Onslaught Redux

Return to the Warehouse

A large, and old warehouse. The corners are covered with cobwebs, and there are a few cracks in the flooring showing its old age. This would make a great meeting place for any group, because of the table, chairs, random knickknacks, and all the tools.
Toukan*

Post by Toukan* »

(OOC: Sorry this took so long, guys. I should probably still be doing school work right now, but I need a break. x_x Sorry for the poor writing, my brain died sometime yesterday.)

[[OOC: Coming from the same place as Jeremy and Ryan]]

Clare had completely zonked out for the entire conversation, but once they started moving again, her wits slowly returned. Not that her ‘wits’ ever included any brilliant thought, but at least now she only had a layer of haze to think through instead of a layer of mind numbing pain. Amazingly, that way it was easier to think, but that point had been proven considerably over the past couple months each time she got a migraine. As long as she didn’t go to sleep she’d be able to function.

As she was set on the ground she shrugged the pack and the shotgun off of her shoulders.

“M’sorry, guys.” The smile on her face was a little fake, but mostly just dazed. Somewhere in her mind she was convinced that everything was going to be daffodils and puppy dogs. “I think I can walk now.” But it was too late, they were already there and Ryan had already taken off down the hill.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep you safe.”

“Thanks...” Her voice was soft and her speech was slightly slurred. “If I stay awake everything should be okay.”

With a sigh she reached a hand into her bag to pull out several fresh shells which had fallen out of the box and scattered themselves throughout the other contents. The gun made quiet metallic clinking noises as it was reloaded, but after only minor fumbling it was back to full capacity.

It wasn’t until she tried to move, to crawl until her back was against a rock, or tree, or anything that she realized how badly she was still bleeding. The wound in her stomach was probably the worst, she didn’t dare pull up her shirt to inspect it...she knew well enough that the sight would probably be enough make her vomit. It would be a miracle if she survived, but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t help Ryan and Jeremy until she was completely down for the count.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

The loud thudding that suddenly began to echo from the exterior of the warehouse, followed by a pained and panicked screaming for help, simply made Jill raise her eyebrows. Of course, it had startled her, but she couldn't let that on given their current situation. As Hannah turned, staring at the door with wide eyes, Jill simply shook her head.

"Do NOT open that," she addressed the other girl rather spitefully.

That's the oldest trick in the book. Help me, I'm hurting. As soon as we open the door, he'll probably kill us all. There's already too many people here, we can't afford to run a risk like that this late in the game. There were too many players, too many psychopaths lurking around looking to finish this thing out once and for all. On the other hand, another set of hands could always be useful but -- no. No one else.

Looking around the room at her allies, well, former allies as it seemed, Jill once again shook her head, rather distraught at the turn of events that had unfolded. The five of them couldn't even work together as a team, it had been proven when Jack had jumped on Hannah, then Sidney. Letting more people in? It was completely out of the question. Still, Jill couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt at letting someone out there potentially suffer. After all, if someone really was outside being attacked, they'd all be accomplices to murder. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time. Not for Jill.

Clenching a balled-up fist tightly with Martyn's gun still clutched in the other, Jill tried to fight off any lingering thoughts she'd had of letting the boy in. It wasn't her problem. Wasn't their problem. Besides, she wasn't innocent, she'd killed Luca. Sidney'd killed Chance. And somehow, it seemed like she could recall Hannah's name being in one of the earlier announcements with startling clarity. Even if the boy outside was being attacked, he'd have to fend for himself. They couldn't afford any more people here, not this late in the game.

"No more people," she muttered quietly, still clenching the gun tightly.

Why can't they just leave us alone, just leave us in peace? They all have to come here, have to try to crawl their way in. This place is like a breeding ground for the psychos of the island, they all slither their way over here and try to take us out. Well... this is our place, and nobody else is coming in. Nobody.

Had she been thinking rationally, she might have considered letting the boy outside in. However, nine days in this game would make anyone cold and heartless, and it was definitely starting to effect Jill. Her wounds were festering over and starting to smell somewhat septic. She had tried to take care of them, of course, but it had been difficult, seeing as she was one of two people in the warehouse physically able to defend them should the need arise. Well, they had sat up base in this warehouse and had planned on staying here until they were once again forced out by Danya.

If they lost this place, it would be to a danger zone, and no one else. This place had become their sanctuary... their fort... their castle. And it is the job of any good knight to defend their castle, right? Her eyes wound around the room slowly, casting a glance at the other four people who occupied the building. Somehow, she felt some sort of speech was in order. However, nothing came to mind. She was down to one gun, the other had been left in the back room when the confrontation between Sidney and Jack arose. It didn't matter.

"I'll take care of this," she stated finally.

Her voice was almost nonchalant, like what she was about to do had no bearing on her whatsoever. That's how it appeared, anyway. On the inside, however, she was once again torn apart. Despite everything, Jill trudged slowly up the stairs leading to the second floor of the old antiquated building. A dank and nauseating small hit her as she ascended the stairs. The bodies that littered the top floor of the warehouse were long past fresh, and it showed in every way. Stepping over the morbid scene, Jill headed to her destination: an window. Opening it with a bit of effort on her part, Jill pointed the gun out the window and, with almost no hesitation, leveled off a shot, not necessarily aiming to hit the boy, but certainly aiming close enough to startle him.

She didn't want to kill anyone else. Scaring him away seemed like her prime option. If that didn't work, then, well... she ran the risk of having another kill on her hands. No more people. She'd defend her fort and her friends until the bitter end, which may be sooner than she'd like to believe. For good measure, Jill leveled off another shot, this time aiming a bit behind the boy, hoping to simply kick up some dirt. What to say? Accuse him of being a fake? A phony? This much was certain, Jill saw no one else out there. Just the boy, who from her vantage point looked pretty beaten up, but who didn't after this much time on the island? No more people. It kept running through her head, frustrating her all the more. People would sabotage their plan, leave them no choice but to slaughter one another like animals. She couldn't have that happen.

"This is your only warning," she shouted from her position inside the second story window, "Get out of here. Now."

Sighing slightly, Jill ducked back inside the window lest the boy outside be armed. She'd been shot enough in the past few days, and to say she didn't exactly feel like being pelted with anything else would have been an understatement. God dammit. Why can't they just leave us alone? She was tired. Tired of everything. Tired of being attacked constantly in the sanctity of their warehouse. Tired of being forced not only to contend with the foes outside but to contend with the inner turmoil her team was facing. Most of all, she was tired of being responsible for everyone else. This new boy? He was definitely out of the question. She didn't even know him. The long red locks and glasses visible from where she stood told her that much. The face was completely foreign, and if there was one thing she knew, they had more than enough foreign people inside the warehouse. She and Jack had long since been outnumbered by kids from the other schools, and there was still a lack of trust there on Jill's part.

Once again getting frustrated with all the thoughts racing through her head, she shook it once again and leaned against the wall, waiting to see what sort of scenario would now unfold. Surely, this boy couldn't take on a warehouse filled with people, right? RIGHT? Biting her lower lip slightly, Jill felt sick. All she could really do was stand there, and wait...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: I'm going to try my best with this, but it might not be very good since I have to type one handed (from surgery, get your mind out of the gutter!).
IC:

I can't trust them, not at all. But I don't want to make them my enemy. As much as Sydney's a prick that I'd just love to shoot, he's right.

Thinking this while listening to the others (though to be fair, he was paying more attention to Hannahs chest, being a 16 year old male, but he got the gist of it), Jack sighed a bit, flipping his revolver (he was already thinking of it as "his", as if he'd forgotten the dead boy he had stolen it and the bullets for it from. He vaguely remembered some of the team used to bully him, but not much else) back into his pocket, glaring at Syd.
"Alright, the gun's away, but one wrong word from you and I won't hesitate to fill you with holes." he coldly threatened the hockey player vefore seemingly mellowing out. When the voice came, begging for help, he pulled out his revolver and bullet box, putting two more bullets in the empty chambers before snapping it shut and moving to the sealed door. This happened around the same time as Jill took potshots at the newcomer, and Jack took ample advantage.
If anyone assaults this place, they'll likely assume what he did, that this sealed door is the only way in or out. After all, the opening we're really using was on the other side of the warehouse from the new guy and anyone following him. We can't trust any outsiders. he thought, rapping the door with the handle of the revolver.
"I agree with the lady. We aren't admitting anyone, so go fuck yourself and leave. We don't care what your trouble is." he said, fixing Hannah and Syd with a calm look that carried a wordless message: if they tried to help the newcomer, he'd kill them.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Jeremy continued to watch as Ryan pounded away at the door, then before he could react he watched as a girl appeared from the second story window and fired two shots at Ryan. Both shots missed and it became clear to Jeremy that they weren't intended to hit him, but to scare him away. Jeremy knew at that point that there must have been a group inside the warehouse.

He wanted to get Ryan out of there and back to safety, but he couldn't. He knew that Ryan would do what was best for him, wether to continue trying to get in, or to high tail it out of there. Jeremy gripped his shotgun tight and glanced at Clare.

Jeremy figured that the mind set of the students inside the warehouse must have been that they were extremely paranoid and weren't letting anyone in, or they suspected Ryan of trickery. In the end though, not letting Ryan in could lead to their downfall, Jeremy was not a player of the game, and just wanted to get inside the warehouse.

The only way in was by obvious force, and once inside the ones who were "playing" the game would have to be disabled and taken out somehow. Jeremy gritted his teeth and continued watching from his hiding spot behind the tree line. He waited to see how the scene would unfold.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
riserugu†

Post by riserugu† »

He had hardly any time to think his words over when the intercom system of the island sparked up, and Danya’s voice came on over in that ever so cheerful voice of his, announcing the newest add-ons to the list of the dead, it also breaking the silence of an ever so small detail that Sidney forgot to mention; that being of course the death of another boy stapled to his name. Martyn found himself frowning just a bit and glancing off back to Jill about to question her about the little Sidney fact, knowing damn well Jack wasn’t going to take lightly to it, and sure enough before he even had a chance to get a word out, Jack’s voice was booming through the area of the warehouse.

Jill quickly took into action discarding Hannah’s daypack off to the side of the office, and moving into the main area of the warehouse where the other three where. Martyn glancing off, and struggling a bit onto his feet, pain swelling over in his lower back, as he slowly moved over toward the door leading off into the main room. Glancing over the scene, Sidney seemed to be trying to explain himself – if not also trying to keep Jack from either killing him or kicking them off, treating them to spill the fact they had a computer. Martyn could feel a small surge of anger toward the other boy but that was cut short when a sudden pounding burst from the sealed doorway, followed by a voice begging for help on the other side.

He frowned lightly watching as Jill took off toward the stairs leading to the second floor, Jack yelling back out at the door. “I’m going to upstairs to help her, watch the door – and them.” He muttered off looking Hannah and Sidney over, both of them where killers, though still what Jill had said was right, she had killed too… though still killed or not, only difference to him between Jill and them was that he trusted Jill, same with Jack. But now he could feel this staining in more than one fashion, “Also Jack…”

Glancing about, he moved toward where they had laid down the notebook earlier he picking it up, and flipping through… eyeing all his old school work and all. Before picking up the discarded pencil, and scribbling down quick words;

‘When we aren’t using the computer, we need to shut it down… knowing that damn thing, the battery won’t last that long, oright?’

Laying the notebook down where Jack could read, he turned back heading into the office where Jill had left Hannah’s pack, picking it up and digging through till he removed the girl’s handgun that she had placed in there in terms of joining their alliance, he moving back out and starting up the stairs just as two shots rang out, he picking up his pace a bit, not sure if the shots had come from Jill or the person outside. The upper level of the warehouse was just as he figured, morbid as hell as two rotting corpses lay amongst their dried blood, the flies the only things coming close to them.

Gulping a bit, he moved passed the morbid scene, and toward where the shots had come from. Martyn glancing toward Jill a bit, noting the shots must have been from her, as she was currently yelling out at the person in question. “’e the only one out there?” He questioned, glancing about the area of woods surrounding the warehouse, eyeing for others, though seeing no one made sure to still stay away from the windows, one could only wonder what was waiting outside.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler riserugu. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

As soon as the commotion started, Sidney couldn't help but freeze up. As though things during the last several hours hadn't gotten bad enough for Sidney, what with encountering a terrorist and accidentally killing Chance, getting wounded himself, and then finding himself in an uneasy alliance with some would-be escapists, then when they threatened to force him out, having to blackmail them...all in all, it wasn't the best couple of hours for Sidney Crosby. He found that the game, the competition, whatever it could be called, was truly bringing out the absolute worst in people - himself included. From the latest announcement that had, of course, announced his guilt, he'd noted that the numbers were dwindling even moreso now. Also noted that it seemed as though the kid he'd met at the River, Adam Dodd, had lost his mind after losing his girlfriend (and after accosting him) and had killed quite a few people since. The game was truly bringing out the worst in everyone, and as they heard yelling outside, he remained on the chair as Martyn, Jack, and Jill had sprung into action. Gaping at Hannah with a pure expression of horror on his face, a feeling of intense dread came over him. He'd often had feelings like this before, one could almost call them premonitions, and this was one feeling that he didn't want to be a part of.

"Hannah, I...I have a REALLY bad feeling about this. I...I think we should leave. I don't...I don't know why, but I just don't...I don't think that staying here is going to get us anywhere, except dead."

Looking at Jack as he said something to the newcomer, and then gave them an icy stare, as cold as he'd imagine that death itself would be, Sidney couldn't help but shiver. It was then that he knew. If he stayed here, Jack O'Connor would undoubtedly kill him.

The one problem, of course, with leaving the warehouse now was the whole 'person on the other side' problem, who Jill had just shot at. If it hadn't been a person who was an enemy in the first place, it might have been enough to turn them into one. Sidney wasn't much for going outside unarmed, which was most definitely what he was now. Formulating a plan in his mind, he began to think of how he could possibly manage to convince one of the three people to give him a gun. Frowning, he looked over at the door area.

"What the FUCK is going on over there, guys?"

Looking back at Hannah, he whispered to her as quietly as he could. "We need to get out, I think Jack's planning on killing us."
[+] V7

B027 - Morgan Dragosavich: "Now come on, you have a flight to catch."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - P7 - M1 - PPr1 - PPr2 - T1 - T2 - T3

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - Pr1 - PoPr1 - T1

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 -M1 - VPS - T1

B062 - Jeff Greene: "Wait a minute, you're not Palom—"
V7: 9 - 10 - 11

G042 - Ariana Moretti: "You were always here."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Pregame: P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5 - P6 - M1 - M2 - M3 - T1 - T2 - T3
[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

1: The Essay; June 2, 2015
2: The Pizza; June 6, 2015
3: The Leak; June 7, 2015
4: The Safe; June 4, 2018
5: The Call; September 19, 2015

6: Coda
7: The Secret; June 4, 2018
8: ???; June 9, 2018
9: ???; June 10, 2018
10: ???; June 10, 2018
11: ???; September 13, 2018

Ross Miller

1: Shatterday; June 9, 2018
2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

3: ???
4: ???
5: ???

Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - M1 - M2 - SP - Snapchat

Carl Fredericks/Steven Lorenzen: The Needs of the Many

V6 (2015)
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V1: B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
V3: B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
V3: B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
ZigZaggerty†

Post by ZigZaggerty† »

Hannah looked at Sidney and then around the everyone in the room, this could be her chance to get out of here. She didn’t know what to do, it was a life or death decision. All the hope she had acquired was put into that laptop. Hannah lowered her head and began to think, plotting each outcome over in her head and branding each one suitable or not.

“I...I’ll...” Hannah whispered as she told Sidney her decision “I’ll do it...”

Hannah moved back from her position and moved away from the others, towards the backroom. Grabbing the first aid kit, she entered the room and stuffed it into her bag while making sure not to make to much noise. Tear slowly fell down her cheeks and hit the floor, she didn’t want to die like this.

She exited the room and sat on a crate and waited for Sidney to do whatever he needed to do.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler ZigZaggerty. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

Almost immediately after Martyn handed him the note to turn off the laptop to save batteries, Jack realized he had forgotten to do one major thing that could have sealed their fate. He forgot to block the opening that was the only way in or out (not counting the windows, which were small and a pretty long drop.). Cursing under his breath, he ran into the main room, ignoring Hannah and Sydney as he walked towards one of the vending machines and moved to its side, where he proceeded to push it over after placing the gun back in his pocket.
This ought to block the door nicely. he thought, starting to push it with a bit of a struggle (it was quite heavy, being a vending machine and all). As he did this, he had an idea that might be able to dissuade anyone outside.
"Somewhere out on that horizon, out beyond the neon lights, I know there must be somethin' better, but there's nowhere else in sight!" he started to sing, pushing the vending machine inch by inch as his voice recited the song. He knew the lyrics to "In The City" by heart, it was one of the few non classical songs he liked, and it was the first to come to mind when he thought to sing something. In a way, he saw it as fitting the current situation, which he sang to get his mind off of and because he thought the sudden burst into song would convince anyone outside he was starting to go insane (aka, it would be better to not bother him).
"It's survival in the city, where you live from day to day. City streets don't have much pity. When you're down that's where you stay! In the city, oh oh. In the city." he was near the wall when he reached the refrain, sweating with the effort. After he hit the wall, he continued singing as he started to push the vending machine to cover the hole.
"I was born here in the city, with my back against the wall. Nothing grows and life ain't very pretty, no one's there to catch you when you fall! Somewhere out on that horizon, far away from the neon sky, I know there must be somethin' better, and I can't stay another night! In the city, oh oh. In the city..." when the song finished, he finally finished pushing the machine, so it now lay horizontally across the "door" and effectively blocked the way. True, there was the risk of the warehouse becoming a danger zone and them dying as they tried to move the machine, but they had a day before the next announcement and it would take a while to move it, meaning they were pretty well protected against the people outside. There was also a small slit just above the machine they could look and shoot through. Tired and with two hurting arms from the task, Jack moved to the laptop and powered it down before leaning against the vending machine.
Jack O'Connor, you have really outdone yourself this time.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Kaishi*

Post by Kaishi* »

They weren't buying it. They didn't believe that he, no matter how tired and messed up he looked, was actually being attacked. The plan had ended far from its start. Ryan fell to the side, dodging the bullet and landing badly, agitating his hurt leg. His pained shout this time was real as he dove forward to get out of the way of the second bullet. When he looked up from his doubled over position, the girl at the window was gone, leaving her command lingering in the air. Get out of here. Now. She couldn't've been the only one inside. There had to be a group in there, with no more room for one more. The game must've messed with their heads. Twisted up their thinking process and made them believe that everyone is out there to kill them.

Made sense, though. Whomever was inside wasn't naive enough to let in the new kid. Looks could decieve, after all, and it seemed like they were smart enough to go along with that sort of thinking. And harsh. What if I was hurt worse than I am right now? They'd leave someone for dead in front of their door. The thought made Ryan's skin crawl.

"He'll get me..." He lowered his head, mumbling into the dirt. "I'll die here because of you. You're heartless! SOTF has gone to your head!!" Ryan got up with a stagger full of hurting nerves. "You think everyone wants to get you... They don't. Y-you cold bitch, some people don't want to kill!" The singing coming from inside had no effect on him. It only confirmed the fact that the girl wasn't the only one in the warehouse.

A bird bursted out of a bush nearby, rattling the thin branches of a tree in its frenzy. Another did the same, colliding with bark. The noisey movement gave Ryan an excuse to run, back to the treeline to Jeremy and Clare while screaming his head off. Tangled among the screams were words such as: "Get away! Kill us all!" There were other syllables snarled in for an added edge that meant nothing. But, there was one phrase that stood out from the rest, directed to Jeremy.

"Ow, my arm huuuurts!!" New plan. Hopefully, Jeremy would understand what Ryan wanted him to do.
Founder of SOTF - 2005.
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Sydney avatar by Kermit.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Jeremy watched from the tree line and Ryan made a dash back, shouting at the people in the warehouse. What happened next took Jeremy by surprise though, and Jeremy had to re-register what he heard.

"Ow, my arm huuuurts!!"

Jeremy knew that was the code, and without any more thought, for he could put his cousin to risk, Jeremy sprinted out of his hiding spot, aiming his shotgun at the warehouse.

Jeremy sprinted full speed, his adrenaline pumping, he wasn't sure what Ryan wanted but Jeremy looked like a mad warrior, someone who must have killed numerous times. Jeremy kicked the door to the warehouse only to realize that it was being barricaded.

Jeremy quickly backed up and screamed, "Come on out! You can't hide from me!" It was at that moment that Jeremy realized he was playing the attacker, the one that was searching for Ryan. It was at this time that Jeremy realized what Ryan truly wanted.

"You can't hide that little weasel! Give him to me or I'll kill every last one of you!" Jeremy wasn't a player of the game, but the fact that they shot at his cousin was enough to get Jeremy to try and fight back. Jeremy fired at the door, then fired again twice more at the door.

Jeremy quickly ren to the side of the warehouse and pressed himself flat against the wall. He gritted his teeth trying to count how many rounds he had left in his shotgun. 5 more shots, and he had another clip in his large pocket. Jeremy smiled through his gritted teeth awaiting a response from the warehouse.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Glancing around as shots began to fill the air, Sidney grimaced as Jack pushed the vending machine down across the only doorway that lead out of the warehouse. Seeing his original plan of stealing the laptop and bolting come to a crashing halt, Sidney looked around the warehouse for something else that he might be able to use as a makeshift weapon. Cursing under his breath, he felt a sense of frustration, an aching, almost. He NEEDED to escape the warehouse, and he was feeling more confined by the second. As his eyes scanned around the building, he finally settled upon something in the far corner of the warehouse that he hadn't noticed before - it was relatively hidden away in the obscure portion of the warehouse. Finally, the idea hit him, and he knew how he was going to escape. Without a pack to carry, Sidney motioned to Hannah at the object to which he had seen across the room.

That object, of course, being the ladder to the roof. Hissing under his breath at her, he indicated that it would be the roof to which they'd be able to escape.

"Hannah! It's the roof. If we're going to leave, now's going to be the time. You can stay here, and risk getting killed by people either inside OR outside, or you can come with me...and well, same risk. Either way, we're unarmed, so it's not going to make a hell of a lot of a difference."

At that, Sidney Crosby limped across the room as the pain surged up in his injured foot. As he walked, he found that it seemed to subside, but he imagined that it was just himself getting used to the wound. Not caring if any of the others noticed him, Sidney reached the ladder and looked up. It extended all the way up to the roof of the warehouse, and the little hatch was slightly ajar at the top. Grinning, he put his hands on the ladder and began to climb up to the roof.

If I can get out of here, maybe I can convince whoever's outside to just let me go...at the very least I can use Hannah as a shield if we get in the way of any firefighting...and hey, if it comes down to it, and we're really screwed, maybe she'll sleep with me...

Shaking his head, he pushed the thoughts aside until much later on. Sidney, at this point, had bigger fish to fry as he made his way up to the ladder, pushing the semi-closed hatch open and pulling himself on to the rooftop above.
[+] V7

B042 - Connor Lorenzen: "You— you're gonna have to live with this for— for a long time. A long time, and I hope you do, brother. Really."

B005 - Claudeson Bademosi: "May you see your Redeemer face to face and enjoy the vision of God forever."
V7: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

2: I Wait on You Inside the Bottom of the Deep Blue Sea; July 13, 2018 - ongoing

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

V3: B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
V1/3: B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
V1: B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
V2: B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
V1: G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
Slayer†

Post by Slayer† »

OOC: Just so you know, the only opening is the hole in the wall from a door being pried open, the other doors were shot shut. I blocked the hole with the machine, not the sealed door that has just been shot three more times.
IC: Jack was startled out of a restful sleep when three shotgun blasts echoed from outside, followed by a metallic ringing and a voice demanding to be let in. Grumbling, he rose to his feet and gripped his gun, but saw Sydney whispering to Hannah. He thought nothing of it until he saw Crosby going to the ladder and climbing to the roof.
Shit, he's probably trying to escape. Why else would he go to the roof unarmed? He knows about the computer, I can't let him tell anyone! he had put to much work into keeping his plan a secret to let some murderous hockey player cause his collar to detonate, so he was quick to follow, being as quiet as possible as he climbed after Sydney. His palms started to sweat, meaning he nearly slipped and fell to the floor, but he managed to regain his grip and continue until he got up through the hatch, a bit behind Sydney. Taking out the revolver, he spoke in a quiet tone, as to avoid the person below hearing.
"A fall from here would probably hurt a lot, you know. Especially with your foot like that. Seems it'd be more trouble than it'd be worth." he said with false concern, raising the gun at Sydney.
"You weren't thinking on jumping ship, were you? You don't seem to have a weapon on you, so I don't think you wanted to chase away our guest. Speaking of which, stay here. I don't trust you." with that, he proceeded to walk towards the edge of the roof, looking down he could see Jeremy (whose name he did not know, nor did he recognise him from anywhere), he aimed the gun so his head was lined up with the gun's barrel. Then, he pulled back on the trigger, not enough to fire though, just enough to make the hammer cock itself.
"Oi, player." he called down. "I don't know you, and I already don't like you, so it would be in your best interests to leave. As for the brat you're looking for, he ran off. Think he's a few yards that way by now." when he reached the 'that way' part, he pointed off into the woods, ironically in the direction Jeremy had come from (Jack did not know this) before continuing.
"Now that you know, I'd advise you leave, lest you want what little brains exist in that jock head of yours to be blown out." at that he walked back behind the edge towards the hatch, eyeing Sydney warily.
"You go down first." was all he said this time, but his hostility managed to make even that sound cold and harsh.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Sidney glared at Jack, who had followed him to the roof and surprised him when he'd turned around. Listening to Jack threaten him, an icy-cool stare made its way onto Sidney's face.

Amazing, really. First he doesn't want you here, now he's forcing you to stay at gunpoint. This really is a prisoner situation. He's holding you prisoner. And then what. Suppose the escape plan doesn't work? He's going to kill you then, so he can escape. Sid, if you don't do something, you're fucked!

Glaring at Jack, then looking at the hatch in front of him, Sidney slowly shook his head and put on a guesture of defiance.

"Y'know what? Fuck you, Jack. This entire time, ever since I got here, you've been nothing but an asshole to me. You've treated me like an arrogant pompous jackass, and if I wasn't so convinced that you were going to kill me if things went anywhere close to wrong, I'd be more than happy to stay. Fact is, though, you've barricaded yourself in the warehouse, and once Danya makes it a danger zone, because - face it, he will, I don't feel like getting caught in it and dying senselessly because of some half-assed plan! And as I said, you're probably planning on killing me anyways. Jack, you're a bully, plain and simple. These people are hanging on to you because of your plan, hell, they even wanted me to stay when you insisted upon me leaving. So what're you going to do, Jack? You going to let me leave? Or are you going to shoot me, push me off the roof, what? If you do that, you're no better than Danya, or any of the players that've killed someone. You freak out because I killed someone - it was an accident, that was all. You kill me, and you're worse than I am, because if you kill me, everyone will know that it was in cold blood."

Sidney defiantly stared at Jack. He wasn't going down the hatch.

"You've got three people with guns inside and odds are, you guys aren't gonna get along forever. When that happens, I don't want to be one of the two people inside who's unarmed. I'd rather take my chances hiding outside."
[+] V7

[+] Meanwhile...

V7 (2018):

Life; As It Happens

Ross Miller

V6 (2015)
[+] The Past

The Creme de la Creme

Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Jeremy heard the voice from above and looked up to see the gun aimed at him. Jeremy cursed himself in his mind and knew that he had lost the battle, but it wasn't the war. Jeremy said quickly finishing out his role as the pursuer of Ryan, "Much obliged, that weasel stole my sickle and ran off, he swears up and down he has a "plan" to escape the island. I'm going to make sure he can't do that."

Jeremy then quickly sprinted off in the direction the boy pointed. Jeremy couldn't hear the argument between the two boys on the roof from his hiding spot in the treeline. Jeremy approached Ryan and Clare and said between heavy breaths, "I have another plan."

Jeremy sat on the ground and looked at the shotgun in his hands. Jeremy then looked at his cousin then at Clare. "Ryan, you did a good job, but apparantly the people in that warehouse are armed and are not letting us in."

Jeremy said, "So eventually I have a feeling that they are going to have to leave this warehouse, let it be this place becomes a danger zone, they figure it's time to move out, or the group ends up fighting each other." Jeremy looked at his two partners. "That is why we watch the exits, if they leave that warehouse we will know about it." Jeremy smiled than said, "That is when we ambush them or whoever leaves. That boy could have shot me proving they are not playing the game, and none of us are playing this game either so we shall kill no one."

"I don't even think that girl was aiming to hit you Ryan. They are probably just scared, but the fact of the matter is they did shoot at Ryan, and they did threaten me. We will ambush them when they leave, make them drop their weapons. We will secure them all, but we need their weapons."

Jeremy looked at Ryan and Clare and gave them a smile and said, "So what do you guys think? Worth a shot?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Jill simply watched on with an almost deadpan expression on her face as her bullets intentionally missed the battered and beaten young man on the ground two stories below the warehouse. Even as he shouted out random spouts about her being a coldhearted bitch, Jill simply shrugged her shoulders... on the outside, anyway. On the inside, she knew that the unnamed boy was right on every count. In essence, they were leaving him on their doorstep to be slaughtered. In fact, her firing from the window could have contributed to it had she aimed just a few inches from where she'd fired. Despite that, she felt no emotion toward the redhead who was now retreating from their line of fire, and that fact in itself tore her apart inside.

Shaking her head slightly, she continued to observe the situation as it unfolded outside... the second crazed boy who ran toward the warehouse firing, Jack's shots fired off the roof (what he was doing on the roof, one could only guess. Perhaps he'd ascended the ladder in an effort to help fight off the intruders), the boy thanking him and assuring him that his prey would not escape the island. Had Jill known it was all a devious ploy on the part of the Torres boys, she would have been irate. However, given the current situation, she could only feel sick inside. From her standpoint, at least, the game had long since gotten to everyone.

From the open window in front of which she stood, she could hear two voices from the rooftop, and though she couldn't quite make out the conversation, it was apparent that the two were Sidney and Jack. A mixed feeling of surprise and dread overtook her in that instant. What were those two doing on the roof together? Jack had been pointing a gun in the boy's face only moments before. All of the paranoia that had accumulated within the past nine days on the island was slowly starting to overtake Jill, and she turned to Martyn with a scowl on her face.

"You don't think... that maybe he took Sid up there with the intention of getting rid of him during the shoot-out, do you?"

She'd said it. For so long, the warehouse had formed a sort of sanctuary for its occupants, helping to keep them safe from the horrors that had gone on all over the island. Now, however, it truly was a deathtrap. Paranoia and suspicion had long since started to overtake Jill, and she was almost certain that it had started to affect the other occupants of the building as well. Suddenly, Jill didn't know who was more dangerous: the pair on the outside of the building, or the group that she'd all but been sealed inside with.

Casting an offhand glance to the body sprawled out at the top of the stairs and the other a bit lower down, Jill couldn't help but muse over the fact lightly. This place had become tombs for those two girls when they had (or so she assumed, judging from the shell casings and the bullet trail around the second story of the warehouse) eliminated one another from the game. Had they perhaps been allies at one point, as well? Jill had long since decided it as an inevitability that they would all die in this place, but when Jack had hacked into Danya's systems, it had given her a false sense of hope, if only for that short time. Now, with everyone at one anothers throats, and for real this time, that hope was once again starting to dwindle away.

Sticking her head out the window once again, Jill scowered the area for any signs of the injured boy or his assailant, but she saw nothing. Come to think of it, she hadn't heard any gunfire since that brief altercation between the shotgun-boy and Jack, and that small fact struck her as extremely odd. Especially considering the fact that the boy had all but ensured the elimination of the redhead he had been "hunting". It was strange, to say the least, and something about it lingered in her mind. The boy really was injured, that much was apparent. And, the way the player had come firing blindly into the warehouse, he didn't strike Jill as the type of person to save ammunition... otherwise he wouldn't have shot a bolted shut door three times, right? Raising her eyebrows slightly, she continued to mull over the odd predicament.

"Something isn't right, you know," she voiced quietly.

She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but something was definitely wrong here. The thought that they were being set up never occurred to her, but the strange scenario that had just played out in front of the warehouse kept replaying in her mind. The killer had a shotgun in his hands, but was chasing after some injured boy for a pathetic sickle? He was wasting ammunition over a sickle? Even a fool could see that the scenario just didn't add up. Still, the boy seemed genuine when he stated that he wanted the redhead's skull. Then again... Jill couldn't shrug it off as the possibility of him being a dimwit. After all, he'd survived nine days on an island too. He certainly couldn't have been stupid. So then, what exactly was going on?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Old Warehouse”