Excellent Choice

Buccaneers and Friends

The outlying jetties are much like their central cousins, but sparser, more open, and more rickety. These walkways extend to the far edges of the flotilla, servicing single boats or in many cases truncating abruptly with nothing but a drop into the water. These jetties have guardrails and life preservers available in some places, but their presence (and maintenance) cannot be relied upon. There are still places to take cover, and occasional crates and barrels lying around, but these nooks and crannies are less common.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Espi »

Kaya clasped both of her hands tightly in Bethan's s they faced one another. Her eyes widened, just a little, as Bethan spoke. For a moment, she hesitated.

Then she smiled, flashing a big, confident grin. "Oh, yeah, don't worry about it. We're not gonna like, actually kill anyone, obviously." She glanced over her shoulder at the other two. Her eyes narrowed briefly, but she returned to Bethan's gaze almost immediately, retaining that same self-assured expression.

"Anyway, don't sweat it too much. I'll make sure nothing happens, I promise." She nodded. Kaya gingerly extracted her fingers from Bethan's hands, not forcing it, before tugging a little at her jacket. She stepped forward and pulled Bethan into a tight embrace.
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

When Amanda looked up from her gun at the two girls, she saw that they were hugging. Something clenched around her heart, and she felt an unpleasant jolt of something else in her stomach. She rolled her eyes at them and looked back down at her gun, trying to ignore how lonely looking at the two hugging girls had made her feel. She was beginning to feel angry. It was all well and good for those two, they could afford to get emotional and cry on each other's shoulders like something out of a goddamn romcom. They weren't alone like her. Of course they hated her, because they didn't understand her. They could get all comfy and touchy-feely with each other because they actually had a team, and they could afford to make her the villain because it didn't have to be them.

Amanda's jaw tightened and she realized that her grip had tightened around the loaded clip she was holding. She took a deep breath and released it through her lips. Then she looked up at Emmett.

"Okay, I think this thing is fully loaded. So I just pop it back in and we're set, right?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Emmett nodded.

"Yep, that goes into there-" he said, pointing to the magazine well that somewhat resembled a pothole in the road of the body, "-aim down the sights, pull the trigger. All guns have one hell of a kickback so make sure to, uh, hold yourself. Like, uh, make sure it's not gonna throw you off your feet when you pull the trigger. Oh, and, uh, make sure to know where the safety is and what it's on at all times. I've seen it happen all the time, only thing worse than to need to shoot someone and nothing happens is not needing to shoot something and you accidentally blow your own toes off."

And yet throughout it all he couldn't help but look over Amanda's shoulders towards the two girls on his team, who were now hugging. Well, that wasn't really involving the whole team, now was it? Where was Emmett's hug? That was a joke, by the way. Emmett didn't need hugs, as established by the common knowledge of nobody that his own mother hadn't hugged him since middle school. His eyes narrowed anyway, though.

"You give that a look-see."

Emmett pulled himself up, stabalized himself on the not-level surface beneath his feet, and quickly strode over the grounding towards the two hugging girls.

"So, what needs discussing that can't be done with the whole team?"

That came off a lot more pointed than Emmett intended, but then again so did wandering off with 50% of the group to have a hug.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

And just like that, everything was okay again.

Although, really, it had always been okay, hadn’t it? Bethan wasn’t entirely sure what had come over her; were, like, ‘morning nerves’ a thing? She’d woken up with her heart smacking against her chest at ludicrous speeds before, but those had always been for reasons like “Oh no I crashed too hard after the party last night and I totally overslept” or “Oh no I’ve woken up in an unfamiliar bed with an unfamiliar person right beside me”. Neither of which was particularly applicable to her current situation, really!

But the exact ‘whys’ of her little freakout didn’t particularly matter anymore, because Kaya had been so instantaneous in her reassurances, so confident and so calm and so obviously telling the truth, that Bethan couldn’t help but feel a little silly, because, like, it was so clear what was actually happening here! It was just like playing cops and robbers when she was a kid, where you pointed your finger guns at the baddies, and Bam! They were ‘dead’! Or, or more accurately actually, like paintball! You pulled the trigger, you shot the bullet, a big splotch of red appeared on your opponent’s chest, but as soon as your attention was elsewhere, they’d just dust themselves off and wander to the safety hut, grumbling about how they were ALWAYS first out.

She wrapped her arms around Kaya anyway, relaxing into the embrace, smiling as she did so. Kaya smelled of… well, of sweat and leather, to be totally honest, which wasn’t the nicest combination of scents by any stretch! But it was certainly a familiar one, one you had to get used to when you spent every weekend in the middle of a warehouse rave, and if she closed her eyes she could feel the throng of fellow cybergoths surrounding her, and the pulsepounding music flooding her senses and making her feel more alive than she thought possible, and she felt briefly, so beautifully briefly, like she was home again.

And she would be, soon enough. A few more days, and they’d all be packed back onto a boat or a plane or something, safe and sound, returning home to Miami.

“Favmk vyou,” Bethan mumbled into Kaya’s shoulder, before giggling and removing her face from their jacket to try again.

“Uh, thank you! I’m sorry, I dunno what was up with me there, I guess like, talking about guns and weapons and stuff is scary, y’know! Even if they’re fake guns and spears and that weird bangstick thingy Emmett has! But! It won’t do for a Buccaneer to be caught crying on camera, now, will it?”

She gently extracted herself from the hug, putting her hands on her hips and grinning.

“Do you think we could get, like, some cloth or something from somewhere, give me a rad pirate bandana? So I can be a, like, pirate-cybergoth-buccaneer magical girl! I know I’ve got my team bandana but I’m kinda attached to having it on my spear, y’know? Oh! But we should probably head back to the others, now, right?”

Bethan trotted back down the jetties without waiting for a reply, waving cheerfully at Amanda and Emmett.

“Hey guys! We’re back! Didja have fun without us?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya gave Bethan a big grin. "Don't sweat it, really. We'll be alright." She held Bethan tight up against her body.

Kaya laughed a little as Bethan pulled away to become audible. "I getcha, though. It is all pretty stressful." She laughed a little more. "I like the bandana idea, though. I got this nifty hat already, so I dunno if I can do both, but it'd look good on you I bet." She tipped the hat, then rolled her eyes self-consciously. "Okay maybe not like that. That's weird."

As Bethan ran off towards the others, Kaya frowned, biting her lip. She looked around anxiously and mouthed something inaudible to one of the cameras situated on a nearby crate. She turned back, adjusted her hat, and trotted back over to greet the others.

"Hey!" She said. "Sorry, Bethan just needed a bit of a pep talk, but we're good now, yeah?" She flashed another smile at the other girl before looking back at Amanda and Emmett. "You two were kinda focused on the plan, so we didn't wanna wrap you up in the mushy stuff, you know?"

I'm sorry.

Kaya crossed her arms. "Alright, we all set? Where to next?"
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Amanda slid the loaded clip into the gun and heard it give a small, satisfying click. She picked the gun up and examined it, then held it up to her face and pointed it out over the water, away from her group. She held the sights up to her eye, her finger resting lightly on the trigger. She felt an electric energy coursing through her, making her feel more alive than she had in a long time, more alive than she'd felt even before she'd been selected to play in SOTF's newest season.

She hesitated. She'd never done this before. She was a little worried about the kickback that Emmett had mentioned, scared that she wouldn't know how it would feel, how any of this would feel.

The energy soared through her body, making her heart pound and her blood hum. Taking careful aim at one particular spot in the empty water, she squeezed the trigger.

There was an ungodly loud BANG! and she stumbled backwards a little, ears ringing and feeling slightly disoriented. Well, Emmett had been right about the kickback. It would have been nice if he'd also mentioned the noise.

Something in the corner of her eye made her spin around, holding the gun up by her waist. It was only the people in her group. She'd temporarily forgotten about them. Panting slightly, Amanda lowered the gun by her side. Then remembering what Emmett had said, she lifted it to flip the safety on, then lowered it again.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Emmett was sick and tired of this stupid game they were playing. Not SOTF - managing his team. He was supposed to be their leader, but they wandered off on their own like he didn't even matter to them. What did it say that the only person who treated him like their leader, like their teammate, was the one who wasn't even on his team? Amanda gave him the respect he deserved here and she wasn't even going to win with them, what the fuck was up with that? So yeah, he wasn't believing the 'pep talk' bullshit, at all.

And he was about to say as much when the gun went off behind him.

As he spun around, a million things went off inside his head within the same echo as the gunshot - there was someone else there, they'd been found, they were being hunted, it was Amanda, Amanda had betrayed them, she was starting her ten kills with the three of them, his ears were wrong, it was actually his own team who had betrayed them, they had killed him, they had killed Amanda, he hadn't mattered at all, he never mattered-

And then he saw the surprised Amanda, sitting on the dock, turning the safety on. The thoughts filtered out. He wondered why most of them were there in the first place. He took a breath, and regained the inner composure that had left with the bang.

"Forgot to mention, let people around you know when you're test-firing."

He walked back over to their circle of bags and wrappers, picking up his bag.

"So we should probably head off before anyone finds us."

There was a lot he was going to have to think about later.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Whether or not Amanda and Emmett had been having fun was a mystery lost to the ages, unless their idea of ‘fun’ was fooling around with a submachine gun, which really didn’t seem like a fun time to Bethan, honestly, but hey, different strokes for different folks and all that, she knew that well enough thanks to, y’know, most peoples’ reaction to the whole cybergoth scene!

But! She would never know whether that was what they did for kicks either, because the sound of Amanda firing the gun immediately demanded everybody’s attention, and then grabbed it tightly with both hands. Bethan screamed, feeling herself leap out of her skin and her soul detach from what she imagined would be a super weird looking fleshy skinless form, before it all fell back down onto the jetty again, now clinging tightly to Kaya’s arm.

That was, uh. That was pretty darn loud for a prop gun, wasn’t it? And there was an acrid smell of smoke drifting on the sea breeze, now, that made her nose tingle. Which… she guessed all made sense, really, didn’t it? It was the same earsplitting cracking noise and gunmetal coloured gunsmoke that she saw on cop shows and stuff on TV, the exact same sights and sounds and lurching feeling in her stomach that she experienced whenever she caught glimpses of this show in order to fit in and mingle with the other kids at school. This was the biggest show on the planet, the biggest spectacle in the whole of the United States! It was little surprise they had the budgets for fake guns that looked and sounded this realistic!

“Jeez, that’s super loud, huh!” Bethan said, echoing her thoughts for the rest of the Buccs to hear. “Did that come with earplugs or something? Ooh, maybe we could ask Stephanie for Buccaneer coloured ear protection!”

She giggled, her very favourite beaming grin almost entirely back on her face again, before bouncing over to her belongings, grabbing her spear and hoisting it upright.

“Anyways, I’m good to go now!”

She gave a lopsided salute towards Emmett, giggling again.

“Ready to follow your orders, cap’n!”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya flinched as the gunshot went off, eyes going wide and reflexively putting her hand to her chest. "Damn, Amanda, a little warning next time? Almost gave me a fucking heart attack." She looked over at Bethan.

She shrugged. "Anyway yeah, let's get going. To the RocketBoat, we go?"

Kaya turned and confidently strode off in the direction of the ship in question, taking only a moment to pat the gun still held within her coat.

((Kaya Robinson continued in What can I fix you with?))
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

Amanda felt a sense of twisted satisfaction as she looked at the others' faces, seeing their shocked and reproachful expressions, hearing Bethan scream and seeing Kaya clutch her chest. Seeing the horror and disdain that they were barely concealing confirmed what she'd suspected, that they already thought of her as a murderer and were just waiting for her to blow. Also, it served them right, going off to have their lovey-dovey moment while she prepared to become a killer to save their asses. They wanted a killer, and they're going to get one.

However, she felt a twinge of shame at Emmett's reprimand, especially since he'd been the one helping her out with the gun. And they'd actually been getting along pretty well... Back at school, she'd written Emmett off as just another one of the arrogant, womanizing jocks who wasn't worth her time, but maybe she'd been wrong about him.

"Sorry," she replied, directing her response to Emmett while ignoring the other two.

She heard Bethan say something about asking her mentor for Buccaneer-themed earplugs. She turned and stared at Bethan incredulously. Was this girl high? Did she think that this was all a game? A spoiled little brat, who expected everyone else to clean up her mess so she could go play dolls? Amanda remembered why she never really liked Bethan when they were in school. Amanda then turned to Kaya.

"Yeah, let's go. The Rocket Boat is as good as anywhere, I guess. I mean, it's not like these ten kills are going to happen with us just sitting here."

((Amanda Brooks continued in 👁️📦👁️))
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Part of what he was going to have to think about later was how quickly Amanda was adjusting to having to kill.

But that was a problem for then.

The problem for now was making sure that water bottle that just slipped out of his bag didn't fall into the ocean.

He at least succeeded at that.

((Emmett Purcell continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Okey dokey, time to go! The RocketBoat was their destination! The Buccaneers were comin’ aboard! Avast, denizens of the deep! Join our course, or surrender your belongings!

Bethan giggled once more as she adjusted her bag, making sure everything was all safe and secure for the next step of the expedition. She’d noticed the look Amanda had given her, the befuddled stink-eye stare, and she didn’t totally get it? She didn’t think it was that unfair to remark on how loud the gunshot had been, especially considering how sudden it had been and especially especially considering how close she’d been to it! But then again, she figured Amanda was still coming to terms with the fact that she had gone from being on no team at all to being an honourary Buccaneer to being a fully-fledged Buccaneer; there was probably quite a lot to take in with all of that, huh? Maybe when they got to the RocketBoat, Bethan could have a little one-to-one girl talk with her, just to make sure she was doing okay!

But first! They had to actually get there!

So Bethan took a few steps forwards, before coming to an immediate halt, quickly dropping her belongings and calling out “I’ll just be a second, guys!” as she unzipped her bag and rummaged through it. It didn’t take long for her to pull out the dark blue, knee-high boots, and after a couple of minutes of unzipping her trainers and hopping around the jetty to fit the boots on, their roles had been reversed; the LEDs flashing merrily away in their nest of clothing and snacks, the boots now clomp clomping against the metal of the jetties.

They… kinda clashed horribly with the rest of her outfit! But, oh well, sometimes you had to sacrifice form for function, and Bethan knew she’d end up in tears if her very favourite shoes got water damaged. And besides!!! Pirates and sailors wore boots. Sailor Scouts wore boots. It was all part of the end goal; becoming the best dang magical cybergoth Buccaneer girl to ever sail the seven seas!

Bethan hummed merrily as she jogged to catch up with the rest of the group.

((Bethan Gayle continued in What can I fix you with?))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Jetties: Outlying (Danger Zone)”