V8 Concepts Question Game (classic version)

Old style

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
MK Kilmarnock

V8 Concepts Question Game (classic version)

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Hey guys! Turtle did us the honor of starting the V8 questions game early (can never be TOO early) so you can flesh out your concepts for the next version and get a feel for them.

This is the same idea, but the old way we did it, i.e. somebody answers the previous question, then asks a new one for the next person to answer, like a chain (instead of a huge list). This'll be good for people who want to just answer something really quick.

So you know the rules, answer the previous question with as many of your concepts as you'd like, then be sure to add a new one to the end of your post in bold so it's easily noticed.

Let's begin!

Who has been the most influential person in your life?
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I'll go first!

Who has been the most influential person in your life?

Linda: ...Hunter. I think... yeah, Hunter. Uhm... yeah.

Devon: Dumb question. I've done everything on my own.

Melanie: My mom! I know it's a hokey answer, but I really mean it. She means so much to me, especially since it's been just the two of us almost all my life.

Next question: You have a fresh box of Neapolitan ice cream sitting in front of you. Which section do you eat first?
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Erika: I'd like to say my mom, but...Grandpa.
Bets: My Bestie BB!
Gabrielle: Uh... My parents, duh? who else?

OH WAIT SHOOT I WAS LATE BY 3 MINUTES OK NEXT QUESTION NVM
You have a fresh box of Neapolitan ice cream sitting in front of you. Which section do you eat first?
Erika: Strawberry
Bets: I'd scoop them sideways, so I'll get all 3 flavors in one bite!
Gabrielle: I'm not interested in food right now, sorry

What is, in your opinion, the cringiest thing in the world?
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Hades: My name. Heh... I'm kidding. I don't like to think of things as 'cringy' as long as people are having fun and living their lives. I don't know, is 'our president' a good answer?

Lynn: The marks on IWC forums trying to defend these wrestlers that harass or assault women.

Vladimir:
Hades' name.

If you could have any job in the world and not worry about how much money you made or if you'd be good/bad at it, what would you do?
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Laci: The word "cringe" itself, to be honest. It used to mean a sense of embarrassment. Now it means "this person did something I find weird or even simply exists." Learn what words mean.

Elodie: Making poor bread and then serving it to other people. ):

Ashlee: Oh! People being huge jerks about harmless stuff like being fans of anime, then turning out to like some stuff too. They usually don't have actual gripes with the culture beyond 'cringe', and often they are guilty of the same stuff they laugh at others for. Like, some weeb stuff is messed up, sure, but it's much more face-palmy to point and laugh at bad manners while doing the same kind of stuff, y'know?

Ty: People who try to get into any sort of athletics without realizing, holy shit guys, it actually takes effort. I'd be happy to show the ropes to anyone who's legit interested. But like, it ain't easy. Do you know how much it takes to get ready for a cheer event, or even just tryouts? It's not just waving around pom poms, you have to take the time to learn tumbles and shit. So I get really peeved at people who try to get into it but aren't willing to really get into it. Same goes for other stuff, really.
If you could have any job in the world and not worry about how much money you made or if you'd be good/bad at it, what would you do?
LacI: President of the United States. I'd probably do a better job. *small laugh*

Elodie: Was thinking about doing some wildlife conservation stuff post high school. Maybe like, a biologist of some sort? Maths isn't my forte, but since skill isn't the req here, it's not an issue!

Ashlee: Costume designer. Maybe for movies, or maybe like those people on Etsy and stuff who make the really awesome cosplays. Like, realistic dragon or monster costumes. I already have some skill there.

Ty: Olympics athlete. USA, USA!

Question: If you were in a zombie apocalypse, how would you die and become a zombie?
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

If you were in a zombie apocalypse, how would you die and become a zombie?

Devon: Zombies aren't real.

Melanie: I'm kind of a klutz, so probably from something embarassing. Or my gun would jam at just the worst possible time.

Linda: I'd probably get left behind and forgotten somehow. Just the way things are.

Next question: Oh no! You were trying to cook bacon at too high a temperature and accidentally caught your house on fire from all the grease! What's the one thing you grab before fleeing?
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Oh no! You were trying to cook bacon at too high a temperature and accidentally caught your house on fire from all the grease! What's the one thing you grab before fleeing?
Tenshi: My phone, duh!

Liya: I don't have a lot of things I'm attached to. Can I say my little cousin?

Lydia: Umm... marshmallows? So I can roast them by my burning house. Hah.

Meena: ...my stuffed dinosaur...

Question: Describe how you'd like your bedroom to ideally look.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Oh no! You were trying to cook bacon at too high a temperature and accidentally caught your house on fire from all the grease! What's the one thing you grab before fleeing?
Katelyn: Oh gosh, don't make me choose between my kitty and my journal! I'd pick my kitty, though.
Natasha: I wouldn't be cooking bacon, as I am a vegan. However, in the spirit of the question, I would try to rescue my parents.
Lucio: I would think too long about what to grab and probably die in the inferno, to be honest.

New question: "If you had to pick one god from any mythology to be real and actually impact the world, which god would you pick?"
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

If you had to pick one god from any mythology to be real and actually impact the world, which god would you pick?
Amaryllis Perlman-Byrne: I'd not seek to right this ship with a god's hands. We need a muse at the helm. Why not bring back Calliope? Could the chief of all muses come up with something better than this? Or maybe that's not possible at all, and what we need is someone insane enough to pull it all together, collect every loose thread, fetch the ashes out of every door, to send humanity off with a bang? I doubt it, but I'd trust her more than any ancient, crusted god.

Eugene Marcus: I'd take just about any god from the machine right about now.

Coda Taylor: I did a project for history class in middle school about the Aztecs, and they had this God that was really neat named Tlāloc. He was the rain god, but also the god of fertility. It's weird, because even though he's got these big fangs and huge distinctive eyes, apparently a lot of researchers would mistake other gods for him all the time. I wonder what Tlāloc would have to say about all that.

Mai Onodera: Uh, let's go with... the Buddha.

Kyle 'K' Emerson: Uh, I dunno, I think most mythologies were pretty intense. Norse stuff is pretty neat though. Freyr was neat. A king who brought good weather and harvest. The world could use some easy, uncomplicated stability.

??????? Jones: Atlas technically counts as a deity, right? I think it's about time he gave us the 'ol dropkick.

Question: Pineapple on pizza; yay or nay?
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Pineapple on pizza; yay or nay?
Randolph Whateley: People put pineapple on pizza?

Danielle Bird: Too many carbs. Pass.

Medea Parth: Pizza is pizza! So yay!

Question: If you got to choose how the world ends, what would you pick?
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

If you got to choose how the world ends, what would you pick?
Katelyn: Umm... ever heard of vacuum decay? It's sorta complicated, but it would propagate at the speed of light. We'd never see it coming and would be gone in a single, painless instant. That's the way I've always wanted to go, so I think that would be the best choice.
Natasha: Nuclear armageddon. We shall see if the Posadists were right after all.
Lucio: Let's get some Ragnarok going in this bitch. Throw down with some bad dudes and get a trip to Valhalla for it, that's the life!

New question:
Katelyn: "Everyone dies eventually. If you could pick how you go out, what would you choose?"
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

If you got to choose how the world ends, what would you pick?
Erika: ...Define the world? If you mean civiliztion, I'd like a soft apocalypse.

Bets: Thats a good question... I don't know, really! would waiting for the sun to kill us all work? Just let nature run its course-like, we'll all already be dead at that time so wjo cares? The aliens? JK. But seriously though.

Gabrielle: I mean... I've been thinking of this too. I hope, sincerely that one day, we all inexplicably, suddenly, all at the same time drop dead.

What's the coolest way die? wrong answers only lol
[+] v8 babies

Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

DISREGARD THE LAST POST!!! sorry i always post at the same time at others. Ironically we had similar questions asked!
Everyone dies eventually. If you could pick how you go out, what would you choose?"
Erika: Peacefuly in my sleep. Preferably between the ages of 85 to 95

Bets: Heart attack at age 94. Logest lived in four decades of my family history, baby! Hopefully I'll be surrounded by by besties, but I also wanna outlive them so...rip I guess. Seriously though? I want my death to be nice. A grouo of peoole crying over me as I try to confort them, a nice, soft bed, hopefully my bones will be intact.

Gabrielle: Drop dead. Randomly. That way I won't even know what happened. No suffering. Who knows when? Could be tomorrow for all I care, death is just an endless void we'll all end up in anyways!

What's the coolest way die? Wrong answers only lol
[+] v8 babies

KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

What's the coolest way die? Wrong answers only lol
Laci: Dying in your sleep after living a long and happy life. *smiles*

Elodie: I guess dying for what you believe in, honestly.

Ashlee: Uh... do we...? Well, I played a game where a guy rode a motorcycle so fast he turned into butter. Is that a cool enough way to die?

Ty: Action movie style last stand. Best answer, and you know it. Just go out in a blaze of glory.

Question: If you had to be a Pokemon, which one would you be?
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

If you had to be a Pokemon, which one would you be?

Devon: Video games are some real nerd shit. But, Charizard.

Melanie: Vulpix! She's so soft and small and cute and I'm all about that vibe.

Linda: Froslass. I've loved her since Pearl, so... so, yeah.

Question: Honest question, do you return the shopping cart after you're done?

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”