Feeling Kind of Anxious

Boy #159 gets underway

To the South of the mansion lies another small area of cliffs, again caused through natural erosion. Perhaps viewed as an eyesore or danger to children, the cliffs here have been tastefully cordoned off by a low chain fence, though it is only waist height.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

There was one person he wanted to find. He was keeping that to himself though. He wasn't sure what it could hurt for anybody to know who he was looking for, but he knew that he was being watched. He would only say what he wanted Danya to hear. Instead of volunteering information about his relationships, he busied himself with studying the Violetta's collar.

"The design is good. It would most likely be quite difficult to remove without setting off the bomb inside. It's not a bluff either. These things will explode if you cause trouble, or get caught in a forbidden zone. I'm guessing we'd have to somehow get to the main computer to get them off."

In truth, the collars could probably be disabled and removed if he had a transistor radio and the schematics for the collars, but even if he could find and dismantle a radio, there was almost no chance of getting the plans to collars. To access remotely he'd need a computer, a power source, and some way to access the internet. And a hacker. Software was not Owen's area of expertise.

In all reality, the most likely way off this island is to play the game, and win. They've done this before. They know all the tricks. We're all fucked, and I think we all know it. Just nobody wants to admit it yet.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Trent shifted uncomfortably. Fuckin' terrorists. Of course they'd done this before. They'd probably gone through so many different combinations of collar designs and danger zone setups and all that crap, he knew that the odds one of them finding some sort of weakness in the design was nearly infintessimal. It was like jail, it really was. Except in jail, they give you a decent meal, and they don't threaten to blow your head off if you go in the wrong room.

Nah, they just threaten to shoot you, instead. Much better.

Scratching his beard again, Trent didn't like how things were shaping up. His two newfound allies seemed to be decent people - Jane was far more of a talker than the other guy, whose name Trent still didn't know, but they both seemed grounded. People would need to be grounded if they wanted to stand any kind of a chance of living past day one. If they wanted to avoid ending up like cliff-boy down there.

He shuddered. The thought hadn't really occurred to him that people would be so zealous towards killing - it was disturbing, to say the least. Having a history like his didn't lend well to that sort of idea. Instantly, Trent found himself wanting to get away from the corpse that probably lay at the bottom of the cliff. Away from the presence of death.

"Okay, gotchya. Samantha Ridley, blonde chick, and Cyrille, of course. I'm not really set on seeing anyone in particular - nobody who comes to mind, anyhow. So if we wanna find these girls...look, you know 'em best. Where would they go if they were freaked out and looking to meet up with their friends?"

He glanced back at the cliff face.

"I think we should start figuring out where to go next, because...well, I'm pretty sure I just saw a kid get tossed off a cliff, and to be honest, I'd like to get the fuck out of here!"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
ChetV†

Post by ChetV† »

((B154 - Johnathan McDowell START))

Uh... what?

Johnny slowly sat up, rubbing his head in confusion. How long was I out...? Johnny's vision was slightly blurry and couldn't focus on his environment for the moment. "Hey Michelle, I had the weirdest dream... something about a kidnapping. How long was I asleep?" He waited for a few seconds and received no response. "Uh...Michelle?" Once again, no response. Johnny thought she was still asleep, so he reached over, trying to shake her and get her to wake up. It didn't matter how far he extended his arm, he couldn't reach Michelle. He quickly rubbed his eyes and looked around carefully.

Where the hell am I?

He only saw a fence by his feet and ground all around him. He looked to the direction he was extending his arm. Michelle wasn't there, instead there were two bags. "Why are these bags her-" Although he didn't it to happen, things started to make sense. "It... wasn't a dream?" He tried to remember what was said in the introduction but couldn't quite remember much. He touched his neck, feeling the metal collar that was placed on him. All he knew was that trying to tamper with it would result in something bad, so he left it alone. Now realizing the bitter reality, a sign of despair appeared on his face.

On the bus he didn't have the guts to ask her out, and now they're stuck on an island where only one survives. "I'm such an idiot..." Johnny had a hard time pulling back the tears that forming, but he was able to manage. He pulled one of the bags, the one marked B154, towards him and looked inside. He found several supplies that could turn out useful. The one that caught his eye was a box. He tried to open it and noticed the ballerina inside. He chuckled a bit, "Heh, they want me to kill with this?" He promptly returned the box back into the bag.

He looked up again and tried to see if anyone was around. He noticed three people further down, although he couldn't tell if they were amiable or not. He decided the only way to do so was to go down there and meet them. As he got closer towards them, immediately recognized one of them. It was Trent Hunter, a member of the school's hockey team and a candidate for the school council. The other two he had seen around school, but didn't know them well. At least they seem friendly... maybe they've seen Michelle anywhere. He hurried over, with a small bit of hope, now seeing that they were planning to leave.

"Hey Trent wait up!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ChetV. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

"Yeah...I don't think it's possible to really tamper with these things here..." Violetta said bitterly, tapping the hard metal with a finger and hoping that didn't cause it to suddenly explode. Her head stayed right where it was and she shrugged, leaving it alone lest she really do something stupid. Still...they had hope and there was always a chance that they'd find a way to disable the damn things. As long as there was at least minuscule possibility...she kept that thought in mind as she shifted the bags on her shoulders. The two boys she had met...Trent and the other guy, seemed like good enough people and they weren't acting crazy, which was always a plus. Then again, if you actually were playing the game, you'd just lie about playing anyway until the truth came out. 'I'm overthinking things again...I just have to go with the flow and let my instincts guide me. If I do that...hopefully they won't steer me wrong.'

"Hey, thanks a lot." Violetta offered Trent a quick smile. "As for where they'd go...honestly, I'm not too sure. If this was back in Bayview, I could name their favorite haunts, but in an unknown island? No freaking clue. Cyrille'd probably find some place to hole up...I don't think she'd be that keen on exploring the landscape and getting into danger. Samantha...um...she's pretty driven, so she'd definitely go trekking, but...no real clues about where she'd go. Perhaps we'll get lucky and run into them, right?"

She took in a breath, really wishing she had something like psychic powers that she could use to pinpoint their locations. Life really wasn't fair sometimes. And what Trent said about a kid being tossed over a cliff really freaked her out too. She remembered something from the last game...where one of the players had an astounding amount of kills near cliffs. She really didn't want that to happen to her and she echoed Trent's sentiment. "Yeah, uh...let's get outta here."

She would have left, too, if it wasn't for someone shouting at them. Turning, she saw another boy running towards him. It sounded like he knew Trent, so Violetta decided to stay and wait to see what was going to happen.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

Owen turned his head to see a boy running to join them. He was probably okay, so Owen didn't worry too much about it. He was pretty sure he didn't know him, but he might be useful.

"Yeah. We can think about that later. I'm guessing we'll be here for a few days. I think we should take today to get our bearings and find a clean water source. Things are going to get crazy later, especially when our water runs out. If we can not fight over supplies, we might get out of this alive."

Owen thought for a moment and pulled out his map.

"Okay, we'll be at the southern cliffs. We can go a few places from here. What do you guys think?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ChetV†

Post by ChetV† »

((Skipping Korazon to avoid inactivity))

Johnny was able to catch up to the group of three. It seems like they had a worried look on their faces. Well of course anyone would be worried if they were stuck on an island and forced to kill each other. Johnny was contemplating what to say to them, but no words came to mind. "Well... how is everyone?" He didn't really have a way to start a good conversation, but it was worth a shot at breaking the ice. Johnny scratched his head and looked around.

"What the heck?"

Johnny noticed the dead body impaled by the fence. He winced as he asked, "What happened to that guy?" Did they kill him? Did he do it himself? More importantly, people actually started playing? These were all questions that came to mind while looking at the corpse. They didn't seem aggressive, and they had no blood on themselves, so the likeliness was low. Johnny tried to avoid looking at the corpse and awaited for the answers to his questions.

"Oh, by the way, the name's Johnny."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ChetV. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

Violetta nodded at Owen, giving him a slight shrug and smile. "Sounds good to me. See anything like a lake or even a river on that map? Someplace that's hopefully defendable too...I don't think we'll be the only ones with that sort of idea. Honestly, I haven't taken that big of a look at the map itself, but wasn't there like...a town center or something around? Maybe they've got something of use."

She turned her head slightly to glance at Johnny and gave him a shrug as well. "I just woke up recently myself, so I don't know what the hell's been going on here. All I want is to get outta here, find my girlfriend, and kick Danya in the ass so hard his descendants have colon problems."

"Name's Jane. Nice to meet ya."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Tythanin. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

((Oops, forgot post order.))

Owen shook his head. "I didn't see it, but when you see somebody dead here, it's best to assume somebody killed them. Some of us are playing the game."

Owen had another look at the map and shook his head. "No lakes, the beaches are on the ocean. I don't see rivers either, but if there's wildlife on the island then we'll find water somehow. There are probably a few streams in the woods, and we might find a well in town. With water though we'll need to find some way to purify it. Either boiling or if we can get our hands on some iodine or ethyl. The clinic would probably have some of that."

He thought for a moment more before going through possible options aloud. "So there's the town center, the infirmary, and the residential area that could potentially be useful. If we're just looking for a place to hole up, there's also a chapel and an abandoned carnival. The town might be the most useful, but it's possible that people will be flocking there as well. Wherever we go, we must be cautious."
Tythanin†

Post by Tythanin† »

(OOC: Yeah, I can't wait anymore, unfortunately. I've gotta get Violetta outta here.)

"Hmm...those all sound kind of good, but..." She looked around, shivering a bit as she thought of one of her fellow classmates being impaled on the fence near them. There was a brief flash where she imagined Cyrille on there, blood pouring out of her body and she paled, quickly rubbing her eyes as she tried to shut out the sight. Taking in a couple of deep breaths to calm down her pounding heart, she gave a nod towards Owen. "Uh...let's try going for the town, then. If there are other people, we'll just have to be careful, right? I've got no plans on getting shot by some asshole who decided to play."

"Anyway, we probably should just get going...I don't want to stay in one place too long." She flashed Owen a brief smile before taking out her own map and going towards what she hoped would be the city. "I'll see you there!"

(Violetta Lindsberg continued in Penny For Your Thoughts?.)
ChetV†

Post by ChetV† »

"Uh...let's try going for the town, then. If there are other people, we'll just have to be careful, right? I've got no plans on getting shot by some asshole who decided to play."

Johnny shrugged and agreed with "Jane". He didn't think staying in one spot for too long was a smart choice. The people he was with at the moment also had no intention of playing either, so he felt comfortable around them. "I guess we should get going... time's a wastin'." Johnny picked up his bag and placed it over his shoulder. "Jane" seemed to have an idea of where she was going so he started to follow her. He didn't what Trent and the other guy was going to do, hopefully they would follow as well.

He had forgotten his second bag.

((Johnny continued in Can't I Just Die A Disney Death?.))
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

Owen shrugged and decided to follow along, picking up the forgotten bag. It occurred to him that he could just walk off with it.Whatever it held would be helpful. He'd be off to town anyhow. If he ran into Johnny that was how it was. If not, free bag. He'd have a look in it later to see what was inside of it if he didn't see the boy.

"I'll be headed that way too. Don't stay here too long. Probably wouldn't be good on your mind."

((Owen Rothschild continued in Fountain of Youth))
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Things were moving far too fast for Trent to comprehend. The fact was, he needed to get away - and quickly. He had to get somewhere to clear his head; plan his next move. To do otherwise would likely be fatal.

((Trent continued elsehwere))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

For the next three days, Trent wandered the island, but was unable to get a clear picture. He couldn't think up a plan. He couldn't even bring himself to approach other students, not after what he had seen. The corpse of Eric was the first body Trent encountered, but not the last. If people were so easily broken, so quick to mistrust even some of the more innocent members of their class, then what chance would someone with a reputation like his have?

The first time he managed to feel any hope was when the surprise announcement came on. So, someone had managed to fuck up the terrorists' day after all. There was something they hadn't anticipated, something that had put them into a panic. Something that had them actually resorting to threatening and cajoling. If something could be exploited once, surely it could happen again. Maybe this Polanski girl would be able to save others, would be able to get enough of them free to actually challenge Danya and company. Maybe she could somehow break all the cameras.

Trent started moving with a purpose again. He had a plan now. Just had to gather some trustworthy people together, people who would actually give him a chance. Then, they'd do their best to throw a wrench into the machine that was SOTF. They'd tear this program to pieces.

When another announcement came, Trent was at first thrilled. The girl was still out there, still making trouble. But it seemed Danya wasn't going to let her go so easily. He started blowing collars. Lucy something. Alex Rasputin, one of the killers.

Boom.

By the time Trent's name was called, he was beyond the point of hearing.

B149: Trent Hunter ELIMINATED

Return to “Southern Cliffs”