The Afterlife

...a satire of sorts...

This board contains out-of-character discussion from and about the V1 era, as well as the non-canon V1 RPs.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

The death of David had been one thing that took Hawley’s attention off of Elise, seeing a person he had traveled with for a good while… lying on the ground in a forming pool of his own blood. While his killed Jacob Starr wondered away as if he had just popped a balloon, and not ended someone’s life.

But attention changed once more when the crashing of a table, and yelling sent him glancing over the couch back to the area he had been sitting in. Both of the young men’s eyes glued onto one of the televisions, as Andrew began cursing and pointing at the television.

Hawley himself was quite unsure of what was happening until he heard a chair be knocked to the ground, and a blur of the figure that was Nanami rushing toward where the boy’s stood… falling to her knees, and gasping as she covered her mouth as questions began to arise…

What's he going to do with her?
Why is he...?
No, not Madelaine!

It’s funny… how a simple thing, like a name in a situation of what was happening, can make a wave of emotions wash over someone and strike the worst thoughts, and the darkest of fears into a person’s heart. And without a second thought to it found himself rushing onto his feet and toward where the small group stood.

It was the hardest, yet simplest thing Hawley had found himself confronting on the island – that being the amount of emotion he found he showed for the other girl. At first he figured himself for just getting sick, face heating up, light-headed… the such… though the more it had happened, the less he found himself being able to convince himself that it was indeed sickness.

After the shoot out at the hospital was the first time he had ever… really found himself admitting that he did have a crush on her. Though at that time, that was about the silliest thing… and pushed everything back as far as he could into the back of his mind, but it all came rushing back when she killed Nanami… and then even when he was dying he couldn’t look her in the eye.

Halting in his steps as the television came into view, he couldn’t quite figure as to what he was watching… before it was clear that there were the movements of another body under the male’s. He had hated people in his past, hated enough to kill… but it was for stupid reasons. Though at this point, he wished he were still alive…

As to try and stop this from happening now, and unlike all his kills in the past. He wouldn’t find himself regretting it or thinking second thoughts on it in the future, returning his eyes to the television Hawley found he only able to watch a mere minute of it. Before he found himself turning and throwing a fist at the pooltable top he stood near, though there wasn’t any pain he highly doubted he would have cared at this point…

‘I’ve never felt so worthless… damn it… she doesn’t deserve something like this, she doesn’t deserve this and we can’t do anything about it.’
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

"N-no...."

The image that revealed what had unfolded on the island burned into Nanami's mind relentlessly, sending her reeling in a frozen state of shock and terror. Her skin paled, and her small, petite form shook as she stared into the TV screen, watching her friend suffer at the hands of this monster...who could possibly do such a thing, without any remorse at all? Was he even human? No human could possibly do that without feeling a shred of guilt...

At the sight of blood gushing from Madelaine's neck, Nanami finally decided that enough was enough. She couldn't bear to watch any more of the torment Madelaine was going through...this was too much. This was far too much. Madelaine did nothing to deserve this. Nothing! And the very fact that this person was enjoying himself, making her suffer like this...

"M-Madelaine...."

Pale hands pressed against Nanami's face as a choked cry emitted from her throat. The world was so cruel...and there was nothing Nanami could do to help Madelaine now.

The stretch of silence that fell throughout the interior of the bar was suddenly interrupted by the distinct creak of the nearby door giving way to let a small figure through. Still pale with anguish, Nanami turned to look towards the entrance apprehensively, though she already knew who had just entered.

The trembling form of Madelaine Shirohara staggered into the bar, nearly falling upon the floor, as though she was either wounded or about to faint. Upon entering the building, she was wearing her uniform, now completely intact. There was no stain, no blood, no mark to serve as evidence of what she had gone through during the last few minutes of her natural life. With her head bowed over, soft locks of hair falling about her face concealed her expression. A low gasp could be heard over the silence from where she was now standing, shoulders hunched over her shaking form.

It was then that Nanami stood up, her own form trembling, making her way over to Madelaine Shirohara with a pained expression of what might have been grief or remorse on her face. As she approached the other girl, Nanami hesitated, feeling tentative, before coming to a stop completely, right in front of Madelaine. Her lower lip was trembling.

As for Madelaine...even with the heart of a writer, there were no words to describe how she felt right now. Her form suddenly uncurled, and she raised her face...

Her expression was serene, melting into warmth as her lips curved into a gentle, yet brilliant smile. She stood tall, with her stately chin tilted slightly upwards characteristically. She was herself again, pure and whole. Everything that had happened to her only moments before now seemed distant and far away, as though it was almost unimportant. Even the fact that she was now dead seemed unimportant to her. But that was Madelaine all over. She always decided for herself what was important, and, no matter how small it seemed, held onto it with all her strength.

Because, after all...it's the most important thing.

She smiled at first towards the bewildered Nanami, and then towards the rest of the patrons of the bar, taking note of the faces around her, both familiar and unfamiliar.

"...I'm home."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Andrew Lipson had done his share of gaping at the events that took place upon the television screen, and as he was slightly surprised at the appearance of Sidney Crosby, he was still completely disgusted at Cody's actions. Of course, all of this was a moot point when the door to the bar opened and in walked Madelaine Shirohara. Andrew didn't know Madelaine, he'd borrowed a pen from her once in some class, and as such didn't make any moves toward her, but he shook his head and sighed. As the door creaked open again, Andrew couldn't help but raise his eyebrow. He'd seen Crosby squeeze a few shots off towards Cody, perhaps one had hit him...

~~~

As Amanda Jones pushed slowly through the door into the bar, she couldn't help but wonder, with a confused look on her face, just what exactly was going on. Seconds before, she'd been walking in the woods, looking for Madelaine, and now...now she was entering a bar. Blinking in surprise, she rubbed her neck and took step into the relatively quiet bar. Her neck... Realizing that her neck was now bare, she looked around the bar at the faces that she recognized, an odd feeling setting in.

Amanda Jones had no idea that she was dead, and as she saw her friend Madelaine in front of her, she grabbed the girl by the shoulder.

"Madelaine...what's going on!?"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

That bastard, damn him! David felt himself thinking as he silently watched Madelaine being raped and murdered from his table. He had retired to a table in the corner to silently cope with his death, ordering a drink but barely touching it. In fact, he had only first looked into the screens when he heard the commotion and saw Cody killing Madelaine. His anger was expressed with a punch to the wall that actually shook the picture hanging on it. Then an audible gasp came from him as he saw the gunfight and Amanda go down with two bulletwounds to the head, killed by bullets intended for someone else. He had failed, broken his promise. He had promised to protect her when they met on the island, but she died anyway.

Damn it, it's my fault! If I hadn't been so damn stupid, if I hadn't followed Jacob, I could've gone with Amanda and Adam. I could've stopped Cody! It's all my fucking fault! he thought, visibly breaking down. His hands shook, and he found himself unable to hold his drink. Unable to take it, he simply rested his head on his arms and wept silently in the corner of the bar, out of anyone's sight unless they looked for him.

Damn it, damn it, damn it!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

The images on the television kept him from facing it; it might not have taken such a hard impact on the others because they hadn’t spent a majority of their time on that island around her. Probably didn’t have any un-admitted feelings toward her either, but just the parts of it that he saw it felt as if nothing was right anymore… and that not everyone he wanted would leave that island.

Gunfire is what turned him back to the scene, as a voices began speaking… but instead of Madelaine’s murderer catching the new person on the screen… he hit someone else…

Watching Amanda hit the ground dead from the bullet wounds in her head, Hawley felt, as his heart seemed to be ripped in two. The fifth member of their original six-man team had just fallen; David hadn’t been here long himself taken down by Jacob, and now Madelaine and Amanda…

Concern for Adam came next, wondering as to how his friend would handle this… death of someone Adam was close to had never been something easy… it had been all the same when River, Andrew, and even when he himself had died. But now that both Madelaine and Amanda had died, namely Amanda… who had been the world and so much more to the other boy.

But when the familiar sound of the bar door creaking open, brought Hawley’s attention off toward the newest addition to the bar… and as Nanami moved toward her, Hawley was just a bit surprised at the sight of Madelaine looking as if what had just happened... hadn't…

He kept his spot until Amanda followed in shortly after, questioning as to what this place was. Stepping lightly toward the small group of girls, he smiled a bit before eyeing the bar itself. “This place… is sorta our afterlife. No one is sure as to why we’re all here with one another… and you know… not somewhere else.” He answered lightly, smiling lightly at the two girls.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda's eyes widened in shock as she gaped at Hawley Faust, a boy she thought to be long dead. Of course, as his words struck her soon therafter, she realized that what he was saying - it had to be true, she must be dead too.

"But...but, I...but HOW?" She gaped. She had the feeling as if it were like she were playing a big game of capture the flag and she were in the lounge after being eliminated.

Looking at Madelaine, she shook her head once.

"What...what happened, I don't even remember dying! One minute I was here, and the next..."
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

In mild surprise, Madelaine turned to look towards the one who had grabbed her shoulder. Not having expected Amanda to arrive here with her, Madelaine's eyes widened. Looking at Amanda silently with a bewildered look, Madelaine began to contemplate the matter for a moment.

I guess...because I was prepared for death, I knew what was going to happen to me. I knew I would suddenly end up...somewhere else. When that guy...attacked me, I somehow saw this coming. Which is why coming here didn't surprise me so much. But...

Amanda didn't know. She didn't know what happened to her. Something happened and she didn't know what.

She smiled sadly towards Amanda. "I think..." she murmured pensievely. "That it's over for us now."

But Hawley would be the one to explain what happened to them, where they were, and why they were here. Madelaine turned towards him as he spoke, and smiled, happy to see a familiar face that she thought she'd never see again.

Afterlife, huh...? So there is such a thing.

She looked about the room curiously, scanning strange and familiar faces here and there, becoming more in touch with her surroundings. As she surveyed the peaceful environment, something caught her attention.

Wordlessly, Madelaine gradually made her way towards one of the TV screens set inside the bar, standing in front of it, absorbing the full view of the projected image before her.

The form of a young girl about her age stared back at her. She was lying on the ground, lifeless, motionless, exposed to the world around her, ruined and desecrated. Her dulled eyes stared upwards, looking directly towards Madelaine.

Madelaine regarded the image before her with an unreadable expression, gazing at a corpse that looked exactly like herself, was once herself, now no longer herself. It was strange...not a pleasant thought, that's for sure... but it did make her think.

Strange....it seems all so far away now.She thought to herself, still standing wordlessly in front of the screen. She watched as one of the newcomers of her group walked over, concealing her form with a jacket and uttering a prayer after closing her eyes, as a gesture of respect. She watched as he moved towards yet another corpse, a girl with a face now ruined. Yet Madelaine was still able to recognize her.

"I guess...it really is over for us, then."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As Madelaine stood, gazing at the television screen with Amanda in tow, disbelieving completely as to what she was seeing, Andrew Lipson made his way toward both girls and looked both in the eyes. It was obvious that Andrew was really broken up about what had happened to Madelaine, and he reached over and gave her a big, comforting hug.

"Yo, man, I'm so sorry for that shit. I wanted to do something but...there was nothing I could do, man."

Turning to Amanda, he similarily embraced her, yet Amanda embraced him back, the two of them sharing an unspoken connection. Amanda had hung around quite a bit with Adam and Andrew in their lives, and to see his familiar face - walking, no less, it made her feel good.

"Welcome to the afterlife, girls. To be honest, there's a lot of people there who're happy but sad to see you guys here."

"And Dodd's just stumbled upon the bodies..." Rumbled big Eddie Serjeantson from the corner. "You all might want to watch this, it's bound to be...well, interesting."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine turned around towards Andrew Lipson as he approached her, and blinked in surprised when he suddenly hugged her after looking into her eyes. Somehow, despite barely knowing him at all while she was still living, it moved her to hear him express his sympathies over...what had happened to her, just before she departed from the natural world and arrived here.

She smiled gently. "It's alright... what happened back then doesn't bother me so much now." Madelaine gulped slightly, looking back towards the image on the screen, knowing that the statement wasn't completely true. She absently ran the tips of her fingers against the flesh of her neck. The wound was gone without a trace or a scar, she noticed, and so was the collar. It made her feel even better, knowing that she was completely free of her ordeal. At the very least, she wouldn't carry any deep scars with her into the afterlife. "It'll stay with me for a while," she added quietly. "But it's over now, and I'm just happy for that."

Nanami looked towards the taller girl with a concerned look on her face, as though trying to discern any sign of emotion from the girl. But Madelaine's face was unreadable, in its calm and peaceful state, as though she found it easy to accept what had happened to her, and where she ended up in the end.

But she knew that in no way was Madelaine unaffected by her ordeal on the island. Nanami realized, keeping all of this to herself, that Madelaine didn't seem to want to carry any grudges or negative feelings with her in death. Once she realized that she was finally about to die, it seemed as though Madelaine had let go of that, accepting her death. Nanami supposed it was just strange that someone had the strength to let go of any of that at all, even in death.

Madelaine continued to gaze at the screen, looking calm and thoughtful as she looked towards the gathering crowd, no doubt horrified by what had happened there. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise as she watched the unmistakeable form of Adam separating himself from the group, following the imprint of bike tracks along the ground.

I wonder if he'll find him... Madelaine wondered to herself. ...that guy who attacked me.

She blinked unexpectedly at a sudden realization.

"So...David's here?" she asked, turning about, her dark brown eyes scanning the surroundings with a particular person in mind...

Sure enough, there he was, keeping to himself at a table in the corner, head resting against his arms. For a moment, Madelaine wondered if he were sleeping...but for some reason, the thought occurred to her that perhaps he was crying, judging from the tension in his form. Madelaine felt pity for David...as well as confusion. If David was crying...was it because he was upset over his death? Or perhaps over the deaths of Amanda and herself?

Andrew's words reached her.

"To be honest, there's a lot of people there who're happy but sad to see you guys here."

And Madelaine could somehow see why, remembering the image of a dead girl that looked exactly like herself. Looking back towards the image of Adam departing the warzone that the river had become, she inwardly prayed for his safety and well-being.

The group we formed...He's all that's left of us now...
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda Jones had very rarely, in her lifetime, been floored by anything at all, and being now that her life was over, and she was now experiencing death, she had to admit, the thing that floored her the most was that death wasn't half bad. Andrew Lipson had been rather kind to her since she'd walked in the door, making sure that both her and Madelaine had comfortable chairs to sit at, and fetching them both drinks. As she had slowly lowered herself down onto the chair, she had seen first-hand the explosion of emotion from Adam Dodd, the only one of their small group that had still been alive. Inwardly, she was glum that Adam was alive, and couldn't help wishing that he were here with her now. It was a selfish thing to think, but Amanda knew that as long as Adam lived, it would be a sense of lonliness that she would feel.

Sighing, she nursed her drink and watched the monitors.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

For a while, Madelaine had settled herself comfortably amongst the other patrons of the bar...but given the location of her seating, she seemed to be isolating herself from any main group, even from her friends, as though she felt better distancing herself from them for the time being.

Keeping to herself a bit, not looking particularly lonely though somewhat wistful, she began to regress into the world of her own thoughts...at least death had spared her the ability to think and feel.

With a wave of nostalgia, her mind fell towards her family. It had been five days since she had been separated from them....and it was five days more than she would ever want to be apart from them. Well now...as fate would have it, she would never see them again.

She wondered what they were doing now...if they knew what had become of her by now. Her thoughts fell back to the last time she had seen them, just as she was about to depart with her class on what would turn out to be their little misadventure. If she had known what was to happen, she would have smiled more at the time...

But it was alright...she wasn't alone or anything. It felt as though her dear friend Amanda had practically followed her into the afterlife, as though they were practically inseperable from the moment they met on the island. There was Hawley, another close friend who had done nothing less than look after them, and there was David and Marcus too, though Madelaine couldn't see them at the moment. And then there was Nanami...one look between them was enough to know that the two of them were more than ready to make amends.

Friends for real, this time.

Madelaine's attention turned back to the monitors. Quietly sitting by herself, not wanting to draw any attention to herself or anything of the sort, she silently watched Adam battle, and defeat, the one known as Jacob Starr...a nostalgic enemy it seemed....

And watching Adam now...killing the other boy numbly, almost in cold blood, was enough to unsettle Madelaine.

"He's changed...." she murmured to herself, huddling against her seat a bit, watching the screen intently. "After all that's happened, he suddenly changed..."
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda had been sitting in her chair, numbly watching Adam meet up with, speak to, and then kill Jacob Starr. As he had sliced the knife across Jacob's throat, Spilling his blood everywhere, Amanda had shut her eyes and lay her head on the smooth wooden table. She couldn't bear to look, and grabbing at the remote control that sat on the table, she blindly aimed it at the television screen and pressed a few buttons, switching through the channels. Amanda'd been very silent since she had arrived, and her mind was still having a great deal of difficulty adjusting to the idea that she was dead. As she flipped onto one channel in the Eastern Shore, she watched as a small boy seemed to sit on a rock, looking out at the shore. The kid looked familiar, he was someone that had definitely gone to her school, she knew that much. As suddenly as she had turned the channel, the boy was attacked, another boy kicking and punching at him. Amanda shook her head softly, and as the boy began to strangle the first one to death, three shots rang out and the boy slumped dead. And of course, as the camera (how was there a camera?) panned to see the shooter, her heart fell as she saw that indeed, it was Adam again. Not knowing what else to do, really, she put her head on the table and began to cry softly to herself.

Across the room, Andrew Lipson had been surveying the room for some time, standing with Art Villamor, who'd become a pretty good friend of his. As the two sat sipping drinks, Andrew sighed as he too, watched Adam kill yet another person. As he stared at the screen, he felt a slight tapping on his arm, and looked at Art, who was motioning across the room.

"Hey, bro...you think you should go over and say something?"

Andrew followed Art's eyes and came to look across the softly crying form of Amanda Jones, sitting in the corner by herself. Cursing silently to himself, he nodded to Art, and then scanned the room again. Eyes lighting up as he found the person he was looking for, he got up and began to walk towards the table that held Madelaine Shirohara. Tapping her on the shoulder, he leaned in close to her ear, and whispered to her.

"Hey, Madelaine...I dunno, maybe you're not the right person for this, but like...Amanda's pretty upset over there. I get if you're not feeling up to it, but I don't know her, you know? You might be the best person to go over there and talk to her. I don't think she's taking this whole death thing all that well..."

Andrew leaned back out, and looked at Madelaine, a kind but pleading look in his eyes. If there was one thing Andrew Lipson hated to see, it was a girl crying.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Jacob calmly walked through the bar door, ignoring the tense atmosphere and hostile looks that accompanied his entrance. After he had bled to death, he woke up across a street from the bar and walked to it, though he took a bit to enter. He was surprised that the afterlife was a bar, but still he sat down and ordered a drink.

Odd. I always expected Hell to be full of fire.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

For a while, there was little that Madelaine had done upon settling herself in what she supposed was to be her afterlife, other than cast curious glances at the people and all the activity around her. To be honest, she was somewhat bewildered by this unexpected development. Who would have thought that death would be like this? If anything, it was not much different from life...besides the absence of fear, pain, and the need to struggle.

For a while she simply watched the screens, and noted with interest that four people, only one of which she recognized as Chance, were burying both her and Amanda. It somehow struck a chord inside her chest, watching them taking the liberty to bury her like this. She smiled a bit...everything seemed so much different...so much stranger, when you're dead.

Becoming disinterested with the happenings of the living world, she took the time to survey her surroundings. She saw Nanami, not far off, eyeing Madelaine with the oddest expression on her face. She smiled as she noted Hawley, who had clearly settled himself easily since the time of his death. She was unable to see Amanda from where she was sitting, and so she turned about to look for her...

Her thoughts were momentarily interrupted by the presence of Andrew, murmuring a request into her ear. At the mention of Amanda, she turned quickly to look towards the person in question....and was surprised to see her close friend in tears. Madelaine's eyes widened slightly.

Looking towards Andrew, she smiled and nodded to him reassuringly, "Don't worry, I'll see what I can do." Carefully, she stood up and straightened her skirts before making her way discreetly to where Amanda was sitting, cradling her head against the table, sobbing.

Gazing at her now, Madelaine found herself at a lost of what to say. What in the world could she do for a dead person? This she thought in bewilderment. But it was then that she remembered that she, herself, was dead as well.

Smiling a bit to herself, Madelaine drew up a chair and settled herself next to Amanda, leaning close to her a bit.

"Hey...you okay?" she asked gently. "People are worried about you, you know?" She paused for a moment.

"Remember this? You asked me this before. Penny for your thoughts?" she asked, smiling a bit, and waiting for Amanda to reply.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As she wiped the tears away from her eyes, Amanda couldn't help but fight a grin through the immense sadness that she felt. Looking at her friend, she sighed as she glanced at the screen again, watching the only living companion of theirs walk through the Bamboo Coppice, seemingly winning his mental battle. Rubbing her eyes, she sighed deeply.

"I...I don't know what it is, Madelaine, but...Adam's...Adam's just killed two people. Is he starting to play the game, has he lost all hope? Everyone he's cared for has gone, and..."

Amanda's voice choked a bit.

"I shouldn't be so sad, but I'm just so worried that he's changed for the worse, that he's not the same...and here's the big part, too, the part that upsets me the most.

Madelaine, I don't know whether or not to cheer for him, because I want him to survive, or not. If I cheer for him and he wins, then...then I'll probably never see him again, because who knows what happens after this? But if he dies, then...he'll be here like everyone else, right? Is that selfish of me, to want to see him again?"

Another tear ran down her face.

"I just don't know what to think..."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “V1 AUs and Discussion”