You can't turn back the hands of time...

Some woods overcrowded with trees. Watch yourself here... who knows who will be hiding behind a tree, prepared to kill?
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Watching grimly as the clearly weakened boy rose to his feet, Adam couldn't help but feel as though he should do something for him, something to comfort him; hell, anything would do.

Look at how much death you've surrounded yourself with. Just making him comfortable? It's like Hawley all over again.

Expunging the ugly thoughts from his mind, he watched Andrew pull himself to his feet and look at him, indicating his desire to move on and go elsewhere. Tilting his head in curiousity, Adam couldn't help but wonder what exactly Andrew had on his mind as far as what he 'needed to do'. The way that Andrew had said it was...almost sinister, in a way. Adam hated to admit it, but the gears in his mind were turning, and twisting.

You know it, Dodd. A part of you is telling you to lift up your shotgun and put this kid out of his misery. He's friendly, and he patched you up, but a part of you needs this to happen, it needs you to kill him. Just raise the gun, and pull the-

Adam shut his eyes for a moment and expunged the thoughts from his head. As he got more deprived of proper food and drink, and as his adrenaline wore down on his internal body, his brain and mindset were becoming far more instinctual and almost primal in nature.

What I wouldn't do for a fucking cheeseburger...

Having retained control of himself, Adam studied the boy with a very weary look. Scratching what was basically becoming a full beard in the nine days he'd been out here, he looked the boy up and down.

"What exactly do you mean...'things to do'? Aside from surviving, or...'playing the game' as you said it earlier, what else do we HAVE to do? What else...what else is really important, aside from surviving, dude? And where're you gonna go? You heard the announcement. There aren't that many places to go, really. Odds are, you're going to run into someone at some point, yeah?"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
OnceForgotten†

Post by OnceForgotten† »

"Need some...water..."

Cody staggered over to his pack which was slung over the seat of loretta. Pulling out his last half empty bottle of water, he gulped down the remainder and sat down, leaning on the bike for support.

"Don't you see Adam? This game is not going to end on its own."

Cody was seized by a fit of caughing, and after wiping the fresh blood from his mouth, he continued.

"We have to end it. Thats why we are here. Either we die, or we kill. Thats the decision. Now unless you have some vigilante plan to deactivate your collar and run off and kill Danya when you don't even know where he is, much less be able to find a way off this Island without one of their boats or another student killing you, be my guest. Be my fucking guest."

"I have to go find a girl, and end her life. The reason I have to do this is that she betrayed me. I also have to find a certain other person, and end his life too. These are both things that are very important for me to do before I die."

Cody grinned, which came off rather spooky due to his missing teeth and bloodfilled mouth.

"And then I have to find and kill one more person. Perhaps the most important person on this Island."

Cody chuckled

"Lets just say he has just as good of a reason to want to kill me."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OnceForgotten. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MooCow*

Post by MooCow* »

Coming from the School Building: http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...770&st=15&#last

Elsie staggered through the woods looking behind her every few moments.

Fuck...

She was being louder than she would have liked. If someone was following her then they would have been able to do it easily. Hearing voices she looked aimlessly unable to tell the direction of their source. She ran face first into a tree branch and blacked out. The concussion was unfortunate because it would make her forget various occurances on the island... this included her encounter with the still very dangerous Cody Jensen.

(Hey if you guys don't like me entering this plot line feel free to let me know and I'll get the hell outta the way I just need somewhere to put Elsie... I like the temporary amnesia touch myself but let me know you two.)
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Aiden avatar by Kermit.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Deep inside of a parallel universe
It's getting harder and harder
To tell what came first

Adam blinked once at the boy sitting in front of him. Every single impulse in his body was screaming at him at once. Every single hair on the back of his neck was raised, almost like a wild animal looking at a predator, knowing full well what was coming. Teeth clenched as he listened to the person who just moments before had berated him for the way that he'd 'played the game' talking about killing as though he were speaking about a stroll in the park that he'd just taken, Adam tried to keep the emotion that was beginning to surface in spurts down below.

This shit just isn't adding up. Like, AT ALL. First he's going on about how killing is so wrong, and he's all up in my fucking face about it, and now he says that he's got people to kill?

A sour look came upon Adam's face as he looked at the boy sitting in front of him, replacing the stoic grimace that he'd been wearing for the past several moments. He knew that of anyone, he was the last person to admonish when it came to killing, but...Adam could not shake the feeling that there was something seriously wrong in this situation.

Under water where thoughts can breathe Easily
Far away you were made in a sea
Just like me

"So...so, hold up. Mister...I'm gonna go and avoid everyone, Mister...I haven't killed anyone yet, because I don't plan on it...Mister...what the hell's wrong with you for killing to survive, you're all of a sudden vowing that you're going to go and kill a couple of people, just because - get this: you have to?"

Adam held up his hands and sarcastically shook his head a little bit.

"Well, let's just fuckin' bug out and call it even then, huh? The FUCK is wrong with you, man? You like toying with people, huh? What the hell gives you the right to come and judge me over the way that I've decided to conduct myself in this hell-hole, huh? Fuck sakes, man! I've done what I've had to do in order to fuckin' survive! So while you've been out hiding like a fuckin' pussy in the bushes - if that's even what you've been doing, because, Betsy, I've been SERIOUSLY havin' doubts. To be completely honest with you, I'm beginning to wonder if half of what you've told me up until this point hasn't been...what the French call...le BULLSHIT. You have fucking NO right to judge me."

Adam spit in the dirt, and the look on his face darkened.

"No right at all."

Christ I'm a sidewinder I'm a
California King
I swear it's everywhere
It's everything

Adam felt himself getting angrier and angrier. He assumed it might have been the lack of food, perhaps the fact that he hadn't drank much water for the day. Even the lack of sleep, maybe. Perhaps it was the fact that in the past nine days, he'd watched most of his close friends die painful deaths. Could've been the fact that he'd ended the lives of eight people. Whatever it was, Adam felt something snap inside of him at that very moment. It was at that very moment, as he stood, nearly yelling at the boy that he knew as Andrew, that everything started to come together. Voice coming down a little, Adam smiled a little at Andrew, as he felt his mental agility settling back down into place. Something that told the other boy this was that Adam began to guesture quite a bit, something he did when he was feeling pissed, yet in control of a situation.

"Now...I don't really know...Andrew...if you've really been listening a fuckin' word I've even been saying. Like, hell, I don't even know if your name is really Andrew. Or if you're even from...wherever the fuck you said you were from. I don't really care, at this point. For all I know, you could be Cody fucking Jensen and having a big laugh at my expense. And if that happens to be true - I will kill you. Bank it."

Taking a momentary pause, Adam scratched the back of his neck with the shotgun that he had picked up sometime during his last rant.

Man, I don't even remember doing that.

Staring straight up into the sky
Oh my my a solar system that fits
In your eye Microcosm

You could die but your never dead spider web
Take a look at the stars in
Your head fields of space kid

"Buddy. I have, in the past nine days, while you've been hiding out masturbating yourself furiously because you figured, 'oh gee, I'd better do it while I still can, before my nuts get blown off by some psychopathic ninth grader', I've seen a lot of shit, that I never figured I would ever have to see. Not in this lifetime, not in the next, not even in my wildest fucking dreams. I have listened to my best friend die, and then discovered his corpse a day or so later. I have surrounded myself with people that I thought that I could trust, people that I swore to protect at all costs, and then; over the next few days, watched them all die in various unpleasant ways. I have, for the first time, found a girl who returned my affections, and then stumbled upon to her corpse, next to the raped body of another friend. I have pushed a button and watched my finger be the direct cause of people's lives being ended. Yes. This...finger. And this one, for that matter. I've probably said the word 'fuck' more times in the last nine days than I have in the last nine years, probably more times than I've ever said it, since I learned the word, back on the playground in Toronto in grade one. If I end up living through this, I will undoubtedly be paying the therapy bills from now until the day that I fucking die. So while you've been doing...whatever the hell you decided to do...I've been fighting for my goddamn life. And ya' know what? I've been a pretty damn good job of it. There's what, almost a hundred people dead? So I've outlived at least one hundred people, and I've pretty much been shot at, oh, it averages out to about, I dunno, one every two hours, every day for the last nine days?"

Adam stopped to take a breath, glanced around to ensure that the area was still relatively empty (excluding the corpses) and continued on.

California King
I swear it's everywhere
It's everything

"So while I've been actually out there - FIGHTING, for my life. Not hiding. Not watching shit pass me by, but actually, honest-to-god, fighting to survive, you've been sitting in the bushes, pulling your pecker."

Stopping for a second, he cocked his head, shrugged a little, and continued on, as though he'd thought of something.

"Truth be told, I don't even know if you're telling the truth - every bone in my body is screaming at me that you're lying to me, except for my funny bone, and frankly, my funny bone's a jackass, so his opinion just doesn't count."

Holding up a hand, Adam calmed himself a little.

"But...for the sake of argument, we'll say that you ARE telling the truth. You say that you're going to go out there and kill three people. Just like that. Easy as fuckin' pie. Well, y'know what, Andy? I don't know if you truly realize the true impact that killing someone actually has on a person. Look at me. I've killed eight people. Yeah, after the eighth, I just kinda sighed and wondered why I seem to be such a crazy magnet, but gee golly, I've gotta tell ya, the first time that I killed someone, I felt like someone'd taken a buzzsaw and split me from head to toe. T'be honest, if I hadn't been with people I cared about - damnit, people that I loved, I truly would've taken the gun, stuck it in my own mouth, and popped my own head clean off. Jeez, I killed the motherfucker in SELF DEFENSE, and I still felt that way, I shit you not. And y'know what? If you don't feel like that the first time that you kill someone, that makes you one thing, and that thing gets screamed very loud, very clear: that makes you a fucking sociopath.

So don't you EVER...talk about killing someone like it's the easiest thing in the world - because I've got news for ya, brother...it ain't."

California King
I swear it's everywhere
It's everything

Looking at Andrew, head to toe, and shaking his head in dismay at the bloody visage staring him back in the face, Adam bit the inside of his cheek. There were things that he'd been holding in for days, things that he'd probably be better off telling a therapist. Fact was, though, since he figured that he might be dead within hours anyways, now was as good a time as any.

"You can sit there and talk a big game, Andrew. But y'know what? You don't know. It's all just words, until you live it. I...I have fucking lived it, man. So y'know what? Go ahead, kill those three people. An' then come back and find me, and we'll have a talk, you can tell me just how great you're doing."

Psychic changes are born in your heart
Entertain
A nervous breakthrough that makes us the
same
Bless your heart girl

Kill the pressure it's raining on
Salty Cheeks
When you hear the beloved song
I am with you

Adam held the shotgun in front of him, crossed across his chest as though he were using it as a lifeline. In a sense, it was. Sighing a little, Adam glanced around again, and nodded.

"I'm gonna take my leave of you now, Andrew. Gonna let you go and fight your war. Going to try and hopefully avoid getting shot at for at least a day, that'd be kind of nice. So...really, until we meet again, Andrew."

Adam turned to walk away, but then held a finger up and turned back to him, a sad look in his eyes.

"Oh, yeah...don't follow me. If...if you follow me, I'll kill you. And, yes...I'm quite aware that I was just going on about the horrors of murder, but...there's one thing that I kind of neglected to mention...it's that, Andrew...it's the worst feeling in the world the first time around. After the third time, it still sucks, feels like you've been hit with a bad flu. After the fifth, you don't cry anymore and just feel like shit. Then everything after six, you just kind of sigh a little, and just wonder when it's all going to end. Point is...I won't hesitate, because this game has made me into a killer. It's really all that you can do to try and make sure that it doesn't get you, in the end."

California King
I swear it's everywhere
It's everything

"An', man...doesn't that fuckin' blow?"

Holding the shotgun in front of him, and scooping up his bag from the ground from which it was sitting, Adam Dodd began to walk away from the boy sitting on the rock, the boy who he knew as Andrew, not caring, for the moment, anyway, who the kid was. All he knew was that he needed to get away from there, and get a read on how the rest of the game was going to wind down. In his mind, he'd realized that if there were about twenty students left, the danger zones would begin to increase in numbers, and the amount of safe havens would start to shoot down. Odds were, the game wouldn't last another two days.

And with any luck, at the end of the two days, Adam Dodd planned to be the last man standing, no matter what the cost.

California King
I swear it's everywhere
It's everything

((Continued in: A Link to the Past))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(Well hell, here goes nothing. For those of you who're reading this wondering why I'm suddenly posting as Cody, Guitarjack gave me control of his character in his away post.)

A faint smile began to graze the hardened features of Cody Jenson, a.k.a. Andrew Stewart, as something in Adam Dodd finally snapped, causing him to spurt out a rant about the horrors that he had witnessed on the island, how he had watched his friends killed before his every eyes, and how horrific killing someone was. The longer Adam talked, the more amused Cody got, and that sinister smile began to overtake his entire face, until he was full-on grinning at the redhead that stood before him. He flashed the toothy grin to Adam Dodd as he began to walk away, never so much as uttering another word to the boy who had just concluded his rant.

Oh boy-o, if you only knew.

After all, it was Cody who had inevitably taken away at least three of those people, if only in a roundabout way. Of course, Cody didn't know that. With the exception of Madelaine Shirohara, anyway. And as Adam Dodd began to walk away with him, Cody's inner demon once again began whispering into his ear, encouraging him to shout out some profound statement and reveal his true identity. The almost happy-go-lucky smile that appeared on the boy's face belied the internal battle that Cody was struggling with as Adam Dodd walked away.

I could gun you down in cold blood while you're back's turned to me. It'd be so easy, just point and pull the trigger.

Cody's hand absent-mindedly trailed down toward the front of his jeans, where his pistol had been stashed after he'd used it to eliminate that British kid at the lighthouse. Thinking better of it, however, Cody withdrew his hand from the grip on the cold metal object. Shaking his head as though he were amused, Cody began laughing. Louder and louder, until it was a full-on cackle, Cody simply couldn't stop himself. To Cody Jenson, the game he'd just played with Adam Dodd had just ended, and Cody had won. He'd caused the other boy to back down and walk off, and now Cody was once again in control of the game.

It's not time to kill you yet. You're the last. The last on my list. You're the most important man on this island, not Crosby. Oh, but he's on my list too, and he'll meet his end long before you do, Adam Dodd. Know this, when we do fight, it'll be a glorious battle, but I WILL kill you. You'll meet your end in this place, and you have no idea.

Cody continued his almost sinister laugh as Adam Dodd walked off in the distance. He laughed until tears formed in his eyes and ran down his dirt stained face. He laughed until he couldn't laugh anymore, until his ribs racked his entire body with pain from all the commotion he was causing his body. His laugh suddenly turned into an explosive cough, sending a spattering of blood to the ground in front of him. It was then that Cody stopped, his eyes fixating on the red substance in front of him. His laugh came to an abrupt hault at that moment, as Cody was finally snapped back to some sort of reality.

"We'll meet again, Adam. You can count on it."

And you'll meet your end.

After taking a moment to recuperate, Cody rose to his feet from his perched position on the rock and sidled on over to Loretta. His fingers stroked the form of the only form of companionship he'd ever need on the island before he straddled the seat and the bike once again roared to life. Adam Dodd would die by his hand, Cody was sure of that much. Cody was sure that he would be the one to end SOTF's resident hero and become number one on the island. First, though, Cody Jenson had other fish to fry. Scores to settle, if you will. Lyndi Thibodeaux was on his list; she'd betrayed him, simply left him. Wretched bitch. The girl simply failed in comparison to the one other man Cody had sworn to hunt down, though: Sidney Crosby.

A roar was released from Loretta's exhaust pipe as she once again sprung to life, and once again, Cody Jenson was off. Turning the bike in the direction opposite the way Adam Dodd had wandered off in, Cody shifted the bike into gear and zoomed off... just like a cowboy riding into the sunset. At least, that's how he would've seen it. He had scores to settle, people to kill, and when all was said and done, he'd be the last one standing. That's the way it was supposed to be... the perfect ending to his story.

And Crosby, your time's comin' to an end...

(Forgive me if it's terribly out of character, I'm still trying to get a feel for it. Continued at the ravine, Reflection.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Woods”