Star Party

Nov 4th 2017, Open to all who want to join

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Dean smiled as Amelia passed his phone back to him, but didn’t say a word. She was, of course, the only Amelia he’d ever met in his life; it was a nice name, but he was more likely to find his arm turned back to flesh and bone than he was to meet another Amelia this decade. He made a quick note of her phone background – he should have expected it, really – before tapping in his own details. He put his own name down as ‘Dean Djinni’, the same name he gave himself everywhere; Xbox Live, Skype and Discord, Twitter, etc. etc. All thanks to a childhood spent listening to his dad’s David Bowie CDs.

He wondered briefly if Amelia would recognise the reference. She seemed like the sorta person to listen to Bowie. He was absolutely certain that she'd heard ‘Space Odyssey’ at the very least.

“Heh. I appreciate it,” Dean said, grinning, handing Amelia’s phone back. “It’s very cute, I’ll definitely remember it.”

It was cute, and very fitting too, in every possible way. Dean kept quiet about that one as well; even if Amelia was well aware of her… quirky nature, it just wasn’t the sorta thing you went talking out loud about.

“And I’ll make sure to phone, not text.”

He smiled at her for a moment longer, then turned back towards the telescope.

“Mind if I have another look through?”

She’d already given him permission, but best just to ask once more, just to be polite. Never hurt, after all.
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia let Dean take his phone from her and grinned excitedly at the boy. He looked down at what she had saved herself as and said that it was cute. She beamed at the compliment. She was hoping that he would find it applicable. Amelia was no stranger to the fact that others thought her a bit odd. She didn’t let it bother her though, after all, she WAS a bit odd, and she thoroughly enjoyed being so. A space cadet was the best kind of descriptor for her, and she was proud to be who she was. Dean said he’d make sure to call her, and as she let the idea of that settle in her brain, she realized that she was going to have a boy calling her AT HOME. All of a sudden she felt her face flush a bit as she shakily took her phone back from Dean. Holy moley… a boy was going to be calling her when she was at home! This was new ground! And it was different than Declyn or Artem. They were friends first, boys second.

Dean was definitely boy first.

He asked if he could take a look through the telescope again and she nodded with a smile. As he moved forward to do so, Amelia looked down to her phone to see his number saved. Dean Djinni? His last name was Puchero, so obviously he’d done the same as her and put his name in so that it was memorable. She smiled at the thought that he wanted her to be sure to remember him. She studied the name for a second, trying to decipher why he’d picked it. It sounded like a reference, but she couldn’t place it right away. She forced the gears in her head to turn as she made an attempt to decode the puzzle before her.

Djinni is another way to spell Genie, right? Like a diaper genie? No, that’s silly.

Dean Genie… hmm that sounds really familiar. Like a song her grandparents listen to. What was it again?

Then the connection snapped into place and the lightbulb in her head lit up like a beacon.

IT’S A ZIGGY STARDUST REFERENCE!

Amelia’s eyes lit up and she snapped her head up to stare at Dean. The grin on her face was huge. If she wasn’t sure before that they were meant to become friends then this just cemented it in her mind. She adored David Bowie! Dean once again just went up quite a few notches on her likeability meter.

“I really like David Bowie too. It’s a Bowie reference right?” She looked at him expectantly, pointing at her phone.

“My Grandparents listen to his songs a lot, so I basically grew up listening to him.” she smiled and noticed the time on her phone. It was just about time for the show. Venus was on its way.

“We’ve got about ten minutes till the rising. Are you ready?”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

There was the nod and smile of approval Dean was looking for. He returned the gesture, before leaning over the telescope and looking through the eyepiece again. Now, where had he seen Saturn again? He thought it’d been over to the right-hand side of his vision, but he couldn’t see it there anymore. Maybe a little further right? Or maybe it’d simply gone out of sight all together?

Ah well. It had been a beautiful sight, but so was the rest of the early morning sky. He could see every single star crystal clear, like someone had just taken a long, long ladder one day and painted them all individually in the atmosphere. When you could take a once-in-a-lifetime photograph just by aiming a camera down the lens and pointing the telescope in any random direction, you didn’t wanna miss out on any of it.

Amelia’s excited burst of speech took Dean by surprise, though, and he just about avoided cracking his skull on the telescope as he looked up to see her beaming grin. Yep. He’d been right on the money. He allowed himself to be a little proud, but not too much; you could kinda tell from a mile off that Amelia would be a Bowie fan.

“Hah, yep, you got it,” he said, taking a step back from the telescope. “That’s my dad’s doing again. Every weekend I could hear him playing Bowie CDs in his study, and it kinda got ingrained into my music tastes. He played Diamond Dogs and Heroes a lot, but I’d always ask him to repeat Jean Genie, so…”

He shrugged and smiled.

“There we go.”

You know, come to think of it, when was the last time he’d been properly able to spend time with his dad? Like, some father-son bonding time? His dad was always so busy or tired, even at the weekends, and there was that kinda unspoken idea that, now that Dean was almost at college-age, he didn’t need to spend as much time with his family anymore. But it’d be nice. It’d be good to hang out. They had more in common than he remembered. Maybe they could head out here and stargaze one night. He thought his dad would like that.

“Oh, I’m more than ready, I can’t wait. You wanna take first look? This is what you came out here for in the first place, after all.”
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia found it funny that both she and Dean had been exposed to similar things in their childhood. It wasn’t that out of the ordinary, but it was nice to think that they had something in common that went as far back as when they were kids. That was just one more way the aliens were controlling the masses, after all. Dean asked if she would like to be the first to watch Venus rise, and she nodded gratefully. He was right, this was what she’d made the trek all the way out here for after all. Making a new friend was a pleasant surprise, but watching the planet come into view of her telescope was most certainly the primary goal of the morning. Stepping up to her telescope and taking Dean’s place behind it, she did what she could to adjust the view to where the star charts had told her Venus would be appearing in the early morning sky. Feeling confident after a few moments, she backed away and kept an eye on her phone, excitedly watching the time as the countdown began. Only about five more minutes. She turned to Dean with a wide smile.

“Five more minutes… I’m getting really excited, y’know?” She giggled. A light blush crossed her face and she locked her eyes down on the ground for a moment.

“A-and, um… Thanks for staying out here with me to watch. It’s been really fun.” She smiled sheepishly, her eyes darting from his face and back to the ground a few times, attempting to gauge his reaction, but also to avoid his gaze.

The two stood by for a few more minutes, anxiously awaiting the beginning of the show. To Amelia, the five minutes felt like hours almost. Her excitement was visible, her eyes locked on her phone while she shuffled from one foot to the other, unable to stay still while she waited. She’d seen stuff like this before, but every time she got that same rush of excitement, she couldn’t help it. This was her favorite thing in the world, just watching the cosmos be, wishing she could travel the endless wonder. She let out a squeak as the time left reached a minute, and she looked at Dean with glee. Almost there! She put her eye to the telescope and began her search for the first traces of the planet’s appearance.

A little to the east.

North some.

Zoom in a smidge.

Too far, move it back a bit Southwest.

There!

It was absolutely glorious. There it was, Venus in all her glory. The outline and shape of the planet came into view under the stars, clouded slightly, but getting clearer with every passing moment. It was extraordinary. To be able to see another world, something so close yet so far out of reach. It truly was a transcendent experience. She couldn't help the excited giggles and squeaks that she let out as she stared at the planet. It was too much for her to keep inside. She pulled herself away from the telescope reluctantly, and turned to look at Dean. He was going to love it, she was absolutely sure.

“Look! It’s amazing!”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Pippi

Post by Pippi »

“Wow.”

It really was amazing, too.

Dean had been impressed enough by the view of Saturn through the telescope, faint and cloudy as it had been. The fact he’d been able to see something so otherworldly, yet so familiar, with his own naked eye, something he’d only thought he could ever see in books or photographs, that had been more than enough to make this experience perfect. He’d expected the view of Venus to be more of the same.

But this was something else. It was awesome, in every sense of the word. There it was, Venus, just like Amelia had promised, clear and bright and so real Dean felt like he could reach up to the sky and grab a hold of it, surrounded by stars. It was easy, looking up at the galaxy like this, to forget he was just looking at chunks of rock and balls of burning gas, and understand how people in the past had treated them like radiant, watchful gods and beings.

“That’s… wow.”

For a moment, he felt very very small, and then, suddenly, very very important. The universe was… big. Really big. Hella big. Bigger than anything else, seeing as it had to contain everything else. And on the vast scale of the universe, Venus was nothing more than a tiny pinprick, if even that. And yet, here he and Amelia were, awestruck by its appearance through the telescope, millions of miles away from Earth.

And that same thing rang true for him, and for Amelia, and for the telescope, and everything surrounding him. Everything was impossibly important to somebody. Everything mattered, everything had its place. It was a nice thing to think about, really.

“This is…” Dean murmured, briefly breaking eye contact with the lens to glance at Amelia. “This is really incredible.”

It was rare Dean was lost for words, but this was definitely one such occasion.

“Hey, Amelia?” he said, looking back through the telescope as Venus grew clearer and clearer in the sky. “Thank you. I don’t think I’m ever gonna forget this.”
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia could barely contain herself as she watched Dean look through the telescope at the rising planet. She just knew he was going to be amazed! She kept shuffling back and forth from right leg to left in anticipation for his reaction. If it was anything like she was expecting, it was going to make her very very happy. As she continued to try and keep her figurative pot from boiling over, Dean took a look through the telescope, and at his first utterance of a simple ‘wow’, Amelia felt her excitement overload her brain. She didn’t know if he could hear her geeking out behind him and making all kinds of unintelligible sounds of glee, but she didn’t care either way. It made her so unimaginably happy to be able to share something so fantastic with someone her own age. Sure, she came out to stargaze with her grandfather all the time, but she’d never been able to really share her passion for the cosmos with a peer before today.

He turned to look at her, and the wonder and happiness was so clear on his face Amelia wanted to scream out in joy. He seemed to be at a loss for words, and she could completely understand. The first time she’d seen another planet so clearly through a lens she was awestruck for quite a while. The sense of magic and grandeur that hung in the air when looking at what lay out in the deep mysteries of space was palpable, and this early morning had a strong mystifying feeling, at least for Amelia. Dean looked through the scope again, and what he said next made her smile so hard it hurt her cheeks.

“I’m glad! I don’t think i will either.”

She watched him and wondered briefly how she’d ever get the look on his face out of her mind. Well, even if she couldn’t, she could live with that. It was great look to have stuck in your memory.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Pippi

Post by Pippi »

He really, really didn’t wanna leave right now.

If this had all existed in a bubble, just him and Amelia and the telescope and the sky, then he would have stayed for hours upon hours more, until night finally shifted back to day again. It was peaceful, and it was beautiful, and he could let all of his worries and anxiety and the pain of the last few months wash away in the ocean of stars above.

But, unfortunately, reality had to ensue, and the fact was that he really wasn’t dressed for this sort of weather. He was only just noticing how badly he was shivering, the energy and warmth from running having well and truly run out by now. There were goosebumps all up and down his arm and legs, and the cold morning air was doing its best to get into every gap in his clothing.

He sighed, tearing himself away from the telescope and turning to face Amelia, smiling at her.

“We should do this again sometime,” Dean said, stuffing his hand into the pocket of his hoody to try and keep it warm. “Y’know, plan ahead, make sure I’m wearing, uh…”

He gestured down at his outfit with his other hand, sweeping it across his body, grinning.

“More than this.”
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

It was hard to keep herself from bouncing around the area she was so full of energy and excitement. She could barely keep still as Dean continued to look through the telescope at the cosmos above. Amelia had been looking forward to this star gaze for a while now, but she hadn’t realized it could be so much more fun with another person! Sure, she’d gone out with her grandfather many a time, but this was different. This time she was the relative expert sharing the magic with someone else. It made her feel really grown up and important. She giggled a bit at the thought. Dean turned from the telescope and smiled at her. She grinned back. He mentioned wanting to do this again and it made her heart soar with happiness. She nodded at him enthusiastically in response. He continued, saying that next time they should plan ahead so he could be better dressed for the occasion, ad for the first time in a while Amelia realized that he was wearing barely any clothes for how chilly it was outside and she panicked a bit.

“Oh gosh! I forgot! You must be freezing!” She didn’t know what to do, and began to look around for something to warm him with. However, there was nothing suitable in the area.

“You gotta go warm up! You’re gonna catch P-monia!” She hurried over to him and started to tug him away from the telescope and lightly push him away towards the parking lot.

“It’s okay! I’m fluffy so I can clean everything up myself! If you get sick we won’t be able to do this again, so go home and drink some hot chocolate!” Yes, that would warm him up, she was sure.

“Plus, now we can call each other whenever! B'cuz we’re friends now, right?” She looked at him with a huge smile on her face.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Dean tried to stifle his laughs as Amelia did her very best to push him away from the telescope. It was about time he headed home, of course; he was beginning to lose some of the feeling in his fingers now. But Amelia’s attempts of pushing and dragging him away from the telescope reminded him distinctly of a tiny, tiny kitten attempting to pull a duvet off of a bed.

He made it easy for her, though, letting himself get pushed around and manoeuvred off to the side of the telescope site, aimed in the direction of the parking lot. He turned and faced Amelia, gently readjusting his tank top from where she had tugged at it.

“I’ll make sure I do that, yeah,” he said, grinning. “I think we’ve got some, like, Ovaltine at home, I can use that to make some. And, hey, I’ll send you a photo of it, if you like.”

When was the last time he’d had hot chocolate again? Had to be… years now. It wasn’t really something that fit super well into his diet, and even then, it was something he could easily say he could live without. But it felt… right in this situation. Warming and relaxing and sweet. The sorta feeling it gave when watching a fireworks display or snuggled up at home when it was cold and icy outside.

And, hey, who knows, maybe hot chocolate would be the perfect post-workout drink. Highly doubtful, but stranger things had happened!

“Cause we’re friends now!”

Dean returned Amelia’s bright, beaming smile, waving at her as he turned to head off.

“Have a good night, Amelia! I’ll see you around, yeah?”

He picked up speed as he jogged away from Amelia and her telescope, trying to warm his body up, smile doing the same for his face.

((Dean Puchero continued elsewhere in memories))
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Amelia continued to playfully shove dean away from the Telescope and towards the parking lot, earning a few chuckles from him as she did. After moving him a sufficient distance from the area, she finally stopped her act and let him turn to face her. He said he would be sure to drink some hot cocoa when he got home, and even offered to send her a photo of the result, to which she nodded enthusiastically in response. In her head she thought she’d do the same when she got home, and then maybe they could compare! When Dean reaffirmed her claim to them being friends, all she could do was grin widely and clasp her hands together in delight.

“Bye Dean! See you soon!” She waved at his retreating figure, and watched him as his body became smaller and smaller as the distance widened.

She couldn’t keep the smile off her face right now if she tried. It was so exciting to know that she’d made a new friend. One who she supposed was very different from the people she usually surrounded herself with. But that was okay, she liked the idea of having all different kinds of people in her life.

She turned to look at her equipment and began to busy herself with packing it up and putting it all away so she could carry it back to the truck. She giggled to herself a bit, still high from the incredibly fun morning she’d shared with her newfound friend. One thing was for sure, this day would be in her memory for as long as she lived. She took one last longing glance at the sky above, the light of the morning filtering out all the stars.

“It’s gonna be a really good day. I’m sure of it.”

[Amelia Fischer Memories Continued In Mothership]
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker