This is SO not what I had in mind

Matthew's contempt

The southeastern part of the island is covered in a dense, dark forest. Somewhere within the forest, a tree fort once belonging to a young child has been erected within the trees. Don't let your guard down here, there's no telling who's hiding in the nearby bushes waiting to strike.
Xaldien†

This is SO not what I had in mind

Post by Xaldien† »

Since he arrived here, Matthew has done nothing but cry, complain, and bitch about how he wished he were home, instead of... here... wherever here is.

The firearm that he was given was big, heavy, and sorta shiny... that's all he thought of it really, since he had no idea how to measure a gun's worth, since he never really held one before...

Except for that one time...

He thought of aiming the gun at his head a few times, it wouldn't be the first time.

But enough of these idle thoughts, he needed to find someplace to crash, because this pig sty certainly was going to cut it for this little rich boy.

Tired. Utterly tired.
He decided that it wasn't worth it to go out and find someplace.
"What's worse... sleeping here, or being killed?"

Amazing that he has to think about this, but he decided to instead rest up for a while.

If I'm lucky, someone will pick me off in my sleep
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Pain.
Death.
Murder.
Betrayel.
Hatred.
Insanity.

Thoughts of these plagued Matt's mind as he tried to rest his eyes.
He held the gun that he was given in his hand, almost as if he was ten years old, and it was his security blanket.
He wanted to die, but at the same time he didn't.
He didn't want to live if it meant having to kill others, but he also didn't want to die some horrible death.

Why couldn't he just be at school, running the track, failing a class, or something else, other than being terrified of how his life is forfeit.

The silence of the forest, sometimes interrupted by the whistling of the wind kept him on edge, looking around, frantically, worried that someone would be after him, like the boogeyman that he hid from as a kid.

There's always something behind that closet, and same applies here, anything is behind the trees. Just waiting for you.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Xaldien, PLEASE refrain from double-posting in a topic. If you want to write something long-ish, please keep it to one post. Thanks.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
lovebirdjo†

Post by lovebirdjo† »

A forest. Oh joy. That's where one Alice Nichols had found herself this morning. She had been literally surrounded by trees. Ridiculously so. In fact, she was surrounded by them at this very moment. She was lucky to have a flashlight, which she carried in one hand, and her assigned weapon, a frisbee, which she carried in the other. She had whittled away the day reading the manual and making sure everything was sorted with her belongings. She had only brought a purse along with her, and early on she had looked in the mirror to assure nothing had been damaged. The raven haired girl was her plain, ugly self alright. Maybe she had hoped something would change. Maybe she was hoping for some slight difference for the better. Bah! That was ridiculous. Now, though, the girl stood in the dark of the night. She couldn't see her yellow-tinted skin very well; not that she was really trying. It was important that she find somone that she knew. If Alice was there because of Bathurst, it was only rational to assume that everyone would be there that was involved. The ebon-locked female heard a twig snap somewhere, but couldn't really place the exact location of the noise. Curious, she moved quietly toward where she thought it had come from, turning off her flashlight as she did so. The girl started to hear sounds that resembled crying. So... someone was just waiting to be picked off? How pathetic. Not that she was planning on killing someone, though. After all, what could she do besides have someone play fetch to death? Smirking slightly, Alice decided to have a closer look.

The boy was standing, the Asian mix assumed. How else would he be that tall? In the dark, Alice wasn't able to get much of a picture, especially since the only light that she had was that of Luna hanging in the sky casting her gaze through the trees. It was a pretty night, all in all, but one wasted when she had noone to spend it with. This boy would do. At least, he might. Unconsciously thinking about sex, Alice accidentally stepped on a rather large branch on the ground. Cringing, there was only one thought that filled her brain as she waited to see if the boy in the trees noticed her standing there. 'Oh shit.'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler lovebirdjo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Matthew's paranoia was starting to settle down. So far no one has come by and tried to kill him, so that has to count for something.

But just when he thought that his mind could be put at ease, he heard the snapping of a twig.
In the same time that it took his mind to repeat the phrase ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit he drew the gun that he was given to the best of his ability, which should be good enough with the instructions given.

"Who's there," he asked, realizing the first rule of a horror movie, 'never ask who's there'.

He sure as hell felt like he was in one of those situations.
lovebirdjo†

Post by lovebirdjo† »

The cracking of the branch was miniscule in sound, but obviously this boy was capable of hearing the smallest things during his nervousness. Alice heard the boy speak very nervously. "Who's there?" Oh yea, like someone's simply going to say their name. It was apparent that she should just attempt to ally up with this boy, but the fear of both rejection and death kept her from her normal decisiveness. 'Should I talk to him? I wonder if he's friendly enough not to attack on sight. That gun looks pretty damn powerful.' she thought, aware of both the firearm and his height. Two very substantial threats when comparing her weapon and figure. Alice was very vertically challenged. It was competely noticeable. Also, what good was her frisbee going to do her against a gun? Shit. She finally decided to just accept whatever consequences reaped from talking to the boy. Approaching quietly, the raven-haired female moved forward towards the tall male in between the trees. Nervous as hell, the Asian girl tried her best to remain calm in the dark.

Gathering a shaky breath, Alice spoke as calmly as possible to the boy standing stiffly a few yards away. "Umm... h-hi. I'm A-Alice. Alice Nichols. I won't hurt you. A-After all, I don't have anything that could do any damage, anyway." At the last bit, she held up the bright yellow frisbee for visual effect. Smiling as best she could, the girl awaited his reply and drew in a breath.

((Continued in Station of the Cross))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler lovebirdjo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Matthew started laughing hysterically.
The girl was pretty cute, but the site of a girl with a huge smile on her face, while holding up a frisbee was hilarious.
Even more so was the thought that that frisbee might be her weapon.

"Call me crazy, but your frisbee makes me laugh, oh so much."

He put the gun down, finally feeling somewhat relieved.
"Sorry about that... I'm just rather shaky, and I feel I'm not the only one around here... my name's Matthew."

He held his hand out sincerely, waiting for a handshake, and his trademark Cute Smile (Copyright Matthew Lafferty) shining on his face.

((Continued in Fighting for Something You Already Lost))

Return to “The Forest”