What do you...?

Although it's called a hospital, it's really more of an island clinic. It's a relatively small building, covered in whites and pastels to give it a clean and sterile look. Even the waiting rooms and the patient rooms in the back beg for a little color. The cupboards and cabinets still contain various medications prescribed by clinic physicians. It's the opportune place to head if you're needing to tend to a few wounds -- it's also the opportune place to head if you're set on picking off the weak links.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

((Continued from Rebirth))

Andi fell to his knees.
He was way too tired at this point.
"You fucking pussy," Siouxsie said to him.
"If you were actually here, I would smack you so hard, you end up a hooker in Jack The Ripper's era."
"If you survive this, then you can slap 'me' although, no one will know exactly why."

He managed to crawl up against a wall, and saw a room with a hospital bed, and a few bottles of medications, and some syringes.

But all he could really do was sit there, and rest a little bit.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Please refrain from double-posting in areas in which more than one handler is roleplaying, as it causes confusion amongst the people you are roleplaying with.  Thank you.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

((Continued from Rebirth))

"Damn it...why the hell did I head off toward those voices instead of sticking with Andi?"

That thought crossed Vesa Turunen's head as he chased after Andi before hearing voices...familiar voices...voices of friends that he made in his year at Franklyn.  But they were nowhere to be found and on top of that, he had lost Andi...was he already going delusional?  He pulled out one of the bottles of water from his bag, took a sip and scanned the immediate area for anywhere to go...and then he saw the hospital.  "Might as well," he said to himself as he headed off for the door, the knife he had been issued clutched firmly in his right hand.

"Andi!" he called out, then he realized he had the knife in his hand, "Shit..."  But he knew that he was in an unfamiliar area; he couldn't put it away for Andi's sake this time out of fear of someone looking for a quick kill.  Nevertheless, he passed by where Ernest, Felix and Alexander were situated and...was that who he thought it was?  Vesa did a quick double-take when he saw the Russian student.  "This is impossible..." he thought, "What the hell is Alexander Ovechkin doing here?"  He shook his head, then cleared the strands of hair out from in front of his eyes before continuing further into the clinic.  "Oi...I think whatever's affecting Andi has started to get to me too...I must be seeing things..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Andi hearda familiar voice. It was Vesa's.
"That idiot is going to get himself killed," Siouxsie spoke.
"I think he realized that, otherwise he would still be calling out for me."
"You have way too much faith in people, Andi."
"Beats having no faith."

He struggled to get himself up, and had to use the wall in order to get himself up on his feet.

He wandered, and found himself looking at his ally again.
"Vesa..." he said in a low voice, and still using the wall next to him to stand.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Xaldien. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

Hmmm... It appears that we have more visitors.

Ernest sighed as he looked out the window. Two kids he'd never met before were stumbling around, calling for eachother, and one appeared to be talking to himself. Well, at least Ernest wouldn't be the only crazy in the quickly enlarging group. Actually, I'm probably safer in a large group. It's less likely that I'll be a target when I'm among the smallest people in the pack. He grinned mirthlessly at the thought of his all to near mortality. It was probably best to think of a more solid way off the island. The cell phone trick required to many resources he didn't have access to right now, namely a cell phone. Maybe the new kids woulf have a functioning cell phone.

Maybe cutting off the collars would work; after all, the explosive was almost certainly concealed in the frontspiece with the little screen. It could theoretically be anywhere or in little packets all along the edge that touched your neck, albeit it probably couldn't kill you with the latter. It wouldn't be as effective as a single stronger charge. It would actually make the most sense to put this charge at the base of the neck, so it could sever the spinal chord, effectively paralyzing the contestant. Or they might have two charges one in front and one in back.

Ernest had no idea if the explosions were instantaneous, but if they had a slight time delay, which probably made sense from the designer's view, then it was a question of technique, hand speed, and the sharpness of the knife used to cut.  It really came down to whether it was possible to sever a eigth of an inch thick of piece plastic and wires and throw it away from its former bearer in time to have both people survive.

Hmmm. The blonde appears to be carrying a knife of some sort. Hmmm...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Endless_Helix. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

Andi fell down, and started breathing heavily, and his stomach was in pain.
"Maybe the fact that you haven't eaten anything since you got here might be a factor, smart one," Siouxsie commented.

Andi held up his sickle.
"You are so glad I can't use this on you."

Sure, she's a bitch. Sure, she's just in his head. But that didn't stop her from being wrong. He realized that even thought he was supplied with food, he hadn't taken the time to eat any of it.

Still, before that, he needed to get back together with Vesa.
Just then, Siouxsie whispered into his ear.
"Someone's watching you..."

And he gave wandering glances to his surroundings.
And he was something...
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Ahh, Andi!"  Vesa raced over to where Andi was slumped over, immediately crouching down next to him before looking over his shoulder to see if the others were approaching him.  When he was confident that they weren't, he set the blade down in front of him, though he was ready to pick it up and lash out if needed.  Setting his pack down as it was killing his shoulders, Vesa saw him clutching his stomach and opened his own sack to look through the contents.  "Something the matter?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Croco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

To say that Alexander Ovechkin was overwhelmed with the sudden amount of new arrivals in the area outside of the hospital was an understatement. No sooner than he'd been invited into the hospital by the two inside than three more arrivals had come crashing into the area. One of them appeared to be injured, and they all seemed to be concerned about each other. This, of course, wasn't what peaked Alex's interest. It was, in fact, the fact that much to his surprise, one of the faces was a familiar one.

Vesa Turunen was a person that Alex was relatively familiar with. Both were highly-ranked European prospects and while Alex had been drafted first overall and had already played a season in the NHL, he knew that the big Finn was highly regarded. The two of them had attended many of the same prospect camps, and they'd met on more than one occasion. For Alex, seeing someone he recognized in this hellish situation was a stroke of good luck.

Carefully wandering away from the hospital door, holding a finger up in the universal 'one minute' signal to the boy standing at the door, Alex approached the group, and, waiting for a moment where it seemed as though the new arrivals weren't quite focused upon much aside from the health of their companion, Alex decided to call out.

"Vesa! Vesa Turunen? It's me, Alex Ovechkin! You remember me, do you not?"
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

When Andi saw Vesa, he was relieved.
Thankful that he ran into someone he could trust to keep him, at least somewhat, safe until he recovered some of his strength.
"Vesa... I never thought I'd be so happy to see someone like this in my life..."

He decided to lighten the mood with humor.
"I'd kiss you, if I weren't so... out of it."

Hoping that Vesa would catch onto his hunger, he clutched his stomach again.
Croco†

Post by Croco† »

"Vesa! Vesa Turunen? It's me, Alex Ovechkin! You remember me, do you not?"

Immediately, Vesa's head shot around to see Alex standing in the hallway, his eyes shooting wide when he saw that it really was who he thought it was.  He remembered the camps and especially the one back in 2005 during the lockout...when Vesa was two inches shorter and twenty-five pounds lighter and Alex had just gone #1 overall...

"Who is that kid...C-16 on the black side?"  The scout turned to a colleauge next to him, wearing a black and gold baseball cap with the familiar penguin logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins on the front.  They were at an elite junior hockey camp in Goteberg, Sweden, evaluating the latest batch of young European players to consider for recruiting to the best of the best professional teams in the world, which usually meant one sure thing...there were plenty of NHL scouts on hand.  And he was one of them as he witnessed Vesa racing for a loose puck, hair whipping in the wake of his movement, then corralling it and keeping it from the defenseman that had at least four inches and weighed close to 230 pounds.

"C-16?"  The Penguins scout looked down at his clipboard at the names on the list in front of him, then nodded once.  "That's Turunen...Vesa Turunen...he's only fifteen and-"

"Fifteen?  Christ, Dirkstrom...he's a giant for his age...already 6-1 and I'm guessing, what...200 pounds?  That kid grows any more and he'll be a force to be reckoned with..."  Just as they were discussing the bright future ahead of Vesa, they turned to see him drop a much smaller player with a textbook shoulder check at center ice as he tried to fish the puck out from his skates.  The whistle was quickly blew as the kid slowly got up, but the five-minute shift was over anyway and players skated off the ice as Karl Dirkstrom turned back to the other scout.

"I'm telling you...give Turunen a couple years and he'll go number 1...he's fast, he's got a great shot, he can really skate in open ice and is great with the puck.  He's got quintessential power forward written all over him if he turns into a physical prowess, like Bertuzzi in his better years."  Dirkstrom jotted down a note next to Vesa's name and position -
Franchise player potential - Could go #1 when matured...then he turned to the Russian scout next to him.

"Hey Vitali, you picked out Ovechkin from one of these youth exhibitions, huh?"  Vitali turned and nodded once.

"Yes, and I was already on the phone to Gleb, saying that he should have a look at this kid...he was about sixteen when I discovered him.  I hear that he's here giving demonstrations and I think I should introduce him to Mr. Turunen...if not to just let them talk about what it's like to be young prodigies in high international demand."

After the session, Vitali raced down to the tunnel to meet up with Vesa, who was conversing with a couple other Finns.

"Can I see C-16...Vesa Turunen, for a moment?"  Upon hearing his name, Vesa excused himself to talk with the scout.  "Vesa...the majority of the scouts have been raving about you and I was hoping you'd want to meet someone that was in your shoes."  With a roll of his shoulders, he reluctantly followed the scout to a corridor away from the main dressing room, where Alex was waiting in casual clothing for him.

"I'd like you to meet Alexander Ovechkin," he said with a smile.  "Alex, this is Vesa Turunen...I think he's the best player at his age in the world today, and he's only fifteen."  They both extended hands to each other, giving a firm handshake before Vesa excused himself to change out of his equipment...

"Holy crap...how did you get here?!?" he gasped.  His English was a lot better than Alex's by a vast margin...but he remembered the trade, which shocked the entire sports world...the three-way deal between them, Washington and Atlanta that sent him to the Devils while the Capitals got Ilya Kovalchuk and the Thrashers got Brian Gionta as the headliners.  And then Andi had to intervene at that moment as well...though he smirked when he told him that he wanted to kiss him.

"I'd let you, but I don't exactly play that side of the line...besides, you should save it for Peter.  I've heard about you two..."  After saying that, Vesa couldn't help but to turn away to hide a blush...he wasn't gay but the suggestion was something he didn't have in mind.

((OOC: Hey Dodd, check your PM's when you get the chance...))
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

"I'd let you, but I don't exactly play that side of the line...besides, you should save it for Peter. I've heard about you two..."

Andi heard this and cracked a little bit of a smile.
"So, when did we become the next Hollywood couple?"
He laughed slightly, but then went back to thinking about the kiss comment he made towards Vesa.

Well... he IS kind of cute...

He tried getting the thought out of his head.
Peter was the only person he should have on his mind, but he's been so trapped in his thoughts and delusions that he forgot... which is probably better, since now Andi is worrying about Peter's safety, in that head of his.

So what if Vesa's attractive, it's not like he's interested... right?

He focused his attention to the boy Vesa had been conversing with.
"And so more people join the party..."
The RPG reference made him feel SLIGHTLY better.
Jotun†

Post by Jotun† »

Ernest introduced him as Alexander. Felix had never met Alexander but had seen him before, Alexander was a bit older than the rest of the students, didn't speak english, and was apparently some sort of Hockey genius. Felix wasn't sure what grade he was in, either eleventh or twelfth. At first Felix wanted to keep his gun ready to blow poor Alex away - bu Alex was hardly a threat. He might have been older, but he was handling Survival of the Fittest just as well as everyone else was.

There was a yell outside. Still perched next to the window, Felix saw two others find their way into his view who apparently knew each other. Felic thought nothing of this, he'd hoped they would just leave and not make him deal with them. Until the one with long blonde hair was recognized and called out to by Alex, still lingering in the doorway. Felix rolled his eyes bemusedly, but did not fail to realize that this situation was quickly deteriorating. He turned his attention to the only person in the room now, Ernest.

"I like Alex, but the other two... Never even seen 'em before. Your call, but once they come inside we should lock up for the night."

There may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all...

Felix wasn't even sure he wanted to stay in the hospital overnight, but thought he should take steps to prepare regardless. Something could still come out of all this, it could still be shaped and controlled and give rise to oppourtunity.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Jotun. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Xaldien†

Post by Xaldien† »

So many people in one little area. Andi couldn't help but think that if someone decided to attack this hospital, they'd probably either kill a whole lot of people in one sitting, or he'd quickly end up a corpse, he didn't know since he never met any of these people before, so he didn't know whether they were playing by the rules or not.

"I wonder if these guys have any food..."

Sioucsie came up from behind him.
"You really think you can trust any of them? I mean... they're all stepping stones for you going back to Daniel..."

She had a point... at one point they would have to die for him to see his dad again... but for now, he'd join up, and see what his options are.
Endless_Helix†

Post by Endless_Helix† »

"it appears that Alex can vouch for the blonde one. They seem to be friends." Ernest rolled his eyes at Felix. "But you're right. The more people we let in, the greater chance  we let in a psycho. I'm not so convinced about the kid out there with the sickle as I am about the other two."

Ernest looked out the nearby window a little. He really didn't like the look of the one with the sickle. It seemed like he was barely restraining some serious inner demons. The kid definately was carrying on two conversations, one with the blonde and an internal one. Looks like stress is getting to some of the kids, Ernest thought. He tapped his foot a little and played with stubble on his chin trying to discern how much of a threat this newcomer was.

"I think that I can work up a simple security system that will prevent entry from the outside and wake us up if anyone tries anything. I've got twine," he mentioned, interested to see how Felix reacted to the apparent trust.

Ernest still found Felix a little difficult to figure out. His actions and his words weren't on the same level.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Endless_Helix. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Jotun†

Post by Jotun† »

Felix seemed to have handled something well, he had found a mutual concern between him and Ernest, played off of it, like he had done with so many people in his life. With that experience Felix knew when certain walls dropped between people, and he had transversed one with Ernest. Good. Felix did not know what Ernest could be used for, only that he could be a major factor on the island. He had what he needed to become a driving force. I don't want to be on the receiving end of whatever he eventually comes up with. Ernest seemed to have an idea to help keep them safe...

"What've you got in mind, then?" Felix stood up off his chair, placing the gun in his pants at the small of his back. He was interested, and he was eager to do something, even if it didn't involve testing the chaos. He made his way to the door in order to keep an eye on Alex, his blonde friend and the distracted kid with the bladed weapon outside with them.

Felix had not paid much attention to the one with the sickle, but there was something off about him, about the way he was acting. It seemed like in the middle of what he was doing his thoughts would turn to something else, something more internal.

He could be losing his grip. Felix thought, amused at the idea. He contemplated whipping his Glock out and shooting him, but it seemed obviously a stupid thing to do to turn at least the blonde haired boy and in turn, Alex, against him for the sake of being cautious, especially when Felix often left caution for only the gravest emergencies. He turned to Ernest, waiting for his idea while leaning up against the doorframe, arms folded.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Jotun. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Hospital”