V7 Seventh Announcement

Fluff by Emprexx Plush; Announcement by Deamon

Here you can find all of the announcements made during V7, as well as the previews of the island before it was unveiled.
Deamon

V7 Seventh Announcement

Post by Deamon »

Saturday June 16, 2018: Undisclosed Location, 11:22 PM

Trent’s knuckles stopped before tapping on the door frame. He hadn’t expected Adimabua’s office to look this busy. There were boxes filled with hanging folders piled all around his desk, and the desk itself was buried under more open folders than he could count at a glance. They were spaced so that none covered another, presumably so he could read their contents without trying to restructure the whole layout over and over again. Adimabua wasn’t looking at any of them. His head was down staring at a single sheet of paper. The pencil in his right hand moved around the page but made no contact. By all appearances he had not noticed Trent’s arrival.

If he hadn’t had his questions directed to the man by name he wouldn’t know him. Hence the hesitance; there were enough volatile personalities in this operation that disrupting someone in the thick of it was liable to get something hurled at you. The pencil was the most threatening thing in his reach, though. Trent finished the motion and coughed for good measure. “Sorry to bother, but do you have a minute?”

His pencil slowed, then stilled. Adi set it down and adjusted his glasses. When he turned his attention to Trent his smile was tired. “Mr. Camden. Pardon me, I did not see you. Please come in.” He gestured to the chair across from his desk, but Trent shook his head. “I won’t be long, seems you’ve got quite a lot without me taking up your time!” Adi took the pencil back up and tapped its eraser against the desk.

“Are you familiar with my work?”

“No? Not more than the other bean counters that is, it’s not much my business now is it?” Speaking of his business it was too late to be on the run around, but curiosity got the better of him. “Why?”

Adi chuckled and circled something on the page. Now that Trent was closer it looked like a list of names. “Bean counting, yes, I would like to get back to that. My role is more to count the counting. Some of the numbers, they do not add up properly, and if I can see that…” He shrugged. “It is a problem.”

It was hard to say without looking closely, but Trent didn’t recognize any of the names. His knuckles rapped on the desk before going before brushing through his hair. He started walking to no place in particular, a sort of half lap that took him past piled up records and remnants of meals from...days? Weeks? He wasn’t paying close enough attention. “Can I ask how bad it is?” There was a chuckle behind him. He kept moving.

“For us? I cannot say. I am sure we have seen worse. Do not concern yourself.” Adi paused. His glasses folded in his hand to rest on top of the sheet. It was a heavy thing that he was being asked, not by Mr. Camden but by his duties. He had not allowed it to bow his head while the task was at hand but now that it was finished and could be shared with another perspective, mm. He pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes. “Those who might expose us should not be so relaxed. I am...in this line of work, so to speak, because I risked exposure but was judged useful. Are these,” his fingers brushed along the page, “useful? I cannot say. But I expose them. I will not see them, but should they, mm.” Words needed to be chosen carefully. “Should I no longer see their name in our ledgers. I am responsible. Wouldn’t you say?”

There came no answer. Ah. Not careful enough. It was foolish to voice his, it was not accurate to call them concerns, more ethical curiosities. They could sound like dissent, though, like risk. There was no way of knowing that was not what this man had come to feel out. Look up and he would know, but he could not. Adi sat in darkness afraid of what he might see when he opened his eyes.

After some time, he coughed. “Mr. Camden?”

Nothing.

Minutes would pass before he settled back in his chair to an empty room. He had no way of knowing that as soon as he assured him it was not his problem, Trent Camden was out the door. Could you blame him? He was a pharmacist, not a therapist. His late reimbursements could wait for a less moody accountant at a more sensible hour.

Sunday, June 17, 2018: Undisclosed Location, 9 AM

Tracen strolled over this announcement desk with a smile fixed to his face. It had been a simple day, a normal day, after a few attempts at getting out of their situation it appeared that the students had finally settled down. At the very least, those that had been trying to escape had settled down following the failure of their peers, either way, it was reason to be in a good mood.

“Good morning all! I hope you are all enjoying yourselves now that you know you are all on the path that leads to the end of our game. There is a still a while yet, but I suggest keeping it in mind, just in case you need a morale boost in the coming days. In fact, speaking of boosts I have just the thing to perk you all up this morning. How about we run through those of you who passed on yesterday? Sound good?"

Tracen paused for added effect before finishing his statement.

"I thought so.”

A brief sound of shuffling papers signaled the beginning of the run down.

“We begin today with a quiet, mood piece as Catherine Zier died as a result of wounds inflicted by Michael Froese. It wasn't quick or clean, but the job got done and that's all we ask for at the end of the day.

“Our second kill today comes as Parker Green was caught off guard by Ace Ortega. It's unfortunate really but at the same time, it's good to see Ace make the best of the hand he's been given.

Tracen tutted as he read the next name on his list.

“I believe we warned you about head injuries kids, but despite our warnings Axel Fontaine succumbed to blunt force trauma inflicted by Lorenzo Tavares, notch one up for ghost Lorenzo, wooooo spooky.”

Tracen chuckled to himself and took a sip of coffee before he continued.

Adonis Cohen was next up to meet his maker as he was shot by Emmett Bunnell. This was after Adonis had already mortally wounded Cecil Salazar-Loveless. I'm sure it was all very sad and emotional, but the important lesson here is to never trust anyone."

“Who's that familiar figure approaching over the horizon? Why it's Blaise d'Aramitz! And look there, they've killed Megan Summers! Please refer to what I have said about trust previously.”

Another gulp of coffee passed Tracen's lips as he read a bit ahead and made sure he was happy with his lines.

Jeff Greene and Max Rudolph had a fight in the waterfall cave and both ended up dying when Max Rudolf detonated Jeff's collar and caught some of the shrapnel himself. Personally we were all rooting for one of them to...what's the word you kids say...yeet? Is it yeet? Anyway, we were hoping one of them would yeet the other off the waterfall itself but alas it was not to be.”

“Next up Amber Yates took two shots in the dome from Erika Stieglitz but trust us when we say she isn't getting up from the second one. Unless she's a hydra.”

“In our only double kill of the day Blaise d'Aramitz struck again and shot Billy Trevino after a brief scuffle. Good try Billy, but you just weren't good enough.”

“And finally, in yet another example of why you shouldn't trust anyone, Declyn Grayson-Anthis was shot by Myles Roux who then just watched him bleed out. Cold."

Tracen finished off his coffee and set the cup down with a cheerful exhale.

"Right, so, this is the part where I tell you what section of the island we've turned into a danger zone. But today there is a key change to how things work, danger zones are permanent from now on. That means if you go into any of the areas we say going forward, then boom, you're out. Since you may not have been expecting this and need a reminder of the previous one, The Upper Wilds are staying blocked off and we're adding The Menagerie. Don't expect us to give you reminders again, this is a one and done deal."

"And finishing off today we have the announcement of her best kill award. Thankfully it's not a tie this time, so congratulations to Arizona Butler! Your prize of a new weapon and chicken and waffles, with syrup and a pitcher of grape flavor-aid can be found in the Menagerie itself!"

"With that done I am afraid I must bid you adieu for another day kids. I know you love hearing from me, but I promise we'll be able to talk again tomorrow, bye!"

And with that Tracen clicked off the speakers.

DAY EIGHT: SUNDAY, JUNE 17, 2018

Weather: The island has remained very humid and sticky as it continues to be fully exposed to the sun without the presence of any wind. The temperature has stayed steady however with highs of around 99 degrees F, 37 degrees C. The moon is still in the waxing crescent phase. The eighth announcement will come at 9 AM on June 18.
Below you can find those selected by the rolls this round.

Summary:

1. Justin Greene (MK Kilmarnock) Tonya Collins (Emprexx Plush, Hero Card used)
2. Arizona Butler (Deamon) Aliya Kimia Nemati (Deamon, Swap Card used)
3. Morgan Dragosavich (Cactus) Lizzie Lebowski (Slam, Hero Card used)
4. Lori Martin (Ruggahissy) Tirzah Foss (Ruggahissy, Swap Card used)
5. Theophilus “Theo” Walterson (Jan de Witt)
[+] Logs
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:20 PM
Rolling 5 again?
KilmarnockToday at 8:20 PM
Yeah. Gimme two test rolls, chief.
DeamonToday at 8:21 PM
/roll 1d657
SidekickBOTToday at 8:21 PM
@Deamon: 1d657 = (609) = 609
DeamonToday at 8:21 PM
/roll 1d657
SidekickBOTToday at 8:21 PM
@Deamon: 1d657 = (208) = 208
KilmarnockToday at 8:22 PM
Nice. We are rolling out of?
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:22 PM
KilmarnockToday at 8:22 PM
Wonderful.
Roll 1:
DeamonToday at 8:22 PM
/roll 1d64
SidekickBOTToday at 8:22 PM
@Deamon: 1d64 = (8) = 8
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:22 PM
8. Justin Greene (MK Kilmarnock)
KilmarnockToday at 8:23 PM
Roll 2:
DeamonToday at 8:23 PM
/roll 1d64
SidekickBOTToday at 8:23 PM
@Deamon: 1d64 = (19) = 19
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:23 PM
19. Arizona Butler (Deamon)
KilmarnockToday at 8:23 PM
Roll 3:
DeamonToday at 8:23 PM
/roll 1d64
SidekickBOTToday at 8:23 PM
@Deamon: 1d64 = (4) = 4
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:23 PM
4. Morgan Dragosavich (Cactus)
KilmarnockToday at 8:24 PM
Roll 4:
DeamonToday at 8:24 PM
/roll 1d64
SidekickBOTToday at 8:24 PM
@Deamon: 1d64 = (31) = 31
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:24 PM
31. i Martin (Ruggahissy)
whoops
31. Lori Martin (Ruggahissy)
KilmarnockToday at 8:24 PM
Roll 5:
DeamonToday at 8:24 PM
/roll 1d64
SidekickBOTToday at 8:24 PM
@Deamon: 1d64 = (1) = 1
Latin For DragulaToday at 8:24 PM
1. Theophilus “Theo” Walterson (Jan de Witt)
Please remember all the etiquette surrounding rolls, kill requests, etc. Once again, there are three days (72 hours) for cards and Danger Zone posts, and a further seven days for Danger Zone exits.

Additional congratulations to Fenris for winning BDA for the death of Axel Fontaine, we'll have a quote nomination thread up shortly.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

1. Justin Greene (MK Kilmarnock)
gonna be a no from me boss

Heroing Tonya Collins for Justin Greene. Send me death ideas.

Edit: I'm particularly interested in a killer who wants to do a sleeping kill, I've got a core concept I'd like to wrap Tonya's story with so hit me up if you're that kind of murderer.

Edit 2: I'm sorted, thanks for pitches!
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Hey everyone.

So I would like to plead and beg for a hero. Morgan's been a real pleasure to write, and I feel like I'm just not quite done his story - now that he's caught up with Michael and he understands exactly what his friend's mind has become, I'd love the chance to really react to that and have a little bit of time to process it all.

I would greatly, greatly appreciate a hero. I know it's a tough one at this point, but I must ask anyways.

Should note I still have a hero left, so I'd be interested in doing a hero-swap, if that's something anyone would be interested in.
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Alright folks I'm down to one character so I would REALLY love it if-

Oh.

NEVER MIND.
Jan de Witt

Post by Jan de Witt »

Hello everyone!

I'd like a hero for Theo, as I think there's still some ideas I'd like to try with him.

I no longer need death ideas, thanks for all the suggestions.

(P.S. I'd prefer to be directly PM'd on Discord rather than on the site.)
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Hola

Bippidy Boppity, I do a swapity

Tirzah Foss for Lori Martin

I waited this long to punish the memers. No one hero me or I'll stab you. I have a killer set up.
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Swapping Aliya in for Arizona.

Please send death ASAP
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

I'm gonna ask for a three day extension. I have the flu and no more sick days so I don't know if I'll have the energy to push like usual.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

I’m asking for a five day extension as I am in Barcelona until the 8th AND I apparently have food poisoning from bad paella :( . Hopefully that one will be resolved by tomorrow though
backslash

Post by backslash »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:53 pm I'm gonna ask for a three day extension. I have the flu and no more sick days so I don't know if I'll have the energy to push like usual.
Ruggahissy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:31 am I’m asking for a five day extension as I am in Barcelona until the 8th AND I apparently have food poisoning from bad paella :( . Hopefully that one will be resolved by tomorrow though
Extensions granted. One day, 11 hours, and 39 minutes for cards.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Slam

Post by Slam »

Heroing Morgan Dragosavich with Lizzie Lebowski.

No death ideas kthx.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
backslash

Post by backslash »

That's past time for cards. 6 days, 18 hours, and 57 minutes for unextended deaths and Danger Zone exits if anyone is left in there.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
backslash

Post by backslash »

4 days, 5 hours, and 2 minutes left for deaths without an extension.
Jan de Witt

Post by Jan de Witt »

I'd like to request a seven day extension, as I've just been asked to make two different presentations next week and I might need to take some time off to prepare for them.
backslash

Post by backslash »

Jan de Witt wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:36 am I'd like to request a seven day extension, as I've just been asked to make two different presentations next week and I might need to take some time off to prepare for them.
Granted.

Return to “V7 Announcements”