One Man Revolution

Moss and vines have overtaken the outside of the mess hall, and the inside looks as though it hasn't been touched for years. The multiple tables sit in perfect rows in the dining room, and the kitchen and even the deep freeze are layered in a thick coat of dust. There might be some leftovers in the deep freeze, but eating meat that's over 40 years old is quite the dance with death, perhaps more hazardous than the competition on the island.
Cactus

One Man Revolution

Post by Cactus »

((Continued from Them vs. You vs. Me))

Making his way through the jungle hadn't been the most pleasant of exercises. Adam was beginning to despise the jungle almost as much as he'd hated the first SOTF island, and perhaps even a little bit more. While on the first island, things had been fairly temperate, and had gotten cold at times, it was downright shitty on this island. The temperature was hot, and jungle stretched out as far as the eye could see, only stopping in places where civilization had eched out it's mark. Adam hadn't been using the sword that he'd found to cut a path through the jungle, however, as doing so would leave a trail, and he didn't feel all that comfortable with being followed.

Not at this point, not in this situation. There's no way.

Of course, as he pushed a few vines away from his face, he knew that he was following a similar path than he had last time - he was turning into a venerable weapons factory. Already, Adam had picked up a pistol, a couple grenades, a sword, light tubes, and now, whatever weapon Danya felt gracious enough to gift him with.

"A gift, eh? That's fuckin' rich. I suppose he's repaying me for the little present I gave him last time around. The fuck's so special about blowing someone up, anyway?"

Grumbling under his breath as he made his way (hopefully) towards the mess hall, Adam took another look at the folded-up map in his hand. Judging by the landmarks and the direction that he'd been heading in, the mess hall should have been right there, though Adam didn't see it. Frustration was beginning to set in, and he couldn't help but worry a bit about leaving his ally, Julie, back at the barracks looking after two newcomers. While yes, one of them was badly injured, and Adam was fairly certain that Sean wouldn't try anything stupid, he didn't know the girl, and the news about Andy couldn't have been positive for Sean's psyche.

Those announcements never are, though...really, when you think about it. What fucks you up more than seeing your friends die? Hearing about it. You hear that your girlfriend, or best buddy gets killed, and you don't even get to say goodbye, to do anything about it? That'll mess you up just about as bad as seeing some fucker do the dirty deed themselves.

Pushing his way through some more jungle, Adam was starting to become increasingly annoyed when the jungle just seemed to end in front of him, making way to a long building that Adam could only assume and hope was the mess hall. Exhaling a little bit, Adam readied the pistol that he had in his hand, shifting the knapsack on his back to get a more comfortable position. The area was supposedly a temporary danger zone, but Adam was doubtful that it'd remain that way for long.

Any bets that's why Danya pissed off and didn't do his usual blustery announcement? He's so pissy that I managed to win one of his little prizes and that he's got to help me stay alive, that he fucked off and went home. Least it's a day sparing me from that asshole's annoying voice.

Glancing around the area, looking for something that might constitute a prize, Adam finally spied a crate sitting in front of the building, two red balloons attached to it, obviously used to mark it as being an object of significance. Cautiously wandering over, he reached back and pulled out the sword from the makeshift holster that he'd fashioned from his knapsack, and worked the top of the box loose with the end of the sword. Adam wasn't about to take any chances that this thing was booby-trapped, because that'd just be like Danya - throw a monkey-wrench in there and fuck up the odds a little bit.

"Plus, he just plain doesn't like me all that much...can't...can't say I blame him..."

With the top of the box coming apart fairly easily, Adam; satisfied enough that it wouldn't explode in his face, took a look inside at his newest acquisition. When he saw what was in the box, he raised his eyebrows in near-amusement. While not the traditional sort, Adam knew exactly what kind of weapon was in the box. Placing his sword back around his knapsack, and putting the pistol in his pocket, Adam reached down and into the box, removing the weapon and hefting it using both of his hands. Looking it over for a moment, Adam shook his head.

"Are you kidding me? Are you KIDDING ME? Fuck me, what am I, Jim Carrey in the Mask?"

As Adam looked over the M1 Thompson Submachine gun that he now held, he couldn't help but wonder how ridiculous he'd look carrying around a Tommy Gun. Quickly picking up the spare clips and ammunition (it seemed that there were quite a few, and for that Adam was glad), and taking a quick glance at the manual before discarding it back into the crate it had come in, Adam hefted the new weapon, privately wishing that they'd decided to give him a shotgun or something.

A shotty woulda been nice, but hey...I guess a gun is a gun, and it's a submachine gun, at that. At least nobody's gonna want to fuck with me, and if they do, I can spray bullets at them like it's nobody's business.

Looking at the gun, Adam chuckled to himself as he started to leave the area.

"All I need is a fuckin' car, a bowler, and a driver in a black suit and I can bring back the gangland-style drive-by shootings...jeez...what the hell is this world coming to?"

Of course, as he wandered from the area, Adam knew that what he'd just mumbled aloud was the least of his worries. He had to get back to Julie, and he had to find Izzy. Finding Izzy was still priority number one, and while he'd gotten a little sidetracked, it seemed as though she was still alive, and that was the best piece of news that he'd heard all day.

I won't let it happen again, not like I did to Amanda...not this time...

With one final look at the mess hall, Adam Dodd disappeared into the jungle again, hoping to find his way back to the barracks before any kind of crazy shit went down, much like it had once Julie had left.

((Continued in Stalwart))
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.

Return to “The Mess Hall”