"Though we may not survive it..."

A simple river which offers so much, such as a place to bath, a food source, and a fresh water source. Be careful... someone could easily sneak up on you while you are bathing, or gathering food and water.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Marcus rubbed his head, trying to sort his chaotic thoughts into some kind of order. The first thing he thought of was the corpse that was lying on the ground, largely ignored by a majority of the group. It was Blaine Eno, the boy that he had wanted to kill before.
I wonder if In-between now and then, he killed someone else... Marcus shook his head. Either way, he was glad the boy was now dead. It was troubling to know that him, gentle Marcus, would ever be GLAD someone was dead, but at least it meant no more would be killed at the hand of Mr. Eno.

Marcus then focused on the group. Adam still looked like he was somewhat dazed, but he seemed to be getting his focus back. It seemed as if the lines on his face had become more pronounced since Marcus met him, as if he had aged several years in only that short amount of time. Marcus could not blame him, from what he had heard so far, his best friend was dead, and he just killed someone, neither of which are shruggable occurances.

Marcus noticed Madeleine and Nanami leave the group, heading towards a small group of trees farther away from the river. Marcus again shook his head. She is a snot...Thats for sure, kind of an attention addict. She reminds me of my friends younger sister...
Marcus wondered again if the girl could be trusted. He wanted to be open, to be as accepting of newcomers as Madeleine and Hawley seemed to be, but based on his experience so far, he was pritty much 50-50 with new faces, and odds like that are not good when your life is on the line. He was also pritty good at reading people, and he noticed the sly smile on Nanami's face as they walked towards the trees. Somethings up...but I'll let Madeleine deal with it...there is no use creating a fuss over what could be nothing...plus, she is a smart girl, if something is going on there, I'm sure she could see it.

He heard Adam spout off about killing Mr. Danya, and he grinned and gave him a thumbs up. I would give my right fucking arm for a shot at that man...I bet he even has a small penis...All those insecurities built up to create the Danya monster that we know and love... Marcus smiled, suprised at his own wit.

Marcus jotted down a thought on to his pad for others to see

If were gonna move again, do you think I could have an extra pack and someones spare weapon? I think in a little while I will be ok to move, and maybe by tomorrow I will be ready to help out again. Just an ax or something, I dont need a gun. Hell, I dont even know how to use one.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

((Don't forget, there's still Blaine's wire and handaxe lying around, I do believe :) Just to remind ya. ))

Madelaine and Nanami stood together silently for a moment among the cluster of trees each girl mulling over thoughts of their own. Madelaine herself was wondering what Nanami was thinking, for indeed, her best friend seemed to be lost in contemplation. Well...whatever it was that Nanami wanted to talk about, it must be important. This Madelaine supposed.

It was a while before Nanami spoke up quietly while staring as a clump of clovers nearby, "Shirohara-san....for as long as I can remember, you've always been a great friend to me..."

At this, Madelaine looked at her, mildly surprised that Nanami had decided to make this remark so suddenly, out of the blue. Still, she continued to listen, as she always did. Nanami looked at Madelaine now, smiling quietly.

"The kids back in grade school always picked on me, because I was small and plain," she continued, sounding as though she were musing to herself. "...and also because I cried a lot. I was always really weak when it came to sports, and I was really only an average student..." She paused for a moment, playing with her fingers.

"And then there was you, Shirohara-san. You were always really cool, even as a grade school student. No one ever saw you crying, and you always looked after everyone else. Even the teachers thought you were special, because you were always good with words, writing, that sort of thing.... Everyone really admired you, you know?"

Madelaine did not say anything, but continued to listen silently. Subconciously, she did know, being someone who was praised by teachers so much, but she never really thought much of it. She only worked to her standards, and that was the way she liked it.

Nanami continued, "We might as well have been born opposites...but still, you always stood by me, always making sure that I never got into trouble. And...you were always there to get me out of trouble too. You always worried about me, and scolded me whenever I did something troublesome....and then when I cried, you'd always give me a hug and then buy me ice cream. You remember that, right?"

Madelaine smiled a bit. Of course she remembered. No matter what happened, ice cream always seemed to make Nanami cheer up and even smile a bit, making her forget all her worries and troubles.

She listened as Nanami continued on, "Even now...you continue to protect me, a scared little crybaby like me. Even if everybody thought I was annoying...you'd always stand by me, no matter what." She looked at Madelaine with a strange smile on her face. A period of silence stretched out between them.

Before Madelaine could answer, Nanami suddenly changed the subject.

"Shirohara-san...what weapon did they give you?" she asked offhandedly. Madelaine blinked in surprise at this sudden change of topic, but moved her hand over to remove the tire iron from her pocket. This she looked at now for a moment, feeling the cold, metallic weight in her hands.

Nanami looked it over raising an eyebrow, then gave an incredulous smile. "THAT'S your weapon?" she asked jokingly. Madelaine could not help but smile back.

"Yeah...real pathetic isn't it?" Madelaine agreed, shaking her head. "That's what I thought when I first laid eyes on it. But actually, I also-"

"Let me see it," Nanami said, interrupting, holding out her hand. Startled, Madelaine hesitated for a moment, then surrendered it. Nanami held it in one hand, swinging it a bit curiously, suddenly looking thoughtful. "Wow...for once I got better than you," she commented as she reached into her pack.

She pulled out a small pistol, waving it to show to Madelaine, but not handing it over to her. Madelaine looked it over, impressed, though she was wondering why Nanami was so interested in weapons all of a sudden.

"Lucky..." Madelaine murmured. "Be careful with that, though, or else you might-" She stopped suddenly, seeing that Nanami, for some reason, was now pointing the gun towards her.

"What?" Nanami said calmly, stepping back away from Madelaine a bit. "Afraid that I might shoot myself?" She smirked at this. "Rest assured, Shirohara-san...I've read on it a bit, you know...tried loading it myself, though I've never actually had a chance to use it. Pretty cool-looking, isn't it though? Doesn't even have a manual safety. All you need to do is pull the trigger."

Madelaine stared at Nanami silently, suddenly lost for words. What in the world is Nanami saying? This had to be a joke, right? Nanami is just playing around...no way could she be meaning to shoot me.... She struggled to speak, but no words came out. All she could do was stare at her best friend, and the gun pointed towards her.

Nanami continued, smiling widely now. "But that's just like you, isn't it? You're always like that, aren't you, Shirohara-san? Always looking after others, always making sure they're not getting into trouble. That's Shirohara-san, alright. She will always be there to protect others."

She readjusted her aim now, eyes narrowing slightly. "But who will be there to protect Shirohara-san? No one. No one will take care of her."

Before Madelaine could react, a deafening crack split through the air like thunder, and in an instant, she suddenly felt something rip into the fabric of her blazer to lodge itself into her chest. The impact of the bullet slamming into her collar was enough to send her staggering back to fall hard against the foot of a tree.

Madelaine cried out in pain, as a cold wave suddenly swept over her. Grasping the now freely bleeding wound near her collar, she looked up towards Nanami. Now, her childhood friend and former schoolmate was right over her, aiming the gun directly at her face. From the glint in her eyes and the curve of her smile, Madelaine could see that clearly, Nanami was gloating.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

((had to post again after that^^))

Something like a hurt groan escaped Marcus' mouth as he heard the shot echo loudly in the air. Without regard to his own saftey or his wounds, he began sprinting as fast as he could towards the source of the shot, not believing, not wanting to believe what he knew to be inevitable.

I just hope I get their before its too late...DAMN, I knew something was up, I KNEW it, and I just stood aside and let one of my friends get hurt...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Loud bangs weren't generally the norm in any situation, and hearing a loud gunshot from the area in which Nanami and Madelaine had headed off to wasn't something that Adam had expected to hear. Obviously - something was wrong, perhaps the girls were under attack, or something to that effect.

Well fuck, I can't lose any more friends.

Pulling himself to his feet with an audible groan, he was surprised to see that the pain in his arm had vanished completely (for now, anyways) and began to run full-speed towards the source of the gunshot.

~~~~

Amanda Jones, however, couldn't believe her eyes. She had been the closest to the outskirts of the clearing when she had heard the gunshot, and had in fact been wandering a little bit away from the group. She had done a double-take when she had seen Madelaine crumple to the ground in the distance, and had began to walk concernedly towards the two girls. As she had approached the girls, her blood had run cold when she had seen Nanami pointing the gun at Madelaine's prone form on the ground. The shotgun felt sweaty and damp in her hands as she pointed it towards the two girls. She knew she couldn't shoot unless she wanted to hurt Madelaine, and hoped that Nanami didn't know that same fact.

Yet...Amanda didn't know if she'd be able to shoot her at all - if she would even need to in the first place. First she'd have to ascertain just what was going on.

"Oh my god, Madelaine...Nanami...what the hell happened?"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

His light sleep was destroyed when that oh so familiar sound of a gunshot sounded through the air like a loud clap of thunder, the eerie silence that followed after the pained cry that came from the one shot. The cry that tilted their sanity further and further to the breaking point…

Hawley found himself hardly thinking as he pushed himself onto his feet against the protest of his tried form and took off toward where he had remembered seeing Nanami, and Madelaine wonder off too when the smaller girl had asked to speak with her friend.

Reaching where the two girls stood, Amanda there as well with shotgun in hand asking what had happened. Nanami standing over her friend with a pistol drawn and pointed to the fallen girl’s form, though blood still coated her back, it had long since turned a dark brown/auburn color as it dyed.

But the bright blossom of red spreading across her chest was enough to push all thoughts of maybe this happened, or that happened as the gun in his left hand was gripped tighter.

Though there could be more to this, it was still pretty damn clear as to what happened here but without even thinking about Nanami begin there any longer he was more worried about the flow of blood pouring out from Madelaine.

And he moved forward from his spot standing beside Amanda to crouching down onto his knees beside Madelaine, looking about for anything that he could use to place pressure against the wound…

Anything, he couldn’t let someone die… not when he had a chance to help, he wouldn’t let his hands be coated anymore-innocent blood. She, Madelaine was one of the ones who were supposed to get off the island… he couldn’t break his promise to help here.

Forcing a small smile he continue his search, “I’ll do whatever I can… I promise.” He muttered lightly, more to himself than anyone else.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Still shocked at the realization that her best friend had shot her, narrowly avoiding killing her, Madelaine had barely noticed her friends rushing towards the two of them, until her mind suddenly registered the fact that Hawley was now right beside her, promising that he would help. She looked towards him wordlessly, still too shaken to react quickly. For a moment, Nanami was forgotten, until suddenly she felt something hard slam into her stomach in a painful impact, causing her fall further away from him. It took her a moment to realize that Nanami had viciously kicked her away from Hawley.

All along, Nanami had anticipated this. She had never removed her eyes nor her aim from the fallen Madelaine as others from the group approached... that is, until Hawley had the nerve and the courage to approach her. Immediately, she placed herself between the two and directed the gun towards him, though only for a second, before her aim transferred back to Madelaine, who was well within point-blank range. Disdainfully, she cast a side long glance towards the others who had approached.

"One step closer, and the next one goes through her face," she snapped harshly at Hawley and the rest of the group, tightening her grip on the pistol. In fact, this was what she wanted to happen. She was going to make Madelaine's so-called friends watch her. She would prove to the entire world that she was stronger than Madelaine, by allowing witnesses to watch.

She glanced over at Madelaine, and at the sight of her trembling, wounded form, Nanami only smiled again. This was more fun than she had anticipated, really. Finally, she was the one in control. Shirohara-san was the weakling, and Nanami had control over her. Now, for all the years spent as Shirohara-san's pathetic little shadow, they were even now. ....No! Not a tie. She was the stronger one. She was the winner!

Now all she needed to do was to prove that to everyone else. She would do this in front of everyone, in front of Shirohara-san's friends, the very people she trusted and relied on. She tilted her chin upwards slightly, looking down over her nose at the confused and hurt Shirohara-san.

"So..." Nanami said triumphantly. "Everyone is here to watch. Lovely. Now imagine that, me a scared little crybaby, weak and pathetic, turning out to be stronger and better than Shirohara-san. Just look at Nanami, she's always crying, always so plain and pitiful. Always clinging to Shirohara-san's arm, always needing someone to hold her hand and tell her everything's alright. All of you should pity her." Her smile suddenly faded into a cold gaze of contempt as she looked down at Madelaine. "Well you know what? No more. No more of that crap. This time, I'm the strong one. I'm in control. I'm winning. Someone else will be crying this time."

And all this time, Madelaine could only stare aghast at her childhood friend and former schoolmate as she uttered these words, unable to register all that was happening to her. Immediately, she forgot the pain in her collar and in her stomach, now focused on Nanami, who was revealing a secret side of herself even Madelaine could not believe existed. Nanami...timid, aloof, and sensitive, uttering such harsh words after attacking her twice... this could not be real. This had to be a dream, some horrible nightmare.

"Nanami..." Madelaine whispered, her voice trembling horribly, threatening to lose itself at anytime. "...But...we're friends! Ever since childhood...since grade school...we even spent our summers together, we were always best friends....so close...always sticking together..."

At this, the hand that held the Tokarev trembled, though because Nanami's resolution was faltering. Far from that in fact. Even now, Madelaine continued to irritate her, enrage her even, as she continued to speak of their so-called friendship. Because of that, she now felt more than ready, more than willing to cause Madelaine even more pain. Losing control at least, she threw the tire iron aside and lashed her hand out at Madelaine to grab a handful of her hair, snapping it back to pull viciously so that Madelaine's head jerked upwards suddenly towards Nanami. She smiled as the other girl let out of a startled cry of pain. Now, Nanami had a clear view of Madelaine's face, which was contorted in a pained expression. At this point, her hatred and rage for Nanami finally spilled over, unable to be kept hidden underneath the surface any longer.

"Bitch," she hissed in a voice full of spite. "You suck worse than ever. Who the hell do you think you are, calling THAT friendship?! Ten years spent following you around, living in your shadow while you took care of the both of us, always playing the protective older sister, always treating me like I was weaker than you. Because we were always together, everyone knew that I was weak! Everyone knew how I always clung to you crying like some pathetic little parasite! Everyone knew! Next to you, I'm pitiful. You don't know what its like to be me. You were always the stronger one, always the one in control, always the one telling me what I should do and what not, always knowing fully that because I can't stand up for myself, I need someone ELSE to stand up for me! Because of that....I've ALWAYS hated you." Her breath hissed painfully through her teeth as she paused for a moment, still seething with anger and hate.

"And you have the nerve to call that friendship... the fact that I was always your shadow. I always thought that you only befriended me because you pitied me. Then again...You probably liked, it didn't you?! You probably enjoyed it whenever I clung to your arm crying and screaming, 'Help me', didn't you? You bitch...all that time when you pretended to share my pain, you were probably laughing at me inside! Look at Nanami, the crybaby! Everyone laughs at me! Even on the inside. Just like you. You're all the same. You're just the worst of them all!" By this time, Nanami was screaming now in rage. In an instant, all of the resentment and pain held back over the years had finally resurfaced in a redoubling effect, transforming the shy and somewhat over-sensitive Nanami into a being full of hate.

All this time, Madelaine could only stare helplessly at Nanami as her best friend, one of the very people she cherished the most, flung words of spite and hate at her, revealing at last the horrible truth that had been supressed for all the time they had known one another. For a moment, Madelaine recalled all the times she had spent with Nanami, having picnics on campus...visiting shops together...always sticking close together, laughing cheerfully and talking about how much fun they were having together. All of that had been meaningless, she realized. All of it had been a lie. The realization hit her harder than any bullet would have done. She suddenly felt the remains of her strength leaving her body, making her feel as though she was about to collapse. All sense of feeling was now fleeting, leaving behind only a dark, empty void.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Marcus knew that he had been indecisive and passive for too long. It was time to act. He looked over to Adam and gave him a nearly unnoticable jerk of the head, and then began moving quietly around the side of Nanami. If we can surround her, she can't possibly keep an eye on all of us and still worry about Madeleine at the same time, but we have to go fast! She loses a shitload of blood every second we waste.

"Hey s-s-selfish b-b-bitch" Marcus called out from his new position about 15 feet removed from her left shoulder.
"Who the f-f-f-f-FUCK do y-y-you think y-y-you are?"
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

David had gotten up and started to walk to the area Nanami and Madelaine were at when he heard the gunshot, but when he got from his position to where they were, Nanami had already threatened to kill Madelaine if anyone moved, so he had to stop this from where he was. He looked around his location as he took out his gun. There was a small tree that could conceal him, but it wouuld also hinder his accuracy. Looking to where Nanami was, he noticed that if he took about five steps to the left, he'd be directly across from her, so he did just that and raised the gun.

"Have to stop that bitch before this gets out of hand." he muttered, aiming the gun with his hand shaking.

Shaking? Why can't I get my aim straight? If I don't, I might hit one of my allies. Have to calm down! he thought, sweat starting to go down his head as he tried to calm himself.

Calm down. Slow your breathing until it's perfectly steady. Concentrate on the target, then go for it. You have to keep a cool head or you'll miss. David did not know why the advice Jacob gave him last year just before he pitched the winning throw of the state championships came to mind, but he remembered it all the same. Slowing his breathing to a whisper, he aligned the gun's barrel with Nanami's pistol. He would try to shoot it out of her hand and let the others decide what to do with her. Concentrating fully on the gun in Nanami's hand and his own, David pulled the trigger, sending a lead bullet towards Nanami's gun.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam had encountered the scene around the same time as Marcus, and for all the thoughts in his head, he was shocked - the fact that he was basically right about everything frightened him, and made him only more disgusted with the girl holding the gun. As he glanced at Marcus, who motioned to surround her, Adam gave a curt nod and began to walk to the left of Nanami. He could feel the pistol in his pocket, and put his hand in his pocket to have ahold of it.

"Hey Nanami...the reason that everyone laughs at you and calls you a crybaby is because you fucking ARE a crybaby. It didn't take me five minutes to find that out. Fact of the matter is, you're only feeling strong because you're holding a fucking pistol in your hands. You think that makes you all powerful, you think it makes you strong? You know what it really makes you? It makes you a crybaby holding a gun."

Adam shook his head as he silently thumbed off the safety in his pocket.

"And hey, maybe it'll make you feel better. Maybe before you shoot Madelaine, you'll want to shoot me. Would that make you feel all big and tough, hm? Shoot me, because I saw right through your whiny little bullshit? Hm? Would it, huh? Come on...why not. Put a bullet through the ol' Dodd. Come on, you know you want to. Fucking shoot me, bitch. Come on...RIGHT HERE."

Adam slapped his chest, as he spoke those words.

Internally, he didn't know what the fuck he was doing. Suppose she did shoot him? Then he'd be nice and fucked - dead, even. But he didn't care. If she shot at him, then someone else - David, or even Amanda would be able to shoot her themselves. And if not...perhaps he could.

"You know if Madelaine dies, the next bullet is going through your fucking head. You realize that, right? So you might as well aim your gun over here and pop me one in the chest. I mean, fuck...bullet wounds for everyone, huh? You crybaby bitch. If you hated her for ten years, why the FUCK didn't you say something to her?"

Adam spit in the dirt near to the ground. This HAD to be the morphine talking.

"No one was forcing you to be her friend, you stupid crybaby bitch."

As he readied his gun inside of his pocket, he hoped his goading would work. It might be the only way to save Madelaine.

~~~

Across the group from Adam, who was taunting and almost yelling at Nanami, Amanda's eyes went wide when Adam almost yelled at her to shoot him.

What the hell is he doing? I can't lose Adam AND Madelaine...my god, if she shoots Adam, I'll kill her . Jesus...

Shakily, Amanda couldn't help but enqiure: "Nanami...come on...I'm sure Madelaine, she, uh...she didn't know that things were like that. Come on...why don't you drop the gun...killing her isn't going to solve anything..."
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

As Madelaine cowered helplessly under her grip, Nanami found that she was really starting to enjoy this, the untimely downfall of Shirohara-san at her hands. This was what she wanted for all their ten years of friendship. The look of hurt, shock and confusion on Shirohara-san's face... this was what she truly wanted to see. Looking with interest, she could see painful tears forming at the edges of Shirohara-san's eyes, which only furthered her delight and triumph. See? Who's the one crying now?

Her gleeful thoughts were interrupted just as Marcus called out at her in a stutter, distracting her. How irritating. She turned a bit to cast a disdainful glance at the large form, just as another gunshot sounded from nearby. In an instant, her moving arm was met with a red-hot burning sensation as the bullet skimmed across the back of her arm, tearing into the fabric of her sleeve to strike flesh. She let out a shriek of pain and fury, letting go of Madelaine's hair.

Rather than weakening and loosening its grip on the gun, her hand contracted in convulsion while the pistol was still pointed directly at Madelaine's face. Unintentionally, her fingers pulled back against the trigger, as the thunder of yet another gunshot sounded out in turn.

For a split second, there was the sound of something slicing across flesh, followed by a sudden cry emitting from Madelaine's lips. Immediately, she flinched, turning away and holding onto the side of her face, her pained expression hidden by her long brown hair.

She turned back shakily, daring to look back at Nanami as she removed her hand from her now pale, damp face. A thick, red line now marked where the bullet had grazed the side of her cheek, cutting her just underneath her left eye. Her expression was one of dazed surprise, staring hollowly into space.

Nanami staggered back a bit, holding onto her now bleeding wrist, biting back cries of pain and anger. She swirled around to meet the eyes of the one who had shot her. How dare he...

"Try that again," she snapped at David. "Just try to interfere again. At the very least, it'll put her out of her misery."

It was then that she remembered that Shirohara-san had been wounded in the process.

Looking back at Shirohara-san now, Nanami's eyes wandered over the blood that now coated the front of her blazer, as well as the cut on her face. At the most recent wound, she smiled once again, mockingly this time.

"Not so pretty now, are you?" she jeered at her cruelly, as Madelaine looked up at her, still stunned to silence. "What a shame, to ruin the perfect face of such a perfect person...I guess you have one of your little 'friends' to thank for that." She glanced contemptuously towards David before looking back towards Madelaine. The pistol transferred into her left hand, aiming once again at Madelaine. At point blank range, the next shot will most likely be an instant kill. But for Nanami, she would rather savour the moment a bit longer. "Even if it scars, I wouldn't mind, if I were you. At least it'll give the boys something to stare at."

Meanwhile, Madelaine barely heard her. She simply remained in her prone position, almost motionless. She felt as though her entire self had gone numb, both mind and body. Unable to think clearly, unable to feel a thing other than her own pain, she continued to stare at Nanami silently with an almost dead expression. It was as though some sort of poison was seeping though her body, killing her gradually, painfully as it coursed through her veins and into her mind. Everything was falling apart...nothing was right anymore.

You were....my best friend, someone I held dear, someone I thought I could trust with my life. I thought I would be the one to protect you and take care of you....But all this time...

But all this time, it had all been an illusion.

She was jolted out of her trance momentarily when Adam suddenly spoke up, directing his words towards Nanami. Had Madelaine been in a normal state of mind, it would have been clear that he was basically trying to provoke Nanami from pulling off any drastic action. But now, she could only stare in confusion, with a semi-dazed, half-frightened look on her face. What in the world was he doing...?

He could get himself killed like that...others could get killed....my friends, they....

Nanami let out a snarl of irritation as once again, Adam sent criticism in her direction, calling her the very name she hated being labelled with. Her anger and hate intensified as Adam told her that the strength and control she felt, pointing a gun at Shirohara-san, was simply an illusion she weaved up herself. What infuriated the most was that if nothing else, he was simply speaking the truth.

It was then that she was almost tempted to shoot Adam there and then. Her aim wavered slightly, almost giving in to the agonizing temptation of piling the remaining shots into this loudmouth. But taking note of the people around her, and knowing fully that she was outnumbered, she knew better. So, she only smiled and did nothing to remove her aim from Madelaine, though it was a struggle not to give in to anger.

"Tempting offer, but I'll have to pass," she said coldly. "Rest assured, I'm not going to let it end all too easily. We're just going to watch her bleed to death. How is that, everyone? Sounds fun doesn't it? Of course, if you want me to put her out of her pain, feel free to step forward...or attack..." She waved mockingly towards the rest of the group. "Anyone? No one?" She smirked humourlessly.

"As for what happened in the past...that's none of your business. This is between me and Shirohara-san...and we're going to settle it like the friends we truly are. And of course she doesn't know anything. I'm letting her know right now. Truth is painful, isn't it? It was painful for me, so it may as well be painful to her as well."
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

I missed! David thought with a slight shock. Instead of shooting the gun out of Nanami's hand, he put a bullet through the girl's wrist, which was inconsequential since Nanami had switched hands and the gun was now in her left hand. All in all, his sniping attempt had been useless. Shaking his head, he raised his aim to Nanami's head and called out to her.

"Put it down, or the next shot goes through your head!" he said to her, tightening his finger on the trigger.

"Don't make me kill you, I don't want to. We can all get out of this alive if you just put the gun down." he said, getting desperate as his palms started to sweat with the tension of the situation.

So this is what it's like to be afraid. Well, it's not as bad as I thought, I guess. the near-panicked baseball player thought, his finger dangerously close to firing another shot.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam shook his head. The morphine was in full-blast now and he DID feel like he could take on the world, like Hawley had said. Perhaps just one person would be enough.

"I think the problem with you was that you couldn't handle the truth, as cliched as that is. You couldn't handle the fact that you didn't understand why someone with so much potential would befriend such a useless, whining whore like yourself."

He smiled cruelly at Nanami.

"You do KNOW that, right? You're pathetic. We're all thinking it. If I'm the only one saying it, I KNOW I'm not the only one thinking it. You fucking stabbed your only friend in the back, and now none of us have any reason to keep you around. You pull that trigger and I'll put you out of our misery so quickly you won't have time to blink.

And you know what the funny thing is?"

Adam paused, and shook his head.

"I killed Blaine Eno a short while ago, and I felt awful. I still do. I feel remorse, I don't know if I'm ever going to recover from that. But putting a bullet through your useless, pathetic forehead? You know what the sick, yet funny thing is? I don't think I'd really feel bad at all. I've always been a 'fuck with my friends, you fuck with me' kind of person. Well, bitch...you're fucking with my friends...and I swear to you if that gun goes off again, you're as dead as Blaine is."

Adam smirked.

"So why don't you toss down the gun, step away, and I'll say that you can walk away from here unscathed. Everybody wins. Come on, what do you say, you crybaby? What's a matter, you gonna cry about it? Cry because you know you can't win? Cry because you don't have the strength to survive? You know what they say in this game, Nanami...the strong survive...the weak must die."

Adam glanced at his group, and then at the injured Madelaine.

"Well, you fucking crybaby, you're the weak. And I promise you, if you do anything else to that girl, you won't live long enough to fucking regret it. You won't live long enough to cry about it, either."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Hawley had kept his spot on the ground as words where exchanged between Marcus and Adam toward Nanami, who still seemed to not allow her guard to be dropped as she kept her aim on Madelaine. Though as another gunshot rung though the air, he glancing up just in time to witness it tearing through the sleeve of Nanami’s blazer and into flash.

And though a sharp cry admitted from her throat, that didn’t seem to help the situation as yet another shot rang out and the bullet found it’s way across Madelaine’s face, leaving a trail of blood from the gash trailing her cheek. The words spilling from Nanami’s mouth didn’t help that flash of sheer anger die down… and instead he simply kept his spot intill she finished. Proclaiming that they where to watch her lay there and bleed to death… or they could try and do something and instead she’d meet another bullet to the face, though this one begin fatal.

Shaking his head, he pressed a hand to his forehead as he lightly laughed. Grinning somewhat from his spot as he did, “You think you can control us just because you happen to have that gun? It’s sad to think that you waited till now, till you had a small upper hand over her to admit all this. You couldn’t do this before because you really are nothing but a weak, crybaby aren’t you?”

Struggling lightly, he pushed himself up onto his feet looking her over as his left hand gripped at the handle of his weapon. “Something goes wrong, and you cry… right? But you had something there for you, you had her.” He said, nodding his head lightly toward the fallen form of Madelaine. “Someone there to comfort you and to make the tears go away. You should be happy someone cared about you enough to do such a thing, but you see that as nothing but a burden, and a weakness on your part brought on by her.” He muttered lightly,

“You should be happy, not many people in this world have a shoulder to cry on when they need it. They don’t have anyone there… and they end up learning to live in a very dark shell of their former selves, while the world of light and happiness continues to revolve around them. And there are some who can’t even stand to see that world… and they are the ones who end there own lives…

I tried… at least eight different times before I found the power in myself to take a kitchen knife to my throat. And even then, when I was finally ready. I didn’t go through with it, because though I didn’t know it, I had been cared for. Because I was blind to it, I don’t see you as a bad person Nanami, just blind. Your taking Madelaine’s love and friendship for you the wrong way, making it seem as though she only did it for her own self image. I highly doubt Madelaine is capable of such a thing, I’ve only known her for a short while… but that’s how I see. And if I am wrong, I’d rather be wrong then right.”
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Gradually emerging from the trance of her numbed state, Madelaine stared at Adam as he uttered those words. Though this time, there was no sense of anger. Rather, she suddenly became afraid...afraid for his life. By now she had realized exactly what Nanami was capable of, almost killing Madelaine herself without doing so much as batting an eyelid. But now, Nanami's focus would turn to Adam as he went about taunting her. What in the world was he thinking? If worse came to worse...he could be killed. Or perhaps someone else...no, Madelaine would rather it be her. It was bad enough knowing that she may as well die soon...but to watch her friends get killed...

Madelaine struggled to rise from her frozen state. She had to do something, and quickly...she had to protect her friends... But how?

Remove the threat.

Of all things, the threat turned out to be Nanami, a dear friend whom she had trusted since childhood, someone she cherished deeply...perhaps Madelaine could try to reason with her. But now it seemed as though Madelaine had lost all strength for words. Now, when she truly needed her speech the most, it failed her. There was nothing she could do about it.

Either way, it did not seem Nanami was all too willing to reason with her, or anyone else for that matter. In fact...it barely seemed as though Nanami were herself anymore. It was as though the quiet and docile friend Madelaine had known nearly all her life had ended up being a fake. But then again...actually...

It pained her to admit this, but...

Actually...perhaps all in all, this was Nanami's true self, the side of her personality she had never dared show anybody until now. This cruel and merciless person, full of hate, was the real Nanami.

And even as Madelaine knew what she had to do, she just could not bring herself to do it. All she could do was watch helplessly now at Nanami's reaction.

Her panic began to rise as Hawley suddenly laughed aloud before speaking up, also allowing himself become involved. What if Nanami turned her attention towards him instead? But she could not help but listen to his words as he tried to explain to Nanami that she was mistaken, and that she shoudl realize that she had someone who truly cared about her and wanted to always make sure that she was alright, this he knew after learning from his own experience. It was then that Madelaine realized that what he was saying was infact what she herself wanted Nanami to know and understand.

In no way did Madelaine ever intend to make Nanami feel pathetic, nor did she realize that she had been doing so for the entire length of their friendship. All that mattered to her had been the happiness that came from their friendship, that sense of trust and closeness and seemed more important to her now than anything. That was what Madelaine wanted Nanami to know.

Right now, Madelaine hoped more than ever that Nanami would take to heart and understand what Hawley was saying to her, before something horrible happened.

=================================================

At Adam's scathing comments her about being a pathetic and truly weak person after all, Nanami felt her arm trembling even more out of fury. She listened to him, consumed in a silent, yet seething anger as Adam continued on, mentioning how he would not hesitate to kill her if she hurt Madelaine further. The nerve of this boy...the very nerve of him. Who the hell did he think he was?!

For one merciful moment, her attention was diverted away from Madelaine, as she began to seriously consider the consequences. Hearing Adam's words, she finally realized that absolutely no one around her was buying into her act of making her look like the stronger one. They knew she was weak, they knew that all along, that entire illusion she had been struggling to live up to right there and then was only a lie. Even worse, they were more than determined to protect Shirohara-san now, regardless of the fact that Nanami was the one who eventually decide her fate. As always, everyone favoured Shirohara-san.

It made Nanami recall a memory back in 8th grade, when Shirohara-san had been absent from class that day due to a burning fever. Nanami had to spend the entire day at school alone, quietly listening to the gossip of her classmates while she worked on her own.

"...But have you seen that girl who hangs out with her, though? Nishida, that little nobody who looks all depressed all the time, clinging to someone like Shirohara-sempai."
"Hey...you shouldn't say that. She's right over there, you know."
"That's alright...it's not like she's going to do anything. Anyways...it's kind of cruel for me to say this, but she's like sempai's exact opposite. And you always call sempai perfect, you know? Maybe Shirohara-sempai just pities her."
"Haha, I guess you're right.. "

Even now, the pain and humiliation Nanami had felt all her life redoubled as she remembered where she was now, and what Adam had said about her being pathetic and pitiful compared to Shirohara-san. In front of everyone...in front of Shirohara-san and Nanami herself, this person had just confirmed the very truth about herself that she had fought so hard to prove a lie. All along, she knew that the feeling of being the stronger one, the feeling of being in control, was simply an illusion. Adam himself had confirmed that, and now Nanami hated him more than ever for that.

She fought to control her anger and hate, though it threatened to spill over again. Her attention turned back towards Madelaine, but now her resolved seemed to have weakened, for now she knew that her life was in danger. For certain, she would be killed unless she admitted defeat. But could she bear that kind of humiliation? The prospect of shame was enough to make her sick. No, surrender was out of the question. But then she would get killed.... What should she do? By now she was trembling entirely, beads of sweat running down the side of her pale face.

She forced a wavering smile as she readjusted her grip on the gun and pressed its end against the side of Madelaine's face.

"It's fine if you kill me...she dies all the same," she said harshly, though she was outraged with herself at the shakiness of her voice. Of course she did not want to die. She swallowed hard, now in a panic, though struggling not to reveal it. "I'll do it! I really will! I'll pull this trigger and send one right through her face! It'll be your fault either way, because you tried to interfere! She'll die because of you! How do you feel about that?"

The prospect of death had torn off her mask completely, revealing her for the coward she really was. Still...she had to stop them from killing her, no matter what.

Her rage was momentarily interrupted when Hawley spoke up suddenly after laughing at her, daring to play a part in this. She found herself listening to him, and was taken by surprise as Hawley gave his own explanation of what was really going on. She was almost shocked to realize that she felt almost inclined to believe him, the way he had said it... she almost wanted to believe that Madelaine, all along, had truly cared for her well-being, and had never wished her the sort of pain Nanami wished on her right now. She then remembered the taunts and whisperings of her classmates, how they always compared the two girls. It was so easy to, when they always hung out together. Shirohara-san was well-liked and even admired among her peers. Everyone enjoyed her company, everyone thought she was a cool person. It was amazing that Shirohara-san liked her at all, let alone tolerated her.

But all in all, Nanami could not help but feel that Shirohara-san's kindness towards her was only something that came out of pity.

She uttered in a low voice, now staring at the ground, "Perhaps you are right...perhaps I truly am blind. Perhaps all along, Madelaine truly cared for me...she really wanted me to stop crying whenever I got upset...she was always looking after me, always making sure that I wasn't crying...and that was what I hated the most. I always thought that she pitied me, for being so helpless and useless compared to her...You might say I'm wrong, but...tell me..."

She raised her eyes to look at the group again. "Why else would Shirohara-san show that sort of kindness to me, other than to act out of pity? Why else would she even tolerate me, when no one else would? Like you guys just said...I AM pathetic. I AM a weakling. And because I was weak and helpless and so pitiful...Shirohara-san befriended me. Just how stupid is that? I wanted to be one in control...I wanted to show her that I no longer needed her pity, by doing this to her!"

Desperate for them to understand her, she cried out with fury towards the group, "Why are you trying to protect her, anyways? You've barely even known her for that long, but are you saying she's that important to you? Tell me....what's so good about her? Everyone says she's so great, but she's just a normal person like me! What is it that makes her so wonderful and precious, that you're so willing to let yourself get killed just to give her a living chance? How is it that she's worth so much?!"

She cast a glance upon the faces of each of the company, searching, almost begging inwardly for some sign of a break in resolution. If I kill Shirohara-san....they'll definately kill me...I have to do something...

She glanced round at the surrounding group, knowing that she would be helpless against all of them... But perhaps, if she was quick enough...she could take them by surprise. She could win this, this was her big chance. She had to take it, for it held the only means of escape for her.

Nanami had finally given in to desperation. In a panic, she shrieked towards them, "But now...you guys tried to interfere. Fine...you're all her friends, aren't you? That's just fine, if you want to protect her so much. If you're so willing to die in her place, then so be it! ...All of you... I'll get rid of all of you first!" She looked around frantically, when suddenly her eyes wandered over to Amanda, the one holding the most dangerous weapon. With a snarl, Nanami raised the pistol to aim at her.

"And I'll start with you, first!"

The deafening blast of yet another gunshot followed, and then there was the sound of a bullet striking flesh.

Nanami's eyes widened slightly, as though she had fallen into a state of shock. Her form weakened slightly as the arm holding the pistol wavered, dropping completely to hang limply at her arm. She barely registered what had just happened to her as she began to fall forward to collapse against the ground, her hand clutching the wound where the bullet had exited through the centre of her chest. She writhed against the ground, gasping and choking, almost completely stunned. Blood began to soak into the ground where she lay, collecting into an expanding patch of crimson.

Behind her, Madelaine had risen to her feet, unnoticed. In a raised, trembling hand, she gripped the Smith & Wesson Amanda had given to her, back when she barely knew anything. Now, she stared at Nanami in a wordless expression as the other girl collapsed to the ground. The blood in her face drained away, running cold through her veins. Her lips were parted slightly, continuously letting in silent, painful gasps.

What have I done...?

Her numb fingers weakened, allowing the pistol to drop from her hand to clatter against the ground. Immediately, Madelaine rushed over towards the fallen girl.

"Nanami!" she cried, collapsing to her knees next to her friend. Nanami's small frame writhing painfully, still grasping the wound against her chest. Frantic, Madelaine pressed her hand over Nanami's in an effort to stem the bleeding. It may as well have been all in vein, but Madelaine was unable to think about that right now. All that mattered to her was keeping her friend alive long enough to save her.

"Help her!" She practically screamed out in an anguished cry, at first to no one in particular. Her voice felt weak and dry now. "Someone, please...help Nanami!" She turned back towards Hawley, and then towards the rest of the group with a pained expression of desperation on her face, forgetting about her own wounds completely.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam's heart had momentarily stopped. Absolutely come to a screeching half when the pistol had found it's way to Amanda, who'd hardly said a word up until now. And then when the gunshot had gone off...Adam had, without a second thought, thrown himself at Amanda, knocking her over and to the ground in a sudden burst of energy that he didn't know he had. But then...no bullet pierced his skin, and looking at Amanda, he saw none had gotten to her either...so how...?

Looking up to see Madelaine holding the S&W, he understood. Madelaine...she had fired at Nanami...right through the chest. And the blood...it was everywhere.

Dragging himself up off of the ground, and helping a shaken Amanda to her feet, Adam looked at the girl that had been their tormenter. Bleeding, and in a husk on the ground. As Madelaine cried out at the group for help, for someone to help her...Adam grimaced. The girl who had just moments ago been threatening to kill them all - and Madelaine wanted to help her.

God damnit...who am I kidding...

The rest of the valley seemed to stand, silently...and it was Adam who shook his head, grimaced again, and strode over to the dying girl. Gently, he knelt down and pushed Madelaine's hands away from the wound, and with all of the pressure he could possibly put onto the gunshot wound, he put both of his hands down and tried to cover the wound, almost as if he could heal it with just the touch of his hands..

~~~~

Amanda hadn't had much time to really react to what had been going on. She had heard Hawley offer his scathing criticisms, heard Adam firing words out of his mouth that she figured she'd never hear from him, of all people, and then the gun was pointed at her. The gunshot was one you could hear from miles away, and when she went flying to the side suddenly, she figured she had been shot.

That's it...fuck, I'm done for...

But after working up the courage to open her eyes, she saw that it wasn't, at all, her that had been shot. In fact, it was more along the lines that she'd been shot by someone with an Adam cannon, as Adam had barrelled her right over, in an almost body-check. Slightly dizzy from the impact, she was helped to her feet by her boyfriend, and as she leaned over to pick up the shotgun, she saw the real recipient of the gunshot: Nanami. Amanda finally came to a grim realization as to who else had a gun...Madelaine had. She had given it to Madelaine herself. And Madelaine...well, she had used it to save Amanda's life.

As Adam seemed to begrudgingly walk over to the bleeding girl and try and cease the bleeding, Amanda could do nothing but watch.

Shock does that to people.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “The River”