The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness

Day 12; late afternoon. Private.

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Over the course of his life, Morgan had made a lot of jokes about someone ending up 'inside' someone else. It was low-hanging fruit but usually elicited at least a half-chuckle from most people. It was almost always intended as a sex joke.

There was nothing remotely sexual about the sudden intrusion of fingers into the bullet wound in his shin. The sensation of a wiggling intrusion into his leg was horrific and he screamed in both agony and revulsion as he fell to one knee, grabbing at Diego's arm to try and free the boy's slippery digits from their new home.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

He slid his fingers out the wound, pushed himself up. He circled around Morgan, dodging out of his grasp.

And he pushed.
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Morgan was going to teach Diego how to fly; Diego had insisted he demonstrate.

The pressure relieved from his leg, but as Diego came alive and gave him a shove, Morgan quickly understood that he had a whole new problem now. As he saw the boy move in his peripheral vision, he tried to stand, but he wasn't fast enough; he reached out for something to steady himself, but there was nothing to grab. He managed to take one step back and find solid ground, but his own momentum ensured that the second step didn't. Therein lay the problem.

Fortunately for him, it wasn't likely to be a problem for very long. Diego had just shoved Morgan right off of the cliff.

As he felt himself enter free-fall, Morgan knew that these; the final moments of his life, were a time for reflection. He should have been thinking of how this was fate's way of bitch-slapping him for being so damned preachy — he wasn't a killer. Quipping as he was about to murder someone was something that he might see in a movie, not in a bonafide fight to the death. Had that been a fatal mistake? Probably. The whole enterprise had been a mistake from the start. Trying to hunt down killers was an insane plan and in the end, it was liable to get all of them killed. Lizzie had been right; they should have just hunkered down and enjoyed the moments they had left.

She had been one of a kind, Lizzie. They matched together so well, his irreverence and her comedy. Everything had been awkward between them and yet worked so well, falling into the fountain in Washington had been so very them. He missed her; her death had weighed so heavily upon him, mainly because it had been his own damn fault. Morgan had to go out searching for the lost soul that was Michael Froese.

Of course, over and over, Michael had been a recurring thread throughout his journey. They were best friends — brothers almost — and knowing what kind of a gentle soul that his friend had was enough reason to try and prevent him from doing something awful, something he couldn't take back. Morgan had failed in that regard; Michael had died a multiple murderer whose name would likely never be uttered in the halls of George Hunter again. Morgan himself had felt terrible about disowning his friend, understanding that once he was gone, he couldn't take his feelings back.

He should have thought of his parents; never being able to make things right with his father. That one fateful day had put everything in motion for him. One careless mistake had almost cost him the life of his mother. Perhaps Radko Dragosavich had been right all along — one mistake would cost Morgan his own life. One moment was all it took to unravel the tapestry of life. His mother had been fortunate, she had recovered. What was more, she had forgiven Morgan. Had she not, he wasn't certain that he'd have been able to go on. Her smiling, kind eyes was a memory that had kept him company on many of these lonely nights on this hellish island.

What would they have thought of their son? Morgan had tried his best. That was all that could be asked of a teenager who had no real survival skills to speak of and felt best at home in a laboratory or a garage. His friends were all gone. His girlfriend was gone. There was no one left to utter his name or mourn over his loss. Unless Aurelien had better luck in his own quest for vengeance, no one would notice his demise. No one would vow vengeance for Morgan, as he had for Henry. Poor, kind Henry. His buddy, the Spaceboi. Morgan should have thought that at least, for Henry's sake, he had tried his best. If only it had been good enough.

Morgan should have thought all of those things. Final moments were supposed to be for reflection. They were supposed to be thoughtful and deep. He should have had something better to say for his last words than a stupid joke.

But he didn't.

Instead, the only thing that went through Morgan Dragosavich's mind as the dark, watery surf rushed towards him was pure, unadulterated fear. His arms flailed helplessly; he opened his mouth to try and say some sort of a farewell to anyone who might be listening.

All he could muster was a blood-curdling scream; a scream that after a thunderous crack from the bottom of the cliff was suddenly — mercifully — cut short.

B027: DRAGOSAVICH, MORGAN -- DECEASED
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

The echoed screams resounded through the area long after Morgan died, somehow making themselves heard above the thunderous crashing of the waves.

Diego stared from above at the foamy water long after they swallowed up his body, leaving just the implication of it being dashed against the rocks over and over again, tossed like a ragdoll.

He took a few stuttered steps away from the edge and stumbled, fell on his back, collapsed onto the dusty ground with a thud.

And in the moments after, giddy laughter trickled out of Diego's throat, almost but not completely overwhelmed by the ocean roaring and laughing with him. He was alive.

Almost every square inch of his face screamed, moaned. Almost every square inch of his face had been bruised or broken in some manner, but he was alive.

Blood continued to trickle from his rib, the daylight stars continued to twinkle at him from the overcast sky, the world turned and turned around him and there was a growing urge to expel all the contents of his stomach, but he was alive.

And that was something Morgan couldn't say now.

For once, he was left speechless.

What Henry and Morgan didn't get — what they would never get — was that survival without integrity was still survival. It still meant something to him. He might not be able to look at himself in the mirror anytime soon, literally, metaphorically, but there would still be a mirror to look at at the end of the day. If he survived, then there'd be time to feel bad, there'd be time to atone for everything he'd done.

Not that he was feeling bad just yet. All the broken bones and teeth aside, he felt great.

That feeling subsided, of course. Everything good did.

What eventually set in was that the pain, the dizziness, the nausea that wouldn't go away. What set in was that he was missing three of the teeth on the left side of his face, that he tasted nothing but blood, that he couldn't breath through his nose now. Even just touching his nose, cheek made him whimper a bit.

The blood that trickled out of his side had dried by the time he sat up. Just another tear to bandage now.

He placed a bandage where the bullet had grazed him, wrapped around his torso with gauze to secure the bandage. This has been done with difficulty, the wound on his arm protesting as he reached around his back to perform the task.

This would've been easier with someone else.

He didn't like dealing with this stuff on his own. It would've been nice if Marceline had been around to help him with this. Or Ty. Or Cam. Or Theo or Declyn or Drew or Stephanie or really anyone.

He was so sick of thinking of people in past tense.

He stared at the ocean beyond the cliffs. Had Marceline jumped off here? Had she shot herself elsewhere? She had walked off with a gun, he remembered. He could still see her taking her mile-long walk, alone, shrinking. Another sight to be imprinted on the back of his eyelids.

His sight drifted over to Dane, Mike, their eyeless corpses still staring at him.

He'd put in the work. This was what Ty had meant.

He'd told himself this a million times before, but this time he really meant it. No more allies. He'd meant it all the previous times, but he'd mean it again too. Maybe this time it'd stick. He knew what he had to do now, he knew what he had to face.

After work, of course, one had to clean. He traipsed across the area, cleaning up the aftermath of the fight. The grenade launcher again found its way around his neck. Ty's gun had been where he dropped it, near the rock. His bag, along with it Marceline's gun, the shovel, was still near the tree he'd left them. If he hadn't dropped the bag, the fight would've been over quicker, would've been less costly. Served him right for abandoning them.

Walking felt difficult now. He hoped to God it wasn't some sort of concussion, traumatic brain injury, something he could fade away from. He hoped as if he had any right to.

He'd stay awake for the night, he decided. Concussions were only bad if he fell asleep during them, right?

They were close enough to the end anyways. One, two days away, at most. The sleep he'd gotten last night would have to sustain him for the rest of his time.

Leaving the manor had been a mistake.

He went back into the woods to seek another shelter. He knew a place nearby.

((Diego Larrosa continues elsewhere))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls

Return to “The Cliff”