once they were in a less oppressive location. It stuck out awkwardly, the handle poking through the gap in the fabric, but it was still a much better solution than carrying it around with him, he thought. He picked the torch back up, and turned to face Artie, bag now secure on his back.

“Thank you, Artie,” Matthew said, smiling at her. “I believe this is a promising sign for us, and the road which lies ahead.”

He turned back around once more, aiming the torch down the passageway, then looking over his shoulder at the outline of Artemis.

“Let us go, shall we? I do not know about you, but I have had quite enough of this cave.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Well, they'd found Matthew's stuff. Now... now what?

Now it was time get out of this cave, Matthew said. And yeah, Artie agreed. If she never came back to this cave for the rest of her life (heh), it'd be too soon.

"Yeah, let's get out of here," Artie concurred.

They'd get out of this cave, and then...

Well, she guessed that they would see. And they wouldn't need the flashlight to do so, either.

Clack.

Clack.

Clack.

((Artie Qiu continued in Ad Astra Per Aspera.))
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Once more, Artie and Matthew headed off together, and once more, Matthew did not speak during their journey. Or, to be accurate, he did not talk to his travelling companion, although it was a much more comfortable silence on this occasion; what they were now surrounded by was an atmosphere of relief, as they had found what they were looking for, tempered with a determination to finally escape this terrible place.

But Matthew did speak a silent prayer as they walked, lowering his head and briefly shutting his eyes as they followed a particularly long and straight tunnel. He gave a prayer of thanks to the Lord for his guidance up to this point, and to ask Him to continue watching over him for as long as He could. He gave a prayer asking Him to look after Artie, should he be unable to do so any longer.

And, as they trudged onwards, seeking out the daylight which had been denied to them for so long, he gave a prayer, a selfish prayer that he felt as though God would not be able to answer, but which he simply knew he must make anyway.

He prayed that whatever it was they found outside would not make them wish they were back in the relative safety and silence of these tunnels.

((Matthew Omeruo continued in Ad Astra Per Aspera))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “The Underground Cave”