Bake And Date

Private; tagging Tonyskin

Prom preparations, date-seeking, and anything else which concerns prom and takes place within a few days before the event goes here.
Primrosette

Bake And Date

Post by Primrosette »

He had to make this perfect.

Not that Adonis was a perfectionist at heart. No, he was far from that. He just had to make sure that he had this all planned out before Regina was going to turn up at his house. He also made sure that he was alone without anyone to interrupt them.

He glanced down at all the items to use for the food that they were going to make together and he let out a sigh of relief. He didn't even know why he was getting a bit worked up about things. He just needed to relax and act like his normal self.

He then moved out of the kitchen and went to sit down on the stairs in the hallway, getting out his phone and checking the time. Regina would be there soon.

Adonis felt himself smiling at the thought of hanging out with such a great friend like her.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

[Regina Petrov Prom Start]

The high-pitched beep-beep of the charcoal-colored 2017 Honda Accord as it locked always brought a smile to Regina’s face. It was like her car was saying ‘bye bye’ to her whenever she left it. It was a silly thing to think about, sure, but even so, she couldn’t help that it made her happy. She tossed her keys into the abyss of her purse, and pulled the straps up on her shoulder in a comfortable position. She checked herself out in the window of her car for a quick second. Not that she was being narcissistic or anything, but she liked to make sure that she looked relatively put together at various intervals throughout the day. She didn’t look half bad today, her hair in its standard three-strand braid, minimal makeup (but still enough to look good), a cute royal purple tee that said ‘You had me at Sprinkles’, a comfortable pair of dark blue jeans, and a pair of flat gladiator-style sandals. It was comfortable AND stylish, well at least her kind of stylish. She needed to be able to move around since her and Adonis planned to bake together today.

Regina loved it when she got a chance to do something she loved with like-minded people, plus hanging out with Adonis was always fun. She briefly wondered if his boyfriend Emmett would make an appearance, as he sometimes did. It’s not that Gina disliked Emmett by any means, he was just a bit… hard to handle. Adonis was such a sweet boy, and it hurt her to see how Emmett’s temper sometimes got the better of him. It wasn’t her business though, and as long as Adonis was happy she had to right to say anything. Satisfied with her appearance, she swiftly began to walk over to Adonis’ house. She just about skipped over to the door and gave the bell a buzz.

“Hello, hello! I’m here!”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V8 Kids Lined Up To Die
Sebastian Odegaard - Playing The Leading Man
Yoona Lee - Rejecting Society
Chanel Andersson-Joseph - Changing Her Aesthetic
Marc Hines - Lazer-Focused on the Future
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

ImageLorenzo Tavares B03 - DEAD
Pregame:1 2 3 4 5 Memories:1 2 3 4 Prom: 1 2 3 4 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
ImageGina Petrov G43 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3
ImageJackson Sullivan B36 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 2 3 4 5 Memories: 1 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ImageAmelia Fischer G34 - DEAD
Pregame: 1 Memories: 1 2 Prom: 1 2 Trip: 1
Island: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis felt himself perking up as he heard Regina's voice and he got up to his feet. He stopped in front of the hallway mirror to make sure that he was looking good for her and then he realised what he was going. He needed to chill himself out. He needed to remember that Regina was just a friend, not a girl that he was crushing on. Not that he was crushing on her or anything like that. That would be a big no-no. Emmett was still his precious boyfriend and he had no intention of being unfaithful to him. He was just doing this because Emmett absolutely hated proms with a passion and he had told Adonis to go with whomever he wanted to take. Adonis still wanted to have a fun time and he was happy that Emmett had no problem with him doing this. At least, he hoped that Emmett was being truthful when he said he didn't care and that he would not being jealous of Adonis going on a prom date with someone else.

Adonis hoped that he looked.... Normal? Casual? His stubble was starting to get a bit longer and hairier around his chin and cheeks slowly. His brown hair was straightened and a little past his shoulders (he was going to get it cut shorter at some point that month). His sparkling baby blue eyes was bright with amusement and excitement. He was wearing a bright orange t-shirt with no designs on it, dark blue jeans and white socks. He didn't want to wear any of his sneakers in his own home. There would be no point in doing so.

Adonis moved his side fringe out of his eyes a little and then hurried over to the door, opening it up to be face to face with Regina.

"Hey, Gigi!" He said with a charming smile on his face and he pulled the door more open so that she had room to get inside. "Glad that you could make it."
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

As the door to Adonis’ house opened Regina broke out into a full smile. It felt like it had been ages since the two of them had a chance to get together like this and just relax and bake. Sure they got to see each other in school, but this was something special that the two of them both enjoyed and got to share with each other. She jumped the boy as soon as he came into view from behind the door and smothered him in a warm friendly embrace.

“Hey, hon! How are you?” She released him from her tight hug and looked him in the eyes, her own eyes brimming with excitement. With all the stress of the end of the school year and final projects and tests looming on the horizon, she really needed a day like today to just relax with a good friend and do something fun.

“Shoes off, right?” She quickly bent down to unfasten the sandals, and slipped them off and left them to the side of Adonis’ front door. She grinned at the boy and followed him inside. “So what are we baking today?”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis couldn't help but love his friend's energy and enthusiasm that was always able to brighten his day and he would never like to lose that. Baking with Regina was relaxing and he just liked having a chat with her in general about anything. This was their time. Their own two people time that he liked to not have interrupted by anyone else. Not even his parents or his younger siblings. He was hoping that what he had planned to do would work. It was going to be very unusual for him to do, but Regina was definitely going to be worth it.

"I'm going good so far. Lachlan is still being a moody teen who is out sulking about somewhere and Lilias is over at Kerry's house to play. I do love my siblings, I swear." Adonis said simply with a proud smile on his face and he looked towards the kitchen area. He felt a bit embarrassed about the shoes business. It was really his Mom's fault. 'Always have your shoes off in the house' and 'Don't let the floor get dirty with your filthy shoes, kids' was her saying to him and anyone else. Even Dad can't escape from her nagging about it!

Adonis turned back to Regina and he clapped his hands together, feeling excitement rushing through his own body. "Right! I was thinking that today that we could try something fun and different. I thought that we could make some watermelon and mango puff pastry. What do you think, Gigi?" He asked with a hopeful smile and he wanted to see if she would like the idea. If not, they could always do something else.
[+] V7
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

“Puff pastries? That sounds delish!”

Regina placed her purse down on a chair in Adonis’ living room, and began to dig through the contents for a moment, struggling to find what she was looking for in the vast wasteland that was the inside of her purse. Her eyes brightened as she finally found her target, and she triumphantly pulled the object out of her purse. She unrolled her baking apron and shook it out a it to make sure it was clean. The apron was black, and the design on the front was the same as her avatar on her YouTube channel, a cartoon version of her face winking with a puffy chef’s hat on, the face surrounded by cartoon-ish ingredients like a bag of sugar, an egg, a whisk, and other baking themed things. She slipped the apron over her head and tied it securely behind her back. When that was done, she turned to face her friend with a thumbs-up.

“I’m ready when you are! And hey, if these turn out good, why don’t you come on my channel and we can make a video out of it?”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Me? You could really want me to go onto your channel and present them to your audience? Like a food blog, huh?"

Adonis stroked at the stubble on his chin and he couldn't help say it in a jokey way. But it did sound like it would be a lot of fun to present what they had done to a big audience of people around the world. He didn't really watch Regina's channel and he honestly felt a bit guilty about it. He made sure to catch up on her videos at a later date. He couldn't stop looking at Regina's apron with a big, stupid grin and he then gave her a thumbs-up back.

"Do you think your audience will luuuurv me as much as they luuuurv you?" He asked with a teasing smile and he headed out of the room to get into the kitchen, picking up his own pink apron and putting it on. "Right!" He clapped his hands together loudly. "I am now ready, Gigi!"
[+] V7
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Adonis seemed surprised that she asked him to come onto her channel. She didn’t understand why, she often brought on friends as guest stars to help her make a dish or two. She narrowed her eyes at him a bit. He wasn’t keeping up with her channel, was he? Oh well, she couldn’t expect EVERYONE to watch all her videos. Plus, it was hard for her to stay mad at him, he was such a jokester. He grinned at her and threw his own thumbs up at her. Regina walked up and poked him in the stomach lightly with a giggle.

“Yeah, dummy. It’ll be lots of fun.” He asked if her audience would like him teasingly as he went to get his own apron on. “Of course they’ll love you! I love you, so why shouldn’t they?” Adonis clapped his hands together and declared himself ready to start. Regina grinned.

“Yes, sir!” she brought up her right hand in a salute. “Lead the way!”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Then yes! Of course I would love to come onto your channel, it will be a lot of fun to see how people will see what we have made together." Adonis was beaming with pride as he was standing in the kitchen and he was staring at all of the ingredients that he had collected for them to work with. "I think that I must have gone a little overboard with the items as we will have to do the mango and watermelon as different pastries. I could not find a recipe of them being made together. So...."

He was looking at one lime, two package puff pastry sheets (1 sheet) that will have to be thawed, some box of butter, a brown sugar, one large mango that will have to be peeled, seeded and diced and cup sweetened whipped cream. Now this was for some mango mini tarts and he thought that they had looked completely delicious and sweet from what he had see from other people's experiences from making them. Now for the other items.... he had one and a half cups full of ground vanilla wafer cookies, more butter that could be used, some applesauce, two eggs, cornstarch, some white sugar, a bag of salt, three cups diced seedless watermelon and some whipped cream. Now Adonis knew that this was for a watermelon pudding tart and from what he had seen of images. They were just so.... mouth-watering.

"Now...." He twirled around to glance at Regina with determination in his eyes and he really wanted her to impressed with what he had done. "Would you like to make mango mini tarts or a watermelon pudding tart?"
[+] V7
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Regina smiled at Adonis when he finally agreed to come onto her channel. She loved it when her friends could come on with her and crate some fun and tasty things to share with her viewers. Now that that was settled, the duo walked into the kitchen to start their prep for the two desserts they’d be making together. Regina was impressed that Adonis had already set everything up. Regina’s mouth watered a bit when she thought about how good these sweet and fruity desserts were going to be. Her sweet tooth was aching, and she couldn’t wait till they were finished and eating these delicious morsels. Adonis apologized for having too many things going on as they would have to make two separate kinds of pastries as he wasn’t able to find a good recipe with both fruits. Regina shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

“Them's the breaks, I guess.” She giggled. “I’m never against having more than one dessert.”

Adonis gave her the option to start on the Mango tarts or the watermelon pudding tarts. Both sounded fantastic, and it was really a hard decision for her to make. The mango looked like it still had to be peeled, so she supposed she could start there, and let Adonis take the lead. She walked over and grabbed the mangos.

“I’ll start peeling these, and you can get started on whatever needs to be done for the watermelon tarts.” She moved herself and the mangos out of the way and over to a counter to begin her peeling. She picked up the first mango and grabbed the Y-shaped peeler Adonis had already set up, and began her work in earnest.

“So, how’s Emmett? Do ya’ll have any fun things planned out for prom?”
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Exactly! More desserts are so much more desirable and worthwhile." He said simply in agreement with her.

Adonis couldn't hide but grin at Regina's words about the desserts and they both started to get to work on what they had to do. Now he just needed to remember what he had read about watermelon pudding tarts on that one website. He didn't want to forget what he wanted to do with them as his dream of being a bakery owner would be crushed if he couldn't memorise great recipes and if he messes the making up. Okay, he was being a little overdramatic but.... How could he not worry about his future? It was very stressful for him to think about while he was with Regina. But he was not going to talk to her about it until he really needed her advice about it. He didn't want to burden her with his worries.

Then Regina then mentioned Emmett. Emmett is always my biggest worry sometimes. He didn't want to admit that their relationship was beginning to feel a lot more negative than he wanted. Not that they were having more arguments or anything. It just felt like they were having less and less fun times with each other and they sometimes couldn't even talk about their favorite hobbies without it ended in silence after a minute or two. He didn't want to think about the possibility of ending the relationship for real without the on and off of it. Adonis, just stop thinking about it too much.

Adonis was picking up the cups that were full of seedless bits of watermelon and he give it a sniff, taking in the lovely smell. "Emmett is well.... Emmett. You know how he is about things that he doesn't like, right?" He asked as he put the cups back down and he glanced over at Regina's work on the mango. "He basically said 'Fuck the prom!' and he told me to go with whomever I wanted as he knew that I would like to go anyway."
[+] V7
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Regina frowned a bit hearing that Emmett basically abandoned Adonis when it came to prom. Knowing Adonis, he was probably pretty upset that his boyfriend didn’t want to go to prom with him. It made Regina’s blood boil a bit. Emmett was the kind of guy who only considered his own feelings, and that was totally unfair to Adonis. If they were in a relationship it should be give and take, not just Emmett doing whatever he damn well pleased regardless of Adonis’ feelings and wishes. This was one of the main reasons Regina was content with the fact that she’d never been in a long-term relationship. That was something she’d get around to when she was older and her life was on track. She stopped peeling the mangos and turned to look at her friend.

“That’s so unfair. I can’t believe he’s making you go without him. That’s so mean.” She shook her head and put a hand on Adonis’s shoulder.

“But, y’know what? It’s his loss.” She smiled as best she could to try and cheer Adonis up. “Prom is gonna be a blast, and if he wants to miss the chance to have fun with you that’s his drama.”

Regina squeezed Adonis’ shoulder and wrapped her free hand around the boy, embracing him tightly for a few seconds. She released him and grinned, then turned back to continue her work of peeling mangos.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Regina was truthfully the best girl that he could ever have as a friend. She had been listening to him the whole time with his problems with his relationship and he was happy that she seemed to understand why Emmett could be difficult at times. Emmett seemed to be getting more and more distant from him lately and he was beginning to wonder if he had done something wrong. He had been flirting with Declyn a lot more lately. But he never really did anything to Declyn physically. So he was thinking that Emmett was going to go into the 'We need a break' stage again. Adonis would make sure to do something romantic to make it up to him if that did happen.

"Emmett just seems to be more closed-off from me more now. He just finds it hard to trust people and well, I guess I must have been too flirty than I should be with other people. I don't know. Proms just don't appeal to him. Not even parties. He likes it when there are less people around. He likes peace and quiet, not loud and sociable. He's trying in his own way, I think." Adonis didn't know why he had to defend his moody boyfriend and he was trying not to think about how worried he was about Emmett now. "Anyway.... Enough about Emmett. I wanted to get to the point with you, Gigi...."

Here you go, Adonis. Now you just need to ask her.

Adonis stepped closer until he was by Regina's side and he leaned down slightly so that Regina could see him out of the corner of her eye. "Will you go to the prom with me?" He asked, grinning at her in a cheeky way and he raised an eyebrow in a teasing way.
[+] V7
Tonyksin

Post by Tonyksin »

Regina listened attentively as Adonis did his best to try and plead Emmett’s case as to why he wasn’t going to prom with him. Regina rolled her eyes a bit, but nevertheless accepted that Adonis’ mind wasn’t going to be changed regarding Emmett anytime soon. Regina could see that Adonis was worried about his relationship, and so she didn’t want to pry too hard and make a mess of things. All she planned to do was support Adonis and whatever decisions he did or didn’t make. That’s what friends were for right? Adonis insisted that Emmett was trying, and who was she to say otherwise. She didn’t know all the ins and outs of their relationship, after all.

“If you say so, hon.” She smiled, and began to focus back on the task at hand, but Adonis’s voice pulled her out of concentration again. It took a moment for the question to really register in her head, but once it fully processed her smile widened and she jumped at Adonis and locked him in a bear hug.

“OHMIGOSH, YES!” She shouted, releasing him and laughing uncontrollably. Her mind was already buzzing with ideas for matching prom outfits and how cute they were bound to look in photos.

“Oh I’m so excited! I already had a few hairstyles i was looking at for prom, but now you can help me choose the one I want! What color dress should I wear? I was thinking maybe gold or red, but the theme is glow in the dark so I don’t know what I want to do really, but now we can figure it out together! Yay! I’m so happy, I thought I was gonna end up going alone, you’re the sweetest!” She ran out of breath a bit there, but she was really happy that he’d asked her. What a pair the two of them would make. Prom was going to be even better than she’d imagined now.
V8 Relationship Chart
[+] V7 Kiddos
V7:
Relationship Thread
Appearance Tracker

Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis was happy to see Regina so happy about going with him to the prom and the hug had been an added bonus. He thought that it was only right to take his closest friend to the prom because there was no way that he would let her go alone and also he was a little annoyed that none of the other guys had asked her to go. Who would not want Regina to be the best prom date ever? He couldn't wait to have a wonderful time with her. This time he could just focus on the two of them without worrying about other things.

"Oh, yes. You definitely need to show me some hairstyles that we can have fun with, Gigi. What color dress, huh?" Adonis said in a thoughtful tone of voice and he gazed at her body for a few seconds, grinning happily. "Hmm.... I am thinking maybe a blue or a turquoise dress. But like you said, we can figure it out if that is not really the color you would want. I'm not the best person for fashion tips."

He let out a hearty laugh and he was feeling more lively about things. He was feeling a bit more positive about things now. That was just how it was with Regina. She always felt like a ray of sunshine and he wouldn't trade her for anyone else in the world.

"I could never let you go all on your own. It would not be fun to be without anyone as a prom date." He winked at her in a playful manner and he put his hands on either side of his hips. "Besides, I want to show you my sexy dance moves." He joked lightly.
[+] V7

Return to “Before Prom”