P - I - P - E - S

Now private!~

A large brick building with small, high windows, the cannery's inside is mostly one huge room, filled with rows upon rows of now-dormant conveyor belts where once fish were packed. Like much of the seaside space, the inside of this building absolutely reeks of fish, and the floor is coated with unidentifiable stains. While the machinery cannot be coaxed into operation, a small locker-room off to the side still contains a great number of aprons and heavy-duty gloves in varying sizes, all worn and soiled from years of use. Aside from the main entrance, there is a small door to the outside in the room with the aprons which can be secured and a large emergency exit opposite the main entrance which cannot be easily barred. There is a small restroom adjacent to the locker-room, with a single toilet and a sink. Large hoses used to wash down the floor each night after closing are still operable.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

P - I - P - E - S

Post by Pippi »

She hated fish.

((Kat Locke-Baldwin continued from What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ"))

Yes, she got it as well as everybody else did. The Kat. Not liking fish. Make your own jokes, they were all as hilarious as the last. It was still, obviously, preferable to everybody at school knowing her as ‘Katana’, but whenever she mentioned offhandedly she didn’t like salmon or cod or whatever, there would always be somebody popping up with a huge shit-eating grin and something totally original on the tip of their tongue. Because woe betide anyone at her school have an original thought for once in their goddamn life.

Anyway.

Fish could go either two ways when you caught it and served it. Either it was bland as shit, and you had to coat it in a kilogram of flavouring just so it didn’t taste like a wet lump of flesh, or it was chewy and pungent and tasted like she imagined arse would taste like. And speaking of pungent, somehow it smelled even worse than it tasted. Every time she went past the fish counter at Sainsbury’s she was certain she was about to throw up.

So of course she’d ended up in this big brick building dedicated entirely to preparing and canning fish.

It was entirely her own fault, she got that. But she was still pissed off. From the dump to the dilapidated musty houses to the cannery. What a magical mystery tour she’d been on. And on this most recent leg of the journey, she’d had the cuts across her arm and face to deal with. The sleeve of her blazer and shirt had been fully ripped off, and a bandage wrapped around the X-shaped slash there, which had thankfully only just started to stain red, but she’d had to replace the plaster underneath her eye three times already on the road here. Each time she did, it felt as though a whole waterfall was pouring down her cheek, and it meant she was in a thoroughly stinking mood, as she traipsed through the equally stinking cannery.

All the more reason to get out of here, then. No matter what happened to her, she wouldn’t have to deal with this shithole, or cornered rats lashing out at her, anymore.

The one good thing that could be said about this building was that it masked the smell of the body propped up against the wall. She guessed it was somebody on the announcement that had played earlier, but she couldn’t tell who, and there was no knife stuck in its gut or machine gun lying next to it. So she had no inclination to try and actually find out their identity.

She scowled, something that her face was growing quite accustomed to, as she stalked through the dark, past conveyor belts and and rancid plastic crates coated in slime. Once again, it looked as though she was gonna end up empty handed. She was lucky, really. Her annoyance at spending so much time digging through the rubbish for nothing was only fuelling her to succeed. Lesser people, she knew, would get frustrated and give up, but she-

Wait. There was a glint, a gleam of metal in the moonlight.

She stood up, looking over one of the conveyor belts to get a better view of it, thinking at first that it was just a handle or a lever, and briefly admonishing herself for missing the second body, a few feet away from the first. But it was lying flat on the ground, and too thin to be anything used to start machinery as heavy as this.

Kat moved closer, walking around the edge of the belt, and a smile flashed onto her face as the swordcane came into view.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Rajni continued from Now Look At This Net))

They'd travelled together in a silence so awkward that even Rajni's normal lack of tact and basic common sense couldn't bring itself to bear against attempting to break it. There was awkward and then there was AWK. WARD. you know? Rajni didn't know how much she'd broken through to Galahad and was pretty much bricking it at the idea of testing the tentative...she wasn't going to call it peace, so let's jump to equilibrium. Galahad was steady right now. They were...steady.

Steadily strolling on down towards being two of the last ten alive hahaha oh fucking shit this was just getting more and more surreal. Were the two of them just gonna wander around the place while everyone died around them and then they just turned out to be, well, them? She indulged for a second in the idea of everything just sorting itself out without any intervention from her, but it left an uncomfortable lump in her stomach. Things working out via...absolutely nothing. Sure. Yeah... They'd been really lucky in terms of who they had and hadn't met, though knowing that Tiny had killed after they just y'know, left him to it, that was a bad feeling, just, well, fucking...what was she supposed to do, just kill the dude in cold blood?

Worst thing? Actual worst thing was? She wanted to say that the net thing was retroactively less funny but it wasn't. Genuinely still funny as fuck.

There was a building up ahead, a reeking, stinking building. Rajni banged on the closest door.

"HEY, FISH LOSERS! ANYONE HOME?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Make no bones about it; the sword lying at Kat’s feet looked weird as get out.

She crouched slightly, just in order to get a better look at the thing, not that she had much further down to the ground to go with her small stature. What she was looking at could have been a rapier that had gone disastrously wrong somewhere along the line. The blade was thin and about as long as her arm, and as she tilted her head and the angle shifted, she could see the razor sharp edge of it, designed for cutting rather than stabbing like she’d first assumed.

But then, the handle. The handle. Oh, boy, where did she begin with the handle? Curved like someone had stolen the top of her granny’s walking stick, and almost exactly the right colour to boot, it was designed in exactly the worst possible way for someone to properly wield a sword. She hadn’t even picked it up yet, but it looked like you could either hold it like a sword and get serious wrist cramp, or hold it like a walking stick and slice your ankles to ribbons.

Still though. A sharp blade was a sharp blade, and she wasn’t letting anyone else with worse intentions take it.

She wrapped her fingers around the handle of the blade, and she had just enough time to admire how lightweight and easy to carry it was as she stood back up, before a metal banging and a yell ripped their way through the cannery.

Kat jumped, just about able to stifle the panicked yell before it escaped her lips. She spun around, ducking back down again, peeking just over the top of the conveyor belt. The identity of the voice had been muffled by the metal door. The words, on the other hand, were as clear as if they’d been said right next to Kat’s ear, and she frowned as they properly sunk in.

Okay. This person outside was an idiot. That was all she really needed to know.

They probably weren’t worth her time. She really didn’t want another incident like in the decaying house. But, and this was the single ‘but’ that was constantly driving her and that had dictated all of her actions since first waking up in the town, what if they had a weapon on them? Some serrated knife or heavy axe or any kind of gun. Even if they weren’t planning on using it, somebody out here was. There were people who would kill, literally, to get their hands on a sword or a rifle, and then use their bloodied prize to kill further.

The more weapons she took, and kept and destroyed as her options changed and improved, the less resources the players and murderers would have. The better the odds that those with no chance, those pacifists and those who had already lost all hope, could go out on their own terms when they realised the gig was up.

And the better her own chances of walking out of here alive.

So Kat kept herself low, pulled the collar of her blazer over her mouth, and waited.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

No response. Good enough.

Rajni had to admit she wasn't incredibly excited about the idea of entering Fishton-upon-Trent just for the sake of it, more that that was a case of like, well, it seemed like an all right landmark to use as a stopping off place for now. She could check in on Galahad and make sure he wasn't having a silent meltdown. As for the loudness, that was a case of thinking back to everything else and realising that eventually it was going to happen and eventually it was going to be absolutely wank. Meeting someone, that was.

So call it ten people left alive, right, that work. Of the ten that weren't those two, they had a handful of killers who'd done the deed multiple times mixed in with a few others like her and Galahad who hadn't resolved to be complete bellends. As time dragged on though, category two was going to shrink smaller and smaller, making it harder and harder for her and good Sir Knight here to find people who weren't going to just attempt to murder them. Safety in numbers was probably not an actual thing after everything they'd heard about going down so far, but Rajni felt like they had a better shot of coming to a not!last man standing dealio if they had three, four of them sitting in a group without having done a bundle of murders, as opposed to her and Galahad stumbling upon the last living murderboy slash girl with a whole bloody armoury in their back pocket.

And if they ran into a murderboy slash girl first...it was eventually going to happen.

Rajni shot a smile and a nod back over her shoulder at Galahad and opened the door, netgun poised at shoulder height as she stepped into the land of fish stench.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

That was a gun.

Kat’s eyes widened, and she just about managed to stifle a gasp as the girl barged her way into the cannery. That was, without a doubt, a gun, big bulky and dangerous, armed and raised and ready to fire. It was a different shape and a different size to the rifles the soldiers she sometimes saw around Bellington carried; the… muzzle, or whatever it was called, was a particularly odd shape.

But through the silver light gleaming in through shattered windows, she could see the handle, and the stock, and the girl’s finger resting against the trigger, and that, really, was all the information she needed.

She had to get that weapon off of her.

She couldn’t just stand up and point the oddly-handled sword at the girl, though. That would just lead to the gun being pointed at her in turn, and then she’d die realising that she’d literally brought a sodding knife, and a sword, to a gunfight. A sneakier approach was required. No matter the weapon you had, you always had to obey a blade pressed into your back.

Kat started to move, slowly as possible, keeping her breath held and her blazer tightly pressed into her mouth. Her feet shuffled along the ground, each step taking four times as long to complete as normal. Her eyes were fixed on the girl, watching her every move, ready for any sudden movements or signs she knew what was up.

Her vigilance was her downfall. So fixated was she on keeping track of the intruder, that the rest of her surroundings took a backseat. Her foot snagged on a loose chain, and Kat’s heart sank without a trace, her breath catching in her throat as the metallic scraping echoed throughout the building.

She stayed as perfectly still as she could, taking shallow breaths through her nose. Maybe the girl would ignore it, dismiss it as some animal rummaging through the storerooms or something. Maybe she wouldn’t. Kat was prepared for either possibility.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

She felt like a proper commando like here, some SAS room to room shit. Whip around with the netgun, look in the corners, yell 'clear!'. That was how that worked, Rajni was pretty sure, and the thought was enough to keep the smile on her face, a gentle curl as she glanced around the interior. Dead fish, various tools and equipment, more dead fish, pool of blood--

Aw fuck.

Rajni stopped cold, swallowed. She took a step forward, and then another. Fucking hell. That was Yian down on the ground there, wasn't it? Guy she'd just been baffled had managed to kill, guy she'd left. And yeah she'd known he was dead because she'd heard about it but... phew, whoa, that was heavy. Real heavy. She swallowed again, looked away, then something clattered. The netgun, dipping as she took in the horrible sight of a Yian riddle dwith bullets came up again.

"Hey! I asked if anyone was home! We got a problem, fam?"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Kat rolled her eyes as the other girl called out to her. There was nothing, technically, wrong or incorrect with her statement. It was just so… inane, and pointless. A waste of time and breath. It was diverting her own energy and focus away from what should have been the task at hand; seeking out and dealing with the person hiding in the dark.

Obviously she wasn’t complaining about the other girl’s stupidity.

It still didn’t give her a whole lot of options, though. She was still trapped in a dark and shadowy warehouse with a well-armed enemy who knew she was there. She remained still for a moment, ears pricked for the sounds of footsteps or of any other movement. There were two things that were leaning in her favour, here. The first was that she wasn’t looking to kill, just to steal. Obviously that still didn’t mean she would be able to walk up and ask the girl to hand over her gun, but it meant this didn’t have to be clean. Quick, dirty and confusing. She held the element of surprise.

The second, leading on from that, was that it didn’t seem like this girl had a concrete idea of where Kat was. The longer she left it, the more likely she’d be found out. So…

Kat took a deep, silent breath, then pushed herself up, vaulting over the conveyor belt and flinging herself at Rajni, swordcane in hand.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Doot doot doot doot... okay nothing, nothing nothing.

Rajni knew that she hadn't just been hearing things, so that left either a particularly noisy rat or someone who was playing silly buggers, which y'know, absolutely wasn't Rajni's favourite game to be enjoying when all this death and also death was going on. She breathed out slowly. Oookay. Time to take this easy and--

"FUCK!" the shout ripped out of her in a startled yelp as movement exploded at her from the side. Sword! Rajni stumbled back, the netgun came up.

As she pulled the trigger, there was too much frantically racing through her head to spare for a witty one liner, though she totally thought of one.

Two things stopped her, really. The sickening crack of impact after she fired.

And the blade that had cleanly slid between her ribs.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

She wasn’t fast enough.

And if that didn’t sum up everything that had happened to her since she’d first woken up, she didn’t know what did. She was always just off the pace, reaching the point everybody else had been, a day after they’d already left. Always two steps forwards, one step back - hell, scratch that, she was only ever making one step forward before falling behind again. A full day for her to get an actual weapon. Another day, now, for her to find somebody with a gun.

All of her grandiose plans, her idea of snuffing out the killers by taking as many weapons for herself as she could, keeping as much as she needed and destroying the rest, stifling them of the resources they needed the most until she was the only one with a chance of escaping this place, all a huge waste of time. Just one big stupid, pointless pipe dream.

And now, as her feet hit the floor and she ran at Rajni, Kat realised that she’d misjudged and messed something up again. It was further to the other girl from her hiding spot than she’d first thought. Not a huge distance, but enough for Rajni to spin around and face her.

To swing the gun up and pull the trigger.

Kat’s eyes widened, fight-or-flight response scrambling, canceling each other out, locking her momentum in place, body refusing to do anything but move forwards.

There was a crack, a noise like a branch being snapped in half, and Kat’s head snapped backwards, her throat instantly feeling like it was caught in an iron vice. She tried to cough it out, to clear her throat, to breathe as panic gripped her body, but the only sound that came out was a twisted, strangled noise.

She staggered backwards, brain feeling like it was drowning, wondering what kind of gun could do something like this before that thought sank, glimpsing her sword jutting out of the other girl’s torso before that disappeared without a trace too.

There was just enough time for her to curse herself, this game, her parents, everything that had led her to this point, everything about her life.

Then her legs gave way. She was dead before she hit the floor.

F08 - KATANA "KAT" LOCKE-BALDWIN - DECEASED
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

Rajni looked down at the person she'd just killed. Katana. What a name that was, absolute whopper by her parents there. Rajni had never got on her case about it or anything, but she had definitely laughed, like, multiple times whenever it came up again. What could she say, it was hilarious and dumb.

And she was dead.

And she'd just killed Rajni.

Cause thinking about Kat's name and how it was dumb was a decentish distraction from the piercing spike of pain completing impaling her chest.

She couldn't breathe. She wasn't sure why she was still up and running, to be honest, but how these things worked wasn't really—oh there she went.

Rajni collapsed to the side, the netgun slipping out of her hands—turned out that could do way more damage than she thought, huh?

The landing charged the blade to the side and she tried to yell, tried to swear. The noise that came out was wheezy and strained. Aw fuck her lung.

She tasted blood.

There were footsteps from behind her, rushing. Was that another yell and cry? Maybe it was just the wind. Was there wind here? Roaring echoed in her ears.

"Gal..." she managed it, hoarse, gargling. "Give 'em... hell, bl—" she, ironically, choked on blood as she tried to say it.

She closed her eyes, tried to breathe. She thought she could feel the blade cutting through her innards with every tiny move.

Come on. Come on. One more. Just let her have a little more, a little more. Rajni, Rajni you can do this. Come on Rajni.

She opened her eyes, forced them open.

"Tell dad... not...his...fault."

Rajni smiled at where she thought Galahad was.

Her head fell back.

F10 - RAJNI SMITH - DECEASED
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((Galahad Matthews continued from Now Look At This Net))

It had been a while, now, since he’d thought about it, but Galahad was reminded very forcefully of the first night, back at the graveyard. Ripped from his slumber within the gazebo, just in time for him to see two people, two of his friends at that, killed in front of his very eyes, too late for him to do anything about it. Truth be told, he’d almost forgotten about Barry and Penny, what with the incident on the beach and the news about Freya taking over his thoughts instead.

And now here he was again, running in to the scene of a double murder when the action had already concluded, too late to actually do anything or to save anybody, and the events of the first night flashed through his mind. It would have been fitting bookends, really, for his time in the Program to have begun and to have ended in the same way.

But it wasn’t him that was bleeding out. Somehow, he was living to fight another day. It was Rajni.

He knew, even before he skidded to a halt next to her, that she wasn’t making it out of this. She seemed to have accepted the same fact. It helped. A tiny bit. He was drained, at this point. Drained not of sorrow that people were dying. That was something he didn’t feel would ever deplete, and he hoped it never would. He was drained of the horror that people here would die. It had happened since he’d first woken up, and it was still happening right in front of him. He’d had a headstart with his mother’s death, he supposed. He didn’t want Rajni to die. He didn’t want to be kneeling next to her as she bled out, sword in her stomach. He cried, as he looked down at her. But he didn’t rage, or panic, or desperately try to stem the bleeding and stop her from slipping away. His capacity for doing so had gone, along with Freya.

Part of him felt sick that he wasn’t doing more. But Rajni didn’t seem to begrudge him that.

So he knelt next to her and held her hand and listened to her final words and her final request. He squeezed her hand and smiled at her through his tears, even though he was sure she couldn’t process either of them. He moved his free hand beneath her head when it fell back, making sure it didn’t hit against the hard floor.

Then she was gone, and he was alone. He knelt next to her for a while, staring into the gloom.

It had been a long time since he’d been all by himself. Never at school, when he was attached at the hip to Freya, and not even at home, with his dad working from his study. Since first waking up, he’d been with Sofia, then with Tiny, then with Rajni. And now he had nobody at all but himself. Nobody to tell him what to do. Nobody for him to blindly follow without questioning.

Galahad stood, and quickly surveyed the scene in front of him. There was a knife a few feet away from the girl who’d stabbed Rajni - Kat, if he remembered correctly - and he moved over to pick it up. He glanced at Rajni’s netgun, contemplating it for a few moments, before scooping it up as well. The chances of it being as deadly as it had been here were seriously unlikely, and he wasn’t even sure how many nets she had left, but it felt right, taking a part of her with him.

He looked down at the two once more, wondering what else there was to do, the sense of something missing burning away inside of him. The answer came to him after a few more moments, and he ran off to a sideroom, returning a couple of minutes later with a large tarpaulin. He unfurled it and threw it over Rajni, covering her. After another few seconds of thinking, he rearranged it so it covered Kat as well.

And that was that. There was nothing else here for him. He had things to do; scant things, vague things, but goals nonetheless. Two people to let others know about. Two people to make proud.

Even if it was for the sake of other people, he had his own path to tread.

((Galahad Matthews continued in If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu

Return to “Cannery (PV3)”