Long Road to Ruin

It used to be the island's housing district... at least, it used to be. It wasn't much to begin with, maybe ten or twelve houses lined up in a row where the soldiers' families lived. When a large storm hit the island years ago, all the houses were practically destroyed and the water stagnated on the flat ground, giving way to the festering marsh that sits here now.
Cactus

Long Road to Ruin

Post by Cactus »

((Continued from Stalwart - and I'm playing Bill because Oliver's away and he's my damn brother, so I own him))

It was still raining.

The long trek from the shower area through the jungle had been about as unpleasant a walk as Adam could remember in his recent memory. Sure, there'd been worse - like the walk he'd taken after he'd found Amanda and Madelaine, but this one ranked right up there. When he'd found his friends dead and raped, it had hurt, sort of like he'd taken a shotgun blast in the chest - from the inside. He'd staggered around for days, just acting on instincts, not sure what he was doing or who he was looking for. Things were numb to him, and he'd wallowed in his misery for days.

This time, he felt particularily more cheery than he had before. Which wasn't to say that Adam was in a good mood - in fact, it was quite the opposite. The continuously falling rain had caused him to feel quite dour, and aside from being soaked to the bone, fatigue was beginning to become a bit of a factor. The trees of the thick jungle absorbed a lot of the rain, but certainly not enough of the torrential downpour to make any bit of a difference.

If I didn't know any better, I'd almost think Danya's controlling the weather...but he's not THAT special of a bastard...

Holding his machine gun in one hand while trying to slice through the thick jungle with the sword in the other, Adam found himself thankful for the strap that the M1 came equipped with. The sword was on his weaker left side, and while firing the M1 one-handed might do nothing else but knock him on his ass, he was confident that if need be, he'd be able to defend his group.

My group...

It was a strange little crowd; one could say. Bill, Izzy, and Adam were three people who likely wouldn't be seen together in school, and the fact that they were travelling together spoke volumes about how the game had an effect upon different people. Of course, Adam knew full well how the game forced people together - he'd been through it all before, and in the corner of his mind, he couldn't help but admit to himself that he was concerned about how it was all going to work out in the end. Would things end similar to how they had before? Everyone was dead, except him?

Hey, odds are if the group gets fucked over and dies, I'm probably not the last man standing this time. I guess that's a small consolation...

Adam stopped in his tracks, and blinked to himself through the rain.

Wait, what? No it isn't. The FUCK am I on about? This shit isn't going to happen the same way. I'm not letting everyone die again. I'm not, there's just no way around it.

The other reason for Adam's abrupt stop was yet another (it always seemed to just end) clearing in the jungle that gave way to what looked like a marshy area, complete with dead trees, swampwater, and an absolutely terrible smell that eminated from the ground. Wrinkling his nose, he grimaced and turned back to his two companions.

"Aw, that's...that's fuckin' terrible. I can't even describe how brutal that is."

From behind Adam, one of his companions spoke up. Bill Ritch had struggled through the walk in the jungle, slowing down numerous times and (from what Adam heard) wheezing as though he were ready to have a heart attack. The rain was beating everyone down, but the out-of-shape Bill seemed to be taking it a tad worse than Adam or Izzy.

Not a total surprise, that...

"Oh wow, that's really bad. That isn't-it's not, I mean to say, it's, um..."

Adam smirked at the look of horror on Bill's face, knowing full well what the boy thought the stench was. Shaking his head, he smirked back at him.

"Nah, man. I wouldn't worry, it's not the smell of death. That's good, old-fashioned swamp water, and it smells like fucking crap. Mix it with rain water, and...yeah. Notwithstanding the smell, though..."

Adam trailed off, looking around the area. It seemed vacant enough, but it wasn't protected in any way. The swamp itself was a deathtrap if one were to wander too close into it, and the heavy rain made it all the more damning if one were to discover quicksand.

"...as much as I hate to say, we may wanna stay here for a little bit, take a small rest. This rain doesn't seem like it's going to let up anytime soon, and this part of the jungle seems a little denser than the rest. Might let us dry off a bit."

Adam yawned, and sheathed the sword in makeshift holder he'd created through his pack. Gesturing to one of the larger trees, Adam saw what looked to be a few small rocks, that looked relatively dry. The tree's large branches seemed to shield the immediate area from the rain, and being as it didn't seem to be that difficult to get to, it'd serve a purpose.

"How about those over there? I'm not going to lie, I'm exhausted. Feel like I've been swimming for a week. We should rest, and Izzy...I want to take another look at your leg bandages, I'm worried that all the physical activity might've caused you to bleed some more."

Smiling at both Bill and Izzy - though reserving a much different smile for Izzy, Adam walked over to the rocks and tested them with his foot. They were stable enough, and it seemed as though that for the time being, they'd be able to relax.

For the moment, anyway. That won't last, I'd bet on it...

Bill followed Adam, tenatively wandering over to the far rock, leaving an open space beside Adam, sitting behind the red-head. As he sat down and leaned against the tree, Adam let out a sigh of relief. For the first time in hours, he wasn't being rained on - and that was something to be damn happy about.

Seems like I've had a few of those lately...let's hope that I'm not getting built up for a fall...
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Izzy carefully followed along behind Adam in their track through the damn jungle that never seemed to end, and was frankly starting to piss her off the longer she continued walking through the humidity, mud, and just the overall amount of rain that was being poured down on them. One would think with how thick the branches were here, the rain would be something of a light drizzle but it was something more like a complete downpour... at the constant beating of rain against her head was causing her already definite, also never ending, headache to just pound all the worse. She didn't even want to think about the pain in her shoulder and leg, having to just attempt to ignore all of it... not wanting to slow the group down and have to stay out in the rain any longer than they had too.

Though it seemed to be happening anyway in the way they'd have to slow down every so often to wait up for Bill who was less than suited for this kind of long walking through a hot jungle. But she was thankful for the small stops, gave her a moment to take some weight off her leg, check over it to make sure it didn't slip off in the rain and really just gave her the chance to take a moment away from the pain.

This is just getting annoying...

But soon enough they'd be moving again, watching lightly as Adam cut them a path through the dense wilderness that was growing around them. Glancing off somewhat, and almost running into the boy as he suddenly stop—Izzy blinking at this suddenly halt of movement and could only wonder what was currently going through the other's mind probably.

Though shortly after that Izzy came to notice the second reason and quickly found herself covering her nose with a small sound and shaking her head somewhat because the rain, heat and mud were already bad enough now they had this horrid smell. Glancing between Adam and Bill as they spoke about the smell that was currently wafting through the air around them, almost smiling at the exchange but more happy at Adam's words about taking a moment to rest to at least dry off some and to hopefully allow the rain to let up.

"Sounds good to me..." She said lightly, sighing somewhat at the thought of being able to rest for bit and to also get out of this rain.

She too glanced around for what would be a good area for them to rest, looking toward the area that Adam pointed out and smiled a little with a nod. Already moving to walk as Adam suggested the area, pausing though at the comment about her leg—glancing down to her said leg with a tilt of her head before glancing up toward Adam with a soft smile at Adam's own as she turned back and moved toward the rocks and sitting down against one, as she moved to sit back some and pull her legs up some against the rock.

Resting her head down against her knees, and really just allowing herself to take a moment to herself and rest in the comfort of not being rained on and not having to walk for the time being.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

Dorian Sanders, or B85 to those watching at home, was wet, cold, was wearing shoes that were falling apart at that little plastic thing near your toes that acted like a buffer or something, and cared a lot who knew it, because they were probably stalking him and trying to kill him. He'd spent the last four days largely ignoring people, hoping Danya would ignore him and give him an opportunity to escape. He jogged through the forest, gripping the shoulder strap on his day pack with his right hand, and blithely swinging his dirty butcher's knife with the left hand. Eventually, he came out to an area he didn't think he'd been to before. No. He hadn't been here before. It smelled like egg and boiled cabbage. He'd remember that smell if he'd smelled it. Which he hadn't.

Off that train of thought. Dorian took in the pungent greenness of the old housing area, giggling. This'd be the perfect spot to hide out. No-one would want to stay here for a long period of time. Unless they liked the smell of egg and boOff that train of thought, dammit!

Dorian trapsed through the ankle-high water begrudgingly, but keeping as high spirits as he could. He was trying to repress the thoughts of most likely never seeing his family again. His mother and father would be terrified and sad as hell right now, and he couldn't imagine what Stoppard, his cat, was going through.

"I'm coming home, Stoppard," Dorian said under his breath, "I'm coming ho...what was that?"

Dorian's foot had just hit something in the water. Something solid. Something squishy. Something probably human. Please let it be something not human, Dorian thought optimistically, please let it be a muskrat or a boar or a giant mosquito or a water buffalo or something...

Dorian reached into the water and grabbed the squishy thing, pulling it out.

"Anna? Oh...haha...fuck."

Dorian had known of Anna Vaan. He'd known of her through connections in the burgeoning indie filmmaking circuit in Highland Beach, and she was apparently someone of some talent. "Well, I guess that's where talent gets ya here," he said morosely to Anna's split-open head. If the marshes weren't bloody safe from killing, where was?

Oh, yeah. NOWHERE. Crappity crap crap crap. Crap crap crap. Crap.

Dorian dropped Anna back into the ankle-high water, making a small splash. "Rest in peace...or however you rest here," Dorian muttered meekly. He stepped back and looked around. And saw...

Well, they damn well better not be playing.

Three people were sitting on one side of the marsh. Dorian stepped toward them a little and tried to focus on them, but the rain made it hard. He pushed his hair out of his eyes and recognised two of them. One was Adam Dodd. Everyone knew who Adam Dodd was, and Dorian was no exception. He may not have watched any SOTF out of principle (damned if he was going to watch what the unwashed plebes watched), but he knew of the guy through the news. The two had never really talked, and Dorian wondered why this was briefly before shrugging his shoulders and muttering, "Coconuts."

The other he only knew as the crazy karate kid, Cheung, who did that random Chandagoogakin or whatever it was every morning on school grounds. The third - well, he didn't look like the type Dorian would know about, and if he did, he'd be kicking himself for days for not remembering.

Assuming I live for days. But anyway...

Dorian wasn't sure what to do. Talk to them or leave them be? Hell, joining up with them could be the difference between death now and death later. But Dorian couldn't be sure of their mental states - he knew that Dodd kid had killed before, what if he just spun around and took his head off with whatever weapon he had? Bloody mini-chainsaw, probably. Or a katana. Or nunchuks. Or a heat-seeking barracuda. That would be awesome. Even if I did die from it. Be better than my butcher's knife. Though I am liking the Jeunet/Caro look of it. Where was I?

Ah, screw it.

Dorian walked a few more steps towards them, holding up his arms and, subsequently, his butcher's knife. "HEY! MY NAME'S DORIAN AND I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU! CAN IT NOT BE DEATH TIME NOW K THANKS? I WOULD LIKE VERY MUCH TO LIVE AND I WANT TO KNOW I CAN TRUST YOU SO THAT I'M NOT PUTTING MYSELF OUT THERE RIGHT NOW TO DIE [breathes] EVEN THOUGH I REALISE THAT THAT'S PRETTY MUCH WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW AND THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLY STUPID THING TO DO IN HINDSIGHT SO PLEASE DON'T KILL ME THANKS AND I WILL HELP YOU IF I CAN."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ET.Requiem†

Post by ET.Requiem† »

With a weary sigh, Jeff Thorne leaned against one of the trees in this giant marsh, trying to stay dry in this hellish marsh that seemed to go on forever. He had spent most of the day trudging through this place, making sure he rested on solid ground when he could.

"Damn it." He'd have to start moving again pretty soon. Well, he better get some rest before he continued on his way.

Jeff had started to relax when he suddenly heard someone shout.

"-WILL HELP YOU IF I CAN."

Who the hell is that? He walked very carefully towards the voice, keeping behind the trees as he made his way to the person who said that. There were 4 people. Three of them he had seen before, although he never learned their names. The 4th was a familiar sight.

Adam Dodd.

"Huh. Well, I didn't expect to see him." he whispered to himself.

What was he going to do? Jeff didn't want to fuck around with somebody who survived one of these games already. Killing him wasn't an option, since 1: he'd probably end up being the victim and 2: he sure as hell didn't want to kill anybody at all.

"I guess I'll just watch them from a distance. No point in antagonizing them."

He sat down on a rock, keeping himself out of the water. Maybe I should read that gun manual again.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ET.Requiem. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Bill sat down upon the rock, panting. The trek across the island was a tiring one, for sure. What happened around him... it was all a tired blur. He wasn't normally away from home for this long. When he was younger Bill refused to leave home for too long. He was prone to getting homesick. Literally. His head was throbbing and his eyes felt like they were on fire.

"Aww... the last thing I need is a headache... ugh."

Wincing Bill wiped the raindrops off of his glasses, stopping midway as he realized it was a futile effort. It was annoying with the rain, barely being able to see, but he would have to make due for now. He just hoped nobody would come at him with a knife.

Suddenly, he heard shouting. Gah, shouting. It made his head feel even worse. This Dorian really didn't know how to make himself appear non-threatening as shouting incoherently with a butcher knife, well... that wasn't exactly welcoming.

Bill mockingly replied from across the marsh, holding up his boxcutter as Dorian had his butcher's knife.

"HEY BUDDY IT'S OKAY WE'RE NOT GOING TO HURT YOU JUST SETTLE DOWN AND STOP YELLING BECAUSE MY HEAD HURTS OKAY?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

At the sudden screaming, Adam tensed up and almost started shooting first, foregoing the questions part of it all completely. The sudden noise had scared the living hell out of him, and as he pointed the M1 over at the place the noise came from, his first instinct was to just simply start shooting.

That's probably not gonna make me a whole hell of a lotta new friends, though...

Knowing it was better to take a bit of a cautious approach and trust his gut (which had kept him alive this long, so it couldn't have been all bad), Adam was about to tell Bill and Izzy to keep quiet when Bill went right back and yelled at the guy himself.

Goddamnit, Bill!

Grimacing, Adam grabbed a handful of Bill's shirt, and with a great amount of force, pulled the large teenager down to the ground, putting his finger to his mouth and shaking his head. Screaming back at every single person who came along was a very good way to get oneself killed, and Adam was most certainly not ready for that. While he'd seemingly been able to lift himself out of his depression (and even so, it'd probably come back at any point - likely when it was least convienient), he couldn't seem to shake the survivalist instincts that'd been engrained within his mind. Survival at any cost was how it'd been since Amanda, Madelaine, and David had died, and that'd been how Adam'd lived his life, and how he'd won.

Bill was most definitely not making things any easier, in that respect.

After shoving the large boy down, and motioning to Izzy to stay silent, Adam stood up and wielded the large M1 machine gun at the boy across the swamp, who was screaming and carrying on loud enough to be heard over the rain.

That's great; all I need is that Harris kid to come wandering and we've got ourselves a big fucking firefight in a place probably surrounded by fucking quicksand. SPLENDID!

Hoping his weapon would intimidate the boy (yet knowing the odds of hitting him from this distance weren't good), Adam knew the only way to shut him up would be to say something himself.

"Shut the fuck up!"

Glancing around, he shook the rainwater off his head (like it really did any good at all) and cursed the downpour that limited his visibility to less-than-shitty. He could barely see the boy across the swamp, but now he knew they were there, and vice-versa.

Fantastic.

"Shut the fuck up, and listen to me! I'm not running a fucking charity here, and I've used up all of my good deads for today! I want you to turn around and get the fuck out of here, because I'm not willing to wander around with a whole fucking hockey team asking to get shot up!"

Adam paused, and couldn't help giving the boy a pointer.

"And stop yelling out to every single person who comes your way, it's a good way to get yourself shot in the face! Now get the fuck out of here!"

Turning to Bill and Izzy, who were still in their respective positions on the ground and leaning against the tree, he sighed a little.

"Hate to cut our break short guys, but we've got to get the hell out of here. That guy's probably alerted the attention of every single trigger-happy psycho in this whole damn island, and I don't want to get myself involved in a firefight when my only weapon's a machine gun I probably won't be able to fire properly. We've got to get out of here."

And fast, because who knows what our fellow students have been up to on this god-awful mess of a day? Christ, how many're left? Am I really going to have to start counting down again? Jeez...
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

((Continued from Them vs. You vs. Me))

There was one thing to be said about keeping a low-profile. Julie surprised even herself by being good at it.

These past few days following her exodus from the barracks, she was quite determined to keep to herself, whatever it took. And so far, there had been absolutely no encounters whatsoever. All the while, she kept track of the announcements.... It seemed as though the kill count that had been on the upward concave was starting to taper off. Less people were dying now, it seemed.

Which was in some ways a good thing, and a source of worry for Julie...

Well that was what she thought, until the sudden torrent of kills that had been reported in the fifth announcement.

She wanted to survive. And yet she hated the thought of students dying all around her. Should she be happy? Should she be sad? Angry? Indifferent?

Was it possible to feel all four at once? Or maybe nothing at all?

Two days spent in loneliness had taken a toll on Julie, but it was by her own choice. To be honest, all of a sudden she had become distraught over the two lives she looked that she, of all people, contemplated hiding in a corner and waiting it out, hoping to someday crawl out into the open and find out that she was the only one left alive, and that everyone else had managed to kill eachother.

But that would never be the case. As long as there were still some people on the island, chances are, Julie would end up having to take more lives in order to win the game.

Which was why she kept as best she could away from everyone else on the island. At the faintest shadow or footstep, she'd bolt off on her champion sprinter's feet. She was running away from what could have happen if she stood her ground and fought. She was saving everybody else from herself.

That was how she liked to think about it. That was why she eventually gave up looking for Adam. She knew that sooner or later, if he wasn't dead already, she'd probably have to kill him, too.

...Her runners made unpleasant noises as she trod along the wet, marshy ground. Her pointed nose wrinked slightly at the scent of moss and the stale traces of rainfall.

How many days have passed already?

This feeling of loneliness was starting to get to her.

Castaways, criminals, drifters, and that kid at school nobody talks to. Maybe the ones that ended up crazy did so because they were lonely. Would that happen to her, too?

Anyways. Why was she even here? Maybe she was looking or something...? Or.... someone? She stopped and blinked for a moment. She hadn't slept for a few days. There wasn't exactly a substitute for Adam to watch her back for her. As such, she wasn't feeling at her prime, far from it, in fact. Anyways, whatever it is that she had forgotten, it couldn't be THAT important....could it?

She didn't exactly feel like herself.

But...but if she survived, everything would be fine, right? Yeah... maybe she'd feel better after a nap.

Julie looked up, startled by the sound of voices up in the marshland area ahead... were people shouting, or something?

She tightened her hold on the submachine gun, which had never left her hand for days on end since she left the barracks. She hadn't rested, she hadn't stopped to eat, maybe drink once in a while. Sleeping? For the past few days, that had been completely out of the question. Most serious of all probably, she hadn't a single person to talk to during that time.

A cold sweat ran through her she shifted her weight fretfully. The ground underneath her feet was not quite as stable as she thought it'd be.

As if her body abandoned all reason, it started moving towards the voices with a sudden renewed fervor, a sense of frantic desperation embodied in that movement.

She appeared in the clearing, before everyone in the group that had formed there. Her hand was wrapped around the handle of her submachine gun. Her eyes stared fearfully at the vaguely familiar figures, though to be honest, the person she noticed first was Adam. In the beginning, she had fought as hard as she could to look for him after they'd gone their separate ways. Now, having emerged from what seemed like an eternity, wandering alone and aimlessly on the island, he was probably the last person she wanted to encounter right now.

Her green eyes were quite red from the lack of sleep as she looked towards Izzy...a number of other figures she didn't recognize....and then Adam...

"I..." She started. Tears were coming to her eyes. With a shaking hand, she raised the submachine gun. "I.... I can't take it anymore. I have to do this. I'm sorry."

Before she even knew what was going on, Julie had opened fire towards the fellow students before her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

Dorian's yelled attempt at allegiance hadn't gone over well with the trio sitting under the trees. The fat one had stood up and mocked him. Goddamned fat one. No wonder I don't know who he is, guy's a prick. Then Dodd had grabbed his shirt and pulled him down. That was fine. Meant that fat one's mouth was shut.

Then, Dodd stood up. And pointed a gun at Dorian.

This surprised Dorian, and he had staggered back slightly, lowering his arms. "Fuckaday," Dorian had whispered under his breath, only for Dodd to yell at him to shut the fuck up. This also surprised Dorian, though he was pretty sure Dodd hadn't heard him, and had made him angry. Dodd had yelled out something about not running a charity.

Oh, so I'm a charity case, am I? A fucking liability? Is that it, you arrogant piece of shit? Explain to me why you're carting around the fat one with the boxcutter, then. Explain to me why you're allying yourself with that dick, and then maybe I won't fucking tear you to shreds, you cock-headed prick.

Dorian had breathed deeply. This is no time to go off the fucking handle, Dorian, old buddy. Dodd's got a machine gun. You've got a butcher's knife. The equation this makes ends with you subtracted from the equation.

Huh? That makes no sense.

Fuck that.

Then Dodd yelled something about not yelling at every single person coming his way. Dude, you're Adam Dodd. You're not every single person. Why wouldn't someone want to ally themselves with you, you dumb shit? Stop being so fucking naive and thinking everyone else is thicker than two bits of fucking...reign it in, Dorian. No time for going off the handle.

Dorian had started to back away, but had stopped in his tracks as that voice came spilling through the clearing. A new day had begun apparently. Dorian didn't know, he didn't have a watch. But Danya did. And Danya wanted to tell everyone about the previous day.

Dorian paid close attention. 21 kills...what the fuck is wrong with us? He heard a few familiar names, in both the killer and killee sections. Wade Wilson had killed six people, five in one sitting. The painter? Fuck me, things have gotten bad when the Monet wannabes start carving people up.

And then...the collar explosions.

This was something Dorian hadn't expected. Hell, he hadn't even known of this "S.A.D.D.", but he knew Neil Sinclair, if not well. He'd written a story on his band for the school paper once - nothing flashy, just a solid article on a band who played music he wasn't entirely interested in. Gimme Avenue Q over punk anyday. And now Neil was going around, getting students killed because of some silly notion of fucking with Danya? That didn't seem right.

Dorian just wanted to hit something. Everything was going wrong since he'd seen Dodd. It's Dodd. It has to be. Our school was fucking cheery until he arrived. Then it was all SotF this and 'get Danya' that. And now this. Now we're on the fucking island. And it's all his fault.

I'm going to fucking kill him, God help me. But only when he doesn't have a big fuck-off machine-gun. That probably shoots heat-seeking barracudas, knowing Danya.

Dorian stared at Dodd, who was talking to his pals under the trees. He couldn't hear a word they were saying, but he bet it was something about him.

That's when the shooting started.

It came out of nowhere. Dorian wasn't even sure if it was coming from somebody. He spun around. DODD! IT'S ALL FUCKING DODD! IT'S ALL HIS FUCKING FAULT! EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL..."ARGH JESUS FUCK!"

Dorian threw himself to the ground. A bullet had whistled past his left ear. Goddamned if I'm going to be shot by magical bullets from Narnia or wherever they're bloody coming from. Dorian spit out the mouthful of disgusting marsh water he'd just swallowed and started crawling away from the shooting. He looked back briefly, and thought he saw the bullets slicing through the rain. The majority of them seemed to be directed at the Dodd camp, but he couldn't be sure. Nevertheless, he was getting the hell out of there before a bullet made his stomach its home.

Gotta get into one of those houses. Maybe they don't smell like boiled cabbage.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Pigeon Army. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ET.Requiem†

Post by ET.Requiem† »

Jeff was sitting around, looking over on how to use his gun when the shooting. He practically jumped out of his skin before he looked around for the gunman.

Crap, I've gotta get out of here! He peeked around the tree he was hiding, only to see a girl holding a submachine gun. At that very moment, a bullet whizzed past his head. Jeff didn't want to stay here any longer. He ran as fast as he could, away from the girl and her random firing.

I'm getting out of this goddamned marsh!

((Continued in At a Loss))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ET.Requiem. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

In life, there was a general rule that Adam Dodd liked to live by. Especially after going through one Survival of the Fittest, and living. It was a rule that had kept him alive though far too many gun battles to count.

If someone shoots at you; no matter who they are, you'd better fucking shoot back.

Adam was as surprised as anyone to hear the voice from behind him, so much so that he had only moved his head and not thrown his entire body to the side like he might any other time. Seeing Julie was a surprise - and a good one, at that! She looked none the worse for wear, exhausted, and probably a tad pissed off. Regardless, it was good, she was an ally...

...uhhhh, what the hell?

As Julie came out of the bushes, Adam saw far-too-late that she was holding her submachine gun up, and the recognition in her eyes seemed to say that she knew exactly who she was about to fire her gun at. His eyes widening, he tried to swing his machine gun around, but it was just far too late for that. As she let fly with a hail of bullets, Adam was agape with shock, awe, and what presumably passed for anger in him these days (he was angry so much of the time, it was hard to tell anymore).

As the bullets launched towards him, Adam had absolutely no choice but to open fire back upon Julie. Why she was doing this, he'd probably never know, especially if he managed to go and get himself killed while fighting back, but the fact remained that she was shooting at him. In the meantime, he yelled at Bill and Izzy to hit the dirt.

"GET DOWN! GET TO COV-AHHHHHHHHHH!"

As Adam aimed the machine gun and depressed the trigger, he felt the explosion of pain within his thigh, and screamed in agony. Been awhile since he'd been shot. Trying to block out the white-hot flash of pain, he continued to squeeze the trigger, trying his best to fire off short bursts as he grunted in pain. It wasn't that successful though, and as he felt another flash of pain in his left hand as one of the bullets ricocheted off the side of his gun, Adam finally opted to find a better position. Throwing himself behind one of the larger trees, Adam looked at his hand, which had a nice chunk out of the side, near his wrist. The bullet had gone in and out, leaving a blood mess in its wake, but he still had his fingers and he could sort of flex them. As he lay up against the tree, he looked to the machine gun. He still had plenty of ammunition, but it wouldn't help him any if he were dead.

Christ, I hope Izzy managed to make it to some sort of safety...if Julie killed her, I'm gonna fuckin' lose it...

Silently hoping for Izzy (and Bill, too)'s safety, Adam finally decided to try and disarm his attacker with his words - for the second time in this deadly game.

"JULIE!? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING!? I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE SAME FUCKING SIDE! Are you out of your goddamn mind?! I've been looking for you, and this ISN'T THE FUCKING WELCOME I WAS EXPECTING, YOU KNOW!"

Virtually gasping the last words, Adam grimaced and looked down at his thigh. He'd been struck with a bullet, and it didn't look like it'd gone through, which would probably present a very serious problem within the next few minutes, especially if it'd hit an artery. He was bleeding fairly regularily from both his thigh and hand, and while he knew that he'd be fine for the time being, if Julie kept shooting, he wouldn't get any more chances to try and patch up his own wounds, or his friendships, apparently.

What the fuck?! Has my luck finally run out, here? I'm not ready to die in a place that smells like the inside of a fucking garbage disposal!
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

AtomicWaffle†

Post by AtomicWaffle† »

Bill scrambled for cover. He probably shouldn't have shouted at that Dorian guy, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. There was someone shooting at them. That mattered. Bill cried out from behind cover. The gunfire was loud, incredibly loud. It wasn't something he was used to. Nobody should be USED to it! Bill looked around, trying to figure out some way to stop the firefight that was taking place right now. All he had was a boxcutter...

Wait, no - Bill couldn't... he wasn't a fighter, he wasn't violent! How could he even try to, whoever was shooting, well... they had a gun! Bill couldn't just get hit and then proclaim "Ha-HA! Your bullets failed to penetrate my layers of Belly Fat!" This was no video game. One bullet would kill.

He looked around the tree he had taken cover behind to try and see where the shooter was. At first he didn't see her, but upon looking to the right, he saw that it was a girl, and... she had her back to him.

Do it!

Well, she had a machine gun...

Take her down, you lazy fool!

Bill pulled out the boxcutter. It was a mental assurance more than anything. Hesitating at first, Bill raised the boxcutter and ran at the girl. He put all of his weight into a dive that, if he was lucky, would hit the girl dead center in the back. He closed his eyes and braced for the impact.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler AtomicWaffle.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

Now Izzy certainly didn't think that things would get easier the moment she sat down, that would have been nice of course seeing that her leg felt as though it was on fire and a couple of minutes rest would be something nice after the time they had spent walking through the mud and rain. The thought of being able to change her rainwater and blood soaked bandages was also quite nice...

Though it seemed not even a minute after she had allowed herself to get as comfortable as possible on the less-than-comfortable rock she found her ears echoing the sounds of something yelling over the roar of the rain beating down over the jungle canopy above them. And of course, a smart person would know yelling back probably wouldn't be in there best interest because whatever god was on duty today only knew what kind of person might be doing the yelling—or worse what kind of people it might bring along. She had pegged Bill as not being the brightest crayon in the box when it came to common senses... his yelling back at the aforementioned first yeller only signed the fucking deal. Glaring a slightly more than annoyed look at the boy, about to say—do, hell something to shut the damn boy up though it seemed Adam quickly beat her to the punch.

Unfortunately only... figuratively speaking it seemed.

She found herself nodding stiffly to the signal to remain silent as he seemed to move to perhaps get a better look at the person in question. Though her curious nature was quickly broken as Adam in turn began to... well yell back at the person in the marsh—breathing in lightly and wondering perhaps what this was going to do for the better. Simply blinking a little as Adam turned back to them to explain that their lovely break in the torrent of rain was cut short, not bad but not good either in her honest opinion but she allowed herself to nod and move to gather her things again. Of course just as she began to move then the bad just seemed to get worse as that loud crack of a sound came through the rain and the yelling and left them having to listen a voice they hadn't heard in a few days.

Though like the start of all the other days, she found herself having to listen to the number of kills that had happened the day before. And still, even with the two that had gone unmentioned that was still nineteen people that had been killed and six by a single person. Izzy sitting there almost unable to believe such a thing could be possible... and that one person could take so many lives in one sitting. Though at the same time how could she been surprised when—no, no all that had been completely different... it wasn't the same, it all didn't count like this one. Breathing out a shaking breath of air she glanced between the two boys just wanting to hurry and get out of here before someone less than friendly came along and turned this into a massacre like that Wade kid had done to that group of five less than twenty-four hours ago. But of course, things always turned for the worst even when you did expect it.

Though for it to come from someone who was supposed to be an ally...

To say she was happy to see Julie wouldn't quite be the truth, she knew Adam had been looking for her—she knew that Julie was supposed to be a friend and ally, someone that would help them in the long run of what was going to happen. Though the Julie that moved out from the bushes was hardly anything as she figured... this person looked tried, on edge, scared? Izzy didn't know, nor did she have time to figure out because before she could even focus on what had been uttered from the other girl's lips she suddenly found herself head-on to a hail of gunfire coming from the girl. Unsure just what it was, but something in her told her not to sit there like a damn bump on the rock and be hit and half-fell, half-threw herself off the back of the rock. Trying to see if she could see any sign of Bill, but not seeing him she quickly moved to get herself behind some cover.

She managed to get behind a tree just as something hot whizzed past her cheek, while a larger amount of pain erupted along her hip, muffling the yell-scream-whatever into her arm as she gracefully trip and fell into the mud, but at the time trying not to think about the possibly thought that she had been shot again.

Registering the sounds of someone screaming, heck some of it might have been her own as she slipped to press a muddy hand to her side... but still found that she was unable to place any difference between what was on the announcement and what was happening now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
LadyMakaze†

Post by LadyMakaze† »

It was true.

She really didn't want this to happen, she really didn't!

But she just couldn't take it anymore. There was a greater thing at stake for Julie, and that something was one she would gladly sacrifice the lives of others for the sake of.

And she swore to God, she'd sacrifice her own life, if it meant anything.

But to the end that she strove for, sacrificing her life would mean nothing to that end. Her life was essentially worthless in that respect.

But there was still a goal that she had to strive for. Whatever it took...! If she had to sacrifice a thousand lives, that was fine too!

But that didn't mean it would stop Julie from hating herself.

The utilitarians had it wrong. You can't just assign values to human lives. Who was to say that the lives of a thousand people altogether were worth more than that of one person? Sacrifice one to save the many? Sacrifice many to save the one? Human lives aren't just numbers to be balanced in a math equation, you know?!

And to Julie, as a ally and...as a friend, Adam was worth more than that. But...not enough to turn her eyes away from-

-the most important thing of all.

And that's why she wanted to end it right now.

The sound of rapid fire was like thunder in her mind, yet she was thinking more clearly than she had been for the past few days.

He probably hated her by now, and she didn't blame him. He had found Izzy finally, and she was on the verge of destroying what they had. She closed her eyes so that she couldn't see him being wounded...

The sound of rapid fire from another gun was what caused her to open them again. Well, that and a searing pain that felt as though her hand were being torn apart.

She cried out in pain, the submachine gun fell from her hand, and she grabbed ahold of her hand, which had within a split second become completely covered in blood, which ran down the length of her arm and dripped from her elbow onto the ground...

Julie didn't have time to nurse that wound, for there was another feeling as another burst of fire caught her by the ankle to the point where she fell over...

And in that moment, another burst, caught her in the stomach area....

"AAAAAAH!"

She screamed once, before hitting the ground, landing on a small hill covered in moss....

The pain was enough to bring her temporarily to her good senses...and she thought wryly as her blurring vision wandered over to where Adam was...

Good God. She thought to herself. The motherfucker won himself a Tommy Gun.

.... Everything hurt all over. She remembered a point in her life when she was five years old, and some jerk had pushed her down a flight of stairs at school. It felt like that...except ten times worse.

She didn't even have to look at her ankle to know...

No more running...

Julie felt sick...her skin was running cold, and she couldn't get up....groaning, she struggled for the submachine gun with blood-covered fingers...

Everything was swimming around her... was....was Adam shouting at her...?

She couldn't really hear him to be honest...

And then a weakness came over to her body, and she suddenly felt as though she'd never move again. Her body simply didn't have the strength, and whatever strength it did have, it was fading fast....

Her breathing slowed slightly...

She heard a name, saw a face...both she vaguely recognized, but knew were somehow important. That's right...she was looking for someone. She'd been waiting, searching, trying so hard to find that person...

Julie's eyelids fluttered faintly before closing...

G26-Juliet Mikan-Elimi...

"...Wait."

She suddenly opened her eyes, Julie could see him clearly now, he was right in front of her! He was standing right there, looking at her.

And...he was waving.

....He was waving....good-bye?

"Please...wait..."

Her strength failed her, and she lowered her hand, feeling everything fading....

G26-Juliet Mikan-Elimina...

"...I said WAIT!" Her voice rose again. He was still there in front of her, but....he seemed to be disappearing off into the distance. Every second that past he seemed farther and farther away to the point where Julie was afraid that she might lose him...

Tears were coming out of her eyes now...she wanted to get up and run to him, but her body wouldn't move... The image before her started to fade...

G26-Juliet Mikan-Eliminat...

"....wait for me...." She was sobbing now into the ground. He was gone now, and for a moment she'd thought she'd lost him forever...

...But....she could see the footprints that he'd left behind...just before he left...

It was all just in her mind. But somehow it renewed her spirit and gave her strength. Julie could still find him

"I'll follow you..." She whispered closing her eyes. "...to wherever I must go."

Her hand dropped against the ground as she finally fainted, the world around her fading to black....

[Since people were confused, the gal's down but not out, you fools. :P]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler LadyMakaze. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

No matter how many times you get shot or stabbed, it's impossible to get used to.

Adam Dodd had much more experience than the rest of his classmates. His old war wounds included a hacked-up shoulder, a few bullet wounds, a blown off ear, and a bungled knee, amongst other things. This time, he was only proving to add to his collection of scars and injuries as he picked up a few new bullet wounds, not to mention the shrapnel and glass that had perforated a bit of his body when he'd jumped out of the exploding barracks. So now as he found himself hiding behind a tree, shot both in the hand and in the thigh, Adam found himself - much like almost everybody else in the area, screaming in agony over their new wounds. He heard Izzy cry out, and then heard a grunt and a dull thud as the shooting stopped in their direction, but Adam couldn't be bothered with it. His head was in a haze from the pain shooting all over his body, and all he could hear was screaming. Bringing his wounded hand up to his face, he noted (while still screaming) that it really wasn't as bad as it looked. The ricochet had taken a chunk out of his hand, but had gone through and pretty much just flayed off skin. It was basically a really painful (and deep) scrape. His thigh though, was what worried him.

Willing himself to stop screaming out in agony, Adam grunted and bit down on his lip, and looked at the bullet wound in his right thigh. It had gone in, and judging by the pain flooding all over the area, it hadn't gone out the other side and still probably remained within his leg. That was wonderful, he'd have to try and extract it without severing any arteries. Of course, that would have to wait. Thumbing the safety on the M1, and slinging it around his chest, Adam pulled out the pistol that Julie (boy, was that ironic) had given him earlier. Holding it in his non-damaged right hand, Adam grunted as he switched position to try and see where Izzy was. If Julie had killed her...

...then it's motherfucking Cody Jenson all over again...

Far as he could tell, he THOUGHT he saw Izzy behind another tree a few meters away. Of course, being as all of the alarms within his body were screaming profanities at him, and his leg was basically just saying "you're moving, are you off your fucking rocker!?", his vision probably wasn't taking everything in right now. Likewise, his brain wasn't thinking properly, and so when he tried to stand, his legs failed him and he fell on the ground. Gasping, Adam let out a loud scream yet again, and then forced himself to stand on one leg, his wounded thigh taking as little weight as possible, a tree substituting for it. Now that he was (sort of) standing, he could see that it was indeed Izzy behind the tree, and that she HAD been shot yet again. It looked like the wound was definitely bleeding, and so that called for urgency. Without a second thought (and barely even a first), Adam lunged out into the open, trying to propel himself far enough to get to Izzy's position. He made it two or three hop-steps, but after the third, his natural instinct to walk took over, and he fell over, the white-hot pain taking him to task for trying to do anything that monumentally stupid. Gritting his teeth and grunting, Adam then crawled over to where the injured girl was, and dragged himself behind the tree.

Looking at Izzy, he saw that she too was in a great deal of pain. Her face was contorted into a mask of agony, and tears ran down her face from the obvious unpleasant feelings that must be ringing throughout her body. The sight killed Adam inside. He couldn't let Izzy die again - he would not.

Again...?

Grabbing onto one of her hands, he tried to gasp out something to let her know he was there with her.

"...I'm here...it's okay..."

Of course, as he was grimacing in pain himself, it probably didn't have the desired effect. This was when it dawned upon Adam that they were both in very serious trouble, and that unless he'd managed to hit Julie, both of them were very shortly going to be very dead. Of course, he didn't hear any more gunfire, even when he exposed himself, so maybe...just maybe, he'd gotten a hit. Or killed her.

How's that for killing your friends, Dodd? Danya'd be proud - if you and him didn't despise each other...

Perishing the thought, Adam's mind then scrolled along to the next idea that popped into his volatile mind that was being dominated by Izzy's well-being. Of course, this was the idea that he should have probably had in mind first, because he'd completely forgotten about Bill Ritch, who wasn't screaming, and if he wasn't dead, might have managed to get out of the way of the gunfire completely.

Which means that he may be our only fucking hope...

Fighting again through the pain when he switched position to try and lean against the tree next to Izzy, Adam continued to hold the girl's hand. To try and comfort her - hell, to try and comfort himself. Right now, things didn't look good - Adam had never had a wound that hurt this much, and in the back of his mind, he wondered how much time he had left - how long his body could keep up with this.

"BILL! BILL, WE NEED YOU! GET THE PACKS, WE NEED YOU!"

Adam didn't have much energy to say much else. Tears ran down his own cheeks, the pain being just too damn much for him. Plus, he'd made yet another mistake, and nobody yet knew if it'd lead to death, or not.

That would basically be up to the 'capable' hands of Bill Ritch, computer gamer and general nerd; doctor in absolutely no sense of the word at all.
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Pigeon Army†

Post by Pigeon Army† »

Dorian Sanders crawled into the doorway of the flimsy, mould-ridden 'house' and collapsed in the middle of the water-logged floor. He looked around. The house looked like a suburban house typical of 1950s ads depicting the American Dream lifestyle - well, the closest it could get to looking like that in its dilapidated form. "You know it's bad when that's looking appealing," Dorian muttered weakly to himself. He crawled over to one of the walls and leaned against it, then started running his hands up and down his legs, trying to get warm.

His left hand passed over something warm, sticky, and definitely not marsh water. What the hell... He looked at his hand, and saw red. Or, more specifically, blood.

And that's when the pain hit him.

Dorian groaned through clenched teeth as he pulled up his left trouser leg. A bullet from had grazed his shin. It wasn't deep or long - only one or two centimetres long - but it burned ever so slightly, and underneath the burning sensation was a dull throb that made things worse. And the small amounts of blood seeping out of it definitely didn't help. "Oh Jesus fuck, so this is what it feels like to be shot," Dorian thought aloud. "Bruce Willis and Jason Statham make it look so much less painful than this."

Dorian pulled out the first aid kit from his daypack and rifled through it. Having been forced to do a first aid course by his mother after his grandfather had a heart attack while they were visiting him, and none of them knowing what to do, Dorian had learned a few very basic things about treating wounds. "Thermometer...syringe...scissors...lighter - that'll come in handy," Dorian mumbled to himself, putting it on his lap, "gloves...benzalkokodumdum chlorine or whatever that says...ah, dressings..."

Dorian unrolled the dressing and wrapped some of it tightly around the graze, wincing as he did so. He then cut the dressing once it had gone right around his leg twice, and then wrapped an elastic roller bandage around the dressing several times, grimacing the whole way through. When that was over, he grabbed a safety pin and pinned the whole thing together behind his shin. Slightly satisfied at the treatment of the wound, he slumped back against the wall and breathed out, trying to ignore the pain. The gunfire appeared to have stopped, but Dorian wasn't going to leave for a while.

I'm not going out there when crazy Dodd is still out there. Bastard probably wants to kill me now, and I'm not exactly enamoured with him either.

Dorian heard shouting, faint over the rain. Dodd calling to a guy named Bill - presumably the fat one, Dorian figured - about needing packs.

Yeah, that's right, call to your useless disciple, Dorian thought bitterly, the one with his fucking useless boxcutter and bad physical state. He's totally not a charity case at all.

Ah well, rest time.

Return to “The Marsh”