Yes It Is

A long, swinging bridge that crosses a deep ravine heading into the uninhabited part of the island. The bridge sways eerily in the wind and the fall into the ravine below almost certainly spells doom for anyone who happens to lose their balance or step too close to the edge.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

"Strange, how that works. You're a player who hasn't killed anyone. I'm not a player, and I've killed twelve people. Aren't we confused, or what?"

Adam's heart finally stopped trying to burst its way out of his chest, and his pulse began to ease its way back to normal. Having a gun pointed at one's head generally will do that to you, and now that Julie had lowered her weapon and explained herself, Adam couldn't help but feel a sense of relief flood over himself. It was amazing, really.

Every single time I've had someone holding me at an obvious disadvantage, or at gunpoint, or whatever, I've cursed and carried on, ranted and raved, and generally just been a complete asshole, and I somehow manage to get out alive. I hate to think of the old cliché 'nine lives' thing, but how does that keep fuckin' happening?

Not that he was complaining. He'd fought damn hard to survive once, and now that he had to do it over again...

Hell, I'll do it again if I have to.

Something struck him as odd about the girl's wording, however. Her proclaimation that Adam would not be the winner again struck a chord with him. In all fairness, she was correct. The odds of Adam making it through again were absolutely astronomical. He'd have to manage to remain relatively healthy throughout most of the game, and find something way better in terms of a weapon. Adam knew that it was possible, but so was winning the lottery. So was contracting a fatal form of cancer. Anything was possible, but not everything was probable. There was no way that anyone was going to let him get anywhere near the final four, and that much he knew.

Though...the look on Danya's face sure would be hysterical. Imagine that, I walk in again, and he takes one look at me and shits out a brick. The satisfaction of that would almost be too much to handle.

But luck had as much to do with winning as survival skills did. Adam had gotten lucky a whole hell of a lot in V1, and while he hated to admit it, luck didn't seem to be giving him a whole lot of leeway this time around. As far as his health, he was perfectly healthy at the moment, save for a slight dull throb where his shoulder had been dislocated, but he was okay. Who knew for how long? The doctors had told him that if he hadn't been given antibiotics by the terrorists immediately after he'd left the island, he would have succumbed to his wounds within twenty-four hours. If the game had lasted one more day, Adam Dodd would certainly not have won. So as Julie proclaimed that she herself would fight as hard as she could to win the game, Adam couldn't help but smile a genuine smile.

"It's funny that you should say that...it really is. No sarcasm. It's funny, because I've heard almost those exact words said aloud before...the first time around, there was one person who was as determined as anyone to try and get out alive. That guy...God, who was that...?"

Adam smirked, knowing full well who it was who'd said those words.

"Oh, right. It was me. Julie...I don't mean to be an asshole, I really don't. It's just that...after all this? It just kind of happens naturally. But take me at face value when I tell you that playing the game? It's not the way to go."

Adam bit his lip, knowing that she'd put her gun down, and hoped that she wouldn't reconsider and decide to blow him away, regardless of what she'd said about meeting again - or not wanting to. Her voice was laced with remorse, and Adam felt this.

Jeez...reminds me of Hawley Faust all over again...

"Playing the game...Julie, how many players have won? How many people have tried to play the game but realized far-too-late that they weren't capable of it? There's a lot of names out there. Bryan...the winner of the second version of this program? I researched him. Hell...I've never met the guy, nor do I even know what he's even doing now...but he's the other winner...the other one who got out. He started off playing, but stopped...because his humanity took over before it was too late. If you commit yourself to playing the game, you lose yourself in it, and it takes you over. You become paranoid; you alienate people who you might have been better off using as allies...it's not the way to go. You don't play to win this game, and win. You win by accident, more than anything. You want to know how to really make it far?"

Adam smirked, almost unbelieving at the fact that he was so freely sharing the information with everyone. He'd said it to Andy and Sean at the church, but he didn't think that it'd had the same impact that it might on Julie.

"Survival is the key to this whole thing. You don't play to win. You don't...play, at all. You just try and keep yourself alive. That's the most important thing. Strike only when you're attacked, try and ensure that you and the people around you stay safe from harm. It's a futile goal, but if you work together towards that common goal, you'll probably last a lot longer than if you go around shooting people at random. Plus..."

Adam gestured at the pistol around her hip.

"...you've got a formidable weapon. People are afraid of guns. I had several pistols and a shotgun last time around, and a lot of people wanted me on their side. If you have a gun, people won't want to piss you off. In fa-"

Adam was cut off by a squeal, which wrenched his attention to the other side of the bridge. The struggle was still going on, and it looked like the smaller student was losing the battle.

Shit! That kid's getting fuckin' lynched, and...

Taking a second to ponder his options, Adam decided to essentially disregard the advice that he'd just given Julie. It may have been hypocritical, but hypocracy be damned - it was his advice, and he could decide not to follow it if he saw fit. Even though he knew that acting in this situation might not end well for him.

Fuck it.

Turning his head back towards Julie, Adam bent down and shovelled all of his things back into his pack, and reached inside and unzipped one of the internal pockets in his pack. Withdrawing the knife, he held it up in the air, and shrugged at Julie.

"That's the other thing I've learned - you always have to assume that whoever you're talking to is concealing a weapon, because nine times out of ten, they probably are. It's like I said before - how do you think I managed to take a bite out of crime?"

Unfolding the switchblade, Adam glanced at the sharp blade, and gestured to the struggle on the other side of the bridge.

"Look. I don't know what you're thinking right now, I don't know if you're now going to shoot me because I hid a weapon, and quite frankly, I don't really care. But I can't just sit back anymore and let THAT happen. I'm sorry, but I just can't. It goes against everything that I just said, but that's my fatal flaw. As much as I've experienced, and as much shit as I've been through, I stlll can't just sit around and let someone else get killed because they don't happen to be good at the whole 'natural selection' thing, alright? Now, you can either shoot me, or you can help me. I'll leave the choice up to you. But I'm not letting this go on any more. I can't. Fuck, I won't."

Turning around, not knowing if Julie was now aiming her gun at him (and not really thinking about that possibility), Adam slipped his pack around his back, and with the knife in his right hand, started to make his way towards the struggling boys across the way. He made decent time getting across the bridge, and he saw that the smaller boy had a very vsible wound in his eye, and was reaching for something - a gun of sorts. Not sure who exactly was the agressor (though assuming it was the kid who was lying on the ground), Adam took a step forward and tried to give the Asian kid a shove with his left hand.

Adam may have been a murderer himself, but he still had the shred of humanity inside of him that said that murder was wrong, especially when it was the (supposedly) strong preying upon the weak.

Look at me, I'm a fuckin' modern-day Robin Hood...and where're my tights?
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

The gunshots acted as an immediate catalyst to Harry's panicked adrenaline. This was what he'd been afraid of. Fucking gun, had it even been worth risking his life?

'Shit!' What made the situation worse was that he'd indeed inflicted a wound upon the short boy's eye, which was more likely than not excruciating and would decide his fate much quicker than his intended victim was letting on. Who knew precisely which second would bring Harry's meal ticket exploding out of the business end of that gun?

Someone was quickly approaching them, as if Harry didn't have enough terrifying life-or-death shit to deal with already. The cold hard muzzle of the gun pressed against his neck was definitely his primary dilemma of course. He had to do something quick. Like...now, quick.

'Think fast!'

And think fast Harry did. With no other option but to risk the fatal gunshot wound, he struck quickly at the short boy's other eye with the shiv in his right hand. His left shot simultaneously to the short boy's gun hand, attempting to grip his in a complimentary fashion to the gun and force his trigger finger. His head he pulled frantically off to the side (namely away from the gun!), getting nothing more than a second's glance at the third party he was attempting to shoot at before being shoved off of the other boy.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Owen squirmed, noticing that Harry was going for his other eye. He raised his hand up to grip at the shiv, trying desperately to push his hand away from his face while not letting go of his gun. He felt tired, not to mention that he was sobbing like a little baby during the whole ordeal.

Then... Harry was pushing his gun away for some reason, but Owen was too focused on not losing both of his eyes to notice. He could see from the corner of his though that someone was running over. Somewhere in the distance, although he really couldn't make out who it was. Then he noticed... that Harry was pointing it exactly at the figure.

Owen could only smirk. Wow... that really does look like a real gun...

When he finally remembered what it was they were fighting over, Owen knew that there might be a chance that he could get out of this situation with his eye intact. He let go of his grip on the bb gun, focusing solely on keeping the shiv in the asian man's hand. With all of his might and all of his strength buried inside of him, Owen fought desperately to keep the knife away from him.

There's going to be help. You'll be saved... Just hold him off! You're going to be fine! Don't freak out!

His mouth obviously didn't listen to his mind's advice.

"Ahh! Somebody! Help!" He began to scream, his strength starting to weaken.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As he gave the Asian kid a shove off the other kid, he realized all too late that the Asian had disarmed his attackee of what looked to be a pistol, and was in the midst of now firing it right in his general direction.

Um...oh shit!

At the distance he was standing away from the two of them now, he had absolutely no time to move out of the way before he felt something slam into his chest and knock him right down onto his ass. Screaming out in surprised pain, his hand flew to his chest, eyes clenched tight in pain.

"AH! Fucking hell!"

As he moved his hand away and glanced down, he saw that oddly enough, he wasn't bleeding, and it sure didn't feel like it had the other times he'd been shot. Perhaps the bullet had been a dud? Trying to shake the pain off, and pulling himself to his feet as he rubbed his chest, trying to rub out the bumblebees that were buzzing around underneath his hoody and shirt, Adam realized that the gun was not in fact a real gun. It looked very real, but on second glance, it looked almost like a BB-gun.

Fucker shot me with a friggin' BB gun! Son of a bitch!

Knowing now that this was probably a poor idea, Adam stumbled forward and fighting back pain, clumsily stabbed forward with his switchblade, hoping to catch the Asian between the ribs.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Julie was in the midst of leaving the scene, and those present to pursue another location, though she halted from taking another step as Adam spoke again. She did not turn around, but did stop to listen to what he had to say.

It was almost funny in a way. To think that he was giving her advice after she'd pointed a gun at him. To be honest? She'd never had the intention to shoot him in the first place, unless he outright attacked her or something that irrational. All she had wanted was answers, as well as an idea of who exactly she was up against.

And while they were at it...a bit of advice to go along with that didn't sound like too bad of a deal either.

Julie bit her lip slightly as she listened, back still facing him, though it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do at the moment. She didn't really want anyone to see her face at this moment.

He had a point. Even so, she knew the burdens she'd take on when playing the game. Well, she had an idea...but in a way, she was prepared, wasn't she? If she could just keep telling herself that killing was neccessary, that it was something that she absolutely had to do... then it wouldn't be so bad, would it? Julie believed herself to be strong enough. Surely she wouldn't lose herself to madness as long as she kept the eventual goal in mind at all times.

And as for allies... It wasn't as though Julie couldn't trust anyone else. Rather, she simply couldn't trust herself with them.

Escape was impossible, the last two games confirmed that. The only way to survive was to be the last person standing, to win the game. Allies were nice to have as moral support. Friends too. But to commit yourself to a group of people, knowing that you'll have to betray them later in order to win the game...

There was no sense in that.

It was good advice, Julie knew. It came from someone who'd been there all the way and back, it made sense, and he was correct in several aspects. Even though Julie couldn't find any use for that kind of advice, maybe it would do others some good-

...Maybe it would do HIM some good if he listened to his own advice... Julie thought, bewildered, as she turned just in time to see Adam running off towards the confrontation at the bridge.

...And she should have known, she thought dryly. That knife.

Sneaky little motherfucker.

Julie had a look of conflict on her face. She could see where Adam was coming from, there was no call for the strong to oppress the weak. Julie herself lived by a strong moral compass, one that she was about to disregard once she got her feet wet as a player. But... just because she was going to stray from the path didn't mean she had to abandon it completely, right?

Without a further thought, she followed him. This didn't have to happen, did it? The smaller boy was about to be utterly massacred by the other, it seemed. She removed the VP-70 from it's holster once again, intending to use it as a way to get the two to separate...

She frowned as she approached, surveying the situation, not quite sure what was going on. That smaller boy...he had a gun? And it was being pointed at Adam?

Before she could react, a shot rang out, and it was immediately clear to Julie that Adam had caught the brunt of it. What in the world was going on? Did the kid just try to shoot Adam?

There was no time to think about that now, Julie had to lend her hand in incapacitating the most immediately dangerous person there... namely the smaller boy, who was on the ground, still holding the gun.

She aimed the gun directly at the boy on the ground, placed her finger against the trigger, and pulled back. She gritted her teeth together against the recoil as the pistol was fired, the resounding blast in its wake resonating in the air.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Harry rolled off to the side as the interfering boy (who he now recognized as Southridge's resident celebrity Adam Dodd) with a knife lunged at him, kicking up dust as he scrambled backward and away from the blade. He had the gun now as well as his shiv, but something was definitely off because he'd just shot Dodd in the chest and he was still coming at him.

'A fucking BB gun!?' The unpleasant realization hit him like a daypack full of lightbulbs. Still, what else could he do but keep on shuffling back and pulling the trigger at Adam. Shots rang out. It wasn't exactly the first thing on his mind, but it did register that 'killing Adam Dodd would make a definite name for Harry Tsai.'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Owen Fontaine could have laughed at how he made a mockery of Harry.

He could have taken the distraction as a chance to take Harry down.

But he didn't.

He couldn't.

Something crashed right into Owen's temple, which made him cry one last time in a fit of agony and defeat. He had no idea what had just hit him, but with the pain being any indication, it wasn't anything good.

Oh... I remember the name now...

Everything began to grow dim. Darker and darker.

Aspergers... t-that's what Matthew had... wow, that was... really bothering me...

As everything began to grow darker and darker.

Colder and colder.

He was getting lonely.

Is this... what death is supposed to feel like?

A picture of both his parents appeared in his head. How he wished he could see their faces one more time. What he wouldn't give to see them, to tell them that he loved them with all his heart. Owen and his father got into an argument the day of the Senior Trip, over how he should take charge of his life and not just rely on just soccer to get him through school. Owen had pushed it all off, acting as though that he had his whole life to decide what he wanted to do with his life.

Ironic, isn't it? That his life was to end like this.

He would kill himself if someone hadn't done it for him.

It was getting harder and harder to keep his eyes open. He struggled to stay alive, but it was becoming harder and harder to deny the inevitable. He had to rest at some point. He can't just keep fighting what was meant to happen... Still... he wished he had done things differently.

He wished he had just teamed up with Lenny and Elizabeth Priestly. They seemed fairly nice, but Owen had to go and be a complete dick to them, wielding his bb gun like he was the shit. He could have teamed up with them. Maybe he might still have his life.

Maybe he could have won this game had he played his cards better.

No wonder no one wants to die... the afterlife is so sad... It's so cold... so cold...

Owen struggled to speak with the specter visage of his father. What could he say? How could he explain all the emotions that he had building up inside of him to something that didn't exist? Something that Owen KNEW wasn't really there... still, it was certainly better than nothing. He needed to say something, and he didn't care who it is.

"D-Dad..." Owen began, a mix of tears and blood running down his face. "I'm... sorry for yelling at you... I shouldn't have done that."

Owen's father smiled. "Please. Don't worry about it. None of this is your fault, and you know it. This was all happened by complete chance."

"B-But... I tried to hurt people... I was one of the bad guys Dad..."

"No. That maybe true, but I'm still very proud. You regret what you were doing was wrong. Few people can really admit to their wrongdoings. You fought well enough Owen... You're always be in my heart."

Owen was finally able to rest. After twenty-four hours of going through hell, he was home. He had lost his life, but a happiness that he's long since forgotten took it's place. He passed away with a smile on his face.

B17 - OWEN FONTAINE : DECEASED
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

"Uungh!"

His lunge at the Asian kid obviously unsuccessful, Adam caught yet another BB pellet in the chest, and again was knocked back onto the seat of his pants. Like the first shot that'd hit him, it hurt like a motherfucker. As he clutched his chest, Adam saw the other kid, who'd formerly been in possession of the BB gun crumple to the ground after a gunshot rang out. Internally cursing, he scrambled backwards a bit on his hands, trying to put a little distance between him and his attacker. Glancing back over his shoulder at the shooter, he saw that Julie had followed him from the treeline and was standing, gun raised.

Fuck, who woulda figured that I'd actually be able to talk someone who'd been holding me at gunpoint into giving me a hand...but fuck...wrong fuckin' kid!

Grimacing as his hand left his chest, Adam screamed back over his shoulder at the girl.

"JULIE! WRONG GUY! This fucker has the gun!"

He wasn't about to attack the Asian again. No matter if it were a real gun or a BB gun, only an idiot brings a knife to a gun-fight. Best thing for him to do at present was stay low to the ground to avoid getting shot...again.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

To be honest...Julie hadn't stopped to think.

Had she'd spent a second longer to assess the situation, she might have treaded more carefully.

Instead, she'd let her impulsiveness control her, like a puppet...like a machine.

The blast that came from the handgun was still ringing in her ears, as she stared at the boy that she'd just killed. He was lying on the ground now, still and silent, head resting against the pool of blood that was quickly growing, running far before it had a chance to seep into the ground...

Julie felt quite divorced from her physical body as that image was burned into her mind.

I...did that... Julie thought numbly, referring to the damage she'd done to the boy's head. That bullet came from me... did I really cause that much damage?

She'd just killed another human being.

'...whatever the cost, whether it be my own humanity. Or the lives of others. No matter how many people I have to hurt, no matter how many lives I have to take...'

Those were Julie's very own words, and now they were drowning out her thoughts...

"N-no..." she uttered, stepping back in revulsion at the sight, at what she'd just done. She didn't mean to kill him! She shook her head, eyes widening, trying to deny it as though if she wished hard enough, she could take it all back...make this dead boy become alive and well again.

I don't want this... Her knees locked. Julie tripped and fell back, landing on her behind against the ground, a stunned expression on her face. I know I fired that gun at him, but I didn't mean to kill him! I take it back!

Barely hearing Adam's words, she stared straight ahead hollowly at the scuffle that was happening before her eyes. As though stunned, frozen, paralyzed, she did not move an inch from the sitting position she had fallen into. That boy...he didn't do anything. He was the one Adam had been trying to save. She'd been wrong...she'd been impulsive...and took an innocent life.

I take it all back! I TAKE IT ALL BACK! PLEASE BE ALIVE AGAIN.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((I do have permission from Maka for all the godmodey things I'm about to do to her))

Adam Dodd braced himself for the shots that would inevitably ring through the air and fire at the Asian, but nothing ever came. As he tried to breathe normally again; the BB pellets having winded him, he watched as nothing seemed to happen to the Asian. Bullets didn't come and strike him down.

What, did she just fuckin' up and take off? Just absolutely fucking WONDERF-

But glancing back at the girl who'd moments earlier held him at gunpoint, he blinked in surprise. This supposed player? The one who'd just sworn to him that she'd kill him when they parted ways if she ran into him again? This girl, who'd said that she'd wade her way through every single person if she had to?

This girl had stumbled to the ground, eyes fixed onto the corpse that lay feet away, a corpse that she had created with the weapon that she held in her hand. A blank look was on her face, and her eyes were glassy with what Adam assumed was likely regret and a sense of horror at what she'd done. Adam knew the feeling all-too-well. He'd felt it himself, when he'd shot down Blaine Eno. It was the feeling of someone who did not realize that taking a human life was not without its own price. Once you killed someone, it only got easier to do it again, and again, and never again would you truly have that ultimate purity that was so prophesized about within religions all over the world. Adam hadn't ever been all that religious, but he was a guy who believed in spirituality, and he'd grappled with that immensely when he'd returned home before.

Am I going to hell?

It'd been the quintessential question, really. He'd killed twelve people, and usually unless you were a soldier, defending your country and fighting for freedom, that kind of action wasn't exactly excusable. And he'd killed classmates. He wasn't sure how that worked, if any deities up there would forgive him for all that he'd done, but he'd solved his quandry by telling himself that if he did end up going to hell, at least he'd see Danya, right there alongside him.

But finding out the answer to that question was something Adam didn't want to do for a very, very long time, and in the interests of avoiding certain death, Adam knew that he would have to act, in order to avoid the kind of enlightenment that the boy he'd just tried to save had found only moments earlier. Cursing, Adam pulled himself up off the ground, his chest throbbing in two different places, where he'd been struck by the small pellets from the gun. He was probably bleeding, but by now he'd learned to be able to block out a good chunk of the pain, especially when it was either that, or die. Grunting as he turned around (not a bright idea, by any stretch, but unless the Asian was going to shoot him in the ass...), Adam quickly scampered over to where Julie was sitting on the ground, limply looking at the corpse a few feet away.

Fuck this, I have to get the fuck out of here...but I can't just leave her here like this...no matter if she just held me at gunpoint or not...fucking hell...

Thinking quickly, Adam reached over and grabbed the pistol right out of Julie's limp hand. She hardly flinched or reacted, her mind very obviously somewhere else. He could identify, it wasn't a pleasant feeling to come to grips with the fact that you've just murdered someone.

Adam Dodd, thought with a touch of regret that it was actually rather lucky that he didn't really have that problem anymore.

Twirling around as quickly as his injuries, present and former, would allow him, Adam raised the pistol in front of him and squeezed the trigger as he aimed it at the Asian. His aim wasn't bad - it'd gotten better over the course of his first little jaunt in Danya's game, but he wasn't watching to see if he hit the Asian or not. His mind was totally focused upon escaping the danger. Taking the gun in his left hand, he bent down and grabbed Julie under the arms, pulling her to her feet, and then grabbed her by the hand. Stopping for a second, Adam looked back at Julie, who was obviously still spacing out. It didn't matter if she knew what was going on at present, but he explained it all the same, quickly, and to the point.

"We are LEAVING!"

Grabbing the girl by the hand, he began to pull her in the direction of the treeline. It didn't matter if there was no path to walk through - the odds were that if this place had once been occupied by the military, all of the hazardous natural obstacles would have been cleared out to the best of whoever it'd been's ability. Aiming the pistol back at where the Asian had been standing, Adam squeezed off another shot for good measure, and kept going quickly towards the treeline.

It was obvious now, that his group that he'd decided to align with at the church hadn't caught up - aside from Sean, but at present, it didn't matter. Like he'd said - if they became seperated, Adam was still going to try looking for Izzy, this just seemed to be a more pressing matter.

Just hope that I find her before anyone else that might not have such noble intentions...

((Continued in Them vs. You vs. Me))
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

Julie barely felt the gun being taken away from her, nor did she register the what it would mean if Adam suddenly decided to make her weapon his own and turn the tables on her.

Rather, as she sat there, the realization of what she had just done threw her askew in a whirlwind of shock and disbelief. In her mind, voices were accusing her, fingers were pointed at her, as though she were a criminal.

"But you ARE a criminal, Julie."

No...I'm not. I only tried to.... Julie struggled to defend herself against reality.

"You killed him. In cold blood. Without a second thought, you fired the bullet that ended his life."

That's wrong! I wasn't trying to....

"You murderer. You deserve to die."

...She was a killer now, wasn't she? There was no way she could erase what she'd done. That voice in her mind...that voice that was her conscience and ever present moral compass, setting her on the path that was right and just... it spoke the truth. She was a murderer.

Julie suddenly felt herself being pulled up to her feet, and dragged away from the area by no other than the person she'd just pointed a gun at. Come to think of it, he had her gun now, didn't he? ....She hadn't even HEARD the shots that he'd just fired at that Asian-looking boy. She'd been completely frozen, the reality of the crime she'd committed gradually sinking in.

Mechanically, she forced her legs to move, stiff and frozen as they were, unable to do anything but to let Adam lead them both the hell out of there.

Julie's mind still wasn't in the present.

((Continued in Them vs. You vs. Me))
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

The BB gun wasn't completely useless; it managed to keep Dodd at bay. Harry feared another gunshot from the stranger across the bridge though, seeing as the short boy's face was suddenly a bloody mess. He had what he'd first sought to get, even if it wasn't what he'd expected. Better than nothing.

'Fuck this, I'm out of here.'

Harry scrambled to get a hold on the dead short boy's daypack as Dodd ran toward the shooter. He took off in the opposite direction. Shots rang out again, and he let out a painful yelp as one of them grazed his shoulder. He was also pretty sure one of the packs had been hit. Still, he kept on running.

'Dodd has a gun,' Harry kept thinking to himself as the jungle around him got thicker. 'There goes the neighborhood...'

((continued Getcher Head in the Game))
Namira

Post by Namira »

Holy shit!

Sean had still been trying to figure out what to do whilst Julie and Adam were speaking, but all of a sudden, the whole situation had taken an unexpected twist. Somebody - from where Sean was, he couldn't tell who, had been shot. Judging how they fell, it was a fatal wound.

His eyes sprang open wide as he looked out from his cover, and the only thing he could think of doing was running: again. Luckily, Adam was again providing the direction. Sean sprinted after him. This was becoming something of a habit...

((Continued in Say Goodbye, Hollywood))

Return to “Swinging Bridge”