Know Your Enemy

open

Located to one side of the temple is a plot of land that features an array of overgrown potted plants, small sculptures and other markers all spread out and placed in different areas. There are also some personal possessions placed around these objects. While clearly a memorial of some kind, there are no graves present here and no details that could reveal who each marker is for. Unlike the rest of the upper level of the island, which has become overrun by devil’s ivy, the memorial garden has remarkably remained unaffected.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia’s face immediately twisted into a look of concern when Theo reported Declyn’s condition. Sick? How sick? What kind of sick? He didn’t drink the water, so he should be fine, right? She pulled at the hem of her skirt in frustration and panic. What would they do if Declyn needed a doctor? She didn’t think there were any doctors around here. She didn’t know what to do. She stood there like a deer in the headlights, staring at Theo with wide eyes, unsure what step to take next. Jonathan moved past them and over to where Declyn had disappeared off to. She heard a rumble in the distance, and looked up at the sky, the dark rain clouds moving ever closer, threatening to cover the island at any moment.

Using both her hands, Amelia slapped her cheeks, forcing herself to wake up and move. If her friend was sick, it was her job to make sure he was okay. She had to be a big girl and make decisions for herself. She rushed over to join the others at Declyn’s side, and fell to her knees beside him. He wasn’t answering anyone, and there was a pile of vomit nearby. He was breathing, at least. She felt her eyes swell with tears as she moved herself closer and cradled his head onto her lap to try and give him some sort of comfort.

“Declyn, we have to go… It’s gonna rain. Declyn…?” She shook him lightly as she spoke, but there didn’t seem to be any kind of response. He was out cold.

This was very not good. What should she do? What would Dolly do?

“Can someone carry him? We have to move him.” She looked up at the boys with desperation on her face.

“I-I can’t lift him, but I can carry the bags.” She pleaded.

She didn’t like this. She didn’t like not knowing what to do. She didn’t like being afraid for her friends. She just wanted to go home. To go exploring the caves in the park with Declyn again. To summon spirits on the jungle gym with Dolly and Violet. To eat lunch with Artem, and watch Marceline make a scene. To doodle in her book and read her friends fortunes and all the other things she was starting to feel like she took for granted.

She didn’t want to be here, but she was, and that meant she had to help take care of the people she loved.

She brushed her hand over Declyn’s forehead to get the hair out of his eyes. He looked peaceful, if a bit paler than usual. She felt the tears begin to stream down her face as she smiled down at him.

“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of you.” She whispered.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Darkness. It turned into his candle, embracing him with a faint warmth that pulled him in. Once you found comfort in it, danger was imminent.

The voices around him were nothing but a mere soft whisper.

Time was nothing.

Grey. The overcast sky seemed closer than usual, packed tight with clouds. There wasn’t just an ocean around them, but above as well. Gradually, the drops had grown bigger and heavier until they turned into an interminable beat filled with the language of the garden.

They had found shelter next to a big statue and dense branches and wood that protected them from the rain, keeping them dry for the most part. It sheltered him from all but the splashes of the drops that hit the ground. Their spray touched him with a pleasant chill. As pleasant as Declyn found the smell and noise to be, it hadn’t cancelled out the daily wake up call emitting from the speakers.

Time was still nothing.

Physically, Declyn was feeling much better after a day and night of sleep. He was wearing Theo’s shirt with the short sleeves rolled up and his wet hair smelled of the soap from the first aid kit. He kept recalling the names from the announcement and stood up carefully, almost dropping Jonathan’s jacket that he had found over him after he had woken up. He had kept it on his lap and held it, then put it down gently before sucking in a deep breath, his eyes hooded. He knew Lorenzo had always been a fighter. He knew. So hearing his name, it shouldn’t have been as big of a surprise to him. Because he knew, and no matter what, he imagined having blood on your hands was a different kind of pain. And there was Quinn again. And Nick.

He understood.

“Should I be happy to be back in purgatory?” He asked no one in particular while looking down at a muddy patch of grass. He reached his foot out and stepped on it. “I can’t….” He shook his head. “I can’t sit here any longer. I feel like I’m going insane. I feel like…..” His shoulders dropped as he trailed off.

"Something needs to happen and it's not going to by waiting here."
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

((Hey, guys! I'm Jonathan's handler now! I'm posting to exit, avoid activity problems and to keep the pace going))

The day had went on without anything happening. Jonathan didn't really notice that he was getting more impatient as he was tapping his foot on the ground after the announcements early and he wondered if he could really do anything about the killers that had been causing more deaths. Everything was so much worse and he needed to do something about them. Would talking to murderers really stop them from doing what they wanted? How many were self-defence for those people? How many deaths were done intentionally? How long was he going to survive until he snapped and killed someone? Death was inescapable here and he knew that well. However, he still had to try and do something about it. He couldn't keep sitting on his butt all day again as it was making him feel a bit frustrated and he didn't want to be one of those forgettable people who did nothing and then just died for nothing.

Jonathan heard Declyn's voice then and he found himself looking over at Declyn with a flicker of curiosity in his eyes. It seemed like Declyn was somewhat having the same thought process as he did and he felt relieved to not being the only one with those thoughts. He pushed himself up to his feet swiftly and he made his way over to where Declyn was, leaning over him to pick up his jacket. He never knew why he had put his jacket over Declyn the other day. Was it because he had felt a bit bad about what happened? Maybe. He put on his jacket and then he stared out to where it was pouring down with rain. They really needed to find somewhere better than this and then Jonathan could sneak away when they were asleep in the night. He couldn't stay with them. He needed to do things alone and he didn't want to burden them with his presence.

"Yeah.... We need to move." That was all that could come out of his mouth in that moment and he glanced back at the others briefly before gazing back at the rain. "Let's go."

He took a step out into the rain.

((Jonathan Meyers continued in You Don't Know Me))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Jan de Witt

Post by Jan de Witt »

The storm was surprisingly persistent, and he quietly remarked as much to no-one in particular, having spent most of the past day simply staring into the sheets of rain as the storm continued to rage. Theo was sitting by Declyn's side when the announcement finally came, and aside from the surprising news that Nona had both apparently killed someone and undergone a name change. He idly wondered whether it would be appropriate to directly inquire as to the proper form of address for their new persona. In the current situation, he supposed, the best approach would be to simply avoid all contact with them. The absurdity of politely introducing oneself to a known murderer kept him amused as the day wore on.

When Declyn finally spoke, he nodded sympathetically in Declyn's general direction. "Well, at least you're still alive and well, right?" He squeezed Declyn's hand in reassurance. "All in all, I think our situation could be worse."

Theo responded to Declyn's suggestion skeptically. He recognized the restlessness that lay behind it, but Theo was wary of venturing out in the rain so quickly after his recovery. "We can leave now if we want, but are you sure you want to start moving so soon? What if this happens to you again?" He looked towards the others, but Jonathan was already leaving. Surprised by his sudden departure, Theo gestured towards Amelia and Declyn, beckoning them to get up and follow, then hurried to catch up.

(Theophilus "Theo" Walterson continued in Everlasting)
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

The rain came, just as she suspected.

Amelia sat by Declyn’s side through the night until he awoke. The others got some rest, and she lied and said she’d done the same. She knew that telling lies was bad, but she just didn’t want anyone to worry over her. She would sleep eventually, but for now… For now Declyn needed her. That was more important to her than trying to get any semblance of sleep. The four of them stayed there, even after Declyn eventually awoke. Amelia had been so happy she almost jumped on him again. He’d slept for so long she thought she would go mad waiting for him to get up. Luckily he seemed no worse for wear.

Then the voice from above came once again, and Amelia felt her heart drop as she listened to it’s words.

More dead people. She didn’t understand why. She recognized some names. Mikki Swift was someone she knew of. Phillip was the clown gang guy. She remembered him. Sapphire… Sapphire was her friend. They would draw together sometimes. They would laugh together often. Amelia always loved her pretty red hair. And now she was dead? That didn’t make any sense. People don’t just die like that. Not in the world she was used to. Cammy was gone, and Ron, and Desiree… Jeremiah was gone too. Amelia grew to like him over time. She used to think he was an alien, and followed him around all the time until he caught her one day. They somehow became friends. She would miss him. So tall. So blue. So nice. How could someone like him be gone so fast?

And then it was done. The voice vanished, and they were left with nothing but the sound of the rain falling.

Amelia didn’t speak for a long time. She sat huddled in a corner, staring out at the rain. For hours they did this, just sat and sat and waited. Time passed slowly. The rain didn’t let up at all. After a while Declyn said something, but Amelia wasn’t really paying attention. She turned, and saw Jonathan start to walk off. Were they leaving now? Theo seemed to think so, and motioned for them to follow. Amelia turned to look at Declyn. She would follow if he did. Where else did she have to go?

“C’mon, I’ll walk with you.” She stood and picked up her things. She checked to make sure the gun was in place on her waist, and held a hand out to Declyn. She smiled as best she could.

“Let’s play in the rain. It’ll be fun.”

[Amelia Fischer Continued In Eclipse]
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

“As a fellow rain enthusiast, I can’t say no to that.”

Declyn’s hand quickly found its place in Amelia’s, and he clasped it with both of his, pulling it close to his chest for a moment, then his lips, planting a soft kiss against it as they followed the others.

It felt good to have more people who cared about you around, though Jonathan was still more or less a question mark to him. Would he want to stick around with them for a longer period of time?

When he looked down, Declyn wished his wet socks were the only problem he would have to deal with later.

[Declyn Grayson-Anthis continued in You Don't Know Me]
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr

Return to “The Memorial Garden”