Starting place for B#54

the begining....

A large, and old warehouse. The corners are covered with cobwebs, and there are a few cracks in the flooring showing its old age. This would make a great meeting place for any group, because of the table, chairs, random knickknacks, and all the tools.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"...hey, wait...I'm not playing. I may look a little...beat up, but I'm not playing..."

Beat up? That didn't even partially sum up how Adam looked at that moment. They had been friends in school, had they not been in their current situation, Jill would have made some smart-assed remark about how bad he looked. Unfortunately, they were in their current situation, and Jill certainly was not thinking straight.

"He isn't playing?" Jill repeated the words in her mind. "Of COURSE he isn't playing, this is Adam. This... is... Adam... but, then why is he covered in blood?"

Did he really expect her to believe him? After all, his appearance did not exactly scream "I'm not playing!". Her hazel eyes once again summed up the figure standing in front of her. He was a mess, there was no doubt about that. Had the other boy not been there, perhaps Jill would have seen him as less of a threat, but right now, when she had yet to even dig her weapon from the bottom of her daypack, Jill felt the foreboding feeling of eminent danger. Her eyes cast to Adam, back to the other boy, back to Adam. Unsure of what to do, she simply stood there. She wanted to run, but something was telling her to stay.

Jill exhaled audibly, her lips trembling as she did so. This was Adam Dodd. If she could not trust Adam then... she could not trust anyone. Even so... Her eyes once again traveled back to the unknown boy and the pistol he held in his hand. Something about him made her uneasy. Perhaps it was the fact that she did not know him and he was holding a gun. Finally, she spoke, almost inaudibly.

"Adam... why are you..." her voice trembled as she spoke.

Somehow, the blood covering Adam bothered her. Severely. Then again, could he have really killed someone? Obviously not, would he not have done the same to her already if that were the case? She wanted to know why. She looked at him inquisitively, but simply could not form the words. Her hazel eyes darted back to the other boy, eyeing him suspiciously as she cautiously started to back away.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

The thunk of the crowbar audibly echoed inside the warehouse, and Cody's eyes rolled back in his head as he slumped over. He made a soft gasping noise on the way down, but by the time he hit the ground, he was out like a light.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As he watched Jill stammer out what seemed to be a question that undoubtedly would have been on the mind of anyone who had seen Adam without knowing the whole story. He knew what followed the scattered sentence, and felt obligated to explain himself; if not to make things less awkward.

"Why am I covered in blood? Well, most of that blood is thanks to this nasty little cut on my arm that'd probably be a lot worse if it weren't for Hawley Faust and his innate stitching abilities. The rest of it was from trying to save the life of someone who'd just shot one of my friends. Yeah, I know, it makes no sense, but..." He shrugged. "...I guess it's just who I am."

Adam slowed down his voice, which he found was going a LOT faster than it usually did. It only did this when he was nervous, to which, he was in this situation. Jill could be a great ally to have on his side, but the fact that he looked like he'd been through a war (he had, in essence) didn't help him much.

Is this what you need, Adam? Another person to protect? Another girl to add to your entourage of people you've sworn to get off the island? Another person that you can let down, and-

Okay, you know what? Shut the fuck up. Once and for all. This little fucking voice that keeps sounding off, keeps being the absolute fucking worst pessimist in the entire world? Fuck the hell off, and get out of my fucking head. Yeah, this game, this game sucks. Yeah, I fucked up, and I let Hawley die. Yeah, I've sworn responsibility for other people, and that's something that I might have to live with if I fuck up. But you know what? There's no way I have a chance in hell of protecting even myself if you're here. So at the risk of sounding like a skitzophrenic who's arguing with himself...GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAD!

Satisfied with his internal diatribe, he turned his attention again to Jill, who was still staring at him as though he had two heads.

"Jill...look...I promise you...this blood, it's mainly mine. Really. Come on...you know me, right? You know that I wouldn't..."

Adam trailed off. He knew that in his heart, what he was about to say would reassure the girl, but he also knew that it was a bold-faced lie. He thought that he'd never kill anyone, but circumstances already had the blood of two people on his hands. He couldn't very well lie to her, or else any conception of trust at all would be gone once the next announcement sounded off; which, by the looks of the sky, was soon.

"...you know that I wouldn't kill anyone in cold blood, I'm not that kind of person..." That was the response he basically squeaked out at Jill, choosing his words carefully. "Now look, here's the situation. Martyn and I are trying to get in the warehouse...and I've got a couple friends locked inside who need my help..."

Adam's voice trailed off again as he looked at the girl standing before him, and the blank look in her eyes, the fear that they betrayed.

"My god...you have no idea what's happening, do you?"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Hawley Faust... stitching... save his life... killed... KILLED... what the hell is going on here?!

Almost instantly, Jill's emotional state changed drastically. Her eyes dropped down to the ground and she shook lightly as she balled up her fists. She was so confused. Why was she here? What had happened? It was all just a haze to Jill, and suddenly, she finally hit her breaking point.

Of everything Adam Dodd had just said, those words were the only ones that had made any impact whatsoever on Jill. All of a sudden, it was as if she could no longer control herself. Adam was right. He was absolutely right. She had no idea what was happening. She was scared to death. This whole time she had almost been delirious. And now... now that she had finally found someone she could trust, she acted as if he was the enemy.

Tears began streaming down her cheeks as she looked at the blood-covered mess that was Adam Dodd standing in front of her. The black eyeliner-filled tears rolled down her face, leaving a light trail of gray where they graced her cheeks. The fact that Martyn was there was now just a fleeting memory in her mind. Almost instinctively, she reached out, grabbing ahold of Adam and sobbing into his chest.

"I'm so sorry..." Jill choked out in between sobs.

She wanted to apologize. Apologize for ever thinking he was a threat. This was Adam, and he was her friend. This whole scenario had completely blown Jill's mind. She was always such a strong person, or at least, she always had been... up until now. Waking up in this environment, alone, confused... scared. What was she supposed to have done?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

(meanwhile....)
A young, less scarred Cody Jenson sat on the players bench in an abandoned hockey rink. It was completely dark, and the only light seemed to shine up from the ice, creating an eerie atmosphere. Cody's head was drooped between his legs, and he seemed to be sleeping, but he was betrayed by the rhythmic tapping that he created by slowly bringing his stick up and down. He jerked up with a start, and hopped over the bench, slowly skating a rotation on the ice. Outside of the ice and the boards was complete darkness, but that did not matter. Cody only cared about the ice. The feeling of him gliding around the ice, nimbly flicking his stick back and forth gave him a sensation that he was never able to reproduce in the real world.

Where am I?

The first rational thought popped into Cody's head as he continued to skate his rounds. He really had no idea where he was. He knew who he was, and he knew that he liked hockey, and when he found himself in a hockey rink, the most rational thing he could think to do was skate. He also knew that his knee did not hurt and he was lacking in quite a bit of weight that he had so carefully gained over the summer. In fact, it felt exactly like last year...

Whoosh

The lights in the stadium turned on, and all of a sudden Cody was not alone. He was surrounded by several hundred fans, and he was accompanied by his Hartford teamates on the ice. He could hear the barks of the coach on the sidelines, yelling for a line switch. He did not even bother skating over, because in a game of this proportion, he would not come off the ice for another two rotations. He saw the team skating at him and his jaw dropped. It was Oceanic. Crosby skated towards him, hes gonna go left, he always goes left... juked him to the right, and sped off past him towards the poor Hartford goalie. Another Oceanic goal, another dream spoiled by that piece of shit Crosby...

Whoosh

The ice changed, he was playing at Calgary. They were 7-0 early in the season, and Cody knew that they had to kill this three on five if they wanted to keep their unbeaten streak going. He dropped into penalty kill along with Chavois and Opeland, slowly skating a spiraling triangle in front of the goalie. Calgary's forewards and center passed it back and forth, trying to poke one in past the best penalty kill in the Juniors. All of a sudden, Cody saw his chance, the puck bounced off the skate of the left winger and went into the boards. Cody raced for it, corralling it with his stick and fighting off two Calgary defenders at the same time. He turned to clear it and felt it happen. One of the Calgary players had trapped his skate parallel to the boards in the other direction. His entire knee gave out, and Cody dropped immediatly. The crowd faded, the players were gone, Cody was alone. The ice was cold against his bare face, but he lay still, tears of frustration and pain slowly pouring down his face. Cold and Lonely. That is how Cody felt from then on.

Cold, and Lonely
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Stepping back, Madelaine stared with cold fury as the form of the boy dropped to the ground at her feet, now motionless, apparently knocked out. Her form shook slightly. Her fingers were still wrapped tightly along the tire iron, as though anticipating the very moment the boy would try to get up...

It was then that the thought just occurred to her...

"....Shit."

She cursed aloud, rather uncharacteristically. Perhaps Adam's way of getting expressing himself was getting to her? An inappropriate thought, given the situation, but still...

Looking at the fallen boy, still breathing, though irregularly, she remarked shakily, "Hope I didn't kill him..."

She glanced apprehensively towards Amanda, as though to note her reaction to the offense... At least Madelaine could take solace in the fact that she was merely trying to defend Amanda. Really, to do something like that...

Her attention was drawn to the exchange of voices just outside the now permanantly bolted door. Cautiously making her way over, listening for any familiar voice. She could just barely recognize Adam's...as well as that of a girl she couldn't recognize.

"...A-Adam....is that you?" She murmured cautiously.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

In the first moments of Jill’s arrival Martyn had to admit he didn’t know how he was supposed to handle this situation, this all before Adam made actions that showed that he knew her – probably another person from this Barry Coleson school he had mentioned earlier.

But what could have done if she had been one of the ‘players’ we wasn’t even able to draw his weapon against two armed men, had he anything to do it against what seemed to be an unarmed girl. But as the two begun to converse, Jill seeming to be unsure of the fact of the blood that coated Adam’s form… blood he hadn’t noticed when they had met.

Blinking green eyes from behind his glasses he allowed them to drift to the girl, as she seemed to look at him for a moment before returning to Adam. Clutching at the gun in his hand a moment longer before retreating the cold piece of metal into the coat of his uniform;

That was the difference between Adam and himself, these Barry Coleson students… there seemed to be a number of them on this island. That played well in their favor, as they already knew one another, and in some cases no doubt be able to trust one another when needed.

He himself on the other hand, had no one… all his friends, the people he trusted with his life where God knows how far away back in Scotland. No doubt unaware of what had happened to him as of yet, though it would spread when he didn’t show up at his Auntie’s house within the night.

What would happen then… would anyone try to do anything to find him, well of course… but what happens when they found out just where he happened to be? Trapped on some island, with some exploding collar bound about his throat, and given a weapon with the single mission to kill or be killed.

Those few words, ‘kill or be killed, sent shivers all through Martyn as if someone had just threw him in the middle of the north pole stalkers in nothing but the skin he was born with. Drowning in his thoughts he had all but forgot the fact he was in the presence of others… the thought over-lapping everything at the moment, the choked sobs coming from Jill now wasn’t helping the situation at all.

The question was still running clear in Martyn’s mind, though it had been directed toward Jill the words themselves hit something hard inside of the young man. He himself, though keeping his optimistic appearance up now begun to notice the spoiled taste of his new reality setting in, cutting him up from the inside out.

Falling against the outside walls of the warehouse with a noticeable thud, he lay against it a minute trying to work all of what was running about in his mind into some kind of order though as he lay. Something stuck out… a voice, sounding almost as if it was coming from the inside, instead of the outside.

"...A-Adam....is that you?"

Blinking lightly, he turned a little, glancing toward the door a foot or so away with a light look. Wondering perhaps if he was hearing things… But took a glance Adam and Jill's way wondering if they had heard it as well.

"Did 'nyone..." Martyn began, pursing his lips a bit before continuing. "Did you, just bloody 'ear that too?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Inside of the warehouse, Amanda had been shocked by the violation of her inner circle. When Cody had forced his lips upon her, she had instantly been disgusted, and a part of her wished that she had been of the mental volition to pull the trigger as her shotgun dug into his privates.

That would have made for a mess...damn shame that I didn't decide to do it. Little bastard's lucky I'm not a little more unhinged...

As disgusted as she was, she was about to verbally go off on Cody when his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he collapsed to the ground in a heap. Blinking suddenly, she stepped back, but breathed a sigh of relief as she saw that it was Madelaine who stood before her, tire iron at the ready, quite obviously the one who had dealt the crushing blow to the back of Cody's head. As Madelaine seemed to realize what she'd done and swore in response, Amanda shook her head slightly, and spit on the ground, directly onto the fallen form of Cody Jenson.

"You know, Madelaine? It's times like this that I wish that I'd known you for a lot longer than just the hell in this game. It's times like this that people like you come up huge in my book. What a fucking jerk!"

Looking down with disdain at the body of Cody, the THUDding noise at the door began to start and it caused Amanda to whirl around. Madelaine's hearing was likely better than Amanda's, because while Amanda heard nothing, it seemed as though when the thudding stopped, someone was talking. Amanda couldn't make out who the voices were, but Madelaine seemed to think that one belonged to Adam.

Thank god...I hope he's okay...if he's out there trying to open the door by himself, he's a sitting duck.

Her eyes raising in alarm, she realized what was obvious. If Adam wasn't actually out there, or he was being coerced to open the door; if whomever was trying to get in killed Adam and walked in firing...the girls and Dorian might be sitting ducks.

"Madelaine!" Amanda hissed at her friend, and motioned for her to duck behind a large crate, which Amanda also did herself. Pointing the shotgun at the door, she couldn't help but wonder if there were any other exits to the warehouse.

Look at me, all in game-mode. Isn't this pathetic, it's draining the humanity right out of us!

~~~

As a sobbing girl collapsed into his arms, Adam Dodd couldn't help but think: damnit, why the hell didn't this ever happen in the real world? For the second time in almost as many days, a crying girl had collapsed into him, and it was almost something out of a cheesy romantic comedy. Nonetheless, Adam couldn't help but pat the girl on the back, and try and comfort her.

"Don't be sorry...I mean, really. There's nothing you can do in this situation but think the worst. I mean, shit...I'd probably think the same thing if I came upon a gun-wielding, blood covered guy. This is one fucked up situation that we're in, and hell, I don't think it's going to get any better before it gets worse. But really, you've just gotta smile, make do with the good shit you've got, and...well, I guess in this case, try not to die."

He grinned at the other girl as the words came out of his mouth, and for a brief second, he felt normal again.

What he would have given for that second to be any longer than it was. What brought him out of his thoughts was a small voice that seemed to pierce through the doors, that Adam barely heard; but Martyn, who was close to the door, heard loud and clear. As Martyn surprisingly commented on the voice, Adam grinned, as he recognized the voice inside of the warehouse.

"Fuck yeah, that's one of my friends, Madelaine...she's probably in there with Amanda, who's..." He paused. "...another friend of mine." He figured it best to keep a low key as far as how his relationships with other people went. He WAS one of the more-connected people in the school, but he didn't want to scare Martyn off, for the poor boy did seem to be fairly shaken up; not knowing anyone and all. Releasing Jill, patting her on the shoulder again, he turned to Martyn.

"We've got to get inside somehow. You got any ideas, man?"

(Post 777! Yay!!!)
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

By now, Jill was beginning to regain her temporarily lost composure. She stifled her sobs as Adam spoke up. Somehow, the fact that she had found one of her friends was comforting. Granted, she had been dropped into one messed-up game and her chances of survival were probably very slim, but that did not matter at the moment. What mattered was that she was safe. Adam had just finished speaking as Jill's thoughts finally cleared from her mind. The last few words he spoke, she heard loud and clear.

"...and...well, I guess in this case, try not to die."

The cheesy grin that spread across Adam's face as he spoke that sentence was almost enough to send Jill into a fit of laughter. Christ, Ad... of all the stupid things you could have possibly said.... It was funny, somehow. Jill's lips slowly formed a slight smile as she thought about those words.

"Did you, just bloody 'ear that too?"

Martyn's words interrupted her thoughts, and as Adam turned to face the boy, she did the same, looking at him inquisitively. Not having heard any voice herself, Jill was a bit confused. Of course, the only reason she had missed the voice was due to her own incessant crying. She brought her hand up to her face and gently rubbed at the gray lines running down her cheek, trying to wipe them away.

Assessing the situation once more, Jill decided she had stumbled in on something she knew nothing of. Apparently, Adam's friends had been locked in the warehouse, and the two boys had been trying to free them. He had told her that much. Other than what she had just been informed of, Jill was completely oblivious to the situation. She had just happened to run up on the chaos that was ensuing. As Adam spoke up, Jill remained where she was standing and folded her arms across her chest. Somehow, she doubted that she would be any use to the boys at this point in time.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Martyn gave a small smile when Adam confirmed that the voice was that of one of his friends – though he could only wonder how many people where currently grouped up with Adam at the time. He could see why people would want to stay around him. Martyn himself had only been around him a little while, but in that short time he was able to see how levelheaded, and kind the other young man seemed to be.

Peering about the corner he eyed at the windows, far to high off the ground from them to reach on their own but if perhaps one of them could boost the other up, maybe they could reach the window itself. “We could try and get in through one of the windows…”

Picking himself off the wall he moved toward one of them looking up, rubbing his chin a little. “Yeah, this could work… If one of us can be boosted up there, I’m sure someone could craw through it.” He muttered, blinking some as he glanced back toward where the other two stood lips keeping formed into a small smile.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Sniffling lightly from her crying spurt moments ago, Jill's attention turned to Martyn yet again. He had a point, someone could probably be hoisted up there. She glanced at Adam, then back at Martyn. She was obviously the smallest person, so... it would probably make sense, but was it really a good idea?

"So... then what?" Jill inquired.

It could be a good plan, but Jill personally was unsure of what the next course of action would be once someone was hoisted to the window.

"Whoever goes can't just drop down inside, won't go any good, will it? If there were a way out from inside, they'd have probably found it already."

Jill sniffled again, still trying to completely regain her composure. As she spoke to Martyn, she felt almost guilty about believing him to be such a threat at the drop of a hat. He seemed to be a pretty nice kid, and smart to boot. Maybe he had never picked up on the hostility she had had toward him at the beginning of their encounter... at least, Jill hoped so.

"But if you have any ideas... I can go, I'm the smallest... but is that such a good idea? What if they flip out because they don't recognize me?"

The thought had certainly crossed Jill's mind. The last thing she could possibly want to do right now is have someone go insane on her because they did not know who she was. Somehow, it did not seem like much of a possibility, but it still was one. Madelaine and Amanda, huh? Jill knew a lot of people at Barry Coleson, but the names were not ringing a bell. Lapsing out of her state of thought, Jill glanced at Martyn, hoping he had the answers she was seeking.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

Tell him we know him. Tell him it will all be ok if he just follows us.

Cody was lying facedown outside, and he had no idea how he got there. He rolled over and sat up, taking in his surroundings. He saw a field of long bluish grass, which swayed eerily in the absence of wind. The sky was a deep shade of purple, and the first glint of stars could be seen, but yet it was light. The smells of burning wood and something cooking drifted to his nostrils, and he found himself salivating. He saw two hooded figures conversing about twenty feet away from where he was sitting, and they seemed to be discussing him. They both wore elaborate cloaks, the one embroidered with a moon and star pattern shone like silk in the unsettling luminescence. The other wore a cloak of a deep red color, and it seemed to be swimming in itself as he talked. They both seemed to be affected by the phantom wind, as their cloaks billowed to the rhythm of the grass. Cody took all this in with a wideyed unbelieving look, gaping at all the new sights. Where am I?

The two seemed to finally notice that Cody was coherent and they approached him warily.

Are they scared of me?

The one in the dark cloak spoke first, addressing Cody with a reverance and respect that he had never heard before.

"Master, your bed is ready if you wish to sleep"

The dark cloaked one extended his hand to Cody, and Cody glimsed pale skin and long fingernails on impossibly long fingers. He began reaching. A bed, after all, did seem inviting, and he could not help thinking about the savory food that continually wafted smells his way. He thought better of it though at the last moment. Perhaps it was because of the way the hooded figure tensed up as he reached, or perhaps it was how the other figure had remained steadily silent this whole time. Either way, Cody withdrew his hand.

A hiss seemed to escape dark cloak, and he pulled his hand back as if burned. He took a step back and continued to watch Cody, who was still seated on the ground.

The other figure approached after what seemed like eons. He looked at Cody, and with a voice full of sadness, stated,
"There is more blood yet to be shed, I see. You will learn in time that the path that you have chosen is not an easy one."

He extended his hand to Cody, and once again the pale skin was apparent in the moonlight. This time, Cody reached and grasped it. The hood of the figure was thrown back, and Cody recognized the smiling figure. Danya

"Welcome back Cody. We thought we lost you for a moment there. Well, now that we know that you are alive and well, I have a little suprise for you. You know how you used to play hockey? And how you were always second best? We'll, we found a way for you to fix all of that."

Danya then leaned foreward and whispered something into Cody's ear. It was not audible over the billowing cloaks, but whatever it was made Cody smile.

The form that had layed dormant on the ground for such a short time violently convulsed, startling everyone in the room. What appeared to be a great seizure overtook Cody's body, and a wet spot appeared on the front of his jeans. It finally ended, and Cody rolled over and picked himself up to his hands and knees. He proceeded to vomit everything that he had in his stomach along with a generous amount of blood onto the ground, and even after the flow ended, the retching and heaving continued for several minutes. It ended with Cody panting, still on his hands and knees on the floor of the warehouse. He looked up at Amanda, who was still standing over him, which must have given her quite a shock. Several Blood vessles in both of his eyes had exploded, and both were completely red outside of the retina.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

He kept his eyes on the windows as Jill talked, trying to figure out a way of action before moving into something to quickly which could result in one of them being hurt, or even worse… killed. Blinking some he readjusted his glasses a little before removing them, his horrid habit of chewing on the ends showing now.

“Well so far we know that Adam’s friend, or probably friends are in there… if we can get them and tell them through the door the plan, that would lessen the chance of us getting hurt. But of course I do wonder why they haven’t tried to go for the windows either… there could be something happening in there that we don’t know about…”

Frowning Martyn continued chewing on his glasses thoughtfully, the plan had both its ups and its downs, what could be good one minute was turning horrid the next. “This is all I can think of… unless there’s another door around here, or some way to get in from the roof I don’t see another way really…”
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Amanda Jones knew from her classes on the human anatomy that just before you died, you lost control of your bodily functions. It was a messy and unpleasant thing that occurred before death, and more often than not, that part was left out of most movies that contained even one death. When Cody Jenson; the boy that Madelaine had felt it appropriate to clock on the back of the head with her tire iron began to shake, shiver, and literally spasm around on the floor, Amanda thought that perhaps he was having a brain hemmorage. Perhaps the boy was going to die. Of course, as he lost control of his bladder and began to vomit on the floor; both blood and whatever the contents of his stomach had been, Amanda couldn't help but take a step back in fear. Not in fear that he'd strike, but rather in fear that he'd get his messy vomit all over her shoes.

What a thought. The guy's dying on the floor, and here I am not wanting to get anything on my shoes. If he hadn't sexually assaulted me...yeah, I guess that's basically what he did, if he hadn't done that, I'd feel sorry for the guy. Instead, I'm not wanting him to puke on my shoes. Jeez, Amanda.

Her blood, however, ran cold as Cody looked up at her with his eyes (that appeared full of blood) and a look on his face that bordered on insanity. Remembering the shotgun in her hands, she took another step back, feeling the crate that she'd been standing beside right against her back. The banging on the door had stopped, and she now heard voices coming from outside.

Did Adam get killed? What's going on, why aren't they trying to get in anymore...? He must be thinking up a plan, that has to be it...

As she hesitantly pointed the shotgun at the fallen boy, she couldn't help but wonder how long it was going to take for the others to finally get into the warehouse.

Coming here was definitely a mistake...

~~~

Outside of the lighthouse, a very similar thought was going through the mind of Adam Dodd, currently trying to figure out how the best way to go about putting this plan into motion.

All's well if we can get someone up there, but really, shouldn't we be more concerned with getting people OUT of the warehouse, instead of getting people IN? Damnit, coming here was a big fucking mistake.

Adam scratched the side of his face and exhaled sharply. Judging by whatever commotion seemed to be going on inside (he had heard thrashing around and no one inside seemed to be saying much), it would be an idea to get their plan moving, and soon.

"Okay...guys. That's all well and good, but how're we going to get people OUT of the warehouse? Isn't that the big question? Like...fuck, guys, I dunno. I don't buy it. There's gotta be more than one door to this warehouse, right? So maybe this one's been shot closed, but there has to be another one. At least, most warehouses that I've seen have more than one door."

Another thought popped into his head.

"Hey, nobody has a drill with them, eh?"

Yeah, a drill. Yeah, right. Damnit, how're we going to do this?
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Jill stared vacantly at the two young men as they discussed their current options. She ran her fingers underneath her cheek again, removing most of the rest of the smeared makeup that had adorned it only moments earlier. Jill couldn't help but shoot Adam an almost sarcastic look as he questioned the two on whether or not they happened to have a drill. Right, Adam... let me just pull that right out of... She stopped in thought, knowing better than to get into a battle of sarcasm with Adam Dodd.

The two young men kept on talking about the possibility of other doors. Somehow, Jill found it odd that they had not checked for these mystery doors. Then again, Jill had no idea how long they had been there or if they had even had time. Perhaps... she could be of some use after all. Jill dashed off around the side of the warehouse without so much as acknowledging the boys. At this point, they must have thought she was strange, but Jill had other things on her mind.

She jogged around the warehouse, scanning along for a door, a low window, or just... some kind of opening. She had made her way completely to the other side of the warehouse before she finally saw it. It was an old rusted garage door which had been carefully closed. It did not appear to be locked. Jill pulled up on the handle, thinking it would raise automatically. Her effort was to no avail, however. Sighing loudly, she almost reluctantly called out to the boys.

"Adam! Martyn! Over here!" Jill shouted.

It was a dangerous move, but quite honestly, if someone was going to shoot her, they would have already done it. Unless, of course, she had just attracted their attention with her yelling. Regardless, it had to be done. Jill continued to try to pull open the garage door by herself. Obviously, she was wasting her strength, but she had to at least try. After all, she was putting these boys in danger just by being around and she knew it. She had to prove herself useful somehow, if only to satisfy herself.

Jill braced herself against the ground and continued to push upward. She certainly was not strong enough to lift the rusty door. At least, not by herself. This door had to lead into the warehouse, though. It just had to. Maybe, if the boys helped... if they all tried together... maybe it would open. Reluctantly, Jill let go of the handle, awaiting the arrival of the two young men from the other side of the warehouse.

Return to “Old Warehouse”