Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Weird thing I remembered from long ago reading the thread back this morning - boogie claiming he lost an extra life - did we ever establish what that was all about?

I just want to clarify that while he is in his time of beef
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

i was 1x bulletproof and got shot by some faction in the night, that’s really all there was to it
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

I more just wanted to comment regarding your time of beef, to be real
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

i am not accepting any questions from the press at this time
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

So here's who we got, and I added some quick thoughts about each of them (sidenote: I forgot how hilarious we all were on Day 2, there are like eighteen competing theories and people throwing suspicion and jumping trains almost at random, I love it).

Primrosette: after a quick scan of Prim's ISO, I am actually pretty hard against a Prim lynch. They haven't been the best town in the world, but their early, entirely earned push on Poly gives them some serious towncred for me, and they've echoed a lot of my own thinking

MethodicalSlacker: for some reason I had a vague gut-level feeling that MS was some kinda scum, but now that I'm looking them over I...really like what I see? They're calling out bad play, they're chasing down threads, they voice early suspicions of Deamon and EP that they follow through on, they're open to having their mind changed. I really like what I'm seeing.

dmboogie: claimed power role, has been on two different buses that flipped scum (joined Deamon train pretty early, but the poly train's a little interesting: I'll get into it below)

General Goose: confirmed innocent, will lynch on principle later (this is a joke)

Cactus: Iiiiiiiinteresting. Cactus is currently my substitue Murder, in that, while I agree with a lot of what they say, they're bothering me on a gut level? I think with Murder it was because they were probably operating off information they'd gained as the gunsmith but couldn't share that fact. I don't know for sure if that's the case with Cactus, too.

KamiKaze: At this moment, I am fairly confident in Kami's Town-affiliation. I love their analysis and while they push Deamon hard once they feel like they've got a case, they take it slow and don't jump on trains for no reason. It's cautious, patient, and deliberate. It doesn't rule out an SK, but it's good play as long as I think there's still scum left on the field, and they share a lot of my analysis of blast's claim.

Grim Wolf: the towniest town that every towned BURN THE CHILD

Riki: I haven't really given Riki in-depth analysis since our early alliance over blast, but I really love their most recent post. It takes Zetsu's flip and does some really good analysis with how it more-or-less exonerates Prim from being scum associated with the known scum faction, and their analysis through the preceding days also feels really good to me: they jumped on the prim train for the same reasons I did but better, and they kept thinking things through based on each new reveal.

After some thought, I feel like I've got no choice but to VOTE: DMBOOGIE

Let me explain a little. Boogie's early soft-claim gave them an abundance of town-cred, and my personal thought was that they were some kind of JOAT, hence why I did not want them to roleclaim at the time. However, over multiple night phases, no one has taken the shot at boogie. Maybe it was the risk of an unknown quantity, but with a pretty consistent two nightkills, surely someone would have thought "hang on, he's not bulletproof anymore." The only reasons not to take a shot at a known power-role are 1) doing so would risk unnecessary exposure (right now I don't see how anyone would be implicated by boogie's death) 2) boogie's been a useful voice to scum (analysis says that they're not really providing much in the way of cover to the flips we've had so far), 3) boogie poses unknown risks (seriously doubt that anyone thinks that boogie is both a vig/pgo/bomb/whatever, and as the nights wear on the chances of them having secret powers left in reserve decrease) or 4) boogie has scum affiliation, most likely being the Godfather

I'm willing to admit that there are some holes in my theory here. It hinges on the fact that boogie's bulletproof nature would also allow them to be notified of an attempt to take the shot at them, and as I'm assuming at this moment that boogie is the Mafia Godfather with full nightkill immunity, I don't know if that's a standard facet of a bulletproof character. In fact, I very nearly decided not to place this vote due to doubts like these, combined with how early they jumped on the Deamon train on Day 3.

But after reading Day 2, I felt like I had a clearer picture. Both Polybius and boogie are pushing a prim vote almost until the last moment, and boogie only jumps ship to the poly train when it's really picking up steam (around L-2). Poly also accuses boogie of being suspicious without really following through on it, and boogie is also quick to note that he expects a fairly high number of Vanilla Townies (which it appears are going to make up the bulk of the mafia safeclaims). I added after boogie's soft-claim that I was fairly confident in boogie, albeit with some reservations, as it could be an elaborate gambit. Looking over their play over several days, I'm feeling more confident in that theory. By coming forward, boogie hoped to be a voice beyond suspicion: my guess is that, upon realizing that their might be visible cooperation between themselves and Poly, boogie jumped on the Deamon train early to make sure they maintained their towncred.

I said I'd put a vote on someone tonight, because I don't want us getting picked off over the nights to come. Right now, based on the evidence I have, I think boogie's the best bang for our buck.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Grim Wolf wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:57 am But after reading Day 2, I felt like I had a clearer picture. Both Polybius and boogie are pushing a prim vote almost until the last moment, and boogie only jumps ship to the poly train when it's really picking up steam (around L-2).
we already talked about this a couple day phases ago; i voted poly when he claimed, and i'm certainly not the only one who did that? i hopped on the train late in the lynch, because he did the most suspicious thing late in the lynch, and a couple other people beat me to the voting gun before i could hop on
boogie is also quick to note that he expects a fairly high number of Vanilla Townies (which it appears are going to make up the bulk of the mafia safeclaims).
how is this scummy at all man, most mafia games have a pretty high number of vanilla people. as is, we have two dead in the graveyard right now, MeS if we trust his claim, and probably at least one more among the people who are still alive
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

On some level, it's just math, boogie. There are currently 8 players left, and I know for certain that 25% (me and Goose) are Town. So one of my votes is gotta fall on the other 6.

My analysis of Prim immediately makes me get off that train (down to 5), and Riki's analysis makes me really leery of the prim train period (Zetsu's flip makes everything more suspect), so Riki's off my lynch list, too (down to 4). As I'm going through ISOs and the thread days themselves I find that I like most people's logic, their pushes, and their analysis (including some of yours). But that claimed bulletproof factor, with no follow-up claims or kills, rubs me the wrong way (Cactus brings it up again, earning some soft town-points). As I keep reading through Day 2 I see less and less I like. When I find that you've been pushing the prim train since Day 2 (and pushing it alongside Poly until that train was really picking up steam), I feel like I've got my analysis. Of three potential candidates (MS, Kami, and boogie), your play is the only one I can see clearly fitting into a scum basket. An early claim of bulletproof to earn towncred (so successful I was even willing to follow you on a policy-lynch), and everything else I said above, makes me thing you could be bulletproof scum playing a deep game, and right now of our potential lynches I think you're our best choice.

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

EBWOP: my line about Cactus in the above-paragraph was supposed to mention that the soft town-points were enough for me to temporarily take them off my favored lynch list, but I forgot to drop it in. That's why I only see three potentially-useful lynches on the board atm.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Glad to see I'm giving *someone* funny feelings inside their belly. Nice to know that somebody cares.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Fenris

Post by Fenris »

The votes are as follows:

Primrosette: 1 (dmboogie)
dmboogie: 1 (Grim Wolf)

Approximately 4 days remain. 8 alive means 5 to lynch. Who decides when the end is nigh?
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

I do.

(that was my bah post)
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

j
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Glad to see I'm giving *someone* funny feelings inside their belly. Nice to know that somebody cares.
My only reaction is to link to this.

"Time of beef" has the same energy as Dodd drunkposting and Grim accusing the Innocent Child of being maf, btw.

I personally agree that there might be more VTs out there. So far, there's been three known so far, if we're counting MS. I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two running about that haven't been revealed yet.

I'll have to do more research into Boogiewoogie, though.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

I'd also really like some more thoughts from MS, Riki, and Prim, plus maybe some actual Cactus content to quench my thirst.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Cactus

Post by Cactus »

i will provide some content when it's not 1:44am and i don't have to wake up at 7am.

it'll probably be bad content because i don't know wtf i'm doing but ... ey, you asked
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Return to “Mafia”