Writing From Personal Experience

Suzanne Lanford Start! (Finally)

Mostly untouched, this natural rain forest sits on the far east side of the island, providing a marked contrast to its strictly regulated cousin. One of the defining features of the resort, very prominently displayed in every brochure, the only sign of civilization is a small wooden booth labeled "Jungle Safari" on a crude wooden sign a few hundred feet down the only pathway leading in.
Tythanin*

Writing From Personal Experience

Post by Tythanin* »

She was in SotF.

That thought kept repeating through Suzanne's mind as she leaned against one of the main trees within the rain forest. She had been wandering for a while with no real purpose besides finding her team...and it hadn't really gone well. It hadn't taken long for her to get tired and her throat felt sore. She couldn't imagine how badly her body was going to deal with the new environment as well as the exertion that she knew she was going to be going through. SotF wasn't a walk in the park. She had watched it and she knew she would need to be able to run, to climb, to do anything that led to survival and/or escape.

She looked down at her right elbow where she had tied her team bandanna. It was so boring. Dark gray with a white 13? Not only did she get stuck with the unlucky number, but she didn't even get one of the cool looking ones. It seemed petty and superficial to think of it like that, but that's how it was. Survival of the Fittest was the...the biggest and best thing on television and they wouldn't even spring for cooler headbands? It was quite uncool...but then again, it could have been worse.

The blandness of her bandanna paled in comparison to the realization that she was going to die her. Without a doubt, she was going to die. She knew it. She imagined that the odds for her winning had to be like five billion to one. She was weak, alone, and not particularly athletic or skilled in any way. She didn't even have the advantage of being a skilled speaker. Well...if she was lucky, she'd make whoever bet on her a very rich man.

She moaned, rubbing at her temples, looking up at the sky as a slight smile appeared on her lips. "Ah...well, if I somehow make it through this, I'll actually have real world experience to put in my SotF forum RP character. It's always better to put something you have experience with in your characters...make them feel more real."

She didn't even know why she was talking to herself. Maybe it was because it was so quiet that she needed to fill her ears with something to not go crazy. With a sigh, she pushed herself off the tree and continued walking around the forest. She needed to find her team.

She just hoped she'd be lucky to run into one of them. She was weak, yes...but she wasn't going to give up and die. Her parents had spent too much time and money trying to keep her alive.

Suzanne Lanford would do the same.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Pippi »

((Glen Bole continued from Hello World))

Glen had been walking across the island for who knows how long, simultaneously trying to find people and avoid people. His plans had changed slightly; now, Glen was trying to find the rest of the pink team before anything else. If anything, they could be used as cannon fodder, or something. The scene at the ski slope, however, had made Glen paranoid as balls, and he’d managed to convince himself that Bob had traversed the entire island and told everyone about what a moron he was.

Glen wasn’t in the right frame of mind to consider that people might have better things to do than spread rumours on the island.

And so, Glen had reached the rainforest, without meeting anyone else, pink bandana or otherwise. Thinking that there’d be no harm in venturing into the forest, apart from the two schools who could potentially murder him, he set off inside. As it turned out, this was not a good idea.

After half an hour or so of wandering around aimlessly, Glen was sweating buckets, much more so than when he went running. He placed the shotgun on the ground, and quickly pulled off his hoody and sleeveless basketball top. Glen opened the bag, and pulled out the two other t-shirts. Choosing between the Nike one and the pink-and-heart one took less than a second, and Glen put on the Nike t-shirt, throwing everything except the shotgun back into the bag. After a few more minutes of wandering around, however, the heat was really getting to Glen. Not wanting to stay in the rainforest for another second, he opened the bag again to get the compass and map and find a way out. This proved unsuccessful.

“Wait, so there’s a volcano here... ish, and that means that the hotel is... where?” Glen muttered to himself. He couldn’t read the map, and the compass was proving useless. Adding to his annoyances, Glen had to cradle his shotgun at the same time as reading everything. All of this lead up to Glen not paying attention to his surroundings, and tripping over a protruding vine.

“WOAH FUCK” he yelled as he fell, and then “Jesus Christ, ow, what the fuck.” as he hit the ground. His compass and map had flown out of his hands next to a tree, but his shotgun had only landed a couple of centimetres away. Picking it, and himself, up, he walked over to the tree to retrieve everything.

The map had impaled itself on a tree branch. There was now a huge hole right in the middle of it.

Glen stared at it for a few moments, before picking up the compass.

“Y’know what? FUCK. THIS!” And Glen launched the compass into the trees.
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG
Her Nonary Game begins here

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice
Past - Only Got Bad Things On My Mind When I'm With You
Home- The Man Who Wrote Thriller

SOTF: U!!!! soulja boy tell 'em
P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades
Memories - cold > sea > love

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

Malachi Harlington - One Room Death Game - 1 Medallion - ALIVE
[+] Remembering those lost
SOTF-TV
PNK3-Glen Bole-SDA-DEAD-28/66-"Ah well. I guess I'll find out at the nex-"
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations
Kills: One (Simon Porter)
Status and Location: Lying dead with a bullet in his head, in Metanoia.
Cause of death: Shot in the head by Vincent Sullivan.

ORA2-Brennan O'Brian-DCHS-DEAD-14/66-I'm sorry...
Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.
Kills: None.
Status and Location: Utterly defeated in Of Moons, Birds and Monsters
Cause of death: Strangled to death by Madelyn Conner

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Current Weapons Equipped: N/A
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)
Killstreak: N/A
Current Level: Final Level-Devil Nights
Killed By: Player F10-Holly Romero

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”
Weapons Discarded: Pick Axe, Bowie Knife (Hurled off of mountain)
Killstreak: One-Player F03-Tania Chell
Current Level: Final Level-The Highest Heights
Killed By: Herself/Fall from mountain

Second Chances
G02-Aileen Borden-DEAD-30/37-How fucking cliche...
Weapons: Hockey Stick
Kills: Zero
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here
Cause of death: Shot by Paige Single.

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”
Weapons: Binoculars, Sledgehammer, Large shard of glass, Beretta M92F
Status and location: Not close enough in The Twilight of our Youth
Cause of death: Shot by Karl Chalmers

The Program v2
M03-Jonathan Roberts-DEAD-19/41-“Hey! Hey, over here!"
Location: Made one too many bad decisions in Virtue's Last Reward
Weapon: Fiddle
Kills: None
Shot by: Anastasia "Tas" Flores

M04-Carlyle Shotton-DEAD-11/41-I... I did alright... didn’t I?
Weapon: Kentucky Rifle, Pitchfork
Kills: 1 (Gwen Phonesavanh)
Shot by: Robin Pounds

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH
Weapon: Jericho 941
Died in pain and fear in Going Forward

SS1-Bunny Barlowe-The Ace Actress-"Regina! Regina, help me!”-HELLA DEAD
Weapon: Razor Sweet Pea Scooter, Frying Pan
Forever famous in Rock the Flock

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Weapon: Kiss of Death
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

G18 - Bunny Barlowe - "And I bet you're a coward, too." - DECEASED
Weapon: Maschinenpistole 40, Kevlar Vest, Harpoon gun
Current Location: We Own The Night

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S
Home - Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
SANDBOX - Floating - Camp - Worse
MEMORIES - 과부
MAIN GAME - > Prism > Fugitive > Time > CocaineQuest > Bear > Me > Paradigm

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

An International Incident
O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
Current Thread: Run From the Sun

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70
Brooke Gaskell/Dustin Priestly/Leona Witsel

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Fiona Cahill - I'm ridiculous, and feeling very particular about my world
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Cameron Light - Come down, and waste away with me, down with me.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Miranda West - And why'd you say it's just another day, nothing in my way?
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

(( Sorry for taking so long, I was overcome with a large wave of apathy and schoolwork. ))

Everything hurt. Everything was hot. Whoever came up with the term rain forest was clearly just pulling a prank on the rest of humanity, because everything was hot, humid, and although it was exactly like how she had read in books, the fact that there was actually no cooling rain kind of just tore away the novelty of actually being in a rain forest. Suzanne felt like she was going to throw up...her head was pounding, her throat was getting sore...all in all, it wasn't a good day and she had only been exploring for what...a few hours?

Her tired legs just gave way after a while and she tumbled to the ground, landing on her knees and hands with a soft thump. 'This is hell...I can't make it, I'm not going to make it.'

Thoughts swam in her head as she tried to regain her breath, dragging her pack over to her and quickly opening the bag to take out a bottle of water. The crack of the plastic cap opening was like music to her ears and she quickly drank, half-wishing the producers had at least shelled out for those things that kept liquids cool. That would have been great. As it was, the somewhat lukewarm water quenched her thirst like good Aquafina water was apt to do and she capped it closed, tucking it on top the clothes that were included in her bag. She didn't take too much time looking at those...she didn't really want to see what kind of fetishwear they had saddled her with.

It was then that she heard a loud scream of "FUCK THIS!" and moments later a compass fell out of the air and dinged her on the head.

"Ow!" Suzanne squeaked as she put a hand to where it had hit her, turning her gaze onto the small plastic thing and picking it up. She guessed it belonged the guy who had cursed earlier...she recognized the voice, but only in that "Oh yeah I heard it around school once in a while" sort of thing. She wondered if she should wait here and see who it belonged to. It was possible the other person was a part of her team...but then if he wasn't.

Well, that would be upsetting, to put it mildly.

She got to her feet, picking up her back and slinging it over her shoulder. Taking a shuddering breath, she started to walk closer towards the source of the curse, making sure to try hiding behind trees if she could like some sort of pathetic, novice ninja of some sort. Eventually though, she caught a glimpse of who it was. And the pink bandanna he wore.

And the shotgun. Definitely the shotgun.

Suzanne froze in place...probably a really dumb move, but here she had basically just walked across someone else who was much, much better armed that she was and was also on a different team. And that guy...Glen. All he had to do was just look at her to see that she was on a different team, she was tired, she was weak, and she was an easy target.

It wasn't an incoming car, but the deer in the headlights analogy felt quite appropriate.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Glen quickly realised that throwing the compass away might not have been a very well thought out idea. Even if the map was practically useless, the compass could have given him some idea of where to go, and where he was for that matter. Stuffing the now crumpled map into his pocket, Glen decided the best course of action would be to retrieve the damned compass. Easier said than done, of course, seeing as the ground was literally covered in leaves, vines and the like. As Glen was about to head off though, he heard a small cry from the direction he’d lobbed the compass, a definitely female cry he thought he recognised. Instantly, the shotgun was raised to Glen’s eye level, pointing directly at the source of the noise. He smiled. At least the fall had only shattered his pride, not his concentration.

He could hear rustling now, and Glen’s face fell slightly. Damn. Bitch could have moved behind me... or behind those trees... Glen had to do something now, or risk another failure and embarrassing fall, like with Bob.

“Alright, game’s up!” he shouted, glancing around and looking at the surroundings to check whether the person had sneaked up on him. Somehow, he managed to miss Suzanne, not quite hidden behind a tree. “I know someone’s there.” With that, Glen pulled the trigger of the shotgun, still aimed at the original source of the noise. Despite only owning it for less than a day, the resounding CRACK and recoil already felt welcoming... comforting even.

“Right. Now, come out from your little hiding place, and no-one gets hurt. Much. Make sure you bring your bag with you.” Glen paused, waiting for Suzanne to move. If he’d thought a little longer, Glen might have worked out how flawed his plan was. The girl could have a gun as well. She might not want to move, bait him to where she was, and then bash him round the head with a log or something.

Unfortunately for him, only one thought was in Glen’s head, which he decided to vocalise.

“Unless you’re dead, in which case, sucks to be you!”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight
F18 - Nanna-Fiora Kroos - SAFE in Vive Hodie - “So let's be happy instead.” - Kel-Tec KSG

Those Taken
M04 - Galahad Matthews - Fireman's Axe, WASP Injection Knife, Netgun - It went from a spark to an open flame, now destiny's calling out your name - ALIVE
Present - And T'Were Well That She Stood > Cake By The Ocean > Now Look At This Net > P - I - P - E - S > If The Nineth Lion Ate The Sun > Out of the Depths of Sorrow and of Sacrifice

P007 - Kay Poultier - XL15 Flamethrower - When all these trees saw us grow, cut our teeth and make our bones right here - ALIVE - [Oceans] > house > Tolerance > world > harbour > tomorrow
The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
A19 - Gabrielle "Gabby" McLeod - Go tell it to the plain clothed officer behind us, what are you, a master of disguise and keeping silent? - ALIVE - EQUIPPED WITH: MAC-10, M1911A1 Water Gun - Lemon Squash > Strawberry House > Uncharitable Circumstances
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV
Weapons: SPAS-12, rather large tree branch, small pair of scissors + double rations

Weapons: Bottle of LSD labeled "Water Purification Tablets", Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum (2/6, 30/36 in Box), SPAS-12 (Currently lying somewhere on the beach.

Virtua-SOTF
M01-Roy Benson-LIVES x00-21/47-No-one else is gonna get hurt... No-one else is gonna die here...
Weapons Discarded: American Flatbow + 10 arrows (Given to Martin Ricco), 2 arrows, Rolling Pin (Burnt in fire started by Delilah Rivers)

F08-Amelia Lennon-LIVES x00-9/47-"Katie, Rebecca? … Thank you. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. You deserve to get out of here more than me.”

Second Chances
Status and location: Staying snarky to the end in Thin Line Between Heaven and Here

B01-Glen Bole-DEAD-4/37-“You’re a fucking coward who thinks he’s the big man, now he’s got a gun. You don’t deserve shit.”

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS
IS3-Lucia del Pirlo-The Paranoid Painter-“I-I didn’t want to do it! I had to! Just... Please, you have to believe me!”-FOR LEAH

Second Chances V2
B07 - Roy D. Benson - “"I'll save a glass of Moxie for you, whenever we meet again."” - DECEASED
Current Location: Did you really think I'd fall to my knees just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Program Prologue
F16 - Faye Xandora - Deceased in Quietus - “I can do that. Watch your back, I mean. I think I might go insane if I’m left by myself.” - Pistol Crossbow
M39 - Morgan Jones - Deceased in Clean Up - “Oh, sweet Jesus, thank fuck you’re still here, I was getting worried for a-“ - Plush 'Hulk Smash' Hands
NPC-M16 - Scott Osbourne - Deceased in Rhizome 9 - "Sorry Mom, sorry Dad." - Caltrops (x5)
NPC-M21 - Joel "JB" Blackwell - Deceased in CQD Ward - "...!" - Yarará Parachute Knife
NPC-F29 - Victoria Bellamy - Deceased in Strange Bedfellows -“And there’s no future at all in a traitor who’ll never become anything more than a penniless skank in the gutter.” - Italian Folding Spetum

The Program V3
F08 - Kat Locke-Baldwin - Bubble gun painted to look like a real gun, Swordcane - Just take a look at my place, it's such a mess, but I'll be out of this space as soon as you tell me where the night is - DEAD
Present - And All Because Of A Snail > When A Curious Hate Oozes Calamity > Schrödinger's Kat in; The Prisonya's Dilemma > What if You... Wanted to go to Heaven... But god said, "ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪɴ ʙᴀɢɢɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴇᴀ" > P - I - P - E - S

Live on your TV now!
JL10: Laura Hakštok - Dead - Weapons: Tannerite Binary Explosive - I got left behind, I got high off my own supply, I got left behind, deep wounds can't die
MEMORIES - 과부

SB04: Bethan Gayle -Dead- Weapons: Pike (Polearm) - When everything is said and done, looking for answers if only one, turn my back the urge has gone, left with no reason we come undone
SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다
MAIN GAME - Blast > Turtle > Excellent > Fix > Someone > Talk > Fight > Shake > Heroes

O12: Matthew Omeruo - DECEASED - Trishula - With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite, how rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

Super Dupers
S002: Mercedes Guenther - DECEASED - Which one of us set on fire? Cause we both went up in smoke. Which one of us cut the wire? Ain't no bottom to this hole. - Your Actions Have Consequences
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
B3: Tatsumichi Oki - Smith & Wesson M59 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol - DECEASED - When the seagulls follow the trawler - “You an’ me, we can do this. Whenever you’re ready.”
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
Blythe Gaskell - Ever feel like you can't breathe? Does the water feel too deep? Lie awake cause you can't sleep without it?
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Verity Callaghan - We're living in the currents you create, we're sinking in the pool of your mistakes.
Reynold "Rey" Fountain - When all that you have's stale and it's cold, oh, you'll no longer feel when your heart's turned to gold.
Quinn Dallaway - I am flesh and I am bone, rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold.
Josie Josephs - You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze
Marcia Wolff

???
Dashiell Thompson - And now I'll never have a chance to be myself, so you can skip me with your heart again
Lazarus McLeod - Instead of carving up the wall, why don't you open up with talk?
Diana Mascherano - From stern to bow, singing land ho, the boat is leaking but we won't let go.
Jermaine Urwick - Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy, we'll all float on all right.
Maya Dagenham - She hates it when I shout these words, but I'll still sing for you.
Ivor Faraday - Swung and missed, I put my heart in this mythical holy good guy I want so bad to be.
Winter Juson - And you know you're a terrible sight, but you'll be just fine, just don't believe the hype.
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

Suzanne shrieked in fear as she heard the loud crack of the shotgun echo from in front of her. She braced herself for the searing pain and death that was sure to follow...only to blink a few times to realize that somehow, someway, Glen had missed. That was good. That was great. She was alive...even if it would be life for what would amount to probably a few more minutes. She had no desire to hear that sound again and as Glen shouted out his threat, Suzanne couldn't help but gulp and grip the tree she was hiding behind even harder. 'Oh god, oh god, I'm going to die, he's going to kill me. This is Survival of the Fittest, he has a gun, he wants my bag, he's going to shoot me. He's not on my team and I know we went to the same school but oh god that's not going to matter and he's going to...I don't know what he's going to do! He's going to steal my things and then leave me here to die or maybe he's going to laugh and give a huge speech to me before shooting me in the face and I'm going to die on this show and people are going to laugh and say 'That Lanford girl sure was a dumbass bitch!''

She bit her lower lip, trembling as she considered her options. One was to turn away and run...probably the most appealing of the choices, but she wasn't a fast runner and she'd make so much noise running through the forest that he could easily just catch up to her and shoot her himself. Another one was to pretend she was dead, do absolutely nothing, and hope Glen didn't give a damn anymore and didn't go searching for her body to find out that she was very much alive. The final one was to speak up, hope he didn't just shoot her in the face and steal all her gear, and then...well, she didn't really know what would happen next.

The success of the first plan hinged solely on Glen being so lazy he didn't want to grab a free kill right off the bat...which knowing him, wouldn't happen at all. The second was...well, Suzanne was never an actor, she'd never be an actor, and chances are that if Glen wanted to look, she would see a crying, shivering ball of Suzanne. And the third...well, that option kind of sucked too.

She was dead. The realization caused her heart to sink a couple of notches in her chest. She should have just ran when the compass hit her on the head. Should have just bolted. But she took a chance and it turned out to be a really horrible idea. She took in a deep breath, thinking of her parents. She wondered what they were doing. They had fought so hard to keep her alive...had poured their time, effort, and money into the endeavor and here she was. She had wanted to pay them back so much...

Well...the least she could do was make it hard for him to actually shoot her.

"N...No!" She shouted from behind her tree, still shaking in fear. "I'm...I'm not going out there so you can do whatever you want to me! I've...I've got a weapon so if...if you even try to kill me, I'll get you first!" She quickly dropped her bag to the ground and unzipped it, her fingers nervously rummaging around until she pulled out her flashlight. The metal felt cool...reassuring to her hand. It was a shitty weapon, but it was possible that it could hurt if she swung it at his head hard enough.

She was back to her feet in an instant. "So...so! Let's um...look, I have your compass! I think! It hit me in the head. So um...if I just....toss that over there, let's um...call this a truce, okay? You um...go your way, I'll go mine, and I won't have to kill you, okay? Cause...Cause I will! You scared me and...and if you keep doing that, then I'm really just going to do something the both of us are going to regret!"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

For a few moments, there was nothing but the sounds of the rainforest, sounding faint and distant. Mostly birds, but also the rustling of leaves. Glen swore he heard a monkey as well.

Damn, this place sucks. Too freaking hot, too many trees. If there‘s no building of any sort, I might just fucking scream. Yeah, get me some building and a can of spray paint, and I’m all set. Apart from the whole “kill ten people” thing.

Wait, Jesus Christ Glen, priorities! Concentrate on the girl, and you can deal with your lesser problems later. But goddamn it is she taking her bloody time...

Glen was sorely tempted to go over there and check whether the girl was dead, but he was still paranoid that she’d crept round behind him somehow, so he stayed where he was, looking over his shoulder every couple of seconds. Finally, she spoke up, sounding scared as hell, but irritatingly defiant. Glen really hadn’t prepared for a situation like this. He’d expected her to have run off at the site of a FUCKING SHOTGUN, like any sane person would have, but it seemed as if this girl was-wait. Wait, hold on, backtrack. She... has a weapon? Shit. SHIT.

These simple words threw Glen’s plan into disarray, and himself into panic mode. She has a FUCKING GUN. She’s going to FUCKING SHOOT ME. Oh god, why couldn’t I have hit her, for fuck’s sake?! Once again, Glen knew he had to do something, unless he wanted to look like an idiot again. Running, as delightful as it sounded, was out of the question. Glen still wanted to keep his dignity, and running from a fear-stricken girl would be worse than falling down the ski slope. Trying to keep the panic out of his voice, but failing miserably, he called out again to Suzanne.

“O-okay, yeah, well, you might have a weapon, but you sure as hell don’t sound l-like you’re gonna use it!” Glen’s speech boosted his morale a bit, but he was still pretty damn terrified, and he was unwilling to fire at Suzanne again, in case she did return fire. He could use the shotgun as a club, but it had already taken a fair bit of damage, and he didn’t want to permanently break it. Hurriedly looking around, Glen spotted a solid looking branch on a nearby tree.  A few hardy pulls, and it managed to break away from the trunk. With the makeshift club in one hand, and the shotgun in the other, Glen’s fear slowly started creeping away.

“Now, I just wanted your map, and a couple of your supplies, and hey, if you’d said no, I’d have let you roam free. Agreed to that little “truce” idea of yours. But that weapon of yours sounds really damn inviting.” he shouted, inching slowly closer to where he guessed Suzanne was. “So you’d better just give up, unless you want a tree branch in your face.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

He wasn't leaving. He wasn't leaving, he wasn't leaving, he wasn't leaving. That was wrong. That was very wrong. Suzanne just wanted him to go away. Just disappear. Her heart was pounding painfully in her chest as she heard Glen come closer and closer to her position and she clutched her flashlight to her chest. It was her only hope, her only chance to somehow get out of this without getting pummeled and dying. 'Please, just leave, Glen. I'm no one important, I'm no one special, I don't even have a real weapon I just have a pair of walkie-talkies that aren't even useful. I'm using a dumb flashlight and hoping that somehow that will stop you even though I'm weak and now you have a tree branch and you're going to beat my brains out.'

She swallowed, wondering when Glen was going to suddenly pop his face into view. She hoped he didn't do some sort of cheesy "GOT YA NOW!" evil laugh because there was no way that wouldn't make the highlight reels on the internet and the last thing she wanted was the scene of her eventual death to be looped millions of times around the world. 'Oh god, why can't someone come rescue me now? Dammit, why couldn't a rescue have been scripted in this instead of just making it full reality TV? I mean, wrestling has scripted stories all the time so why can't the producers have just written out some sort of dramatic rescue for me?'

It was selfish and irrational, but at that moment in time Suzanne really had nothing left to her. Despair and fear were clawing at her and her flashlight shook uncontrollably in her hands. "A-Ahhhh! P-Please, Glen, just...just go away! I'll...I s-said I'll give you back your compass already so why can't you just be happy with that, h-huh? Stop...stop being such a dumb bully! I b-bet that everyone watching r-right now is probably calling you a g-goon and making 'Glen Sucks!' blogs!"

She realized that it was a bad idea to goad him on the moment the words left her mouth. She was frightened and she needed to bleed the tension out somehow...unfortunately, her method of bleeding out the tension was probably not the smartest thing she could have done. Chances are now he was really going to be pissed now.

"C-Come on...just...j-just come. T-The moment you show your face...I'm...I'm going to blow it away! I don't care how scared I am or how...how dangerous you are! I'm k-kind of freaking out now so don't...don't think I won't use my gun to kill you! D...Don't underestimate people who are scared! If...if you push us enough, we're really going to just...s-strike back, okay?!"
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Glen didn’t realise it, but he was in a prime position to get his first kill on the island. He had a huge-ass shotgun and a huge-ass tree branch, and while he was still nervous, it was nothing compared to Suzanne, who didn’t even have a proper weapon.

Glen, of course, did not know all this. He was still paranoid that Suzanne was faking everything, and was going to shoot him in the face as soon as he saw her. Added to that, Glen was hot, tired, pissed off, and likely to make stupid decisions.

So, when Suzanne started taunting him, rather than ignoring it like a sensible person, or thinking of a witty comeback like he’d do back at school, Glen’s temper flared to new heights. He fired, twice, in Suzanne’s direction. The first was completely off target, the second less wild, but still nowhere near Suzanne.

“Hey, fuck you, you stupid bitch!” Glen was shouting, even though he could almost touch Suzanne with the tree branch. “If anyone’s having shitty ass blogs made about them, it’s gonna be you!”

With that, Glen burst through the trees in front of Suzanne. He knew he’d recognized her voice. Suzanne Lanford. Small, weak, not a threat in the slightest. And Glen had been terrified of her. Even if she did have a gun, which Glen doubted, she’d likely break her wrist simply firing it. Glen knew that he should be pleased with this turn of developments, but he wasn’t. He was livid, and that was an understatement. He could have, at any time, walked right up to her, and demanded her stuff. Glen flipped the shotgun up to point at Suzanne, and raised the branch, before speaking in what was almost a snarl.

“Alright. Now, I’m really fucking pissed. Could have taken that compass at any time, couldn’t I? Well, you’re gonna give it to me. Now. As well as your map, and your rations. And, although I doubt you were telling the truth about it, that weapon of yours, if it exists.” Despite how angry he felt, Glen still managed to force out a smirk. “That’s an order, by the way. There’s one bullet left in here at the mo’, and if I don’t get what I want, I’m gonna use it on you.”
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Namira

Post by Namira »

A voice echoes from Glen's collar...

"I uh... I think you need to calm down a bit Glen. Like... uh, take it a little easier, you know? Um... Good luck!"
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

(Wow I am so late with this and I am so sorry, but finals are coming up and I've been rather unmotivated in general so! I guess that's just how things happened :V)

This was it. She was dead. She was well and truly...just...going to die. She had pissed Glen off and now he was pointing a shotgun in her face and she was still sweating and freaking out and she was pretty certain she had just wet herself but she wasn't sure because she didn't want to check and she just so goddamn sweaty from this whole forest that her whole body felt like it was being sprayed by a warm water hose. Her flashlight and her dumb threads hadn't proved useful at all and even now in the face of a shotgun, she could only hold the thing up to her chest and wish and wonder and whine about how why she didn't get an actual weapon in this game.

She desperately hoped that her parents weren't watching, but she knew they were. Would they be disappointed? She hoped not. But imagine what their co-workers would say. She had acted like an idiot in the game and now she was going to be one of the first ones out because she was an incompetent, weak little girl who couldn't even survive without having to hold onto someone else's hand. And it was that thought that got her angry. She didn't care if people insulted her. It was probably true. She was weak. She was a coward. There was no point in her being in this game except to be cannon fodder.

But her parents. The thought of anyone insulting her parents because of her was infuriating for her. They were the greatest parents anyone could ask for. They had fought to keep her alive, had fought to keep her healthy, and didn't think any less of Suzanne for putting them through the trouble. They loved their daughter, they wanted to keep her happy and healthy and for Suzanne, that was the greatest thing they could ever have done. And she knew that the moment she died...how she died would be more than enough ammo for everyone in the world to target them.

And it made her upset. She'd die...she knew it. Whether it was from lack of food, lack of water, disease, or even a simple shotgun shell to the face, she wasn't going to make it. But...but she'd definitely try to make her parents proud of what she could do.

Suzanne opened her mouth to try to say something, but only a squeak came out. She licked her lips nervously and looked down at her duffel bag, nudging it with her toe. Her voice was shaky...steadier than before, but still shaky. "It's...my stuff's in there, Glen. Go...Go ahead. Take it. It's...it's not like you've done anything else in your life. I hope that...that someone else...manages to get you to shit your pants, G-Glen...because I'll be watching you...and I'll laugh when I see that happen."
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

((No problem))

Would she do it? Would Suzanne give Glen the bag like he so kindly asked, or would she, in some retarded “stand of defiance”, refuse, and get shot in the head? The longer it took for her to answer, the quicker Glen’s anger drained away. He really, really needed to stop getting so angry and rash. One stupid, hot-headed decision and boom. Game over.

Finally, Suzanne opened her mouth, although only a squeak came out, which Glen cruelly laughed at. She nudged the bag slightly with her foot, which Glen took as a sign he could take what he wanted. Grinning, he knelt down to open the bag, placing the shotgun next to him. “Good choice.” he said, rummaging through the bag, looking to see if there was anything useful in it. Suzanne was talking as he did so, but Glen wasn’t really listening. He heard her say “It’s not like you’ve done anything else in your life” though, and that was enough for him to place his hand on the gun in warning.

A quick inspection showed that the contents of Suzanne’s bag were virtually identical to Glen’s, with the clothes being the only major difference. Glen doubted they’d fit him, so he left them in the bag. Taking the rations was a no-brainer, as was taking the map and compass, but Glen wasn’t sure whether to take the first-aid kit or not. After deliberating for a while, he decided that his own was enough, so he left that in Suzanne’s bag. He took the condom, though. He doubted she would need it. Finally, Glen came to Suzanne’s weapon. The walkie-talkies. Glen couldn’t help but laugh at that. “Oh, you are so dead” he said quietly, putting them in his bag.

His pack slightly heavier, Glen started to stand up, grabbing his shotgun and tree branch, when he heard a new voice, slightly timid, and very close by. Startled, he whirled round looking for the new person, shouting “GODWHATWHOTHEFUCK’STHERE”, before he realised it was his collar. So, this is our team’s mentor, eh? He... might just have a point.

Of course, Suzanne didn’t know he agreed with Mr. Mentor Guy. This provided an opportunity to get one up on Suzanne before he left. “Well, fuck that.” Glen said, before turning to face Suzanne again, shotgun pointed at her. “Did you really think I was gonna let you go? Really” he sneered, as his finger curled round the trigger.

A second passed.

And then Glen lowered the gun, laughing at Suzanne, before turning to walk in the opposite direction from her. “You’re gonna die pretty soon, I reckon! Don’t want to waste bullets on a dead girl walking!”

And with that, Glen walked into the rainforest.

((Glen Bole continued in Finders Keepers))
[+] Currently Playing
Programmed To Fight

Those Taken

The Ship - Shades

A CYBER'S WORLD?
Pregame - Nagito Komaeda

SOTF-TV

Virtua-SOTF

Second Chances

The Program v2

TV 2 LADS

Second Chances V2

Program Prologue

The Program V3

Live on your TV now!
MEMORIES - 과부

SANDBOX - 제 눈에 안경이다

Super Dupers
Memories - GROUNDED

Battle Royale... 2!!!
[+] The Future Past
TV Season 68
TV Season 69
Cormac Gamble
TV Season 70

TV
Marcia Wolff

???
Raleigh Quinn
Percy Tsu
Tythanin*

Post by Tythanin* »

(OOC: Ahahaaha oh man I am like the slowest ever. It's time for an awful post.)

It was over. Suzanne felt her legs wobble from under her and she collapsed,  the flashlight tumbling from limp hands to land with a soft thud on the ground. She was alive...Glen decided not to blow her brains out. That was good, in a way. On the other hand, he had stolen her rations and...pretty much anything that had mattered beyond her first aid kit. That was awful...horribly awful. She had barely even eaten from them either...she sighed and rubbed at her eyes.

'Why...why...I didn't want this to happen at all...' Suzanne thought to herself as she zipped up her lighter pack. She grabbed her flashlight as well and got back to her feet, taking a short breath. Well...her time was up. There wasn't much left to her besides just...walking and hopefully finding someone from her team.

Suzanne wiped the tears out of her eyes. Her heart was still pounding, but at least it was something.

This whole thing sucked.

(Suzanne Lanford continued in It Isn't Too Hard to Die.)

Return to “The Rain Forest”