God Bless America [Island Remix ft. DJ TAIPAN]

open

When the community first arrived on the island the location of housing would be the first major decision they undertook. The second would be to deciding how to farm the land. After much deliberation, the community's leaders decided that the land would be perfect for paddy fields. After building a path to lead further up the island, the community set to work. Originally farmed by the residents of the village to provide food for the community, the paddy fields have since fallen into disuse leaving them as nothing more than large patches of flooded terraces. If one were to explore the area, they might occasionally stumble upon large bones and the rare skull stuck in the mud, revealing the fates of the horses which were formerly housed on the island.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

That went easier than expected.

Bree tried not to look at Abel, and instead looked forward towards the shore. A few times her foot went into a deeper pit of mud, causing her to flinch as more dirt entered her sandals. Yeah, she needed to change shoes ASAP.

Thoughts about minor stuff kept the thoughts about big stuff away.

Finally, they stopped. Abel was now on drier land, and Bree let go, holding herself. She was shivering. Her legs and feet were still wet and covered in mud, so maybe that was why. Maybe.

“Right,” she said, mostly to herself. “We could probably clean him up a bit more, and then…”

Then?

“Find a place to bury him.”

Focus on the task at hand. Think about the big emotional stuff later. You can do it.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

“Please don’t remind me of the horse bones.” Jackson whined to Julien as the group set about beginning to get Abel’s body out of the mud.

Before he knew it, they completed the task. All of them were back on dry land, and what remained of Abel was down on solid ground. Jackson’s eyes lingered on the dead boy’s face again for a bit. It felt like this was all a dream. Fuck, a goddamn nightmare more like it. None of this was real, and he’d wake up any moment still safe back in DC. He knew the truth, but he still felt so numb; like he was having an out of body experience.

He never thought this would be something he’d have to do. Pick the dead body of a classmate out of the mud on an island where he knew he was going to die too. Shit, why would he ever think this was going to be a moment in his life? He wondered briefly if their families were already watching. Could his mom and dad see him right now? Fuck. He honestly hoped they never saw. It wasn’t worth it. His dad, as sick as he was… he wouldn’t be able to handle this. Not now. And his mom… She was tough, but this would destroy her.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

He looked at Abel again and had an even worse thought. Had Abel’s parents already seen? Did they know their son was already gone? Did they know who killed him? Who the student who ended his life was? What they looked like? No parent should ever have to witness such a terrible thing. He hoped they could find peace, at least, that Abel didn’t have to suffer alongside them in this hell for very long. It made him sick that that was honestly almost a gift. This island would soon be a graveyard, and Abel was just the first stone set.

Bree made mention of burying Abel’s body, and Jackson felt himself stiffen. Sure, that sounded good and all, but what was the point? That would take them forever, and they weren’t exactly in the safest of places. And what the fuck were they supposed to dig it with? Did she have a shovel up her ass that he wasn’t aware of?

No… that was unfair. She was just trying to do what made sense in the real world. He couldn’t get mad at her for that.

He took a deep breath to try and calm his nerves. He needed to keep himself in check. This wasn't the time to be losing his cool. The day had just begun, and he didn't know how long he would be stuck here before everything was over.

“I…” He started shakily.

“I don’t think that’s the best idea.” He was sure he was going to get an earful for that, but he felt what he felt, and he wanted them to understand.

“Who knows how long something like that would take. We don’t have the tools to dig a grave. As fucked up as it is, we shouldn't risk keeping ourselves out in the open like this for that long.” He turned to look at the group.

“Someone killed Abel, and that means other people are going to be out for blood too. People who could have guns. We need to get somewhere safer.”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Endellion

Post by Endellion »

"I have to second what he's saying. The only thing around here to dig with would be our hands. That would take all four of us all day, and none of us would be in the shape to use them for much of anything for days after."

Julien looked around, and noted that he was standing next to Jackson. He couldn't even be sure if he'd moved there subconsciously or not, but it was certainly fitting for the argument this was likely to become. The rice fields around them were fairly open as well, which wasn't all that good as it might seem; if they could see someone, then it went both ways. And reason had never been a thing in high supply for their class.

"Besides, if someone shows up like this, all they're liable to see is a bunch of kids trying to figure out what to do with someone they killed." He wiped his mud-covered hands off on his jeans. They'd gotten dirty enough already, after all, and it would only get worse and worse in the time to come.

"This place is already doing things to people. Abel's dead, I, ah..." Julien kept his eyes squarely on Mikki, because she was the one most affected by this all, and most important to try and convince. "I beat the shit out of Ivy hard enough to break bones because she said the wrong thing at the wrong time, and fuck knows what else has happened already. So if someone shows up with a good rifle and sees him, I hope the two of you can run in those shoes. Staying here would just be asking to end up the same way."

There was a point to focus on something, and a point to realise when you had done all that you really could and leave it be. It tore at a piece of him deep inside to advocate for leaving someone else behind like that, but it was the only thing he could see to be done.

She could hate him for saying it if she wanted; Bree too, for that matter. He hoped for it, even.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

When the others began talking, Mikki still didn't meet their eyes. She was still looking at Abel's feet, because she didn't want to look at her friend's face yet she couldn't bring herself to look at the other people's faces either. She'd had enough time to grieve, and the body had been moved. She still wasn't over everything that had just happened, and to be frank she was probably never going to be over it for however long her days were on this island, but she wasn't crying anymore, and that was a start.

Abel probably wouldn't want her to cry over this anyway.

Her attention only returned to the people at hand when she heard what Julien began to say. She was ready to mouth off to them about how they were being fucking assholes about what was going on with them, especially to Julien but especially to Jackson, but then Julien just had to go and admit to beating the shit out of Ivy Langley. Half things considered, if someone had admitted that at any other place, she'd probably have bought them a gift basket (although only if it was a girl - guys shouldn't beat up girls, no matter what), but there was another half of things to be considered here, like oh I don't know the fact that the first thing this fucker does when he finds out there's no rules is beat the shit out another angry alcoholic midget.

When his confession appeared, Mikki finally turned her gaze from the shoes to Julien's face. He was looking straight at her when he said it, she realized. She couldn't figure out why. Frankly, she didn't want to know. The whole thing just felt wrong, like she was trapped in a cycle of things everyone went through, like sooner or later they'd end up just like everybody else.

But Mikki didn't want to end up like everybody else. She didn't want to stand around making grand poetic statements about what it all meant, she didn't want to find a camera and cry into it like that, she didn't want to pick from the book of stock phrases everyone seemed to know by heart now that this had been going on since she was five years old, like "playing" or "player hunting" or anything like that. It was brave to pretend she knew what she was going to do, like she had some kind of purpose here that needed fulfilling, but she didn't feel any of that. She didn't feel brave.

So when Julien finished what he was saying, she let the words hang in the air for a little bit, without breaking eye contact. Then, without warning, she spoke.

"So what the fuck am I supposed to say to that?"

Mikki didn't feel like she was being clear, so she looked back down at Abel and back up to the man who beat up Ivy Langley.

"Like, yeah, sure, it's whatever. I know we can't bury my friend, because then, well, shit, we'd have to bury everyone then. Like, I'm not gonna make you all stay here out in the open and dig a fucking grave, 'cause I'd just be making you do it, and...fuck, you know how many fucking kids there are here who wouldn't have any friends who'd want to bury them if they died? Even Wyatt has someone who'd bury him and all those kids wouldn't, how fucked up is that?"

The point had been left somewhere in the mud, so she picked it up again.

"And like, I don't know what the point in you telling us you beat down Ivy was. Like, you want us to go with you and help her out now? Or did you just want to feel better? Like, I know I'm probably being a big pussy by not being over this already but like, my friend just died, dude. Dump your conscience on someone else. I can't deal with your shit on top of mine."
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

I’m sorry, Julien, can you say that again, the part where you beat Ivy so hard to break bone?

Bree pinched the bridge of her nose, tightly closing her eyes for a moment. She was going to tell them that, since they went to all the trouble of getting Abel out of the water, wouldn’t it make sense to at least cover him up, or take him to sea, or just not… leave him lying around for everyone to see? But then Julien’s bit took her off guard.

Yeah. She was right. People were being idiots.

Bree and Ivy weren’t exactly BFFs. Don’t get her wrong, they didn’t have beef and Bree was actually cool with her, but, well, Ivy lived in one world and Bree in another. Life must be interesting when you could probably pay off all of her future student loans ten times over and it’d only be the financial equivalent of a pinprick. Not to mention it seemed like she always had something going on. But that said, the fact that he just admitted to beating her?

“Like… what are we supposed to tell you? I’m sorry that you beat the shit out of Ivy, gosh it sucks for you?”

She continued rubbing her face. A sigh.

“Wouldn’t it make sense to at least cover Abel up or move him somewhere where he can’t be messed with?”
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

For a moment, Jackson felt a wave of relief wash over him as Julien agreed with him and stood alongside him both metaphorically and physically. It the murky water of the rice paddy, he’d forgotten for a moment how tall Julien was, and felt a small pang of jealousy as he looked up at the other teen while he spoke his mind. Julien gave off much more of a commanding presence than Jackson could ever, and he wondered briefly how different their lives must be. Julien was tall, and he had an almost pretty face. He dressed well and wasn’t afraid to speak his mind. It must be nice, Jackson lamented.

But the minute Julien told them what he’d done, that perfect picture of the other boy shattered in his mind, and Jackson was left aghast and disturbed.

He beat Ivy? A girl even smaller than he was? Jackson wasn’t a fool, he knew how loathsome Ivy could come off, but Jackson was on good terms with the Carters, and Ivy, for all her vile and repugnant facade, couldn’t be as evil as people made her out to be. And even if she was, it didn’t give Julien a right to assault her like that. And the way he just said it so nonchalantly? It made a flash of rage spark behind Jackson’s eyes. Jackson backed away from the other boy and unconsciously kept himself between Julien and the girls.

Mikki, bless her heart, had the perfect response to Julien’s confession, and Jackson agreed wholeheartedly. What did he expect them to say? Did he want them to tell him it was okay that he attacked a small and probably defenseless girl? Did he want them to chastise him? Bree put in her own two cents and in any other situation Jackson would have laughed out loud at the absurdity of it all. But right now all he felt was angry, and it was taking every ounce of willpower he had not to sock Julien in the jaw for what he did.

The conversation returned to what to do with Abel, and Jackson felt his anger subside for a moment. This was more important. Julien had plenty of time to get his. Mikki was still understandably shaken, and Bree offered the idea of covering him up. Jackson didn’t know what he could do here. He looked from one member of their foursome to the next, and let the silence hang in the air a bit. He looked down at the body they all still surrounded.

“Look… Whatever we’re going to do with him, we need to make a decision.” He looked to Mikki.

“You were closest to him. It should be up to you.”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Endellion

Post by Endellion »

The thing with hate and contempt was that they could be positive forces, in their way. Any care that someone had for you, even if it was simple ambivalence, could be paid off to try and push them further along their own path, or set their minds on a different track, even if it were but for a moment. If he couldn't really help in any other way, he would happily settle for that. And Julien could feel the contempt being sent his way right now alright, so clearly the gambit worked at least a little. The less people thought of him, the more he would be left out of mind when he joined Abel there.

All things were paid for, after all. Life with death, joy with strife, and a clean slate with moving on from what came before, whether by acceptance or simply throwing it away. And if he had to go for that to happen, well... so be it. It was better to be hated than mourned by whoever won, surely.

He knew it would hurt his family to see it happen, should they watch, but they were no strangers to seeing bad things happen to good kids his age. In time, they too would move on, he was sure.

"My conscience is mine to deal with, and I'm not looking to burden anyone else with it. There was a point I was trying to make there, but... eh, doesn't matter." He looked down, regarding Abel once more. "Right, I think there were curtains where I woke up. It's not much, but there's little else. Clothes would make poor covering for him, since someone's liable to just steal them."

With that said, Julien turned around, shifting his duffle bag around on his shoulder a little, and made to leave. "I'll be heading back here once I've got them." Soon enough he was out of sight.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Mikki didn't really have time to process it all because suddenly she was now the arbiter of Abel's remains, and Julien got pissy and walked off. He said it was for curtains, but that remained to be seen. If he came back, then sure, but if he was telling the truth then it wouldn't be for a while. And all along they'd be standing in the field around the body of Mikki's friend as suddenly she had to decide where he was going to spend eternity.

Well, probably not eternity. It was hard to think about, but the terrorist fuckheads probably didn't leave their bodies there once this thing finished. Once it was all well and done, Abel would probably be loaded into a giant furnace or a meat grinder with all the other kids whose bodies could be found and turned into a fine paste, or maybe they'd just be dissolved or something. They certainly weren't left behind, because that'd be merciful, and terrorists had no mercy for the ones they put through horror like them.

Mikki watched Julien leave, silently until he became naught but a spec in the distance. She turned back to the other two who remained.

"Yeah, lets just cover him up. Can't ask you to dig a grave. Once he comes back with stuff, I guess, we'll get to work on that."

And until then, they were stuck with each other, unless they decided Mikki wasn't good company. In which case, they could just leave, and Mikki wouldn't blame them, although she really didn't wish any sort of ill will on them to the point that she wanted them dead for abandoning her. She wasn't the kind of person who willed another person dead, like whoever killed Abel did.

Fuck, what was she going to do about that? She wanted to get off this island in a way that was absolutely gucci for everyone and not just her, but the more she thought about it, the more she realized that none of the angry emotions were aimed at Bree, or Jackson, or even Julien, they were aimed at the fuckhead who proved the terrorists right and made it impossible for anyone in this class to truly trust anyone else ever again. But she wasn't sure where those emotions would lead if she let them. She just wanted to scream.

But not now.

"So either of you two have any ideas on how we're getting off this island?"

Mikki doubted they'd be the kinds of people she was looking for to save them all, but it was worth a shot.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Julien pissed off, ostensibly to look for curtains or something. Or maybe it was an awkward attempt at escaping the whole, y’know, them not supporting his Ivy beatdown pity party he just threw for himself.

This school. She swore. Bree wouldn’t be surprised if the school’s answer to CWC but jock was currently using this as an excuse to throw his monkey shit at the wall like he always did in response to… well, everything. Hell, that was just one thing she thought of at the top of at the top of her head. Yeah, Julien had proven her “people will be dumb” theory correct in short time, good job!

Welp, they were down one person, though. No idea if Julien was truly coming back. No idea on who’d want him back, to be honest. Harsh? Yeah, but so was the Ivy attack.

“Well, it’s smart to think of how you’re going to survive before you think of escaping, right?” Bree said. “First off… I think beating the shit out of each other is something we all agree is dumb, right?”

If you beat down on people, you’ll probably get injured if you do it enough, plus making enemies with random people who may or may not have weapons was never a good idea. That was just logic. Really, it was a good idea to lay low as much as possible, she still felt.

“I might have some beach towels in my bag, actually,” she said. “Might be useful.”

Then again, she might need those towels. And... not like you can just get them back if you're using them as a shroud or whatever.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Julien was gone for now. He ran off leaving the three of them to stand guard over the body. Jackson wouldn’t be surprised if that was the last time any of them saw him. Didn’t he know how this shit worked? Had he never seen a horror movie before? Whoever leaves the group is the next on to die. And there’s a pretty big chance that more people that whoever did this to Abel were deciding to play the terrorist’s game. As much as his last few comments made him sick, Jackson still hoped the taller boy would be alright on his own.

Even Julien didn’t deserve to be killed in a place like this, regardless of what he’d done to Ivy.

The quiet after he left was palpable for a while. It was like none of them really knew what to say right away. It was a strange situation. Sure, they all knew each other, but Jackson couldn’t really call any of these two girls his ‘friends’. For what it was worth they were almost strangers. And yet, they were kind of stuck together now. Sure, any one of them could walk away at any moment, there was nothing forcing them to stay together, but…

That would mean having to take on whatever was out there on their own.

Mikki spoke up about covering Abel’s body. Jackson nodded. It made the most sense for what they had available. Now they kind of just had to wait and see if Julien ever came back with that curtain. But unfortunately, they couldn't sit here and wait forever. Jackson didn’t say it, because he knew they all knew that was the truth. And besides, it would be too cruel to say it out loud. Jackson’s vision locked onto Abel again and he felt his chest tighten. Sooner or later, that was going to be all of them. Just another statistic talked about on the news.

All of this was just so many levels of fucked up.

“Yeah, survival comes first. If we can’t keep ourselves going, escape isn’t even on the table. And I really don’t want to beat the shit out of anyone, if I’m being honest. I don’t even have a weapon.”

Now that he thought about it, he hadn’t even had a chance to check his bags yet. Jackson walked over to them and unzipped the one marked B036. Inside was nothing really special. Some rations, a few water bottles, a first aid kit, and some other nonsense. There was nothing that particularly looked like something he could defend himself with, unfortunately. He did spot a small package, and pulled it out to take a look.

It was an AED machine. He’d seen one before, hanging in the nurse's office at school. He wondered why they would give him this? Was it a part of the first aid kit? Did the terrorists expect them to need to restart people’s hearts in their death game? That seemed off-brand for them. Or was this is ‘assigned weapon’ that they spoke about? He couldn’t help but to laugh despite himself. He really was going to die in this place, wasn’t he?

“Well, on the bright side, if anyone’s heart stops, I’ve got them covered!” He stated sarcastically, showing the girls the ‘weapon’ he found in his bag.

“Hopefully you girls got something with a little more oomph.” Or we’re all dead.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Brackie

Post by Brackie »

As the discussion became open, Mikki began to feel a little more focused. Her horse escaped from the swamp of sadness, as it was, even if it lost a leg. She wasn't exactly sure if she could wait around to see if Julien actually came back, but she felt personally obligated to do so. In the meantime, all there really was to do was plan survival, and it became obvious in that moment that Mikki hadn't really thought about it beyond "find smart person, escape", because Bree and Jackson actually had ideas.

"Yeah, keep the towels, you never know when you might need them."

But even if Mikki was, for the second time in her life, left as defacto leader, she was hardly as qualified for this position as she was the first. At home, she just had to nag two people for clips, samples and their own work. Here, she would have to organize food, shelter, weapons, sleeping, protection, making sure nobody jacked their shit, and a whole bunch of stuff Mikki felt woefully underprepared for.

But at least she had something.

"Oh, yeah, uh..."

Mikki walked around the group to her newly formed wet bag pile, unzipped her own, and took out the small submachine gun still sitting on top of everything. She turned around with it in her hands, holding it precariously like a child picking up a stuffed toy for the first time. She'd felt so comfortable holding it when she woke up, but now it just made her feel a swirl of resentment.

"I have this. I suppose it can help."
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Okay, good. Everyone, or at least her and Jackson, was in agreement that going around beating the living tar out of the cheer captain wasn’t a bright idea. Maybe common sense existed after all! Maybe. It did raise her hopes a little, but you never know honestly.

“Oh, wow,” Bree said, leaning in to get a look at the AED. “Well, I got a syringe of adrenaline--”

Bree unzipped her bag in a moment, pulling out said syringe she kept near the top.

“So, if someone’s heart stops, at least we know what to do?”

Medical stuff, and then Mikki got a fucking… machine gun or something? It was smaller, but that was her best guess. Kind of lopsided, if you asked her. She wondered how weapons were picked. Random chance, she guessed.

“Right. So what we have right now is a syringe, an AED, and a… gun, I guess. I assume we each got the same things otherwise? Like, all the food and stuff”

Various forms of food, a “survival manual” that just restated things, a first aid kit, a flashlight, map and compass… it was safe to assume it was the case.

She kept her eyes off the gun like she did Abel.

Think of the practical stuff.
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Jackson almost busted out laughing when Bree revealed her assigned weapon. An AED machine and a vial of adrenaline, what a fucking pair that was. It was pretty fucking hilarious that in a game where taking lives was supposed to be the point, the terrorists provided them with things meant only to save lives. The irony cut deep. Then, as if to add insult to injury, Mikki pulls a fucking machine gun out of her bag. Holy fucking shit, man. Like, on the one hand, he was a bit relieved to find that their little threesome had something to defend themselves with, but on the other hand, that meant that other people probably also had guns as scary, if not even scarier, as this one. He dropped his eyes down to his mud-covered lap.

They really were completely fucked, weren’t they?

"Yeah, food and supplies seem to be standard." He stated, but almost as an afterthought.

Jackson felt his mind start to go down a dark path, and he tried to shut it down before it could consume his thoughts. He needed to relax himself. As hard as that seemed to be. For god’s sake he hadn’t been awake for more than an hour and already he’d seen one of his classmate’s corpses and realized that people had fucking guns. His mind was reeling. He felt his heart rate start to speed up, so he took a few deep breaths to try and calm down. He lifted his gaze from his lap and looked at the two girls. Fuck. He had to try and be strong, these girls were probably even more freaked out than he was right now. Neither of them wanted to kill anyone, so at least he knew he could trust them. That was more than he could say for some people.

“So what’s the plan? Are we really gonna wait for that blonde bastard to come back?” He grimaced as he recalled Julien’s admission of beating the shit out of Ivy.

“For all we know, he won’t even come back.”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Endellion

Post by Endellion »

The blonde bastard in question came back alright, two large bundles of red cloth in hand. They'd needed to be scraped clean a little on the way, but the curtains were more than adequate for their new purpose.

"Just as a word of advice, Mikki," he said, setting about covering Abel up to ensure that at least some of the dignity he'd been denied at his end was returned, "the sooner you're used to holding that, the better. I'm hardly suggesting you waste bullets or anything else you might care to think... But it, ah, it won't be of much use when you need it most if you leave the safety on or forget to keep it loaded because someone's trying to kill you." Some would decry it as unnecessary, he was certain, right up until the moment they ended up in that situation and promptly had their gun, life or both taken from them. Even if he had one too, having that base covered himself wouldn't help much, since Julien was willing to guess he would be appropriately terrified when someone either turned a gun on him or tried to stab or beat him to death.

After he'd made sure his job was done, cover laid out and fixed in place as best he could manage, Julien stood up and stepped away. Of course, this would be the easy part.

You just rest peacefully as you can there. I'll be seeing whoever did this to you in due time.

"And I have no plans of staying in my present company any longer. I'm sure that Ivy's opened her mouth about it already, and at least for now there'll be no shortage of disdain and particular treatment for someone who beats the shit out of tiny, helpless women." Julien shifted the straps of his bags around, ever mindful of the war scythe lashed to his duffle bag, and walked away once more for good this time.

"So good luck to the three of you, and goodbye." Ideally he'd never see Mikki, Bree or Jackson again, one way or another.

[ Julien Leblanc continued in Deep Red Bells. ]
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Mikki added nothing to the survival talk because it wasn't in her wheelhouse and she felt like nothing she said would be of worth. She didn't really pay attention to things that were going on until Julien eventually came back with what he promised. Her ire was less heated than it was before, but she still felt that familiar twinge of resentment when Julien once again began lecturing her. He probably had a point, somewhere, but Mikki wasn't exactly up for internalising it right now.

And just as quickly as he returned, he left, with only goodbyes in his wake.

"Right. Well, I...I'm gonna do this myself, okay?"

Mikki took one of the curtains and measured it with her arms only. She looked back down at Abel, silently trying to figure out how to do what she had intended in her mind, before squatting down next to him and laying out the curtain.

Eventually, it was done - Mikki had not only covered Abel's body, but practically wrapped it up tight enough for entrance into an Egyptian tomb. She had to get her hands under a person who was no longer capable of moving, pulling the curtain underneath, but here he was - the unmistakable silhouette of one of her friends. She pulled herself up from her position on the ground and cleared her throat.

"Um..."

She'd never been to a funeral before, but she'd seen them on TV. She didn't know exactly what was expected of her, being the one responsible for the position the three of them were currently in, but all she could really do was work with what she had off the top of her head.

"So, I've known-I knew Abel for a while. Like, I wasn't friends with him for a while, but like...when I met Andy, I met Abel. He wasn't someone I really met before I met Andy, but I'd seen him around. But then I went steady with Andy, and like, I met his friends and stuff. And Abel really annoyed me, y'know? Like, he didn't have much to say and whenever he spoke he just didn't say anything I wanted to listen to, y'know?"

"But then, he was like...you know he's-he was captain of the baseball team, yeah? And even after that, like, he'd still talk to me, and my friends and stuff, even when Andy wasn't there? And I got to know him really well, and he was such a nice guy, and when he found out about all the parties me and Forrest and Charelle ran he'd pretty much, like, hype them all up and get people to come, even when he wasn't going. Like, I dunno who does that. He just wanted me to have a good party with lots of people. Like, it's...like I had some bad times, and there were, like, sometimes it felt like he was the only one who wanted me to do good at the partying thing, and like...I dunno, it was probably just all in my head and stuff, but like...I dunno what would have happened if he hadn't been there, even if it was just in my head, y'know?"

"And like...you know, for a cops kid, he was pretty fucking cool, like...not a narc. Like when I found out what his dad was in town I was like 'oh shit, I'm gonna ruin my fucking life' and stuff, but even that, like...I don't think his dad hated me. And like...his mom was cool too, like she was like...I dunno. I met one of his sisters, once, I can't remember which one. But like, he was the youngest one and stuff, and like...his family raised him good. He was like...like, there's heaps of shit fucking assholes at our school, and he wasn't one of them, and like, that's all you can really want in a friend, right?"

"So I...I wish this hadn't happened to you, Abel, I wish I could have...done something. Like, I've got a gun, if I'd woken up earlier I probably could have helped you if I'd came here earlier, and like...you should have gone to Knoxville."

Mikki's voice cracked at the last line.

"So..."

The cracks became more evident.

"Goodbye, Abel."

When she got the final word out, her anger melted away. She'd felt a lot of things when she'd found him, and a lot of it was gone now. She wasn't scared, or angry anymore. She'd done the best she could for a friend who was now dead, and for where they were it was pretty much all she could do. She wished she'd known even more about him, so he could get the impromptu eulogy he deserved and not just the one centered around how one person there at that very moment felt about him. It should have been his dad, or sisters, or mom. But Mikki was the best thing there was, and it stabilized the strong emotions that were ruling her.

But none of that resolved the remaining swell of sadness and grief from within her chest. Mikki's knees gave out from beneath her, her hands rushed to her face in embarassment for what was to come, and she loudly and openly began to sob.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!

Return to “The Rice Paddies”