Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma

Oneshot!!!

The dwellings found on the western side of the settlement were occupied by the poorer denizens of the town. These buildings tend to be low, small, densely-packed, and in questionable states of repair. Those that are more than one story tend to be divided into apartments, and were probably largely tenanted by sailors and dockworkers. The architecture is largely bare stucco and wood, and roofs are mostly flat. Gardens, when present, are small and poorly-maintained. Many of the buildings were clearly shared by many inhabitants, evidenced by extremely efficient layouts and numerous beds. The light here is poor, and there are a number of alleys and tight spaces suitable to concealment... or ambush.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma

Post by Pippi »

((Kat Locke-Baldwin continued from When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity))

Well. This place was better, she guessed. Slightly less full of rubbish, slightly less rancid. But not by much.

Kat rummaged through what must have been the kitchen area, opening cupboard doors as quietly as she could, shining her torch inside for something more useful than her current cache of weapons. She’d never liked her home back in Bellington, and not just because of the people living in it. Calling her parents’ skillset ‘limited’ would have been generous, and both of them barely earned a living wage. Most of their money went on their personal little ‘den’, filled with video games and anime paraphernalia. The rest of the house was small and poorly insulated. You could hear the neighbours through the walls. Their ‘garden’ was more a tiny brick terrace next to a patch of grass and weeds.

But compared to this place, it was the lap of luxury. There was rubbish and dust littering the ground, forcing Kat to watch where she put her hands, lest she cut herself on broken, dirty glass. There was an oven with a hob, and a tiny, beaten up fridge in the kitchen, and those two things took up almost the entire space. She barely had enough room to turn around in it, thanks to her bags.

This was the first room she’d visited in this house, and she could only imagine every other room would be exactly the same; tiny and smelling of mildew and damp.

And completely fucking empty of anything worthwhile.

It took a hefty amount of restraint for Kat to not slam the cupboard door shut, as she was greeted once more by rusting, greasy old pots and frying pans. Useless. Anything this shit could do, the bottles in her bag could do better. She needed a kitchen knife, or a cleaver, something like that, but she guessed all the soldiers had cleared any additional weapons out of the town before she and her classmates had been dropped here.

It had been a longshot rummaging around in the kitchen, and she knew it. What she really needed was one of the weapons they’d all been given. She needed a pack, abandoned or left behind or lost. She needed a pacifist to have thrown away their rifle in disgust. She needed a body.

24 hours had gone by, and the sole body she’d seen had been Rue’s freshly looted one. That still made her stomach churn to think about, and didn’t help her worth a damn, so she moved on to the next cupboard.

As soon as she pulled the door open, a mountain of plates spilled out, and Kat just about covered her mouth and leapt backwards in time before they toppled on top of her. There was a deafening crashing sound, half the plates shattering into tiny shards, porcelain flung to each corner of the tiny kitchen.

She stood up straight, holding her breath, one hand in her pocket, wrapped around the handle of her gun, the other slowly unzipping her bag to give her access to the bottle. She stood there in silence for a minute. Two minutes. Five minutes.

Ten minutes of deafening quiet passed, before Kat could breathe normally again and relax. Either this house was totally empty, or, if there was somebody here, then they were totally petrified. Both options worked just fine for her.

She started to move, feet crunching the plate shards into powder with each step. She had every intention to just get out of this hovel and search elsewhere. There was another doorframe to her immediate right, missing its door, and she could smell decay from within, but that didn’t mean anything. This whole neighbourhood stank of rot and decay. She’d been in two shitholes in a row, now. Surely she could afford to search somewhere a little nicer.

She could smell blood from the room, too. Again. Didn’t mean anything. She strongly doubted blood hadn’t been spilled here before they’d come.

She realised she hadn’t moved an inch, and she closed her eyes before raising them skywards, taking a deep sigh.

“Fucking…”

Alright. One more try in this building. If she came up empty-handed, she was heading elsewhere. Maybe a trip to the beach would give her better results.

She hit the jackpot as soon as she stepped inside.

The smell of blood got stronger and stronger the further into the room she moved, but she forced herself to ignore it as she moved towards the bulking bag leaning against a moth eaten sofa. Soon, she was standing over it, and soon, she could see the reason behind the smell of death.

There was the body she’d been looking for. She couldn’t help but turn her nose up at the blazer thrown haphazardly over its face. Was that supposed to be somebody’s attempt at respect for the dead guy? It was a pretty pisspoor attempt, if it was.

It helped, though. She kept on seeing Rue’s face attached to her lifeless body, whenever she closed her eyes and tried to rest. This was… this was just meat. Anonymous meat, without a face, without a name, without an identity to tie itself to Kat. It just existed.

She scanned the rest of the meat quickly. There was a knife, jutting out of its stomach. Despite the fact her own was tangling itself into knots, her heart leapt. She moved around to look down at the meat, kneeling next to it, face closer to the knife. There was blood surrounding it. An awful lot of blood, some of it on the handle itself.

Kat closed her eyes. She briefly considered taking her own blazer off and ripping it to shreds, preventing any of the blood getting on her. That would have taken too long though, and increased the likelihood of her getting pysched out.

She took a deep breath. Just meat. That was all it was.

She shot her hand out and grabbed the handle, feeling patches of blood stick to her palm and fingertips, and she pulled, unable to block sight and sound and scent all at once as the knife gave way with a soft, damp noise. She stood up again, turned around immediately, back facing the meat, as she admired the knife. The whole experience had taken less than a second.

The blade looked nasty. One serrated edge and one hell of a sharp point. There was a weird button on one side of the handle. The entire blade was steeped in blood.

Kat looked at the knife for a moment longer, before she doubled over, throwing up for the second time in two days, vomit thin and watery, barely avoiding her shoes. She stood back up after a few seconds, wiping her mouth, and when her hand moved away, she had a grin on her face.

The content’s of the meat’s bags were transferred quickly into her own. She gave it a quick test run on her back around the room. A little heavier, but not by an uncomfortable amount. Especially not now that the two bottles, worthless now, were lying in shards in the corner. The fake gun went to her left pocket. The knife was fixed to her belt loop on the right hand side. She patted it, grinning again at the weight and how it felt on her. Then she left.

Finally, she was starting to get somewhere.

((Kat Locke-Baldwin, continued in What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ"))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Western Dwellings (PV3)”