Lilacs and Lolita

You can see the ocean from here. The cliffs aren't terribly high, but it might be a mighty painful fall down them. They wouldn't make a very good hiding place, seeing how they're out in the open, but it'd definitely make a good vantage point, especially if you were lying in wait for someone to pass along the shoreline below.
Lucid†

Post by Lucid† »

[[Continued from Lost]]

Time was passing far too slowly for Jodene's liking. The more time that she went around without running into anybody was better for her chances of living one more day. As Jodene tried to find her way to somewhere other than jungle, she felt relieved that she wasnt in the thicker stuff anymore. That had been a nightmare that she thought she might never get out of.

It was much to her relief when the jungle had sort of stopped and made way for the ground to suddenly just end, with cliffs as far as she could see. As she stepped out of the thick underbrush, she saw an inconspicues path a few meters away from where she'd been cutting her way through.

"Dammit, thats just my luck!"

Jodene heard the waves below her and felt a sense of calm wash over her a little bit. She hadn't seen anyone, and judging my the voice that boomed out from the announcements every day, people were killing, and doing it with pleasure. Jodene figured that killing wouldn't be that difficult, especially if you thought about it like you were just trying to survive. If she could kill someone, it would mean her first step to fame would be complete.

"I cant let anyone know what Im going to do though..."

She saw that in this new place she would have an opportunity to show people what she could do though as a large group stood nearby her, looking like they were trying to find out their next move. A person as nonthreatening as Jodene might be able to surprise them, and if they had good weapons, it might prove to be a good idea.

Thinking about it for a second, she decieded finally that she was going to approach the group. Putting her knife in her pocket, she wandered up to the group and cautiously looked around at all the people in it. One looked to be a pregnant girl, and the others all looked like they were not playing. If she could make this go off well, it would be easy pickings for Jodene.

"Hi...I'm not playing, so please dont shoot me! My name is Jodene, and I've been lost in the jungle for days! I'm so glad to see you people!"

To the group, Jodene probably sounded sincere. In a way, she was. But she knew she needed to play, to surpas the expectations that her family had placed on her, namely the low ones that she felt since she was little. The next few minutes would be really important for her, and she waited for someone to say something.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lucid. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Surprisingly, the two people she'd aligned herself with at the beginning of the game seemed to have no qualms in following her escape plan. In fact, Corbin jumped in headfirst, immediately asking whether or not either of the two girls were good with electronics. Before Khrysta could answer, though, a rustling in the bushes caught her attention. Within seconds, two figures suddenly emerged from the treeline, both looking completely harmless.

The first to approach them, Khrysta knew from class as Neil Sinclair. He seemed like a nice guy overall, although he seemed to be a bit of a showoff. He played in a band and was always wearing bright colors and loud outfits to draw attention to himself. Now, he was also drawing attention to himself, but he seemed like no sort of threat with his arms held up in the air as they were.

He quickly explained that he wasn't playing... and that he was wet, a fact that Khrysta found quite humorous as she looked at the dripping boy. It looked like he had fallen into the river or something, but she couldn't be bothered to ask him. Immediately after him, another boy trailed out from the woodwork. This one had a familiar face. They'd run into him before at the airfield, immediately after Paul'd killed Adwin.

Khrysta simply stared at the two boys standing in front of her. Both had blatantly stated that they weren't playing, and that was the only question Khrysta had for either of them. Beyond that, she didn't really care what they were doing. "Not playing" was enough for her.

"We're using the corpses in this area to study the collars," she stated flatly, her ice blue eyes moving from one boy to the other, "If you plan on hanging around, we'd all appreciate it if you'd help out. If not, it's better that you leave now."

With that, Khrysta moved over to the corpse she had previously used her beach towel to cover up, cringing for a moment before rolling the towel back just far enough to see Rebbecca's face and her collar. Before she could start fiddling with the device, though, another voice echoed out from the area, introducing itself as Jodene.

Khysta once again looked up to see a rather plain looking girl running toward them. If she remembered correct, she was a cheerleader back at Southridge. Beyond that, Khrysta didn't know her personally. Her attention turned from the new girl, who appeared unarmed, to Mary and Corbin, and she shrugged slightly.

Truth be told, she didn't like all these people being around. None of them seemed like the quiet type, so not only were they going to be a headache, but they were probably going to draw the group a lot of unwanted attention. Still, perhaps they could be useful. One of them might know a thing or two about electronics. For that reason, none of them were worth brushing off... not yet, anyway.

"Do any of you know anything about electronics?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Bingo!

Score!

Touchdown!

Whatever you want to say, Neil felt all the emotions of victory. Not only had he found a group that hadn't told him to run off, but he had found a group that had similar interests. Looking at the collars of the dead. That was brilliant. That could easily work hand in hand with Neil's plan. He smiled and ran his hair through his now flattened hair (which was in a faux hawk on day 1) and then Jodene showed up.

Neil didn't really know her, she was the cheerleader type. He didn't hang out much with that crowd, though he was friends with some. She stated she wasn't playing, and that was good. SADD could live on yet.

Neil turned to Matthew and said, "We did it man, step one down, we just gotta show them our plan."

Neil approached Khrysta and the corpse she was standing over and took a step back when he saw it. He wasn't prepared for the sight. The dead girl was well...dead. Plain and simple dead. Whether there was a heaven or hell didn't matter right now. All that mattered was there was a dead girl, a dead student, a student he talked to before, lying in front of him.

He looked at her and shut his eyes. When he opened them he reached into his bag and once again took out his last notebook. Flipping to an empty page he took the pencil out of the spiral and started to write.

I like your plan about the collars. I'm leading a group called SADD. I have a plan to get off this island, but it's going to take a devoted group. Your collar plan could work well with my plan. My plan is destroying as many cameras as possible. We can blind Danya. He'll be forced to send people here to fix the cameras or replace them. That's when we ambush the group. We make sure to take at least one hostage.

Neil had eyed Corbin's M16 and knew that if the group could only find others with that kind of firepower, they could have a chance.

Neil handed the notebook to Khrysta and said, "I don't know much about electronics, but maybe this will help."

Corbin had watched the encounter the whole time, unsure about the whole situation, but fully trusted Khrysta's judgment. She wouldn't put the group in danger. She knew what she was doing.

Corbin looked at Neil suspiciously as he wrote something in a notebook and handed it to Khrysta. What was it?

Corbin also noticed that the boy with Neil, Matthew, had encountered them before back at the airfield.

He kept his finger inside the M16 trigger guard, but he kept it aimed at the ground, not trying to appear threatening.

He could see dark storm clouds forming. It would rain soon, and not just rain, it would pour. They would all need to find shelter or they would be just as wet as Neil currently is. He felt the wind picking up, and the hair on his neck stood up, the atmosphere reminding him of a twister movie.

He was going to ask Khrysta what the notebook said before the announcements kicked to life. It wasn't Danya speaking this time however, it was his assistant, Dorian?

Corbin listened to the names of the dead and he recognized some names, but none he was too great friends with. He felt bad for being relieved that those who died, weren't his friends, but that was life.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Matt had been just a tad bit surprised when the girl who looked like the trio's leader began to immediately accept them and indulge the two on her plans. He smiled faintly at Neil, and followed him as they walked to a beach towel covered body. Khrysta moved the towel from the head and Matt felt a pang of remembrance.

He had held a class with Rebbecca in Southridge. He suddenly felt like crying as he remembered how she had died. He was glad the towel was covering up the damage, or he was afraid that he would have lost it. Another face soon appeared from the woodwork. It was one of the cheerleaders, Jodene he believed. This was soon confirmed by her, and she had blatantly stated she wasn't playing. He felt settled slightly by this, and continued to watch Khrysta's motions.

Just then, the all-too familiar crackling of the speakers perked his attention. The meek and stuttering voice that came out however, through him for a loop. Sadly, he wouldn't have too much time to contemplate this new development, when the first dead student happened to be the one he had seen only two days ago.

Andy Walker was dead.

Matt felt his eyes swell with tears, and he fell to his knees in depression. How could this have happened? Why did he have to die? Matt had only just seen him... Of course, Andy had berated him and blatantly told him that he was scum, but...

Matt was still deeply hurt by the news. He felt the tears roll down his face, and her crumpled to the ground. He silently cried. He cried not only for Andy, but for all the students who had died.

But most of all? He cried for those who were still alive.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Lucid†

Post by Lucid† »

Listening to the annoucement, Jodene couldn't really understand why everyone was crying so much all of a sudden. She knew people were dying and that they were going to lose their friends, but some of these people were taking it harder than she would. There wasnt any time to be sad now, getting upset would just get you killed.

After giving Matthew a disdainful look, Jodene thought about what she should do next. She was going to do something, she needed to do something, but she wasnt sure what to do. There were so many people here that she didnt know if she could get away with killing one of them. She also needed to think of who would be the easiest target. The pregnant girl probably wouldn't be able to run very far, but the crying boy would be easy to kill too. She looked at the two she considered the biggest threats to her, the boy holding the big gun and the girl who seemed to be their leader, Khrysta. Jodene knew Khrysta from school, but Khyrsyta had never given her the time of day. She had alwasy felt slighted at this and maybe taking out the leader might be the best way to make her presence felt.

"I know a little bit about them, can I take a look?"

Jodene was lying, of course, but Khrysta was standing next to the body and it made things a lot easier. Since the body was close to the trees, it might be possible for her to attack and then run off, or even try and take someone else with her. She hoped it would work. She stood up and walked over to the body, looking down at it with a bit of hesitation. She hadnt seen a body before in her life, but it was something she would probably have to get used to.

"What do I have to do?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lucid. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

The announcement.

When it started to echo out across the island, Khrysta tuned out everything else in the surrounding area to listen. She was almost relieved when Danya's voice didn't boom through the speakers, but instead, a sniveling, stuttering voice echoed out over the howling wind, stuttering out introductions and useless information before finally getting to the point.

Apparently eight had died over the course of the day, making it a "slow" day. Khrysta definitely didn't consider eight of her classmates being killed in a single day "slow" by any means. Most of the names meant nothing to her, but a few in particular seemed to stand out.

Ivye Dewley. Gabriel Theobaldt. Especially the latter. Theobaldt had been one of the biggest killers on the island thus far. It was definitely a better place for him having been eliminated from it. Danya's assistant stuttered out a bit more, finally declaring the day's dangerzones.

The sea cliffs was not among them.

"Seems like our friend Paul's still kicking," she muttered sarcastically as her attention turned back toward the corpse.

It's not like she had really expected Paul Smith to run off and get himself killed so quickly after leaving their group, but it wouldn't have surprised her all that much to hear his name on the announcements. Apparently, he hadn't tried his hand at poorly smooth-talking the wrong person yet. She was sure it was only a matter of time.

"We're in the clear, so we'd better make the best of our time," Khrysta confirmed to the group, "The faster we figure these collars out, the closer we'll be to getting out of here."

The cheerleader, Jodene, spoke up, claiming that she knew a little bit about electronic devices. Instinctually, Khrysta doubted her. She barely knew the girl, but the whole "stupid cheerleader" stereotype never seemed to be too far off its mark, and Khrysta simply didn't see the rather plain-looking girl being much of an exception to that rule.

"If you say so," Khrysta responded to Jodene, leaning down next to Rebbecca's corpse and pushing the black dyed hair away from the girl's neckline. Even looking down at Rebbecca's corpse made Khrysta feel somewhat bad for what they were about to do, but there was little choice in the matter.

Khrysta examined the collar, all the while trying to tune out the sobbing coming from Matt. She didn't know why he was crying, and she didn't really care. He'd come here with Neil in the first place, if anybody should be comforting the boy, it should be the person he was travelling with. Besides, she had matters far more important than babysitting to attend to.

"Before you start, I'm going to warn you," Khrysta spoke up again, her eyes meeting Jodene's, "The guide says that tampering with these will cause them to explode. You mess up too bad and you might wind up with a stump for a hand, or something far worse... so if you're going to back out, do it now."

Something told her that her words would change the cheerleader's mind. She didn't seem the type to want to endanger herself, and nobody liked the thought of having a stump for a hand. Who knew, though? Maybe Jodene would surprise her and actually know what she was doing when it came to these things. But... probably not.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Lucid†

Post by Lucid† »

Jodene waited until the girl knelt down beside her and started to caution her on the danger of playing with the electronic collars. She obviously didnt have a clue what she was doing, but that wasn't the point of the whole thing. Khrysta had let her get so close and seemed as though she was very trusting, and that would be a good trait in any other situation.

Jodene hesitated for a moment. She wasn't a angry person, and killing someone really wasnt in her nature. But she knew that it wss only a matter of time before someone else might try and kill her. If she was going to make a name for herself in this game, then she would want to start on her own terms, not have some accidental kill happen to her.

"I think that you might be right. I dont want a stump for a hand. But I think youve got a good point, and I'll be doing something, allright."

With one quick movement, she took the boning knife out of her pocket and quickly thrust it upwards towards the underneath of the girl's jaw. Hopefully the surprise of the situation would let her escape as quickly as she could.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Neil was a little surprised by Matthew's crying. Considering the circumstances, he guessed it was ok, but they had a plan to escape. They were going to get off this island together, and crying wouldn't really help the situation. Neil looked at his partner, his ally, his friend, and said, "Yo, man, chill ok? We're going to get out of this ok. We're going to be fine. I swear to you, as long as SADD lives I'll protect you and anyone else in the group. I swear to you it'll be ok."

Neil smiled a little, and turned his attention towards Khrysta, who didn't read the notebook he handed her. She must have got pre-occupied by the announcement and the girl who had approached. A cheerleader.

Neil listened as she stepped forward, claiming to know a little about electronics, and wanting to take a look at the collar. Neil felt special at this point. He felt special because here he was, working on a plan to escape. Was any other group doing this? Hopefully. They could meet up. They could work plans together.

Maybe Neil could find Evan again. Maybe he could sing the song he and Ric sang to Danya to Danya himself.

All those thoughts swam in his mind as he listened to Khrysta, who was obviously the leader of the group he stumbled upon, warning the girl that she could end up missing her hand if something went wrong. The girl knelt down and appeared to be looking at the collar, and Neil watched intently, before he knew it though, she had sprung up, a knife in her hand, thrusting it up towards Khrysta.

Corbin had been watching the whole situation, his M16 pointed down, his finger resting on the trigger just in case. He was in essence a trusting person, but if Khrysta and the game had taught him one thing over the past three days, it was that trust would get you killed. So Corbin was learning how to play by the rules, and he watched interested as the cheerleader knelt down to examine the collar.

Corbin was surprised Khrysta was opening up so much to all the newcomers. She had been so cold before, but she was seeming to warm up more to the idea of people. Maybe it was the fact that Paul left them, or maybe she was just having a change of heart. Either way, Corbin liked the new Khrysta. She wasn't such an ice queen.

Corbin was taken off guard when Jodene jumped up, all of a sudden having a knife in her hand. He watched as the knife was thrust upwards toward Khrysta, and Corbin immediately swung his M16 up aiming at Jodene, though he didn't take a shot because of the closeness between her and Khrysta.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

DTA. Don't trust anybody.

It was more than a campy catchphrase coined by wrestling icon Stone Cold Steve Austin. In Survival of the Fittest, the phrase "Don't Trust Anybody" summed up the majority of the game. In a game where killing is the objective, trusting the people around you is suicide, even more so when those people are classmates that you're barely acquainted with.

The problem with trusting others is that you never know what the other person is thinking. The most sniveling idiot could be a genius-in-disguise, and the mousiest girl in school could be the siren leading dozens of other students to their dooms.

Khrysta Lawrence had never been the type of person to put blind trust in other people, and for good reason. They'd never done anything to be trustworthy. Here and now, even with all the people she had surrounded herself with, she still didn't trust any of them... not fully.

One stone-sealed fact about Survival of the Fittest is that everybody, without exception, wants to be the winner. They want to be the one to go home, whether they can escape or have to kill everybody else on the playing field to do it. For that reason, in a game like this, nobody could be trusted fully.

Despite knowing that, Khrysta had let herself become surrounded with people. It was a gradual occurance. In fact, when she'd first run into Corbin Arlen back at the jailhouse, the only reason she didn't ditch him altogether was because he had an assault rifle. That, and he seemed compliant.

Since then, she'd been in control. She'd been "the leader", so to speak. And since then, things had been fine... at least, until they'd run into Mary McKay at the airfield. That was the first instance in the game where Khrysta had done something that could be labelled as truly foolish.

She had run out in the middle of a fight in some vain attempt to distract Dan Wolfe from attacking her very pregnant classmate. At that moment, she'd made Mary her responsibility. She had saved her life, and since then, Khrysta had felt some sort of obligation to protect the other girl.

Things just seemed to go downhill from there. Paul Smith had shown up soon after, much to Khrysta's chagrin, and had only earned his place within the group when he eliminated Adwin Green, who had come out of virtually nowhere and tried to attack Corbin.

Khrysta supposed that was around the time things started to go wrong. When she saved Mary, she had put obligations on herself. You can't "win" SOTF by protecting somebody. To win, everyone around you has to be dead, and it doesn't work when you're trying to save someone else. In the end, the winner of SOTF is whoever the most selfish person -- the person who's willing to let everyone around them die -- turns out to be.

Khrysta might not have been the most empathetic person on the planet. In fact, she'd earned the nickname "Ice Queen" around school for her stoic attitude toward her classmates. But, the fact remained, Khrysta was not inhuman.

So somehow, even though she knew from the beginning that in a game like this, groups were a bad idea, by some twisted sort of circumstance, she herself had wound up the leader of such a group, and they had quickly gained numbers.

Even after Paul had departed, they'd gained three more members in Neil, Matt and Jodene. Despite the fact that Khrysta wanted to believe their group was capable of escaping, she knew better. Inevitably, something would happen.

She just didn't expect it to be so soon.

She barely even saw the move coming when Jodene lunged her knife up toward Khrysta's neck in one fell swoop. Khrysta had underestimated the classmates around her and had somehow thought them all incapable of deceit.

It had never crossed her mind that any one member of the group could be lying. Her foolishness would cause her to meet her end. All Khrysta could do as Jodene's knife connected with her throat was try to roll away, a move that in retrospect only made things far, far worse.

As she moved away, not only did the knife puncture her neck but it slid across her throat, leaving a large, gaping wound in its wake. Khrysta let out a slight gurgle and instinctively reached her hands up to her neck, only to pull them away quickly and find them painted a deep, dark crimson color. The blood seemed to ooze out from the wound, drenching the front of her t-shirt as it poured down her neck.

You fool...

Her body, which had been kneeled down on her knees a few moments beforehand, slumped to the side and landed in the grass next to Rebbecca's corpse. Khrysta's ice blue eyes seemed to be fading into dull, lifeless orbs, and quickly. The blood loss from her wound was simply too much, and it was something she was incapable of surviving. Her blurry vision moved toward her allies for an instant, and she couldn't help but laugh inwardly at the ludicrousness of it all.

---

"Hey."

The masculine voice seemed to echo out throughout the silence of the beach. Khrysta had been sitting on the boardwalk bench for a while now, her gaze fixated on the ocean that stretched out beyond the shoreline. The area was unusually empty, probably because of the odd time of night. It was nearing 10:30, so by now, most of the people had already cleared out. The dark-haired, tanned boy that approached her wore a goofy grin on his face as he hopped over the railing to sit down beside her.

"Hey," she responded with half a smile, her eyes moving back out toward the sea.

"So, you didn't tell me tonight was prom night," the boy -- Cody -- mused with the same dopey grin.

"'Cause I didn't want to go," Khrysta responded with a slight shrug, "I don't see the point of some stupid school dance."

She turned away from him slightly and brushed a stray strand of hair out of her face. She didn't exactly want to talk about prom night, but by some turn of fate, the conversation had come up almost instantly. The fact was, she was going to ask him to go, but she was afraid he'd shoot down the opportunity to go to a high school prom.

"Really?" Cody offered up with a shrug, "I mean, maybe it is stupid, but... it's for the memories, you know?"

"Hm," Khrysta responded.

"I mean, do you have any good memories of school?" Cody inquired.

"Not particularly," she responded, "The best memory I'll have of that place is it being over."

"It can't be that bad," Cody grinned, "You're a pretty girl, s'not like they should be givin' you problems or anything."

"It's not that," Khrysta responded quietly.

"So what is it?" Cody inquired.

"I don't know, really," Khrysta responded, taking a stand and turning to face her companion, "I doubt you'd get it anyway. You were Mr. Popularity in school."

"Nah," Cody responded quietly, "I just did my thing. But you know, I've got good memories of the place. Times with friends an' stuff like that."

"Like prom?" Khrysta inquired with a faint smile.

"... Nah. Prom was awful," Cody replied sheepishly before bursting into a smile again.

"Ah-ha," Khrysta blurted out, smiling despite herself," So the truth comes out!"

"Maybe so, but you still should've went. I bet you would've looked pretty."

"Whatever," Khrysta responded defensively, "So, Mr. Rockwell... what do you suggest we do for the rest of the night?"

She had barely gotten the words out of her mouth before she felt a light tap on the back of her shoulders... just enough to cause her to stumble forward a few feet into the surf and fall to her knees, effectively soaking her jeans. The move caught Khrysta completely offguard, so after sitting there, drenched in water and completely stunned for a few moments, she did the only thing humanly possible at that point. She grabbed his leg and knocked him down as well.

---

It was funny to think of prom night during what would most assuredly be her final few moments alive, but when the memory ran through her mind, Khrysta smiled. That had been the last time up until now that she had smiled and laughed, the last time that she felt like she wasn't just going through the motions and falling into some boring routine.

The happy memory soon brought on sad thoughts, as well, like the fact that she'd never see her parents, her dogs, or Cody again. Khrysta closed her eyes for what would be the final time and exhaled as she finally succumbed to blood loss.

FEMALE STUDENT NO. 17 - KHRYSTA LAWRENCE - DECEASED
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

I'll follow you.

No matter what, I'm with you.

Those were thoughts that had been through Corbin's mind throughout the three days here on the island. He would follow Khrysta to the end. She was his leader, the girl that kept him alive. He protected her with his gun, she protected him with her sense. None of this made sense. Throughout the three days, it was like his life was a rubix cube. Slowly solving itself.

He thought it was close to being solved when they had talked about escape. Now it was messed up again. Red mixed with green. Yellow thrown together with blue. He wanted to cheat. He wanted to take the stickers off each block and put them together how they should be. That's how he beat the cube back at home.

Though now, here, there was no cheating. It was like whenever there was a glimpse of hope, there had to be sadness to counteract that feeling.

Yin and Yang.

There could be no happiness without sadness here. No life without death.

Corbin watched as the knife made contact with Khrysta. If Paul was here, this would be ok. If Paul was here, he'd help them.

Paul wasn't here though. Corbin was the only one who could help. He was standing close to Khrysta when the action came, he was close enough to see how serious it was, he was within what, 20, 10, 5 feet from the action? He saw Khrysta on the ground, blood everywhere, and as soon as she was down, Corbin did the only thing he could. He did the thing he questioned his ability to do.

He did the thing back at the jailhouse, Khrysta, who was now on the ground dying, asked him if he could do.

When the time came, could he pull the trigger? Could he be a protector?

Yes.

Corbin had already had his M16 aimed at Jodene, and the moment Khrysta went down, he felt his finger pull the trigger. He wasn't prepared for the kick that came but he managed to keep his gun as steady as he could, as he let out a spray in Jodene's direction. Bullet after bullet after bullet leaving the chamber after one target.

Corbin screamed the whole time. The anger and hatred showing in his primal roar.

The whole event took place so fast, that Neil Sinclair did the only thing he could do, he took a step back and ducked at the sound of the assault rifle, and watched as the scene continued to unfold in front of him.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

It all happened so quickly, Mary barely had time to register much of anything at all. One moment, Khrysta had been issuing orders to the group, in control of the situation and ready to find a way out of this mess, and the next...

...there was blood, everywhere. Khrysta lay on the ground, throat cut, her blood spilling all over the ground in front of her, all over the body that her and that new girl were leaning over. Before she even had a chance to say or do anything, Khrysta was dead, and Corbin (whom she'd figured for a gentle, placid kind of guy) was screaming in fury and opening up with the assault rifle on the general positioning of both bodies and Khrysta's killer.

It all seemed to happen so fast, and Mary could do nothing except stumble back out of the way of the exploding shell casings from Corbin's gun, amazed that some people were embracing the game so much.

Khrysta's dead...

Everything seemed to be in slow motion now, and she could only watch as the scene set itself out, the bullets whizzed towards the bodies; a small part of Mary hoping that Corbin's shots would avenge her fallen friend.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin Arlen continued to watch as the bullets he set free from his M16 headed towards their target, Jodene. Every ounce in him wanted each bullet to hit her, and bring with it an agonizing pain. He wanted them to rip through her, shred her to pieces. He wanted her to suffer for what she did to Khrysta.

While all this went on, Neil Sinclair continued to watch, waiting to see what happened.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Matt watched in horror as Jodene slashed Khrysta's throat without a second thought. Why on earthy was this happening? Matt was at a loss for words. He looked at Neil, who was as stunned as Matt himself. The Ice queen had just been killed before their very eyes. It was like everything had just come crashing down. Matt wanted to scream.

The sound of the influx of bullets mad him jump back in shock. He watched as Corbin screamed bloody murder and hoped to see Jodene full of bullet holes.

'It's not right... we had a plan... everything was supposed to be okay...'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((As per Lucid's computer issues that Meg has explained to me, I'm going to go ahead and take control of Jodene so this thread will ...y'know, move along a little bit.))

Everything happened so quickly that Jodene almost didn't move and got shot up by hundreds of bullets that seemed to spew her way. The blood that spilled out of Khrysta seemed to just pour out everywhere, and she hadn't recalled seeing so much blood before in her entire life. For a moment she stood, as shocked as anyone that she'd done what she had, but in the next second her mind screamed at her to get moving, because the others likely wouldn't be too happy with it either.

Her intuition would prove to be right.

Corbin's outburst and spastic gunfire came dangerously close to felling Jodene where she stood, but she simply threw herself to the ground to avoid the barrage that came her way, only partially successful as a bullet pierced her through the calf, causing her to cry out in agony and race towards the trees, attempting to get out as fast as possible. With her wound, it would be difficult, but amidst much pain, Jodene managed to reach the trees and take off limping away from the area.

((Jodene continued in The Pretender))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Corbin knew he hit the girl, but she got away. She escaped. She was free. She killed Khrysta and left. This shouldn't be happening. It shouldn't. Corbin felt rage. It started to rain. The storm that had been brewing finally let loose. The rain fell hard, stinging as it hit. Corbin lifted his head towards the sky that seemed to be crying, and screamed. At first it was a scream of rage. Anger. Hatred. Then it was an agonizing scream of pain. Loss. Suffering.

Tears fell from Corbin's eyes, blended in with the rain. He sank to his knees, his M16 falling to the ground in front of him. He let it all go as he sobbed over Khrysta's corpse. He reached out to touch her arm. Through his tears he managed to speak to her.

"I'm so sorry."

"I should have protected you."

Corbin covered his face with his hands to wipe away his tears, and the rain from his face. It was to no avail though. He knew he was getting soaked. He was already wet. It didn't matter anymore.

"I pulled the trigger Khrysta. I pulled the trigger like I said I would. I got her. She got away, but I know I hit her."

Corbin slowly stood up, picking up his assault rifle. He slung it over his shoulder and looked at the two boys and the pregnant girl who stood before him.

"We can't just leave her her. We have to do something, you know?"

Corbin's mind raced for options. Though he knew they couldn't bury her. They couldn't do anything but say some words for her.

"I don't know...we just...I..." Corbin looked at the group, and he knew he had to be strong. He was Corbin Arlen. He was the school's radio DJ. He was the one voted most likely to succeed in Hollywood. His movies were famous around school. He couldn't just give up now. This was a reason to keep going. Beat the game. Escape. Just like Khrysta wanted.

Survive.

Neil Sinclair thought everything went by in sort of a blur. One moment Khrysta was bleeding and on the ground, and the next moment Corbin was shooting his M16 at Jodene as she limped away to safety.

Neil Sinclair then watched as Corbin fell to the ground, and said words which were barely audible because of the storm over Khrysta's body. The next moment he was standing up, looking at the rest of them.

The rest of them. What would they do? What could they do? This proved more than anything this game was real. People were willing to play this game. People were killing. There was no way to just survive. The way Neil saw it, they had two options. They could all just keep on "surviving" and die off one by one. Or they could give a big "Fuck you!" to Danya and try to pull off the escape plan.

Neil looked at his notebook which lay on the ground, the one Khrysta never had the chance to read. It was soaked now. It was his last notebook too. He didn't care anymore. If Danya or any of the terrorists heard him, it didn't matter. They could hear him all they wanted. It wouldn't affect his plan. SADD would get off this island.

Neil shouted over the rain, "I know a way to get off this island!"

He looked at Matt. His eyes then fell on the pregnant girl. Mary. Then they rested on Corbin.

"We can find others! We can gather the firepower we need!"

Neil paused for a moment and shivered in the rain.

"I'm fucking Neil Sinclair and I'm the leader of god damn SADD!"

The rain continued to fall. Hard. He felt the adrenaline rising in him.

"We can smash every camera we find! Every single camera! What's Danya gonna do? He's gonna have to send people here to fix those cameras. That's when we kill them. Take one hostage. Get these collars off. Get off this island. And I got a special song to sing to Danya."

Neil though of Evan and Ric. Evan could still be alive somewhere.

That's when the announcement kicked to life. The voice of someone who wasn't Danya went on and named names. One of them being Khrysta. When the danger zones were announced, and the area they were in not being one of them, Neil took a breath and said to Corbin and Mary, "Are you in or are you out?"

Corbin couldn't believe what he was hearing. An actual plan. A real chance to get off this island. It's what Khrysta would have wanted. They can get other people. This is it. This is his chance. He looked at Mary and said, "I'm going to protect Mary no matter what. If she wants to do this, I'm in."

The rain continued to fall.

Return to “Sea Cliffs”