Turtle Town

Open

A decommissioned Coast Guard vessel that last saw service in 1986, the Patrol Boat has a distinctive military efficiency about it. Tight corridors, a secure cabin, and no decorations leave it somewhat less immediately captivating than other ships in the flotilla, but its larger size, ample deck space, and the gigantic, still-functional floodlight mounted on it set it apart from the general sprawl of smaller vessels, and offer a certain potential for the intrepid.
Espi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Turtle Town

Post by Espi »

((Kaya Robinson continued from Ready to Blast))

After a short discussion, the two had decided to take a bit of a roundabout path to reach the RocketBoat, avoiding the cruise ship and stopping off at the patrol boat for a bit to rest. It was early afternoon and quite hot out already, so Kaya had suggested they stop to rehydrate and eat.

Because Kaya had the gun, she was leading the way, confidently moving across the walkways and paths between the shop boat and the patrol boat. She stopped periodically to allow Bethan to catch up, never moving very far ahead and frequently asking if the other girl was doing alright or if she needed a break.

Finally, the two reached the patrol boat. Kaya had already stowed her gun in her coat again, as they gazed upward at the large, relatively plain-looking ship. There was a ramp leading up to the top, which Kaya approached first, turning back to Bethan. "I'll go check it out real quick and let you know if I find anything." She smiled. "I'll be right back, don't fret." Kaya slowly pulled out the Lee Navy and, more or less cradling it in her arms, she ascended the ramp.

Frowning now, Kaya reached the top deck and began looking around. After a moment, her eyes settled on a large, cheese wedge-shaped hat and a steel folding chair laying next to each other on the floor. "Huh." She muttered, raising an eyebrow. Kaya stepped back towards the ramp she'd come up. "There was someone up here before, I found some stuff. I dunno if they're still here, though. You can come up if you want, I'm gonna keep looking!"

With that, Kaya continued up the stairs and towards the raised cabin. "Anyone there? We're friendly!" She called.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Bethan Gayle continued from Ready to Blast))

Y’know, maybe she should have changed into the boots as well!

To be totally honest, Bethan hadn’t really considered the situation underfoot before she’d left the shop with Kaya and trotted down the set of metal steps to the jetty. She’d had, and she thought this was fair enough entirely, a few other things on her mind, after all! The wooden slats that made up the jetties were secure enough - there was some movement as they walked, but in weather this gentle it was nothing more than a soft rocking - and they were high enough up above the surface that the water didn’t constantly slosh up through the gaps in the boards.

But there were patches and puddles of water, dotted here and there and everywhere, and more pertinently, a very very very very very big expanse of water on every single side of them. All it would take would be one small slip, one mistimed footstep, one loss of balance, and… sploosh!

… And then Bethan would probably hoist herself up out of the water, cause she could swim just fine, but she’d be really upset, because she could be dried off, and her clothes could be changed, but there was no way she’d be able to fix the electronics in her shoes, which would be totally busted!

And so she kept thinking about this, because the thought of that made her sad at the prospect, and thinking of that made her consider the times she’d had to replace old and worn pieces of gear back home, and that gave her the excited buzzing feeling she always got when she went into the cybergoth shop at the mall, or something she’d ordered from Cyberdog had arrived.

Which was good. It was good. It was a cycle of comfort. A cycle she needed.

She could see other people across the water, as she waited for Kaya to finish her scouting mission, spear haft tapping against the jetty, bandana fluttering merrily in the seabreeze. She considered shouting at them, or waving, or… who knows, throwing something into the water to get their attention! Something like that. But she thought better of it each time. They might have been.... She didn’t wanna disrupt them. Or anything. They were probably on their own adventure as well!

The RocketBoat was… Not the boat in front of her. She could see it, off in the distance! A bright orange shard, piercing through the water. But they’d decided to take a break first, at the decidedly less flash patrol boat. It was gunmetal grey, severe looking even without any personifying features. She’d seen boats like this once or twice before! Well, she’d seen the floodlight beam, really, looking back at beach parties that she’d had the common sense to leave early. Occupational hazard of the rave scene, and all that!

She heard footsteps, and saw Kaya appear at the top of the ramp, letting her know the situation. For a moment, Bethan was hesitant. Her knuckles whitened around the spear. Maybe there were people still on the boat. Maybe they were hiding. And if they were hiding, then maybe they were….

Then she blinked. And she took a breath. It wasn’t a huge boat! If Kaya had searched thoroughly then there probably wasn’t anyone on there after all! And if there was somebody hiding in, say, a broom closet or whatever (did you need broom closets on boats? Would you call it a mop cupboard instead?) then… maybe they were just seasick! Or afraid of water! Maybe they’d appreciate a friendly face.

“Aye aye, cap’n!” Bethan said, fixing a grin on her face, and giving Kaya a small salute. She strode up the ramp, walking around to the front of the top deck, as her friend circled around to head towards the raised cabin. She placed one hand on the railing, other hand still holding the spear, gazing out across the ocean, and the large, expensive looking yacht a good few hundred metres away. She breathed in the sea air, and her heart realised something was missing, and then her brain realised that there wasn’t any sea spray, and then she giggled, because of course there wasn’t any sea spray, they were totally stationary! She kinda missed the sensation, but, again, big splash of water plus electronic boots was not a good mix!

“Hey, Kaya!” Bethan yelled, turning around and craning her neck to look up at the cabin. “Do you think that big light still works? Like, do you think if we came back here at night or something we could turn it on and, ooh, shine it across the rest of the flotilla? That would be pretty fun, right?”

She paused, and tilted her head, thinking.

“Or maybe it wouldn’t be such a good idea…”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((continued from Shavasana))

He had been running.

Skidded to a stop on the landing.

Looked at her coat.

Looked at her ankle.

Needed to be sure.

He extended the bangstick, and pointed it at the two of them.

"What teams are you on?"

Still needed to ask his question.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya laughed from the deck of the boat. "I guess we could try, if you wanted. If we had some way of making it a signal, it'd be helpful." Lowering the gun, Kaya began to walk back towards the cabin to check it out when Emmett approached.

Immediately, she ran back over to the deck and raised the gun, pointing it towards Emmett, brows furrowed. "Hi, Emmett." She said in a low voice. From the irritation on her face, it would appear she recognized him.

"Buccaneers. You?" She replied coldly.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

She heard the sound of footsteps as she looked up at the sky, heavy boots stomping against wood, but even with that knowledge, Bethan still jumped and yelped as Emmett ran up the gangplank, coming to a halt so suddenly she thought she saw smoke trailing from his heels. She was… aware of Emmett, and from the face of thunder Kaya was wearing, she did too. Bethan had avoided his nastiness first-hand thanks to, y’know, incompatibility, but she’d witnessed the fallout enough times to know that he wasn’t exactly a super pleasant guy!

There was also something in his hand, something he was pointing right at her chest. A fishing rod? Except without a line or tackle, and a solid shiny chrome all over. And her spear wasn’t exactly easy to hide; you wouldn’t exactly bring a fishing rod to a lance fight unless you were super super confident in your fighting prowess, right?

Not that there was going to be a fight, of course! Emmett was just… on his own adventure! Looking for teammates! And… and he was probably just jumpy because he’d been rudely awakened or he didn’t like the sea or… or something!

Her knuckles began to mirror the tension of Emmett’s own as she clutched tightly to her spear, forcing a grin back onto her face, hoping that her eyes didn’t give the game away.

“Y-Yeah! We’re both… both Buccaneers!”

She quickly pointed at the bright beacon wrapped around the pike’s haft with her free hand, before it too clutched the wooden shaft, just above her other clenched fist.

“Oh, that’s, um, pink team! If you didn’t know! We’re with Stephanie!”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

He instinctively looked at the bandana around his wrist.

Tapped his collar in no particular place.

"Hey. Stephanie. They telling the truth?"
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

A voice comes out of Emmett's collar:

"They are! Congrats, you three. You all got together, um, quick as a jiffy!"

There's an audible giggle, before the voice becomes a lot louder.

"Though, um, if none of you mind, would it be okay for you to step somewhere where you're by yourself, Kaya? It's, um, not really something you need to be scared of. Just, um, need to talk to you alone, for a bit. About your thing. If that's okay?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"They are! Congrats, you three. You all got together, um, quick as a jiffy!"

And Emmett Purcell finally breathed out.

"Thank fucking god."

((SB09: EMMETT PURCELL - START))

Emmett hadn't even had the dignity of being around friends when the men in suits came for him - he was skipping class to have the breakfast he skipped. The ironic thing was, that completely smashed and crumpled bacon sandwich that looked like a clogged lung was looking pretty good right about the point he realized he had no food in his bag except what he supposed they served at Disneyworld.

He'd never even processed the possibility of him ever ending up on SOTF. To him, it was a thing that happened to other schools, other classes. Entire goddamn generations of kids wiped out because people liked their action stories, Emmett included in that. He was guilty more than anything of perpetuating the whole fucking thing just by watching those edited livestreams and thinking about how cool Karen Ruiz was.

His parents were right all along - it really did rot his brain.

He'd not had much time to make a decision throughout the whole thing, but from the moment he woke up he knew he had to find a better weapon, and find his teammates. He didn't care who they were, which grade they were in, or if they hated his guts or he couldn't stand them (okay, Xander Miles Of All People might have been a hard sell) - he needed to find them, he needed to team up with them, and he needed to make sure something happened.

Which is why he hadn't stopped moving. He'd found the boat, found the people, tried to mug them for better weapons only to find the bee kid and his goddamn balls on a string, and that nerd with the knife he wasn't touching with his literal four-foot pole.

And he still hadn't stopped moving when he left. He heard screams, he heard gunshots at one point as he passed underneath the front of the cruiseship, but he couldn't see anyone until this coastguard boat, where he'd made a beeline straight for them. Whoever they were, they had a team, and they had weapons, and either way they would be of use to him.

Which they were, because Kaya had a gun and they were both on his team.

Emmett relaxed his stance, letting the bangstick fall to the ground with a clatter and gripping his knees with his hands as he began taking in the breaths he never got throughout all of this. Finally. His goddamn team.

Still not getting enough breath, Emmett slipped his pack off to the side and near crumpled but near spread to the ground, facing the sky, but finally getting in the air as he took deep breaths. He wasn't even paying attention to anything Stephanie was saying after the confirmation, because whatever it was, it couldn't be as good as the news he'd received right now.

"Thank fucking god."
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

Kaya's shoulders lowered a little as he spoke, and at Stephanie's voice and Emmett dropping his weapon, she lowered her gun in turn, pointing it at the deck. "Alright, cool." She replied, her gaze remaining on Emmett for a bit. Her eyebrows rose slightly as he dropped to the ground. "You good?" She called. After a moment more of watching him, she shrugged.

Kaya turned her head to look at the still seemingly empty cabin, then twisted further, craning her neck to look towards Bethan. "You okay waiting out here for a second? I'm gonna go in the cabin real quick and see what our pirate captain wants me for." Her voice dropped to a low whisper. "If anything happens, just yell, okay?"

With a reassuring smile, Kaya walked up the stairs to the cabin, pulled open the door, and stepped inside, slamming it behind her. She walked across the room towards the controls. She stopped, turned, and leaned her back against one of the control panels, making sure not to press up against anything. Leaning her gun against the panel, barrel pointing down, Kaya folded her arms and looked up at a nearby camera, situated in the upper corner of the room.

"So, Cap, what's up?" She asked lightly.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Oh.

Oh!

Oh he was a fellow Buccaneer, wasn’t he? Yeah, Bethan could totally see the pink bandana wrapped around his wrist now! Y’know, in all the commotion, she’d totally managed to miss it! Her eyes had been all focused on what was presumably the business end of the, err, metal stick thingy, and on Emmett’s rather wild-eyed expression.

She felt relief wash over her, as her grip on the pike loosened, and her left hand fell back down by her side, and the spear shifted from its defensive diagonal position, back to standing up straight and tall, a banner for the rest of the Buccaneer’s to look for and to follow, and she felt herself take a deep deep breath.

Which was silly, really, because she hadn’t been in any danger at all, right? She was just, y’know! Still getting used to the fact that everybody was carting weapons around and stuff! Which was totally fair, really, right? Seeing people wandering around with guns so openly and brazenly wasn’t normal in… well. It wasn’t normal in Mandeville and Swansea, at least!

“Oh, yeah, sure thing, Kaya!” Bethan replied, nodding at the other girl as she made her way to the cabin. “We’ll be fine out here, don’t worry!”

She waited for the door to snap shut - kinda loud, honestly, but it looked like it was made solidly 100% of heavy metal like everything else on this boat, so not a huge surprise there - before she took a couple of steps closer to Emmett, spear tapping against the ground alongside her.

“Um!”

Okay, look! Yes, they were all on a team together, and that was super great and all, buuuuut… Emmett wasn’t really a nice guy! At all! So the prospect of talking to him one on one, nobody else in the vicinity, that was kinda scary!

Bethan took a deep breath, then clenched her fists, trying to pump herself up, hoping Emmett was too focused on the clouds he was staring at to notice her actions. She could do this. She could do this! There was plenty more stuff she could say now and that they could talk about, now that they were out of the classroom and on an adventure on the high seas! And if she could get through this conversation unscathed then, well, she could probably get through anything, really!

“Are you doing all right? Do you need some water? Wait, no, that’s dumb, you have your own water don’t you? Um… How have things been? So far? For you? How’s your, um, adventure been?”

She smiled down at the boy, Perspex cloud caught between finger and thumb, gently swivelling as she spoke.

“I’ve never been on a boat like this before! It’s kinda… exciting, isn’t it?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Wham Yubeesling

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

A voice comes out of Emmett's collar, as he and Bethan climb up the boat:

"Um... I'm... not really sure if there's anything left I really have to say, but I can still speak here so I'll do my best to give you some general advice: stick together. Try your best to lay low. Don't do any fights if you don't have to — if you're sure you can maybe plunder something without any cost for yourself, but don't do anything that'll make people think of you as, um, scary and threatening and stuff. And don't worry. I'll do my best to get you through this. You two are my favourites. I won't let anyone fall overboard."

A voice comes out of Kaya's collar, almost akin to a whisper, as if she's trying to make sure nobody else hears.

"Okay. Hi. Sorry for pulling you aside, I just needed to, um, make some things clear. Those two are your teammates. Your teammates will be a fantastic... I think the word Jewel would use is... asset, to get you through this. They are not the be-all-end-all to winning this game, though. Especially those two. If it's a choice between saving the other two and saving yourself, save yourself. Don't get yourself killed just because they're your teammates. Um, okay?"

There's the sound of a sigh.

"Sorry if this sounds rude. I just... think you need to know the truth. I, um, don't think those two are really capable of making it far in this game. I think you are. It'd be great to maybe get everyone out of this, but... maybe getting double isn't worth maybe getting nothing. I'll do my best to lead all of you, but... you're my favourite. One of my favourites. If there's someone here I can truly help out, it's you."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Do you know what Emmett thought of Bethan Gayle when they were back at school together?

Emmett thought Bethan Gayle was a freak. He thought she dressed like she had mental problems, she dyed her hair like she was trying to pretend she didn't have mental problems, and she was just as overly obsessed with SOTF as their worst classmates, which just confirmed to Emmett that she did have mental problems. To him, all of this, on top of being a lesbian and not even remotely worth trying to interact with since he wasn't going to be able to fuck her even if he wanted to, meant she was worth nothing to him and he would probably never think of her again once he left high school, except when thinking about how many weird, abnormal, un-American people he shared a class with.

And do you know what Emmett thought of Kaya Robinson when they were back at school together?

Even less. Her muscles were ugly, she was one of those overly obsessed classmates who were all about SOTF, and he found her desire to win despite her numerous setbacks in his eyes grossly unappealing - he really hated girls who were cocky for no reason, especially when they didn't deserve it. He'd not even remember her when thinking back on his class of abnormal un-American weirdos as the years went on.

But do you know what Emmett Purcell thought of Bethan Gayle and Kaya Robinson now that they were sharing a team on SOTF?

Well, things were different now.

Emmett had a moral obligation to make sure they lived.

What he'd thought of them back in high school didn't mean shit, because the only thing running through Emmett's mind as he looked up at the babbling Bethan standing above him was that he had been taken from his family, as had everyone else here, and the only way this was going to be worth anything was if as many people lived as possible.

And that meant a team victory, preferably of Stephanie's Buccaneers.

There were probably other factors at play here - Karen Ruiz and Jewel whatsername were people that existed - but the important thing now was that Emmett find his teammates, get them together, and make sure they all had the best chance at living as possible. From what he could tell, there were big teams out there - that meant lots of people living if everything went right, but it had to go right.

When Bethan stopped talking, he blinked.

"Haven't been on a boat either, Beth. Can't even swim."

The relative relaxation Emmett felt as he lay there on the deck was unnerving and undeserving, but he didn't move.

"And it's been shit, Bethan. I'm on SOTF."

He didn't feel like he'd said anything wrong there, but he knew Bethan would probably take offense to that.

"...sorry. It's not been a good time."
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Espi

Post by Espi »

As Kaya listened, her expression was gradually cast down into a frown as she stared at the floor, brow furrowed. She tapped her foot a few times, arms still folded, biting her lip. Then, she lifted her head.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Before you go, can you let our other teammates know we're on our way to the RocketBoat? Thanks."

Kaya picked up the gun and quickly walked out of the room, closing the door heavily behind her. "Alright, I'm good." She declared upon approaching the other two Buccaneers. Kaya grinned. "She just wanted to say kudos for being cautious with Emmett. I think she just didn't want to hurt his feelings, but it's whatever." She shrugged before rubbing her eyes.

"Anyway, we were just on our way to the RocketBoat." Kaya quirked a grin. "Figured we don't have anywhere special we need to go, so we might as well see what the deal with that was." Kaya turned her gaze down to the bangstick laying on the ground. "Uh, whatcha got there? Assume it's your weapon?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

It wasn’t often that Bethan Gayle was left lost for words, buuuuut this was definitely one of those times!

Not really at anything Emmett had said or done, though! He looked like he’d been put through the wringer - had he been running nonstop since he’d woken up? - so him just collapsing into a heap on the deck made sense. And although his words were a lot tamer than much of his usual fare, there was still an undeniable prickle and edge running through them. Which was… well, that was good, in some ways, right? That he was still speaking like he was walking through the corridors of Mangrove High?

No, it was more the fact that a voice had decided to chime in, out of sight and out of the blue, one that had been vaguely familiar to Bethan for years thanks to adverts and late-night talk shows before it had spoken directly to her a few hours prior and become very very familiar indeed. She had yelped, and she had jumped, and she had spun around, searching for the new person who had somehow snuck up on them with no footsteps or anything, before she realised it was coming from the collar fixed around Emmett’s neck.

And now she was looking down but not quite at Emmett, standing still and not bouncing on the balls of her feet like she usually did, mulling over Stephanie’s words in her head.

Of course they were gonna stick together! They were a team, everyone on this boat, that was the whole point of teams, to stay with each other! And Emmett still made her nervous and she didn’t wanna spend more time talking with him than necessary so she’d leave that part up to Kaya (unless she also didn’t want that in which case… uh, they’d figure something out!), but! He had immediately flung his weapon down, as soon as he’d seen the pink bandanas. He was mean and rude. But he wasn’t a threat. And neither was she, and neither was Kaya! They weren’t gonna go around intimidating anyone, and if anybody did feel upset or threatened by the giant spear she was carrying then she would happily lower it for them - lower it to the ground, of course, not, like, lower it to point at them - and everything would be hunky-dory again!

So why did Stephanie feel the need to say they should avoid fights?

Surely that was taken as read, right? They were on an adventure, after all, a seafaring adventure to reach the legendary RocketBoat! They weren’t gonna… they weren’t gonna plunder anybody, they weren’t looking for other peoples’ treasure; they just wanted to explore the sights of the arena itself! So they weren’t gonna attack anybody, not now, not ever, nuh-uh, no way!

Unless…

Unless, maybe, possibly, if they got… attacked first.

She didn’t have any more time to consider that line of thought before Kaya returned, feet clanking against the metal staircase leading to and from the cabin. She listened to her friend, as she spoke about what Stephanie had said - which really didn’t seem all that secretive and necessary to mention in private but whatever! - and then she asked about the metal rod lying on the deck. Bethan nodded instinctively, quizzically tilting her head as she focused her attention on the possibly-probably-weapon.

“Is it one of those, uhh, y’know, telescoping baton thingies? Or something?”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Now here's the thing.

Emmett hadn't seen Stephanie's season. He was sure that the fact she was a winner probably meant that he was supposed to take her advice, but really? Nah. Emmett wasn't going to be able to run and hide and keep out of trouble. Not because he didn't want to, but because it just wasn't gonna happen for him.

Because unlike Stephanie, Emmett was afflicted with a weakness nobody else in this school had called "bitches be crazy".

Emmett had fucked a lot of girls, like, a lot of them. Some wouldn't call it healthy, but he called it a hobby. He liked having sex with girls, just as long as they didn't try anything gross like wanting to spend time with him or anything. For some reason, this seemed to make them hate him, especially when he did the gentlemanly thing of hyping these girls up to his friends so they would have just as much luck as him when it came to sex, which was weird, right? You hype up one girl's titties to Leslie over a beer and suddenly she's "outraged" and "never wants to speak to you again", which was stupid and not even Emmett's fault. Bethan and Kaya hadn't had the joys of the Emmett Train to Pound Town, not that they ever would, since, y'know, gross, but other girls had been on that train and these girls were probably not on Emmett's team. Literal team, by the way, not like Bethan.

Which meant if they went crazy, got a weapon, and decided to kill him on sight, well, that was going to be a problem.

Emmett wasn't exactly low profile.

And he wasn't going to spend his time here like a little bitch.

So he nodded to whatever Stephanie was saying, and the moment Kaya returned he began to get to his feet.

Hurt his feelings?

What a bitch.

If Stephanie kept on assuming Emmett was just as much of a little bitch as she was, Emmett was going to have second thoughts about saving her team, and where would that leave her?

"Alright."

They were leaving at some point, heading to a RocketBoat.

"This thing-"

Emmett strolled over and picked up his weapon, which had rolled slightly as he'd laid there.

"Bangstick, sharkstick, powerhead, whatever you call it. Poke something hard enough with the end and it fires a 5.56mm rifle cartridge into whatever it's hitting."

He flipped it around in his hand, trying to pass it off as something cool when he had just realized he'd been holding the wrong end when he'd held up the kid with the Bolas.

"I'd prefer a real gun, but hey."
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “Patrol Boat (Danger Zone)”