A Classy Place to Meet

Finn and Mara's rendezvous - open

It is clear that the lobby was once welcoming and elegant. White and black marble floors complement the crystal chandeliers. A sleek onyx reception desk is where room keys were given. Round tables with large vases hold only dead flowers now. High-backed black chairs and white sofas are collected in a nook next to the elevators. Nearby is a fireplace and coffee tables containing a fine (if highly outdated) selection of magazines.
Will†

Post by Will† »

The few seconds Finn waited for Alex and Sophie to reply felt like forever. As he watched the two of them think, Finn began to chew his lip and tap his foot anxiously. When he saw Alex's mouth open, Finn's foot froze and he held his breath.  

Finn released the deep breath that he was holding in when Alex and Sophie both told him they hadn't heard his friend's names on the morning announcement.

"Thank god for that." Finn sighed.

At least his friends were safe for the time being, however, this meant that it was more than likely Mara had already came to the hotel earlier and had left without him. He hoped that this was wrong, and she was just taking a long time to find her bag. He didn't like the thought of traipsing around the island for another day with the hopes of coming across another friend to ally with.

"Yeah they are." Finn said in response to Sophie. "I met up with Mara back on day two I think. We split up so she could go find her bag and we were supposed to meet here last night, but... I overslept."

Finn was a bit embarrassed telling them the truth about why he was in his current situation. What kind of person misses a meet up as a result of sleeping more than half a day more than they were supposed to? Especially when they're on an island full of people who are looking to kill them. They probably thought he was an idiot.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Will. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Alex chuckled after Finn explained his predicament. It was just the way he said it - "overslept". It was such a simple, common word that he said so bluntly like he was using it as an excuse for being late to school.

Alex looked at the front entrance, then to the pools entrance, and back at the front door. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if they just waited here and kept Finn company until he could regroup with his friends. After all, it wasn't like those bodies weren't going to walk away from the swimming pools area.

"It could always be worse," Alex said. "We spent the last two days with a British megalomaniac and his firebomb factory. That was... entertaining, to say the least."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

So Finn was just looking for some friends. Sophie could understand why he'd be concerned. She hadn't seen Mara, so she wasn't sure how much help she could be to him.

Alex explained how they left Gavin the day before.

"Yeah, that wasn't a very good place to be," Sophie said, shaking her head.

Sophie tapped her fingers against the pipe. She was wondering when it would be good to go look at the bodies in the pool.  She couldn't figure out a polite way to leave Finn and go check it out, but she hoped Alex had one in mind.
Will†

Post by Will† »

Alex and Sophie attempted to make Finn feel better about his situation by telling him what had happened to them over the past few days. Apparently they were with some crazy British guy for a couple of days who had some sort of bomb with him. Finn smirked and stretched his arms out.

"Hmm, I think I can do better than that." Finn sneered. "On the first day here I almost got shot by Joe Carrasco. You know, the one that killed Jason Meyers? Well, we were all in the hospital together and Joe just suddenly went all crazy and started shooting at us. I was lucky enough to escape, but... Jason wasn't quick enough."

Finn was only bending the truth slightly. He was in the hospital with Joe and Jason and he did get shot at by Joe. The only thing he changed was how the whole situation occurred. What sort of person would Alex and Sophie think he was if he told them that the whole reason Jason died was because Finn wanted to steal Joe's gun? It's not like they'd ever find out he was lying anyway. Unless of course they met up with Joe, but even then, they're more likely to believe Finn rather than a murderer. If Finn was to be honest, the more people who thought Joe was a crazed psychopath the better. He wouldn't even care if Joe got killed; it would serve him right for trying to murder him.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Will. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Alex's eyes widened as Finn talked about his encounter with Joe Carrasco on the first day. If what he said was true, then Joe was definitely someone to stay away from. Maybe something like that was what went down over in the pools, too.

"I don't think Sophie or I could top that even if we tried," Alex said with amazement before looking to Sophie and amending his statement, "...well, I couldn't anyway."

He still thought himself lucky for not seeing someone die in front of his eyes. Poor Sophie (and Finn apparently) didn't have that luxury anymore.

The real loser in the room was Nina, though. Nothing could top being dead.

Speaking of whom...

Alex took a breath and asked Finn, "...Did you see if Nina had anything on her, like maybe her food or water? It's not like she would need anything to drink anymore, all things considered."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Finn had an encounter with a crazy student early on in the game. Joe Carrasco. Sophie didn't know much about him other than that he was apparently hemophobic, but to hear that he lost it and shot another student was difficult. Joe hadn't killed since, so maybe it wasn't as bad as Finn explained.

Alex noted that he and Sophie probably haven't had it as bad, but then realized that he might not have been correct. Sophie felt a sense of gloom set over her. Dave. She hadn't thought about him much since the first day. One of her best friends gone in an instant, and with nothing she could do about it.

"I saw a good friend die," Sophie told Finn. "He just decided to walk off a cliff, and it was right before I could even approach him."

Sophie looked down at the floor. Alex was asking about Nina's body, but Sophie drifted away from that. She didn't want to dwell on Dave's death for too long, so she needed to compose herself.
Will†

Post by Will† »

Finn almost felt a sense of pride after he appeared to have won their competition of who had the crappiest time on the island. However, this feeling soon vanished after Sophie told him that her friend committed suicide right in front of her. New winner.

"Oh." Finn responded in a voice that was slightly higher than usual.  

Clearing his throat, Finn looked away from Sophie. That was awkward. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Sophie look down at her feet. Finn hoped she wouldn't cry; it would make things more uncomfortable than they already were. Luckily, Alex quickly changed the subject and asked Finn if he'd seen any supplies on Nina.

"No, checking for supplies isn't usually the first thing that pops into my head when I see a dead body. Besides, I haven't plenty on me anyway."

Finn glanced at Nina's corpse then back at Alex. He wasn't going to go near that thing again, he had enough blood on him already from his encounter with Joe and it smelt revolting.

"I'm not searching her if that's what you're implying. You can do that yourself."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Skipping to avoid inactivity))

Sophie stared at her feet for a few seconds more. However, she closed her eyes and shook her head before looking back up. She didn't need to cry right now. It would only make things more uncomfortable for Alex and Finn, and they needed to address the body in the room, as well as the bodies near the pool.

"That's fine," Sophie said in response to Finn's comment. "We won't force you to do that. We can do it ourselves."

Sophie paused and turned to Alex.

"Well...I guess we should check. After you?"
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

((Apologies about the inexcusably long wait, guys))

Sophie's recollection about Dave managed to silence Finn somehow. Maybe, in a way, witnessing someone step out of the game literally was just about the worst thing to experience besides dying like Jason Meyers, or Nina Clarke, or Stacey Mordetsky, or the pile of bodies over at the pool.

Maybe this hotel was naturally an asylum for losers or something.

Finn gave the go-ahead to raid Nina. That was great, albeit he sounded kind of disgusted about the idea. The thing was, though, were they just going to look over this corpse right in front of Finn? He was probably silently judging them already. When Alex came up with the idea of looting the bodies, he never took another party into account. He didn't expect another person to be here. He didn't have room for another person to be here.

Alex bit his lip as Sophie beat him to responding to Finn. She really seemed quite adamant about this plan now.

Then she asked Alex to do the honors. Of course. Well, "of course" as in he should be the one to do it since it was his idea in the first place.

His heart pounded. He had to say something, something to delay this. "...Well, uh, Nina's a girl, r-right?" He pointed at the decaying corpse. "Shouldn't... uh, maybe... you should do it."
Will†

Post by Will† »

Finn rolled his eyes as Alex gave some feeble excuse in order to avoid doing the dirty work. Was he scared of the body or something? It wasn't as if Nina was going to re-animate and attack him like they were in some crappy B movie horror film. Finn also didn't want to check the body, but at least he had a good excuse, it wasn't as if he was afraid to search her, it just wouldn't benefit him.

"Well that's rather un-gentlemanly of you, Alex." Finn said to Alex in a mocking tone.

Finn leant towards Alex with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Come on Alex, don't be a pussy. She's not going to bite."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Oh great. Alex didn't want to touch a dead girl. Neither did she, but he did have a good point about delicacy. It would probably be a lot weirder for him to touch a girl than for her to do it. Finn could joke about Alex's lack of manliness, but either way, someone would have to check Nina for supplies.

"You know, I can do it," Sophie piped up, "I don't mind."

Sophie walked over towards Nina's body. Nina was lying in a puddle of blood. Sophie remained in place, looking over the corpse. All she had to do was walk up and search her pockets. Just do that, and then they could move on.

However, she found herself stuck in place. All she had to do was walk closer and start searching. It should be easy, but it wasn't. Sophie remained staring at the body, trying to find the nerve to search it.
Will†

Post by Will† »

As Sophie walked over to Nina's body, Finn began to wonder why they were even bothering to search her. What did they expect to find on her anyway?  If she had anything worth taking on her, they'd probably be able to see it straight away. There weren't many items of use on this island that would be able to fit into a small pocket. Unless Nina had a bottle of water stored up her ass, it was very unlikely they were going to find anything that would benefit them.

"You're probably wasting your time searching her by the way. I think it's quite clear she hasn't got anything on her. You'd be best off looking through the bag she had with her... unless that guy who killed her took all the stuff inside it."

Finn shuffled over to the right side of the couch slightly so that he could see around Sophie. For a brief second when his eyes first made contact with the door, he was half expecting to see Mara walking up to the hotel with bag and gun in hand, but all he was met with was an empty space. Finn sighed and slumped back into the couch.

He looked down at his hands which were almost completely black with dirt. Finn spat into the palm of his hand and began rubbing the two together. When he opened his hands, they were not much better than they were to begin with, just more smeared than they previously were. He was filthy, and he didn't have to check under his arms to tell that he absolutely stank. Thankfully, this was a hotel, which meant that there must be bath or a shower somewhere in the building. He might as well wash himself if he was here; he could just wait for Mara up in one of the rooms.

"Hey." Finn called out to Sophie and Alex. "You guys were just upstairs right? Do you know if they had any showers or anything in the rooms and if they worked?"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Skipping to avoid inactivity))

Sophie stared at the body on the floor some more. She needed to be prod in the back in order to check it out. The smell of blood was pretty terrible, and she was still unable to get too close.

Thankfully, Finn spoke up, mentioning that it would be better to just check Nina's bag then her body.

"Uh, yeah!" Sophie said. "That would work."

Sophie walked over to the discarded bag and picked it off the floor. The bag was fairly light, so Sophie was sure someone already went through it. Still, they could check it out and see if anything got left behind.

Finn then inquired about the showers in the hotel.

"I haven't checked," Sophie said, "but there should be showers up there."

"You know what? We can search the bag upstairs. Let's just do that now."
Will†

Post by Will† »

At least Finn didn't have to put up with the smell of his own body odour for much longer, that would at least be one good thing that came out of today. Then Sophie suggested that they all go upstairs to check the bag. Finn wasn't completely keen on spending even more time with the pair, but he supposed it was better than being on his own.

"Yeah... okay." Finn responded hesitantly.

Sliding his gun into his pocket, Finn got up from the coach and picked up his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. As he began walking towards the stairs, he paused as he realised he'd need to find a way to tell Mara where he'd be. His eyes glanced over the room, searching for something he could leave a message on before locking onto the reception desk.

"Oh, hang on a sec."

Finn jogged across the room and swung round the reception desk. Kneeling down, Finn searched through the shelves and compartments underneath the desk until he found a piece of grubby paper and a pencil. He stood up and laid the paper on top of the desk and began writing in large capital letters.
MARA
I'M UPSTAIRS IN ONE OF THE ROOMS.
IF YOU SEE THIS NOTE, COME UP AND
FIND ME
-FINN
Once he had finished the note, Finn lifted his head up and once again scanned the room. Where would a good place to put the note be? When Finn had first walked into the hotel, the first thing that grabbed his eye was the dead body in the middle of the room. It probably wasn't the most ethical place to put the note, but it certainly was the most noticeable.  

Grabbing the note, Finn left the desk and briskly walked over to the decaying body. As he got closer, Finn started to hold his breath. He placed the note neatly on top of Nina's corpse, positioning it so that it wouldn't slide off. Turning to Sophie and Alex, Finn gave them a thumbs up.

"Right, I'm done. Let's go." Finn said to the pair as he made his way towards the stairs.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

((Amaranta Montalvo continued from Dissolved Girls))

Mara pulled the lounge doors shut behind her, yelping as she grabbed hold of the door handles. Both her hands were injured now. She put her bag on the reception desk and started riffling around inside for her first aid kit. She found a roll of gauze from the hospital lose in her bag before finding the kit and turned around to look at the lobby while cradling her hand close to her chest.

There were other people in the lobby. Mara rubbed her eyes and took another look. One of them was Finn, who she was there to meet. She unrolled the gauze and started winding it around her right hand as quickly as she could. The other two were people from school no doubt, but she didn't remember them specifically.

"Finn," she called out and walked towards him. Her bag was still on the reception desk, but the gun was slung over one shoulder while she continued trying to get the bandage around her bleeding hand. "I got held up, but I'm here now. Looks like you aren't too worse for the ware."

Return to “The Lobby”