In Your Honour

[Private thread - for now]

Overrun with tall grass and moss creeping up the unreadable tombstones, the graveyard is an eerie place no matter what time of day or night. The grass is dry and dead, and the whole area reeks with the stench of ancient corpses. Death looms over this place, and it seems he's searching for another victim to add to his roster.
Cactus

In Your Honour

Post by Cactus »

((Continued from the Marsh))

Oh, mother fucker, this hurts...

It was still raining.

It'd been raining for days - when it'd started, Adam had all but lost track. It had become the norm; the expected, and didn't seem like it was going to stop anytime soon. Much like the pain that was shooting up his leg, he knew that it was now a constant, something that was to be gotten used to, instead of dealt with quickly and efficiently. The pain was nowhere near as bad as it had been when he'd been shot initially. Bill had done a bang-up job with the leg, and the first shot of morphine (which had likely been far too much to begin with) was now starting to wear off.

He'd been gritting his teeth through the pain for the last little while, and between supporting Izzy and scouting ahead (two positions that Bill and he had been alternating between), Adam was beginning to feel the fatigue. It was dark, as well, and he continued to stumble over rocks and branches that were in the way of the path, causing himself even more minor discomfort and pain as he tried to keep up with the others.

Keeping up with the others - that one was new. It'd been a long time since Adam hadn't been in a position where people were listening to him for advice; turning to him for the solutions to their various problems. Even post-SOTF, he'd still been a voice that people listened to, and hadn't had to deal with a whole lot of resistance to his supposed authority upon certain things. He hadn't felt like a follower since the early days of the first go-round, and he supposed that if he had, there was a good possibility that someone else might be standing in his position at that very moment.

Bill was back supporting Izzy, and it was Adam's turn to scout ahead. Izzy's wound was such that she had a great deal of difficulty with walking, and while it was getting a bit easier for her to put weight on her hip than it had been before, she still needed support for making her way through the treacherous paths. While the larger boy was sweating and heaving profusely, his face red and his shirt stained with sweat, he was proving to be a most valuable ally thusfar.

I just hope the poor bastard doesn't die of a heart attack before we manage to get a second to sit down. Probably should look at that wound he picked up on his chest, too. Fuck, so much to do, so little time to do it in. Story of my fuckin' life.

As he entered the graveyard, a chill passed over his body. The air stank like death itself, and this was obviously a morbid place to which the grim reape lurked around virtually every corner. The rain wasn't making it any easier to see, but as it had died down, Adam could make out a few barely-visible shapes that were undoubtedly bodies, littered around the gravestones. Glancing around for a moment, Adam saw what looked to be a large mausoleum-type structure, which was still standing and had one of its doors open. Gesturing to his friends behind him, Adam began to head towards the structure. Any shelter from the rain was a welcome ally; he just hoped that it didn't contain any shotgun-wielding maniacs.

I've had more than enough of those for one lifetime, thanks...

As he neared the building, he was aware of a strange noise that seemed to be coming from the structure in front of him. It sounded almost like a bird, but like none Adam had ever heard before. It was also a little unusual that a bird would be calling out this late, from inside of a crypt. Unless it had become trapped inside, Adam couldn't help but feel a bit of uneasiness creep over him. Slowly but surely, he limped towards the structure, M1 held carefully in front of him. As he neared the crypt, the noise got louder, and changed a little bit. Now, instead of a bird call, it sounded much more like somone whistling some sort of song. Tightening his grip on the M1, Adam rounded the corner towards the doors, and was about to step in when he was surprised at the emergence of another student from the crypt. Cursing in surprise, Adam stumbled back, fighting to keep his balance and his hold on the M1. Seeing the outline of what looked to be some sort of rifle (Adam couldn`t tell in the dark), he cursed himself for making such a foolish mistake.

Of course, as the figure in the dark noticed him, and raised its own weapon in a defensive posture, the supposed shots never seemed to come. The whistling stopped, and the figure stepped into the light, looking down at Adam, who'd managed to stumble over his own feet and fall into a sitting position on the ground.

"Heey, it's the diggity-Dodd!"

The friendly voice caused Adam's shoulders to sink in relief. He wasn't getting shot by this shadowy figure, and as it extended its hand to him, he gladly took it. Out of the very miniscule amount of people that he'd actually interacted with at Southridge, Boy #122, Ryan Atwell, was one of the nicer ones. In fact, Ryan was fairly well known around Southridge High for being a really good-natured, easygoing guy, and when Adam had been assigned to do a presentation with him in an English class, even he couldn't help but like the guy. As Ryan helped Adam to his feet, Adam sighed a little and glanced at Ryan's weapon - a mean looking assault rifle. Raising an eyebrow, Adam couldn't help but comment.

"Ryan...shit, man. It's good to hear a friendly voice. How the hell are you? Nice...gun."

Ryan chuckled slightly, and shook his head.

"Best one in the whole game, according to the instruction book! For all the good it'll do me...I'm all right, but I'd say doing a lot better than you."

"Understatement of the fuckin' century, man. Understatement of the fucking CENTURY." Adam shook his head as he said this. Ryan grimaced, and brushed water out of his short brown hair.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but from the bodies I've seen around, it's not the greatest of ideas. One question, though. Have you seen Dean Portman around anywhere?"

Adam paused for a moment, and narrowed his eyes. Portman? The hockey player? What did Ryan want with him? Cautiously, he shook his head.

"Nah, man. I haven't seen him...why d'you ask?"

Ryan shrugged. "Him and I ran into each other early on and kept each other company. Got shot at a few times a couple of hours ago and I haven't seen him since. I didn't see any body though, so..."

Adam shook his head again. "Sorry, man. I got nothing. I'm with Izzy Cheung and Bill Ritch, though. You're welcome to stay with us if you want...we were going to rest up a bit, and then keep on going. I'm going to figure out a way to get us the hell out of this place."

Ryan's eyes gleamed a bit, and he smirked.

"I'd be all in for something like that, but I did promise Dean that I wouldn't fuck him over, you know? If he's still alive, I wouldn't mind finding him, because I know he was wanting to get out as much as everyone else. In fact, I've been resting up in there, myself...you're more than welcome to it, because I think I'm going to keep looking."

Adam nodded to the other boy. "You sure? You're welcome to stay with us, man."

"I'm sure. Thanks, though. If I find Dean, one way or another - if you're looking to get out of here, I'd much rather go with you than Neil Sinclair, who just seems to be vandalizing stuff. Oh - and if you do see Dean, let him know I'm looking for him, would you?"

Nodding, Adam said nothing.

"Also! Say hey to Izzy for me, too. It's nice to hear that all of my friends aren't dead yet. So many of them, already gone...anyhow, I will hopefully see you later!"

Ryan smiled at Adam - a sad smile, and then quickly took off running towards the jungle, obviously hoping to keep as dry as possible - although it was basically impossible. Watching as he disappeared into the foliage, Adam silently wished the boy good luck. He was most certainly going to need it.

Glancing back, he looked for Bill and Izzy. They'd be coming up shortly, and thankfully, it looked like they had a place to stay dry - for now.

As long as I'm alive, I couldn't care less if I were wet, dry, or what...
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

This was pathetic.

Better correct yourself there Zhilan.

Right, right... sorry there, but it was true. It wasn't so much the situation anymore, but herself now more than anything. Currently—and somewhat surprisingly—managing to walk without assistance, though that was mostly because they had finally seemed too gotten out of the denser part of the jungle and onto less over-grown paths. But still, without a lot of thought she remained close to Bill just in case the pain overcame her and became too much again, then again the pain had never really gone away to start with. The shot of morphine that Bill had given her had seemed to do more damage than help, and had spent almost their entire trip through the jungle sick to her stomach and on the verge of emptying the contents of her stomach all over the jungle ground. Thankfully it seemed to slowly be wearing off but was still left with the scatter shots of pain blossoming through her nerves from the damage infected to her hip.

The added weight and movement of walking didn't seem to be doing a lot of help either even with the assistance from the two. But she couldn't let that show, it seemed since she had been shot way back at the lookout tower she had been leaning on other people for emotional and physical assistance... and though she was telling herself in a situation like this, after all that happened, that she had to watch and listen—all of it was so much that she was surprised that she had lost her damn mind because of it all. But at the same time that mind frame made her want to punch someone in the face, wanted to scream, to do something besides stand around and be shooting target for someone and a general bother for those helping her. Sighing lightly as she brushed a hand through her drenched locks of hair and keeping at least a steady pace, though struggled pace slightly behind Bill and both of them slightly further behind Adam.

Glancing up through the rain which had thankfully throughout the early morning had slowly decreased from a downpour to a hazy drizzle of sorts, no less annoying but after what... three days? Of this, she was to a point that she couldn't care too much about the rain anymore. Least in some attempt to be hopeful about the situation it had been helpful in getting the blood and mud off her, couldn't say the same thing about her clothes. Placing her hand near her wounded hip she quickly caught herself from putting any pressure against it, glancing over toward Bill with a purse of her lips—poor guy, he looked like he was going to fall over at any moment and this crazy humidity probably wasn't helping to much, not to mention as much attention as Bill gave to Adam and herself and their wounds he didn't seem to have too much of a chance to take a moment for himself.

Sifting a little to speed her walking pace up again, allowing a small smile to grace her face through the rain as she brushed more of her drenched hair that was sticking to her face away. "So, um Bill... you holding up okay? You really helped Adam and me back there... though really didn't get much of a chance to fix your own wound before took off, huh?" She questioned lightly, tilting her head somewhat as she glanced toward where Adam was still walking ahead of them in the misty rain as they continued their walk toward... wherever they were going, hopefully somewhere we they'd be able to at least rest for a minute without being threatened or actually being shot at.

Glancing forward again she noted that it was a little harder to spot Adam amongst the rain and mist than it had been a moment before, tilting her head at this but deciding that was probably the point of scouting ahead. Breathing out somewhat, she allowed her mind to drift as she waited to see if Bill wound reply or not... wondering back to other things. Mostly people, wondering about what happened to Keith after they were separated back in the jungle, back when Trey had died—a fact that left her with a horrible feeling of in her heart, she hadn't heard his name on the announcements so that...

No sooner had this thought crossed her mind did something crackle through the air, Izzy pausing in her steps to tilt her head toward the sky as if she was awaiting to hear from one of the ever-absent divine beings, almost wanting to yell at the voice now echoing from the intercom system. Breathing out a soft sound as before mentioned Keith's name came up on the announcements as having killed someone... but it was probably like before? Keith had been protective when he had been with Trey and herself, so that had to be it? Shaking her head somewhat, she made herself focus on the rest of the announcement for the simple fact she needed to know who to watch out for, and if they were heading in the direction of a soon-to-be danger zone. It was odd though, she noted, when Danya mentioned the last five names it just seemed rather odd because Danya seemed to take some pride in talking bad against the dead, and outing their killers.

As the announcement ended, Izzy glanced slightly toward Bill before pushing herself to continue along where Adam has vanished off to in the time she had been listening to the announcement. Swallowing somewhat as she entered the graveyard, able to briefly hear that sounded like talking, a bit curious as she rounded around the mausoleum-of-sorts and glanced toward Adam... and just Adam.

Tilting her head somewhat and moving around fully with a bit of a sigh, wondering of a small moment if he had simply been talking to himself or something but shook her head of this notion and smiled somewhat toward the boy. "Hey there..." She mused lightly, smiling slightly before continuing. "Were you talking to someone?" She questioned lightly, looking toward the mausoleum again... though she wasn't interested in barging in on anyone's resting place... well a place to rest and get a little dry was nice, though at this point she was just glad to still be alive.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

((Continued from that marshy place))

Blood, sweat, and rain soaked Bill's shirt as he trudged through the jungle. In all his life he hadn't been this uncomfortable. He was in pain, constantly itchy, his glasses were fogged up and everything was damp, and nasty. It was disgusting. Despite the heat, Bill still seemed kind of... cold. Shivering, at least. He didn't even really bother to look at his own wound in his zeal to help Adam and Izzy. Izzy turned back, and asked how he was doing. Short of breath, Bill could barely reply with "I'm fine" as he slowed down to check it.

It was worse than he'd thought. The bullet had gone straight through his upper left side, though it only went through the skin, nothing else. Still, it bled. That was cause enough for concern. Wincing as he did so, Bill lowered his shirt and kept moving, swatting at some flies that buzzed around his head.

The ground squelched underneath Bill's feet as he headed towards a clearing, what he could see to be a graveyard of sorts. His mind set on getting back to Izzy and Adam, he didn't much contemplate who had been killed on the announcement. They were just names to him. Yeah, he knew a few of them, but that was all. Lucky me, he thought. At least he didn't have any friends to lose.

No, no, that wasn't right. Christian, he'd lost him. His only friend, dead. Adam, Izzy... Bill would call them friends. Just because a lot of people were mean to him, it didn't mean he had to be apathetic to their deaths.

Still, at this point in time it wasn't a good idea to dwell. Bill desperately needed shelter and he wasn't going to lose Adam or Izzy, not when they all needed each other the most.

The graveyard was an eerie, tainted place. Somewhere Bill wouldn't consider stepping into even if it wasn't soaking wet and filled with fresh corpses. They disturbed him, and he only would ever go into them on his father's birthday, to go with his mother to visit his Dad's grave. The image of his mother going to visit both of their graves, beside each other, was enough to enrage Bill. The pain, the discomfort, the sadness, all came down on top of him.

"FUCK THIS PLACE!! FUCK THE WORLD, FUCK EVERYBODY, YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!! GODDAMNIT, WHY?!"

In a fit of rage, he kicked over one of the grave stones, then another. Looking down Bill realized a drop of blood had made a long trail on his arm, and he walked, coldly, towards the small building Adam and Izzy had taken shelter in. He shot them both a pained, sad look, and slumped against one of the walls. Bill coughed a few times, and cleared his throat.

"Well, what now?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

(Dorian Ibanescu continued from Sound and Fury - and yes, I have permission to be here.)

How he hadn't found Marnie yet was beyond him, but Dorian could swear he'd now scoured every inch of that God-forsaken jungle in his attempts. It had been almost a week since the class had been dumped here, and for all he knew she could be lying face down in one of those puddles he'd seen along his trek through the jungle. The constant downpour of the rain did nothing for his usually upbeat and optimistic personality, and neither did the next sight that fell into his line of vision.

Somehow he'd wandered around the jungle and ended up at the back end of the chapel. As he made his way out into the clearing and looked around, he realized that he'd just ended up in a graveyard. He recalled seeing it on the map a few days ago and marking it in his mind as one of the last places he'd ever resort to visiting, but as fortune now had it he was here.

Tightening his grip on the bread knife, Dorian made his way towards the cobblestones slowly before a loud voice broke the eerie silence.

"FUCK THIS PLACE!! FUCK THE WORLD, FUCK EVERYBODY, YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL!! GODDAMNIT, WHY?!"

Dorian felt like he'd just jumped out of his skin as the piercing alto scream of a familiar voice broke the air, and squinting his eyes he thought he could see its owner kicking over one of the gravestones. Making his way closer through the rain, he eventually matched the voice to a face and came up with Bill Ritch, a guy he'd shared a few of his AP classes with. On a good day Bill was a decent enough guy, but if Dorian had seen anything it was that this game could change people.

As Bill turned and headed off in another direction, Dorian took the opportunity to shadow him slowly. He weaved his way in and out around the cobblestones, finally turning to catch where Bill had ended up. He was standing beside two crouched figures right inside the entrance to the Mausoleum, and Dorian was surprised to recognize the two as Izzy Cheung and the (in)famous Adam Dodd. The three together made quite the odd group - Billy was quite the nerd (which Dorian had no problem with), Adam seemed quiet and introverted, and Izzy, Dorian considered, was like a female version of himself (being quite popular for the right reasons) - but something else caught his attention even more than the odd pairing. All of three of them were covered in blood.

Cautiously, Dorian backed away a few steps, until the sight of blood running down Bill's arm made him realize that it was their own blood, and not somebody elses. The announcements he'd heard earlier that morning were enough confirmation of that, and deciding that they were a safe enough bet, he made his way towards them. Concern bordered his facial features as she took a few steps forward, stopping a few feet away from them.

"God, are you guys okay...?" he started, sure it was a weird enough introduction and hoping he didn't startle them. Izzy and Bill he was sure would recognize and hopefully trust him, and Adam and himself were no better than acquaintances on a good day, but Dorian wasn't really concerned for his own safety at the moment. It never crossed his mind that his compassion might very well end up being his downfall.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

[ Ignoring post order like a red-haired stepchild, no offense of course Adam. Image ]

Izzy continued to glance lightly over their apparent resting place for the time being in all it's a bit creepy, somewhat damp and probably chilly glory. Not to completely sure how she felt about hanging out in someone's final resting place but at this point she knew that they didn't have a lot of choices left, as long as it kept them dry and hopefully no one wanted to come and try and fill them full hot lead again.

A flash of pain from the wound sported along her hip reminding her nicely of her own run-ins throughout the game, sighing a little and glancing back to her two traveling companions—to put it oddly anyway—and tried to read just what might be going on in their heads right now. Were they thinking about what they could do after this, their wounds, or was there something else... something a little grim eating away at their thoughts like her own?

She certainly didn't want to think of herself as losing hope in this situation... but it was becoming harder and harder to find any light in this mostly dark fog that had taken away their vision, this game known as Survival of the Fittest. Glancing back to Adam and Bill she wondered what they would think, probably wouldn't be too pleased... hell, she wasn't too pleased with herself right now. Pressing her hand near the wound on her hip and feeling another jolt of pain race through her nerves and leaving her wanting to drop to the ground and stay there until all the pain went away, though those options too seemed limited at best... rubbing her arm somewhat she glanced to the mausoleum with a small look.

But her glance over was quickly destroyed when Bill suddenly decided that screaming would be a good idea, glancing toward the larger boy with a sudden look unsure if she should do—because on one hand she understood what had probably caused it, and probably agreed with it... on the other hand she wanted to be pissed because he was yelling and yelling aloud tended to attract unwanted attention that none of them really needed right now.

Making a small sound she glanced away, glancing off into the surrounding graveyard and rather hoping that no players were lurking about this place. But not hearing or seeing anyone, so figuring they'd probably be okay for the time being... then again being unheard and unseen was probably something good on their part. Wanting to perhaps speak some concern now that Bill had probably alerted everyone within a three mile radius, but she didn't have too much of a chance before she caught something coming toward them out the corner of her eye. Tensing up and wanting move away or run or something but she paused her thoughts... and odd set fear once she noticed just who it was and blinking somewhat at the sight, after all—with how much had happened it was nice to see someone rather familiar.

Dorian always seemed to be the talk of some of the girls (and some of the guys) in some of her classes, and they were familiar in a way—both kids of foreign parents, other little things, more or less Izzy felt like she could trust the boy. And after all that had happened that was saying a lot, smiling somewhat as she brushed stray strands of wet hair from her face and moving forward somewhat from where she had been standing near the entrance to the mausoleum. "Hey there Dorian, and as for your question..." She began slowly, though suddenly found herself doubling over with something similar to a curse leaving her lips as she slowly forced herself upright again. Fingers holding a careful spot along her hip,

"As to answer your question, well I defiantly could be better."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Dennis was pissed.

And that was putting it in the most gentle of terms.

Still unable to get himself to calm down after his explosion of anger back in the barracks against Neil and his stupid cause that was just going to end up taking more innocent lives. Hell, at this rate Neil could damn well win the game all by his fucking self by continuing to smash the cameras around the island. Letting out an annoyed sound he pressed a hand against his forehead, this in the end was causing him nothing more than a huge headache as his other hand almost painfully clutched at his assigned weapon as some meager way of keeping him level-headed even though his emotions were surging. He had been wondering... wondering without any real clue as to where he was going, even less where he wanted to go—well besides the danger zones, that was pretty fucking clear unless he wanted to end up like others that had stupidly wondered into those forbidden areas.

Still though, that didn't help him with his current situation of not being quite too sure where he was heading. Glancing around the jungle area that seemed in a large number on this island, before focusing forward again as slightly ahead of him on the path he was currently on seemed open up into an area that wouldn't hopefully end with his neck being torn open by an explosion or just lead into more jungle. Though as Dennis picked up the pace of his walking to reach the area, he had to admit some surprise as to just where he had ended up... having to admit the presence of a faint shudder moving down his spine. Eyeing what seemed to be a church he switched his attention to what was in front of him and that was what seemed to be a graveyard, like something you saw in one of his video games.

Overrun and long forgotten, and faintly he thought he heard something-someone... screaming? Dennis swallowed a lump in his throat and pondered turning and running back the way he had come and finding somewhere else to go.

Clutching the shotgun tighter he shook his head, no way in hell... he was the one carrying the shotgun after all...

Though the question still lingered if he'd even be able to use this thing when the time came, trying to forget it though as he pushed forward through the tall and rather dead grass that had overrun the graveyard it seemed. Listening quietly everything seemed to be deadly (no pun intended... really) quiet in here, glancing about every few seconds as he found himself on edge that anyone could be hiding behind one of these tombstones. The fact it was getting dark didn't make it any better at all, rubbing at his head again as he carefully crept along but wondered just how much use that would be if there really was someone hanging around and just waiting to jump some unsuspecting loser like himself? Dennis shook his head though, knowing that he couldn't stand here and beat himself up right now... he needed to find someone—anyone that was good, he had thrown away an easy chance when he had left the comforts of Neil's group.

Still though, there was no way in hell he was going to be in the company of someone reasonable for taking someone's life... indirect or not, he was no better than those bastard players that were more than happy to take someone's life to raise their kill count just thinking about—

Well...

Speak of the devil, quite literally it seemed.

Because no sooner had Dennis emerged from behind a group of large tombstones did he find himself looking at the number one of them all, after all it wasn't like Adam Dodd's kills from the first version and this game were a secret or something. He had said at the start of all this that he wasn't going to be like any of those killers... not like the person standing less than fifteen feet away. But he had to ask himself...

Did the damned count?

Raising the sawed-off shotgun he pointed it at the group and quickly putting his focus on his target. "Heartless bastard, JUST DIE!" He yelled, pulling the trigger and unable to help lurching back at the recoil.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Shotgun blasts.

There wasn't a sound in the world that was more distinctive, and thanks to the countless hours that he'd spent playing games like Doom, and AVP 2, Adam was very well-versed in what they sounded like. Of course, fighting for your own life and killing over a dozen people - many of whom had been shot at with a shotgun probably helped a little bit, too.

Immediately at the sound of the scream - words that he could make out as 'heartless bastard', Adam knew immediately who they were intended for, and dove to his left as quickly as he could. Hitting the dirt, Adam grimaced as his M1 landed underneath him, and felt the bark fragments from the tree he'd been next to splinter all over him. If there was one thing a shotgun did a hell of a good job of, it was putting a lot of little holes in things.

Without much thought attached to it, Adam rolled over and pulled the pistol out of his pants pocket, ignoring the machine gun for now. Aiming the pistol at the boy as he was on his side, Adam focused on nothing but pulling the trigger as he let go four shots in his direction, hoping that his rudimentary sense of aim would have come back to him enough to drop the fucker in his tracks.

Otherwise, I'm probably dead...even though I've thought that at least fifty times in the last three years...
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

"OHSHI-"

Bill instinctively dove for cover and was once again pulling out the box-cutter - it couldn't possibly help, but it reassured him. He looked out towards the direction of the shots and saw Adam on the ground, returning fire. Bill struggled to get off the ground and ran in the opposite direction, hoping to maybe get behind the guy with the shot-cannon.

Where's a damn HEV Suit when I need one?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Crash†

Post by Crash† »

Dorian took a moment to examine Izzy when she told him how she was honestly feeling. She certainly looked worse for wear, as she was bleeding from multiple spots on her body and seemed to be limping. Somewhere in the back of his mind he thought he remembered hearing Izzy's name on the announcements, but that was probably just a trick of the imagination. Izzy was a great person, of that he was sure, and regardless of whether or not she'd been forced into some terrible circumstances (as he had himself), she was still Izzy; and she was injured.

"Looks like the rain wore some of the bandages down. Maybe you should let me take a look at them," he suggested modestly, hoping that the still silent Adam and Bill approved of his presence. He couldn't think of any reason he'd ever given them not to, though.

Rather suddenly, Dorian was interrupted by the sound of footsteps crunching against the wet ground behind him. Turning slowly to make sure he didn't hit Izzy in the wrong way, he slowly recognized the figure of Dennis McDonald coming into view. Normally Dorian would've loved to be reunited with him, but ever since his sudden outburst of impatience and anger towards Neil at the Barracks he'd made a mental note that Dennis probably wasn't the same.

Sure enough, he looked that way. The detached gaze of his piercing blue eyes ripped through Dorian like a pair of icicles, and in almost that instant he knew that they were in trouble. Dennis had a shotgun after all, and the fact that Dane wasn't with him only served to set Dorian even more on edge. Cautiously he put his arm back behind Izzy's shoulder, ready to spring into action should the need arise.

As if on cue, Dennis raised the shotgun in the group's direction, and before Dorian could catch a hint of what he was saying he was already moving.

"CRAP, get down!" he shouted, grabbing a firm hold of Izzy and pulling her down towards the ground. Instinctively he laid half his upper body on top of her to shield her from the mess of bullets that went whizzing over both their heads, taking a second to glance back up towards Dennis.

No sooner had he looked up did Adam's gun explode in sound from behind him, sending four bullets right at Dennis. Dorian laid on the ground in stunned silence, still shielding Izzy, unable to speak or move out of both fright and anticipation.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Crash. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Dennis expected to be fired back on, after all who fires on a group of unsuspecting fellow students and expects not to? Well maybe the one that actually hit their target wouldn't be as worried, but Dennis figured that one Adam Dodd wasn't an everyday target that someone just tried to go against. Watching the group of four scramble to protect themselves he had to admit some satisfaction in, as three of the four preferably fell to ground meant that they were easier targets... though his main focus was still on the former winner of the first version those very few years ago.

Even now, it wasn't so much taking the other male out for the simple fact he had savagely tore through his classmates before and was already reasonable for the deaths of two in their own class—meaning that, hell it was only a matter of time before he went and tried to break his old record right? He was doing something good, unlike that damn Neil; he could take out the island's killers before they had the chance to take what was left of the people that actually wanted the chance to find a way off this island that wasn't through bloodshed and murdering their friends and classmates.

He turned his focus back on the group though and dug around in his pocket for a spare shell to load into the shotgun while he had the chance to with the group unfocused and open to finish off, they way Adam landed there would be no way he could properly aim that large weapon he had been so nicely awarded a few days ago, and even then Dennis could easily take cover in the surrounding area without to much trouble. Almost smirking at this point as he loaded the weapon and lifted it to aim toward the group once more and this time hopefully dispatch of the person he had been trying to kill in the first place, though instead of being meant with someone open to kill and end his terrible life he was instead met with someone holding a handgun.

Dennis found himself even unable to register the sound of the gun being fired, the sound of the bullets cutting through the air... hell, even the pain of two bullets lodging into his chest and arm as a third flew by and grazed his throat went largely unnoticed because within the same moment the fourth bullet lodged itself into his forehead right above his right eye. A sort of choking sound escaping him as the force of the bullet exiting his head was followed shortly by spray of bone, blood and brain matter as the body seemed to sway for a moment before finally crumbling to the ground.

Boy Number 072 – Dennis McDonald – Eliminated
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Given what had happened in the days since she had woken up and found her life suddenly thrown upside down when she realized just where she was and what this island was going to become for some people Izzy had to admit some surprise in actually running into someone that wasn't interested in riddling their bodies full of bullets or throwing fucking grenades at them. Day after day of having to hear more and more names be added to the list of deceased classmates, names that had faces—names that, like her, had families on the other side of the camera perhaps watching right now as this senseless bouts of violence continued. So to have someone approach them, and someone she knew that she'd be able to trust—it was almost surreal, her body still on edge as if she was preparing herself for the off-chance that Dorian would attack them.

Which when Izzy gave it some thought made her feel almost a little sick—though that could possibly be from what of the morphine hadn't worn off, or possibly the earlier blood loss, whatever strikes your fancy—because this was someone she knew she could trust, someone she knew wouldn't turn around and do something like that. Glancing back toward Adam and Bill briefly and wondering what they thought, hell if they even wanted Dorian around as they were both being rather quiet since they had arrived in this place. Izzy didn't allowed herself to think on it for too long as she heard Dorian start speaking and turning to look back toward him and his statement concerning the rain and her bandages. Frowning for a brief moment before glancing to the areas of blood-soaked clothing still drenched from wondering throughout this continuing rain storm, allowing herself a moment to smile before nodding her head.

"That sounds like it'd be pretty great, every time before when we tried to rest we'd end up being shot at or something." She mumbled in a less-than-pleased tone, though was quickly distracted by the sound of approaching footsteps.

Finding herself glancing around quickly to just make sure that it wasn't Adam or Bill moving around and seeing when it wasn't focused her attention outward amongst the graves that surrounded the area, blinking in a small manner as someone appeared amongst them. Sifting uncomfortably at the sight of the weapon in his hands and swallowing lightly as she felt a slight amount of pressure against her shoulder but was to focused on Dennis—yeah, that was his name... they had, had a creative writing class together or something—and the gun, the fear in the pit of her stomach returning at double-time. Sure enough though in the time span of a blink the boy had already raised the weapon and aimed it toward them, Izzy opening her mouth to say... shout something before she suddenly found her view point changing and becoming quickly introduced to the ground under their feet.

Scrambling to try and make sure she was down as far as she could, feeling something over her but not caring to see what as she snapped her eyes shut in the explosion of the weapon in Dennis's hands. Unable to do anything besides briefly opening her eyes as another series of bullets were fired, this time from their side toward Dennis—unable to do anything but watch as yet another classmate died right in front of her. Squeezing her eyes shut for a moment before sifting a little where she was pressed against the ground, Izzy glancing up and was once again surprised to notice that the pressure had been from Dorian being laid out partly atop her. Sighing somewhat as she sifted to at least get them both sitting up as the danger seemed to be gone for the moment, "Ah... thanks a lot. If you hadn't of acted as quickly as you did I probably would have... well it wouldn't have been pretty." She said lightly, trying to smile but it just wasn't there... instead replaced by her shaking lightly in the aftermath of the situation.

"Bill? Adam? You're both alright aren't you?"
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Bill was still recovering from dodging out of the way, and as such didn't hear Izzy.

((Bill will just follow along for now, i've been excruciatingly busy but I just wanted to get this topic active again))
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Glancing between the three boys in the area as her question went largely unanswered she allowed herself a moment to breath in the aftermath of everything that had happened, tilting her gaze to the sky briefly as the first signs of yet another new day seemed to be appearing. Meaning that sooner or later another announcement should be gracing them sooner or later, tilting her head somewhat as she remained seated for a moment, carefully clutching her wounded hip. The longer the silence went on thought the more Izzy had to admit some annoyance at everything because this really wasn't the time for this sort of thing when they should be trying to think of a plan of action, escape... fuck something instead of just sitting here until someone else with a fucking shotgun or something equally dangerous came along and tried to kill them. Frankly she was sick and tired of all this attempted attacks on them, breathing out a loud breath of air as she pushed herself up onto her feet and once again glanced between the other three.

Though in the time since she had last done this not a lot seemed to have changed, slightly stumbling over toward Dennis's corpse and glancing over it somewhat. Her stomach giving a small lurch at the sight, because really even though it had been--just how long had it been since this all began?--days upon days the sight of death was still nothing she wanted to get used to. Shaking her head though she crouched down and grabbed the rather small looking shotgun from where it lay near his body, reaching over toward his pack and pulling it closer to remove what spare ammo she could locate as well as any spare water and food he might have, sifting these things about in her arms in order to grab onto the first aid kit as well.

Moving back to her own pack she dumped the stuff inside, and moved to fix it on her shoulder before looking toward the others with a tilt of her head. "I don't know about the rest of you but I think we've spent far to much time in this damn--"

Though before Izzy had a chance to finish her sentence the oddest sound flooded her ears.

Beeping.

And lots of it.

A wide-eyed glance down confirmed it was coming from the collar about her throat, further more it seemed it wasn't only hers but the other's as well seemed to be flashing and beeping in a slowly growing pace. But what the hell? They weren't in a danger zone... there hadn't been an announcement saying that... what if they were the newest examples for that SADD group that because of their large amount of camera breaking earlier had caused Danya to randomly set of the collars of several students. But that couldn't be it...

Only one way to find out, because it was really past the time of thinking now. "Shit, come on!" She called, turning and starting to run as fast as her body would allow her too, hoping--hell praying to whatever god would listen that this harsh sound wouldn't be the last thing she heard.

[[ Izzy continued in No Longer at Ease ]]
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Adam followed along, getting the fuck out of the danger zone and attempting to avoid the oncoming train of death.

[[continued elsewhere]]
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Crash†

Post by Crash† »

Keeping himself low for what seemed like forever after the barrage of gunshots, Dorian closed his eyes as he saw the faint outline of Dennis' body crumple against the soft earth. Part of him still hoped that the person they'd just killed wasn't actually Dennis, just some psychotic terrorist who'd decided to wreak havoc, but his more reasonable half knew that the game had broken him. Something inside Dennis had snapped back at the barracks, and that's why he was dead. The game was too much.

Opening his eyes and staring towards the ground, all Dorian could feel was the throbbing of his heart pumping increasingly faster. He could hear Izzy breathing heavily every so often, and after a few seconds he realized he was still on top of her and shielding her. As he removed himself from her somewhat awkwardly (though he found himself incapable of being nervous or blushing at this point, like he normally would have) he realized that she was all right, and expressed as much by thanking him.

"Don't worry about it..." he exhaled harshly between staggered breaths, unable to feel any real sense of accomplishment at all. His eyes darted over towards Dennis' corpse, giving it only a cursory glance before he drew his attention back to his own day pack, unable to bear the sight of it for very long. He was glad Izzy was okay of course, but at what cost?

He took a moment to look at Adam, who still seemed focused with the pistol in his hand as he gathered himself after essentially saving their lives. Part of him wondered how he could be so calculating and efficient without a second thought as to whose life he was taking away, but Dorian already knew the answer to that question. Adam wasn't inhuman, he was doing what had to be done...what he'd already done once before. Part of him was envious, wondering if he'd ever be capable of doing the same thing to protect the ones he cared about, and silently hoping that if a gun fell into his hands he'd be half as good a shot.

As Izzy started to announce her intent to get away from the Graveyard, Dorian found himself mimicking her and gathering up his pack, before stopping as she went silent. He wondered for a moment why she'd suddenly stopped talking, and as he looked up into her face he noticed that she seemed completely stunned. A second later it hit him as his collar started to echo hers. There hadn't been any announcement that he'd heard, unless they'd missed it sometime during Dennis' attack, but he didn't stick around to contemplate the 'why's. Slinging his pack over his shoulder and gripping the bread knife tightly in his right head, Dorian took off behind Izzy, unsure of exactly where Adam or Bill were but hoping they were right behind him.

(Dorian Ibanescu continued in No Longer at Ease)

Return to “The Graveyard”