Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

PV3 Endgame

The graveyard sits on a hill behind the church, overlooking the whole town. Many generations of continuous family lines can be found within the fence that encircles the land designated for this use. Most of the oldest gravestones have started to be reclaimed by the wild growth of the surrounding foliage, although a large ornate stone crypt featuring intricate carvings of various fish has been treated with the utmost care by the former groundskeeper. Behind the crypt is an area of land unused except for the presence of a large white gazebo. This area offers a view out over the surrounding environment and is relatively free of hazards.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Pippa walked over to the site of the bullets' impact. The graveyard was definitely getting wrecked. Pippa wasn't superstitious, so she wasn't worried about being cursed. After all, she was unlucky enough to end up here, and unlucky enough to have been attacked and threatened. But she was lucky enough that fate kept giving her the options to survive and be above the situation. So maybe a stone was damaged in the process. She'd pay everything back in dividends back home.

Pippa glanced around and finally saw Virgil, laying against a headstone and clutching his side. He was hit. An injury like that meant he was surely on the way towards death. Pippa nodded towards Virgil and stepped towards him, keeping the gun aimed at him.

"You've done well," she told him. "Thank you for being respectful to me in our brief meeting. I'll always appreciate that."

Pippa stopped walking and stared at Virgil.

"Now, I think it's time we end this."

She paused, waiting to see what the boy had to say before she ended this.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Virgil's head swiveled to the side. Pippa was there, standing before him.

She was giving him another chance to speak. Strange, he... hadn't expected that. He wanted to plead for her to hold off, give him more time. Allow him to speak to Galahad. Allow him to die knowing for certain that he'd put his life into the best hands. That he hadn't made an awful mistake.

He didn't think that would work.

"I-I just please, remember what I said earlier. Follow through y-you..." his throat was dry. "Make sure you carry on our memories... all of us, even the ones you hated or didn't even know..."

Virgil's eyes darted around the graveyard. The feeling was inevitable end was now fully upon him. He'd hoped he'd be calmer than this. All the philosophy, all the retrospection... it wasn't as helpful as he'd hoped. In the end he was just afraid. A mere human, enslaved to his base survival instincts, exactly like everyone else buried here.

"And, ah, Pippa. Just... one request." his eyes turned to the ground. "In my desk at home, there are some papers. Writings. Can you take the ones in the green folder- er, the other ones you can just shred- and please, put them out there? Publish them, or just put them on the internet. So that they exist where people can read."

He swallowed and wipe his eyes.

"Please, just this one thing. And, ah, quickly if you can. If my Mum finds them first she might just toss them out. That's... that's the last thing I need to say."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Virgil continued to sputter on, telling Pippa to remember to honor and cherish the memories of those who died here. Pippa nodded as he spoke. This was a tragedy, after all. If Pippa was to be the sole survivor, she'd be the face of the school, the town, of this international affair. She'd be obligated to carry on the memories of those who died. It was a burden she'd have to carry, mostly by governmental and contractual obligation, but she could do it. After all, this was why she would be the survivor: so she could continue.

Virgil also had a personal request, something about a mysterious green folder in a desk back home. She wasn't sure what could be in there. If it was too controversial, she'd be hesitant to put it out there. But if it was something like a fantasy novel he was working on, she could see to it that a publisher put it in every book store in the UK. A posthumous novel written by a victim of this madness. Pippa liked how that sounded. It was the sort of thing you named a scholarship after.

Pippa smiled at Virgil.

"Sure," she said. "I'll see to that request. Goodbye, Virgil. I won't forget you."

She raised the gun at Virgil, and pulled the trigger.
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

Virgil looked at Pippa. He saw her kind eyes, her serene smile.

He was scared.

The impact knocked him to the ground. He stared at the blue sky above him. He tried to go peacefully, he truly did, but he couldn't. The pain in his chest was overbearing. He could stand it. He reached futilely around him, clawed into the ground and felt the dirt beneath his fingers. He gasped and coughed. Try as he might to move on, he was still here. Still lying in this pain and regret. His punishment for failing, maybe?

Virgil eyes rolled around until they settled on some vague shapes in the distance. He couldn't tell what it was, but it kept getting closer. Death, maybe? He wished it would get here sooner.
Cactus
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Cactus »

"PIPPA!"

The graveyard had a sort of serenity that was wholly inappropriate for the situation and Fisher's best attempt at an authoritative yell did very little to break that. While he and Galahad had taken great care to sneak around and avoid being seen, the gunfire had drawn their notice rather easily. Taking a route to position themselves behind one of the larger tombstones and more importantly, to the exact rear of their two classmates; the duo had come upon the exchange at the very end, but been powerless to prevent Pippa from putting several shots into Virgil.

Powerless; except for one small detail.

Standing, he held his arm extended, the pistol pointed directly at Pippa's back. There was still a bit of distance between them, and so there was a lot of margin for error, but he hoped that he had the fortitude to actually do what he hadn't been able to before. To act before someone else lost their life, like Tiny had his. It hadn't been until Oliver had rushed at him that he'd — Fisher didn't want to think about that right now.

"S—stop right there. Put it down. Nobody else has to die."

Fisher wasn't sure he believed that anymore.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Well, here they all were. Together at last. For what would almost certainly be the last time.

Galahad’s hands gripped tightly to the tombstone as he caught his breath, refusing to blink as he watched the space between Pippa’s back and the barrel of the gun. He’d felt his heart in his mouth as they’d scurried towards her and the crack of gunfire had rang out, so certain had he been that they’d been aimed their way, and even now, he couldn’t quite convince himself his lungs weren’t about to realise they’d been perforated and he would collapse to the floor in a bleeding useless heap.

But the reality, of course, was that neither he nor Fisher had been hit. They’d come right at the tail end of Pippa and Virgil’s confrontation. The outcome was right before their eyes; literally lying, on the grass, nestled next to a shattered headstone. Galahad could see Virgil’s body, even with Pippa standing in front of it. He hadn’t hated the guy, even when he’d been trying to take Pippa to the end; it was easy to distance yourself from the people someone had killed if you were already a world apart from them. There was even less animosity towards him now, now that his body was just… lying there. Motionless, until the U.S. soldiers came to bag him up.

Oh, but Pippa? Galahad thought that he could hate Pippa. He wasn’t good at that, the whole ‘hatred’ thing, his body hadn’t managed to react that way towards Victoria for killing Rue, or towards Kat for killing Rajni. But if he didn’t already hate Pippa, he had an inkling, a gut instinct, that he would as soon as she opened her mouth.

Hate her enough to want her to die? Maybe not. He wanted none of this still, wanted it to have never happened. Hate her enough that she had to die, to make sure she didn’t end up in the raffle for the last person standing?

Yeah. Yeah, he could do that.

He waited, breath bated, for Pippa’s response.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Pippa froze in place as someone called out to her. She knew she shouldn't have done so, but the suddenness got her. She remained in place and glanced behind her. Fisher. He wasn't dead. That shot didn't get him, and her bayonet stab didn't help either. Somehow, the boy was still kicking around. She should have stabbed him in the throat.

He was demanding that she put her gun down and that no one else would have to die. She glanced back down to Virgil. He was definitely on his way towards the afterlife. Pippa blinked, and then exhaled.

"Seems a little late for that," she remarked. "And quite a bit bold for you to make that demand when you have the prime seat."

Pippa turned herself towards Fisher, keeping the gun pointed to the ground. If Fisher of all people was going to be her end, then she had to at least make sure he didn't have the cowardice to kill her from behind. He tried that once in the last hour, so she wouldn't give him a second.

As she turned, she saw the other finalist. Galahad. Looks like he narrowly avoided her hail of gunfire as well. This was just great. Virgil was a dead man from the beginning. She should have focused on these boys first.

"If no one else is to die, and if it's just the three of us, then what? Petition the US government for our release? Lay down our arms and wait until they comply? Enlighten me, Fisher. What's the better option than trying to survive this game?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Polybius

Post by Polybius »

The shapes grew larger and more distinct. The one with the cap rushed forward, drawing a gun. The blond one stayed back, cautious of the confrontation. It wasn't the end, but rather a new twist in the story.

(He might have laughed if not for the searing pain.)

Once again, everything he'd thought he'd known had been thrown on its head. And for one more time, he was proven to be an ignorant pawn of fate. Only, this time the realization was a relief. Perhaps there could be another way to end this. Perhaps he still had time.

But as Virgil shakily reached a hand out to Fisher and Galahad, it still seemed only a faraway dream. His hope turned to a familiar longing. He wanted to talk to them, pick their brains. Learn who they truly were as people, and tell them about himself in return. But his voice only came as a labored rasping and the slightest movement felt like a Sisyphean task. Powerless, as he'd been since entering this world. Others could be writers, directors, and actors. Virgil was only an observer, no matter how hard he had tried.

Resigned, Virgil lowered his hand to the ground. He shut his eyes.

He let himself fall into the abyss.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

His arm quivered under the weight of the pistol. She had put him on the spot, and for all of her pompous posturing, she wasn't entirely incorrect. That wasn't the point.

"You didn't even try and think about any other option, did you? All you did was wait for an excuse and then as soon as you had one, it was full speed ahead. What you did to — to Freya was inexcusable."

At the mention of his late comrade, he knew that Galahad would react. Pippa had turned to face them, which took the weapon away from Virgil and onto them. From his peripheral vision, Virgil looked about as much of a goner as one could be, bleeding and fading in and out of consciousness. Lovely. Another victim on Pippa's tally chart, another notch on the belt. The more he thought about it, the more he felt the fire within his chest start to rise. How many people needed to die, just because the Americans said they did?

"You're smart, Pippa; at least I thought you were. Someone like you could have thought a way out. Sure, they have cameras, they have people surrounding the resort, but there's always a way. Nothing's bloody impossible! I'm sure you didn't expect me to be standing here. That's proof enough, yeah?"

He still almost didn't believe it himself.

"Just put down your gun and we'll figure something out. We have to."

She wasn't going to put the weapon down. Fisher knew that, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Even if she did, there were debts that needed to be paid. After all that she had done, he knew in his heart what was going to come next, and between the fiery anger at her murderous rampage and his own terror at the predicament, he wanted to live in this moment forever.

They couldn't.

His safety was off.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Fisher had to know he was asking for an impossibility.

Galahad caught a brief glance of his face under the moonlight, looking away from Pippa for only a split-second, not wanting to let her out of his sight for a moment. He couldn’t gauge the expression on his face, not in this low light, and not with that short a glimpse. He had to know, though, had to be aware that there wasn’t any way out other than the one route they’d been shown. They’d all seen, or at least heard, the helicopters surrounding the town. They all knew how tight a ship the Americans were running.

And, once more, he knew where this route would lead, to two people facing an escape pod with only room for one. They would have to cross that bridge when they came to it. There was something far more urgent, someone far more dangerous to deal with.

His fingernails were digging into the moss on the tombstone; they were already dirty and chipped, and he could feel them press into the stone, threatening to crack further, threatening to shatter the entire thing beneath his grip. He stood up straight, all at once, and spoke without thinking, his voice carrying across the graveyard, even as it trembled, and even as he shook.

“Tell… Tell me what happened with Freya.”

Would Pippa’s answer change what would happen here?

“Tell me why you killed her!”

No. It wouldn’t. But he had to hear it, straight from the horse’s mouth.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Fisher's statement was laughable to Pippa. Who was he to say she had other options? She knew what her options were. She knew the limits of what they were once she became a prisoner of war and had to weigh her life against those she went to school with. Fisher was acting like her choices were wrong, but she was here, with a 1 in 3 chance of leaving, of proving she was better than the Americans thought she was, of proving that she was destined for greatness, of proving she was better than Bellington.

Galahad had a more direct question for Pippa. He wanted to know about Freya. Everything had to come back to that cow, didn't it?

"Well, since I'm guessing Fisher didn't tell you, I can," Pippa said.

Pippa slowly stepped away from Virgil's body. She knew they still had weapons trained on her, so she kept her gun by her side and faced Galahad.

"We had a disagreement. Freya wanted to save someone even though it would endanger myself, Fisher, and Freya in the process. I refrained out of caution and to prevent the situation from becoming more aggravated. I tried to explain this to Freya, but she refused to listen and assaulted me."

Pippa flashed her teeth at Galahad, pointing to where her missing tooth was.

"I knew then that she was unstable. Freya was set in her beliefs and would endanger those around her. Any slight disagreement with her frigid beliefs would result in violence. So I took her out. It helped me, it helped Fisher, and it helped everyone else still alive at that point."

"I know you refuse to believe it, but when she attacked me, I knew that she was one bad event away from turning. Who's to say she wouldn't have killed more people to get to this point? I saw her potential for murder, and I stopped it before it dragged me and Fisher down with her."

Pippa chuckled and glared at Galahad.

"You know, you all assume the worst of me. You hate me for taking lives, for making these choices. But these people chose to attack me. Freya, Kian, Michelle, they all wanted me dead and made it clear it was me or them. I'm trying to survive this like all of you. That's the choice I made. Just like you chose to kill absolutely no one to get to this point, which has clearly worked for you, just like killing direct threats to my life has worked for me."

Pippa turned to Fisher.

"Even you must have rationalized killing Oliver. Tell me, did Oliver attack you first? Was it him or you in that moment?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

"Oh, come on, Pippa. That's bullshit and you know it!"

The moment that Pippa opened her mouth to laughably respond to their question, his uncertainty was replaced by annoyance. It was just like her to try and explain everything away, as though she were the innocent victim in all of it. Fisher's shoulders fell in frustration as she sugarcoated the circumstances behind Freya's death to an obviously shaken Galahad. The boy had wanted to understand how and why his best friend had died, and this explanation was full of happenstance and half-truths. Her pointed question to him only served as a second stab — the bayonet on her rifle explaining the bruise that he was likely to have on his stomach were he alive long enough for his body to let it.

There were so many half-truths floating about now, he didn't even know where to begin. His frustration was boiling over, coated in shame at his role in Oliver's death.

His role; that was rich. Fisher had pulled the trigger, he was a killer all the same as Freya was. It was a fact that he'd been dancing around for hours now. No matter the context of the situation, no matter how you wanted to assign it — she was a murderer, he hadn't had a choice — Oliver was still dead and that was on him. Mitigating circumstances be damned.

Reconciling that only made him more upset. At the Americans, at Pippa — at all of them.

"You 'knew' she was unstable? The only thing that was unstable was that rickety old pier and if you'd taken even a single second to at least try and help, maybe Lena doesn't die there. Freya was thinking with a very clear mind; maybe the only one of us who was and," Fisher's lip curled upwards; his expression was sour, "look where that got her."

His frustration only made his hand tremble more, the pistol feeling as unfamiliar in his hand as it had when he'd helplessly watched Tiny die. Pippa had brought an elephant to the party and it was taking up space in his mind. It was time to look to it.

"Oliver," he inhaled, "murdered Tiny right in front of me and took me hostage. His grand plan was to drag me to the end at gunpoint and get the easy win."

What he was about to say went against everything that he felt inside, everything that he'd been telling himself. Pippa had a gun pointed his way and if he showed any more weakness, she would pounce on it like she had back at school, like she had in this game. If she at least believed that he was capable of the things he could barely comprehend, perhaps it would give him at least some advantage — he'd already squandered his preparedness.

Hopefully Galahad wouldn't think he was standing with two monsters; maybe he would understand.

"Look where that got him."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“You…”

Galahad looked, wide-eyed, from Pippa to Fisher, Pippa to Fisher, back and forth, back and forth.

“You are…”

He breathed heavy, taking in everything Pippa and Fisher had just said, comparing their versions of events with each other, comparing what they’d both said about Freya and her actions.

“You are so full of shit.”

Comparing, as he glared daggers directly at Pippa, what they’d said with everything he knew about Freya.

Who did Pippa think she was talking to? Did she not realise how close he was with Freya? Or did she think that his anger, his fear, all of his heightened emotions at running into his best friend’s killer would stop him from thinking straight and fill him with too much doubt to properly comprehend what he was dealing with?

‘Freya was unstable’. ‘Freya assaulted me’. Bullshit. Nothing but a fountain of lies. Freya got angry, yes, Freya had a temper, sure, Freya was difficult to deal with, fine. But aggravated assault? Never. Never ever. Anything that got Freya mad, there was always a reason for.

And from what both Pippa and Fisher said, that Pippa had stopped her from trying to save somebody, that sounded like a justifiable reason to him.

He breathed in sharply through his nose, feeling a sudden sharp pain in his mouth as he bit his tongue in his heightened anger. The way Pippa was trying to shrug this all off. The way she was trying to justify the three people she’d killed, while simultaneously painting Freya and Fisher as the bad guys? Her killing Freya because she might have turned killer was fine, her killing three other people was okay, Fisher killing someone who was also a triple killer was bad?

“Fisher. Fisher.”

Galahad hissed urgently at the other boy, still facing Pippa, not daring to let her leave his line of sight.

“She’s not gonna back down, Fisher, she’s totally set in her ways, she…”

His eyes flashed to the gun in Fisher’s hands, his heart in his throat.

“She won’t… let us… figure another way out…”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Pippa had to wonder why they asked for her point of view if they were just going to ignore it. As she saw it, she was justified in her actions, and they weren't going to accept it no matter what. She could explain why she felt threatened by Freya, why she felt she had to do it, and they still couldn't understand why she didn't want to add more weight to a collapsing dock no matter how blatantly obvious the stupidity of it was. There was no getting them to calm down. They wanted her dead, and they weren't going to understand her.

Not like she really expected much to come out of it. If they weren't satisfied by her reasonable explanation, then that was on them. It was just the three of them now, and it wasn't like she could expect either of them to join her and turn on the other.

Pippa sighed and rolled her shoulders, keeping the gun pointed to the ground.

"Alright. You don't accept my reasons," she said. "I accept that. Now then, are you going to kill me?"

Pippa turned slowly to face Fisher, her gaze meeting his.

"You can end it in one pull of the trigger. You probably would be justified to do so. You'd probably feel justified. So, why don't you?"
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2

Program V3 Prologue

Program V3

TV:

TV2

TV3

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1

Second Chances V2
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

She's set in her ways.

You can end it in one pull of the trigger.

They were both correct, of course.

So why didn't he press the trigger and send death flying a few feet away towards the one person whose actions had complicated his life more than any of his classmates had over the last few days? There was only one way out of this for the lot of them, his own fading hope of a collaboration notwithstanding. The things that Pippa had done, the vengeance that was demanded by the people her victims had left behind? It wouldn't allow for a happy ending.

Not this time.

Fisher's hand quivered on the pistol and his finger moved to the trigger. The weapon's weight felt heavier than anything he'd ever lifted before and he fought a combination of his own fatigue and his weariness to keep it pointed squarely at the uppity banshee standing before him. This shouldn't have been hard, after all of it. This should have been easy; besides he had already done this once, hadn't he?

"Shut up," he finally mustered, his voice sounding far less certain than it had been. The pit in the bottom of his stomach opened up even wider. Had Galahad been the one wielding the gun, Fisher knew that it would have already happened. Yet his own reticence to fire reared itself once more. He wasn't a murderer.

Fisher Darden was a killer, yes. He'd accepted that. Oliver had left him no choice.

But he was no murderer.

Her gun was pointed at the ground, she hadn't fired. She seemed so damn comfortable in her reasoning, so sure of herself. It was infuriating. Pippa met his glare with certainty in her eyes. Were he not already so upset with everyone and everything — himself most of all — he might have screamed out loud.

"Drop your gun," he whispered, knowing against all hope that she wouldn't.

They had to stop her; he'd said as much. But now that push came to shove, what did that actually mean? He'd known the answer then, but he hadn't anticipated that he'd actually have the chance to put theory into practice. Galahad was animated behind him; he didn't need to look at the boy to know how he felt.

Fisher knew what he had to do. He'd known it back at the beach and he knew it now.

He hesitated.

Return to “The Graveyard (PV3)”