Force Quit Box

Phase 4 (37+ Hours)

The buildings making up the southern sector of the settlement are more varied than in other regions; they're split fairly evenly between habitations and commercial enterprises. A number of small stores, restaurants, and other businesses may be found here. Many of these occupy the lower floors of buildings, with housing for the operators and their families above. This section of town is generally efficient and well-organized, with decorations intended to lure customers inside and with little room for gardens. The lighting here is good, and the area is generally quite clean. In the Prologue, this area has no thread limit, so long as threads do not contradict each other.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Force Quit Box

Post by Pippi »

((Morgan Jones continued from Huge boats. With guns. Gun boats.))

He heard the sound of the rescue helicopters from his seat at the bar, muffled by the thick glass surrounding him. He heard the blades whirring, the vehicle preparing to touch down in this section of the town, the soldiers inside getting ready to hop off and search the vicinity for anyone from National Summit, to pick them up and bring them to safety, away from this living nightmare they’d been forced into.

Morgan didn’t move. He didn’t even turn around at the sound. He just kept on staring down the bottle sitting on the bar in front of him.

He’d caught a glimpse of the rescue team already, as he’d been scurrying to and fro on his way from the boat shed, trying desperately to stay out of sight of anyone and everything. They’d been heavily armed, clad in helmets and bulletproof vests, talking in British accents, telling each other to ‘spread out’ and ‘find any of these poor bastards and get them to safety as quick as possible’. They were looking for him, trying to bring him, if not home, to shelter, where he didn’t have to worry about what was around every corner, or what threats each new day would bring.

And he’d bolted away from them then, not wanting them to catch even a glimpse of him.

The whirring was getting louder now, the windows of the bar beginning to shake, the walls no longer able to block out the near deafening sound. Soon, the chopper would land, and another set of soldiers would bundle out. They’d be heading in here before too long, pulling anyone they found into the copter to safety.

Morgan had to hide before then. He didn’t want them to find him.

He didn’t deserve to be rescued.

He blinked, stifling a yawn as he rolled his shoulders. He felt oddly calm about that decision, about not getting onto the helicopter. A couple of hours ago, he’d been living on terror and adrenaline, running as far as his legs could carry him. Now he felt almost at ease inside. He’d made his decision. He wasn’t gonna change it.

Maybe it was the fact he was finally doing something correctly that was helping him to be calm. Or maybe it was that he’d finally, truly accepted how worthless he was.

Who, exactly, would be happy to see Morgan surviving, out of everyone in his class? He could count the number on one hand. And about half of those people had already been killed. He was a leech, attaching himself to people who didn’t care about him, and hurting people who might once have liked him, but now had nothing but hatred and betrayal in their eyes whenever he passed by them.

Would Collin care? Not likely. Not anymore. His parents? They were probably the only ones. They deserved better than him. And after what he’d done out here, he didn’t think he could ever bear to look them in the eyes ever again. He’d abandoned two people; not by choice, but it had happened nonetheless. They might not have been dead yet, but they’d placed their trust in him, and he’d betrayed them both.

And Casey. He’d killed Casey, killed an innocent, scared, curious girl. He’d killed someone, and there was nothing he could do to justify that.

With a goddamn pair of motherfucking Hulk hands as well. As if she’d needed salt rubbed into her wounds.

He’d made his decision before he’d chosen to stagger into the bar. He’d figured that he could, at the very least, have one last drink on his way out of everything. But of course, the fridges and cabinets were totally empty of any drinks, alcoholic or otherwise. The taps had run dry. The only thing he’d found was the bottle sitting in front of him, underneath one of the bar stools. Must have rolled there at some point and the team preparing this town to be a murder arena hadn’t noticed it.

It was a bottle of Corona. Morgan hated Corona.

Still. Beggars couldn’t be choosers. Especially not when there was an imminently approaching deadline, now that the rotors outside had stopped. He opened the bottle, flipping the cap off using the edge of the bar itself, tipped his head back, and chugged the lukewarm beer down.

“Guh, fuck…”

Morgan wiped his mouth, pulling a face as he let the empty bottle drop and smash to the ground beside him. Yep. Still tasted piss-awful. Somehow even worse than he remembered it being, too.

“Some last meal, huh…”

He slipped off the barstool, moving groggily behind the bar to the door that led upstairs, to the living space of the people who’d previously run the business. He peered in through each open doorway, looking for anywhere that might make an effective hiding place. He doubted the soldiers outside would have much time to thoroughly sweep every inch of every building in this area. He just needed somewhere out of the way, somewhere they likely wouldn’t bother checking.

The first three rooms were dead-ends. The fourth, the main bathroom, held what he was looking for. A long, low space underneath the sink, cupboard doors hiding anything behind it from view. There was just enough room for him to wiggle in there and lie on his side, facing away from the doors. There was a layer of dust on the floor, and he had to brush a cobweb out of his hair, but a quick swipe of a towel gave him an effective pillow, and something to levitate his face away from the dust.

Morgan closed the door, yawning as he did so, darkness enveloping him. He’d been running all night, and all day, and into the night again. He was utterly shattered. He couldn’t move any more. He would fall asleep, and the rescuers would take what they could and leave, and… well, he supposed he’d find out what was on the other side when the time came.

Morgan closed his eyes, and in an instant, drifted off to sleep.

((Morgan Jones continued in Clean Up))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances > Galactic Empire
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Southern District (Prologue)”