Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Fenris

Puella Magi Mafia Game Thread

Post by Fenris »

Magical girls live short lives. This has almost always been the case.

The ecosystem is simple. A young girl's emotions power a wish, a miracle that could never be without magic, to exist in the world. The joy brought into this world by the wish must be balanced by despair. The newly minted magical girl must fight witches to keep her soul clear of corruption, but if she overuses magic, if she is too unselfish, if she is careless or if the despair from her wish overwhelms her, that corruption will take root. Magical girls die in battles against witches, and their immense energy is freed to stave off the heat death of the universe for the slightest bit longer. Or, the corruption in a magical girl's soul destroys her, and she becomes a witch herself.

The circle of life, so to speak.

But here, in Kamihama City, magical girls have been turning up dead.

This does not happen. When a magical girl dies, she disappears from this world. Either absorbed into the labyrinth of the witch that killed her, or becoming a witch herself. But corpses have been found. Potential has been lost. Questions have been asked. Fear is rapidly spreading, and unfortunately this makes my work more difficult.

The scent of magic is on these corpses, you see.

Magical girls are murdering their own.

Why? How can they be stopped? As magical girls yourselves, I imagine you would like the answer to these questions.

I leave this mystery to you.

After all, I cannot interfere.

I am simply an observer.

Welcome to Puella Magi Mafia! There are some important things in the rules for this particular game, so please read everything even if you're well-acquainted with the usual rules of SOTF Mafia.
  • Roles were assigned at random.
  • Day phases will last for 6 days, night phases for 3 days. If there is significant complaint that these phases are too long or too short they are open to being modified.
  • Do not quote or screenshot your Role PM. Paraphrasing your role or your flavor is fine, but direct quoting is against the rules. If in doubt, ask me first. Circumventing this rule may lead to being modkilled.
  • Do not communicate re: the game outside of this thread unless your role PM says that you can.
  • Editing of posts is strictly prohibited. If you realize you need to edit something after the fact, please start another post and use EBWOP (Edited By Way Of Post) to indicate that you're making an edit.
  • Lynches are final. When a lynch is hammered, please cease discussion until I can tally votes. Once the lynch goes through, night will begin.
  • One "bah" post is permitted after death, with no game content included. Afterward you can post in the afterlife thread that will be sent to you after your death, but not in the main thread.
  • Please send in your night action on time. In most cases if no night action is sent, the action will not take place. If you do not wish to use your night action, please PM me saying so. Not messaging me at all during the night phase if you have a night action is considered a strike for inactivity.
  • Inactivity rules: All players should be participating, both during the day and during the night phase. The minimum for participation during the day is two posts that contain content (which is to say, not just shitposts, one sentence "I agree with X" posts, or votes without reasoning), or one post that contains content and two without. This rule is relaxed for day 1, but will come into full effect on day 2. Failing to reach this threshold constitutes a strike. Failing to PM me during the night with regards to your night action also constitutes a strike. Three strikes and you're out of the game unless you have significant irl difficulties, in which case message me and we'll work something out.
  • Vote formatting is as follows:
wrote: VOTE: HANDLER

code: (b)(color=red)VOTE:HANDLER(/color)(/b)

UNVOTE

code: (b)(color=green)UNVOTE(/color)(/b)
  • No Votes are not accepted or counted.
  • Vote counts will be done once per irl day, but I will perform them more often if asked.
  • This game will be played under (close enough to) Normal Game standards, as defined by Mafiascum. Because Mafiascum games are run differently than SOTF games, generally, the exact list of Normal rules as found on their wiki does not quite apply. I will list the exact rules that are definitely in place below. The TL;DR version of this is that this game contains no bastard elements, Cults, Jesters, etc, and you need not worry about those things for the sake of this game.
The exact "Normal Game" specifications in place are as follows (note that most of this is copied directly from the Mafiascum rules and does not guarantee that any listed elements actually are in the game):
[+] Normal Game rules modified from the Mafiascum Wiki
  • There is at least one Mafia group in this game with at least two members, and no more than 2 such groups, and no more than one Serial Killer.
  • There is at least one Vanilla Townie in the game.
  • The following elements are guaranteed to not be present in this game: Cults, any entirely random elements, post restrictions, direct lies from the GM (me) to the players, and roles that redirect night actions.
  • The following roles are guaranteed to not be present in this game: Godfather, non-sane Cop, non-sane Doctor, Survivor, Lyncher, Jester, Beloved Princess.
  • The game uses Natural Action Resolution.
(Please do me a favor and don't try to figure out what roles are in the game by comparing this list to the actual Mafiascum Wiki list. I left a number of items out because they are almost never present in SOTF games anyway and didn't want to crowd the list. The whole point of this setup is that I'm not trying to trick y'all, you don't need to get rules lawyer-y over this. :p)

ALIVE:
  • MethodicalSlacker
  • dmboogie
  • Cactus
  • KamiKaze
DEAD:
  • Irina Ivanov (Yachiyo Nanami, Vanilla Townie)
  • Polybius (Kazumi Subaru, Mafia Vanilla Cop)
  • blastinus (Mami Tomoe, Jailkeeper)
  • Zetsu (Tart, Non-Consecutive Vigilante)
  • Deamon (Kirika Kure, Mafia Strongman)
  • Emprexx Plush (Yuma Chitose, Follower)
  • MurderWeasel (Sayaka Miki, Gunsmith)
  • Jilly (Tsuruno Yui, Vanilla Townie)
  • BlizzardeyeWonder (Nagisa Momoe, Miller)
  • Zetsu (Umika Misaki, Mafia Goon)
  • Primrosette (Homura Akemi, Bodyguard)
  • General Goose (Madoka Kaname, Innocent Child)
  • Grim Wolf (Kyoko Sakura, Vengeful Townie)
  • Riki (Momoko Togame, Vanilla Townie)
If you have any questions at all, feel free to throw them into this thread, or PM me and I'll answer you privately.

The first day phase begins now, and ends on Friday, August 23rd at 6 PM, EST. Role PMs are going out as we speak; please don't post into this thread until you receive yours!

With 18 players alive, 10 are needed to lynch.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Jilly

Post by Jilly »

VOTE:DMBOOGIE for stealing the joke I wanted to say
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

VOTE: JILLY 4 being 2 slow
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

Hi I have received my role and do not know a single thing about the source material
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

I have received my role.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Role received. Let's do this thing.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

UNVOTE: DMBOOGIE because I did not read the rules about not posting until we have a role in the first place so that doesn't count because now I have received mine and am now ready to rock!!!
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

Hi!

I received my role! I'm here!! Hello!!!!!
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Role received!

dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

UNVOTE:JILLY because magical girls shouldn't cling to pride or negative emotions!!
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Received my role

VOTE: BOOGIE

Because he posted first
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
Riki

Post by Riki »

hi! role received and

(b)(color=red)VOTE:GENERAL GOOSE(/color)(/b)

out of principle
Riki

Post by Riki »

VOTE:GENERAL GOOSE

listen i swear i am competent
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

I'm posting it!!!!!!!!!!!

Meguca

this is the show there are spoilers
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF

Return to “Mafia”