"Though we may not survive it..."

A simple river which offers so much, such as a place to bath, a food source, and a fresh water source. Be careful... someone could easily sneak up on you while you are bathing, or gathering food and water.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

David's arm lowered as the gunshot roared out and Madelaine shouted for someone to help Nanami.
I couldn't do it. I was too cowardly to shoot! If Madelaine hadn't shot that bitch Amanda would be dead! It's my fault, I should have acted sooner! he berated himself in such a way constantly as he walked over to where the fallen girl was, his arm having stopped shaking at last. His sweat-dampened red hair fell in front of his face, giving his blue eyes a flaring appearance as he reached the side of Nanami and was close to the group. Depair and self-loathing turned into rage as he looked at her, first at the coward's face, then at the bloody wound in her chest.

"That looks like a pretty deep wound from where I am." he said, his voice seething as he looked at another of Amanda's would-be murderers. He gritted his teeth as he spoke.

"I don't see what we can do for this--BITCH--" he cut himself off with that, aiming a sharp kick at Nanami's rib (the one he was in front of) as his anger took hold.

"Perhaps we should put her out of her misery?" he said, implying he wanted to do the honors, and broadly stating it by slowly removing his P99.

OOC: Was that acceptable? Anyway, do what you will with that, other than use it as ammunition in this smear campaign that seems to be underway against me. I didn't catch any godmoding or puppeting, but I'm tired. If you catch any remind me please.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

((If you're talking about the kicking, don't worry about it Slayer, it's really actually fine. Don't expect the characterMadelaine to approve so much, but really I'm okay with it. :) ))

Snapping her head back, Nanami let out a cry of anguished pain as David's foot slammed hard into her rib, sending her body curling up and crumpling over in a recoil. Her agonized scream was cut short with a strangled sound, as she began choking. A line of blood dripped down her mouth as she groaned in pain.

Horrified, Madelaine could only stare at Nanami as she endured all this, looking up towards David with a shocked, yet livid expression on her face.

"Stop it!" she screamed at him, feeling her eyes sting with tears. She repositioned herself so that her form was now shielding Nanami from David. "Can't you see she's hurt enough as she is?"

Her anguish transformed into shock and disbelief as David made his proposal to end all of this there and then. By now, her composure and calmness had given way completely to uncontrollable panic and exasperation.

"No, don't!" she shouted at him, stubbornly planting herself between him and Nanami. She narrowed her eyes in resolution, hearing Nanami's gasps behind her. "Don't kill her...She's my friend, we can save her. She'll live! Just someone....someone please help her...."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

OOC: Uh, HELLO!!! Adam's right freaking here. What am I, the invisible man?

Adam's hands were getting completely coated in blood up to his mid-arm range, and he swore loudly as it didn't seem like he was doing a load of good. The kick to the girl's ribs didn't seem to help, and as he pushed down, almost trying to force the blood back into her body, he grunted, and swore. It didn't seem to be doing any amount of good. The hole was clean through, had likely severed an artery, and like it or not, Nanami was dying. As she choked, and blood dribbled down her chin, Adam moved his left hand and wiped the blood off of her chin with his upper arm. He winced as he remembered the wound.

Fuck it, it won't hurt until later, I bet.

He needed something to halt the bleeding, and he glanced around quickly. Sighing, he took his hands off of Nanami's hand that was covering her wound, and placed his knee on the hand to keep up the pressure. Quickly, he kicked off his shoe and removed one of his socks. Maybe it wouldn't do much, but it'd help a little. Removing his knee from her hand, Adam swore as blood pooled out of the ugly wound. Grimacing, Adam balled up the sock and stuffed it into the hole, trying to block out the streaming blood. The sock became bright red with blood, and Adam againt tried to apply pressure.

This girl is fucked, what's the point...

Adam gave his head a shake, and continued to keep pressure on her head. With one of his hands, he grabbed his shoe from the nearby ground and forced it underneath her head, propping her head up to clear her airway. At least now, she wouldn't drown in her own blood.

Glancing back at the group, covered in sweat, he looked at the rest of them...not doing a thing, just standing there. Adam shook his head and kept applying pressure, and then in a low voice began to try and reassure the dying girl.

Why am I...jesus, why the fuck do I even ask myself why anymore? It's not like it's going to make sense on this fucking island. Nothing makes sense anymore. It's like the world ended, and I fucking missed it.

"Come on...hey...come on Nanami...stay awake here, huh? You can't fall asleep, you still owe me a bullet in the chest, you know? Come on...just stay awake...you're gonna be okay if you can stay awake, you know?"

~~~

As Amanda watched the scene unfold, she couldn't help but wince as David aimed a kick at the girl's ribs. As she looked at the anguish on Madelaine's face, she walked over to the two, and placed her hand on David's shoulder, trying to pull him away from Madelaine. As she did so, she whispered into his ear.

"David...come on...she's already dying, there's no need for it...Madelaine can't take this...come on, let's just go sit down..."

Amanda figured if she got David away, by that time...it would likely be over, and she could then begin to try and pick up the pieces of what were the emotions of her two closest friends on the island.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"Alright. She doesn't deserve a quick death anyway." David said in seething agreement to Amanda's offer, his manner of voice filled with more malice than his kick and offer to shoot Nanami. Holstering his gun again, David walked off from the group and just sat down where he had been earlier, still cursing at either Nanami or his percieved incompetence (which one can only be guessed with him muttering nearly unintelligably).
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Madelaine could only watch hopefully and helplessly as Adam struggled as hard as he might to keep Nanami alive, subconciously amazed that he was willing to help at all after all that he had exchanged with Nanami. She could only hope, and plead to herself, that this would somehow help. But as she looked closely at Nanami, already pale to begin with, she saw that the fallen girl began to pale even more as the blood drained away from her. At Adam's words and his effort to help, Nanami could only respond in withering gasps. It was at this point that Madelaine began to realize that his efforts were futile.

The voices that whispered amongst one another confirmed this.

"David...come on...she's already dying, there's no need for it...Madelaine can't take this...come on, let's just go sit down..."

"Alright. She doesn't deserve a quick death anyway."

"Shut up!" Madelaine snapped at them out of pain and frustration. "Don't say that she's going to die, because I'm not going to let her! We can save her..." She looked towards Hawley as she said this, hoping that he would be able to do something in a hurry.

"...G-give it a rest," a congested voice spoke up between coughs.

Madelaine turned back to Nanami, only to see the Tokarev pointed once again towards her face. Just past the gun, there was that look of spite, mixed with intense pain, upon Nanami's milk-white face. Contorted black eyes stared at her with malice. She continued to hiss hateful words at her, though now it seemed a struggle.

"..H-Happy now? You lied to me, you bitch....never told me...you had a gun... Shot me...killed me...all your fault. Are you satisfied? You live...'cause you're strong. I'll die, 'cause I'm weak... because of you. I hope you're happy..."

Her arm shook, but she kept the gun pointed at Madelaine in an unsteady aim. "...You promised...if I go, you're coming with me. I'll make you keep your promise.... we can rot in hell together. You'd like that...wouldn't you?" She let in a low, hissing gasp, before saying finally, "It's all your fault..."

Madelaine could only gaze back at her in an expression rapidly withering. Nanami assumed that the bitch had finally decided to accept her fate. Just as she was about to pull the trigger and end it all, she stopped short. Her eyes widened in surprise as tears fell down Madelaine's face, falling towards the ground. Nanami hesitated, not knowing what to make of this.

It was then that Madelaine spoke, finally responding to Nanami's hatred and rage for her.

"You're right, Nanami....it's all my fault. This whole time...it's always been my fault. All of this...because of me, and I never realized it until now. But now....I finally understand. I guess I just didn't want to believe it at first...but you're right, Nanami...

I looked after you and tried to protect you, not knowing that it made you feel weak and dependant. When you cried in front of everyone, I would always comfort you...and I never paid attention to the fact that others laughed at you because of that. I even scolded you for being troublesome, not realizing that you only wanted to assert yourself, and I put you down for it. You thought I pitied you. I tried to...no, pretended to understand...when really, I didn't know anything..."

Not knowing what to make of all this, Nanami could only stare at Shirohara-san silently as she spoke...and shed tears at the same time. Gradually taking in Shirohara-san's words, Nanami instantly became oblivious to her feelings of hate and anger that had burned so deeply only seconds before. Her aim dropped slightly, now that she was only half-hearted about her spite for the other girl

You listened..., she realized. You heard me out, even as I shot at you, again and again... She continued to listen as Shirohara-san continued tearfully.

"All that mattered to me.... being with you really made me happy. I was always happy whenever I was with you. Even though I never showed it...you really cheered me up sometimes, you know? You were important to me. It was really fun for me...and I thought that it made you happy too. But now...

I understand now...I did everything wrong, and without knowing. And all of this happened...because I tried to be your friend. Really...I'm so stupid...I thought I understood you...knew everything about you. Sorry, Nanami...I'm so sorry..."

Nanami's eyes widened slightly.

You were happy...being with me?

It was all so confusing...never did Nanami expect any of this. All along she thought nobody could stand her because she cried all the time...then again, now that they thought about it, maybe they realized that she was just selfish. She thought that Shirohara-san was the same, but really....

Shirohara-san never cared about that. She knew how self-centered and insecure Nanami could be, yet she looked passed that. Maybe Shirohara-san saw something inside her, something that no one else, not even Nanami ever saw. And because of that...

Shirohara-san thought I was important to her. Lord knew why, seeing how plain and useless she was... but Shirohara-san somehow thought of her as someone precious, someone dear to her. She even said she had fun, being with someone like Nanami. Why though...? It seemed as though Nanami would never understand. And Nanami never even realized it. All along, Shirohara-san had been happy, being her friend. If Nanami had realized it sooner, she might have felt good about herself for once, maybe happy as well even. But all along, she was too selfish to realize...

So that's how it was...

If there was anything Nanami ever understood now, at the very least, she now understood Shirohara-san. Everything fit together neatly like the pieces of a wooden puzzle, everything was easily comprehended, everything was understood. But only now did she understood, just when everything was about to crumble and fall apart. Shirohara-san was crying now, saying that she was sorry. It was almost startling...Nanami had never seen Shirohara-san cry before... Is she crying over me?

Watching the other girl now, Nanami felt something sting her heart. Her arm dropped completely to fall against the ground limply. Now she realized that for sure, she had messed up everything. Everything had been so perfect, and she had messed it up. Nothing can be done to fix it now. Nanami had ruined it all. But the worst thing about it was...

Shirohara-san would pay for it all. Nanami would leave this would soon. It would all end easily for her. But Shirohara-san would live on, enduring all of the pain that came from the mess Nanami caused. It was as though Shirohara-san had inherited Nanami's sin, and was paying the price in her place. How awful was that...?

It was then that Nanami's vision started to blur and fade. She began to panic. No...I can't die yet...I have to make things better. I've got to fix everything, this horrible mess I've made. I have to make it all better for Shirohara-san. She doesn't deserve this... I have to make it all better...

But death began to take over mercilessly, as Nanami felt herself fading away. I don't want it to end like this... she thought pleadingly. But there was no one to listen to her. She was desperate to restore everything herself, but she was helpless now. Everything was ending too quickly.

Now, she looked helplessly at Shirohara-san as her vision gradually faded to black. It pained her to realize that she would die, knowing that it would always...always be too late for her. There was nothing she could do to help Shirohara-san now.

At least let me say sorry to her... This she attempted while her mind began to distort, and retreat into darkness. She could only open her mouth slightly, her lips mouthing words in an incoherant whisper, an apology to the only true friend she ever had, "Sorry, Madelaine..." It was all that she could manage before everything finally came apart, ending it all, a curtain of black falling over her vision...

But Madelaine never heard her. All she could register in her mind was the sight of Nanami's ceasing struggles to live on, until she finally went completely motionless. Nanami's face had a dazed, hollow look to it, though it seemed as though she were still looking at Madelaine. But she was already gone by that time.

In the long stretch of silence that followed, Madelaine looked at Nanami silently for a while, unwilling to believe what had happened. Her trembling form finally hunched over as she lifted her blood-soaked hands hide her tear-stained face, never uttering a sound.

G26 - Nanami Nishida - DEAD
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amidst all of Adam's best efforts, he knew that it was hopeless. As the girl finally ended up speaking out, expending all of her strength, it was Adam who was still kneeling right beside her, it was Adam who was sitting right there as she pointed the gun at Madelaine and began to curse at her for the final time. Adam, however, did nothing. His hands were covered in blood, and he just watched as Madelaine explained herself, revealed her true feelings. The figureative kick in the teeth hit the dying Nanami like a load of bricks. This much was something that Adam could see. And as it did, her strength seemed to leave her, and she slowly sagged back, finally beginning to die. And as she did, Adam was right there, and was the only one within earshot to hear Nanami's dying words - an apology, perhaps one that was long overdue, and far too late to save her.

Silence overtook the area as Nanami Nishida died. Nobody spoke a word, nobody moved. What had just occurred in front of them all was something awful, something that nobody should ever be forced to go through. And yet...they all had to. Thanks to Mr. Danya. That cocksucker. Thanks to him, they would all likely experience such death, and such loss. He had, Madelaine had...how long would it take before this group was reduced to zero?

Adam shook his head, and finally moved, breaking the utter stoppage of anything except breathing in the area. Reaching over, he grabbed his bloody sock that he had been trying to use to stop the bleeding and tossed it away. It was of no more use, now. He would have to scavenge a clean one from the next corpse he saw. Adam looked at the dead girl's face, and shuddered as he looked into her soulless eyes. They were like empty windows - open, and yet there was nobody home. This unnerved him, and it probably got to the others even more, so he ran his bloody hand over her eyes, shutting them, and letting her have peace, even in death.

It was then that Adam was the one to break the silence in the river, as he looked up and Madelaine.

"Madelaine...she said that she was sorry. I don't think anyone heard it but me, but...for what it's worth, she said she was sorry..."

Adam's voice cracked a little - the strain, and all the death - it was just too much. He could feel the morphine wearing off a little now, as his arm began to throb.

What a wonderful feeling. All I need is a headache and I'm in EXCTASY.

Not waiting for a response, he looked the corpse he was kneeling beside over. The girl was quite dead - that was for certain. At the pistol in her hands, Adam slowly wreched it out of her grip. It seemed like Amanda had sort of taken the shotgun for good, and Adam was fine with that - yet having a second pistol might be as good an insurance as any. He took the pistol, clicked the safety on, and put it in his other pocket.

How silly...my left pocket has my wallet and a pistol, my right has my cell phone and a pistol...I'm packing some SERIOUS heat, as Lipson would say...damn...Lipson...

At the memory of his own dead best friend, he frowned. This place was hell, and it was all Danya's fault. Reaching over behind the body, he grabbed his shoe and put it back on his foot quickly. Sighing, he looked at the group to see how the general group mood was.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

((Oi, Sorry about taking awhile to replay. I pretty much almost ripped my fingernail off at work, and typing wasn’t the first thing on my mind when I came home.))

This was a moment where his knowledge in the medical field was actually needed; he could have down something… anything to keep the girl alive a little longer. But listening as Nanami spoke, and as she breathed it was almost somewhat clear what was happening to her…

She sounded as if she was almost trying to speak from under water, he figuring out the there at least it was a thought – Nanami was drowning in her own blood. Something having been hit when the bullet went through her draining all her blood into her lungs instead of too the rest of her body, her brain, and her heart.

And when it was finally clear that she was dead… her skin paling to a sickly white, a dazed look over her dead face. Madelaine buried her face into her bloody hands, while Adam went about closing her eyes in respect before moving to recover his shoe. Adam, who had been criticizing her… who had said all those words had just tried to save her.

And he just stood there.

If she had been drowning – he could have told Adam that pushing against the wound was just pushing blood back, and back into her lungs. But what then, let her bleed to death? Sighing Hawley placed his fingers along the bridge of his nose pinching hard.

… Still he found he couldn’t get his thoughts into a working order, and the voice in the back of his mind couldn’t help but laugh at this, repeating over and over that because he didn’t do something. More than enough of the blame on her death was on him.

You don’t want anymore red on your hands, do you?

Shaking his head he more than answered the question as he rubbed his hands along the end of his shirt the dry blood still there… but glancing to Madelaine once more his eyes casted to her wounds. Though the most important thing at the moment was to clean, and bandage those wounds…

Hawley found that he couldn’t find his voice to speak to her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Perhaps it was due to the loss of blood due to her wounds. Perhaps it had been the result of a build-up of all the strain she had gone through from the moment she awoke on this island up to this point.

Perhaps it was because of the sight of all the blood, and the fact that she had been watching her best friend as she lay dying. Perhaps it was the realization that Nanami had harboured so much hate for her for the duration that they had known eachother that she was willing to kill.

Or perhaps it was the fact that she, Madelaine, ended up being the murderer of her best friend Nanami.

Whatever the cause was... Either way, it was then that Madelaine's tried and tested sense of self had finally reached the breaking point. She likely only barely heard Adam's words. While keeping her face hidden behind her blood-stained hands, at some insignificant point of time, Madelaine had suddenly felt something inside herself shatter and fall to pieces.

Whether it was her self-control, her sense of feeling, her will to live, or perhaps her entire mind that had suddenly crumbled, Madelaine was unable to know. Her body suddenly felt as though she had been plunged into ice-cold water, sending a numbing wave through her. She suddenly found herself clasping her hands against her temples as a splitting headache followed. Her mind began to spin, and everything that had happened to her for the duration of this nightmarish game redoubled in vividness back at her.

This is...too much for me....

Madelaine struggled to clear her mind, and found herself tilting her head upwards, lifting her face towards the sky in a wide-eyed, dazed expression that might have caused some to mistake her for dead. Indeed, she did feel dead inside... empty, drained, void of all sense of feeling, all strength of heart. All that was left inside was an empty space that was cold, dark, and hollow.

Her arms now hung limply to her side as her head began to turn, looking around with a vision that seemed almost distorted. She almost did not recognize her surroundings, or the people, around her. Her expression was now one of wide-eyed confusion, though there was that hollow, dreamy quality to it that seemed almost abnormal.

Hey...I promised not to lose my sense of self, you know?

But now, that promise seemed far away now. Everything seemed beyond her reach, beyond her comprehension. And now, the very thing that she had promised to prevent with all her power had now come to pass. No longer knowing if she was even concious...no longer able to tell if she was still alive, she stared out towards the group, though she seemed to be staring towards something distant and far off.

On impulse, she opened her mouth to say something...

Nothing came out.

What is this...? I can't say anything?

Mildly surprised by this, she tried again. Her voice simply refused to speak out. Not even a whisper emitted past her lips. Try as she might, it seemed as though the power of her beloved words had simply abandoned her. It was lost now, and there was nothing she could do to make herself be comprehended, or understood.

Shocked by this realization, Madelaine simply sat there limply, staring wide-eyed into nowhere. For the duration that followed... if anybody decided to speak to her... if anybody tried to interact with her in some way, she would only remain unresponsive, for she was no longer able to hear them.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

So this is how it's going to be, huh? This is the hidden little perk of this bullshit game. They strip away our humanity and make us all feel like the crud in your eyes when you first wake up. How fucking wonderful. How abso-fucking-lutely PERFECT. And of course, you can't forget the ultimate truth - we're all going to die in the end. Our group is demoralized, we're taken aback, we're depressed. We have no direction, and we're all wounded. Where the fuck are we going?

As he sat back beside the body of Nanami, his mind raced in several different directions. Perhaps it was the senselessness of the situation, and perhaps it was the guilt that he held within his head. Whatever the case, Adam Dodd was frustrated. Problem solving - damnit, that was something he was good at! All of his teachers had said so. His parents, as well. And yet...this was one problem that didn't seem to have an obvious answer.

Well...there WAS one...

Quickly, he dismissed the thought. That WAS NOT an option, in his mind. Killing everyone else on the island wouldn't make any sense - nor, in his opinion, would it accomplish anything. Who said that the terrorists would even bring them back after they 'won'? In all likelihood, they'd detonate the collars and that would be that. So what was even the point of playing?

No, escaping was the way to go, and yet, sitting here in shock wasn't the way to go about doing it. Glancing around, he saw five other people. The five people he had surrounded himself with - they were smart people. None of them were idiots, all of them had a good head on their shoulders, which should make escaping all the more easy.

So why the hell were they having so many problems? They had seemingly all of the elements that they needed to plan a decent escape, so what was missing? Why was it that they weren't even able to begin to think about escaping?

Direction.

That was it. THAT was the reason. The group had been together for a long while, and as such were all comfortable with each other. Yet...they had never had someone to lead them, someone who would be able to shoulder that burden. Someone to point them in the right direction. And that was important, because frankly, ANY direction was better than none.

As he snapped back to the real world, he realized that nobody had said anything, nobody had even moved since Nanami had died. Not a single sound, except from him. This was NOT a state that he figured that they should be in.

Suppose someone comes in who's playing...we're all fucked.

As such, Adam stood up and looked down at the body before he turned and looked at his group. His eyes went to each one. Madelaine, Amanda, Marcus, David, and Hawley. None of whom spoke, all of whom had expressions on their faces of pain. So much internal, and external for that matter.

They truly were in hell. If there was any place on the planet Earth that was closer to hell, it was here. And if he had anything to do with it, Adam Dodd intended to lead his group out of it.

"Guys...guys, listen up. We've got to get out of here. And by out of here, I mean...off this fucking island. Off of this godforsaken place. How we're going to go about doing so...I don't know. But you know what? I'm tired of this. I'm tired of watching people die. I'm tired of seeing so much death, and so much violence. And that means, I'm not going to stop, not going to give up, until I manage to get out of here. I'd like you all to come, to help me. You're all smart people, you're all people that I'd consider intelligent, and to be honest, I don't know that I can do it without you. So I'm asking you - come with me. We'll find a way off of this place, a way out of this game. Rules are made to be broken, as someone once said, and at this point, I wholeheartedly believe that. Danya and his fucking cronies have set up an interesting little scenario here. They say that there's no way off, but how do they get themselves onto the island. How do they control our collars? It doesn't make any sense. There's got to be some sort of tower we can destroy, some form of SOMETHING that we can use to get these collars off and revolt against these heartless bastards. Danya said he's going to drop three terrorists on the island. Well maybe we can get ahold of one, and maybe force it to write some things down, like Marcus does."

Adam paused, to exhale, and continued.

"What I'm trying to say is this: we all want to escape, but we haven't even thought about a way to even do it as of yet. So I'm basically proposing that we start thinking, start attempting, because honestly, if we keep up like we've been, none of us are going to last all that much longer. I'd like you all to come with me, but I won't hold it against you if you want to continue on another path."

Adam looked over the five others.

"So what d'ya say guys? Are you with me?"

~~~~~

So much had been going through the mind of Amanda Jones ever since Nanami had collapsed, dead from a bullet wound through the chest. She was amazed by the character of Adam, from the fact that he could have been cussing out Nanami and then seconds later, working to try and save her life. Amanda knew that Adam wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who harmed her, that much was something that he had made obvious. Yet he had worked ever-so-hard to save the girl's life, something that not a single other person, not Hawley, nor herself had even tried to do. Did she feel guilty about that? Sure, maybe a little, but there wasn't much she likely would have been able to do. Medicine wasn't her strong point, and so she probably would have ended up hurting rather than helping.

As she looked about the group, analyzing herself and her thoughts, Amanda couldn't help notice that Madelaine had her hands pressed up against her temples, as if her head was collapsing. Amanda's eyes grew in worry. She had seen the effect that killing someone had had on Adam, and yet, to kill your best friend? Madelaine had to be going through something awful, something that she wouldn't, and couldn't be able to explain. Amanda watched as she opened her eyes, and behind them there seemed a hollowness, as if Madelaine had checked out, and she was simply operating on motor skills alone. Taking a few steps towards the distraught girl, Amanda put her hand on Madelaine's shoulder. It was at this point that Adam got up and spoke his diatribe. His plea for help. His devotion to getting them off of the island. Amanda couldn't help but smile a bit. Adam was someone that was proving to be a pillar of strength in this game, not just for her, but for everyone else as well. She silently hoped that they got some alone time in the very near future.

As he finished his speech and looked at the group, Amanda glanced at him and smiled at him. She knew that he would know she'd be with him for as long as she was still alive here, and that much was certain, but she couldn't help but worry about her friend, who was seemingly reverting into her psyche for comfort. Amanda grabbed Madelaine's hand and gave it a squeeze, hoping to provoke some sort of reaction out of the girl.

"Madelaine...are you okay?" was what she whispered to the other girl, hoping against hope that Madelaine would respond to her.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

"I am."

David had finally broken out of his self-induced stupor when Adam went on his speech, listening intently while trying to remember what exactly he did to Rais' collar earlier. He had almost gotten it ff when he activated the detonator, so if he just remembered what he did right and then fix what he did wrong, he could remove a collar. He had offered his support quickly when Adam asked if any of them were with him, and stood up.

"Last time I tried, I almost got the collar off of a corpse before it detonated, if we can figure out how to disable or remove them, we can focus on escape. I'm not questioning your new leadership, Adam, but if we try to escape with these on Danya will simply blow our heads off." he said, rapping on his collar with his knuckles.
"If we can figure out how to get these off, we're pretty much safe as long as we can defeat those three terrorists and any players who don't care if we managed to get the collars off."
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

By this time, Madelaine had retreated fully into the safety of her own world, occupying herself with various thoughts and musings as a means of some kind of escapism. Adam's words of conviction never reached her, for now, she was out of touch with the real world, distracted with her thoughts.

Nanami's death replayed in her mind over and over again like some kind of guilty obsession, paining her yet fascinating her at the same time. It did not take long for Madelaine to remember that she was the one who pulled the trigger. She was the one who had released the bullet that flew through Nanami's chest, killing her.

How did it happen? This she mused quietly to herself almost thoughtfully. She remembered watching Nanami, just as she was about to transfer her focus onto Amanda. On impulse, Madelaine did the first thing she could think of to prevent her friend from getting killed, and removed the threat. She fully prepared to do anything to put a stop to that threat, even if it meant the expense of all remaining shots. Anything to make the threat stop moving, anything to keep the threat from killing Amanda.

It had been for that split second that Madelaine had forgotten what some may consider to be the smallest of details: The threat had been her childhood friend, Nanami.

And without thinking twice, Madelaine had shot her down.

At this thought, Madelaine felt her skin run cold again. She had blood to her name now, and that blood happened to belong to her best friend, no less. The very person she wanted to protect happened to die by her hands.

Who will I protect now? Who's friend am I now?

It was then that Madelaine felt herself drifting gradually to the real world again. Her fingertips were pressed against her lips, and now she tasted blood on them. This surprised her. Had she not dropped completely that habit of biting her nails a long time ago, when she was in grade school? Why was an ancient habit coming back to her in full force all of a sudden?

It took what seemed like an eternity before Madelaine finally acknowledged Amanda's presence by lifting her face towards her in a dazed and strangely mild expression. She barely noticed Amanda's hand clasped around hers, or the fact that Amanda had been trying to speak to her for a while now. In fact, Madelaine looked as though she barely recognized Amanda.

Madelaine's lips parted slightly, but even now she was still unable to utter a word. She gave up quickly, not in the mood to make any kind of responce in any case. Her face became downcast once again, and she regressed once again into her own world, oblivious to the people and the discussion around her. She even seemed to forget that Amanda was still right beside her.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Pushing away thoughts for the moment he glanced toward Adam as the other broke the silence that had fallen over the member of the group like a wool blanket that had been doused in water. Slowly encircling them just waiting to suffocate them and take away whatever little bit of humanity, and sanity remained within them…

And even though many a times he had questioned the thought of escape, Hawley still believed somewhere the chance remained. And even though it was probably the smallest chance, it was still a chance none the less… a chance they had to take before the worse did happen and the rest of the group dead.

Sighing lightly he found himself pulling his glasses away from his face looking through them, the scratches that covered them from everything that happened had begun to bother and he highly doubted his silently blurred vision would be much more of a bother. Folding them, and placing them along his right pocket before looking back over the group…

Nodding a little at Adam’s question, he allowed his head to drop somewhat. “I’m with you to…” He finally found himself saying as he kept his eyes upon the ground. “I… I might not be that useful besides what little knowledge I have in the medical field, and even with that I still couldn’t do anything now to try and help. But even still… I want, I want to try and help you all find a way.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda stood beside Madelaine, clenching the other girl's hand. Madelaine hadn't responded to her, just made a face as if her mind was broken, and then had simply regressed back into herself again. As she tuned Adam and the others out, she decided to focus soley on Madelaine. The poor girl needed her help, and she...

Amanda's eyes went wide as she realized a chilling fact, one that she'd apparently been overlooking. Madelaine had been shot at least twice, and she was bleeding, especially from the collarbone area. Twirling to Hawley, who'd just finished saying something to Adam, she basically grabbed the unsuspecting boy and dragged him over to Madelaine, all the while holding onto her friend's hand. It was actually quite a sight. Looking the startled boy in his eyes, she motioned to Madelaine with her head.

"She's been shot, Hawley. Please...you've got to do something. I know we're all asking a lot of you, but please...help her."

Glancing at Madelaine, she looked into her friend's eyes. At least, she tried to.

"Come on, Madelaine. Snap out of it...we're going to fix you up all nice and properly. Everything's going to be okay. You hear me? Come on, Madelaine...answer me...don't hide, it's okay. You can talk to me...I'm your friend. Just trust me, let me in...come on, Madelaine...you're among your friends. You saved my life...and now it's time for me to try and save yours..."

~~~

Across the area, Adam Dodd stood and watched.

The sad part is, in a situation like this...there's nothing that I can do. Nothing at all...god damn you, Danya. Damn you to hell.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

He hardly had time to think of what was happening when Amanda grabbed him and pulled him away from where he had planted himself and closer toward where Madelaine had fallen and had yet to utter a single sound since Nanami had passed on.

As the other young woman turned to him, asking once more to help he blinked lightly before nodding his head. “O… Of course I’ll help.”

With that he watched as Amanda turned back to Madelaine, trying to coax her out of her silence. He moving down onto his knees as he tried to look over the two wounds, the one on her face would be no problem to handle it was the one along her collar.

Glancing off toward the other three that still stood, “I’ll need our first aid kits…" He said pushing himself back onto his feet, glancing back over his shoulder at the others, "I'm going to grab them, be back in a minute. Amanda, try and keep her awake, and try and get her to start talking oright?"

With that said the red head turned, and started moving back toward the part of the river they had been at before the gunshot had sent them running. Returning to the site he only lightly glanced toward Blaine's body before reaching down, and grabbing at all the bags he could spot, picking them up onto his shoulder before hurrying back to the area, and dropping all the bags against the ground.

Grabbing the first he spotted, he moved back toward Madelaine, dropping back onto his knees and opening the kit.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

She had regressed so far back into the solitude of her own seclusive world that Madelaine completely forgot the wounds along her face and her collar. Contrary to her tidy, almost stately appearance near the beginning of her ordeals, she looked something like a mess now, adding to her distraught-looking appearance. The front of her uniform blazer was soaked through and through with the redness of her own blood as it had been at the back, looking as though someone had thrown ink all over it. There was also blood curling down the side of her cheek from where her face had been slashed. Her hands and sleeves were also soaked with red...blood that had once belonged to Nanami.

This little fact was one of the many things she had decided to muse over while the focus of her mind remained within the safety of her figureative shell, a means of protection from the outside world. For a while, she remained absorbed completely within her own thoughts, as though drifting through a dream that she was unable to wake up from.

But all of this was suddenly interrupted when Madelaine began to register some of the words Amanda was speaking to her. At first, Madelaine serenely looked up towards Amanda with a bemused expression on her face, as though she did not recognize the other girl. Listening was a struggle...the real world seemed a foreign place to her. But hearing Amanda out and listening to her words...Madelaine began to feel herself emerge from her shell a bit.

"Just trust me, let me in...come on, Madelaine...you're among your friends. You saved my life...and now it's time for me to try and save yours..."

It felt strange, almost as though those words somehow pierced through her, but left behind only comfort instead of pain. Gradually, Madelaine felt her mind clearing up slightly, awakening to the real world again. Though her expression still seemed dazed to some degree, there was now a sense of alertness and recognition reflected from her eyes as she now gazed intently at Amanda.

Her lips parted yet again. She struggled to make some sort of reply, to show that she truly and fully acknowledged Amanda's words. For a moment, the expression on her face was pleading, reflecting her frustration at her now failed ability of speech. No matter how hard she fought, she was still unable to utter a word.

Her face went downcast. Once again, she felt discouraged. But she still had to acknowedge Amanda somehow.

Madelaine's fingers trembled slightly, then began to clasp gently but firmly around Amanda's hand. Miserably, she wondered if this would even be enough to let Amanda know that she heard her. Why was it that she could no longer say anything? It had all been so easy, just moments before....

But remembering Amanda's words, she felt her spirits lift a little. The faintest of smiles flickered across her face for a moment, then was gone. Perhaps it meant little. Perhaps it meant nothing at all. Even Madelaine herself did not know. But something so insignificant may as well have been the most important thing the world to her.

Return to “The River”