The 72nd SOTF Songtest: 420 Songtest It

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Buko

The 72nd SOTF Songtest: 420 Songtest It

Post by Buko »

HA-HA! It's ya boy DJ EZ Wider aka the Sultan of Swishers aka the Commandant of Cannabis aka the Sour Diesel Evil Kinevil aka Count Dabula ("I vant to puff your bud!") aka the Marijuana Menorah aka Light-an-L Dutchie ("Hello! Is it weeeeeeeeeeed you're lookin' for! I can see it in your eyes, that your broke ass ain't got five and I cannot...smoke....with yooooooou") aka the Plantain Supernova aka the Lebron of Lechon aka I'm just ripping off the Bodega Boys and you can listen to their podcast or watch em on Showtime!

Now!

I am runnin' this shit, welcome to da weed test.

The rules of this theme are simple: Songs about or focused upon the consumption of or procuring of cannabis. I will be a bit loose here on "focus" since I know that folks aren't all about the gateway drugs as I be. I do want weed, stoner culture or cannabis to be mentioned at the very least and preferably to be a strong guiding scent through out your selections!

I am running 5 day rounds here because this is my first test and I am a bit intimidated by excel sheets and all that jazz. Also, y'know, stoner test, we a more chill and inviting sort.
[+] Rules Stolen From Last Test That Were Stolen From Another Test
-submit your song via PM or discord, whichever's easier for you

- songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. if you're going to be away at some point in the next couple of weeks, let me know and I can try to put your song in a round when you'll be here.

- listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favorites: 12 to your favorite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favorite.

- if your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be eliminated. if your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points.

- the top [x] songs will move on to the final. that number depends on the number of contestants.

- repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.

- winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.

general song rules:
- no eurovision songs
- no reality show/competition covers
- no songs already submitted in a songtest
- there is no penalty for length in this contest. however, if a song goes over 7 minutes, listeners aren't obligated to listen to more than the first 7 minutes of the song. so choose a long song at your own risk!

each semifinal and the final will last for five days. some rules about activity/extensions:
- if you know at the start of your semifinal that you wont be available to vote for those five days, let me know asap and I can move you to another semi, if we aren't on the final one already.
- I'll be posting every 24 hours in this topic as a reminder, as well as pinging everyone who hasn't voted on discord 24 hours before the round ends.
- extensions will only be granted in extenuating circumstances. forgetting to vote until an hour before deadline is not an extenuating circumstance.
Will be accepting submissions until Sunday with the goal of starting sometime around then, whatever, don't be a buzz kill. If we get enough before then--I will start before then! Stay on your toes, head on a swivel! If you got a star by your name then you haven't submitted, whatever.

1. Chad (me)
2. SunnyDee
3. MS
4. Ricky
5. Burnitup
6. Kerm
7. Jilly
8. Brackie
9. Laurels
10. Fen
11. Rugga
12. Boogie
13. Mara
14. Skrall
15. Toben
16. Paige
17. Pan
18. Kami
19. Irene
20. RC
21. DN
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

I'm in
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Obviously.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

*takes a huge bong rip*

I'm down but I gotta smoke on this for a sec
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

k
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

I'm in!
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

I'm in!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

chad win

chad win

i'm in
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

submitted a song
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Buko

Post by Buko »

Alright--let's get it! Round one! The participants are as follows!

1. DN
2. Burnitup
3. Laurels
4. Paige
5. Kermit
6. Brackie
7. Rugga
8. Kami
9. Boogie
10. Chad

Two songs will be eliminated and forbidden from the big ass smoke cypher in da finals. Now da songs!

Because this is falling right in December and I am slow and confused in tallying votes and stuff--I am running a bit longer rounds. You'll pretty much have a work week to get this done, the deadline for round 1 will be 9PM EST on Friday the 18th. If everybody gets their votes before that time, no worries and we'll play it by ear, but I would rather this be no rush and no pressure during the holidays. Let's smoke and chill with ya boy! I accept votes either Discord or PM (like everybody else)!
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

[+] These Folks Cant Hang
10th - Roll Another Number (For The Road) submitted by DN it received 45.5 points including one 10 and another public 10
9th- Reefer Madness submitted by Laurels it received 53.5 points including one 10 and two public 12s
Everybody else has five on it and if you don't got five then I'm sure your homies got five and if they don't got five I'm sure they homies got five etc.

Round 2 will be up sometime tonight!
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

Alrighty then! Onto Round 2! The participants are...well everybody who is on the master list who wasn't in round 1. But whatever. For posterity:

Second verse--same as the first! Round will last for five days and end officially on Wednesday the 23rd at 9PM EST (that way we can have an extended finals over the Christmas holiday and leading into the New Year with a New Test)! I will be eliminating the bottom two in this round just like in the first, so y'know, thank the randomizer for putting you in this one! I will be accepting votes either via PM or Discord or messenger pigeon and any questions just hit me up! Happy tokin' and happy votin'!
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

We did have a DQ this round but since it was not one of the two lowest finishers and this round had one extra in comparison to Round 1 anyway--decided to keep with eliminating the bottom two as to have even representation of both rounds!
[+] Lightweights
DQ - What it Look Like by Curren$y feat. Wale and submitted by Sunny, it received 50.5 points including three 8s
11th - War Das Etwa Haschisch by Georg Danzer and submitted by RC, it received 41.5 points including one 8.
10th - Crazy, Stoned & Gone by Angelo de Augustine and submitted by Mara, it received 43 points including one 10 and two 8s.
I will be trying to get up the Finals sometime tonight but if not--expect them up early tomorrow morning! Happy holidays and happy smoking!
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

Sorry for the delay! Here is da finals! Here all da people:

Irene
Ricky
Fenris
Skrall
Jilly
Pan
MS
Toben
Burnitup
Paige
Kermit
Brackie
Rugga
Kami
Boogie
Chad

Alrighty! Since this took me so long and stuff--votes will run until December 30th! As with the last two rounds results will be tabulated and posted roughly around 9PM EST. Stay lit like an X-Mas tree y'all and remember--puff, puff pass! Actually, cross that! It's COVID and all we do is smoke personals now! Toke and vote yo.
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

A'ight--votes closed! Let's light up our personals, bring out our pieces, load up our dabs and face a couple of very potent edibles...

And most importantly see who is the last one standing!

[+] Broke Box Early
16th- Higher by Rihanna submitted by Brackie who was too crossfaded to end up anywhere else but the bathroom. Higher received 33.5 points including an 8!
15th- Dopesmoker by Sleep submitted by MurderWeasel who bogarted the joint amongst an hour long ramble and ended up passed out on the couch. Dopesmoker received 36 Points including two 12s and a 10!
14th-Stay Fly by Three 6 Mafia submitted by Rugga who def was not gonna get in no hotbox with how fly they're dressed--are you friggin' kidding? Stay Fly received 41 points including one 10 and two 8's!
13th- Reefer Hound Blues by Curtis Jones submitted by Jilly who was too old school to smoke anything but Panama Red and said the weed back in the day was about having fun and now it's about taking one hit and immediately dying. It received 42.5 points including an 8!
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'

Return to “Song Contests”