Rinse, Repeat

Separate from the barracks, the showers are exactly as their name would suggest. The room is, in essence, a large bathroom facility with an open shower area. It's an ideal place to rest, but don't loiter around for too long. The lone door in the front of the building could sign your fate if an ambitious player follows you inside.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

"Lex..." Kyrie mumbled, stunned at the other girl's outburst. Sure, Lexie wasn't well liked in school. Hell, Kyrie wasn't even well liked. But that didn't mean that they had to abandon those people who had hurt them. This place was different. They all had to rely on each other. Kyrie wasn't going to turn her back on people she could help because Lexie didn't like them. She was being spoiled. Everyone had lost someone they held dear to them at this point. They all had to work together to escape this hell.

Lex quickly reminded her that being so trusting could get her killed. Lyn Burbank killed her own cousin for god's sake. Kyrie hugged herself tightly. That might have been true... but Kyrie knew in her heart that if she couldn't have faith in people, she'd just be alone and dead anyway. Lex moved to walk out, then turned to Kyrie and gave her an ultimatum. Come with her or stay behind. Kyrie shook her head.

"Alexis!" She yelled at the retreating figure. "You're the one who's walking away Lex! I won't turn my back on anyone! You turn your back on me, go ahead! I'll escape! I'll find a way! You can go and drown in your own fake sorrow! It's all of us or none of us now!" She yelled through the rain, in front of the three remaining people.

"I don't care anymore Lex! I'll save these people! I'll find a way! You're turning your back on ME!" She sobbed slightly. Lexie was one of her closest friends... and now, she was walking away from her. Kyrie was glad the rain covered her tears.

"Alright..." She said as she turned to the three onlookers. "Let's... let's get inside... The rain's depressing me." She shook her head and walked towards the door.

"You can all be sure... I'll get us out of here... if you'll put your trust in me, that is..." She smiled slightly. "I'll find a way... I'm sure of it!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

John watched as the goth girl seemed to have a confrontation with one of the other girls - Kyrie, she'd said her name was, and stormed off. Which, quite frankly? That was fine for John. The circumstances were awfully grim, and as it stood now, John didn't see himself living another week; let alone another day. It wasn't pessimism, it was just the clearheadedness to see the reality of his situation. The more people that he surrounded himself with who had the sort of attitude that the goth chick had, the more likely he'd find himself with a knife sticking out of his back, courtesy of an 'ally'.

Thanks, but no thanks.

As John watched the girl saunter off into the jungle brush, he scratched his unruly hair and silently bid her adieu. All the rest of his new companions seemed like pretty easygoing people - and even if he didn't know them, it didn't mean that they weren't good people. As he turned his attention to the people in front of him, his eyebrow raised as the Asian; Vera, apparently her name was, as she quite blatantly flirted both with John (who, while not necessarily interested, appreciated the sentiment), and Noah, who seemed a tad taken aback by her forwardness.

Taken aback by forwardness. That's a good one, John. Maybe you'll win a scholastic prize for literature with those observations. Or at least, a treadmill.

Looking at Vera, he grinned and winked at the girl. He was pretty sure that he'd met her before, and was pretty sure that he'd caught her looking at him a few times before, but she was a good-looking girl, and if he'd been interested in the fairer sex, he'd probably have (figureatively) jumped all over her, in a second. Unfortunately, the fates dictated that his interests didn't lie in her direction, and being as he'd come out awhile ago, she probably knew that.

Ahhh, I guess that's a shame. No 'oh man, we're going to die soon, let's fuck' end of the world sex for good ol' Lantis. Not unless I find someone I don't already know from this school who isn't a whiny old nancy boy. But anyhow...

At Kyrie's quip at the rain, John dragged his mind out of the gutter and nodded his head in agreement.

"She's right, this rain got old about twelve hours ago. If we can find somewhere to stay dry, I'm all for it. Shall we?"

Gesturing to the inside of the showers, John nodded at both Noah and Vera, and took a few steps towards the inside of the shower room. As he walked into the room, he couldn't help but muse at the others.

"Oh, and nobody get any funny ideas about actually turning these things ON, alright? I think we've all had enough watery death from above for one day..."
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Neuphim†

Post by Neuphim† »

Now that she saw what Lexie actually looks like, she couldn't help but feel a sting of pity for the girl. Not because she had to suffer through that before, though her appearance did raise eyebrows. Vera hoped that was the case, but it wasn't. It was actually that she used to pick on her quite a bit. It wasn't so much to the face type of bullying, but immature gossiping with other track members. She turned her head, a twain of melancholy prevalent.

Vera truly wanted to talk more. She wanted to stay up a bit longer and learn a bit more about her fellow teammates: Kyrie, Noah, and John. She wanted to follow Lex and apologize to her for being such a bitch. But right now she didn't have that much strength to spare on idle chitchat and the sorts. The steps she took to get inside the showers was all that she could muster before resting her back flat on the floor.

With a small moan, her eyes weighed heavily and they sealed. Before the voyage of reverie set in, Vera muttered, with a broad smile, a quick 'warning'.

"Kyrie, make sure neither of these guys, though they both are pretty damn hot, make a move on me. Noah, John... do that stuff when I'm awake. I'd be able to appreciate it more and that'd be ...yeah."

And her mind instantly drifted into sleep.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Neuphim. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

Noah watched as Lex stormed off into the brush, shaking his head a bit. It doesn't concern me. He thought to himself. If she really wants to go out there by herself, there's not much I can do to stop her. He couldn't help but feel a little worried, though. Lex seemed like a good enough person from the time he'd known her in school (only in passing, though.) The verbal lashings she'd give those who tried to prey on her always amused him. He always wished he could stand up for himself like she did. When the bullies came for him, he always tried to avoid it, which just encouraged them all the more. He was always afraid that his little...problem...would surface and he'd do something that he would certainly regret later.

He looked down at the kunai in his hands again. Can I really kill someone when the time comes? Can I really go through this without...losing control? He gave a sigh as he followed the other three into the building.

He gave a mischievious smile as Vera gave one more quip before taking a nap "I'll certainly try." He joked, but Vera had already drifted off. Suddenly, he had an idea. "Well, since it appears that I'm the only one that recieved an actual weapon..." He looked over at Kyrie, waiting for a moment to see if she'd correct him and reveal she was carrying something other than the megaphone, then realizing how stupid that thought was, as if she had something better she'd certainly be carrying that instead. "...I think it's time I shared the wealth." He turned the pair of kunai in his hands around and handed one to John. "I've got two more in my pack, enough for everyone. I know it's not that great, but it's better than hoping the next crazy we run into is allergic to Fox Mulder, or just having a really bad headache, or..." He hands the second one over to Kyrie, thinking for a moment. "...er, sorry, I can't really think of a witty response for that one." He set the pack down on the ground, opening it up and digging out the last two, looking over at Vera. "...I'll just give her her's when she wakes up." She didn't want to disturb her rest. Getting a peaceful sleep (a NON-FINAL peaceful sleep) was pretty damn hard around here.

He turned around to look out the door, grimacing as he finally noticed the corpse of Anthony Burbank. "Yeesh." He had already seen a few corpses during his time here, but he still couldn't get used to it. That guy was such a dick, but even he didn't deserve THAT. A chill ran down his spine as he realized that there were other corpses in the room next door, having gotten only a tiny glimpse when he walked in. He slowly turned his head in that direction, stopping and looking forward as a pool of blood appeared in the corner of his eye I have a bad feeling about this.

"I...really don't want to see what's in the next room, do I?" He asked.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Kyrie led the way into the shower facility, frowning slightly at the corpse of Anthony Burbank as she passed. No one deserved to die in a place like this. It was disturbing. His own cousin had murdered him so brutally... how could everyone be giving in to this horrible game? She sighed and leaned against the far wall. She watched as John, Vera and Noah followed her in. She smiled at her motley comrades.

Vera entered and quickly sat against a wall. She joked about Kyrie being sure to watch that the boys don't make any moves on her, before drifting off to dreamland. Kyrie smiled. It was a lucky thing to be able to sleep. Kyrie knew that any sleep for her would be tormented by the evils she'd witnessed the past few days.

John made a joke about not turning on the showers, and she laughed. It was cold enough in here without them freezing to death from shower water. She placed the megaphone on the ground and dropped her daypack next to it. Noah began to speak up, and she smiled. It was very kind of him to give them all weapons, even if they were just knives. Anything was good. Kyrie felt slightly safer with the knife in hand, but she knew that bringing herself to actually use it would be another story entirely.

"Thanks. This'll probably give us a better shot." She grinned. He mentioned the next room. "Probobly not..." She said sadly. Her eyes spotted Anthony's daypack next to his body. She bit her lip.

"I... I suppose we should take his rations... I mean... he won't be using them..." She walked over to the body, and knelt beside it. She grimaced as she pulled the pack away, and motioned for one of the others to give her a hand. She searched inside the daypack, but she couldn't find a weapon or food of any sort.

"I guess Lyn took his food and weapon... God... I feel like such a vulture." She sighed and stood. She nodded to the boys, and began to formulate a plan of action in her head. They had to contact someone who could help them find a way to escape. The only people that immediately came to mind were the class president and those SADD people Danya mentioned on the announcement. She knew their leader, Neil Sinclair. They'd jammed together on occasion in the school's auditorium.

"Alright... first things first, we need to figure out how to get these collars off. Without them off, we cant really do anything concerning escape. I'm thinking that we should look for this 'SADD' group Danya mentioned. They must have done something right for Danya to punish them so severely. What do you think?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

(OOC: I should note that Lyn already ran off with Anthony's rations, so there wouldn't be anything like that left in his daypack.)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((OOC: Edited the post. Thanks hun. ^_^))
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((B112 Start))

Dennis Bernard had often fantasized about being in Survival of the Fittest. The whole idea had once leant itself to a certain romanticism--facing impossible odds with a circle of friends, standing in defiance against a faceless persecutor--but now, making his way through the bush armed with a harpoon and no idea where he was going or who he'd run into, Dennis could only think of how fucking petrified he was. He'd woke up to the crackling tone of Danya's voice over a loudspeaker, vomited loudly through the first couple of deaths, and finally set out into the jungle with the screams of dead girls ringing in his ears.

'This is so messed up...' he thought, a veritable gauntlet of ferns slapping against his face and arms as he cut a path through the deep jungle. '...And apparently it's not even Day 1! Yesterday? What freaking day is yesterday?' He realized that his anxiety was beginning to get the better of him. 'Ok ok, calm down Dennis. Nobody ever got anywhere in this game by panicking.....Oh man...where am I even going?'

The map had given him no real indication where he was, since the jungle stretched out and touched almost every corner of the island. Fortunately, Dennis soon came upon a small clearing and a simple concrete building. He guessed it was the shower facility, given the high-set windows and arid funk of standing water. The entrance lay on the other side though, as he'd approached it from behind. After a moment or two of just looking up at the big gray wall, Dennis went to get his map out again.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

((G68 Start))

Six days on the island had taken a bit of a toll on Lucy Arber. She'd lost enough weight that her belt was no longer entirely for show; it actually held up her pants. Her white tank top clung tightly to her skin, soaked completely and dyed a little blue on the straps from the dye dripping off her long, dreadlocked hair. She'd declined to wear a bra on the day of the trip, and thus her breasts were very obvious under the nearly transparent, clingy fabric. She hoped it could give her an advantage over someone who really likes boobs, and also that Southridge was populated by people who like tits.

She'd spent the most of the night before in the jungle, where she still was at that moment. The announcements woke her up at the same ungodly hour they always do, and she had sat on a fallen tree in the faint morning light while the tortured screams of her classmates shook the air around her and made her feel sick. Just because she'd decided to align herself with the mighty Lucifer, didn't mean that she condoned this type of thing. Satanists don't dig killing people or animals, regardless of what wive's tales you might have heard. Although, that didn't mean that she wouldn't play to survive when it came right down to it...

Lucy broke through the thick foliage and found herself looking at the back wall of the shower facility she'd been looking for. And who else would she find skulking about but her good old friend, Dennis Bernard?

Well, well, well...

He was the person she loathed most, and at the same time she was pleased to have run into him. Making Dennis mad was an art, and Lucy had made quite a career for herself because of her abilities in the area. By the time grade school was over, she couldn't even be in the same classroom with Dennis without him eventually throwing a fit and storming out. He'd had a better hold of his temper by the time high school rolled around, but Lucy already knew which buttons to push to make him livid, and spent much of the classes they'd had together making his life difficult. She put forth every effort to sit next to, or behind him. It made it easier to hear the hexes she muttered at him, also to steal Magic cards out of his pockets. If she happened to get a seat behind the unfortunate soul, she'd shoot spitballs and throw random shit a the back of his head. On one occasion, she'd leaned over her desk with a pair of scissors and managed to snip off a large chunk of his hair. For a month, she played various condom and sex-related pranks on him. If he was ever sitting in the cafe with a girl, any girl, she would walk by and drop a condom in his food. The smallest size she could find, naturally. People probably thought that she was an asshole for the things she would do to Dennis, but Lucy didn't care what a bunch of teenage douchebags thought about her anyway. The kid was annoying and an easy target; but oh so delightful to harass.

Lucy looked down at her breasts again. She didn't particularly want Dennis to know that her nipples were a little crooked, but...fuck it. This had too much potential to be fun.

"Hail Satan." she said, just loud enough to get his attention.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler dinah_shore. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Dennis whirled around to face the person addressing him, noticeably startled as he dropped his daypack and brandished the harpoon. The voice really should've been a dead giveaway, but in his defense he was a little out of it. The moment he realized that it was Lucy Arber, Dennis lowered his weapon, relieved but not exactly thrilled to see her. He'd known her since grade school, and she'd been out to get him from day one. He wasn't even sure what prompted it in the first place, but Lucy always did everything she could to harass him. On one occasion in freshman year she cut off a lock of his hair with a pair of scissors while he wasn't looking, another time she figured out his combination and lined his locker door with pictures of half-naked men from an adult magazine. He dreaded every class he had with her, and sometimes even lunch. She was an absolute pain in the ass.

Still, Dennis knew Lucy well enough to know that she was no killer, even though she went on and on about being a Satanist. He never really took anything she said to him seriously, since most of it was just bullshit to screw with him. A voice in the back of his mind told him to be wary anyway, and he payed it enough mind to count for something.

"Oh, uh...hey Lucy. Glad to see you're ok."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

Lucy smiled, baring several shiny rows of metal braces. "What's up, Sunday school?" she responded flatly. Hassling Dennis seemed kind of petty even to herself, given the situation. She just couldn't stand the idea of showing any sign of fear or weakness. He might take advantage of it; who wouldn't in his shoes, really? No, Lucy had to play it cool.

She noted the weapon in his hands, a harpoon. Her eyes found his as she felt herself become more aware of the axe she'd tucked into the back of her pants. Lucy hoped that Dennis believed in the whole "turn the other cheek" business, because she didn't. Even if she died trying, she would skin him alive if he so much as touched her.

He won't use it, though.

"Nice weapon. To be honest, I didn't expect you to live this long...must be the luck o'the Irish, huh? Or is it Welsh? French? Fuck, I dunno."

Really, she shouldn't have been doing it, but in true Lucy style, she did anyway.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler dinah_shore. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Dennis couldn't believe that Lucy was pulling her usual shit in this kind of situation. What made him especially angry was that she was calling his heritage into question, since she knew that was the one thing that irritated him the most. Sure, he wasn't certain if that 1/4 of him was indeed Irish but he really liked Celtic culture and felt that was enough by itself.

"Ugh. Nevermind, you're hopeless," he grumbled at her bitterly.

Lucy's vicious and spiteful attitude left him with an urgency to get away from her as fast as possible. Dennis grabbed his pack and turned to leave, not too concerned about if he'd ever see her again.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

The bastard was going to walk away from her.
Just before Dennis could leave, Lucy quipped, "Oh, so you're just going to leave me here! Way to play the hero, Adam Dodd." She took a couple impatient steps towards him. "You're a big, fat, stupid pussy!"

He kept walking, so Lucy tried one more.

"Be honest with me, Dennis...have you pissed yourself yet?"
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

"God! What is your problem!" Dennis finally snapped at her, his usual threshold for bullshit being virtually nonexistant given that he was in such a serious situation. He wondered what he'd done wrong to run into the unbearable Lucy Arber of all people, and why she felt the need to follow him if she hated him so much. Before he even knew what he was doing he'd thrown his pack savagely against the adjacent wall with a loud clatter, and turned stiffly to face her with a scowl on his face.

"How long have we known eachother, six years? For six freaking years you've been a complete asshole to me for no reason. You know what harassing someone for fun makes you? A stupid bitch with no life. I don't know why you're following me either; you had your chance to put everything behind us and you blew it." Finally he snatched the daypack back up and made to leave once more, turning back at her to add in a sombre tone, "I don't care if I ever see you again."
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

Oh, no. She wasn't letting Dennis go anywhere. A cursory glance at the mud and grass revealed a fist-sized rock a few inches from Lucy's foot. Quickly snatching it up, she hurled it in Dennis' general direction.

"PUSSY!" she roared.

Really, she just didn't want to be alone.

Return to “The Showers”