Killing time

Shhh! No talking in the library! Fortunately, Mrs. Hahn, the ancient librarian that's constantly leering at the students from behind her desk, is a little hard of hearing. Southridge has an extensive library full of interesting books for both learning and self-indulgence. Many people also indulge in the art of skipping class here.
AtomicWaffle†

Killing time

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((Continued from Nobody Will Hear You Scream))

The door to the Library gave a startling jolt as a massive figure strode through, his strange gait stopping for a brief moment as he stopped the door from slamming into the wall; he gave a brief grin to the Librarian before quickly walking towards a table at the far end of the room.

Gabriel gave a start when he felt a bump against his thigh as he sat down. Of course, the baseball! He hadn't bothered to take it out of his pocket before he sat down... That damn ball had caused him nothing but trouble since he'd taken it from the Cafeteria moments ago.

As Gabriel walked from the Cafeteria, he thought about what he was going to do with the ball. It occured to him that for whatever reason, somebody'd try to get it back, and he wasn't going to give it back. He didn't know why he wouldn't, but he really didn't know why he took it in the first place. Out of spite, maybe because he just wanted a baseball... perhaps to keep it from getting shoved down Ric's throat. If Gabriel were a 'better' person, he might have said he was a nice guy; of course, 'being nice' is but a perspective. Gabriel didn't even say his own mother was a nice person.

He continued to ponder why he'd taken the ball as he looked at the bookshelf for something to read... Something that didn't really take much effort would be nice. He was tired of effort. It was an effort to finish his work, or force people to finish it for him. It was an effort to keep his sanity amidst that - filth - in the hallways acting more annoying than usual. It was less than he deserved, much less.

Gabriel gave up looking at the bookshelf and simply opened up his backpack, shoving the baseball inside and taking out a small folder, and began to finish drawing a strange image on it. It wasn't really anything in particular, from what someone would immediately see. Gabriel knew what it was, but nobody really asked him. There was nobody to really ask. Gabriel had no real friends, and really no desire to have any friends. Friends are characterized by an individual who he'd admire, or share a similar personality with. He admired no one, and nobody shared his personality. That he knew of.

So, Gabriel filled in the shades and curving, abstract lines of his picture, and continued to kill time.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Dominica Sharpio is on her last thread.

Everyday, since middle school, she's always tried to spend her time in the library. Yes, occasionally someone does sit with her, but they acted like she never even existed. Like there was no such person named Dominica. It's strange, too. Dominica was better looking than half of the girls in Southridge. She was smarter, and at least somewhat physically fit (although no one would ever consider her as a body builder) and yet they were even more popular than her. So there Dominica sat at an empty table, her eyes staring downwards. It was all too much. Dominica wasn't mean, and she wasn't self-centered whatsoever. She never acted holier-than-thou, which her younger brother was known for. Why didn't anyone ever take notice of her? The only time the majority of kids ever talks to her is usually an attempt to make fun of her, a daily occurrence that the young girl was becoming weary of. It was almost impossible to actually make friends, because Dominica was always scared out of her wits whenever she tried to talk to people. This also made people think she wasn't right in the head, but she was oblivious to this.

So Dominica Sharpio, a girl who just wants to be understood, to be treated the same as everyone else, was alone in the world. No family or friends that ever took the time to actually interact with her. It was ironic, really: Dominica was considered a child genius at the age of 12, and was one of the youngest, if not THE youngest, child in the senor class of Southridge. Even younger than fellow genius Don Joesi, and Dominica had to admit that he was seriously messed up. It felt like he was seriously messed up, and the girl really didn't want anything to do with him. She was also naturally beautiful, more so than the girls who thought appearance was everything. Dominica was cute from the day she was born, and not once had she even thought that appearance was important. Plus, she did have a kind personality, although she never really had much of a chance to show this.

Yet people always treated her like so much used tissue. The thought of all of this made the girl feel confused.. Why did it have to turn out like this? Were they jealous that she came from a wealthy family? Dominica couldn't tell. Yes, there were some nice people around the school, but Dominica rarely ever acknowledged them. She always thought of everyone in School as self-centered and wished she had the fortitude to stand up to the people who abused her. She's tried in the past to make a stand, but all of those attempts seemed to fail miserably. There were some kids who she liked, but that number was somewhere under ten.

Dominica was looking as sheepish as she always was. No one would have guessed that her anger was at a fever pitch. Her face never showed anything other than the most forlorn expression She really wanted to take revenge, or in the very least, to finally show them all that she was a human being, and that they can't treat her otherwise. Such a thing was impossible however, and she wouldn't dare tell anyone of this, though. Dominica had learned ahead of time that it's best not to do anything, and people might not bother you. This meant almost friends, but it also equaled less of the harassment and less of the teasing. Somewhere in the girl's mind, Dominica was somewhat naive to think that this could change. That someone would just walk up to her and become her friend. Unfortunately, this wasn't how the world worked, and nothing like this would ever happen. Ever.

So the library was the only place that Dominica could find refuge in. She had noticed, of course, the boy who had just entered the Library and began to write in a folder that was in his hand. She knew who it was, but she didn't bother to speak up. Obviously, her social skills were under par, compared to many others, and she hadn't even thought to ask the boy what he was doing. She just looked out of the corner of her eye, her lips tightly knit together.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

What seemed like an hour passed by quite quickly, as Gabriel finished the shapeless mass of colour he called a picture. As he gingerly placed the sheet of paper within the folder, he felt a strong vibration in his left pocket. Gabriel picked out the cellphone, and glanced at the display. 'Shane' it read. He flicked it open with one of his large fingers.

"Shane. What is it?"

"Mom told me to tell you to get home as soon as you could, she needed to talk to you."

"Is it REALLY that important?"

"She was pretty upset."

"I don't give a fuck, Shane. Did she say what she needed to talk to me about?"

"Well..."

"Yeah, you know. What is it?"

"It's the police, Gabriel. They came here an hour ago, wanting to see you."

He lowered his voice more than it already had been in the eerily calm library.
"Alright."

Of all the things that could possibly happen today, this was genuinely the worst. Whatever they wanted, it was just going to bring more trouble. Of course Gabriel wasn't going to rush home as soon as he could. He'd like to keep them waiting of course. He preferred to stay in the library, doing whatever calm, effortless task he wanted to do.

As he looked up, Gabriel noticed a rather attractive-looking book sitting on the shelf facing him. It showed Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler, and several Nazi officers looking at an Alien weapon. The title read: WORLDWAR - In The Balance. Well, it seemed better than what he'd seen when he came in. The crippled giant sat up out of his chair, and walked towards the bookcase when, in a flash, he fell.

So many times he had fallen before, but it never felt any better even as he got older. Gabriel would never get used to that crippling injury. He hated it with a passion. His weak point. Whenever someone wanted to hurt him, all they thought of was that knee. It made him want to just tear it right off. All Gabriel wanted was to be rid of that damn injury. The missing link in his chain, the soft part of the foundation; the foundation that held his rage inside and his real emotions from people. There was no getting used to it. How could anybody get used to having a knee that is barely even made from flesh and bone? It hurts for Gabriel to even look at it, nevermind how disturbing it is when he realized that he'd always be looked at as somehow less than human. He could envy the people who weren't crippled. He could envy the people who were so crippled that nobody DIDN'T care for them. Everyone figured that Gabriel could take care of his own damn self. Weren't they supposed to be sympathetic? Well... Pity probably wouldn't be desirable, when he really thought of it.

Pity, Patience, Love, several things Gabriel lacked and didn't desire, but had to imitate anyways. He'd always been taught and believed that he had to be just, kind and fair to all people... For a time. Life wasn't fair, it certainly hadn't been to Gabriel. He didn't need people's pity to keep reminding him of it. As many shortcomings as he'd had, he told himself that he had the capacity to really achieve his goals far ahead of people, and he had limitless potential. Nobody ever got in his way, and they never would. The only one who would get in Gabriel's way at the moment was himself, and it felt like his own crippling injury would kill him.

Gabriel leaned against the leg of the table, his head pounding after it had collided with the table. With quite a bit of effort (Gabriel cursed under his breath) he got himself off of the ground. His unmodestly intimidating appearance was ruined as his hair hung in his eyes, and his dazed expression made him look completely out of his mind.

Then, he saw that someone had actually noticed his little accident. A girl was sitting at the table he'd fallen into, clearly startled by the near-seven foot tall Gabriel almost landing on her. Gabriel sighed humorously, though he was far from laughing at the moment.

"Oops?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Dominica may have been shy, but she could be a curious little devil sometimes. She moved her ear outwards, listening to every single word that the boy, who seemed to dwarf the smaller girl. It intimidated the girl, but for all she knew, he might not even notice her. She seemed to notice that, for a boy, his attitude seemed to match his looks. Dropping the 'f' bomb almost ten times in the minute that she was listening, making her whole body shiver slightly. Dominica was never the one to use language, and hearing anyone else say such words made her whole body feel cold. She looked away for a moment, a look of pain crossing her usually saddened face.

Whatever the pain she had, it wasn't as bad as the pain that she felt when she was tackled to the ground.

Dominica could have described the pain like she was being crushed by a ton of bricks. A loud, painful squeak could be heard coming through her neck, feeling the tall boy fall on top of her. She gasped again, just then noticing that the boy she had been staring at for awhile had just fallen ontop of her. She shuddered, trying her best not to look the boy in the face. "I... I'm s-sorry..." she said. Her social skills weren't that well tuned, and her voice seemed to stutter like she was standing out during a desperately cold Christmas morning. Even though she knew that the opposite was true, she couldn't help but feel that the fall was somewhat her fault. She hadn't even noticed the other boy's injury whatsoever. "I... didn't mean... to..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

The quivering girl, for whatever reason, apologized to Gabriel. It took him aback - Why would she apologize to him? He didn't dwell too much on the thought, and brushed the dust off of his shirt. A smile suddenly burst on Gabriel's scarred, thin face. The demeanor he held before disappeared as he spoke to the terrified girl on the ground. "Don't worry, it wasn't your fault. If anything, I should be sorry. I'm really clumsy sometimes, and this damn knee doesn't make it any better."

Still keeping his fake cheerieness about him, Gabriel slided the table back into place, and set back the chairs he knocked over. Finally, he stumbled back towards the previous table, and grabbed his cane, before returning to Dominica.

"My name's Gabriel, by the way. Are you okay? You look pretty
shaken."

((Sorry I don't have more WOT to throw at you, i'm fresh out.))
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

(Dun worry. I'm not exactly in my prime today, neither.)

The tall boy was... strange. A minute ago, he was cursing out someone on the phone, and a second later he was as cheerful as a daisy. Dominica wasn't completely fooled, although the boy was a very good actor for at least making the girl unsure. She was smart, but it appeared that Gabriel seemed like an intellectual equal, or at least that's how the girl perceived it as. After all, he ACTUALLY wandered into the library without a stupid purpose such as to cut class like most of the uneducated kids of Southridge came for. Dominica's reasons? To read the works of Mark Twain. His stories revolving his obvious atheism were intriguing if not entertaining. That was basically what Dominica used the library for: To read. This boy's purpose at the library? She wasn't sure, but it wasn't to skip class, that was for certain. He was talking on his cell phone, however, so that didn't confirm much for her either. She tried to pick herself up from the ground, although having someone as tall as the boy who was trying to seem happy fall on you had it's difficulties overcoming. Dominica, thinking as an appropriate time, forced a small smile that was both soft and delicate. "Oh... yes... I-I know... well, I... knew that..."

Dominica was quick to notice Gabriel's knee. It was the big details, as well as the small ones, that she was quick to point out. Somewhere, in the deep reaches of her mind, a voice began to speak. 'Ohh... so THAT'S why he fell in the first place... heh... Ironic that someone from the likes of him has to wander all day with a cane by his side. It's... sad, in a way, but at least he can move about without it.' It was very odd. The boy seemed to be friendly. He spoke in a friendly tone and Dominica figured that out very quickly. However, there was just something about him that both intrigued and frightened the girl to the bone. 'Hmmm... this boy... there's something about him. Something strange, but I can't just put my finger on it. Heh... this boy's hiding something. Watch him. See what he does. There's something different about him.'

Of course, these words spoken by a anonymous voice in her head never ever once seeped out of her own mouth. This was good mainly due to the fact that... well, most of the things that this voice said to her was in very bad taste and therefore very rude. With her smile still tightly pressed onto her face, Dominica forced herself to answer the boy. "Uhh... I... My name... i-is Dominica. Dominica Shapiro. It's... nice to meet your acquaintance, G-Gabriel." she was just about to continue, when she stopped. Hmm... I don't believe anyone has actually voluntarily given you their name, or at least not in the way he's presented it. Either he's patronizing you, or he actually means well. Go with the latter, and see where this is going to go. Learn what this boy's intentions of talking to you are. That's all these kids talk to you for: Answers for a test or for homework. ' "I mean... I-I'm fine... r-really."
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Well, this went better than he'd imagined. "That's good, again, i'm really sorry." He replied. Without a second thought, Gabriel pulled out his chair again, and sat down. He began to read. Ah, typical science fiction... The name of 'Avtar the Fleetlord' gave it away almost immediately. "Ugh... That isn't too great." Gabriel tossed the book away, aimlessly onto the shelf it came from. He ran his hands through his hair, sighing as he did. Nothing to do... Granted, he was skipping a class, but they were only watching a movie that he'd seen countless times, for whatever stupid relm of history that they were studying... He couldn't be bothered to remember. School always drained him. He was happy he had people to do that work for him, at least. Maybe some conversation would help, if it didn't bother Dominica too much. Who was he kidding, he didn't really care one way or the other, despite what he'd tried to make her think.

"So... what're you doing here? I'm just wandering through the shelves, looking for something to occupy my time. We're not doing much of anything in my class this period so... yeah. I've got awful luck with books, that one I tried to pick up was... well, shit."

Pausing, Gabriel yawned. The day was going by more and more slowly. A tired glance at the clock wasn't any comfort. Oddly enough, he heard this odd whispering sound... He couldn't quite put his finger on it. It sounded like voices, in some type of chant... Yes, it was a chant.
Gabriel sat up. It began to increase in intensity. Then, as quickly as it came, it left.

"Did you just hear something now? A odd humming sound... Must've been the ducts... It was a little eerie. Whatever..."

To his delight, Gabriel spotted on a shelf behind him the book American Psycho. How fitting. He picked it off of the shelf.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

"W-why am I...." Well... Dominica wasn't exactly ready for the question itself. She knew that, at some point, someone was going to come over to her and ask her what she was doing in the library, but she didn't expect a student to do the honors, especially a tall boy like Gabriel. Frankly, she didn't know how to answer the question at first, but finally composed herself. "Uhh... I... I always come here. During... lunch I mean. I have no where else to be, and... I'm never really hungry during the afternoon... So... that's why I always... come here.... yeah..." She was trying to answer the question to the best of her abilities, but she was still struggling.

Then... the boy heard some voices, and while Dominica knew she had A voice in her head, she wasn't really sure if the voice he heard WAS hers. "W-what voices? I... didn't hear any voices... Well, no other voices other than mine... of course... no... just us..." Heh.... the boy might not have as sharp a mind as I originally thought he had... Maybe he is just a waste of your time. All of them are a waste of your time. Why do you even bother? Why not just set the school on fire? That always seems to get one's point across. Bu-but... I can't do that. Not everyone's evil in school. Some of them are just... mislead. Yeah... that's the word. We can't set the school on fire anyway. How are we going to get gasoline or a box of matches in a campus like this. You never let me have any fun, don't you? Bloody wanker. The images of a devil and an angel on both of Dominica's shoulders would be the best way to describe what her conflicts between the voice in her head and her conscious always looked. Basically, no one could hear them other than Dominica. At least, that's what she always thought.

Dominca suddenly changed the subject in her own mind. Gabriel took a book off of the shelf. She knew the title. American Psycho by Bret Ellis. A book that she had read and, even though she had finished it in a few days, she thought the ending very disappointing. All the sex, murder and the rest of it's violent nature seemed to pass over Dominica's head. She spoke up again. "American Psycho.... m-may I tell you something... about it? It may ruin it, but... the ending is sad and disappointing..."
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

The smirk drew away from Gabriel's face. Something to do, and it was ruined. Damnit, you stupid little shit... Hiding his anger, Gabriel drew his face away from the book, which he closed sharply. "Well... that isn't too good... I heard American Psycho was supposed to be a good book. I'll take your word for it, though... I was never into book much anyways." Of course I do... except when people tear the meaning apa- well, it isn't the end of the world... just an annoyance.

He got up, and looked down at his watch. It was nearly time to leave. The last pointless class of the day was coming to an end, and Gabriel didn't want to bother reading books about grotesque aliens or decedant romanticisations of serial killers. Once more, he checked the strange picture fragment in his backpack - the angle that he looked at it from showed a pair of feet - and put it back in again. He swallowed, and then ran his hands across his demonically beautiful face.

"As fun as this has been, Dominica, I have to go now. I hope we get more time to talk, you seem like a neat person. Now..." Gabriel smirked whimsically, getting up and tossing his cane in the air. He spun it once, in a playful way. Putting on a 'gentlemanly' accent, he turned and said to her: "Now, I bid you good day Ms. Shapiro, and many more to come."

He mused at his own shallow emotions; almost everything he said there was insincere. In fact, most of what he said he never really meant. His wristwatch beeped loudly. It rang out the end of Gabriel's monotonous, tiring day. A sudden urge came over him... coupled with the low, dark humming he had heard before. This time, it was calmer.

"Maybe I want to go bowling..."
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

((I understand where you're going with this, but be very careful at the direction you take here. I understand it, but just make sure that you don't cross a certain line into distaste here. If this needs explaining by ANYONE you can PM me.))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

What did I do? I... just said... Dominica wasn't too sure what to make of what just happened. It appeared as though Gabriel was mildly irritated by her inclusion into his business. Then again, she wasn't a mindreader, and she was left sitting there unsure if she had actually done anything wrong. "W-Well... that was... my opinion, so you might view... the whole... thing differently." By the time she actually said something to the boy, he had already left his seat, leaving her words completely ignored.

Heh... the boy's a little rude, but you practically runined the book for him... in a way. But I didn't tell him the ending! I just said... It doesn't matter what how you said it. What you DID say made the poor bloke quite angry. Although I understand, but does that really matter. Now he hates you. Like everyone else in this school. They wouldn't care if you dead or alive.

Dominica sighed softly. She knew the voice had a point. No one liked her, even the person who she had just met five minutes ago. It was pointless to even try to be social. This result always seemed to happen. It was making her very sick but there was nothing in the possible world she can do to stop it. The only thing she CAN do is to sit there and say nothing, and save everyone the trouble of even knowing she existed. And THAT was exactly what she would have done...

...If of course Dominica didn't hear the boy's last words.

"Now, I bid you good day Ms. Shapiro, and many more to come."

Something in that statement twisted at Dominica like nothing else could. Gabriel was somewhat known for acting like he had some sort of emotion, but there was something that he didn't know about the girl he was talking to: She was practically a insincerity-detector. She had experienced alot of it in her day, so she knew whenever it reared it's ugly head. AND that boy's last statements was overflowing with insincerity. It made the girl cringe in anger and, for a brief if yet unnecessary moment...

She let her darkside rear it's ugly head.

"Hey. I don't suppose you KNOW what you just said to me, boy. I'm not some sort of orphan that's living on the streets. I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY, you pathetic excuse of a bastard!"

That wasn't Dominica at all. She never cursed. But anyone who had just met her wouldn't have known that.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

A shudder overtook Gabriel. He stopped in his tracks. Normally insults never bothered him; they were simply irritations. This one had hooked into him, under his skin, and didn't let go. It wasn't the nature of the insult, nor was it stress... It was the only thing that really, seriously bothered Gabriel - a chink in his armor. A break in the mind-numbingly insincere and ficticious personality that he'd spent the better part of his life perfecting. If this could be broken, then there would be no end to what one could find within.

He coldly dropped his cane to the ground. His backpack followed it. Loud cracks could be heard as Gabriel clenched his fists. It looked like he'd fallen asleep standing, as he barely moved a muscle now. He quickly turned around, leaving his bad leg awkwardly in the same place until he moved it in front of him. A frightening look drew across his demonic face. This degree of intimidation, he hoped, would send her running, if not cowering at least. The giant finally spoke.

"Come again? Sorry excuse for a bastard? That's a sorry excuse for an insult. Who the fuck do you think you are, trying to insult me? ME, of all people! For fuck's sakes girl, are you stupid? There's nobody to impress... Granted, even if they were here, they'd just laugh at you and probably run away when I begin to fucking wail on you. I may have a ruined knee, but believe me, give me a chance and I will ruin any human being stupid enough to irk me!"

He staggered towards Dominica as he spoke, leaning into the table as he finished his threat. The awful, beastly tone of his voice lowered. "But, luckily for you, Dominica, I can't harm you here, especially when I've got a date with the police for whatever goddamn reason they've thought up of now! I am being COMPLETELY clear on this... If you say anything like that to me again... No, if you even attempt to speak to me in that tone again, I will hurt you."

The eerie silence of the library returned, again. Here, Gabriel stared into Dominica's eyes maliciously. He could only imagine what he really meant when he said he would 'hurt' her. Was that 'hurt' or 'kill'? He couldn't tell. If she spoke to him like that again, it could be either. It seemed like he was going to stay in that state for hours. He suddenly snapped back to his 'happy self.'

"I'm glad you understand. Have a nice day, Dominica."

The aluminum cane that was his lifeline tapped against the floor as Gabriel strode from the library. An awful feeling seemed to sit in his stomach, complimenting the sheer rage that radiated off of him. His insides seemed to churn as he thought harder on what was really bothering him. "Right, the cops... Oh this should be fun." What the hell would they want with him? The question repeated itself in his head as much as the tapping of his cane did.

He passed the class he was supposed to be attending. The faces on the television screen were just barely visible behind the glass. He had no desire to watch that movie for the third time. To the point he'd rather be questioned by the police. Gabriel shuddered as he remembered how bland the movie was. Before anyone could look outside the window at him, he limped off.

I want you to trust me
I want you to believe me
I want to feel your eyes
I want to control every heartbeat

((Continued in Beauty, Beast and Boxer))

Return to “Southridge Library”