What can I fix you with?

Open

Somewhere between a ship and a waterborne building, this establishment is decorated in Chinese motifs, its roof gilded in gold trim and its walls covered in murals depicting the mythology and history. Inside, the restaurant is much more like a land-based building than it is a ship, with two floors of seating, tiled restrooms, and an expansive kitchen. Large tanks and cages once held live fish and lobsters, allowing the customers to select their dinners fresh, but these currently sit empty.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

Kaya grinned at Stokes but before she replied, Pippi approached. Kaya stepped past Bethan a little closer to her. She looked her up and down, smiling briefly as her eyes settled on Pippi's sweater, and again on her bandana. Finally, she met the other girl's eyes, pursing her lips.

"Alright, I don't mind. Bethan, you wanna come or just hang in here?" She looked over her should at the other girl, crossing her arms and stepping over to the door, slowly exiting only as either Pippi or Bethan did.

"We'll be right back, 'kay Stokes? Keep that deal on the table, ya hear?" Kaya called brightly as she stepped out of the room.
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Chris stood by relaxed as he grew increasingly more winded about the fact that he had no idea what was going on. He always told everyone that the sound of silence was the worst sound, and that was true! Silence meant stagnation, and when it's stagnating for good, it's alright. When it's stagnating for bad, it's the worst. But honestly, Chris had a feeling he knew what was truly the worst, and he had misblamed it. Sorry to any wackos who's parents named Silence.

It was {i}his{/i} silence that was the worst. With all these team shit and talk between the older kids, Chris had no idea what to say. Stokes ran a ship tight (as it could be with Chris around.) and Chris sailed it hopefully as far as he could. Until he could ride on a sea of bodies with bloody hands back home.

"Oh! Actually, Greg,"

They gave him a string and Chris stretched it as far as he could. He put the sandwich down and switched rapidly to face the junior.

"You better bring some actually useful stuff back to us, but dude, as long as you didn't take it from a toilet, we'll probably take whatever shit we can get. Also, hi, I'm Chris, Monopoly sucks and we're running one for the SOTF edition anyways. If you could bring other stuff back, that'll be fair."

A brief moment of pure bliss of just him was interrupted once he overheard the gals going outside to talk about things. Things he doesn't know. Things Stokes doesn't know.

"Uh. I don't think so, although if you're making anything but a pipebomb, you could probably just buy some shirts to light up your dinner with!"

Chris, who was shouting that last part as Pippi headed out, felt his burst of loud pitches die out almost instantly, die along with the sincerity of his smile. He looked at Stokes with large azure eyes, wanted to say something with them. Then he realised you can communicate with eyes for most people in real life.

"Oh, say, Stokes, how are we going to get actual stuff like food and other stuff people want? Cause I don't think," He turned to Gregory briefly. "No offence, Greg, but no one comes to SOTF to play board games."
[+] Characters
SOTF-TV V3: (Relationship Thread Here)

Chris Tyrrell - Currently working at What can I fix you with?

The Program V3:

Lucy Arkwright -- Currently dreaming in Sing Us A Song; You're The Piano Man
Molly McKenzie -- Currently looking death in the eye in The Seagull

The Program V2.5:

Edward Taylor -- Currently rescued in...And An Ending.
[+] Art
I have an art thread! But it's closed until the 15th
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Pippi walked out of the boat, noting the lack of usable ovens. A pipe bomb though?
That could be interesting.
Or it could be entirely foolish.
Did Pippi look like someone who could make pipe bombs?
Maybe on a Tuesday.

"Let's talk."
Her feet stepped into the darkness.
She turned around.

"Meet me tomorrow at the Ballroom. In the Cruise Ship. If it's not a Danger Zone, I think I know how to escape."
She hobbled into the darkness, deeper.
"Make sure not to die."

She winked, disappearing deeper into the piers and unto a marina.

((Pippi continued next thread))
Applesintime
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Applesintime »

So, board games and shit were a no-go, which was fair because yeah, nobody came to SOTF to watch people play board games, they came to see blood and gore and cool character arcs! It would be kinda funny if someone died over a Monopoly game, but he wasn't gonna find anyone who wanted that anyway. At least he still had his Kenny Yamana egg timer. He didn't know if anyone would actually want that, and he was keeping it for himself, but there were a few more back there!

"Alright! Uhm, there was a buncha stuff there; ropes, some of those goggles that you use for swimming, uhm... gloves and stuff too! I dunno if that would be any use to you guys, but lemme know if it is and I can go grab some of that stuff! It's all like, sea gear and stuff, and there's a buncha miscellaneous stuff too. I guess I could like, go grab some? There's a bunch of Kenny Yamana egg timers, and I think that you could use those for like, watch and stuff! Like, I was doing watch a day ago and the egg timer helped a lot, 'cause I don't have any kind of watch or anything, you know...?" Gregory was faintly aware that he was rambling and that Stokes probably wouldn't want any of that stuff anyway.

"Say, is there anything you're looking for? LIke, anything in particular? Because I could totally try and find some for you! Or if you just need help around here! Because, like, i know you and Chris already made all of this stuff," He made a sweeping gesture, to the tables flipped over for barricades, the counter, and all the stuff on it.

"But if you need any help with stuff, I could probably do that! I know I'm not like, a big guy, but as Sam- my grandfather always says, steady hands make light work!" He let out a chuckle, feeling oddly out of place. He should be playing, killing. Not bartering like some kinda medieval merchant.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

She didn’t respond to Kaya’s query immediately.

And it wasn’t because she didn’t trust Kaya all of a sudden! Nothing like that! She had been the one constant here, the one who had reminded her that they were just in a very realistic and very scary game, the one who had brought her back down to Earth, the one who had, well, essentially inspired her to play up to this game’s theme as much as she could! It would take a lot, lot more than just a moment of confusion for her to step away from Kaya right now.

But she did want to nip that confusion in the bud as soon as she could. Because she knew, firsthand, how confusion or uncertainty or fear could spread and grow and infect someone when left unchecked and undealt with. And she didn’t think that going to listen to what Pippi had to say would alleviate that situation.

… But, well, then again, neither would staying in the storestaurant, idly rummaging through the ‘wares’ that were for sale, would it? If she had to delay her clarity for a moment longer, then she wanted to do so with Kaya by her side.

“I’ll, um, come with, Kaya!”

Bethan chirped her response brightly as her fellow Buccaneer left the building. She turned back to look at the rest of the restaurshop, and wrapped both hands around the pole of the spear. She tried her best to fix the most menacing grin onto her face as she could, an effect hindered by the fact that she was trying not to giggle with every word she spoke.

“Yeah, we’ll be returning to plunder this here establishment soon enough, Stokes! And, uh…. G and C! You’d best be prepared!”

She dipped out of the building, then a moment later, stuck her head back round the doorway.

“Um, we’re not going to, uh, actually plunder you! If you were worried. Just in case!”

She trotted down the front steps of the restaurant and onto the jetty, just in time to catch Pippi’s last few words before she vanished into the darkness. Bethan walked closer, standing next to Kaya, brow furrowing deeper and deeper the further and further away she stepped from the bright lights and the Buccaneer act. She looked at her friend, her ally, her confidant, breathing in the crisp, salt-encrusted night air for a moment.

“Escape?” Bethan asked tentatively. “Why would we need to escape? I guess, maybe, there would be ratings and drama in that, but we’ve already got our angle here, with the Buccaneers, and…”

Her voice slowed and faltered, and gingerly, she lowered her pike, putting it down at her feet, the weapon neatly lying lengthways between the two of them.

“Kaya, what’s going on? Like, um, what happened back there with Emmett and Amanda? Weren’t we all going to be sticking together? We’re the Buccaneers, one for all, and all… all that?”

Her hands found Kaya’s, softly slipping into the other girl’s grasp, holding them softly. She looked expectantly into her eyes, waiting for her to say that it had just been a moment of panic, or a way to get even more drama and excitement. Something like that.

What else could it be?
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

In out and in and out. What was with this hokey kokey shit?

Stokes nodded at Kaya, masking frustration. That was supposed to be a chance to seal something, lay down that marker for this place actually working, trading more than just supplies. Forget that they'd just barely managed the supplies part up til now. Was still sposed to-ugh. Alright. Alright. Wind it in. She'd get her shot.

"Scavenge, Junior, like he's saying."

Twonior picked up quickly enough that Stokes didn't have to.

Oh and Bethan was running back outside, reassuring no plundering. Great. Cool.

That took Stokes a second to reset from.

"...We could go for another pair of hands," she said, guarded. "Maybe you can prove you're good for it by goin' grabbing some of that stuff you were talking about."
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya gazed at Pippi silently, her hand slowly reaching over to Bethan’s shoulder and gripping it tightly.

Brow furrowed, she took a breath, saying nothing as Pippi walked off. She turned to Bethan as the other girl asked her a question. Her eyes widened a little and she opened her mouth. Her hand dropped to her side and Bethan gripped it. Kaya squeezed it a little before loosening her grip.

“Well, we want to win, right?” Kaya began slowly. “And if we stay here, we’re more likely to lose. B-besides,” she laughed a little, “this isn’t even our ship, is it? We’re like, captives. We have to escape and get to our own ship, right?”

As she finished, Bethan asked her a second question, and her face slipped once more. She squeezed Bethan’s hand again, but said nothing for a couple of moments.

“Well--” she began, but didn’t finish. In the distant darkness, something seemed to catch her eye, and she turned her gaze outwards, furrowing her brow.

((Eric Cunningham continued from Final Draft))

Eric was quite pleased with himself.

Sure enough, there were multiple people on the outside of the ship. He spotted one, heading off in the other direction, and didn’t get the chance to do much, but there were two more, girls from the looks of it, standing in the darkness conversing. About what? Didn’t matter. They’d be dead soon. Both unarmed, standing totally still, easy targets.

Even better, he could hear conversation coming from within the ship. At least a few more people were in there, and if he could get past these two, he’d have a closed quarters to get through everyone else, assuming they weren’t armed or ready, and if they were just hanging around chatting, Eric would bank on at least one of those being true. And it wasn’t like he needed it to be perfect. Walk in, take a few shots, and leave as needed.

There was just...a slight snag. As he stepped behind the crate on the floating platform leading to the restaurant’s ramp, the girl in the fedora and trenchcoat--seriously? A trenchcoat? Eric liked noir as much as any sensible person, but still--turned her head and locked eyes with him.

Not quite the perfect ambush, then, but close enough. As the girl opened her mouth, Eric sprung into action, lunging up from the crate and firing a shot.

Bang, bang, bang.

“Lookout!”

The girl shouted and jumped forward, grabbing the other girl standing next to her and tackling her to the ground with a singular thump. The bullets clanged off the side of the boat behind her and splashed into the water below.

Not good. Eric grimaced, checking his gun as he dipped behind cover. It hadn’t jammed yet, which was better than average, but now they were alerted to his presence and in a position that made it hard to get a good shot. That left him with a few options. He could retreat now, before anything else happened, but he wasn’t really in a position to lose anything.

Non-trenchcoat girl was still on the ground, but trenchcoat girl had rolled away into the cover of darkness. Where was she going? Eric raised his head again and looked around, but it was too dark for him to make anything out. Had she run away? Regardless, she was definitely less armed than he was, so as long as he didn’t let her get too close, he was fine. The other girl, on the other hand, seemed an easy enough target. Eric stood up to get a better angle and prepared to take another shot.

Eric hadn’t realized how heavily he was breathing until, as he slowly took a quiet breath, he realized that he hadn’t heard footsteps. Until now.

Eric turned to look.

The girl’s silhouette was now clear in the starlight; she had gotten closer to him, much closer, only about 20 feet away or so on the walkway. Eric reflexively raised his gun and fired.

Bang. Click.

For a moment, he thought he’d hit her, and he exhaled reflexively in relief. But no, he realized after a moment. She’d opened up her coat; as it billowed out around her in the darkness, he’d shot a hole through that rather than her body. A clever trick, but she was still unarmed, and Eric had a sword, which he was now reaching for as he stepped forward.

Wait. Eric hesitated at the sight of further movement, not towards him, but…

Did she just pull a rifle out of her trenchcoat?

“You-”

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

ERIC CUNNINGHAM
DECEASED

Kaya lowered the M1895 Lee Navy. The first shot had gone wide, striking the crates Eric had hid himself behind. The second had struck him in the left shoulder. The third and fourth had struck him in the torso. With that, Eric had dropped the gun from his hands and fallen backwards, his body thudding quietly against the deck as the gun clattered to the side.

‘Wait here’ is what she’d whispered to Bethan as she crouched, quickly crawling away from the light and off to the side. There, she’d stopped in the darkness by the open water, eyes fixed on Eric. Silently, she’d begun to slowly open up her coat, clenching it tightly so that the gun, which was barely concealed between the collar and the long ends of it, didn’t clatter free.

Kaya stayed there until Eric had stood up and started walking towards Bethan, at which point, she’d stepped back out, loosing her arms from her sleeves and letting the coat hang freely over her shoulders, clutching the gun to her chest.

Eric had shot at her, and as soon as he had, she’d shot back. And now, as she slipped her coat back on and closed it up properly, she wordlessly stared down at his body. Well, wordlessly except for a few.

“Nice try, asshole.”
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Stuff they're looking for?

"Well, if you could pick up a few desires to live and if you're being really generous, a Streetcar that's Named Desire, that'll be sweet."

Chris didn't care that bee boy probably didn't have good taste and get the reference or even if the joke was goof, but hey, he had it saved up for the last few days! And something so vague as 'stuff you're looking for' was practically asking for it. He smirked and added a chuckle.

(Jesus Christ, laughing at your own jokes, new low, you pathetic wannabe.)

The rush of senior girls moving in, and out confused Chris quite a lot. First Apples stepped out, then cyberpunk and that other pirate. Frankly, it was unsettling, and Chris didn't usually mind rushes! It was less the rush, and moreso the fact, that he had no idea what was going on!

He really didn't, did he. That thought swept everything else he had on his mind, and stood there impossible to ignore. It stood there for a hot second. After that, Chris restocked himself, putting that one song from Legally Blonde over it, because as they say, out of sight, out of mind, right?

After waving at Bethan (At least they had humour. At least they had that.) goodbye, Chris directed his somewhat sore hand to Anthony.

"Hey, no worries you look a bit girly, as long as you grab whatever remotely useful and come back you're goody. Frankly, I wish we had enough paper to make you sign a waiver that we're not responsible for your death, but he-"

Chris jumped, and then stumbled to his way to the axe he had nearby just out of reach behind the counter. Then he realised he was being a dumbass. Stopped, but his eyes were wild, and he could have swore he was twitching a little.

"What the FUCK was that?"

That came out as way more of a fearful whisper then Chris wanted, which, by the way, he was NOT being fearf....

This whole comedy routine was getting old.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Alright, go get some stuff from the shop boat and give it to these guys! Sounded like a plan. A kinda stupid plan because like, this whole thing was gonna end up imploding when some player with a gun walked in and blew these two away because they were playing at being cashiers like little kids in daycare, but that hadn't happened just yet and so it would maybe give him something to do while he looked for Cory or played or something! These guys probably wouldn't mind if like, the food or whatever he gave them didn't originally belong to them.

"Alright, I'll head out now!" Stepping away from Stokes' counter, mentally planning out his route as he stepped towards the entrance - or, more the exit now, Gregory hummed to himself. Sure, he had no kills yet and that was a little embarrassing, but Corin only had like, one kill until endgame and then he got a bunch and won! First Cory, next he'd be on Kieran's podcast! He could ramble all about the bees and shit, it sounded awesome!

Then seven shots rang out; first three, then four, just outside, and Gregory threw himself to the floor. Fuck, he had only been thinking hypothetically about a killer with a gun coming in! He couldn't die here! He still had to kill Cory and win and go home and see Sammy and check up on his hive back at Mangrove and promote bee stuff. Banging his nose against the floor, he felt the tell-tale sensation of liquid welling up in his nose. For... This was like, the FOURTH TIME! Five minutes without getting a nosebleed! All he wanted! For a minute, he lay there, blood streaming from his nose and getting all over the floor. The shooting had stopped.

Nobody was going to say Gregory Miller was a coward! Scrambling up off the floor, he tried to remember Ben's advice; what was it, pinch the top of his nose? So he did that, and stumbled outside, only to witness the aftermath; Kaya, that girl who had been in the shop for a few minutes before leaving with those other girls holding a rifle, and that dude Eric, lying dead on the jetty with a bunch of gunshot wounds in him and a sword lying near him.

"Holy shit! You guys OK?" He couldn't see Eric's bandana from here, but he had killed a bunch of people already, right? Man, he probably woulda shot up the entire shop if he had been allowed to get in! Kaya saved his ass, Stokes' ass, and everyone else's ass! Man, that was cool. A total sort of like, hero arc thing going on! With her sidekick, the other girl who was really colorful and her gun!

Either that, or she was gonna shoot him as well. That wouldn't be heroic.
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]

SOTF-TV V3

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Bethan could feel her heart pounding away in her chest, like it was trying to burst through her ribs and escape into the ocean below, as she lay flat on the deck, cheek pressed into the cold metal jetty, eyes tightly screwed shut.

She couldn’t actually tell whether the rat-a-tat-tat and bang-bang-bang and pow-crack-pow from up above was still going strong, that was how loud her heartbeat was, the pulsing, pounding sensation of the blood rushing through her body. Her spear lay next to her, somewhere - maybe a foot away, maybe on the other side of the jetty. Maybe it had rolled straight into the water when Kaya had pulled her down. She didn’t know. All that she could tell was that her own heart was still beating.

And it was this, really, that made her think about how unfair the weapon rolls were in Survival of the Fittest. Like, yeah, a sword or an axe or a spear or or, like, a big heavy sledgehammer, they all looked really cool and stuff, and if you hit anyone on the head with any of them then that’d probably count as a ‘kill’ in the eyes of the producers and stuff, and if you were given a joke weapon or a utility weapon, like, like, like a big bag of bees, or something, then that was really good television, watching how you’d react to that or figure out how to properly use your GPS to your advantage, that was all fine! But she also had to assume that it wasn’t rocket science to put your finger on the trigger of a gun and then pull it when you wanted to get a ‘kill’, and so like, you could just rock up to someone and stay a whole boat’s length away from them and still knock them out of the game, and that was just super unfair and super lame! Super… super lame!

Super lame. Yeah. That’s what it was. That’s what she needed to think about, while she waited for her heart and her mind to calm down.

So she waited. And she waited a little bit longer. And she waited for a few more minutes as well. And her heart still wasn’t even trying to slow down and she still couldn’t hear a single thing over the ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum, and she had no idea at all what was going on above her, and the only thing she could do to solve that was look up, because, because, because the worst that would happen would be that she’d see that Kaya had already been eliminated from the game, or that their attacker would notice her moving and knock her out as well, so! So.

So she raised her head, pushing herself up slightly on one arm, and she saw Kaya a few feet away, and finally, finally she could breathe a sigh of relief, and her heart could stop hammering away so very loudly. There was smoke drifting out from beneath her coat. Her coattails flapped and whipped in the breeze.

“Kaya?” Bethan called out, aware of the commotion that was coming from the entrance of the restaurant. “Is… Are they, um…”

No no no, don’t finish that sentence, don’t ask her that, because they couldn’t be that, because that was final, and that wasn’t how this game worked, Kaya had said so, and so, and so, and so in a few hours, whoever it had been that had attacked them and lost would pick themselves up and scurry onto the production boat, licking their wounds, or something.

Or something.

“Did we win?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Okay there were a lot of people here and all but Stokes was gonna have to have a talk with Junior sometime soon about when helping out with the sales got to be laying it on too thick. She didn't need him to plus one everything she said, especially not with whatever random ass comments went through his head he thought counted as jokes. Was it an audience thing? That it? Trying to play up to the cameras by having the best one liners and memorable comments? Like first of all, good luck, if that was the best he could do, second, Stokes had seen it before watching the show and it'd never not been cringe. People who were funny had it come natural, even if they had to work at the natural.

It'd always been good material for abridging though-

Right. Ugh.

Fuck.

Stokes was almost grateful that her headspace got blown apart by the repeated blasts of gunfire from outside.

"Jesus!"

That was what the barricade was for. She used it. Raid? Drive by? (...swim by). Dammit. Fuck. Dammit. She was supposed to have more by now. More people, more gear. She was supposed to have the right kind of rep for this not to happen, and the right kind of setup that people would think twice if the good word wasn't enough. The house of cards wasn't supposed to fall before she finished building.

The shooting stopped. Twonior immediately bled on the floor and blundered out into the open. Smart. Huge brain. Stokes waited a second. No further shooting. Hm.

Give it a minute.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya finished approaching Eric's body and crouched. After a moment, she produced a flashlight and shined it, first on his face and bandana, then his collection of empty duffel bags, and finally on the sword and the gun laying at his side. Eric stared blankly back at her as she picked up the sheathed cutlass and tucked it away into her coat.

"I'm okay!" Kaya called, rising to her feet and turning off the flashlight. She looked out towards the floating restaurant, furrowing her brow. She took off her fedora and fanned her face a couple of times, took a couple of deep breaths, then trotted back across the docks over to Bethan.

"Yep, we won." Kaya said with a weak smile. She extended her hand to help Bethan rise to her feet. "Gave me a real scare, but we handled it!" Kaya's face fell for a bit as she glanced over to the open door to the restaurant, gritting her teeth for just a moment. Then, she called out.

"Hey, uh, so that guy just came up and took some potshots at us, so I took him out. We're good now, I think." She glanced over her shoulder and back into the darkness. "I think it was uh, Eric? Remember him? Kind of a dick. I think he was on the announcements before, too, so."

Kaya shrugged. Her eyed showed a brief flash of worry as her gaze hovered over the various people taking cover in the boat. She tugged her coat a little more tightly around herself.
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"Yeah, that's cool!" Gregory chimed, still holding his nostril. It was kind of getting better? Man, thanks, Ben! He woulda been bleeding all over himself again and he'd look like a really easy target or a dork or something! Anyway, he didn't know who Eric was, but he could faintly see that the dude had the same bandana on him as Gregory was wearing, so you know what, that kinda sucked! Dude wouldn't have shot him, because he was wearing the right bandana! They coulda wiped out the whole boat together, taking Stokes' shit and all the guns and food and stuff - well, there weren't any guns, but he coulda had Kaya's rifle! He'd totally be able to shoot Cory with that. It'd be all cool; some epic fight and Gregory would win and do some really cool kill and it'd be like, a season highlight!

And then Gregory realised, that if Kaya was going to shoot Eric, why wouldn't she shoot him too? She wasn't gonna be sad about the idea of killing someone, cause she just shot Eric, and if she shot Eric, she could shoot him! So, he started to slowly back away as Kaya sort of glanced over her shoulder - she must have a buddy or something - and then took off into the night. He could go to the shop boat in the morning, come back and get all that cool stuff! But for now, it was time to run, before Kaya shot him too. Because if you had a gun and some dude was right in front of you, why wouldn't you shoot him? That would just be dumb. And he was trying to be all smart now.

((Gregory Miller continued in Armageddon Game))
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances

SOTF-TV
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International

SOTF-TV V3

SOTF Supers
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Sadly, for everyone, including him involved, Chris would not be stopping his downpour of clumsy, badly delivered jokes. Greg's nosebleed wasn't the only thing spilling on the floor (Which, by the way, dude, in a death game? This reminded him of this one time when a guy in middle school started some melodramatic scene in improv that no one cared about and was just distracting. His name was Chris Tyrell or something.)

"Well, never knew the first blood drawn here would be from a noseblood but thanks for setting the scenery...."

Thank god Chris couldn't physically say anything more louder then from a mouse. A mouse in sunglasses and a tank top, but a mouse that made his way to the entrance. During the uncomfortable silence, he just muttered something to himself, swinging the axe around like a hockey stick. It felt like what, being a person waiting for the cancer disagnosis from a doctor? No one enjoying the show? A school lockdown? Yeah, sounds about right.

Eventually, Chris got the morning announcement early, raw and unfiltered and without possibly one of the most annoying broads he's ever heard trying to be cool over static noise. If Chris looked outside, rather then standing by at the corner of the entrance, he would see, abra-cadaver, Eric Cunningham! Good riddance, about time! He didn't interact with the seniors daily, but Chris never saw him talk to ANYONE so it was only a matter of time when he would shoot at a classmate.

(Poor Gustavo. And pseudoscience astrology bitch as well.)

Chris chuckled.

"Okayyy! Uh. Just, feed him to the fishes because a dead body in front of the store is very, very not safe for business. Or life in general."

He wasn't even sure if his voice carried itself to anyone, or if it did, if anyone could make anything out.
[+] Characters

The Program V3:

The Program V2.5:

[+] Art
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

They had… won?

Bethan blinked as Kaya stepped over towards her, half-expecting there to be, like, one of those dramatic movie reveals as Kaya extended her arm out; the movement of her hand exposing the bullet wound - fake, of course, courtesy of a burst bag of corn syrup ‘blood’ - splattered across her chest, the realisation that their victory was pyrrhic, a mutual elimination that would leave Bethan all by herself once more.

But Kaya’s trench coat, flapping in the breeze, didn’t reveal any hidden bloodstains or bullet holes, and after a moment’s pause, a relieved grin spread across Bethan’s face, and she took Kaya’s hand, and let the other girl pull her up to her feet. They had won. They had won! Holy crap, they’d gone and won a fight, and it had probably looked super awesome on TV - well, Kaya would have looked super awesome on TV, but, y’know, not everybody could be the main character in an action scene, sometimes you were just ‘cute cybergoth buccaneer ducking for cover #1’ - and now everybody would know that The Buccaneers meant business!

Bethan stood patiently, bouncing on her heels, shaking out the last few remaining nerves from the shootout, letting the Cap’n - ooh, that had a good ring to it, Cap’n Kaya, she would have to call her that at some point - address the shopstaurant contingent and tell them the score. She bent down to pick her spear up again, and as she did, her mind drifted somewhat. Y’know, this was even better than she’d initially thought, this victory! They’d gotten a tally mark on the board, and that was all they needed to qualify for the grand victory, right? One win, and that was it! Not only that, it was enough for the whole team, not just Kaya! If they could meet up with Emmett and Amanda again, ooh, and the other Buccaneers, of course, then they would all be sitting pretty for the team victory! Which meant that they could play things a little more casually from this point onwards, not totally casually of course, they were still gonna fight evil and plunder from the wicked and, like, swing on ropes from ship to ship or something cool like that, but! They didn’t have to be totally, 100% focused, on getting that one ‘kill’, or on escaping, anymore.

And that gave Bethan the opportunity to do something she had almost totally forgotten about until now.

That would all have to wait for a moment though, of course! There was still some stuff they had to do here, after all, a little bit of cleaning up. She watched as a figure, she couldn’t tell who, probably one of the boys if she had to make a guess, vanished into the night, and she made no movement to try and stop him because, like, she could totally understand wanting to bolt, if she had heard gunshots ringing out in the dead of night, like, five yards away from where she was camping out, she would probably run for the hills too! She did, however, glance over at Kaya and raise her eyebrow at Chris’ words.

“That means we should just, like, put Eric in one of those smaller boats along the jetty, right?” Bethan asked chirpily, the adrenaline still coursing through her body rendering her previous questions, and Kaya’s total non-answer of them, totally forgotten. She wondered whether the producers would use some kinda movie magic to make it look like they’d pushed Eric’s body into the water; pre-recorded footage of a stunt double being shoved off the side of the pier, or sneaky camera angles and a stock ‘Splash’ sound effect, something like that.

“Y’know, to make things easier for the guys who come to pick him up?”

She gave Kaya a perky smile, then looked back at the floating rummage sale, the bright lights shining cheerfully from inside, making the whole place glow bright gold.

“Should we go and see what Stokes wanted, when we’re done? I kinda had something I wanted us to try and do, but we can see whether her plan would line up with that, couldn’t we?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Floating Restaurant (Danger Zone)”