Turtle Town

Open

A decommissioned Coast Guard vessel that last saw service in 1986, the Patrol Boat has a distinctive military efficiency about it. Tight corridors, a secure cabin, and no decorations leave it somewhat less immediately captivating than other ships in the flotilla, but its larger size, ample deck space, and the gigantic, still-functional floodlight mounted on it set it apart from the general sprawl of smaller vessels, and offer a certain potential for the intrepid.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

Kaya nodded. "Not a bad impression when it comes down to it, though." She adjusted her grip on her Lee Navy rifle. "And Bethan's thing isn't too shabby either if we need it. We're pretty alright as far as firepower for now, if you ask me."

She looked between the two of them, her gaze lingering on Emmett's for a moment before she turned to Bethan, then back to the two of them. "Alright, so here's what I'm thinking. For now, we can check out the RocketBoat, see what's up with that, and hang there for a bit. After the announcement, since Steph contacted all three of us already for now, she can tell us where the other team members are, and we can go meet up with them."

Kaya grinned. "Once we find the other people on our team, we stick together for the rest of the game, and walk out in style." She nodded. "Sound good to you two?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Wow, they uh… yeah, wow, they had quite a lot of firepower between the three of them, huh!

Bethan instinctively scooted a few feet away from Emmett as soon as he revealed what his weapon actually was, trying and failing not to look at it, particularly not the ‘bang’ end of the bangstick. See, guns, divorced of context and without being pointed at somebody could be pretty cool, there was a sorta aesthetic behind them; Bethan had plenty of crop tops and jackets and arm warmers with skulls and ray guns printed across them, and they totally fit with her aesthetic even though they were all about death and dying and that sorta scary stuff. And Kaya, standing at the helm of a ship, holding a rifle and wearing a fluttering longcoat, that was totally in the realms of the pirate aesthetic that Bethan had been super into for a couple fun months.

But a bangstick, even though Bethan could barely believe that was what it was actually called? You couldn’t make an aesthetic out of that, it was just a metal pole, and not only that it was a metal pole with the singular purpose of shooting somebody, and it was very very hard to separate the item from the action, really.

But! But but! Did it not make sense for a crew of adventurers to be well armed and well equipped? There were the aforementioned bad guys, the swashbuckling villains who would get in their way of exploration and treasure, but there could also be… like… sharks and stuff! So. So! It was scary, just like Emmett kinda was! But necessary, really!

Bethan was also wondering whether a spear counted as ‘firepower’ considering it was just a big pointy stick, but that wasn’t really at the top of her priorities list!

“Yeah!” she said, a little louder than intended, louder even more so than usual. “An adventure to reunite with the rest of our lost crew and escape this place! Right?”

She clenched her fists eagerly, grinning at the other two, before a lightbulb dinged into existence above her head.

“Oh, but, actually, Stephanie didn’t talk to me! Well, uh, she did, but it was through Emmett’s collar so I dunno if that counts as talking to me exactly, maybe? So we could still get another chance to find out where everybody is?”

She paused, and glanced down at the shiny loop of black metal around her neck.

“Is that right, Stephy?”

Another pause, another lightbulb.

“Oh, um! But if it is right, could you also tell us where the rest of our teammates are maybe?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

A voice comes out of Kaya's collar, not Bethan's.

"Sorry! Not allowed to do that. There's, like, a bunch of mentor rules in this, um, mentor rulebook over here and one of them is that I can't tell you where your teammates are unless you're, like, right next to but can't see each other. So, um, sorry, I can't tell the other Buccaneers to go to the RocketBoat, Kaya. Nor can I tell you to go to-
okay, wait, no, don't actually say that or you'll be breaking mentor rules, Steph. You'll have to find each other on your own."
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

((Amanda Brooks continued from Alone))

Right. Okay. First things first. I need to find a safe place. Somewhere where there are no people. Then I can figure things out. A sarcastic, sneering voice in the back of her mind mocked her with the retort, Safe place? Honey, there are no safe places. Not anymore. You’re on SOTF TV. Get a grip and figure out a plan before you end up dead. She thought, though, that if she could find a spot, just one boat, or a room in a boat, where there were no people, she could at least figure out a strategy, some way to get herself through this.

She was so preoccupied with thinking about this hypothetical safe place that she wasn’t paying much attention to her surroundings, and didn’t realize until it was too late--way too late--that she had just walked in on three of her classmates. She froze, staring at them.

They were Kayla, Bethan, and Emmett. Two of them were peppy popular girls, and the other was a jock. She hadn’t ever really gotten along with any of them. Kayla would sometimes be mean to her for no reason, and then pull the whole, “Oh, I was just kidding!” card with her. As if. That’s always the excuse, isn’t it? Emmett had said some pretty creepy things to her, and in general, didn’t seem to respect women very much. I mean, he’s a jock on the football team, what do you expect? And Bethan...Bethan was the one that she felt the least amount of animosity toward, but she’d never felt close to Bethan. To be honest, Bethan had always seemed too happy for Amanda’s taste. Which was weird, because Bethan was also into the goth scene. Amanda didn’t know what that was all about, but hey, it’s not like she perfectly fit into one category either. And really, none of that mattered right now. The only thing that mattered was that she was now staring down three of her classmates, all of whom were wearing the same bandanna.

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Why had she been so stupid? How could she have gotten herself into this situation? She hadn’t even been awake for half an hour, and already she was going to get herself killed because of her own stupidity. This truly was Survival of the Fittest. Darwinian natural selection. She had nothing but an antique gun in her bag that wasn’t loaded and that she didn’t even know how to use. And because she was so disorganized and goddamn clumsy, she didn’t even know where in her bag it was.

Her heart pounded as she stared at the three people in front of her, clutching her bag to her shoulder, feeling like a deer that sees the last few seconds of its life being swallowed up by the bright headlights of a car.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

That was a weird fucking look Kaya just gave him.

He didn't know what the fuck it was about, but it was definitely a look. Distracting enough as well, as when she started on her spiel about how they were now going to a Rocketboat, he couldn't help but give her a look as well. His was probably more pronounced and obvious, but he didn't care. At the end of the day they were both putting up with each others looks, and at some point they were going to have to say what they meant if they didn't want to get killed.

But he still agreed with what she was saying.

He didn't agree with Bethan wasting her opportunity with Stephanie to ask her something stupid, but whatever.

Something else complicated things, though, and that was the random appearance of Amanda Brooks. He'd heard rumours she was a cutter, and also heard rumours she was a Stage 5 clinger, but he'd had no idea since she ghosted him the one and only time he made a pass at her, which, y'know, her loss. And she just sort of...stood there, weirdly, like, someone'd stuck her shoes to the deck. It gave Emmett enough time to notice that she wasn't wearing a pink bandana, and he'd almost instinctively pulled the bangstick up and leveled it at her.

But in the next few moments, he realized something. The bandana looked white, which meant she wasn't on their team. But it was a weird kind of white. That kid with the knife on the houseboat had white on his bandana, but there was black as well, and the white was brighter. From what he could see, there wasn't black on this bandana, which either meant it was folded weirdly, or...

...Karen's season was his favourite for a reason.

He lowered the bangstick to his side, only a few moments after raising it in the first place.

"...which team are you on?"

Emmett hadn't been the best at school, but he was quickly figuring something out that could work.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya's smile only faltered momentarily as Stephanie speaks.

"Ah, that sucks." She shrugged. "We'll just figure something else out, then. I mean, we found a bunch of people already, it can't be that hard, right?"

It was at this point that Amanda approached, and Kaya turned her head to observe her, raising an eyebrow as the other girl stopped in place. She didn't say anything as Emmett asked the newcomer about her team, only turning to face her, the rifle resting idly in her arms.

"...What he said." She added. "If you're with the Buccaneers, congrats. If not, you should probably head somewhere else, I don't think things'll work out otherwise." She stepped forward a little, positioning herself next to Emmett and in front of Bethan.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Awwww. Well that was kinda super disappointing, but Bethan guessed she should have expected as much! If everybody knew who else was on their team, and where everybody was, then that’d pretty much defeat the purpose of one of this season’s gimmicks! There’d be no adventure, no daring dives into unknown territory to find your missing friends and comrades, just each team grouping up and sticking together from day 1 and just hanging out until somebody got bored!

… Which, admittedly, Bethan still thought sounded like a pretty good time, but she had a feeling the folks behind the cameras wouldn’t super agree with.

But! Kaya had made a good point, and Bethan gave her a beaming smile to show her that, because they did already have a nice little party of Buccaneers, didn’t they? She knew, from cultural osmosis and listening to her friends gushing about them and that one visual novel on Steam based around the concept of teams that had turned out WAY raunchier than she’d been expecting, that the Teams mechanic had been in place the last two seasons, and she knew that on both occasions there’d been teams of five, so if this season was structured the same way… wow, they had managed to get over half of their team together already!

So she had to admit, when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching them, the ‘thud-thud-splash-thud-thunk-thunk’ sound of moving from jetty to gangplank, there was an eager look on her face, cause, y’know! They’d been lucky so far, maybe that streak was gonna continue and they’d have Buccaneer Number Four onboard already!

Bethan’s hopes were quickly dashed by the sight of the white bandana tied around Amanda’s leg, like a pre-emptive tourniquet, but that was okay! She looked pretty frantic and spacey, so maybe she just needed some friendly faces to ground her and- oh gosh, well, um, okay, so, Emmett and Kaya evidently felt otherwise, huh?

She felt a bead of sweat that had been stubbornly clinging on to the back of her neck finally detach and slip down her spine. All of the tension in the air that she’d thought had evaporated was beginning to swirl and coalesce once more. Neither of her allies were pointing their weapons at Amanda - not anymore, at least - but she felt like any sudden movements would change that in a hurry. She looked from Emmett to Kaya, mouth slightly open, her two Buccaneer Buddies forming a kind of wall between her and the newcomer. She raised herself up a little on her tippy toes, peering over Kaya’s shoulder.

“Um!”

She had started speaking without really thinking about what would come out of her mouth, because that was what she did back at school, wasn’t it, and so really that was what she should be doing here too, right? And she also had that habit of getting lost in her own thoughts, like mega deep in her thoughts, without saying anything, which she was kiiiinda about to do here as well, which was also good in a sense but also oh no, she needed to stop doing that right now in another sense!

“I don’t think we need to kick her out right away immediately though, right? Like, if she needs help or food or, or, um, if she’s lost her first-aid kit and needs a bandaid or something, cause we’re Buccaneers, we’re here for adventure and stuff, not… not attacking people.”

She glanced at Amanda, giving the girl a sympathetic look.

“If you’re, um, friendly and stuff, of course!”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Amanda's emotions changed rapidly over the course of a few minutes, leaving her feeling vaguely destabilized and unsure of what to do. She felt a stab of annoyance at Emmett's question--hadn't he been paying any attention when they'd been kidnapped? And she really didn't like Kaya's tone. She was just about to throw out a sarcastic retort and then leave, but then Bethan decided to speak up.

Even though Amanda had never really liked Bethan that much--her friendly peppy attitude at school had annoyed her--right now, in the middle of this incredibly scary situation, she found herself surprisingly, unwillingly, touched by Bethan's kindness. She was offering Amanda supplies and aid, even though she could clearly see that Amanda wasn't on their team. Amanda hesitated for a moment, feeling torn between wanting to run away and wanting to stay, trying to ignore that some part of her wanted to cry.

She sniffed and straightened her shoulders, trying to get a grip on herself. Throwing a glance of disdain over at Emmett and Kaya, she said, "I don't have one," in reference to Emmett's question about her team, in a tone that said duh. weren't you paying any attention?

She then turned to Bethan and said in a softer tone, "That's um, very nice of you. What, uh, what do you have?"

Amanda didn't feel like she needed any extra supplies, but Bethan was the only friendly person she'd met so far, and she didn't want to part ways with her just yet. The supplies felt like an excuse to stay close to the first person who had shown her any kindness.

Amanda had no idea what she was doing or how long this was going to last or how it would even work. She just felt like she needed to hold onto something. And right now, that was Bethan.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Huh. He was right.

That made things interesting.

Kaya was more of a dick than Emmett was, and Bethan less so. He was pretty annoyed by Bethan stealing his thunder here, when if he was right, which he was, he had an entire plan he was going to announce in a really cool way, but since they had to just go and jump ahead of him? That was going to have to wait until later.

"Yeah. Yeah, uh, if you don't have a team I think you're fine. Just don't kill any of us."

Emmett turned to Kaya.

"If you're cool with this then we should probably head to the Rocket Boat now."
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya raised an eyebrow at Emmett, her mouth quirking to a slight grin, then turned her attention back to Amanda and shrugged.

"Fair 'nuff." She said. Kaya flashed a grin. "Sorry for uh, jumping the gun. You're the first person we've run into that wasn't on our team, you know?" Kaya lowered the gun, letting it hang loosely in her arm pointing down at the ground.

"Anyway, like Emmett said, we're heading to the RocketBoat to see what the fuss is all about. If you want, and you don't want to cause trouble, you're welcome to come along." Kaya looked between the other two members of her team.

"Unless you had any other business here, I guess we can head out. Oh! Uh, Kaya, Emmett, Bethan." She gestured to each respective person before nodding to Amanda. "I dunno if we've talked much before, have we?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Phew! Big, big internal sigh of relief there, and a much smaller and subtler external one to boot! Everything seemed to have sorted itself out, and the tension that had been threatening to smother them had just up and vanished, all at once; not even like air being let out of a balloon, like someone had strolled up with a giant pin and burst the giant balloon of duress and made it disappear forever!

Bethan gave Amanda a cheery little wave as Kaya gestured towards her, even though she was preeeeeeetty sure the other girl knew who she was already? They’d been in the same Math class at least, she was pretty sure! And… well, that was probably it, actually! But then again, she’d been familiar, not friendly, with Kaya before this, too. And she definitely hadn’t been friendly with Emmett either. They were a team of misfits, really! And wasn’t that what The Buccaneers were all about? A ragtag group of outcasts who’d found each other and were dedicated to a life of adventure out on the deep blue sea?

Well, no, not really at all, because yeah she’d kinda just made that up on the spot, and yes, she knew that a buccaneer was often just another word for a privateer which was the most boring kind of pirate, but they were gonna be the cool and exciting buccaneers! Just, uh, without all the looting and plundering and. You know.

Emmett and Kaya both seemed eager to depart, and hey, Bethan wanted to see what the whole deal with a ‘Rocket Boat’ was too! But first, she had an Amanda to see to! She quickly dipped down, unzipping her bag, shifting through the contents.

“Uhhh, well, in terms of stuff, I’ve got pretty much everything you started with I think!” Bethan said, raising her voice as she peered down at her belongings. “So if you’re missing any medicine or food then you can take some of mine, except for the seaweed snacks, I dunno if they’ll taste anything like laverbread but I wanna try them just to see! And, uh, theeeeere’s… do you want another sextant? I don’t have a clue how to work this thing! Or… uh…”

Bethan held the condom between finger and thumb, out of sight within the confines of her bag. She couldn’t exactly see herself using it for, well, a whole multitude of reasons - although the bright pink wrapper was pretty cute, she wondered whether Durex was sponsoring the show this season - but it felt weird just, like! Holding up a condom and waving it around! And offering it to someone who was practically a stranger!

“Oh!”

Instead, with a bright, beaming grin, Bethan stood back up, holding something completely different in both hands, bundled up tightly.

“If you’re gonna be an honourary Buccaneer, well then…”

She giggled and let the bundle unfurl, revealing it to be a bright pink t-shirt, fluttering gently in the wind.

“How about some Buccaneer gear?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Things actually seemed to be going okay, surprisingly enough. Emmett and Kaya seemed to chill out some (for now, at least), and Bethan was actually rumaging through her bag, looking for stuff to give Amanda. A strange feeling was growing inside Amanda. It wasn't a negative feeling, but she didn't like it. In fact, she realized was actually starting to like these people. Don't get attached. Don't get attached. She had to keep the facts in mind. She didn't really know these people, and she was in a death game, where not all of them could make it out alive. She had watched enough SOTF TV to know better. She was supposed to be smarter than this. Be practical, dammit! Use your brain, Amanda, for once in your life, and get the fuck out of there while you still can!

However, as Bethan held up a bright pink shirt and offered it to Amanda -- as an honorary Buccaneer -- Amanda couldn't help the smile that was spreading across her face. Amanda could feel herself becoming giddy with the other girl's friendly excitement. Even though Amanda wouldn't have been caught dead wearing bright pink (or any kind of pink) back at school, on a whim she looked into Bethan's eyes and said, "Sure. Why not?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Amanda was officially being welcomed as an unofficial member of the Buccaneers.

This was nice and all, but they really needed to get a move on.

"This is nice and all, but we really need to get a move on," Emmett said, picking his backpack up from the deck where he'd thrown it and shouldering it. The map was already out - Emmett looked to the sky, looked to the other big boats he could see, and pointed in a general direction on the bobbing horizon as to where the RocketBoat might be.

"Okay, Point A is that way."

He turned to Kaya.

"You leading, or is that up to me?"

((Emmett Purcell continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya nodded.

"Sounds like a plan." She grinned. "I'll take the lead if you don't mind. Since I uh, you know." She gestured with the rifle, still held in her hands.

Kaya looked back between the other three students. "Alright, let's get going, yeah? Don't fall behind, 'kay? All for one and one for all, right?" She paused. "Wait, that's the Musketeers." She shrugged. "Close enough!"

((Kaya Robinson continued in Excellent Choice))
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“One for all!”

Bethan cheerfully echoed the rallying cry, beginning to bounce on her heels without even realising it. So, okay, yeah, it needed some work! Musketeers and Buccaneers were completely different things aside from the ‘eers’ part, there were definitely more than three of them here, and it wasn’t exactly an original thing to say regardless, but! For something Kaya had made up on the spot, it worked pretty well! They were all part of the same team, and the team was gonna look out for one another!

She realised that Kaya and the others had already started heading onwards whilst she had been rambling internally, and so she quickly scooped up her bag and picked up the pace, moving double-quick to keep up with the others. She slowed down when she reached Amanda, though, smiling at the other girl as she handed her the bright pink t-shirt.

“Welcome to the Buccaneers!”

The bandana around her spear fluttered merrily as Bethan walked. There was a spring in her step, and a song in her heart, and she was almost tempted to let that song flow from her lips as well, but she’d learned that, for all the music she listened to at max volume, she couldn’t actually personally carry a tune to save her life. So maybe somebody else could come up with the Official Buccaneer Theme Song!

There had been a gnawing feeling inside of Bethan back on the boat, a sensation deep in the pit of her stomach when they’d all been talking. But with each step, the feeling was dimming, flowing away, filtering into the sunlight that sparkled on the water and disappearing out of sight.

There was nothing to worry about, now that the Buccaneers were ready for adventure, after all!

((Bethan Gayle continued in Excellent Choice))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Patrol Boat (Danger Zone)”