And T'Were Well That She Stood

Open

The graveyard sits on a hill behind the church, overlooking the whole town. Many generations of continuous family lines can be found within the fence that encircles the land designated for this use. Most of the oldest gravestones have started to be reclaimed by the wild growth of the surrounding foliage, although a large ornate stone crypt featuring intricate carvings of various fish has been treated with the utmost care by the former groundskeeper. Behind the crypt is an area of land unused except for the presence of a large white gazebo. This area offers a view out over the surrounding environment and is relatively free of hazards.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

Galahad frowned.

“Are, um… Are you sure? I mean, like, yeah it’s heavy, but… any weapon’s better than no weapon, right?”

Or was it? Surely it should be the other way around.

Right, so, time to lay out the facts. The only reason you would need a weapon was if you were planning on hurting other people with it. ‘But what about self-defence’ someone in the back of the auditorium cries, and, well, that was the rub, wasn’t it? If nobody was going around killing, or trying to kill, then there was no need for self-defence.

On top of that, he had two people here who seemed friendly and willing to stick around with him, so he didn’t need to cart Michael around anymore, or at the very least, he didn’t need to keep calling it Michael. It was really fucking heavy, too, just like Barry’s pitchfork, and the prospect of lugging it around in this sorta climate wasn’t Galahad’s idea of a fun time.

And yet.

And yet.

“Like, Michael’s really heavy, but I don’t think dropping it… him… uh, the axe, is, uh, a good idea.”

So what was this an admission of? That he thought that they’d need weapons, regardless, because he had no idea what the Americans might be planning? That there were people in his year that he knew, and that he talked to, and that he had classes with and considered friends, that would kill, or had maybe already killed? That, even though he had allies now, that he’d need to convince himself he wasn’t lonely by giving a weapon a name, far off in the future?

All of it, really. All of it and so much more, that he was trying very very hard not to think about, but that was very clearly, unstoppably, affecting his thoughts and his actions.

“But, uh, like, you can do what you want! With the pitchfork. And stuff. Don’t let me stop you.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Barry paused, taking a second to array his thoughts. He didn't want to argue with Galahad, though his objections were phrased only in the mildest of terms, so maybe he didn't feel too strongly about it.

The thing was, in Barry's opinion, was that keeping hold of a weapon because it was better than not having a weapon was totally buying into the 'let's all kill each other' side of the situation. Which, to be fair, was kind of a fair response. If somebody might kill you, then opting in to defencelessness required a specific mindset which Barry wasn't conceited enough to call bravery. But really, how much good was a pitchfork really going to do if someone lost their head and attacked him? Guns beat pitchforks. Most things beat pitchforks. The best you could do with it was awkwardly bludgeon or else try to stab someone, even the thought of which sent a sickly twist through his guts. You didn't non-lethally try to stab someone with a farm implement.

Anyway, if Barry didn't want to fight--and he hoped to hell it didn't come to that but he'd hoped not to get abducted by the USA too and think how that turned out--then the options were running and hiding, neither of which was best performed carrying a heavy load around.

"Honestly I just don't know if it's necessary. The american guy said that England wasn't going to do anything, but I bet they didn't think England was going to do it the first time either. Why should we do as they say and kill each other when we already beat them once?"
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

This was a whole lot of talking for what was not really that hard a decision. Barry was either going to leave the pitchfork or he wasn't, and that would in turn inform Sofia's choices, maybe. She didn't really care why he ultimately would or would not abandon his defense, and really wished that Galahad would maybe just let things happen instead of making it into a whole thing. Who cared what Barry did? If he wanted to make himself an easier target, was it really their problem? Especially if they were the ones targeting him, though again Galahad wasn't actually in the loop on that bit yet, which Sofia really had to keep in mind.

Her posture radiated her disinterest in the exchange as she finally tugged her blazer off and loosened her tie. She shoved her blazer into her duffel bag, making no effort to fold it because there were no prefects or teachers who were going to yell at her for being untidy now, and if one magically showed up she could probably hit them free of consequences. At the same time she fished her map out of her bag and took a little closer of a look at it.

The place names still made zero sense to her, but maybe they were in Spanish because they were proper names? Spanish people would probably be baffled by "Bellington" too. Sofia sort of vaguely wondered what a Cabeza was. Dragón was self-explanatory enough, she thought, unless it meant something totally weird and different in Spanish. Dragón was cool, if a little fantastical. They were in the Cabeza of Dragon, then.

Sofia flicked at her forehead with her right hand, slightly rustling her short-cropped hair and smearing the pinpricks of sweat that had sprung up there. It was hot and muggy and the longer they stood out here in this graveyard the more likely they'd all catch sunburn or heat stroke. Even the gravestones looked hot, all dense grey rock reflecting the radiance of the heavens. She bet it would be burning hot if she touched one. The foliage looked more dry than it had a few minutes ago, but that had to be fancy.

"Can we continue this somewhere with a roof?" she asked the boys, realizing she'd tuned out enough to not even be sure there was any continuing needed. "At least over there?"

She gestured, vaguely, in the direction of the partially-splintered gazebo. It was small and looked in ill-repair but at least it provided some measure of shade.

"I'm roasting."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“Oh, uh, yeah, sure. Good idea.”

His response was directed at Sofia, but in truth, it could also quite easily apply to Barry. He still didn’t think that they should get rid of their weapons, that doing so was just inviting trouble that he had clearly already accepted existed, but his thoughts, as always, came second to his desire not to inconvenience anyone, not to step on their toes. If someone had an idea in a situation, then it would be rude not to listen to it, right? And, well… most people were louder than him, more assertive than him, and his own idea would get swept up in the undertow and lost.

It was something that had plagued him for years, and now that he was trapped here, it was even stronger than it had been before. He’d already accepted that things were going to go to shit, without even realising he’d done so. Tensions were gonna be heightened, emotions were gonna be haywire. Disagreeing with people and going against what they wanted at school would earn you glares or talking back, or at worst a slap round the chops. Here, it would… well…

Yeah.

So if Barry wanted to drop all of their weapons, then Galahad would go along with that plan, he supposed. Barry was nice and friendly enough right now, but what if he’d already been stressed out enough and he was just putting on an act? What if Galahad trying to argue with him was what pushed him over the stress threshold and he snapped? But then again, if he’d dropped his weapon already he wouldn’t be the biggest threat in the world and fffffffffffffffffuck, this was all so fucking difficult. Fuck. Fuck!

God. That was the shitty thing, about his mind being cleared. Now he actually had to think, rather than act on instinct. Maybe getting out of the sun would stop his brain from baking and help him out some.

“Let’s… go.”

Galahad turned and unsteadily marched towards the gazebo, arms shaking as he held Michael in both hands. Halfway there, he turned around, to make sure the other two were still following. He wasn’t used to leading anything, or anyone. Sure, it was just a couple of metres walk to a gazebo, but it was still….. something?

The shift from eternal sunshine to cooling shade was immediate and utterly welcome, as soon as Galahad stepped into the gazebo. It was a fairly rickety construction, all things told, and heat still managed to find its way onto his skin via the gaps between the poles, but something was much, much better than nothing.

He sat down, placed Michael next to him, and looked up into the roof of the gazebo and waited.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Barry had to admit he didn't think he was getting the greatest vibe off of Sofia, here. Not in the 'plotting his murder' sense, more on the lines that she just really didn't seem switched on to what he was saying, like she was waiting for him to go away rather than engaging. Okay, that was, okay. He didn't need her to be hanging onto his every word. He sure wasn't going to call her out on it, which seemed like a great way to get into an argument he really didn't want to have. Barry had put the idea out there, and trying to provoke a reaction wasn't the best plan under those circumstances.

Galahad moved off ahead as Barry made a noncommittal noise which could probably be construed as agreement to Sofia. Sure, out of the heat worked, although he doubted being indoors was going to make much of a difference at these kind of temperatures.

They were moving and Barry was still hesitating. He'd made his point, vocalising his intent almost as much to himself as he had the other two. The rationale was there. It made sense, right? He knew that it made sense, he'd spent ages thinking about it ever since getting here. There was no point hauling this thing around. No point at all. The same facts stood as had stood like a minute ago when he'd actually spoken them, why did they struggle to pierce through his reluctance now?

Barry looked at the pitchfork, then at the others. His stomach flip-flopped. If he kept it, he was good as saying that he was prepared to murder for the sake of it. The British military had stormed this place once, they could do it again. Right?

He closed his eyes, swallowed the lump in his throat, and let go. The pitchfork stood upright for just an instant and then teetered over, striking the ground with a decisive whump.

Feeling simultaneously lighter and heavier, Barry hurried to catch up to the others. He forced himself not to look back.

"Hey, sorry," he managed to smile. "How long you think before the cavalry gets here?"
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

((Penny Franklin continued from public static void main(String[] args).))

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

No, that wasn't quite right.

Out of the dead fish fuckplace, into the dead human fuckplace.

...Didn't flow as well. Penny decided to abandon the whole metaphor.

She and Tiny had travelled away from the cannery. More than anything, she was just glad to get away from the smell. They hadn't run into anyone else on the way, and Penny wasn't sure whether or not that was a good thing. On the one hand, if there were people out there buying into this whole thing and playing to kill their fellow classmates, they were elsewhere. On the other hand... Penny hadn't run into anyone else she knew. It was just her and Tiny, and... well.

They'd been travelling in relative silence, and Penny had been thinking that entire time. She increasingly decided that she couldn't trust Tiny. Not fully, anyway. For one to prescribe so easily to the idea that their fellow classmates could kill, they'd have to have... well, entertained the idea themselves.

Like, she wasn't being paranoid here, right? This was a perfectly normal conclusion to come to, yeah?

Regardless, the pair travelled without incident until they reached what looked like a graveyard. Penny hadn't actually to stop here, but a distant noise caught her attention.

It sounded like other people.

Penny stopped.

"Sounds like someone else is here," Penny said in a low voice, "I'm gonna go check it out."

If she thought about it, it made sense for her to move forward, instead of Tiny. After all, she had the gun. If she needed it for self-defense, it would serve her way better than a ventriloquist's dummy would.

She headed toward the gazebo.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

When a glance over her shoulder revealed that Barry truly had left his pitchfork behind, Sofia briefly entertained the idea of turning right back around and scooping it up. What was he going to do about it? He would be unarmed and she would have a big pointy pitchfork. Except, it would take a bit to go get it, and he was closer, and he might try to stop her before she got there, and Galahad might get unpredictable, and also it really was quite hot. So Sofia didn't do that and instead just went to the gazebo and made herself comfortable in the shade, leaning by the splintered beam and wondering idly what had happened to it, occasionally running her fingers over the rough wood or picking at loose splinters.

Barry wanted to know how long until rescue turned up.

"Dunno," Sofia said. She thought for a moment more. "Could be a while."

So Barry's assumption that they would definitely be rescued was, Sofia thought, maybe a little naive. It could happen. Maybe it even would happen. But she thought that such operations probably took a while to plan and execute in the best circumstances, and if the military had been ready for what had happened in Bellington she and the others would've never landed here in the first place. So they were in it for a while (which was another good incentive to round up some extra supplies, just so the wait could be closer to comfortable). But she wasn't going to rain on Barry's parade, especially when suggesting that things might be more serious would probably make him more resistant to the robbery that was definitely going to occur here sooner or later.

Come to think of it, why not sooner? Sofia looked at Barry, sizing him up. He looked as overheated as she felt. If she drew on him now, one or the other or both would have to leave this shelter, and would be back out in the scorching heat. She didn't dislike the guy or anything, he was just a target, and she certainly didn't want to leave. No need for needless suffering. So that was why not sooner, which meant that it could be later that was robbery time.

Still, it was a decent idea to be prepared, so Sofia was about to dig out her flare gun and the manual to figure out how to load the thing so she could be properly threatening. It couldn't be that hard, right? Except as she looked around once more, just to take stock of the situation, she caught sight of someone else heading towards their little stronghold. A girl, small, kind of weak-looking.

"Company," Sofia casually commented, nodding in the newcomer's direction, as she broke off another little sliver of wooden beam.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Sure. Do whatever you want."

((Tiny Sterling continued from public static void main(String[] args)))

Tiny wasn't going to stop Penny from going ahead. He had heard noises and voices as well and he didn't want to risk his own life in case he would get shot or stabbed by surprise. He would rather use the girl as a meat shield if he wanted to survive and win whatever this crazy shit was in the first place. Okay, he was thinking in an unacceptable manner and his family-

"No, don't think about them, Tiny. Not right now." He muttered under his breath in frustration and he stared down at Sidney in his left hand, not really focusing on where Penny was heading anymore. "What the hell are you lookin' at, dummy?"

"I'm looking at a whiny loser who is too chicken to even backstab his supposed partner in crime! Ha, ha!"

Tiny blinked a little. Sidney was really talking to him in an annoying husky-like, low voice to make him seem more freaky to Tiny. Was he losing his mind right now? Maybe he was from the trauma of seeing people dying in front of him. Not that he could use that as an excuse for what was happening right now. Just as long as Penny didn't turn back and see him talking to himself as a complete nutjob.

"Why would I backstab-"

"Oh, pleeeeease! As if you haven't been thinking about it the whole time you were with her, you imbecile!"

Tiny had been thinking of doing that the whole time. Heck, he could have even done it when he and the girl had been walking in silence as they had made their way over to this creepy-looking graveyard. He hated graveyards with a passion. But that didn't matter right now.

"No. Not yet. I can't betray her. Not right now."

"Fine then. You pussy."

Tiny felt his own eye twitch. "Pussy? Who the fu-"

"Hmph. At least pick up that pitchfork for protection, you dumbass."

Tiny's eyes widen a little as he scanned the area near him and he realized that Sidney had not been lying to him. There was definitely a pitchfork on the ground. Well, it seemed like someone was stupid enough to leave it there for the taking. Sure, it was not like the gun that he wanted from Penny. But it was better than nothing.

He felt a smug smirk tugging at the corner of his lips as he approached the weapon with Sidney at his side and he leaned over to pick up the pitchfork with his right hand. He wondered if he should follow after Penny. Since he saw her heading closer over to the gazebo and he couldn't help but feel uneasy. Like he was having a gut feeling that she could be walking into danger.

Why did he even care?
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

"The… The cavalry?”

Galahad stared up at Barry with a blank expression. It took him a, quite frankly, embarrassingly long time to figure out that he wasn’t talking about a literal cavalry, and he tried to dispel the image of the Light Brigade storming over the hills to sweep them up onto horseback and rescue them all. Which was a shame, because it was a pretty cool image, all things considered; just horribly unlikely and inaccurate. He could blame it on the heat, frying his brain.

But was what Barry actually meant any less unlikely? The General had said it was impossible. He’d said that there was no chance of rescue, of salvation from the British army, and Galahad had believed every word of it. He’d already convinced himself there would be no rescue mission, that the only option was to kill or be killed, and that his classmates had already started falling into one of those two camps. And then here was Barry, acting like the complete opposite was a surefire thing, and, well…

Galahad really didn’t know what to think anymore.

Obviously he wanted Barry to be right, and he wanted everything to turn out okay and for noboy to get hurt and everyone to go back home safe and sound, but… he’d already made his mind up once, already, given himself some sort of clarity because of it, and if he changed his mind again and that turned out to be wrong…

There were so many things he was trying not to think about. That one could get added to the pile with the rest.

Having someone turn up was a blessing, more than anything. Meant he could actually focus on something that wasn’t the inside of his head. He grabbed Michael in his right hand, and scrambled to his feet, Michael’s metal axehead refusing to lift itself up off the floor. He squinted in the direction Sofia was looking at, putting his hand above his eyes to cover them from the sun’s glare. It took him a couple of seconds to recognise the girl walking towards them, but as soon as he did, his face lit up and he waved at her.

“Penny!” Galahad cried out. “Hey, Penny, it’s me! Galahad!”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Well, Sofia could have been more engaged and Barry wasn't sure if Galahad had even grasped what he was getting at, because that reaction seemed more confused than a genuine question about what Barry was getting at. Give it a bit, maybe. They had time to figure things out and Barry could come back to explaining the logic again after Galahad had had a chance to settle.

Barry didn't think he was being unreasonable with his logic here, and if things turned out like they were supposed to, then really this would just be a case of waiting things out anyway. Barry had to admit that it was one of his preferred approaches. If you could fix something just by staying the course and refusing to rock the boat, then why not? Better than risking fucking things up by making a move that you didn't need to because you were too impatient to see it through calmly.

His train of thought was interrupted by Sofia directly pointing out that it was no longer just the three of them. Barry's heart skipped a beat and just an instant later he was scolding himself for it. He wasn't supposed to be--actually no, he wasn't going to get into this, not inside his own head. There was more than enough going on without him psyching himself out too.

Galahad was way more enthusiastic about seeing Penny than he had been Barry; maybe that would take the edge off things a little?

He did not miss the figure behind Penny stooping down and picking up what he'd left there on the ground. His brow furrowed.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Penny heard Galahad before she saw him, really.

As she moved toward the gazebo, she began to make out the shapes of other people, but she couldn't really recognize them. But she heard one of them call out to her, and she knew that voice.

She let out the breath that she didn't even know she'd been holding. Penny couldn't see Galahad doing anything close to the things Tiny said people would do. He just... wouldn't.

As for the others that he was with...

Penny couldn't really say anything about them. As she got closer, she recognize their faces... vaguely, but couldn't tell you their names. Maybe.

She gave Galahad a small wave as she approached.

"Uh, h-hey, Galahad," she said, eventually, as she got close enough to talk to them.

It had only just occurred to her that she was still holding the gun. She hoped none of them would notice... or, at the very least, comment on it. That's not what she wanted. She didn't want a reminder that this was real, that this was actually happening. As long as they didn't comment on it, she could pretend that this was just a... regular day.

She turned back to Tiny to see what he was doing and wwwwwwwhere did he get that pitchfork?
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Sofia's face darkened as everything played out. It wasn't any one specific piece of the puzzle that was upsetting her, but rather the aggregate whole.

She'd had this sort of mental map of how things were going to play out, from the very moment she'd first seen anyone else, and yet at every turn it had been subverted and redrawn. Galahad had been too relatable to rob, and then Barry had just been weird about the whole thing, and then someone new had shown up, and then it turned out that Galahad knew her, and then still somebody else had arrived, and then he'd gone and nicked the pitchfork before Sofia could figure out a way to do just that herself.

So now she was here in the gazebo, amidst people she didn't fully know or trust, with far too many around to make any sort of move towards holding up anyone and with herself now probably the most an outsider. The two newcomers had come from the same direction and seemed generally unconcerned with each other, so they were probably together. Galahad had called out to the girl, Penny, and had seemed a bit more excited about that than he had upon seeing Sofia or Barry, so that linked him to those two. And Barry, well, Barry was just more of a people person, it seemed. He probably wasn't stewing in his head about how much harder to rob people it had just gotten, or if he was Sofia had to hand it to him that he was a damn good actor.

What to do, in light of this? She could stick around and do whatever the four of them wanted, but that sounded like it would fall somewhere on the continuum between boring and infuriating. She could attempt a robbery anyways, but doing anything to the three was out of the question and honestly she doubted that they'd just sit there and let her work Barry over. And Penny had in her hand a gun, a real gun and not the bright orange plastic toy that Sofia had.

So with nothing to do and no desire to stay, what was left was to go. It was pretty simple when laid out like that. The others would probably be happier without Sofia anyways, and if not that was too bad because she would be happier without them.

She put the manual and the still-not-loaded flare gun back into her pack, zipped it up, stretched a little, looked around at all the assembled faces and everything going on. Most of the attention seemed to be on the Galahad-Penny reunion and on the pitchfork. That made this a good time to make her exit, and besides she'd never liked waiting.

"I've got to find the loo," Sofia said. She cared approximately zero whether anyone believed her or would take note of the fact that she was carrying all her supplies with her. "Be right back."

She made her way down the side of the gazebo opposite the direction the others were arriving from, gave a nod back towards the four, and set off at a brisk pace, around the side of the crypt to break line of sight and thence down the hill, towards the town and the rest of the little world they'd been given to live out the brief remainders of their lives.

((Sofia Chiles continued in Ill-Met By Moonlight))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Tiny could only watch as he noticed that the other girl was leaving the gazebo group and he decided not to comment on it. If she wanted to bail, then he would let her bail. He wondered if he should go as well as he had gotten something that someone had carelessly left on the ground. But for some reason he felt like the pitchfork was not enough for him. He still wanted Penny's gun and he needed to figure out a way to get it.

He made his way over to Penny and the two boys and he stopped right beside Penny, glancing at the two guys. Barry and Galahad. He knew them, but that barely mattered right now. Although it seemed like Galahad and Penny were friends? Well, this was just a bit more complicated.

He held Sidney firmly at one side and the pitchfork at the other side. "Seems like things are okay over here and no one is being hostile towards us. Right, Penny?" He said in a casual manner and he gripped more onto the pitchfork. "I never knew that it would be so easy for me to get a weapon as well. Lucky me."

Those words sounded a bit careless. But he wasn't going to be playing buddy-buddy for much longer. Besides, it was all about who could survive the longest and he was not going down without a fight.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

A lot happened, all at once, all far too quickly for Galahad to take in as it happened.

Sofia left. She just kinda… got up and said a few words, then walked out of the gazebo and kept on walking. She said she just needed the bog, but there were bushes and a scant few trees dotted around the graveyard. You didn’t need to walk all the way down the hill and towards town just to piss. Sofia wasn’t coming back, and Galahad wasn’t sure how to feel about that. They hadn’t been close before this, and she wasn’t exactly the most… friendly of potential allies, but Galahad thought they had been getting along well until now.

It was a silly, weird, rather petty thought, but she’d also slapped him in the face, and he kinda wanted her to stick around, to show that she’d done it to earnestly help him, rather than just out of a desire to slap somebody.

Yeah, wow, that was a pretty stupid thought. Almost enough to make Galahad start laughing, if Tiny hadn’t shown up holding Barry’s pitchfork and talking like he owned the place and flooding the gazebo with tension so thick he could barely breathe.

He glanced frantically between Barry and Tiny, knuckles white as he tightly clenched his fists around Michael’s handle. Barry didn’t seem like the sort of person to start a fight, but now there was a boy who had stolen his weapon and had walked in with a swagger, and who did seem like he would, and god, Galahad wished they could go back to talking about whether or not they’d be rescued. It was confusing and he didn’t know what to believe. But it wasn’t this.

He didn’t want to be proven right, not so soon, not right in front of him.

He wasn’t a peacemaker or a mediator, or… much more than a follower. And it wasn’t fair to expect Penny to wade in and sort things out after only just arriving, either. So all he could do was wait.

And hope.

And, fortunately, as day drifted to evening and floated onwards to night, it seemed as though nobody wanted to light the match and set the tinder ablaze.

Yet.

Galahad sighed as he gazed up through the roof of the gazebo, looking up at the clouds and occasional stars through the cracks and holes in the ceiling. The tension was very very much still there, wrapping around him like a particularly itchy and uncomfortable blanket. It was cool and comfortable, and the lingering strains of the drugs that had put him to sleep the previous day, plus the burned-out sensation from spending several hours panicking and worrying, were making him yearn for some sleep.

But he couldn’t, not even when he closed his eyes, and tried to let his mind wander, because all that led him to was thoughts about what could be happening on the other side of the facility, and what Sofia could be doing, or what might be happening to Sofia, and that just caused his eyes to flicker open again. It was almost as dark with his eyes open as it was shut, and he would panic momentarily before he remembered where he was and why it was so dark, and after a few more seconds, he would try and sleep again.

And thus the cycle refreshed anew.

He sighed softly, gently resting his hand atop of Michael, making sure it was still there next to him. He hadn’t said much since Tiny and Penny had arrived. He hadn’t wanted to push things, to rock the boat, to be the one that caused the spark. It had been awkward and tense, and all Galahad wanted was for sleep to find him, and for morning to come, and for them to, hopefully, make some headway on…. Something. Anything.

The crackle of the loudspeakers, and the sound of Major Yancey’s voice blaring across the town, soon put paid to that hope.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Barry stayed fixed on Penny's companion for long enough that the greetings kind of flitted past him, enough so that he didn't even pick up on what Sofia was saying before she was already moving away to the side. He managed to wave just before she looked back away and trundled off. He really hoped the town had plumbing; it could easily be a few days before the SAS or whoever came charging in and not having anyplace to, well, yeah. That could easily get nasty.

He went back to kicking up a different kind of stink and resumed frowning at the person he now picked out as Tiny. They didn't intersect much, but what interactions Barry had had with him certainly hadn't given off a positive impression. Even if that wasn't the case, seeing the pitchfork in his hand would have soured Barry immediately. Okay, yeah, tiny hadn't been there for Barry to talk about why he was leaving it there, but to have it just picked up and what's more gloated over, it kind of shat on the whole gesture.

"There's nothing lucky about it," Barry snapped irritably. "Why are you thinking about getting weapons when we should be waiting out for a rescue?" He made an expansive gesture. "Like, our army literally just broke Americans out of this exact same situation, why wouldn't they do it for us?"

He thought he sounded firmer than before, probably because he was ticked off about Tiny.

The announcement kind of took the wind out of his sails.

Barry squeezed his temples between finger and thumb, trying to process. Was it only him that it have even occurred to that--what the fuck was wrong with everyone?

He wasn't-- -he wasn't wrong.

"What part of 'wait for the rescue' is so hard? Fuck!"

Return to “The Graveyard (PV3)”